Dead Of Night - Jace Wayland

By snatchingmyweave

" When the daylight disappears, you'll find no shelter in this tangled web of fear" this is @rowanmorgenstern... More

-
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FITHTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
BOOK 2

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

602 17 1
By snatchingmyweave

Blood Calls to Blood

𓂃✩𓂃

"Elara." Whispered Michael as he leaned down, shaking the girls shoulders gently "I want to train you."

Elara's eyes fluttered open as she gently turned her head to peer up at the man. A slight frown tugging at the corner of her lips, why did he want to train her?

"Why?" She asked as she allowed him to help her stand up, her free hand rubbing her eye from tiredness.

"I need to make you strong again." He smiled, taking the girls hand as he dragged her towards a caged part of the Jade Wolf. It definitely seemed like a good enough place to train.

"You have became weak from the poison, so I need to help you get better."

"Okay." Elara hummed, taking her jacket off, leaving the girl in a blue tank-top and black jeans. Elara huffed slightly as she reached down to take her heeled boots off bedore placing them next to her jacket.

They both got into a fighting stance before Michael tried to hit Elara's face but she immediately ducked and punched him in the stomach, hard, which alone made him stumble back.

"Very good, Lara." He praised as they returned back to their stances.

They both circled each other, causing Elara to smirk before running towards him at the same time he ran towards her. But Elara thought quickly as she moved to jump over him into a flip before landing onto her feet behind him.

Elara quickly turned around and swiped his feet out from underneath him, making him land onto the floor, looking up at the girl.

"I shouldn't have underestimated your strength." Muttered Michael as Elara held her hand out for him to take, he took it as she helped him to stand up.

"It's the demon side." She chuckled "It helps me to be like this."

Michael laughed along with her and got into the stance again.

"you're seriously not giving up until you win, are you?"

"Nope." He shook his head.

The both of them began to throw punches at one another. Elara laughed as she flipped him over onto his back, making him groan ever so slightly. but the girls laughing was cut Short as she felt her feet get swept out from underneath her.

Elara groaned as she landed on her back besides Michael, she turned her head to peer over at him and laughed. Michael joined in after a few moments, it weirdly felt nice to bond with her boyfriend's father, it almost felt comforting with him.

After a few minutes Michael helped Elara up from the floor before she walked over and gingerly grasped the bottle of water and took a sip, feeling the sweat glistening upon her face and chest, she felt horrible.

"How did I do?" Questioned Elara, screwing the lid back onto the bottle.

"Perfect." Michael smiled "You truly are a warrior princess."

"Warrior princess?" Elara questioned as the duo walked into the back room again. Elara of course remembered to pick up her jacket and shoes, they were her babies after all.

"A warrior princess is someone who will fight for the greater good, or even bad." Michael started as they sat down upon the red couch "They would die protecting their family, loved ones, even friends. They can fight like they have been training their whole life, but they haven't, it just comes natural to them."

"Then I guess that's me."She laughed  dryly "I'm going to find some food."
She merely continued before standing up and walking herself towards the kitchen.

𓂃✩𓂃

"We couldn't even count the demons." Said Clary as she crossed her arms.

"Yeah, But we still have to get Jocelyn out of there." Jace responded as Luke nodded from next to him.

"Seriously, that's like a suicide mission." Responded Elara as she leaned back on the chair, crossing her arms.

"Doesn't have to be." Replied Clary. "I have the Cup, demons have to obey me."

"Oh trust me." Elara smirked "I know." she then stood up and walked towards her "But this is what Valentine wants, he knows you'll do anything to get Jocelyn back."

"She's right." Michael responded as he placed his hand onto Elara's shoulder "He wants you to take out the Cup and use it."

"And if I do?" Clary asked, her tone slightly defensive.

"He'll take it." Elara replied in a duh tone. It was so logical.

"And he'll kill us, too." Added Michael.

Clary smirked "Let him try."

