π˜Όπ™‰π™π™„-π™ƒπ™€π™π™Š [Dark Deku...

By SteveTheAlbino

(Y/n) Midoriya was just like any other kid growing up in the world of heroes. He wanted to be just like them... More

Ch 1: '(Y/n) Midoriya: Dark Origins'
Ch 2: 'You Don't Know What You Got'
Ch 3: 'Blame It On My Youth'
Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'
Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'
Ch 7: 'Give Me One Good Reason'
Ch 8: 'Going Away To College'
Ch 9: 'Pathetic'
Ch 10: 'Wasting Time'
Ch 11: 'More Then You'll Ever Know'
Ch 12: 'Hungover You'
Ch 13: 'No Future'
Ch 14: 'Up All Night'
Ch 15: 'Action'
Ch 16: 'Roller Coaster'
Ch 17: 'Anthem'
Ch 18: 'Degenerate'
Ch 19: 'Strings'
Ch 20: 'One More Time'
Ch 21: 'Remember To Forget Me'
Ch 22: 'Cynical'
Ch 23: 'When I Was Young'
Ch 24: 'Feeling This'
Ch 25: 'First Date'
Ch 26: 'Rabbit Hole'
Ch 27: 'All The Small Things'
Ch 28: 'Dammit'
Ch 29: 'One For All'
Ch 30: 'Fear No More'
Ch 31: 'King In Green'
Ch 32: 'Lie to Me'

Ch 6: 'Easy Target'

5.5K 294 252
By SteveTheAlbino

[And onto chapter 6 we go! This week we finish off the fight with he who shall not be named mainly because he doesn't deserve it, and the reader! Alongside that, Bakugo teams with Mineta, girl who wants to go through anything to become friends and more sadness to an already heartbreaking backstory! Yay, heartbreak! And alas, the end of this chapter brings the end to the first ARC of this book. The Childhood Bully ARC, as I have dubbed it. Get ready for a wave of serious-level stuff! So, yeah, let's get into it!!!]

[This honestly feels like the best chapter of this book, especially at the end. 15k words for this climatic finale to the first ARC. I hope you enjoy my pain of writing so many words lmfao.]

[Your POV]

You know what pisses me off about people these days? They say that if you need help, talk to someone about it. They say someone is always there to listen to you, to help when you need it. Well, what do I have to say about that? Bull-fucking-shit. You want help? Find it yourself. Because in the end, people only care about themselves. You'll have no one to rely on other than yourself when the bad times come along. Yet, there are some people out there who ask, plead, beg, for people to pick them up from all this chaos because they can't handle it anymore.

I went through that at one stage in my life. I thought someone was being my friend. Was trying to help me. But I was wrong. No one wants to help you. No one wants to see you succeed. They don't care about you. It took me a while to realize such. But when I did, I came to realize the only person in life you can truly rely on...Is yourself. That's why, as I face off with someone who made my childhood a living hell, well, more than what it already was. didn't hold back. I just let it all out. Because in the end... No one cares.

"AAARRRGGGHHH!!!"

[3rd Person POV]

The voice of (Y/n) sparked to life, just as his enclosed fist did the same. The streaks of the black and green chaotic energy that surrounded his hand as he unleashed forward could be seen directly through the monitors that were displaying it for all of Class 1-A, and All Might, to see. Their jaws immediately dropped as they witnessed (Y/n)'s fist collide with the chest of Kaito. Sending the bully playing back, extinguishing the flames in his hands in the process, as he was slung through the air and smashed into a wall some distance back.

Kirishima: "T-There's no way that just happened, right? My eyes are playing tricks?"

But even rubbing his eyes did nothing to hide the fact Kaito was currently buried in a pile of rubble.

Ojiro: "He sent him flying with just one punch!"

He exclaimed, completely shocked, as to the side, Ashido could be seen bouncing up and down in front of a cool and collected Bakugo.

Ashido: "Bakugo! Bakugo! Bakugo! Did you know (Y/n) could do that? Did you? Did you? Did you?"

Bakugo: "Of course, I did!" [Thoughts] "...To some degree."

But Bakugo decided to not state such a fact, as the smile Ashido quickly spawned upon receiving her answer was all Bakugo needed to see.

Bakugo: [Thoughts] "That's it, buddy. Keep showing the girls what they're missing out on." [Out Loud] "Huh?"

Not too far away, Yaoyorozu could be seen watching the screens very closely as Kaito slowly got to his feet, noticing the opportunity, Bakugo quickly slid into those 'direct' messages. Though, of course, he did it in the most casual way possible by walking over, standing at her side and waited a few seconds before finally speaking. All the while neither adverted their gaze from the monitors.

Bakugo: "What's up?"

Yaoyorozu: "Hello."

Bakugo: "Enjoying the fight?"

Yaoyorozu: "I suppose. Both show promise, though it is far too soon to decide which is superior wouldn't you say?"

Following her sentence, Yaoyorozu turned her high and elegant gaze down to the blonde standing next to her. As forBakugo, he just stared at the brunette, eyes unable to blink, as he tried to process what she had just said. That's when he realizes...

Bakugo: [Thoughts] "She's rich. Crap. That means my boy's gonna have to work twice as hard. Oh, well, it'll be worth it. At least this way, if he fails at being a hero, he can cuddle up to her and have Yaoyorozu be his sugar momma. Tch! ...Lucky bastard."

However, with Bakugo being stuck in his thoughts, this just left Yaoyorozu to raise an eyebrow when the blonde didn't respond, and just look at her. It eventually got awkward to the point that the brunette just...slowly walked away. But not many seemed to notice as they were still focused on what was going down within the Battle Center, where dust and pieces of rubble slowly drop from Kaito's body as he gets up.

Kaito: "Y-You... You... YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?! Huh?! DO YOU?!"

The rage was ever-present in Kaito's voice as he screamed at (Y/n), the once silent male done with keeping his mouth shut. If Kaito wanted a fight, he'd give him one.

(Y/n): "I don't need to think I'm better than you, Kaito. The fact you're the one getting off the grounds says all that needs to be spoken."

Kaito: [Growls] "Mongrol dog."

That was all he muttered before launching off the back of his feet. A powerful gust of wind was all he left behind as he went to attack (Y/n). A fierce scream coming from the bottom of his lungs as he pulled his fist back, as he did so, red, hot, flames formed around it.

Kaito: "MONGROL DOG!!!"

The words repeated themselves, fueling him further as he finally unleashed his attack. But (Y/no was ready. Strike after strike came his way. Faster than any normal human could do. Despite his arrogant nature, Kaito was still a skilled fighter. His punches were coming in so quickly that they'd be presumed to be blurs from anybody else. But for (Y/n), he was in no mood to muck around. Each punch that came his way, he dodge. Taking a stepped back each time he avoided a hit. The more he dodged, the more Kaito got angry.

Such eventually left his gut open for a counterattack. And all it took was for (Y/n) to drop down to a knee and send a fierce right punch to the open area. Time slowed as the chaotic energy-fueled punch made contact with the centre of Kaito's suit, easily breaking apart the fabric. Once the fabric was gone. There was nothing between (Y/n)'s fist and Kaito's skin. Enough force was behind the hit that it once again sent Kaito backward. Kaito didn't hesitate to focus all of his pain into one spot as he bit down on his bottom lip.

His teeth managed to draw blood as his feet brought his sudden movement to a halt only five meters away. Kaito would do anything to hide the pain he felt. To keep hidden the fact that (Y/n) was able to make contact with him again. To make sure no one got even a single thought that (Y/n) Midoriya was better than him. But keeping such a display of pain hidden was no easy task. And as his classmates watched on from the monitor room, he could sense their combined gasps at seeing him deal with another hit. It made Kaito angry.

"Hey, Kaito!"

Then there came the voice of Iida over the earpieces. That just made Kaito even angrier.

"Kaito! Give me your status! What happened?!"

For a brief second Kaito allowed the annoying voice of his reluctant teammate to remain just that, an annoying voice. As he took in the words, his glare did not drop from (Y/n). Even as he opened the communication.

Kaito: [To Iida] "What happened, is that you're getting in my way. Shut up and defend the fucking weapon!"

"Wha! You do not have to--"

Before he could finish, Kaito ended the communication. But he didn't just end it, he outright took the earpiece, dropped it on the ground, and crushed it beneath his foot. Once the voice of his teammate was out of his mind, Kaito slowly began to hobble (Y/n)'s way.

Kaito: "Stupid fucking teammates... Fucking mongrel Deku! All of you... All of you--"

--Flashback--

"--Are nothing before me! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

The voice of a much younger Kaito echoed through the air as the children of (Y/n)'s junior high classroom gathered around the jungle gym where the aforementioned male could be seen standing tall above all the others.

Kaito: "From this day forward, I am the king of this playground! You are all my servants! So say, the king!"

Despite the words spoken, however, nothing but laughter arose from the children who pretended to be Kaito's servants. Doing as was ordered by their 'king' as they played the minutes away that remained of their lunchtime. But not all students were gathered in on the fun, to the side, sitting under the porch of the school grounds nearby, a silent (Y/n) watched on as the fun took place.

