Pitch Perfect 1, 2, and 3

By DeltaClone

Beca Mitchell x Male OC ~ "This is what happens when you send girls to college." John stated. Gail turned and... More

Pitch Perfect 1 Cast
Arrival
Shower Talk And Too Much Beer
Riff off
One Long Bus Ride
The Finals
Pitch Perfect 2 Cast
Nobody wants to see the front!!
Snoop is coming!
Das Sound Machine
Don't Touch The Goose
She's on fire!
World Championship
Pitch Perfect 3 Cast
Memories

Talking To The Brother

665 24 0
By DeltaClone

Beca's P.O.V

"I should have taken that cardio tip more seriously." Fat Amy remarked as we finished practicing our act for the competition.  

"How much have you done?" Aubrey asked. 

"You just saw it." 

"Chloe, you gotta be able to hit that last note." Aubrey told her. 

"I can't. It's impossible. And it's because of my, my nodes." She replied. 

"Well, if you can't do it, then someone else needs to solo." Aubrey stated. 

"I think Beca should take my solo." Chloe suggested.

I froze. 'Solo? Me?' I was confused but I also knew it would take a bit the get Aubrey to give in.

"Yeah, Beca would be excellent. But also, someone else might be equally as excellent."  

"It's true." I said knowing where Amy was going with this. 

"And they might be shy and not wanna come forward and say they wanted a solo." Amy finished. 

"Well, Beca doesn't want a solo, so..." Aubrey said.

"I would be happy to do it if I got to pick a new song and do an arrangement." I explained. 

"Well, that's not how we run things here." 

"Aubrey, maybe Beca has a point. Maybe we could try something new." Chloe suggested. 

"A-ca-scuse me? You can sing Turn the Beat Around and that's the last I wanna hear of this." Aubrey said raising her voice.

"That song is tired. We're not gonna win with it. If we pull samples from different genres and layer them together, we could make some-" I started but Aubrey cut me off.

"Okay, let me explain something to you because you still don't seem to get it. Our goal is to get back to the finals and these songs will get us there. So, excuse me if I don't take advice from some alt-girl with her mad lib beats, because she's never even been in competition. Have I made myself clear?" Aubrey interrupted. 

"Crystal. I won't solo." I spat out. 

"Fine. Fat Amy?" 

"Yes, sir?" 

"You'll solo." 

"Yes! Yes." Fat Amy said tracing the heart on her t-shirt while smiling. 

* * *

I groaned.

This wasn't working. I had been up for the past three hours trying to text Jacob. He hadn't talked to me for the past four days. He avoided me at work and never texted.

I couldn't figure out why though. I mean, he isn't one to get mad over me dating Jesse. maybe jealous? But knowing him he wouldn't avoid me.

I stood up and walked down the corridor to his room. I knocked on the door and Benji answered.

"Hey, is Jacob here?"

"Jacob? No, he's out with Jesse."

"Oh."

"Why? Do you need to talk to him?"

"Sort of."

"Well. If it's a question I can probably answer it. I know my brother better than him."

"Really?"

Benji nodded, "Here come in."

He opened the door wider to let me in. I walked inside and looked around. You could 100% tell that three people lived in this room. One third of the room was covered in Star wars poster, collectibles, and magician items. The second had a few car posters and one of a band. Under the bed was toolbox. The third was plainer. A few movies lined up but not much else.

"here have a seat." Benji said welcoming and handed me a chair.

I smiled and took a eat.

"So. What did he do now?"

"What do you mean?"

"Trust me. This happens a lot. He pretty much ghosts a girl he likes and they end up coming to me."

"Well yeah but-"

"So?"

"He ghosted me."

"Do you know why?"

"Cause I'm dating Jesse? I think."

"Yeah that would do it."

"But will he talk to me again?"

"Give him another day. He will. He can be...."

"Difficult?"

"Yeah. That's the word."

I stood up, "Do you know when Jesse will be back?"

"Probably in a few minutes or so."

"Oh okay. I'd better be going then."

"Alright. It was nice talking Beca."

