[HIATUS] Chaos Ensues (Hololi...

By BonkOfficer

Poor Y/N, he just wanted to go to school! But Fate had other plans for him and he was met with such a.. an a... More

(1) weN gninnigeB!
(2) The Dragon And Its Companions
(3) Not Your Ordinary Friends
Valentine's Special
(4) Arleth
(5) Out in the wild
(6) HYSEA : The City Of Hymans I
(7) HYSEA : The City Of Hymans II
(8) Plus One!
(9) Sweet Home.. Not.
(10.2) We Meet Again
(11) Peek Me
(12) Finally Here

(10.1) We Meet Again

618 20 10
By BonkOfficer

════════════════════════════

"What about this one?" Flare asked, pointing at a poster on the bulletin board. It contained a quest to protect a carriage from this village to another village.

Y/N turned to Noel for some opinion. "I guess that one's fine for this newbie group. We wouldn't want any accidents happening in your first quest."

"Then, it's settled!"

Kanata clapped her hands and grabbed the poster off the bulletin board in a snap and ran to the desk. Y/N and the others followed after.

In front of them was a girl with short brown hair that perfectly rested on the top of her shoulders. There were red/pink markings on her face which, to Y/N, looked 'cool.'

"Good morning, adventurers! What may I do for you today?" She bowed with her hands kept on her waist. She had a soft voice with an upbeat tone.

"Morning, Azki-san!" Noel returned the sentiment and stepped forward as Kanata handed her the poster.

"We want to take this quest."

The girl behind the desk, Azki's mouth hung slightly open as the poster was presented on the top of the counter.

Y/N raised his eyebrow. "What? Is there something wrong?"

Azki shook her head with a smile. "Nothing's the matter, Mr. Adventurer. It's just that this is a request from my village."

Oh. I thought guild people were born in the kingdom and grew up in the kingdom, so this was a surprise.

"I see. Well, would it be alright to take this quest?"

"Even after seeing the amount of reward? Is it not too small for your liking, Mr. Adventurer?" Azki asked. She was certain no one would accept this quest with a measly reward so seeing 5 adventurers in front of her with the intention of taking the quest, it made her heart warm.

"No Hols are too small for food!"

"What she said."

Azki sighed with a smile. There's no need for further questions, it is their choice after all. "Alright then, let me punch this in for you four."

She bent down and grabbed a stamp which had the insignia of the guild and pressed it on the paper. The paper glowed and was transferred to our mind, it was imprinted as if it was a system.

"I will keep this. If you have successfully managed to deliver the cart, this paper and the quest in your heads should disappear."

"Thank you, Azki-san! We'll see you around."

Just like that, Y/N and the girls head off to the meeting place written on the poster. It was a short journey thanks to their endurance and agility.

They arrived at an open area, near the gate. They spotted a cart near the stacked logs and approached it, where they found an old man holding onto a rope that stabilized the horse. (Idk what they're called.. forgivevme).

"Are you Hanzo?" Y/N asked as they got nearer the old man.

"A-ahh.. Hanzo.." The old man scratched his head, "Yes. That is me.. Hanzo."

"Great!" Kanata clapped her hands. She really likes clapping her hands. "You see, we're adventurers that accepted your quest!"

Hanzo's eyes widened, in slow motion. "R-really? Ahh.. Thank goodness.. The kids at the village.. They're waiting for me."

"Would you be kind enough to lead us to your village, Hanzo-san?" Flare bent down to his height. Her eyes were soft as her gaze focused on the old man. Despite being an elf with a little dislike for Hymans, she's kind.

"Yes.. I shall lead you." He coughed.

"Great! Let's get going-"

"Noel! Noel!" The white haired knight was cut off by her comrade who ran up to her in a hurry.

"Noel, he's looking for you."

Noel furrowed her eyebrows as she frowned, "I can see that," She turned to the knight, "What is it?"

"Where are you going? You've neglected your post for some hours now! This isn't like you." The guard ranted. He turned to Y/N and his gloomy expression deepened further.

He approached Y/N and grabbed the collar of his shirt despite being shorter, "This is your fault, isn't it?!"

"Fran, stop it! This is no one's fault!" Noel pushed the man from Y/N and he stumbled back yet the anger in his face hasn't subsided.

"N-Noel.." His eyes seemed as if he was looking at someone he doesn't know. Sadness replaced his anger.

"Fran." Noel stood in front of Fran and looked down, "I am in a higher position than you and you dare doubt me and even suspect my comrade? Let me tell you Fran, with one minor whisper to the higher up that I can get you fired."

He bit the inside of his cheek, anger flamed his gaze as it landed on Y/N who was merely looking down at him. He stood up and dusted himself.

"I will be taking the day off today. Call John to cover up for me." Noel ordered once more before the guard walked away with bittersweet feelings.

═════════════════

"Was that alright?" Flare asked.

Supposedly we were gonna survey and follow from behind, but Hanzo asked us to enter instead. But just in case, I spread my mana in a bubble that encased us so that when an unknown object passes through, I'll be alerted.

