Summer Rain || J...

By wheredidmysanitygo

Calia the third Moon hunter since the moon amulets existence. Being Claire cousin, you found out about the w... More

- 0 -
- 1 -
-3-
- 4 -

-2-

10 0 0
By wheredidmysanitygo

Calia pov

I stood with Jim Toby and Claire in front of a wall, a wall I knew led to troll market. Jim turned to me and so did Toby, "now we need to set some ground rules, they aren't to happy with human-" Toby started. I gave him a look rolling my eyes. "Toby, who do you think sent me to find another heart stone?" I asked hands on my hips. "Uhm..." he thought, "Vendal!" I said throwing my hands up, "dang..."

"Ok then let's go." Jim spoke cautiously like I was a threat. We walked through the door and started down the stairs immediately. Once reaching the bottom I walked through troll market my destination the heart stone, where Vendal was. Looks were given from the trolls I passed. The other three hunters racing to catch up.

I turned a corner entering the heart stones core seeing Vendal standing over a table. I made my way over amulet in hand incase he asked who I was. I walked to the other side of the table, "Huntress." He said not lifting his head. I smiled softly he remembered me...

"Vendal, I have news." I spoke calmly as he stood up. "Ok then out with it." He said calmly holding his hands behind him.

"Back in New Jersey there is a heart stone bigger then the one we are currently standing in. There is no sign of life, nor troll step in the cavern. Me and my party looked around, there is a place for a hero's forage, and many many caves for the trolls to have home. And it it actually further away from the city. Barely any of the cavern reaches the city, but I was also informed that humans are unable to build on the land." I reported to the older troll. He stood silently listening, "is that all?" He asked.

"Actually, no I take it back. We had found a huge nest of gnomes but that might not be a problem. an occasional goblin but within the three years we were there we searched the gave 6 times in total. All the goblins were terminated. There are many places for homes and storage. We also check the walls of the cave, they are extremely hard to break though even by a troll. So trolls would be protected have a home and enough room. For when the time comes. I left to come back and my party set camp there and send me messages every morning and afternoon of there reportings." I said finishing.

"Interesting, I would like you to inform me of these reports. I must be informed in case anything comes up." He spoke walking around the area. "Of course, but with my life above I may not come every single day. If I am unable to come I will tell Jim or my cousin Claire. They will tell you." I smiled softly. "Thank you Huntress."

"Your welcome."

And with that I left the heart stone. Jim tony and Claire waiting. "Have you started training in the forge yet Jim?" I asked. Being around Vendal always made me sound formal for a while after. It was the tone I used around him to show respect. "Yeah why? Did Vendal ask?" Jim asked sounding anxious.

Is shook me head blinking for a moment, "good, but if you have looked through troll lore, Moon hunter and Troll hunter spare in the forge for practice, that was one of the main reasons it was built." I informed him. He gulped, "I'm guessing you've had lots of training?" He asked.

"Way more then you think I have. I have earned my weapons." I said walking with him to the forge. "Earned weapon's?" He questioned. "Once fully worthy your amulet can give you an arrangement of weapons. I have earned my bow, sword, and a shield." I said as we made it to the forge. Blinky and Aarrrgggghhh sat in the back awaiting my arrival.

"Huntress!"

Blinky smiled standing up and Aarrrgggghhh run over with a smiled "Moon!" He smiled, it was his own nickname and what he saw me as since I was the "moon hunter."

"Hey buddy, Hey Blink." I smiled to the two. "I see you have met our troll hunter!" Blink smiled holding out his four arms in excitement. "Yes indeed I have."

"Now as tradition, you must spare to determine who leads our arrangement." Blink smiled in joy. "Excuse me what? 'Leads?' I thought I already was leader?" Jim asked sounding rather offended. I looked at him, "and she has more weapons!" He said holding his arms out.

"You earned weapons? You earned weapons!" Blink clapped, "you both may use anything you have that comes with the armor. Jim with he granted a shied as u have one Huntress." I nodded grabbing my amulet.

"For the glory of merlin, Moonlight is mine to command." I said walking to one side of the arena. My armor appeared, a dark purple and red blended sound through the groves of my armor. I summoned my sword, it was a deep red with a rounder shape then the troll hunters, a moon at the end.