Yet, despite no one seeming to offer him a second glance as kids rushed around to do the decrees ordered to them by their leader, (Y/n) still carried a small smile. Was it out of seeing how happy the others were to play together? Or perhaps it had to do with the hidden bit of hope shoved away deep inside that someone would come over and ask him to play? Either way, it didn't matter, as no one did ask him to join in.

Instead, he was left to watch from the sidelines as Kaito and Akiko stood atop the playground as the others happily served them. (Y/n) didn't know it at that point. But it was this one moment in time when he could look back on and know within himself that he was jealous of Kaito. Jealous that everyone wanted to be his friend. That he got the girl. That he just had everything he could ever have asked for. But (Y/n)... He had nothing.

"Hey, (Y/n), is everything alright?"

At first, he didn't notice the teacher's arrival. Nor as she sat down next to him. (Y/n)'s dull, smiling face was just glued to the scene before him. It didn't take long before the Teacher noticed.

"Why are you not playing with the others?"

(Y/n): [Sighs] "They don't want me to play with them."

"Well, how do you know that? Did you ask?"

No. But (Y/n) knew they wouldn't. They all thought he was a freak. A monster. And it was all his fault. All because he didn't save his brother. All because he wasn't a hero. When (Y/n) didn't respond to the teacher's question, the young lady that sat beside him was left with a few choices. In the end, she decided on the option any outsider would think to do in a time like this.

"Here. Why don't we both go over to the others and I'll ask if you can play with them?"

When (Y/n) first heard that, his head perked up. For the first time in a while, actual excitement filled within him. It was kinda like those moments in life when one small change could seemingly make a massive difference. (Y/n) had always liked his teachers, they were nice, and had helped him in the past. So, for a brief moment, he thought that perhaps they could help him again. So, with anticipation on his side, (Y/n) reached out and took the hand of his teacher. The pair walking alongside one another as they slowly neared the playground.

Kaito: "Alright! Now that my kingdom is coming along, it is time that we prepare for a festival to celebrate me and my que--"

"Excuse me. Kaito?"

Kaito: "Huh?"

All it took was a slight change in direction of his gaze for Kaito to come in contact with the smile of his teacher. But it wasn't until he lowered his gaze a little to see the nervous figure of (Y/n) poking out slightly from behind the teacher that Kaito really started to get annoyed. Despite this, like always, he did his best to hide his anger in front of the teachers. Such led the teacher to ask her next questions without knowing of the troubles that would follow.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you and the others, but I was wondering if you at all had any room for (Y/n) to join you all in playing?" 

Kaito: "...(Y/n)."

As soon as the other kids heard the name, they grew wary. But the only one (Y/n) focused on was Akiko, the girl he had previously liked, who had now been glued to Kaito's side ever since the day (Y/n)'s Quirk first came to be. Even though he was young, (Y/n) still hated the pain of rejection. Yet, to his surprise, the response he got from Kaito was shocking, to say the least.

Kaito: "Sure! (Y/n) can play with us!"

(Y/n): "R-Really?"

The one sentence he never thought he'd hear from someone, let alone Kaito, was just spoken. Enough to leave him blank inside as his teacher smiled brightly.

"Oh, that's wonderful. Thank you very much, Kaito, for being so generous." [Turns to you] "You hear that, (Y/n)? They said you can play with them. Isn't that great?"

(Y/n) didn't know what to reply with. All he could do was look up at the teacher in disbelief. The one thing he ever wanted, to have friends, finally seemed to become a reality.

Kaito: "Yeah! Come on, (Y/n), come play with us! You can even have a special part in my kingdom!"

(Y/n): "I-I can... Really?"

Kaito: "Of course!"

All (Y/n) could do was smile. Unable to say any words, his smile was all there was to showcase how happy he was. When the teacher saw that, she saw her job was done and returned inside. But, just like most happy moments, they didn't last long. The same could be said for (Y/n)'s smile as he found out exactly what his 'special part' was in Kaito's kingdom.

"Loser!"

"Freak!"

"Idiot!"

Such words came (Y/n)'s way as he was shoved around by three of Kaito's friends. Eventually, (Y/n) was outright pushed to the ground, his body colliding with a pile of mud underneath a part of the playground that the teachers couldn't see from their offices. But the kids who played the role of servants in Kaito's imaginary kingdom certainly could. They just stood there and watched as a defenceless boy was pushed to the ground, treated like nothing more than a clown. All for the amusement of a bully who had yet to have his wings clipped.

Kaito: "Ha! Ha! Ha! See, Deku, I told you, you could play with us! After all, why wouldn't we let you play the role of my royal clown. You're perfect for it!"

(Y/n): "K-Kaito... Stop..."

Desperately (Y/n) tried to get back to his feet, but ultimately he was pushed into the mud all over again. His entire clothes were now drenched in the murky liquid, as the sound of thunder rumbled in the black skies above. But they were soon shut out by Kaito's laughter.

Kaito: [Laughs] "Stop? Why would I stop the clown from bringing me amusement? You wanted to play with us, (Y/n)? So we're letting you play with us! Right?"

That last part was more so directed to the kids gathered around him. Though when not everyone responded, Kaito made sure to repeat the question, this time with a much fiercer tone.

Kaito: "Right?!"

This time around people did respond. But they no longer carried the smiles like they did earlier. This time, they spoke out of fear. Fear of this unrightful king who saw himself as better than others. Either way, Kaito didn't care if they were happy or not, as long as they did what he said. That way he could keep the power, and grow the ever-expanding grin on his lips as he turned his maniacal gaze back to (Y/n)once more.

Kaito: "Face it, Deku. This is where you belong. At the bottom. In the mud. Because at the end of the day, you're nothing but an easy target for me. And I'll make your life hell at every chance I get."

--Flashback Over--

"This is where you belong..."

"...At the bottom..."

"...In the mud..."

"...Because at the end of the day... You're nothing..."

"...Nothing but an easy target..."

It was that last part that really set (Y/n) off the most. Even so, he couldn't help but admit that Kaito was right. Back then, he was an easy target. A child who had yet to learn the rules of this cruel world. Who had not tasted the true poison it had to offer, despite thinking such. But now. (Y/n) knew what life was about. The pain it brought. But the one thing he knew above all else was that he was no longer an easy target. 

He wasn't the one to be pushed around. He was the one those who do such should fear. He was the monster in the shadows. The horror to all who bring forth wrong. And to Kaito... He was going to be his worse nightmare. And as Kaito continued to run his mouth, he was going to find out what it really meant to be an easy target.

Kaito: "You're nothing, Deku. You're nothing to me! Do you understand that?! You're nothing! I know that! Everyone knows that! But--"

(Y/n): "But the only one who needs to know otherwise is me!"

Kaito: "Fuck you!"

A fierce scream was quick to follow Kaito's words as he launched into the air and drew his fist back. An ignition of flames formed around his hand as he sent it flying for (Y/n)'s head. But the boy did not fear. As for Kaito, his emotions were quick to set himself up as he expected to come into contact with (Y/n)'s face, but he struck nothing but air. Kaito wasn't even able to verballing describe his shock, (Y/n) was just there, and now...He wasn't. Before he could contemplate it any further, out of nowhere a stray fist came in from the side, colliding with Kaito's jaw, sending him backward.

Kaito: "Argh!"

A few seconds was all it took for Kaito to regain his composure. His gloved hand coming up to the side of his mouth as he looked in the direction the punch came from. That's where (Y/n) now stood.

(Y/n): "All my life, Kaito, you've made it your mission to bring me down."

Kaito: "Shut up!"

Quickly launching off his feet, Kaito goes for another strike to (Y/n)'s head. But in a use of speed that was unexpected from (Y/n), he effortlessly dodge the wayward strike, leaving Kaito to once again punch thin air as (Y/n) popped up from behind to continue his sentence.

(Y/n): "So now I think it's time I do the same thing for you. It's time I expose your weaknesses."

Kaito: "Deku! ARGH!"

Twisting his head Kaito immediately sent a foray of fire blasts in (Y/n)'s direction. It was an attack he had practised every day. But for (Y/n), it was child's play. A mere duck of his head, and a shift to the side. What would normally be a difficult task to manage was easy when your opponent's focus was not set in stone. Instead, the blasts went flying passed his head and burned the metal wall behind him.

(Y/n): "You're impatient. You lack restraint."

Kaito: "Restrain this!"

Without wasting a second Kaito immediately went back to sending a forway of fire blasts. This time around, however, they came in quicker succession, leading (Y/n) to dash around the small hallway. But still, it was a task not too difficult. From side to side (Y/n) dodged the attacks. Each one he avoided, the closer he grew. Yet Kaito continued with his attacks, not bothering to think ahead. Such was what ultimately left him open. As with the next fireball that came his way, (Y/n) didn't just dodge, he catapulted himself off the ground and onto the wall.

Kaito was only given a brief second to react, sending another strike in (Y/n)'s direction. By the time it reached him, it was too late. Using all the strength in his foot (Y/n) activated the powers of One For All to avoid the strike just in time, sending him through the air, toward Kaito. This time around, however, he wasn't able to prepare himself for what came next. All Kaito could do was watch as another punch ripped through the air from (Y/n), noticeable red veins filled with the power of One For All running down his arm before reaching his gloves.

