𝘓𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘡𝘦𝘭𝘥𝘢...

By html_optimusprime

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒════╗ Drabbles of you and Link and the adventures you both endure... More

𝘓𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘡𝘦𝘭𝘥𝘢✨️
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐰/𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭/𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐: 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐰/𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐨𝐨𝐭/𝐦𝐦 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐: 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭/𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟑: 𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐩 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐬𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭/𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐: 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐩 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫)
¡𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗡!
𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐩 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝)
𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐰 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗦 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗖𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗗
𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝗧𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗟𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧!!
𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 ;)
𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐌𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊;)
𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊!
𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗡𝗢𝗪!!

𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

1.3K 28 108
By html_optimusprime

╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╗
Holy shit!! 1.36k reads and 70 votes already?? Guys this is crazy, omg. Thank you all so so much for all your support and lovely comments! It really means a lot to me and I never thought I'd get so many reads, votes and comments!!

And I'm sorry if this chapter isn't my best, but I wanted to write something quickly so you all can have a little oneshot of Dark today! He needs more love even though this is really cringe in my eyes :D
╚════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒ ════╝

published 15/07/2023

warnings: blood, fluff and tinge of angst??

‧͙⁺-ˋˏ just call me Darkˎˊ˚⁺‧͙

Fireflies fluttered through the shadows of the forest while the air held a touch of iciness that lingered on the tip of my tongue as the moon's rays drooled across the shadowy landscape that surrounds me.

I watched the clouds as they gently dragged themselves across the blackness of the sky, the songs of crickets filling the darkened depths with their melodies. I closed my eyes at that, savouring the sounds that brought me peace. The cool grass tickling my wrists.

"I wish I could stay out here forever", I sighed before sitting up right and dusting my hands upon the material of my breeches while I slightly shivered at the cold breeze that slithered across my neck. My horse snorted at that, stomping her hoofs into the black, dewy soil with a shake of head - her tail flicking in apprehension.

I frowned at that. "What's wrong girl?", I asked as I made my way towards her, reaching for her old, leathery reins that were wrapped around the lower branches of an aged tree to untie them. "It's alright. We're going to be leaving now", she nudged her snout into my shoulder at that...as though she was urging me to quicken my pace. I wonder what's making her so nervous, I don't hear or feel anything that can make her react like this.

I sighed as I began to untie the reins, her head pressing itself into my shoulder before a loud neigh filled my ears - my breath hitching, "Move...and I'll slit your throat." The icy metal of a blade was quickly pressed against my throat, causing my skin to prickle in fear while the sharpness scraped against me, "I don't have any rupees on me." A pained groan slithered past the stranger's mouth while the murmuring shouts of men and the galloping of horses began to quietly echo through the forest, "I don't want your stupid rupees. I need you to ride us out of here damnit." His voice was deep as he seethed through his teeth, my horse began struggling against the rein in fear and unease.

"Untie her and get on first."

Shakily, I worked my hands around the reigns, successfully freeing them while my mare struggled against my hold, "It's-It's okay girl. Everything is going to be alright", I whispered while the edge of the blade was itching itself into my skin, "Get on. Now!" I quickly nodded, my eyes closing.

With unsteady legs, I hauled my foot into the stirrup before adjusting myself on the saddle, I could barely even blink before I felt the weight of someone lean against my back. I let out a breathy exhale as his hands wrapped around my waist, his own breath tickling my ear, "Hurry for Din's sake."

"Get back here you pathetic shadow!", The voices of men yelled through the forest as I brough h/n into a sprint, soothing her neck in hopes to calm her down a bit, "Good girl, now please, take us home." She gave a soft exhale in response.

Reluctantly, I placed a hand onto the man's to show him I meant no harm. And with that, I felt him slightly tense from the touch before relaxing into me and tightening his hold around me. "Hang on", I murmured beneath my breath as I let go of his hand, "we're nearly there." I felt him give me a small nod while the tingoing metal smell of blood began to sneak it's way into my nostrils.

The familiar sight of the withered trees came in view, causing my eyes to widen - but just as I was about to steer h/n to the left, his body suddenly slid off the saddle. My eyes widened while I pulled my companion to a sudden halt, "Goddesses, how injured is he?!"

I quickly slid off her and ran towards the figure that lays upon the ground. My breathing stilled.