"Fine." Elara sighed "But I will volunteer for you to die first, even if I have to push you in front of me."

"But you're a doppelgänger, you are made to protect us." Replied Clary, giving the girl a smirk.

"That's true." Elara nodded "but I can't protect you from your own stupidity."

𓂃✩𓂃

They walked towards Renwick, Elara had been telling them that this was a stupid idea the whole way, but of course Clary didn't listen to her. Jace just shrugged and followed after her and now they were here, possibly walking towards their deaths.

"This doesn't make any sense." Luke spoke up "There were a thousand demons here last night."

"That's what he wants." Replied Michael "He wants to draw us in, force Clary to use the Cup."

Elara heard footsteps and saw two Circle members running towards them.

"I guess it's showtime." Muttered Elara as she ran towards one of them, the man grunting as she kicked him in the stomach before grabbing his neck, smirking down at him while she stabbed her seraph blade through his stomach and pulled it out. Watching as he fell lifelessly to the ground.

Elara looked around for the redhead and watched as she ran into the building, making her groan, Clary was seriously going to get herself killed. The brunette took one last look at the others before running after her.

"Clary." Elara whisper-sang, sounding slightly creepy as her voice echoed throughout the room she was standing in. Elara rounded the corner and saw a flash of red disappear into one of the rooms.

She walked in and saw Clary drop her blade to the ground, Elara looked past her and saw Jocelyn floating lifelessly in a mist of green. The both of them  ran towards her while Elara placed her hand onto Clary's arm, but didn't look away from Jocelyn.

"Mom." Whispered Clary as she tried to wake her up "Mom! Mom please, wake up." Clary whimpered as she began to stroke Joycelyn's hair.

"She'll be okay, Clare." Muttered Elara, finally looking over at Clary "We found her, We'll figure out how to wake her."

"I hope you're right." Clary responded before they heard the doors behind them slam shut. Elara turned her head to see Michael and Jace standing there, securing the door shut.

"Where's Luke?" Clary asked as she looked around for him.

"We left him fighting Blackwell." Jace replied as he began to draw a rune on the floor "Luke told us to leave him."

Elara rushed towards them as demons began to bang against the door, snarling as they did so. She needed to get Luke.

Jace had other ideas as he rushed forwards and picked the girl up so she couldn't leave "What are you doing!" He nearly shouted while letting her back down onto the ground, but he made sure to keep his arms around her.

"I need to get Luke, we can't shut him out, Jace."

"No, Lara." Jace shook his head "There is not enough time!"

"We have to secure the room." Michael yelled over to them as Clary stood there, tears streaming down her face while Elara let go of Jace and ran towards her.

"Are you okay?"

"Luke is out there." She whispered "What if he doesn't make it, I need him."

"He will." Elara smiled while giving her a small hug "Luke is strong and he's an alpha, he will make it."

"We don't even know if Luke is still alive." Michael yelled again.

"Alive?" Clary yelled out in panic as she pulled out of the brunettes embrace. "Elara please tell him! We cannot shut Luke out, he'll die for nothing!"

"I can't do anything, Clary!" Elara  frowned as she took a few steps back in defeat. The brunette wanted nothing more than to go out there and help Luke, but she couldn't. "I'm sorry."

"Luke wants you and Jocelyn out of here." Michael said as he looked over at Clary.

Elara walked away from the redhead and towards Jace who pulled her into his embrace, kissing the top of her head tenderly.

"So pull yourself together." Michael finished, while Elara watched on as Clary cowered back slightly, she didn't like getting yelled at.

Elara pulled away from Jace's embrace and stood beside him, putting an emotionless expression onto her face. She was ready to fight.

"Clary, if you don't help us." Jace started "no one survives."

"What am I?" Elara suddenly exclaimed "A brick wall or something? Because I can help."

"Clary has the cup." Michael replied in a whisper while Elara looked back towards the door, the demons were getting closer to breaking it down.

"Get ready." Elara yelled, taking out her seraph blade, getting ready for a fight, one they may or may not win.