As it did, (Y/n)'s fist finally made contact with the side of Kaito's face. Even the slightest of touches would have been enough to send anyone back a good distance. But (Y/n) didn't hold himself back. He pushed his punch forward, which not only sent Kaito flying back, but smashing through wall after wall of thick metal. Eventually, Kaito did come to a stop, but not before his body crashed through three sections of the villain's hideout. His body lying in the rubble once more. A low groan came from Kaito's mouth as his eyes opened, only to be greeted by a blurry monster that walked his way.

"Another thing. You hate to be on the losing end. When you are. You get frustrated. You become disillusioned. You become a liability."

Despite having a good idea who it was that was walking his way, his brain could not seem to conjure the image of (Y/n). Instead, he was left to face off with the blurry green figure with a yellow slash around his neck and claws for fingers. The thing that broke Kaito the most, however, was the horrifying glowing green eyes that haunted toward him.

"All my life, you called me an easy target. Called me a freak..."

The white claws reached out and grabbed him by the collar of his uniform, lifting his hobbling body up to meet the nightmarish gaze.

"You called me a monster..."

Kaito: "Y-You...You are... A-A monster..."

(Y/n): "Alright then. You want a monster... I'll give you a monster."

But following these words nothing but silence filled the surrounding area. And due to the sudden detour in locations, the viewers watching from the monitor room were left unable to see what was going on. An empty hallway with a hole in the wall, the one of three which Kaito got his body flung through, all that was left for them to stare at as they waited for a sign.

Sato: "What's going on?"

Ashido: "We can't see anything! We can't see anything!"

Sero: "I hope (Y/n) will be alright."

Kirishima: "(Y/n)? Did you see what just happened? He basically just sent Kaito to the retirement home with that punch!"

All such voices sounded as they eagerly viewed the gaping hole in the wall that took up the screen. But out of everyone watching, Bakugo carried his smirk. He didn't need to see anything to know Kaito was getting his butt kicked. He knew (Y/n) wouldn't waste this opportunity. But Bakugo wasn't alone in thinking this, as not far away, a silent, yet still smiling All Might, monitored the scene.

All Might: [Thoughts] "Young man. I know you have a history with young Kaito. But please... Do not take this any further than things need to go."

The thought resonated with All Might momentarily until his gaze was once more focused on the screens before him, and he wasn't alone. Everyone watched with anticipation as the camera zoomed in on the hole in the wall, seconds before Kaito's body came flying out. His body slamming into the wall for the third time now, before his entire figure went limp and dropped to the ground.

But even with such happening, the student's gaze was quickly set about to the hole in the wall, where faint sparks of green energy zapped to life. It was only for a short period, but it was enough to give a brief look at (Y/n)'s body that haunted its way through the shadows, until eventually, he reached the entrance to the hallway. Once there, nothing but silence resonated in both that hallway and the monitor room. No one could move their gazes away from the scene.

The sight of (Y/n)'s monstrous figure looming over Kaito's unconscious body was definitely a frightening sight. Even so, (Y/n) did not take the matter further as All Might first feared. Instead, he just let his glowing eye take in the sight of a defeated Kaito. The scene not only bringing an end to the fight but to this pathetic rivalry that (Y/n) had no interest in. And he decided to make that known as he slowly began to reach down with his clawed hand.

(Y/n): "You made my childhood a living hell, Kaito. Made me relive my greatest nightmare over and over again. Well, now I think it's time you live a nightmare for once..."

And just like that, green sparks ignited at (Y/n)'s fingertips. A precurse that his Quirk was activating. The glow of the effect was slowly nearing Kaito's face as (Y/n)'s horrifying green eyes narrowed into something else, like the once friendly boy was taken over by the monster inside. But just when a moment that could change all for (Y/n) appeared to be in place, he did not go further. Instead, pulling his second finger back slightly, enough force was applied before finally releasing it. A single flick to the forehead of the childhood bully all that came from the moment.

(Y/n): "Whose an easy target now?"

Of course, no response came. But (Y/n) didn't need a response. The very fact that he was standing tall was all that anyone needed to know who had won this battle. Back in the monitor room, a sigh was all that could be heard from All Might. His smile quickly reclaiming his face as the cheers of his students filled the background.

All Might: "Thank goodness."

Despite not knowing what had happened in the shadows, All Might decided that what he didn't know, wouldn't hurt him. All he knew is that (Y/n) had defeated his opponent and was now on his way to catch up with Uraraka. What means he went through to win, was not worth thinking about. So as silence reclaimed the halls, (Y/n)'s towering, monster-like figure, just continued to distance himself from Kaito's unconscious body as he searched for his partner.

******

Speaking of which, Uraraka could currently be seen silently making her way through the halls of the villain's hideout a few floors above (Y/n)'s current position. But whereas (Y/n) took in his victory, Uraraka was left to swallow the defeat as she thought back to the words (Y/n) had told her minutes ago. 

"No! I don't want you to stay! I don't want your help! Alright?! I don't want anyone's help! Just stay out of my way! Stay out of my life! Okay?! Just leave me alone and get that damn weapon!"

The words were struck down upon her like a bolt of lightning colliding with the ground. Now, whereas the words themselves hurt like such, it was the tone in which (Y/n) used that really hurt Uraraka. For it was the tone he used that showcased everything he had just said was 100% true and from the heart. 

Uraraka: "...I guess he really doesn't want to be friends with anyone..." 

Just speaking such words brought a spiteful taste to Uraraka's mouth. But it wasn't directed toward (Y/n), but more so toward herself. She had tried so hard to become friends with the boy. Whether that be complimenting his admittedly awesome suit, or attempting to make him smile. Such things were what friends normally did, yet, so far, she had failed in thatregard. Even worse, after hearing what (Y/n) said, it appeared any chance of the two of them becoming friends were now long gone. 

It was a thought Uraraka was left with as step after step her body continued through the familiar halls. Her goal of finding the weapon was now a backseat thought inside her mind, instead, she focused on why exactly she felt so drawn to becoming (Y/n)'s friend. She didn't know him overly well. They had only met on a few occasions before being inducted into the same class. Was it because he saved her? Perhaps she saw something in him that just drew her to want to be friends with him. 

Maybe she sensed something about him that just brought her closer. That told her becoming friends with this boy would be a great thing. Or was it because he called her special? She remembered the warm feeling that swallowed her up when he first told her that. She had never been called special before. Either way, she didn't know what it was, but whatever it was, it made her incredibly sad realizing she'd probably never become friends with him now. Despite his cold persona, (Y/n) genuinely seemed nice. At least, that's the vibe she got from him. 

Uraraka: "But I guess I'll never know now." 

She softly muttered, followed by a sigh as she dropped her head and continued to walk around. But her head was almost immediately lifted when a familiar voice echoed from further down the hallway. 

"I can't believe he hung up on me!" 

Uraraka: "Huh? Iida?" 

"Going off on his own like that... What is wrong with him?!" 

She didn't need a second more to confirm her suspicions. That definitely was Iida...She could tell by his whining. Nevertheless, if that was Iida, that meant she was close to the weapon. That was all she needed to know before instantly Uraraka pushed off her feet to dash down the hall. Eventually, she found the room where Iida, and the weapon, were being kept. Now. Uraraka could be seen hiding behind a stone pillar as she gathered the surroundings around her. 

Uraraka: "Alright. I've found the weapon. Now I just have to tell (Y/n) and hide until he gets here." 

She was in the very process of doing exactly that. However, just as her finger was about to touch the side of her helmet where her earpiece was located, she paused and thought over what she had just said. Was she really just going to hide and wait for (Y/n) to show up? She didn't need to wait for him. She totally had this. Besides, this could be her final opportunity to show (Y/n) that she could not only be trusted in being a hero partner but a friend as well. Such a thought was the final nail in the coffin, she was going to do this herself. 

Uraraka: "No more just letting others take the action for me. (Y/n) saw I was special, and now I'm going to prove it to myself." +And despite not saying it, she was also going to prove to (Y/n) that she could be as trusted to be his friend. But there was still one opponent left in her way, Iida. If she was going to beat him, she needed something to help her. Her gravity Quirk would do little against the speed that Iida had shown in the past. That's why, if she wanted to beat him, she'd have to take on an alter ego of her own. The rawaggression and lack of thinking. The categories only one person could fill... 

Iida: "Kaito is a natural at being bad. He fits the character so well. If only he wasn't a pain in the butt then maybe he could--" 

"Oi! Ya big nerd!"

Iida: "Huh? Nerd?"

Immediately spinning around the young boy in Transformers cosplay instantly had his eyes rise when he saw the person shouting out was none other than Uraraka. The normally polite girl now carried a cocky grin and pointed a finger directly at her opponent, something Bakugo would definitely do as well. 

Iida: "U-Uraraka? You're here?! I-I mean... You're here?" 

Uraraka: "You're damn right, I'm here! And I'm here to punch you!" 

