This Love~...

Von gracexmoormeier

[UNDERGOING EDITING] luke hughes, your college friend invited you to his draft party the year he was seeing i... Mehr

playlist
hughes fam
anxiety
drafted
pink skies
ellen time
neighbor
hands tied
the archer
move in with me
article
realization
beach day
early birthday
saying goodbye
crash
mini her
haunted
again
hatred
this love
woah
fast forward
bonus chapter: first date
A/N

lake house

4.7K 34 15
Von gracexmoormeier

"i knew you, leaving like a father runnin like water"
—— taylor swift

"deliiiiiii" i heard luke drag out as i answered his call.

"lukeeee."
"my mom wants you to go with us to our lake house in a couple days. we can pick you up and you can ride with us, we're taking two cars. you can ride with me, jack and my mom. my dad and quinn are picking up our friend trevor and meeting some other friends there."
"yeah, i'd love to go! just text me when you'll pick me up cause i need to make sure i'm ready."
"trust me, i know. i'll let you know when we leave the house cause you live like thirty minutes away from us."
"yeah, i know. what have you been up to today?"
"making fun of jack."
"about what?" i laughed.

"he's in denial that he has a big fat crush on you-"
"dude, you're not telling her this are you?"
"oops?" he mumbled.

i just laughed as i heard the boys wrestling behind the phone.

"hey, jack, give me my phone back!" i heard luke shout.

"hey, delilah."
"hey, jack." i laughed at his silly behavior.

"how are you this afternoon?"
"good, good how about you?"
"i'm good too, i heard my mom and luke invited you to our lake house."
"yeah they did, you don't mind it right?"
"no, of course not, i'm happy you're coming."
"good, i wouldn't want to intrude on your family time."
"you wouldn't be, all our friends go too. i think we have about five other friends coming, you guys are all basically family anyway so you'd be anything but intrusive."
"ok." i chuckled.

"jack, open the door." luke yelled banging on jacks bedroom door.

"well, looks like i have to give you back, i'll steal your phone number though and text you."
"ok jack." i laughed.

"bye, delilah."
"bye, jack."

he opened his bedroom door and the phone got snatched from his hand right away.

"jesus christ he's so annoying."
"brothers are always annoying, luke i'm sure he thinks the same about you."
"you aren't being any help, deli."
"that's what best friends are for." i grinned.

"want to call tomorrow while i pack? hopefully motivate you to pack cause i know you always do last minute."
"yeah, sure. i've got nothing better to do."
"ok, great. by any chance do you have ice skates?"
"yeah, i do. why?"
"just wondering. how old are they?"
"a couple years old, i used to figure skate while i cheered but had to quit once school got overbearing."
"oh, cool i didn't know that."
"learn something knew every day."
"i really do."
"why'd you ask?"
"just curious if you knew how to skate. we should go skating together with friends."
"yeah, we should that would be fun."

we talked for a few more minutes before his mom called him and had to hang up.

i went to sleep kind of early so hopefully i can fix my sleep schedule a little before going to the lake house with luke.

fast forward two days and i'm waiting by my apartment entrance with my suitcase next to me.

i watched as ellen's car pulled up next to me and jack got out as he was in the passenger side.

"hey, delilah."
"hey, jack." i smiled and gave him a hug.

"i'll take this. hop in with luke."
"thank you."
"anything for the lady."

i laughed and opened the back door to see luke in the car. i got in and did my handshake with luke.

"hey, dells."
"hey, luke. hi, ellen it's nice to see you again."
"you too, sweetheart. it's great that you're coming along i'll finally have a girl to talk to."
"mom, take it easy on her." jack joked as he got back in the car.

"it's my pleasure, ellen."
"let's hit the road!" luke shouted making everyone groan with his yelling.

we were maybe thirty minutes into the drive and i leaned my head on the window letting my eyes flutter shut from exhaustion.

luke's pov:

i watched as delilah fell asleep about a third of the way to the lake house.

jack and my mom were talking in the front and i was listening to music in my airpods.

i kept seeing jack glance back to delilah through the side mirrors of the car.

"she's asleep."
"when did she go to bed?"
"i don't know. i know she doesn't have a very stable sleep schedule, and she went to bed early a couple days ago, so id assume it was really late."

jack nodded and glanced at her again, before pulling his phone out and scrolling through his feed on social media.

"how'd you and delilah even become friends i think you two are kinda different?"
"we have classes together, and i was friends with her brother first, technically."
"she has a brother?"
"yeah, a twin brother. i think he's older than her."
"does she have any other siblings?"
"i think so. im pretty sure she has a younger sister she's like four, and another older brother but he lives in texas from what i know."
"wow, so they're scattered."
"yeah. her mom and sister live in illinois."
"what about her dad?"
"it's not really my place to talk about it, but i really only know that her parents divorced when she was three ish, she lost all contact with him when she was five."
"oh... wow."
"yeah. she has a douche for a stepdad now but she doesn't really care cause she's older and doesn't have to deal with him."

he sighed and looked back at delilah once more giving her a small sympathetic smile and leaned his head against his window, also falling asleep.

delilah's pov:

i felt someone shaking me awake from my sleep maybe about an hour later.

"we're here, deli. let's go, my dad, quinn and trevor are already here the others should get here soon." luke said.

i nodded and got up hopping out of the car and going to the trunk to get my suitcase. jack got it out and as i reached for it he pulled it away.