"Clary now!" Jace called out "we can't wait any longer."

Elara curiously watched as Clary took out the cup and walked to stand next to her while Michael and Jace stood behind them. Elara moved a few steps ahead of Clary, so she was protecting her.

Clary raised the cup in front of her "Demons, I command you!" She yelled "Find Valentine!"

Elara furrowed her brows as the demons continued to bang against the windows and the door, was the cup working or not? She suddenly froze, what if someone here was Valentine, what if the cup was actually working.

"Demons, find Valentine." Clary yelled again, the demons began to snarl louder, at this Elara definitely knew something was wrong, something in her heart was telling the girl that Valentine was Michael Wayland in a glamour, but she or course didn't want to believe it.

But Elara knew she had too, she could basically feel the excitement radiating from him, happy that the Cup was working. Michael walked past her and stared at the door.

"Let me try." He asked, turning to face Clary.

She handed him the cup and stepped back, but Elara stayed next to him, hoping that he wouldn't be Valentine, hoping that whatever she was feeling was wrong.

Michael suddenly turned around to face Clary and Jace "come on." Jace muttered looking at Michael, but the man just smirked, making Elara's heart drop.

Michael raised up his sleeve and dragged his dagger over a rune while Elara merely looked over at Jace with tears in her eyes before Michael fell to the floor.

Michael changed into Valentine, revealing his true self. The man Elara thought she could trust, the person who she actually thought she could've look up too as a father figure.

"Hello, he who shell not be named." Elara smirked as he stood up, Valentine looked over at her with his own smirk.

Maybe if Elara was nice to him, he'd be nice to her? and she had always been the girl to like the villains in movies and TV shows; don't judge

"Hello, Elara." He replied before looking back over towards Clary and Jace, he raised the cup as Elara looked  over at Jace, a tear running down her face at the expression he held, pure distraught.

"Demons." Valentine started "Attack my enemies!" He yelled, but they didn't stop snarling and trying to break in. "I command you!" He yelled louder.

Elara looked over at Clary who didn't look scared or shocked that her father was standing there, it was like she already knew.

"Knock it off, guys!" Clary yelled, making the demons stand down and move away from the windows and doors. "You're not the only one who knows how to cast a glamour." She smirked over at her father.

"That's my girl." Elara called out, smiling widely, She didn't even care that Valentines was still standing next beside her, for Elara was too proud of her little ginger carrot.

The brunette almost yelled in excitement as Clary pulled the real cup out of her bag and the Cup Valentine was holding changed into a 'Worlds best Dad' mug.

"Oh, my god." Elara laughed "This is amazing."

Valentine threw the cup onto the ground beside the girl, shards of the cup landing next to Elara's feet, making her move away from him and towards Jace. She placed her arm around his waist, rubbing his back gently.

"Should we let the demons take care of this?" Clary innocently asked Elara as the latter shrugged while Jace shook his head.

"No." Replied Jace "Send them away, he's mine."

"Demons be gone, but Elara stays!" Clary yelled out again.

Elara sent the redhead a greatful look before she waved at one of the demons that was staring at her intensely. Elara almost laughed there and then, on how she loved this world.

They all soon disappeared, just leaving Clary, Jace, Valentine and Elara standing there. "You pretended to be my father." Jace glared at Valentine, holding his blade In his hand, ready to fight.

"I wasn't pretending, Jace." Valentine shook his head.

"You murdered him." Jace spoke through Clenched teeth "you're a liar!" He rushed over to Valentine and held the blade to his neck.

Elara went to move forwards but Clary held her back, whispering something about letting Jace do this himself.

"I am your father." Valentine started "I always have been, the face you saw as Michael Wayland was mine, then and now. It was a powerful glamour." He explained "I want you to know me as I am, to know the truth about me and you."

"Jace!" Clary called out "Jace, don't listen to him! He's my father we know that for a fact."