There layed a man clad in black, torn clothes with hair as white as the silver rays of a full moon, his skin like the shadows of the old, wise trees as a darkened liquid dampened my hands. I shook my head, and quickly, I tried to search for a pulse.

"This is worse than I thought", I whispered, feeling a barely visible yet weak thud against my fingertips. I quickly tore off a loose piece of his tunic before wrapping it around the gash on his arm - tightening it as much as I could, "Please wake up, you're too heavy for me to carry." I felt h/n nudge against my shoulder in hopes that I'll relax the erratic beating of my heart. "Please", I quielty begged as I tore off another piece and wrapped it around his torso...even lifting him up was a struggle for me.

"I don't know what to do", I felt tears brim the corners of my eyes, my stare was strained onto the redness that stained my shaking fingers. I felt myself shiver at the fear that I could possibly watch someone die for the first time in my life, knowing that there's nothing I can do to stop it.

A seething hiss awoken me from my anxious daze, causing me to glance at the man that lays in front of me as a pair of bright, glowing eyes dimly glared into my own. My lips quivered, "Please tell me what to do. I...I can't have you dying on me even though you threatened me!" My ears suddenly flattened at the sounds of the men and their horses nearing.

"I can...move a bit. My body is slowly healing but it's hurting a lot more than I thought it would", he murmured with a hiss. I gave him a nod, "Okay, do you think you can mount my horse on your own. I need to be behind you so I know you won't fall off again..." He grinded his teeth in pain as he slowly sat up, "I...think I can." I inwardly sighed in relief.

I helped him up the stirrup before mounting behind him and grabbing onto the reigns, "We're nearly there. 5 minutes give or take." He meekly nodded.

Soon, my small wooden cabin came into the view. I could see my candles flicker upon the inside walls as I dismounted, "Hold onto me alright?" He groaned while swinging his one leg over to rest beside the other before I grabbed onto his arm and helped him slid off h/n, leading him towards my front door.

I pushed it open with a twist of my key and shut it behind us with the back of my foot, "Stay here while I go and get a bucket and a cloth. Those wounds will also need some stitches", I softly spoke as I helped him lay down onto the cushions of my chair before dragging a wooden stool to place beneath his feet in order to keep them upright. But just as I was about to head towards the bathroom, a hand gently wrapped themselves around my wrist, causing me to glance over at him from my shoulder, "What's wrong...?" For a second, I thought I saw his eyes softly soften before returning to their cold, emotionless stare. And with that, he released my wrist, "Nevermind."

I frowned as I filled the bucket with the now cold water that I was going to use to wash myself earlier and then placing a wash cloth into the water, allowing it to soak while I treaded back towards the stranger.

I felt his eyes watch me drag another stool to lay beside him before sitting down on it and reaching for the cloth in the bucket. "I'm going to need you to take off your tunic for me if you can", I brought my eyes to his own, watching the way they flicker between in thought before reluctantly tugging at the hem of his tunic and dragging it up his torso.

With one final tug and groan, he tossed it to the floor beside him - his breathing uneven from the stress that was applied to his wounds. I felt my eyes subconsciously wander over his abdomen, feeling them widen as the muscles tensed from the pain. He opened his eyes and studied the way I wrung out the cloth before gently glancing back at him, "This is going to hurt."

"I don't care."

I inwardly flinched at the coldness of his tone before placing the cloth onto the deepened slice that ran across his chest.

I felt his breath hitch in his throat and his muscles to tense beneath my hand that's splayed out across his stomach to support my body that leans over him. I quietly mumbled a, 'sorry' as I gently dabbed the cloth around the red seeping wound.

The silence between us was neither awkward or uncomfortable...it felt neutral in an odd way, like a silent understanding was draped upon us. And with every movement I made, his eyes never left my own - even when I cleaned the gash on his bicep, they never strayed from me.

I quickly cleared my throat while gently wiping his ashy skin clean from the last bit of blood that was left, "I'm not good at stitches but I can try, it'll at least help a little." His hand found its way onto my wrist, "I don't need stitches." I brought my eyes to stare into his, noticing how close we were to one another, but I didn't dare have a waver in my tone, "If you don't, you'll continue to bleed."