"For the glory of Merlin, daylight is mine to command." Jim said his armor appearing. He summoned his sword walking facing me, I could tell his anxiousness. I looked up to the cavern about the arena seeing Vendal. I was planning on going easy on Jim but Vendal is fully aware of my strengths.

3rd pov

Jim and Calia stood facing each other both having sword summoned. Jim had seemed to notice Vendal too and like Calia he was going going his all in this fight.

"Fight!" Blinky yelled. Claire strod with Toby, anxious. Calias power with that armor freaked her out.

They both let out battle cry launching at each other. Jim swung at Calia but she jumped over him kicking him in the back knocking him over, summoning her bow pointing it at his figure as he stood. He looked at her with a face of confidence charging at her again.

She leaped over him again shooting him in the back with an arrow. (NO THE ARROWS WONT HURT HIM THEIR JUST LIKE A FORCE BUT THEY HAVE A KICK IN THEM) He fell over again dropping his sword in conclusion. He reached for it but she kicked it out of reach. Using her sword she lifted his chin to look at her. She wore a grin of victory, a grin of accomplishment. Jim pulling his head away standing up.

"Give up or are you gonna charge again?" She said holding her sword in her right hand shield in left. He looked away, he'd lost. Lost to a girl he'd just met. Lost his position as leader. "Jim?" She asked this time letting her weapon and shield disappear. Exactly what he was waiting for. But she was onto him.

This tactic was used on he a few times and she learned to use it to her own advantage. He then turned to her charging again. Quickly summoning her shield she block the blow as he held it to the shield with force. "You really thought I'd fall for that?" She asked almost sounding seductive in the sentence turning her head.

His eyes widened at the statement and she took the moment to shove him back grabbing her bow shooting three arrows at his chest knocking him back towards the edge. "Fine you win!" He exclaimed getting close to the edge.

Vendal shook his head at the troll hunter walking into the darkness of the tunnel down. Calia extended her hand to him but he smacked it away, "I don't need your help." He glared. She held her hand looking down. 'I should have let him win... i messed up...' she thought looking down. Claire looked over with sympathy, Cal may be tough but she's human with emotions.

Calia tapped her amulet letting it fall to her hand. She turned to him this time with a cold stare. "If you don't need my help, good luck beating Bular. He's more of a challenger then me." She turned away taking a deep breath heading to the heart stone. She knew Venadal wanted to talk after the match. She could tell.

Jim just watched her head, watching as her hand shook. Maybe he he was a little harsh. He turned from the Exit of the Forge to see the rest of them glaring at him. "What?" He asked tossing his handing in the air.

"Jim, you just ruin our one chance of killing Bular!" Toby shouted. Claire walked by Jim with a stone cold glare, no wonder they were related. "Hurt my cousin again Jim and you can kiss your life goodbye..." and she left.

He did mess up

"I know I tried to hard! He lost all his faith in himself now!" Calia slumped down under the table by one of the legs. Vendal turned his head and with a gentle expression he spoke, "You weren't the only one to best him in battle, he and drall spared. He lost the first time, then won the second. I don't believe he will win a this second time..."

Calia looked up at him and came out from under the table. "Huntress, you must best him till he realizes he can not. best. you." He spoke down to her but encouraged her. Jim was certain he would beat her since he beat drall. "I know, it just hurts... the look in his eye... it was like a memory..." she sighed pulling herself together.

"I know that grief hasn't passed yet, but it will eventually and you will accept it. Life gives and takes all the same." Vendal paused, "Life took your parents and gave you the amulet; a sense of purpose was placed on you years ago."

"Thank you Vendal..." she smiled, "your welcome huntress."

"For the glory of Merlin, moon light is mine to command." She spoke, "looks like it's time I'll talk to them." Vendal nodded his head, and she walked out. She walked onto the cavern above the arena while Jim and Toby argued. Claire came up next to her.

"They keep arguing saying you were there only chance of killing Bular." She said softly. Calia looked over then down to the boys, "That's what they think of me?" She asked not taking her eyes away from the two. Claire only nodded looking at her. "A weapon. Just some girl to kill Bular then dispose of me?" She said holding a fist.