"i got it, delilah."
"oh, thanks." i smiled at him.

he smiled back and we walked up together to their lake house. just then is when i noticed how big it was. it was huge, no wonder they had room to fit all these friends in there.

"this place is beautiful."
"it is. we come here every year with friends, they're coming today too."
"i heard. you played hockey with them?"
"yeah. went to school with some too. i've known trevor the longest, he's inside with my dad and quinn."
"gotcha."

we walked inside and immediately jack got pummeled by a guy around his age.

i quickly stepped out of the way and laughed as the two jumped on each other.

they let go and then the guy, i assumed was trevor, turned to me. he wrapped me in a tight hug and lifted me off the ground.

"woah, nice to meet you too." i laughed.

"i've heard so much about you. it's great to finally meet someone that caught this one's eye."
"who's?"
"jack's."
"oh, really?" i smirked at jack who playfully rolled his eyes at me and trevor.

"trevor."
"delilah."
"hey, delilah." i heard and turned around to see quinn standing there.

"hey, quinn, good to see you again."
"you too." he said giving me a side hug.

"here, i'll take your bag and lead you to your room." jack said.

he took my suitcase and walked up the staircase with me following close behind him.

"no one has ever stayed in this room before. my mom was so excited to have a girl sleep in it she made sure everything was perfect."
"aww, she's so sweet."
"i've never seen her so excited as she is to have you over. she's only had boys over in this lake house so i'm sure it gets annoying so she's happy she won't be alone anymore."
"i'll come over for ellen any time."
"only for her? not even me? how rude." i laughed.

"well maybe i can squeeze you in."

we reached the door to the room and he let me open the door. i was greeted with a medium sized room that had white walls and a baby blue accent wall on the back.

there were paintings of jellyfish and turtles that matched the color of the wall well as well as a white bed set that had cute little stuffed animals lining the pillows.

"my mom bought all these stuffed animals for you. i picked this one out cause i personally love turtles." he said picking up a little turtle that was about the size of his hand.

"it's so cute. turtles are my favorite."
"really?"
"yeah. and belugas. im a big ocean person." i chuckled smiling down at the little stuffed animal in my hands.

"good. me too." he smiled at me. "well we're probably going to go out in our boat when the rest of the guys get here, i'll let you unpack and i'll come get you when we head out, yeah?"
"yeah, sounds perfect."

he smiled and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

i sighed and sat down on the bed, getting a better look at the room.

there were two large windows on one of the walls with blue curtains that had fairy lights in them along the sides. there was a tv on top of the large white dresser and on the dresser was little decorations like a starfish jewelry holder and a vanilla candle.

there was a little record player on a side chair in the room and a basket next to it which seemed to have a lot of records in it. i looked inside and saw almost all the taylor swift records, harry styles, lana del ray, tyler the creator, sza, and even adele.

i smiled and put my suitcase on the bed. luke said we'd be staying for a couple weeks so i packed a little extra just in case. thank god i have a big suitcase for this.

i grabbed my shorts/skirts and sweatpants and put them in one drawer, another having my bikinis, and a third having all undergarments.

there was a huge walk in closet which was totally unnecessary for this but i hung up what i had, being shirts and dresses.

there was another door that led to a bathroom so i brought all my makeup, which really wasn't a lot and skincare, toiletries, etc.

i quickly changed into a bikini under the jean shorts i was already wearing and a tight fitted white top.

i was humming a taylor swift song to myself just walking around and placing my suitcase on the floor.

"i don't want to look at anything else now that i saw you, i can never look away.... i don't want to think of anything else now that i thought of you, things will never be the same... been sleepin so long in a twenty year dark night, and now i'm wide awake... now i see daylight, i only see daylight.."

i heard a soft knock at the door so i stopped and walked over, opening the door.

"hey... just wanted to let you know everyone is here. we're heading out in a couple minutes."
"ok, i'll just grab my phone and i'll head down with you."

i walked over to the bed and grabbed my phone, unplugging it from the charger i left by the bedside table.

"i heard you singing. you're good, you know that?"
"really?"
"yeah."
"i don't know, i just really sing to myself. if i sing with other people it's to be obnoxiously loud."
"what was that song?"
"daylight. it's one of my favorite taylor swift songs."
"trevor listens to taylor swift."
"really, he does?" i ask while we walk down the stairs together.

"yeah. i dont really know any of her songs though."
"it's ok, i can teach you all you need to know. you'll be an honorary swiftie for right now."
"thank you, 'preciate it."
"you should."
"can you play guitar?"
"yeah i can, i prefer playing piano though. daylight's a piano song."
"well we have both. you'll have to play for me sometime."
"i will."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

1.1M 14.1K 76
'passionfruit' • a conveniently famous influencer followed by a famous hockey player, who wouldn't notice? • jack hughes x oc • social media x real...
254K 5.9K 64
。°✩ | ˗ˏˋ ☆ ˎˊ˗ | 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 "but you always really knew i just want to be with you" ❝ i love her but she won't forgive me ❞ ❝ i think she will ❞ q...
6K 165 9
In which Adelaide and her childhood best friend, Luke Hughes, meet again after years apart.
39.2K 1.1K 33
﹒⪩⪨﹒in which she realises it was him all along ﹒⪩⪨﹒ 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙣𝙣 𝙝𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙨 x oc social media & irl 𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴! no1 in #nhl ! no1 in #njdev...