Heal Me or Let Me Die

By Mo_Meemu

Life has not been kind to Xiao Zhan. Three years ago, something terrible happened that shattered his world in... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter -2
Chapter- 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter- 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Author's Note

Chapter - 7

190 13 2
By Mo_Meemu

"Hello"

"Ahhhhhhh......"

Hearing that painful scream as well as more such screams following it, Wang YiBo almost jumped out of his chair. His heart ached at every scream echoing in his ears through his handheld device.

He hung up the voice call without delay and made a video call out of desperation to see what was happening on the other side. As soon as it was picked up, he found Dr. Li with troubled expressions, instructing the staff around him to carefully attach an IV drip to Xiao Zhan.

"What's going on there?" Wang Yibo asked calmly, regaining his composure.

"Doctor Wang, the patient hurt himself and is in pain now." Dr. Li replied.

"How? Why is he in so much pain?" Barely came out of his mouth. He was worried that if Xiao Zhan did get hurt, how serious it would be.

"We don't know exactly how it happened. It was in the afternoon when the nurse came to bathe Xiao Zhan, he looked a little upset. Leaving him inside the bathroom, the nurse briefly came out to get something from the room. It took her some time outside. Meanwhile, along with screaming and shouting, they heard the sound of something falling inside the bathroom. When that nurse along with Mrs Xiao reached inside after hearing voices, they found the patient lying on the floor." Dr. Li explained the situation in one breath.

"Where is the pain? Does he have any injury?" Wang YiBo asked further.

"He has back pain but no external injuries."

"His back? What about any internal injuries?" Screams grew louder in the background, making Wang Yibo worried.

"The possibilities are high. When his condition stabilizes, we will do some tests.

"Do it quickly." Dr. Li nodded at the instructions.

Wang Yibo thought for a second and asked again. "Doctor Li, do you have any idea what could be causing him pain?"

"I can't say for sure but...I think he got hit on his back by a table over there. This is my observation. When we went to bring him into the room, I saw a table lying next to him."

Wang Yibo remained silent for a few moments to absorb the information provided by the doctor in charge. When all the things went through his mind, he asked Dr. Li to focus the phone's camera on the patient. Dr. Li immediately did as he was told and switched the camera back from selfie mode which was now focused on Xiao Zhan.

For Wang Yibo, this scene was even more unpleasant than he had imagined. Xiao Zhan was writhing in excruciating pain, lying on the bed and crying out to drown out the pain that was burning inside him. There was no visible movement in his numb limbs, but his head and hands were shaking violently like a madman. From time to time he was throwing his head upwards and then again and again sinking it into the pillow he was crying bitterly. To keep the IV needle securely attached to his arm, two nurses held his arms securely. His hands gripped the edge of the bed so tightly that his fingers turned white as if someone had squeezed blood out of them.

Seeing Xiao Zhan's condition, Wang Yibo forgot to move forward. Everything fell silent around him. The only thing he could see or hear was the man writhing and screaming in pain and he stared at him without blinking.

What was this feeling?

The more Wang YiBo looked, the more determined he was to take Xiao Zhan's pain away from him, to soothe him, to heal him.

"......ng?"

".... Wang?"

"Dr Wang?"

"Yes!" Wang Yibo blinked constantly, coming out of his dazed mode.

"We gave him a painkiller about one hour ago. But so far it has not had any effect. What should we do now?" Dr. Li asked him expectantly.

"Which one?" He inquired, pacing around his desk.

Dr. Li told him the name of the medicine he injected Xiao Zhan with. Wang Yibo raised an eyebrow at the mentioned medicine. How can an experienced doctor like Dr. Li trust that medicine after knowing the severity of the pain the person is suffering from? He wanted to shout at him but did what the situation demanded, not to waste time in an argument, but to do what he had to do at this point.

"Give 20 ml dose of XYZ to reduce pain with a sedative in IV drip to make him sleep. Otherwise, the patient will make the injury even more serious by his actions." Wang Yibo instructed them.

Dr. Li ordered a nurse to bring the medicine and she hurriedly left the room. Within a few minutes, she returned with a medicinal tray containing a bottle of XYZ drug and an injection syringe with sedative medication. Doctor Li quickly took the bottle of medicine from the nurse's hand filled it into a syringe and injected it into a vein in Xiao Zhan's arm. Then he put sedative medicine in the IV drip.

"Calm down, Xiao Zhan. Relax!" Wang Yibo said, trying to comfort him. Whether it was the effect of the drugs or the soothing voice of the caring doctor, Xiao Zhan closed his eyes.

He waited for five minutes to see the effect of the medicine.

Slowly, the screams and whispers coming out of Xiao Zhan's mouth began to calm down and his violent acts stopped. He fell asleep. Everyone heaved a sigh of relief, including Wang Yibo, whose heart was also at peace with Xiao Zhan's calm face.

"Please get an X-ray done soon and if necessary a CT scan also and send me those reports along with the previous reports. And please do it fast Dr. Li." He, once again, instructed the doctor in charge.

Dr Li nodded and assured him that he would send everything as soon as he got them. The call was hung up after giving some instructions about Xiao Zhan's further treatment and he let himself sink into the chair bury his face in his palms, once again. He felt he was exhausted by death today. He wanted to go home but did the opposite. He stayed at the hospital that night.

It had been three days since the incident that made Wang Yibo hell-concerned about that particular patient, who yet is not officially his. Dr Li was his in-charge doctor, although Wang Yibo only came here to consult and to lend guidance regarding the case until he took it officially under his supervision.

The last few days have been very busy for him. He was dealing with a lot of things these days.

First, when he arrived at the hospital several days later, a terrible event awaited him, a painful sight that could move even a stone heart. They were trying to save the lives of three people but could not save one of them. He then spent hours mulling over surgery options to deal with the complication, and just when he thought nothing bad would happen later that day, a phone call from Dr. Li revealed a new strain.

