Island of Storms [Sakura]

By TheEmpress_Stella

After a major mission went horribly wrong, the Leaf shinobi were ordered to retreat and abandon those left be... More

Thank you for choosing this story!
Chapter 1 | Urgency
Chapter 2 | Unease
Chapter 3 | Rouse
Chapter 4 | Adjustment
Chapter 5 | Strength
Chapter 6 | Small
Chapter 7 | Comb
Chapter 8 | Secrets
Chapter 10 | Missive
Chapter 11 | Decisive
Chapter 12 | Bizarre
Chapter 13 | Raid
Chapter 14 | Recollection
Chapter 15 | Map
Chapter 16 | Guilt
Chapter 17 | Breakfast
Chapter 18 | Vision
Chapter 19 | Repaired
Chapter 20 | Rebuild
Chapter 21 | Faith
Chapter 22 | Terror
Chapter 23 | Anger
Chapter 24 | Home
Chapter 25 | Cargo
Chapter 26 | Paint
Chapter 27 | Vase
Chapter 28 | Tears
Chapter 29 | Drinks
Chapter 30 | Midnight
Chapter 31 | Wisteria
Chapter 32 | Passage
Chapter 33 | Race
Chapter 34 | Curry
Chapter 35 | Visitor
Chapter 36 | Revival
Chapter 37 | Homecoming
Chapter 38 | Transfer
Chapter 39 | Flight
Chapter 40 | Confess
Chapter 41 | Arrival
Chapter 42 | Family
Chapter 43 | Honey
Chapter 44 | News
Chapter 45 | Greeting
Chapter 46 | Learn
Chapter 47 | Arrangement
Chapter 48 | Isobu
Chapter 49 | Mail
Chapter 50 | Paper
Chapter 51 | Report
Chapter 52 | Shuji
Chapter 53 | Taste
Chapter 54 | Succession
Chapter 55 | Care
Chapter 56 | Victory
Chapter 57 | Letter
Chapter 58 | Raikage
Chapter 59 | Conference
Chapter 60 | Resignation
Chapter 61 | Freedom
Chapter 62 | Hachidori
Chapter 63 | Land of Fire
Chapter 64 | Matatabi
Chapter 65 | Patient
Chapter 66 | Cabbage
Chapter 67 | Dinner
Chapter 68 | Head
Chapter 69 | Wedding
Chapter 70 | Return
Chapter 71 | End
Act II
Chapter 10 and Life Update

Chapter 9 | Enevaration

134 10 0
By TheEmpress_Stella

"That's Naruto's chakra signature?" Sai asked as he entered the house from the porch.

"Completely different without me, isn't it?" the fox bellowed, turning to exit the front door of the home. Sakura quickly followed him, brushing past Kosai who was trying to decide whether or not he wanted to see the blond after what he had heard from the others. Kakashi exited the house followed by Sai, Kosai letting out a short grunt of frustration before following behind them.

Naruto had arrived rather quickly, coming to a stop a short distance from the house. Sakura crossed her arms and opened her mouth to speak, but her eye twitched as the blond attacked Kakashi and Sai with a hug.

Sakura felt detached as she watched her ex-teammate smile.

"Sakura, how did you get away from the ANBU?" she heard him ask, causing her to look at him. "I thought they would bring you back by the end of the day for sure!"

She bit her cheek, feeling her eyebrow twitch. "But they said you totally got away! Everyone was so surprised!"

The woman took a deep breath and turned to the small forest that sat next to the house. She began toward it, finding its silence alluring at that moment. "Sakura! Wait! You have to come back with us! The old lady said she wanted to talk to you about why you left! And Sasuke—"

"Go home, Naruto."

His face fell as his excitement diminished.

"Sakura, you—"

"Did Tsunade send you to find us?" Sai asked, rolling his paintbrush between his fingers as the woman made her way into the trees. "Or did you come to find Sakura yourself?"

"Well... I... I went to find Kurama... but he wasn't there. I didn't find anybody else either... So I decided to find Sakura..."

"And it took you a month and a half to come looking for me?" the fox growled, his arms crossed in disapproval. Naruto explained that Tsunade had kept everyone under close watch after Sakura had run off. She had finally let him go after he said he wanted to look for Kurama, but the fox snapped at him as he began to explain how he had left.

"You were enjoying not having me sealed in you!" Naruto flinched. "Admit it!"

"I—"

"You were enjoying not having to worry about being seen as a monster! Weren't you!?"

"That's not—"

"Don't try and lie to me! I was stuck inside of you since the day you were born! I know how you work!" the fox raged, the rest of the surrounding men creating distance between themselves and the Nine-Tails.

"Obviously I was a little bit!" Naruto snapped back suddenly before he deflated. "Of course it would feel different without you... But why the hell are you mad!? I came after you didn't I!? What the hell is your problem, you jerk!?"

"I almost got sealed again! That's my problem!"

"And what's so bad about that!? No one is hunting you when you're sealed right!?"

"Don't tell me you expected me to just accept being sealed again!?" the fox roared as he burst into smoke, his fox form towering over the house and blond in front of him. "You runt!! I ought'a eat you!!"

