Mystery Girl

By pizzacup13

There's a new member of the BAU...Nya, a smart yet mysterious women who pops up unexpectedly. After meeting S... More

Ms.Mystery
Date night
Caught (mini chapter)
Family relations
Reassurance & Racial tension
Proposal
Mystery girl (Part 1)
Mystery girl (part 2)
Mystery girl (part 3) (mini chapter)
Wedding plans
Big day!!!
Gestation
Baby shower/Gender Reveal
The past can trap you
Labor and delivery
The backstory(mini chapter)
Family time (Mini Chapter)
Caretaker
Serenity
Party time
Career day (mini chapter)
Old and New (part 1)
Old and New (Part 2)
I stumble and I fall (part 1)
I stumble and I fall (part 2)(Mini chapter)
In Between (Mini chapter)
Paris(part 1)
Paris (Part 2)
Welcome Home! (Mini chapter)
IVF (The Dawn)
IVF (Phase 1)
IVF (Phase 2) (mini chapter)
How do we come back from this?
On the mend (Mini Chapter)
Therapy Session
The broken little girl
Therapy Session (Part 2)
Pottery class
Surprise! Suprise!
Just in case
Mother (part 1)
Mother (part 2)
The end or the beginning
Playlist
Authors note

Cold case

30 0 0
By pizzacup13

Nya's POV

"Can we just bring the rest of the team into this?" Spencer said.

"Babe, we are supposed to be on vacation, the team already has plenty of cases."

"I know, but I'm just saying the more eyes on this case, the better."

"Let's just figure out the facts first and then we can present it to the rest of the team," I replied.

"I can hear you guys bickering from the balcony." Serenity said as she walked back inside.

"Sorry, Spencer and I were just thinking about whether we should consult our team or not."

"Oh, ok."  serenity replied.

Spencer and I looked at her, waiting for her to say something else.

"What? That's between the two of y'all, I just want my daughter's killer found." Serenity said.

"Fair enough," I said while Spencer came to sit next to me as we looked through the case file.

"What is it like working together? being married and all? How do you two make it work?"

"It's amazing, working with my husband all the time," I say looking at Spencer with a smile on my face.

"Yeah, we have the same schedule, we rarely have differences of opinion on things. The only time we've argued is when she lied to me about being an undercover CIA assassin and the time she wouldn't tell me about her ex who ended up kidnapping her while she was pregnant." Spencer said as he got up to get me a cup of coffee.

"What? You were an assassin and got kidnapped by your ex?" Serenity asked.

Yeah, It's a long story, I'll explain it someday." I said while Spencer gave me my cup of coffee and sat next to me again.

"Wow, you two have been through a lot together."

"You have no idea," I said as I went to use the bathroom.

Spencer's POV

"I worked with my ex-husband, my daughter's father, but we were having so many problems and he left me a year before my daughter's death. He never even came to her funeral."

"Do you think your ex-husband had anything to do with your daughter's death?" I asked.

"What? NO, Why would you even think that?"  Serenity said.

"It would make sense since he would have a motive, some people hurt their children to get back at their child's mother or father," I replied.

"He loved his daughter." Serenity said defensively.

"If he loved her, he would have come to her funeral," I replied.

Serenity scoffed and walked out the front door.

"Spencer, where's Serenity?" Nya asked me as she came out of the bathroom.

Serenity's POV

I can't believe he said that. How dare he accuse my ex-husband of killing his own daughter? I don't even want to think that it could have been him. He loved his daughter. He loved his daughter. He wouldn't have done that.

As I was walking to my car in the driveway, I saw another car pull up. The driver of the car came out and he was fairly handsome. He was really handsome.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Derek Morgan, FBI, Who are you?"

"Serenity Miller, Nanny," I responded.

"Oh, you're Spencer and Nya's Nanny?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you ok? You seem frustrated" He asks me.

"No, I'm not ok, it's a long story but I'm sure they'll explain it to you, now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my place," I said while getting in my car.

Nya's POV

Hey, Derek, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I called him" Spencer replied.

"Hey, why didn't you guys tell me your nanny is hot?" Derek asked.

"Ew," I replied.

Derek laughed.

"What's all this?" He asked.

"It's evidence for a case we're working on, Serenity's daughter was killed, Hit and run. We offered to help her find her daughter's killer." I said.

"Oh wow, that must be really taking a toll coming back to this, she seemed really frustrated when I met her outside."

"No, it's not because of this. She's just upset at Spencer." I said.

"Why?"

"Because I told her about the possibility that her ex-husband might be her daughter's killer," Spencer said.

"And I agree with Spencer, he seems like a suspect to me."

"Alright, then let's go pay him a visit shall we?" Derek said.

Spencers POV

We knocked on the door once we reached the front of the house.

Someone opened the door. It was Serenity's ex-husband.

"Yes." He said.

"Hello, Mr. Grey, We are with the FBI and we wanted to ask you some questions about your daughter's death," I said.

"Ok, Sure, come inside." He said.

"Where were you the night of your daughter's death?" Nya said.

"I was out that day."

"Doing what exactly?" Nya asked.