"No idea," Noel shrugged, "It's my first time doing this after all."

"Noel-san was so cool! She drove away that bastard in an instant!" Kanata then did imitations of Noel's previous aura, which I must admit, was a little close to the original.

I looked at Hanzo's back. It seemed big. Was it because he's the village chief? The villagers must be relying on him often.

"Y/N, are you fine?" Flare's voice opted for me to turn back and face her. Her amber eyes gleamed with worry, "you've been awfully quiet."

Raising a brow, my lips lifted into a playful smile, "Haven't I always been quiet?"

"But not this quiet. Are yo-"

"Shh."

I pressed a finger on my lips to silence Flare. Something just stepped in my barrier. I leaned onto Hanzo and whispered for him to stop and I stepped out once he did and the gang followed.

I made it so that creatures with malicious intent would immediately be detected.

Flare and the others seemed confused about my actions and that's understandable. I spread my mana in quite a large radius afterall so I doubt their detecting skills would be able to pick up the goblins that surrounded us.

I turned to Hanzo.

"A-ahh.. Y-Y/N, are-.. Is everything alright..?" He asked, trembling at every word.

I shook my head. There was no need to sugarcoat, it is our job to protect this carriage at all cost after all. "There are goblins. They're planning to ambush us."

"Goblins? Again?" Flare placed her hands on her hips, "What's with you and ambush and goblins?"

"Has this happened before, Flare-san?"

Flare nodded, probably remembering our first encounter with each other which is a similar situation now.

"What do we do?" Noel asked me but I turned my head and pointed at Flare.

"She's the boss. You should ask her."

"Well, we should do what we usually do, right?" I tilted my head. What do we usually do? "We beat the crap out of them!"

A small smile graced my lips. She was right. What was I worrying about?

--

"There, here, here and there." I pointed at each place where the goblins were waiting for us. They were perfect. All of the parties are enough for four of us to handle each one on our own.

"Hmm, there are four teams in total.."

Flare studied the map I created with the knowledge I've gained from my mana bubble encasing the terrain.

"There are four of us as well. Do you get what I'm saying?" She raised her head and eyed each one of us.

"You're basically hinting that we solo each team."

Flare nodded, "As expected, Noel. Goblins are far below creatures that can harm us therefore they shouldn't be a problem, should they?"

"Of course." A laugh escaped my mouth. Crap. I regained my composure. "Little fries like them are undercooked, we should fry them some more."

"Whatever this guy said!"

═════════════════

"This quest was far below beginner's level.. It lacked some spice! I wanted to fight huge monsters like ogres and stuff!"

Flare's eyes dimmed as she glared at me. "Be careful of what you wish for, Y/N. You might end up regretting it."

"Y-yeah!" Kanata, who probably noticed Flare's deteriorating attitude butted in the middle, separating us and keeping us away from each other.

"Let's just be grateful, Hanzo-san got back to the village safely!"

Right. Did I hit a nerve? Or did I make her remember something unpleasant? I asked myself as Flare's demeanor changed. She became quiet.

Whatever it is, I'll apologize once we get home.

"You girls head on, I'll answer nature's call."

Getting a nod from Noel, I ventured into the forest outside Hanzo's village walls. I need to find the right tree or else I'll get a curse. I sighed as I did my business.

Yo, man.

Guh. It's you again.

This is some weird forest.

What do you mean?

Something familiar. As if it's calling me. A piece of me seems to be in this forest.

A piece of you?

I don't know how to explain, but be vigilant. We don't know what lurks in the shadows.

What? Can you elaborate?

...

Hey!

He isn't answering. That was strange. I zipped up and fixed my clothes before preparing to walk outside when a rattle from the bushes caught my attention.

I readied my stance and held my guard as I approached the bushes.

My heart beat faster than it had. Usually, you don't approach the things in these kinds of situations but this is another world, and I'm powerful enough to stand against a mercenary.

There shouldn't be any problem, right? Right?

Another rattle and I immediately blocked a shot with my arm guard. The pain shot in my stomach and I found myself planted on the trunk of a tree. I fell and held my stomach in pain as I coughed.

"Well, well, well." A familiar voice entered my ears, "As expected of Mister Y/N. A beautiful block indeed!"

Gerald?!

═════════════════
Grah, another update. To make up for the loss of chapter opportunities in the past!

What could Gerald possibly be doing in a forest outside Hanzo's village, Azki's hometown? Is there a connection between this and the fat bald man's request?

Find out more in the next chapter, 10.2: We Meet Again!

Enjoy, and have a wonderful day!

:^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 76 30
Shiori is on the hunt for a new Novelite helper, and brings you to her. What will happen next? How will you change? What experiences will you have? T...
12.2K 333 19
So this is what happens when the man, the legend himself, Yagoo, kindly asks an infamous assassin...a killer for hire to work as a body guard and hou...
77.5K 1.4K 35
This is my first story, so dont bash me too hard. You and your best friend Vanica Zogratis living together as powerful Vigilantes, trying to live a n...