She showcased such by colliding her fists together. Truthfully, it hurt. But she couldn't show Iida she was in pain. She had to be a person who thought without thinking, like Bakugo. 

Uraraka: "Now get over here so I can punch you! P-Punch you in the face, that is!" 

Such a statement left Iida bewildered andstunned.

Iida: "Uraraka? What has gotten into you? Why are you speaking like that?" 

Uraraka: "Because, ya big nerd! I have to beat you to show (Y/n) I can be trusted as a hero partner and a friend!... Ya big nerd!" 

Iida: [Thoughts] "She's really focusing on that one thing, huh?" [Out Loud] "You do realize that (Y/n) does not seem to be in the search for friends, right?" 

Uraraka: "Y-Yeah? So?" 

Iida: "So... Do you not think that maybe you are overdoing all of this just to become someone's friend?" 

Uraraka: "W-What? No! I-I'm going about this in a completely normal, not overdoing it, type of way...YA big nerd!" 

Iida: [Thoughts] "Again with the nerd! Why?! It is not my fault I was born with the need to use glasses!" [Out Loud] "Maybe it's time for you to just stop all this yelling and return to the sweet, nice girl who doesn't scream all the time?" [Thoughts] "And preferably the one that doesn't keep calling me a nerd." [Out Loud] "And don't worry, Uraraka, I'll be your friend." 

She was caught in the middle of two sides fighting. One, which was her mind telling her to keep going and fight to be (Y/n)'s friend, to show him that she could be cool like Bakugo. But then there was Iida, who was telling her to give up. To forget about (Y/n) and go back to being just herself.The more she thought over it, the more she didn't know what to do. There was so much going on in her head that shestruggled to think properly. 

But then it happened...The one defying feature that made her choose her choice without any regret. And it all came down to the fact, that despite giving her the cold shoulder and delivering words that claimed he didn't wantanything to do with her, (Y/n) was still the only one to ever call her special. (Y/n) was the only one to comfort her when she struggled with the first day of school. (Y/n) was the only one that had not run away when that giant robot was facing down at her. He was always there... So now it was her time to be there for him. 

Iida: "So what will it be, Uraraka? You ready to return to normal and be friends with me?" 

Iida's words were accompanied by a smile underneath his helmet. In front of him, Uraraka's head was facing the ground when she finally spoke. 

Uraraka: "You know what, Iida? Maybe you're right." 

Iida: [Sighs] "Thank goodness. She returning to normal." 

Uraraka: "Maybe (Y/n) isn't in the search for a friend. But, you know what I've got to say to that... Ya big nerd?" 

Slowly her head raised just as Iida's smile dropped. 

Uraraka: "I say forget that! Because I'll punch (Y/n) if I have to, to become his friend! Heck! I'll punch you too if you don't get out of my way from getting that weapon! YA BIG NERD!!!" 

It was with that final cry that Uraraka launched forward. Jumping into the air she pulled her fist back, ready to send it flying as Iida was left momentarily unable to move from the shock coursing through his system. The smirk on Uraraka's face only continued to grow as gravity played its part and brought her flying toward the ground. The closer she neared, the more energy she put into her fist until finally... She let it go. A fierce cry left her mouth, roaring into the air as her fist cut through the wind and finally collided with Iida's chest...To only do nothing. 

Uraraka: "Huh?" 

The shocked face of the young girl said it all. Her punch did nothing. Despite  dawning the personality of Bakugo, it seemed that it took more than just yelling to prove a warranted fighter in hand-to-hand combat. Even so, that didn't stop Uraraka from lightly punching Iida's metal-plated chest piece as she stood in front of him. 

Uraraka: "Come on. Come on. Come on." 

She repeated, as she did so, the sound of metal ringing off metal filled the air. Her attacks were doing nothing, and when Uraraka came to realize such, she slowly pulled her fist away entirely and allowed her frightened gaze to look up to meet the narrowed response of Iida. It was now clear that whereas Uraraka dawned the personality of Bakugo, Iida decided to take a similar approach and see himself as a villain, all so he could pass this test to become a hero. And it all came into place with a narrowed glare that quickly causedUraraka to regret her sudden attack. 

Iida: "Boo!"

Uraraka: "Ah!" 

Without hesitation the young girl spun around and raced off, Iida being sure to follow from behind. But in classic villain cliches, he didn't run. Instead, he simply walked about as Uraraka dashed left and right looking for any object that her quirk would be able to use. But no matter where she looked, there was no sign of any crates or barrels anywhere. But that was for one particular reason. 

Iida: "Looking for something to use your Quirk on, huh? Well, you're wasting your time, Uraraka. There'll be nothing around here." 

Uraraka: "W-What?" 

Coming to a stop the now reverted back to normal Uraraka simply turned around and stood there, facing off with Iida who wickedly grinned underneath his helmet as any villain would. Another thing any villain would do, he explained his plan as well.

Iida: "I knew that you would come here alone the instant Kaito rushed off. Icalculated that he'd be interested in (Y/n)and only (Y/n), leaving you to face off with me. And your Quirk makes objects you touch float. That is why I put away all the things on the floor away before you arrived!" 

A glimmer in the ground as Uraraka looked down the ground showcased that Iida had also cleaned the floor by the look of it. Either that or the glimmer was just for added effect. 

Iida: "Now you can't get up to any of your tricks! You have blundered, hero!" 

Uraraka could only look on in fear. Not necessarily because Iida was scary, but the fact she was going to fail (Y/n) yet again. And it sucked! She had tried so hard. Thinking that if she acted like someone who was already (Y/n)'s friend, then she too could become the boy's friend. But right now, it looked like she was just going to show herself as even more of a loser than she did before. That was until... 

"Think again."

The words came in before either Uraraka or Iida could properly process them. But it wasn't long before they got the origin of them. Out of nowhere, a tall shadow began to loom from behind Uraraka. One that caused Iida's gaze to slowly lift, noticing such left Uraraka to do the same. But what they saw left them both shaking in fear. As the haunting sight of (Y/n)'s mask, and body alike, was surrounded by a darkaura. 

The sight, mixed with the words, left Iida unable to move out of fear as Uraraka just dropped her jaw from seeing (Y/n) tower behind her. He really was a whole lot taller when in the suit. In the end, neither one of them could do anything as (Y/n) slowly made his way around Uraraka andpositioned himself in front of her. Blocking Iida off from reaching his teammate.Meanwhile, in the monitor room, cheers erupted once more.

Kaminari: "It's (Y/n)!" 

Hagakure: "He's so cool!" 

Sero: "I wish I had a suit that awesome!" 

Kirishima: "Iida is so screwed!" 

Bakugo: "Come on, (Y/n)! Kick that nerds face in!" 

The abrupt statement immediately got everyone in the class to turn Bakugo's way. The blonde just stared at them for a moment before realizing it. 

Bakugo: "I mean... Kick that nerds face in... a heroic manner?"

That just sounded lame to Bakugo, but he honestly didn't care as everyone's focus, including his own, was quickly sent back to the screens before them. Back in theweapons room, (Y/n) looked over his shoulder as Uraraka once more. 

(Y/n): "I'll hold him off. When you get a chance, run for the weapon. I'll make sure Iida doesn't get close." 

For a moment more Uraraka's shock remained, until suddenly dropping, a determined look quickly claiming her face as she nodded. With as much set in stone the pairing of (Y/n) and Uraraka stoodside by side as Iida faced off with them. 

Iida: [Through earpiece] "Um... Kaito?Where exactly are you? Both (Y/n) and Uraraka are here."

(Y/n): "Save your breath, Iida. Your partner has been taken care of." 

Iida: "W-What? You took him out that quickly? How?!" 

(Y/n): [Smirks] "What can I say? He made himself an easy target." [Turns to Uraraka] "Ready?" 

Uraraka: "Ready!" 

Iida: "I-I'm not ready!"

Uraraka: [Smirks] "To bad... Ya nerd." 

That was all that was said before theheroes took off! A single flinch was all Iida needed to see to do the same. His first goal was to take out Uraraka, who dashed tothe side, but before he could reach her, his arm was grabbed by (Y/n). 

(Y/n): "I don't think so." 

A sudden force of strength was into put into Iida's arm as (Y/n) tightened his grip, enough that he was able to pick the boy up and sling him to the side, making the distance between himself and Uraraka even further. Digging his feet into the ground Iida was able to stop himself from getting pushed back any further. But before he could properly gather his surroundings, a shadow covered his gaze. 

Immediately looking up Iida was delivered the sight all villains would come to fear. (Y/n), flying through the air, coming his way. Stationed in a squat-like positon with his hands open, sparks of green chaotic energy spawned at his fingertips. Iida was only given a brief second to dodge the attack. Managing to dash to the side as (Y/n)'s fist collided with the ground, creating a crater about the same size as someone's head. Something Iida immediately noticed. 

But (Y/n) wasn't just going to let him get away that easily. Left and right, multiple jabs cut through the air, all aiming for Iida's head. It was only thanks to his immense speed that he dodged the first few strikes. But on the next drawback of his fist, (Y/n) activated All For One, causing red streaks of energy to run through his arm-like veins. The circuit continued until finally reached his gloved hand, which molded into a fist seconds before striking Iida in the chest. 