I nodded and forced a smile. I opened the door and came face to face with the last person I wanted to see.

"Hi." I whispered looking up to see Jacob.

His face was stern but I could tell he felt bad.

He backed up to give me space to pass and I did.

"I'll see you at the radio station." He told me.

I turned to face him with wide eyes.

"Wait what?"

"I'll see you at work tomorrow. You're going right?"

"Oh. Right, yeah."

I heard the door close and kept walking. Before I could get back to my room a recognizable voice called my name.

"Beca!"

Two hands were placed on my shoulder and they spun me around.

"Oh, hey Jesse."

He leant in and kissed me lightly. Something in my stomach opened. A pit. It didn't fell good. It felt wrong.

"I have to go."

"Oh okay. Well do you want to go out later this week?" Jesse asked sounding confused.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe. Text me."

I walked away fast and closed the door to my room before leaving against it and sighing in relief.

'Two guys? What the hell are you thinking Beca?' I asked myself.

* * *

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. The 2012 southeastern regional competition has officially begun." 

"Yes, I'm Gail Abernathy McCadd,and to my right is fellow a cappella alum John Smith and we are live from Carolina University." 

"It's a new season for a cappella. The regionals begin the long road to Lincoln Center where all of these youngsters hope to one day win a trophy by making music with their mouths." Gail continued speaking.

"And the Sockappellas, once again proving that it doesn't get better for everyone after high school." John said.

"Let's give it up for the Barden Bellas!" The announcer exclaimed as the Bellas walked on stage.

"Wow." Gail said shocked.

"This does not look like the fresh-faced nubile Bellas that we have come to know." John says. "Is it me or are those skirts just not working anymore?"

"You're walking the line, John." Gail warned. "It's a nice surprise to see the Bellas mixing it up. It's refreshing, yet displeasing to the eye."

"The Barden Bellas bringing back the same song they sang at last year's finals. And all eyes will be on senior Aubrey Posen. She could toss some cookies at any moment. And she makes it through, folks. No cookie toss." John said shocked when Aubrey finished without vomiting.

"John, a change of pace could not come soon enough here for the Barden Bellas. This is not a great way to start their season."

"Yeah, this number is like an elephant dart to the public's face." 

Fat Amy changes the pace of the song and the crowd begins to enjoy it. 

"The Barden Bellas went deep into the archive for that song, John. I remember singing it with my own a cappella group." 

"And what group was that, Gail?"

"The Minstrel Cycles, John."

"Well, that's an unfortunate name."

Jacob made a heart to me as I walked past off stage. Aubrey glared at me with jealousy and rage. 

'Well. I'm screwed.' I thought and took my seat.

"You know, there must be something in the water over there at Barden University, 'cause this next group is also from Barden. Ladies and gentlemen, the Barden University Treblemakers." The announcer said introducing the Trebles.

"Here we go, the Barden Treblemakers. They're on the trail for Lincoln Center, huh?" Gail pointed out.

"Absolutely, they always are, Gail. My favorite, and everyone's favorite. Now it says here in my notes that their front man Bumper Allen has recently released his own line of sports sandals."

The Trebles began to sing and Jacob pointed to me. I smiled slightly but I knew Aubrey was glaring daggers at me from behind.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for. The results of tonight's
regional competition. In third place, the Sockappellas!" He paused. "In second place, and advancing to this year's semi-finals, the Barden Bellas."

The Bellas cheered and I joined in on the fun.

"And the winner of tonight's regional competition, defending their crown, ladies and gentlemen, the Barden University Treblemakers!" They ran onto the stage and Jacob hoisted Donald onto his shoulders. He took the trophy and waved it around for everyone to see. 

"Great job." I mouthed to Jacob and he smiled.

* * *

"I'm willing to sign breasts. Yes! I'm willing to sign..." Bumper said when walking into the room.

I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"Oh, look who it is. Old dudes. Get a life." Bumper said walking over to a group of older men who were also singing.

"Sonic boom." Donald says.

"Just 'cause we graduated a few years ago, doesn't mean we can't still get off performing our oral magic, all right?" The bald one said. 