"Yes that's true, that's a fact." Valentine nodded the best he could with a blade against his neck "I am your father, Clary. And Jace's."

Elara inhaled sharply as Valentine nudged Jace's blade away from him and walked away, Elara rushed forwards and stood next to Jace.

Valentine walked towards a mirror and began to draw a rune onto it, creating a portal. "Ah, my dear family." He looked towards them "and Elara, the girl who I always wished was my daughter. Together at last, a lost mother found, a brother and sister, finally united." He smirked.

Elara jumped slightly as Jace yelled and ran towards him, holding the blade to Valentine's neck again.

"You won't kill me." Valentine smirked, almost taunting Jace "what's wrong Jace? Can't kill the man who raised you, hmm?"

"But I certainly can!" Elara sneered as she grabbed her blade and rushed towards them before Valentine grabbed Jace's blade and turned Jace around, holding it against his neck.

"Go ahead, Elara." valentine taunted as the girl stopped and gasped "Two for one, we can't even fight back, hmm?" He continued to taunt her "Come with me Lara, you were always meant to be with me, I'm your godfather."

"That doesn't mean shit." She glared at him "You will never be my godfather, you'll never mean anything to me!" Elara yelled, running towards him as she pushed Jace out of his arms and knocked the blade to the floor. "So go back to where you belong, somewhere away from us!"

Elara didn't even wait to see what Valentine would say next before she  sent a round kick his way, sending him into the portal.

"Jace." Whispered Elara as he ran towards her, pulling the girl into his embrace. kissing her head, then her cheek before finally kissing her lips passionately.

The door suddenly slammed open making them pull away and peer over at the door, Luke ran in and over to Jocelyn. Elara turned her attention back towards Jace to see him staring at the mirror, tears forming in his eyes.

"Hey." she whispered "it'll be okay, I'm here and everything will be okay."  she gently pulled him into her embrace. Elara truly didn't know if she was comforting him or herself at this point.

𓂃✩𓂃

Elara lay bundled within her bed, as much as she wanted to be with the others, she just didn't feel like it. Seeing Valentine and him asking her to join him wasn't what scared the girl.

It was the small part of her that actually wanted to drop her blade and join him, to take his hand and walk through the portal with him, to join the dark side.

Elara closed her eyes, feeling herself slowly begin to drif off.

"Lara." Jace whispered as he climbed into the bed and wrapped his arm around her waist. "Can I sleep in here tonight?"

Elara turned in his arms and opened her eyes, looking at his watery ones "Of course, you have already kinda moved into my room, so you're always welcome to sleep in this bed with me."

"Thank you, Lara." Jace whispered kissing her forehead gently "Thank you for sticking by my side, even after what we found out today."

"Valentine being your father doesn't change the way I feel for you, Jace." she whispered, pulling the boy closer to her before running her fingers through his hair while he moved to rest his head against the girls chest. "You're my boyfriend, and that means I will always be there for you, no matter what."

"I love you, Elara." Whispered Jace, his eyes fluttering closed while Elara's heart nearly skipped a beat, he finally said the words she had hopped he would say to her.

"I love you, too."

𓂃✩𓂃

YES this chapter is slightly shorter than the others I've done. Just needed to get this episode done and dusted!

That's really all I have to say for now.

-your unhinged author of this book

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.1K 68
Alice Ravenblood is a different species of vampire. She can survive in sunlight and control her thirst. She is also a guardian assigned to Clary Fair...
609K 12.3K 31
"When the daylight disappears, you'll find no shelter in this tangled web of fear" I don't own Shadowhunters, I only own Ariana Lewis and her plot a...
148K 4.6K 72
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
924K 15K 75
[π‘©π’π’π’Œ 1 - π‘©π’π’‚π’„π’Œπ’”π’•π’π’“π’Ž π‘³π’†π’ˆπ’‚π’„π’š] ❝Don't know where it goes But it's home to me, and I walk alone❞ ━━Green Day, Boulevard Of Broken Dr...