A loud boom echoed as Iida's body crashed a quarter way through one of the stone pillars that stood in the room. The sound was enough of an alert for Uraraka to twist her head to see the sight. A joyous laugh echoed from the young girl's mouth as she turned around to face the weapon. Despite her sight shifting left and right with each step she took as she ran toward the prize, she was definitely drawing near. Something a groan Iida noticed as well. 

Iida: [Thoughts] "No! At this rate, she's going to reach the weapon before I can stop her." 

Turning back to in front of him, the clawed hands of (Y/n) slowly reached out as he neared Iida's position. 

Iida: [Thoughts] "And with (Y/n) blocking my direct path, there's no way I'll be able to get passed him and stop Uraraka in time. Unless..." 

And just like that, a sudden idea came to mind. But it'd have to be timed just right. So, Iida waited for (Y/n) to draw closer. The young boy lowering his head as he reached out for the villain, but it was when (Y/n)'s face was in just the right position that Iida lifted his feet, igniting theexhausts on his heels which caused a blastof fire to blast out right in (Y/n)'s face.

The sudden attack was something (Y/n)didn't expect, causing the hero to immediately block his face and step backward as he attempted to put out the flames on his mask. With this, Iida quickly jumped to his feet and faced off in the direction of Uraraka. The girl's smile only continued to grow as twenty meters was all that was left between her and winning.That was when out of nowhere Iidascreamed her name. 

Iida: "Uraraka!" 

Uraraka: "Huh?" 

On instinct, Uraraka turned around, as she did so, her smile immediately dropped when she saw Iida was speeding toward her with his arms open to tackle her. There was nothing she could do other than run faster. But as was shown on the screens in the monitor room, Iida was quickly approaching from behind. Soon enough, he reached Uraraka before she couldretrieve the weapon. 

There was only one thing Uraraka could do. So, as Iida grew closer, to the point he was inches away from grabbing her, Uraraka wasted no time in wrapping her fingers of both hands together. A pink glow immediately resonated from her palm, but the most impressive thing of it all was the fact just as Iida was about to grab her, Uraraka's body suddenly floated into the air. High above Iida, leaving the boy unable to touch her. 

Iida: "She can make herself float now, too?" 

But Iida was so in shock of such a thing that he failed to notice where he was going. So much so that when he redirected his gaze onto where he was running, Iida was left with nothing but to open his eyes as wide as possible as he slammed straight into the weapon. The strike was hard and firm, leaving Iida unable to comprehend exactly which direction he was facing. However, it wouldn't matter for much longer as his gaze eventually came to a halt only to come face to face with the scorched mask of (Y/n)'s suit.

It was still intact, but the noticeable burn mark over the right side of the mask was ever present. Either way, (Y/n) soon got his revenge as with no hesitation whatsoever a powerful right hook was delivered from the hero, smashing Iida's in the side of his helmet, before sending him flying through the air once more. This time, he crashed into the corner of the room where all the crates and barrels he had previously stashed away were located. The loud bang of the impact flooded the air as Uraraka slowly landed on the ground. 

Uraraka: "Did... Did we do it?" 

Turning around, Uraraka's gaze fell upon (Y/n)'s own. The small girl immediately jolted up when she saw the scorch mark across the mask. Somehow, it made it even scarier. 

Uraraka: "Ugh!" 

(Y/n): "Huh? Oh!"

Realizing what was the cause of the sudden expression from his teammate (Y/n)quickly removed the mask and had a look himself. It'd take a bit to fix it, but it thankfully wasn't damaged. 

(Y/n): "I guess I shouldn't have expected to come out of this completely unscathed, huh?" 

Uraraka: "Um... Yeah. I-I guess so." 

The awkwardness of it all was still ever present with Uraraka, something (Y/n) clearly picked up on, if his following sentence and return of his mask over his head was anything to go by. A few seconds of silence passed before the dark voice of the male eventually returned. 

(Y/n): "...Anyway, you wanna touch that thing so we can get out of here already?" 

Uraraka: "H-Huh? Oh, right!" 

Realizing the job was not yet done, Uraraka quickly returns her focus to the weapon that was placed behind her. All it would take was one touch of the oversized nuclear weapon made of paper mache and the exam would be over...So when did she stop her hand inches from the desired goal? 

At first, Uraraka didn't even know she had done such. Her body had made an unconscious decision for such. However, as the seconds picked up, her thoughts were directed on one topic. Her mind questioned this topic over and over againinside of her head when finally the voice of(Y/n) sounded from behind. 

(Y/n): "Uraraka? Is everything alright?" 

Was everything alright? Uraraka wasn't sure as she still struggled to overcome her thoughts. The question from (Y/n) remained in her head momentarily before finally she turned her head. Not all the way so she was looking at (Y/n). But just enough that the outskirts of the side of her face could be seen. Once (Y/n)'s eyes landed on what of the face of Uraraka his eyes captured, the young girl replied. 

Uraraka: "Why don't you want to be my friend, (Y/n)?" 

(Y/n): "What?" 

That was definitely not a question he expected. Let alone for it to be repeated. This time, Uraraka made sure to say after completely turning around to face her partner. 

Uraraka: "Why don't you want to be my friend? Did I do something wrong?" 

(Y/n): "U-Uraraka, look. I don't know what you're going on about. Can you just touch that weapon so we--" 

Uraraka: "No. Not until I find out why you're so reserved on becoming friends with me!" 

If the shock of the first question was enough to register underneath the mask upon hearing it, this time around, it was the confusion of disbelief that such a topic was being brought up at a time like this. Yet Uraraka seemed determined to find her answer. 

Uraraka: "I have tried so hard to make you like me, (Y/n). I've tried so hard that I haven't done anything like this before. Honestly, I don't entirely understand why I'm even doing this. Yet, I am. And you keep acting like you want nothing to do with me...Then again, you did say asmuch." 

A certain distaste was present in Uraraka's words as she said that last statement. One which (Y/n) felt straight in the gut. 

(Y/n): "Okay, look... I shouldn't have said something like that. I'm sorry. But, Uraraka, you've got to understand that sometimes people don't want help, let alone friends." 

Uraraka: "But Bakugo's your friend!"

(Y/n): "Y-Yes. But that's different. It's just--" 

Uraraka: "But how is it different? Is itbecause he's a boy?" 

(Y/n): "No. It's just--" 

Uraraka: "It's just what? I've doneeverything I could to make you like me. I tried to be nice. I wanted to do my best in this exam to show you the same kindness you showed me. Yet all I get is you yelling at me!" 

(Y/n): "Uraraka, please, just stop, alright? Just... Touch that weapon so we--"

Uraraka: "No! I'm not doing anything until you tell me why you don't want to be my friend! Why you act the way you do! And why you yelled at me when I called you a hero!" 

And, just like most times, it was the final statement that set (Y/n) off. But not in the way some may think. He did not snap. He did not yell, despite it seeming likesomething he wanted to do. But he didn't. Instead, he kept the anger inside and clenched his fist. Tight enough that the sound could be heard by Uraraka.When she noticed such, she knew that she had struck a cord again. Even more so when (Y/n)'s head suddenly lifted. And with the haunting mask still covering his face, the wave of unintentional fear she got following this was enough to makeUraraka question what she had donewrong. 

(Y/n): "You know what? Fine! You don't want to get this thing over with? I'll do it myself! Now, get out of the way." 

It seemed like a choice not many people would find a hard decision in. (Y/n) was definitely frightening when the suit was on, leaving not much doubt to be left over. Yet, Uraraka didn't move.

Uraraka: "N-No. Not until you tell me why you hate me." 

(Y/n): "Hate you? I--Uraraka, I don't hate you." 

Uraraka: "You do! You must! Why else would you not want to be my friend?" 

(Y/n): "Be your friend? Be your friend? That's seriously what this is really about? Not wanting to be your friend?! Uraraka, not wanting to be your friend--" 

"DEKU!" 

That one word was all the warning both (Y/n) and Uraraka got to realizing they were no longer alone. As soon as he heard the familiar voice (Y/n) twisted his head, but in doing so, he was immediately greeted by a flaming fist cutting through the air to collide with the side of his face. A wayward groan was all that came from (Y/n)'s mouth as he sent off his feet and flying through the air. His body smashing into a pillar seconds later as he had done to Iida just earlier. 

But as (Y/n) struggled with regaining his composure, Uraraka was left to shift her gaze in the direction the punch came from. There, a puffing and huffing Kaito stood. His tattered and torn suit covered his body as smoke rose from his fist. But the thing Uraraka noticed straight away was the beyond-angry look that spawned across the young boy's face. And it was all focused on (Y/n), who slowly lifted himself from the rubble to regain his stance. 

Kaito: "Deku... Deku... Deku..." 

The repeated word was one (Y/n) hated beyond belief. Yet, Kaito continued to repeat it until finally, he snapped. 

Kaito: "You thought you had me, Deku! You can't beat me! You're nothing to me! You're no rival!" 

