The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

By Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... More

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 24: Serenity
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel

1.6K 90 61
By Lotus_Horizon

*December 14th, Aleera's POV*

  (Y/N) has really made some interesting friends in this city. Victoria offered to take Rachel to wait for (Y/N) with her, since it would be risky to keep her here. Although my sweet (Y/N) is still missing. I fear for his safety. Though, Verona trusted that he'd be alright and I have learned to trust her judgment. 

  A part of me worried for him though. I originally brought him here to keep him all to myself, in a way to isolate him. But it is amazing to have him being out and about. Especially now if Carmilla wants him. If Carmilla were to really come for him, there's nothing I could do to defend him. I have never felt this powerless. Dracula promised me that I'd never have to go through that weakness ever again.

  As time went on, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. Turning to meet face to face with Marishka. 

Marishka: You worry for him that much?

Aleera: Yes. I'd go searching for him. But since the holiday season is upon us, more and more people flood the streets. It would be odd to have one of Dracula's brides searching for someone like him.

Marishka: Hmm, I had forgotten about the holidays. All the Christmas' we've seen have all  been blurs to me. . . You think this one will be different?

Aleera: . . . I have a harrowing feeling that darkness is all that will be our gift this year. Now that Carmilla is awake, we are truly lost.

Marishka: She won't do anything drastic. She may be powerful, but she isn't stupid.

Aleera: It's less her strength that scares me, but her intelligence I'm worried for. . . I say, we enjoy the good while we have it. Having (Y/N) around has truly been a treat.

???: Even though we cannot protect him forever.

  I turn to see our elder sister Verona. She walks over to us, caressing our faces as she holds us closer.

Verona: There is no way we can keep him safe in Sleepy Hollow forever. If he is to survive, then he must be sent away. Somewhere Carmilla or any other lord or lady wouldn't think to find him. It's only a matter of time till Carmilla comes here herself to finish their line forever. 

  I wasn't for the idea of sending him away. It wasn't the best idea to me. Where would he even go? Would he really be safe without us to protect him?

Verona: We'll decide on this after the holidays. For now, let's do what Aleera said, and enjoy it while we can. He'll return to you Aleera. He always does.

*With Sutrah*

  I watched as Victoria worked tirelessly. Seemingly unable to get any progress on helping Rachel with her problem. It seemed that her science wasn't powerful enough to heal your mother's deep injuries.

Victoria: I am a failure. I couldn't help you whatsoever. I call myself a scientist yet I could not restore your legs!

  Victoria fell to her knees crying into Rachel' lap, making her recoil a bit. Victoria sobbed and sobbed as Rachel just looked down at her, not wanting to push her off. Rachel just lightly reaches her hand over Victoria's head. Lightly petting her head. It was such a sweet gesture, and it was clear that after a bit, Victoria clearly needing the motherly love.

Rachel: I-It's alright. . . I didn't expect this all too work anyway, no need to cry over something out of your control. Besides, it's only been a day. Something like this seems like it would take years of research and development. It's all a lot for one person.

Victoria: For normal people es. B-But normally with things lie this, I may have a breakthrough in SOMETHING by now! I'm such a disappointment!

  Victoria cried into Rachel's lap as she wasn't used to this kind of thing. I walked over and sat next to Rachel, rubbing Victoria's head to comfort her.

Sutrah: No need to fret. I am certain thou hath completed many feats worthy of thy name. Your elders would be proud.

  Victoria's face went sadder as she clings to Rachel's pant legs. Clearly wanting to say something. Instead she stands to her feet taking her glasses off and wiping her eyes.

Victoria: I apologize. MY behavior is extremely unprofessional. For that you have my deepest apologies.

  I walked over and held Victoria's hand and rubbing her back.

Sutrah: You should take a break for now. You may be undead, but you are running on nothing but sparks.

  She examines her hand as the voltage of her electricity was dying down, even I could see the dimness in her eyes. She clearly didn't want to, but she understood.

Victoria: What about Rachel?

Rachel: D-Don't worry about me. Just go rest.

  Victoria smiles a bit as she yawns and retreats from her laboratory. Leaving me with Rachel. I turned to her and moved closer to her. Sitting next to her. She seemed worried, I could feel her emotions from here. I place my hands on her face and turn her head to look at me.

Rachel: Stop that. What are you even doing?

Sutrah: You seem so worried. Worried and even confused.

  She gave me a strange look before moving her head away from me.

Rachel: I. . . . It doesn't matter. I just want (Y/N)with me. Once he's out of here, I plan on leaving.

Sutrah: You're leaving? Where will you go?

Rachel: Somewhere far from any monsters. I cannot fight to protect him, and I fail to think I could even protect him from Carmilla even in my prime. And with how he is now. . . I don't think he'll ever be ready for something like this.

Sutrah: You think he's not strong?

Rachel: No, he is strong. Just. . . I don't know.

  I rest my head on her shoulder.

Sutrah: Maybe talking would make thou feel more relived? 

Rachel: You're just a child. You wouldn't understand.

  I thought it over in my mind. I decided she might need to talk to someone else who would understand her. Someone who she can see as an adult figure. Since in her eyes, I am only a child in the physical form. But, maybe there is someone else. I may just know who.

*Meanwhile*

  Footsteps could be heard in the woods as a squirrel climbs out of the tree. The sounds of nature going on could bring about a feeling of peace for the time being. as the sunlit sky began to bleed into nightfall.

  A snap is heard in the distance as the squirrel looks up, staring around the forest area, unable to detect where the sound was from, only knowing that it was in danger. Low growling heard in the distance as it looked around. It's little heart beating with fear and anxiety, only for it to quickly be silenced, as something leaps out of the brush sinking it's teeth deeply into the squirrel's body. Immediately draining it of all of it's blood, and dropping it's lifeless corpse to the floor.