The fox and four men froze as a large tree smashed into the water, all of them except Kakashi watching as it sank below the water.

"Shut up!!" the woman shouted, the rest turning to look at her with Kakashi. Naruto was as white as a sheet, having seen the tree had been thrown past them, barely missing him by a few inches. "Just leave! To think you still think I'm too weak to handle myself! And I can't believe you even thought about resealing Kurama!! Just get the hell out of here!"

"Sakura! The old lady is going to put you on the wanted list! If you come back soon she won't! I'm trying to help!"

"She can go right ahead!" the woman yelled, seeming more tired of the situation than angry. "I am sick and tired of hearing the same thing every day! Of being turned down from missions and job opportunities!"

She placed her hand on her chest. "I beat a damn Akatsuki member! I think I deserve a little bit of respect!"

"What— Sakura! Don't be so selfish!" Naruto snapped.

"Selfish? Selfish!? I haven't been on a mission in a year! None of my applications are accepted! I've applied to work at the hospital over a dozen times and they told me they had everything under control!" she clenched her hands into fists. "I wasn't even told about the mission all of you went on!!"

"That's 'cause you've been busy! Everybody knows that you're still training under the old lady!"

"I finished that training two years ago! You bastard! Don't mess with me! I've been struggling to make ends meet and Kakashi has had to loan me money tens of times so I could keep my apartment!" Sai looked to Kakashi in surprise to find the man with his arms crossed, a look of disdain on his face.

"I realized I had been paying less attention to her progress compared to yours and Sasuke's a long time ago. I apologized. The rest of the village hasn't seemed to realize that they treat her poorly, even after being told about what they're doing," the man explained.

"She's the medic of the team!" Naruto defended, earning a glare from his teacher.

"That doesn't make her any less of a person! Or a kunoichi!" he retorted. "She's being treated similar to the way you were when you were a child! You of all people should see what she's going through."

"I am finally tired of people ignoring my achievements. Konoha is so inadvertently toxic and I refuse to take that kind of treatment any longer," Sakura finished, crossing her arms.

"I don't want to have to fight you, Sakura..." Naruto muttered.

"Don't worry," Kakashi started, the others were surprised that he abruptly had his hand over his ex-student's eyes, "you won't have to."

The others watched for a few moments as the two were quiet before Naruto slowly fell backward, a small cloud of dirt puffing upward as he hit the ground.

"Those hand signs were for a clan's jutsu," Sai muttered in surprise.

"I'll explain later," the older man interrupted, turning back toward them. Sakura gave him a concerned look regarding how much chakra he had just used, sweat collecting on his face. "I'll be fine..."

He took a breath. "He won't remember that he found us or that he headed toward this area. I'd suggest we get him out of here before tomorrow."

A snore was heard from the blond and Kakashi made his way inside.

╌❀✿╌╌💮╌╌✿❀╌

Kosai sat at the table with Inari, resting his head on the wood. He let out a sigh as he watched Sai paint on the deck. Kakashi apparently used way too much chakra on whatever he had done to Naruto and had been sleeping since the previous afternoon, Sakura keeping a close eye on him.

Inari did manage to get much more information out of his mother about his chakra being sealed or his kekkei genkai. He decided to give up for the time being, Tazuna not knowing enough about it to be able to question her. Sai and Sakura stayed up late the night before to write letters to some people back in Konoha.

Kosai wondered if he should write a note to Kurenai and Mirai. His little cousin was sure to be sad about him dying, Kurenai as well, of course. He decided against it in the end, as it was not as though they would never meet again and he did not have much happy news to share with them, except for the fact that he was alive.

Tazuna had gone into town and Tsunami was getting ready to prepare lunch. Iro would be coming over that day with the help of someone from town.

"All right, I finished re-reading the chapter!" Inari grinned, closing the textbook. Kosai made a poor attempt to look over to him. "Think we could get some practice in before Iro gets here?"

"Hmm? Yeah... Sure..."

Inari frowned as he looked at his friend.

"Are you thinking about Konoha?"

Kosai gave a heavy sigh, sitting up in his seat and slouching his shoulders.

"Yeah... I'm just thinking about what's going to happen."

Inari frowned and thought with him for a bit before he gave a grin in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Why don't we go ask Kurama if he can show us some cool jutsu that we've never seen before? When he gets back, I mean."

Kosai perked up at the thought and his shoulders lifted slightly.

"Sure, that sounds fun."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 14.7K 104
I was away at college/university for almost 7 years before returning to Konohagakure. I moved back in with my brother and got a part time job to star...
509K 14.5K 107
(Complete) Sasuke comes back to Konoha after a journey seeking atonement and redemption. Finally becoming the man his brother wished he will be, he d...
4.9K 243 11
For the first three years of her life, Sakura has only known the inside of the Senju compound, until a few days ago that is. Who knew all the unexpec...
416K 14.5K 30
Forsake- to quit or leave entirely: Forsaken- abandoned or deserted. Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Three members of team seven...