Screaming from the top of his lungs Kaito launched off his feet, igniting the flames on his hands to boost his take-off. The bully was moving so fast that (Y/n) wasn't even able to notice when another foray of punches came his way. Left and right. Strike after strike. Each punch collided with his body causing (Y/n) to stumble backward. 

Kaito: "You're nothing! You're nothing! You're nothing! You're nothing!" 

(Y/n) desperately searched for an opening. But the attacks were coming at a speed that he couldn't contemplate what was going to happen next. It left him open. It left him... Vulnerable. It was easily noticed by not only a shocked Uraraka, but the rest of Class 1-A watching on alongside All Might, that (Y/n), for once, seemed to be at the mercy of Kaito. And the childhood bully was not holding back. When he grew tired of sending relentless punches (Y/n)'s way, he quickly grabbed the shoulders of his rival and bent him forward.

A powerful knee to the gut following seconds later. Before (Y/n) could catch his breath, however, Kaito was back at it again. Apowerful uppercut, fueled by the flames running along his upper arm now, boosted his attack beyond the lengths (Y/n) had ever seen before. The strike was so quick and powerful that (Y/n) wasn't just lifted into the air. He was thrown into it. If the roof wasn't in the way some began to question whether or not the uppercut would have sent him into orbit, or at least close. 

But the roof was in the way, a powerful bang rupturing through the air as (Y/n)'s body slammed into the concrete before instantly being brought back down.He could barely keep his eyes open as the powerful breeze brushed against his face. The sight of Kaito repping for another attack the last thing (Y/n) saw before his eyes finally sealed shut. But when they opened again seconds later, (Y/n) did not find himself falling to the ground. 

But rising from his bed. The dark interior was instantly greeted by the male, as a dark room laid the groundwork for the world around him. But (Y/n) was immediately put on alert when he realized this was not his room. Well, not entirely. The room he had called his own for the last 11 years was not the one he currently found himself in. Instead, it was the bedroom he once shared with his younger brother. Long ago....Before all the nightmares first happened. 

"STOP! OR I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!" 

As soon as the voice sounded (Y/n)'s eyes snapped to the side in the direction it came from. Within seconds (Y/n) was out of his bed and dashing toward the door. The wooden object opened seconds later only to confirm to (Y/n) that he was indeed back in the place it had all started. The walkway of the second floor was still the same, the railing facing his bedroom door, the place he stood 11 years ago to witness the horror of it all was in the same place. In fact, a single look down the hallway was all it took for (Y/n) to see that his very self, his younger self, was in the exact position he was all those years ago. 

Was this a dream? A nightmare? Why was he seeing this now? Why would anyone put him through such horror? He didn't know the answer, nor did he search for it. Instead, as countless thoughts ran through his mind, (Y/n) slowly walked down the hall to join his younger self. It was definitely odd looking at oneself from a different perspective, yet, as (Y/n) came to a stop beside himself, the younger (Y/n) seemed not to notice the future standing beside him. Either that, or he was far too focused on the horrors that were taking place downstairs. 

The sight of Izuku standing off with the monster, a sight (Y/n) had seen every time he closed his eyes, was now right before him.It was in this moment that (Y/n) didn't know what to do. Did he just stay there and watch? Or should he intervene? Could he? He didn't know. In the end, he wondered, should he even do it? Even if he could change events this way, should he? Did he finally deserve peace after all these years? Or was this just a form of eternal damnation that he was placed through for all the failures he had accomplished in life. 

Again, he didn't know. But what he did know, seeing the sight of your youngerbrother standing in defense of his beaten Mother was definitely not an easy sight tosee, even when one's self had delt with the image for years now. 

"It hurts to see, doesn't it?" 

And just like that, a voice made itself known. But it didn't take long for (Y/n) to realize who it came from, as he lowered his head, to see his younger self looking right up at him. 

"This was our moment to step in and save the day. But we didn't." 

(Y/n): "You're saying it like I don't know that already." 

Was he really talking to his younger self right now? This was weird, right? Definitely weird. Yet, (Y/n) didn't seem to mind such as he continued to watch the horror before him.

"Izuku always did want to be a hero. I guess he got his wish in the end." 

(Y/n): "It doesn't matter. He shouldn't be the one down there. It should have been me." 

"Why?" 

The question was definitely unexpected. So much so that (Y/n) quickly dropped his gaze down to his younger doubleganger. 

(Y/n): "What do you mean, why?" 

"Why should it have been you down there? Why are you saying that? Because you feel it is your responsibility as his older brother. Or because Dad said that before he died?" 

The words hit (Y/n)'s soul hard, and fast. So much so that he momentarily forgot that it was a younger version of himself speaking. Instantly he grabbed the young boy by the crop of his shirt and lifted him into the air so their faces were level.

(Y/n): "What does it matter? It doesn't! Izuku shouldn't have been the one to die that night! It should have been me!" 

"You know... I understand you're not so much into the 'hero' thing. But picking a kid up like this isn't even good for whatever side your swinging on." 

(Y/n): "What?" 

"It doesn't matter. What does matter is the reason you are here." 

(Y/n): "What's that supposed to mean? Here? This is nothing but a dream, a nightmare, something to make me suffer more than I already had." 

"Is it really?" 

Is it really? Of course, it was! Everything in his life was there to remind him of his mistakes, to make him suffer. This was no difference. It was this one moment that reminded him of his mistakes. Which stopped him from being the person he could have become. That stopped him from trying to make friends. It stoppedhim from living a life taken from him. That was it, right? 

"Every time something bad happens in your life (Y/n). Actually, no, scratch that. Every time something in general happens, you draw your mind back to this moment. You think over this moment as if reminding yourself, no, commanding yourself to not be happy. To claim you don't deserve anything before of this one night. So, for once, maybe you should stop seeing it like that and wonder why you're really here? Maybe you're here so you can finally let this moment go?" 

(Y/n): "Let it go?" 

The words came from his mouth before he even realized it. It was such a strange phrase to say, as if hearing such words come from his very self wasn't weird enough. Yet, he thought over what was said, his mind racing at a hundred miles an hour before his gaze slowly lifted to the scene downstairs. 

"You've replayed this moment in your head every day of your life. You use it as a reminder to stake claim to the sorrow you feel, you use it as an excuse to be cold and unjust to the world. So I'll say it again.For once, maybe you should stop seeing this like that, and move on. Move on from this night. And don't let it hold youback..." 

A few moments of silence passed as (Y/n) looked into the eyes of his young self before eventually he placed him back on the room. Instantly following this (Y/n) walked around and slowly made his way toward the stairwell. His fingertips touching the wooden railing that ran along the side. It felt so real. So real in fact that (Y/n) once more questioned whether this was real or not? In the end, he didn't care. 

Soon enough his feet reached the floor, his gaze instantly being drawn back to the scene before him. Izuku, standing in between their injured mother and the monster who caused it. Never before had (Y/n) been close to the moment. In the past, (Y/n) had only seen tears in his brother's eyes as he faced off with the man before him. But now, as (Y/n) stoodmeters away, he realized that his brother wasn't scared. He wasn't afraid of the pain that could come before him. 

He was brave. He was strong. He stood like a hero. His mother's hero. In the end, Izuku did live his dream. He was a hero. But not only to his mother but to his brother as well. Being so close to the scene was enough that (Y/n) eventually dropped to his knees, tears running down his cheeks as he saw all the chaos and turmoil before him. Such a moment had scared him for life. Yet, here he was, livingthrough it all over again. 

"Izuku never would have wanted you to feel like you couldn't live your life because of him. He did this moment not because you didn't act. But because he was being what he always saw you as... A hero."

The younger self of (Y/n) now stood behind him. But (Y/n) did not reflect his gaze from his little brother, even though the words broke his very soul. 

"But it's like that with every family. The youngest will always see their older sibling as a hero. Someone to look up to. Someone to aspire to be. Izuku did the exact same for you. You were his hero, (Y/n). Whether you think you deserve that title or not, it doesn't matter. Because to Izuku, and to Uraraka, you are a hero. And let me tell you one thing... People hate seeing their heroes losing." 

Whether it was by chance, or a strange work of this weird place, (Y/n)'s mind was immediately reverted back to the fight with Kaito. His body getting punched around by the bully like he was nothing but a rag doll. He had gone through so much, yet he was letting himself lose to a loser like Kaito. That's not what Izuku would have wanted. But for once, (Y/n) didn't just think about his brother, he thought about himself as well. It wasn't what Izuku had wanted, yes. But it was something he didn't want as well. 

It was that sudden acceptance of his own wants that (Y/n) suddenly launched to his feet. A determined look in his eyes as he realized what needed to be done. He wasn't going to get pushed around anymore. He wasn't going to let this moment from his childhood claim his life. It was his life to live, and sure, he made mistakes, and he'll make more. But he was going to live his life because in the end that's what he fucking wanted. Another thing he wanted... Was to punch the fucking smirk of this monster's face. 

(Y/n): "AARRGGHH!!!" 