"Oral magic?" Jacob asked snickering.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, buddy, buddy. Are you looking for what I think you're looking for? Yeah, a fight? You looking for a fight?" He asked Jacob.

'Oh shit. This is not going out well.' I thought.

"Let's get it on!" Bumper cheered.

"No. I don't want to fight." Jacob said putting the trophy down.

"Hit me. Just a punch." One of the men asked.

"Why do you want me to hit you?" Jacob asked, "I don't wanna do that." 

"I need to feel something. Hit me as hard as you can. Hit me hard. Take this. Take this." He said handing Jacob the trophy.  "I want you to hit me with it."

"No Amy! Amy don't!" The other Bellas yelled as Amy rushed forward. 

I hadn't even noticed.

"Feel the Fat Amy force!" Amy yelled running over.

"Hey." I walked over and tried to hit the man.

He grabbed my hand. 

"Do it again!" He asked.

"No. Let me go." I said pulling my hand back

"Let her go." Jacob demanded.

"Hit me!" He told me. 

Jacob grabbed the man's hand and took it off my arm. "Don't. Touch. Her." He warned.

I looked him in the eyes and his previously stern glare softened. I felt my heart flutter in my chest.

Before anyone did anything else Fat Amy came in and started kicking him. 

"Give me the sharp weapon, I wanna put it up his butt!" I tried to stop Amy and grabbed the trophy. Amy let go and the trophy went flying in the air before smashing into the glass pains. 

"Vertical running. I'm vertical running." Amy yelled while running away. 

A police officer approached us.

'Oh shit.' I thought.

* * *

"Hey, Hilary Swank from Million Dollar Baby." Jacob joked as he walked over to me.

"Hey, you know you just have to say, "Hey, Million Dollar Baby." You don't have to reference the specific actress." I retorted. 

"Damn. Prison changed you."

"Thanks for bailing me out."

"Well, I didn't." He replied nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

Just then a man stepped out of a car. It was my dad. 

"You called my dad?" I exclaimed frustrated.

"I know, I know, but they were putting you in handcuffs, Bec. It looked pretty serious." He said trying to explain but I was done. 

"That doesn't mean you call my dad." 

"Who else was I gonna call? Okay, why are you yelling at me? I'm the only one here." 

"I didn't ask you to be." 

"I was just trying to help you." Jacob explained. 

"I don't need your help, you're not my boyfriend." 

As those last four words left my mouth I knew what mistake I had made. Although I was right I knew exactly what was coming next.

"Well then where's Jesse? Looks like you man has no guts to stick up for you."

This made me mad, but before I could say anything someone else cut in.

"Wow. What's going on here?" 

I looked to my left and there stood Jesse.

"I was trying to find you after the concert. Donald told me you and Jacob got arrested."

"I didn't get arrested." Beca said. "Well mostly."

Jesse ignored me and walked over to Jacob.

"What's your problem man? Where's her boyfriend? Well guess what? I'm right here."

Jesse put his face right up to Jacob's in a threatening manner.

"I don't need to deal with this." Jacob said backing up. 

He looked over to me before saying, "You're right. I'm not. I'm sorry."

Jacob walked off and left me alone with my dad and Jesse.

"Get in the car." My dad demanded.

"Dad. Come on here me out. Just-"

"No Beca. Get in the car. Now." He turned to Jesse and pointed his index finger like he always did when he was mad, "And you, get lost."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517 29 15
Chloe Beale- having a male part instead of a female she was born with it but she's still got boobs will she ever find the love of her life and will p...
172K 4.2K 23
"𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗍𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖽 𝖱𝗈𝖼𝗄𝗒?" "𝖨𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗅𝗆 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝗂𝗋𝖽𝗌?" "𝖶𝗁𝖺-𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝖾𝖺𝗇 𝖱𝗂𝗈?"...
36.3K 800 21
Beca has just moved and has been enrolled in Bardan High school. She becomes friends with the girl across the road and starts to fall for her Beca...
7.2K 345 16
Have you ever done something so terrible that you wish you could forget it? Have you ever thought that if you did one thing differently, just one thi...