"If you weren't so lost in your pretty head, you would've noticed the bleeding stopped long ago", the corners of his lips had a slight upturn to them, causing me to narrow my eyes before casting them down to his chest - but only for them to widen at the sight of the wound being practically closed already. "How?", I mumbled to myself as my fingertips traced the warm, healed skin, his muscles flinching from my touch. "Magic", he softly whispered.

I tore my eyes away from his chest to glance into his own, reddened ones, "Is that why they were after you? Because you're a sorcerer?" He gave a slight shrug, suddenly avoiding my stare, "Something like that." I hummed at that, feeling my brows furrowed at the few questions that need to be answered, "Then who was after you? And why did you threaten me? Why not-" "Easy Princess. One question at a time", he cooed into my ear with a chuckle after. I felt my cheeks redden as he began to twirl a loose strand of my hair around his finger.

My eyes couldn't stray away from his. His red irises dimming due to his pupils suddenly increasing in size, and before I knew it, I slowly felt myself leaning forward - feeling the way his nose brushed against my own made my skin prickle in excitement, his breath hitching.

"Hello! Anyone home!"

I flinched at the sound of someone banging against the wood of my door, causing it to rattle from the force. His eyes found themselves staring at the day with an unwavering coldness, "It's them."

I quickly tore myself away from him, "If you go to my room, you'll be able to fit out of my back window and escape into the creak below. I'll distract them in the mean time." I stood up and just as I was about to pick up the stool, his fingers wrapped themselves around my own - intertwining them together as though he was in fear he'd never get to do so again, "I can drag them away from here." I shook my head, reluctantly letting go of his hand after giving it a soft squeeze, "No. You're still...healing. Go." His brow furrowed before he sat upright with a hiss and swung his legs off the stool to pick up his bloodied tunic.

"I know you're in there!"

"Coming! Just hang on!", I yelled back as I placed both the stools down back to where they were before chucking the cloth into the bucket.

With one final wipe of my hands, I twirled the knob of my door and pulled it open, smiling at the man, but only for it to falter at the sight of the Royal Hyrulean Armour that shimmered beneath the moon while his cold, green eyes glared into my own, "Have you seen anyone with white hair and red eyes nearby?" I quickly shook my head, my smile began to feel uncomfortable, "No, not that I'm aware of." He narrowed his eyes at me before side glancing h/n who restlessly stomps her hoofs into the ground, "I see. What I find odd is the blood I spotted on your steeds fur and saddle. Care to explain?"

I huffed, "Ever heard of something called hunting? Caught a few hares for stew tonight, you want to join while you at it?" I step aside to show the sincerity that was held within my tone. "No, I best be going. If you see him, please come to the castle and let us know." I shrugged, "Will do, sir." He nodded, giving h/n one last glance before turning around and walking towards his own brown steed.

I shut my door with a sigh, the emptiness of my home gnawing at my heart...the thought of never seeing him again made me frown. I disregarded the thought while glancing down at the bloodied cushions and the red water that lies stagnant in the bucket, "I better clean up."

"Not so fast, Princess", an arm suddenly wrapped itself around my waist as a familiar voice whispered into my ear, causing the skin of my neck to prickle, "Trying to forget me already?" His lips trailed down my cheek, his free hand wrapping itself gently around my neck.

"I could never...", I murmured before leaning into the warmth of his chest, "at least tell me your name, prick." He chuckled, "Mhm, Dark. Just call me Dark, Princess."

Edited 15/07/2023

This is so cringe, I'm terrible sorry about this chapter! I may rewrite it sometime later but I was just in the mood to get this out there for now!

But I still hoped you somewhat enjoyed it! And Dark may have been ooc but oh well, I'll do better next time!

Thank you! ^•^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 603 56
A Linked Universe Reader Insert Fanfiction. This day was not going as you had planned. It probably was not going as planned for these travellers you...
17.5K 412 50
« Nothing will never do us apart. » It's been six months since I fell in love for the first time of my life. All of this because of him. Him, Link F...
15.2K 239 31
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── "ℑ'𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔯𝔰 𝔞𝔟𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲" ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── ᗯEᒪᑕOᗰE TO ᗰY OᑎEᔕᕼOT ᗷOOK ᗩᗷOᑌT TᕼE ᒪEGE...
165K 2.3K 22
!STORY IS IN ENGLISH! --very rarely going through and editing out some of my awful grammar and just making it more readable.-- I've no more inspirati...