As the roar grew, (Y/n)'s voice shifted to the darker tone of his suit. His fist, as it flashed through the air, shifted in and out of reality. At one moment, he was back in the real world, falling toward the ground, the next, he was back in the memory. His bare hand headed straight for the face of the man who hurt his mother and killed his brother. In the end, both momentsunited into one.

(Y/n)'s gloved hand sparked with green chaotic energy as he was flung to the ground. Kaito's eyes widened in shock before suddenly a loud explosion rocketed the top floor of the villain's hideout. The impact was sudden and without warning. A storm of dust and rubble bursting in every direction, leaving Uraraka to cover her face as a grumbling Iida remained buried by crates. Meanwhile, in the monitor room, everyone was in shock.

Sero: "What the hell just happened?!" 

Sato: "There's no way (Y/n) did that!" 

Ashido: "Is he okay? Is he okay?!"

Kirishima: "Shit just got real!" 

All Might: "Language!" 

Kirishima: "Uh, right. S-Sorry, All Might." 

Kirishima nervously scratched the back of his head. Yet, even All Might was shocked at what just happened. 

All Might: [Thoughts] "Despite Young Kirishima's use of words... He's right." 

Bakugo: "Ha! You're all acting surprised. I'm not. I knew (Y/n) was going to kick Kaito's sorry excuse for a person's butt." 

Yaoyorozu: "I would suggest holding off on stating who has won yet, Bakugo. The exam is not yet over." 

Bakugo: "Pfft. Please! It's over. You just focus on what you're going to wear when my boy gets back. Because, trust me, after how cool this is about to get. There'll be a big line of girls wanting to get with him." 

Such a statement only left Yaoyorozu with a blank expression as she abruptly turned to Bakugo. But as for the scruffy blonde, and everyone else for that matter, his gaze was glued to the screens, where the dust storm could slowly be seen separating apart. With the parting ways of all the smoke, Uraraka finally grew confident in opening her eyes to see the leftovers of the carnage that just took place. 

At first, she couldn't see much. That was until a noticeable figure started approaching from within the very center of the storm. In the beginning, it was hard to say who it was that had come out on top, after all, both (Y/n) and Kaito had strikes prepared for once they finally reached each other. Nevertheless, it only left Uraraka to eagerly await.

 If it was (Y/n), they had won the exam.If it was Kaito, they had lost. Because if (Y/n) was out of action, then there was no way Uraraka could defeat Kaito on her own. So, with anticipation claiming her breath, Uraraka watched eagerly as the figure grew closer and closer, until finally, from the shadows... stepped out Kaito. A completely drained and emotionless face was on display from the young boy. 

Kaito: "I...I...I did it."

The words sounded foreign like he wasn't expecting them, yet his mouth still spoke them out. But the more they filled the air, the more a smile began to resonate on his dried mouth. 

Kaito: "I did it. I...I did it? I did it. Ha...Ha! Ha!...Ha! Ha! Ha! I-I did it! I actually fucking did--" 

But just as Kaito was about to speak his final word, the students watching in the monitor room noticed something fastly beginning to form from behind Kaito. Uraraka wasn't far behind to see atowering shadow slowly rise to their feet from the storm of dust behind the bully. At first, no one knew what it was. That was until, from the abyss, cutting through the smoke, a white-gloved hand with clawed fingertips. It was the glove of (Y/n)'s suit. 

But... But this time, something was different. The fingertips seemed more defined, more extended, more... monstrous. And sparks of green, red, and black energy zapped around the hand as it reached from the shadows and landed on Kaito's shoulder.All it took was one touch for the smile that previously reigned supreme on the teenager's face to suddenly drop. And it continued to grow lower and lower until a frightened frown found its place instead. 

One that only continued to make way across Kaito's face as he spun around to see what had taken hold of his shoulder. But turning around soon became a choice Kaito began to regret immensely. But not out of anything you may think. Heregretted it out of fear. Fear that sparked to life further as the being that had taken hold of his shoulder slowly began to come more clearer as all the dust from the explosion disappeared. Finally, the monster was revealed.

The being was still (Y/n), as much was confirmed by the sight of the creature. But even so, it did not take much to notice the differences. For one, this being towered over Kaito, even more than it did before. The strings of green and black chaotic energy that hung off his back like a torn cape flung about like they each had a life of their own. It was like what was once a suit had now become the very part of (Y/n) that was hidden deep inside. Was this the true ability of the suit when accessed by (Y/n)'s Nightmare Quirk? 

Or was this really the person (Y/n) was... A monster? ...No. He wasn't a monster. Well, not the type one may think. He wasn't out to hurt those who didn't deserve it. But to villains. To criminals. To Kaito. He would be a monster. One condemned by darkness and anger. All such things that would be placed onto those who unfortunately came across his path. And for Kaito, he was in (Y/n)'s path. But this time, the was even more of an easy target than he wasoriginally. Because now, (Y/n) didn't need to hold back. 

Kaito: "Uh...Uh... Um, (Y-Y/n)..." 

(Y/n): "Kaito!" 

A right hook came at speeds Kaito was not expected. His body flying through the air and heading straight for the weapon. Unfortunately, Uraraka was standing right between the flying bully and the weapon. Noticing such, Uraraka quickly jumped out of the way. Seconds before Kaito came smashing through the paper mache weapon. His body then collided with the wall on the other side. But he was not unconscious he wasn't that lucky. 

Kaito: "Argh~ My head..." 

Rubbing his head Kaito slowly opened his eyes, but as soon as he did, a scene only out of a nightmare could be seen. The monstrous figure of (Y/n) stalked his way toward Kaito, green and red zaps of energy pulsing around his body. But what was really scary was the fact that with each step (Y/n) took, one of the lights hanging from the roof above began to spasm out, until it shut off completely. This patterned continued as (Y/n) neared the frightened bully. 

(Y/n): "Tell me, Kaito... Are you afraid right now?"

The voice that came from (Y/n)'s mouth was no longer his own. At least, that's what it appeared like. The voice was much deeper, yet it was filled with a wicked sense of joy, like how a maniacal clown from a comic book would speak like... But with more sanity. 

Kaito: "Scared? S-Scared of you? W-Why would I be scared of a loser like you?" 

Despite claiming not to be scared, Kaito's face told other as he shook his body about to his feet. 

(Y/n): "You're quivering, Kaito. Your body is shaking. You're afraid~" 

A sinister laughter followed (Y/n)'s words. As it happened, to the side, Uraraka crouched down and hugged her knees. Even though she was not in the path of (Y/n), she was still afraid of what she was seeing. So much so she held herself tighter and sealed her eyes shut. It was at this moment that the majority of the lights went off. Now, the only ones that remained were right above Kaito. But with that being the case, that only meant ten meters was all that separated him from (Y/n). Ever the thought, Kaito once more ignited a set of flames in his hands.

Kaito: "S-Stay back! Stay fucking back, Deku! Or else... Or else..." [Grins] "...Or else I'll do to you, what that guy did to your pathetic brother." 

The grin on his face was enough to tell that Kaito thought what he had just said was smart. But it really wasn't. He thought as much would bring about the return of the (Y/n) he knew, and get rid of this terrifying monster. Yet, to Kaito's surprise, all (Y/n) did was tilt his monstrous head andfocused his gaze on the fires in Kaito's hands. 

(Y/n): "You think light will save you from the darkness? If that's the case, you are far from being right. You see, light is a false hope. Nothing can stop the darkness, and in the end, all you can do... Is join it." 

It was with those final three words that the lights above Kaito went out. All that remained for a source of light was theflames perched in Kaito's hands. But not long after...They went out as well. Kaito didn't know why, or how that waspossible? Could it be his fear getting the better of him? No. He wasn't afraid. Not of Deku, not of anything. Well, whether that was true or not would soon be tested. 

For as the darkness took over the room, leaving Uraraka and Iida unable to see, and the people viewing from the monitor room to question what was going on. The only one that had a certainty about him, was Kaito. And before long his screams were the only things to flood the air as the exam came to an end, and thenightmares... were extinguished. Once andfor all. 

****** 

A short while later, once everything was over and done with, an unmasked (Y/n) and Uraraka walked in silence as they headed for the monitor room where the others were located. Not a single word had been spoken, leaving the pair to their own thoughts. Normally this would be something (Y/n) was okay with. But foronce,he didn't let his fears hold him back, he did what he wanted to. And that was talk to Uraraka. 

(Y/n): "I'm, uh... I'm sorry if I scared you back there. I-I really didn't mean to. It was kinda just meant for Kaito." 

Uraraka: "Huh? O-Oh. Uh, that's fine. Iwasn't really scared." 

That was a lie, she was terrified. 

(Y/n): [Chuckles lightly] "That's good... That's good." 

A brief period of silence returned. (Y/n) unable to speak the words he wanted to say, as Uraraka kept her head low to the ground. He knew he had upset the girl, and treated her in a way he shouldn't have. He wanted to apologize. He just didn't know how. That's when he decided to take a tip from Bakugo, and decided to just fuck it. And it all came about by suddenlytaking a hold of Uraraka's wrist and bringing the girl to a stop. Once she was, (Y/n) spun her around until the two ofthem were looking at each other. That was when he finally said what he had wanted to say for a while now. 