  The beast sniffed out more prey, this time smelling the blood of a young deer. Rushing through the forest and finding the same buck, not giving it time to react as it ripped it's throat out with it's bear teeth. Blood painting the forest floor as the bucks pointless struggles were ended in only seconds. This creature licked the blood and consumed some of the flesh of this poor animal, only seeming to be filled with glee.

  The creature stood up, snapping it's neck side to side, licking it's lips as it leaned against the nearby tree. Deeply breathing in and out. It's hand over it's chest as it carved it's claws into it's own flesh, only for the wound to heal slowly over seconds.

  Cold breath leaving the creatures body. Dark chuckles escape it as it crawls through the forest, merging into the darkness, it's eyes set on Sleepy Hollow. Entering the town, leaping along the rooftops. It sniffs the air, as it's aura radiates throughout the darkness. It's nose catching something, a sweet scent in the air.

  The only thing driving this monster was it's own instincts. A dangerous one indeed. Letting them guide it as it's nose leads it through the window of a manor. It's stone cold eyes stabbing through the night sky as it entered onto a gothic room. A woman sat at her desk, reading something important, not noticing the beast that had entered. 

  The beast draws closer as she continues t read, the beast having it's teeth bared, reflecting the light of the candle by her desk. IT reaches it's claws out for the woman, ready to consume it's prey. As it wraps it's arms around the woman and lightly bites her neck making her yelp with surprise.

Aleera: GAH! What the!?!?

Y/N: Surprise my beloved.

Aleera: (Y/N)? Where have you-

  She was cut off from a kiss as You picked her up into your arms, kissing her roughly before taking her to the bed, tossing her onto it and mounting her.

Aleera: W-What is all of this? Are you well?

Y/N: Never better. In fact my love, I have never felt more alive.

  You claw your shirt off as she can see your muscles now strengthened as your veins pulsate with blood, your long black claws out and ready. Aleera's nose picked up a scent in the air. Looking to you with surprise.

Aleera: OH (Y/N). What have you done?

Y/N: I have done what I needed. I am now stronger than ANYONE on this world. I was bitten, but apparently, something else changed me while I slept. I heard a voice call to me, all so distant yet so clear. I kept onto many other gifts apart from being a simple wolf. 

  You scratch at your chest as some of your blood drips onto Aleera.

Y/N: I have become what Carmilla won't dare threaten! MY blood may be a chimera like mix of so many other beasts, mutated beyond normal levels maybe. But look at me. I am better than before.

  The wound heals in seconds as you bare your fangs.

Y/N: I am like you, Marishka, and Verona. Only better than you three all put together.

  You wrap your fingers around Aleera's neck slowly as your eyes become visible to her in the darkness. Your once innocent and righteous golden eyes now painted in royal violet with the sclera as black as midnight. Such a rich color for such an evil entity.

Y/N: You said you held back when we first fought. Do you think you could beat me right now if we were to fight again? Or are you too afraid of what I am now. A hybrid with no weakness drawing it down. A blood hungry hell hound with a bite hotter then any flames of hell! I am. . . so much more than any of you. Aren't I?

  You remove your hands as you caress her face ever so lightly.

Y/N: Aren't I just perfect now?

  Aleera stared up at you stunned. She could feel a fear creep into her heart, but it wasn't like she was face to face with any other beast or creature of any kind before. Your presence felt threatening. You even bared the scent of someone she truly feared.

Aleera: What did this to you? You smell. . . like her.

Y/N: What? Don't be stupid. I am nothing like her. In fact. While you all twiddle your thumbs in this manor. I shall prove it. I'm going to go find Carmilla myself, and put an end to her long night.

  Aleera wanted to speak, but your voice radiated a force that she could not rival.

  You stood over her in the bed, leaping off and going to the closet, your nails scraping across the walls as go to the window.

Y/N: . . . You still love him. . . Don't you?

Aleera: W-What?

Y/N: Dracula. . . You may have tried to replace him with me, but as much as you all talk about him. You, Marishka, Verona. . . You still love him. I can never be what he was to you. . . Replacing him with someone who is apart of a line who took something you loved. . . Yet I never told you what you took from me. You monsters and all that. My father was killed by your kind. Mother never elaborated too much, but that was all I needed to know. For so long I wanted to hate you beasts, thinking you no better than devils. But now that I am one of you. . . I can see the appeal. This feels magnificent. 

  You turn to her as you stand in the opening of the window.

Y/N: I'll be back once I have dealt with Carmilla. Once I do, there will no longer be a ruler of the night. If anyone questions that, then I'll be the one they answer to.

  Your voice a low growl as you let out a smile, a swarm of bats surrounding your body as you vanish into the cold of night. Leaving Aleera left only to stare at where you were, tears filling her eyes as she grits her fists. Her fangs bared as blood drips down her cheeks. Her eyes glowing red with the white now black as she cannot hide her anger.

Aleera: What has that woman done to my beloved!?!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 723 15
She's unnatural, she's a freak but does she care, no. Shade has a secret that binds her to prince Velkan Valerious and his sister Anna. She is a hunt...
134K 4.3K 21
Van Helsing and Anna have been married for over hundreds of years. Cause of a curse placed on the by Dracula. They thought their finally rid of Dracu...
310 8 13
Alexander van Helsing, the well-known vampire hunter is a member of the Order of the Dragon. He's used to taking on missions where few would walk ou...
11K 264 15
Raven Van Helsing is a sixteen year old vampire hunter who is related to the Gabriel Van Helsing. She lives in the year 2110, where vampires have tak...