Those nights he decided to stay in the hospital. The health of the little boy was not yet stable. After the surgery, his heart rate was fluctuating. If he wanted, he could have left him under the supervision of a junior, but that day, don't know why his heart was not ready to leave the little one. So he took him under his care to prevent further complications.

Meanwhile, Dr. Li had sent him Xiao Zhan's report which also needed to be studied. He had to check them too. Another reason for his stay there was that he had to leave early in the morning for his medical campus. He wanted to make sure that everything was under control and that there was an adequate supply of medicines and other equipment on his premises.

He was in a dilemma whether to stay in the hospital and let the other staff go to the campus or he too should go with them. He made a call to his Hue Ge to hear his advice, and after a long conversation, he decided to go to the campus. The people of that area were facing serious problems and they needed his guidance.

But, nothing happened according to his plan. What he was worried about happened at night.

The child's health suddenly deteriorated during the night and the medical team had to leave without him. He took care of the boy till he was out of danger. When he got enough reassurance that the patient was safe and posed no threat, he left for the campus in the afternoon to join his team. He had to stay there for two days.

--------------

Three days later..........

Standing in front of the huge building of the city hospital, he took out his phone from his pocket and sent a message to someone about his arrival in the city.

<< I have already arrived. Let's meet for lunch.>>

As soon as he sent the text, it was seen and he stood at the same place waiting for the reply. He didn't have to wait long as the other person quickly sent a reply stating his plans for today's meeting.

<<I made a reservation at ABD restaurant for lunch. We will be there as soon as I will finish my work. Don't be late today.>>

He read the text as he walked to the entrance of the hospital. On the way, he was greeted with appreciation and respect by the hospital staff. They were praising his research and success and congratulating him. Some patients and their relatives, who knew him through the news, recognized him and whispered to each other about the news that had been going on in the medical world for the past few days. Some were happy to know that there is now a new hope for those who suffer from those problems, while others were skeptical of the theory's success.

Some who were mesmerized by the slight smile on the angelic face of the good-looking doctor, who gave him the appearance of an innocent child, wondered whether this young boy had achieved something that many experienced doctors had failed even after years of research.

Whatever may be the reason for those stares, watching a youngster rise to success and receive accolades has always been a matter of doubt and discussion. At the same time, everyone also believes that determination and hard work are not dependent on age.

Wang Yibo felt uncomfortable attracting his attention. He is a warm but private person who can open up to others easily but to a certain extent. That's why whenever he was the center of everyone's eyes, he became always restless.

But what could he do at the moment?...... Nothing.

So he thought of avoiding them and looked at the device in one of his hands. On the other hand, he was carrying a bag in which he was collecting the reports that Dr. Li had sent him three days earlier, regarding the medical condition of the person who was the reason for his visit. He went inside, typing a WeChat message again on his phone

<<Ok. Send me the location>>

Just when his finger tapped on the send button, another text appeared in his chat room.

<< By the way How long will it take you to get here?>>

While reading the text he became uncertain and wondered how long it would take him to fulfill his duty of being here. What could he say when he himself did not know the answer?

He did not know about the patient's condition and the events that happened to him during these two days. How was he doing? Has his condition improved or worsened? What if he is still in pain? What if he is crying like this again and again because of that unbearable pain? And these questions in his mind subconsciously made his heart a little heavy.

He shook his head to get out of these thoughts. What was he worried about? For whom and.....why?

He was just as much a patient to him as any other of his patients. Then why is he getting so much affected by him...his sufferings...his pain...his agony, when he had never before in his profession allowed anyone to affect him? Then why was this new patient troubling his heart as well as his mind?

But some questions have no answers or we can say some unknown feelings have no reason. Only time can answer or reason them.

Wang Yibo was startled by the sound of a notification that brought him back to the real world, informing him that someone was still waiting for his answer. He looked around and found himself standing at the entrance, head bowed down, eyes glued to the mobile in his hand, and feet glued to the spot. The people around were watching him curiously. The curious gazes of people around him made him wonder how long he had spent standing there.

He let out a deep sigh and sent his reply.

<< Don't know. Hopefully, it won't take long. However, if I am late, I will let you know.>>

He put his phone back in his pocket and walked to the reception area like a soldier to receive orders to go to the battlefield.

A beeping sound coming from the device inside his pocket informed him about the upcoming texts, which he completely ignored thinking that he would check them immediately after finishing his work.

Seeing him in front of the reception desk, the receptionist greeted him with a genuine smile, to which he nodded sincerely.

"Good morning, Dr Wang. How may I help you?"

"Good morning! Could you please tell me if Miss Qiu from the Department of Neurology is here?"

"Please wait a minute, sir. I will check and let you know"

The girl typed on her computer and checked that day's records. She told him that Miss Qiu was in the hospital and had left a message to inform her of his arrival immediately.

"Please, ask Miss Qiu to meet me on the VIP floor."

Having said that, he headed to the elevator after receiving confirmation from her, while the girl at the reception desk got busy calling Miss Qiu and informing her as per Wang YiBo's instructions.

----------------

TBC~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93K 9K 61
Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo were together since they were kids. Raised in a shifter shelter since they were two and five years old, the two did everythin...
37.3K 3.5K 45
Wang Yibo The Death Angel was and always will be my greatest enemy. The one man who has slipped through my fingers each and every time and the only m...
16.6K 1.3K 12
Is marriage just a legal binding or it is a string bound by fate itself? Anyone can run away from the attachment of papers but what about the destiny...
195K 14.7K 45
Yibo: Top Zhan: Bottom After the sudden death of his great love, Xiao Zhan did not believe that he could fall in love a second time. Even two years...