(Y/n): "Uraraka. I'm sorry for what I said to you. Those things I said were not called for. I shouldn't have yelled at you. And... And I'm sorry I made you think that I didn't want to be your friend." 

Uraraka: "O-Oh? Um... Uh, t-that's okay. I-I understand if you don't want to be my friend." [Chuckles softly] "It was kinda stupid that I'd think someone like you would...would want to be friends with me."

It was in that moment, as Uraraka dropped her head, that (Y/n) was instantly reminded of himself, sitting at that bench at school, watching as all the other kids played. Back then, all he wanted was a friend. And, without thinking, he had put Uraraka through the same situation. One that he hated, and he was sure she hatedtoo.

(Y/n): "No. You're wrong. You weren't stupid to think that. In fact, I was stupid because I didn't realize I had such a nice person trying their best to make me see them as a friend." 

Uraraka: "Y-You...W-What... You..." 

(Y/n): [Sighs] "When I was younger, I didn't have many friends. All I wanted was to have them, and yet, everyone pushed me away." [Looks at Uraraka] "It wasn't until now that I realized I was putting you in the same situation. A situation I hated. And I am so sorry that I did that to you." 

Uraraka: "Y-You...You don't have t-to besorry. R-Really, it's my--"

(Y/n): "No. I do have to be sorry. I do have to apologise to you. But not just for that..."

What did he mean? What else did he want to apologize about? Honestly, Uraraka had no clue as all of what was currently going on was something she didn't expect at all. Her attention was only focused back onto (Y/n) when she lifted her gaze to see the young boy was looking down at his hands. His fingers playing with one another. Clearly a heavy topic was on his mind. But, boy, she never thought it'd be quite the topic when (Y/n) finally returned his gaze to her. 

(Y/n): "...When I was younger, I watched my little brother die before me. He died from a man who supposedly loved my Mom. She got with him a few years after my Dad died. Before he died, he told me I was to be the man of the house, to protect my family. But when the time came, Ididn't. All I could do was just stand there and watch as this monster abused my mother. But Izuku, he was different. All his life, he wanted to be a hero. So, when the time came for a hero to be there, he didn't hesitate. He had no fear as he rushed down to protect my Mom, even though it would mean his death..." 

There... were no words. No thoughts. No nothing that Uraraka could muster as she stared up in complete shock and horror at (Y/n). Who seemed to be struggling to hold back tears. Tears that eventually began to build up in his eyes. 

(Y/n): "That's why I got angry when you called me a hero. Because I knew I could never be that. I could never be a hero because when the time mattered, I wasn't able to be one. But now I realize I can't live my life out of that one moment. I need to move on. And I need to do so by first apologizing to--" 

Before he could even finish speaking out of nowhere Uraraka launched forward. Her arms stretched out as she pulled (Y/n) into a hug. At first, (Y/n) didn't know what had happened. But when he looked down to see a crop of brown hair directly in his face, he realized what was going on. 

Uraraka: "(Y/n), I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I-I can't imagine what I would do if something like that happened to me. I wouldn't nearly be as strong as you. But..." [Slowly looks up at you] "But I want you to know, whether you want to be my friend or not, I will always be there to help you. In anything. No matter what." 

No matter what. Those three particular words were the ones to stand out most of all. It was as (Y/n) thought over them that a sudden thump in his heart came to life. It was also at that time that he realized Uraraka had her body pressed against him. And when one's costume was skintight like her own, that meant certain things were definitely pressing themselves up against another body. Immediately (Y/n) pulled back from the hug, a nervous blushcrossing his face, as he chuckled slightly. 

(Y/n): "Uh, uh... Yeah. T-Totally." [Chuckles] "Um. Same. S-Same..."

Uraraka could only raise an eyebrow asshe eyed (Y/n)'s new demeanour.

Uraraka: "Is everything okay?"

(Y/n): "Um. Yeah. Definitely. Definitely. Just, uh, I-I'm starting to get a bit hungry after all that action, you know? Hehe..."

Uraraka: "Oh? Uh, yeah, I guess you're right..." [Twiddles fingers together] "...I guess I'll leave you to that, huh?" 

She said with a soft smile as she avoided eye contact. It was at that moment, that (Y/n) said a group of words Uraraka never once imagined would come from him. 

(Y/n): "Would... Would you want to get something to eat with me?" 

Uraraka: "H-Huh?" 

The words were such a surprise that Uraraka could barely hold back the shock on her face. Something (Y/n) saw and took as the complete opposite. 

(Y/n): "I-I mean! Y-You don't have to if you don't want. I-I was just asking if, maybe, I-I don't..." [Sighs and groans] "Man, I'm stupid talking to girls." [Shakes head] "Look! I'm sorry, I was an idiot, if you like to grab some lunch with me that'd be great. I'd love that."

Uraraka: "You...You would?" 

(Y/n): [Sighs] "...Yeah." 

Only a few seconds of silence passedbefore Uraraka was unable to contain her joy. A large smile quickly forming on her face as she started jumping up and down. 

Uraraka: "Yes! I knew it! I knew we'd get to this point! Aw, yeah!" 

(Y/n): [Chuckles] "You really excited for food, huh?" 

Uraraka: "Well, duh! I've been waiting for a moment like this for a while now." 

Hearing such could only make (Y/n) smile more. How could he not? He felt like he finally had peace in his life. At least, somewhat. But, even if he wasn't held back by the nightmare of his brother, it didn't mean his sights on the world had changed. It was a dark place, and there were criminals out there. And sooner or later, their nightmares would come to light. (Y/n)'s Anti-Hero ways were still inprogress. 

But even so, that didn't mean he couldn't live life a little brighter, and he decided to start off by doing something he had wanted in a while. And it all came about by raising a fist toward Uraraka. At first, she didn't know what was going on. The girl eyed the gesture strangely, that was, until she lifted her gaze to meet (Y/n)'s own. A soft smile spread across his face as he looked down at her. The next word he'dsay, was something Uraraka would save forthe rest of her life. 

(Y/n): "What do you say... Friends?"

Uraraka could not believe it. So much so that the excitement soon became too much for her that she repeatedly slammed her fist against (Y/n)'s over and over again as she jumped up and down. 

Uraraka: "Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!" 

That one word continued to spring forth from Uraraka's mouth as she savoured this moment. As for (Y/n), he just smiled and laughed. He finally had something he never thought he would have before. But now, he had it. So, with that, the pair walked off to get something to eat. But not as classmates, but as friends. However, this was not the end of the story. Plenty more was still to come. Adventures and trials. But for one person, they still had a nightmare to deal with. 

Back in the villain's hideout, the lights were back on. Such gave sight to a pair of feet that could be seen slightly sticking out as the owner shook back and forth. The owner, by no surprise, was Kaito. Who sat down hugging his knees. A look of fear coursed his face. But the most noticeable thing of it all was the green glow in the bully's face, one such thing deliver by (Y/n)'s quirk, causing Kaito to see the thing he feared most. 

But what was that thing exactly? Well...Let's find out. A school playground with joyous children shouting could be seen standing under the bright blue sky. They were, of course, playing kingdom. With one person standing tall above the rest. Beside him, the princess. But this person was not one that you may think. For, instead of Kaito, the person standing tall... Was (Y/n). 

(Y/n): "Ha! Ha! Ha! All of you are nothing before me! Well, that's not true. You all are something! But you know who isn't... The royal clown." 

Immediately everyone turned to the side where, lying in a pile of mud after being pushed over, was a young Kaito. He looked on in sadness as (Y/n) and the others all laughed and pointed at him. For this, was Kaito's greatest fear. And for him, right now it was a reality. Because for once, he was nothing... But an easy target.

[What did you guys think?] 

[15-Thousand-DAMN-words! You... are most welcome, lol. But, seriously, I really hope you all did enjoy it. I mean, I started this off thinking I wouldn't be able to get a good chapter out of it. But now, after finishing it, I feel like it was one of the best mainly for character growth and story. With this, however, the first ARC of the book comes to an end. Which means, next time, villains arrive~ Plus, after the action the reader pulled, surely that means a few girls have (Y/n) in their sights. 

I mean, we already know of one, right? So who says how many are still to come?Anyway, that's it from me for now. I hope you enjoyed the work I put in. If you did, feel free to vote and comment, as per usual, and I'll see you all next Friday for another action packed chapter! Though, in saying that, it'll be more like the previous ones. More talking, but still action. Trust me, you'll love it! So, yeah, smash that vote button and I'll see you all next time in another chapter of Anti-Hero!!!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 220 3
Izuku Midoriya, learned at the age of 4 that he was Quirkless, that all Men aren't equal. At that age, his world came crashing down. He was bullied...
629K 15.1K 79
80% of the world is born with quirks but not izuku. He's one of the lucky 20% that has no powers. He lives his life hoping to be a hero but once his...
673K 23.9K 29
~~~completed~~~ "would you like a quirk Midoriya? Well we can help with that" __ "You killed them! You fucking killed them" "It wouldn't have happe...
58.4K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...