"I was with a woman, My recent wife, we were together at the time." 

"Were you cheating on your wife back then?" Nya asked. 

"No, We were having issues and I left her." 

"And your daughter," Nya said. 

"Yes, and my daughter." 

"Why didn't you go to your daughter's funeral?" Derek asked.

"I couldn't bring myself to, she was my little girl and I abandoned her because of my issues with her mother, I couldn't go see her dead body getting laid into the ground." 

"Is there anyone who might have a grudge against you or your ex-wife?" I ask. 

"No, not that I know of." 

"Where is your wife?" Nya asks. 

"She's upstairs." 

"Go get her, now, we need to question her too," Nya says. 

Mr.Grey went upstairs to get his wife. 

"What are you thinking?" I ask Nya. 

"Jealous Girlfriend, that child was the only thing keeping him connected to serenity and even if he wasn't in contact with his child at the time, there was no way of knowing if he would ever come back to see his child again and inevitably seeing serenity, might have sparked old feelings, I don't know, she could have had plenty of motives," Nya said. 

Mr. Grey came back downstairs with his wife. 

"Hi, I'm Abby." Mr. Grey's wife says. 

"Hi, Abby, We're with the FBI, we were asking your husband about his daughter's death, do you know anything about that?" Nya asked. 

"Yes, I remember my husband getting the call from Serenity and she was crying and told him about their daughter and she wanted him to go to the hospital but he never went."

"You didn't even go to the hospital to see your daughter?" Nya asked. 

"No." Mr. Grey said shamefully.  

"Ok, I'm done here," Nya said as she walked out. 

I followed her outside. 

"Hey, What's wrong?" I asked. 

"I'll be in the car, when you and Derek are done, you know where to find me because right now, I really want to punch that man in the face and I can't do that so I'll just be in the car." 

"Ok." 

Derek's POV 

"Did you get her to calm down yet? She still might want to slit someone's throat." I asked Spencer. 

"She'll cool down eventually," Spencer replied. 

"You know I can hear both of you, right?" Nya says. 

"Yeah, we know," I said. 

"Did you guys get anything from questioning them?" Nya asks. 

"No, Nothing," Spencer replies. 

"We should tap into those street cameras where the accident happened, we might be able to identify who was driving the car," Nya says. 

"I can do it, we aren't sure what street the accident happened though," Spencer said. 

"I'll call serenity," Nya said. 

"Ok, we're in agreement," I said. 

Nya's POV 

"You guys really think you can find my daughter's killer this way?" Serenity said as she walked through the door. 

"Yes, I do, I hacked into the street cameras and we should be able to see who committed the crime," Spencer said. 

Spencer played the video and we all watched it with anticipation. Spencer paused it at just the right moment to capture the driver's face. 

"Do you know who this man is?" I asked serenity 

She had her hand on her mouth, she was in shock. 

"Yes, he's my brother-in-law or was." She said. 

"I've seen his photo on the walls in your ex-husband's house. Are you absolutely sure that is him?" I said. 

"Yes, serenity replied. 

"Ok, let's go." 

Derek, Spencer, and I went to make an arrest and took him in for questioning. 

"Why would you kill your own niece?" I asked. 

"Serenity didn't tell you, we were in love after my precious brother left her, she was broken and she had me and we fell in love, the older that child got, the more she ruined things, she either needed help with her homework or wanted to speak to her about boys,  that insignificant little girl was ruining everything, so I took it upon my own hands." 

"you killed that poor little girl," I said. 

"It's what needed to be done." 

Well, respectfully, I hope you rot in jail." I said as I walked out of the room. 

"Derek, I need you to call the DA and tell them to give this man the maximum penalty, he doesn't deserve to see the light of day ever again," I said. 

"Got you." 

When Derek, Spencer, and I got back to the house, Serenity was still on the couch, crying.

"He told you that we were in love didn't he?" Serenity said. 

"Yes," I replied. 

"He was there for me a lot after my ex-husband left me. He was in love with me but I wasn't in love with him, and when he started pursuing me, I pushed away from him and I guess his revenge was taking my child from me." She said. 

"He's going away for a long time, serenity, you don't have to worry about him ever again," I said as I sat next to her on the couch. 

"Derek, can you take her home, please?" I asked Derek. 

"Of course," Derek replied. 

After Serenity and Derek left, Spencer went to check on Reina, while I just sat on the couch. 

"She's asleep," Spencer said to me while sitting next to me. 

"Promise me, we're going to do everything to protect her. I can't lose our daughter, Spence." 

"I know, love, I promise." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

711 22 15
Y/N Y/L/N is detective and cybersecurity expert working for the National Center for Analysis of Violent Crime who has recently been transferred into...
9.8K 318 21
A gang operation is shut down and the BAU finds a young lady who was brought into the midst of it. They bring her to safety, and Dr Reid seems to tak...
58.5K 1K 23
Y/N has just moved to Virginia to start her new Job in the BAU. Little does Y/N know that her life is about to change forever. However life has not...
168K 2.5K 12
The BAU from the FBI is called to investigate mysterious murders that have been happening in Barstow lately. When they're there Spencer Reid finds th...