"Cal, you know that not what I mean." Claire said softly. "But it's what you said... they don't want me they want my amulets power." She could feel a lump in her throat and her armor fell. Claire picked up the amulet handing it to her. "But I want you here with us Cal, you my cousin and my best friend... I need you here..." Claire explained kindly.

Calia looked over at her and sighed, "fine but I'm coming back for you not for them." She said walking with Claire back into the arena.

Jim and Toby continued bickering, Aarrrggghhh and blinky watched unamused. Claire coughed getting their attention. Jim and Toby looked over, Toby in relief, Jim in shock then turned into envy. "Look who's come back for a rematch." Calia stepped up to him only a few feat apart before her armor appeared on its own. "You may have best drall in the end but I'm not troll, nor no man, and I won't back down to a fight that you're asking for. You won't beat me without proper training. No offense blink." Calia gave him a stare sending chills down his spine.

"No worries Huntress."

"Moon scary..." Aarrrggghh shuttered. "Your right wingman..." Toby sighed.

"Good, and I will beat you. Just watch." He challenged.

"To your positions." Blinky sighed. He knew the girl to well. She watched his maneuvers like a hawk one move and she knew his whole plan. "Fight!" He yelled.

Calia stood as Jim charged at her. She watched amused as he got close she stepped one way and he went falling forward. "Falling already I haven't even hit you." She grinned. He got to his feet but she was nowhere in sight. She turned as she walked back to back with him silent as a mouse.

The whole arena was Silent.

Vendal now watching from the stands. He smiled at her tactic. She found a blind spot, out of his peripheral vision. He then stopped, listening for breathing, she had that covered too. Summoning her bow and arrow she shot one at him sending him flying into a wall. Walking closer she shot four more. Then once six feet away from him she stopped and he fell to the ground in pain.

"Give up yet?" She asked.

"No." He answered.

"Very well." She said shooting one more arrow at him.

Walking to a spot on the other side of the arena she sat crisscrossed waiting for him to sit up. Claire and Toby watched in fear that she took it to far. Then he stood up for a moment, and she realized there was something wrong. She took it to far.

Once Jim was good enough to go back home Claia was already outside the entrance to Troll market. She as sitting passed out with her knees up to her chest arms holding them in a sort of hug. Jim looked at the girl, 'should i wake her?' He thought.

Jim then came to a conclusion, Claire would worry and so would Claire's parents. His better judgment kicked in and he shook her shoulder. "Hm?" She squinted looking at his blurred figure. "What?" She asked able to see him fully.

"Claire already went home, she told me to wake you up." Jim lied. "I see you wouldn't have enough gut to do it on your own." She grabbed her helmet. "Cute bike." She smirked under her helmet. "Haha. So funny." He rolled his eyes. She shook her head taking off home.

On her way home Calia started to think. If she had let him win would that have gone differently? A loud noise broke her from her thoughts looking behind her. "Moon Hunter surrender the Amulet of Moonlight and I'll give you a speedy death!" Bular declared letting out another roar. "Never!" She screamed at him taking off on her bike.

Bular raced after her and she turned one way and disappeared. She hid her motorcycle in an alley, "for the glory of Merlin Moonlight is mine to command." She said, looking around the corner. She then leapt to the roof aiming an arrow at the beast. "Bular!" She heard Jim yell. He held the sword of daylight inn front of him in a stance.

"Troll hunter! I see the Moon hunter has met you..." he growled looking around the area for the girl. She shot an arrow into his arm and he let out a cry of pain. Calia leaped next to the Trollhunter glaring straight ahead. "I'll kill you and take your amulets-" he started. "Yeah yeah we get free your daddy and be a happy family but not everyone gets what they want. And we're not giving you the amulets!" She yelled.

Jim nodded in agreement and Bular charged at the two. They spit always and Calia hit Bular with countless arrows as he and Jim fought. The gumm-gumm turned to the girl only getting an arrow to the eye then another in the other. "Cmon Jim!" She screamed grabbing her motorcycle. He climbed on the back and she sped off. They ended up stopping at his road.

"Thanks for that, if you haven't had done that we would have died." Jim said robbing the back of his neck. "Yeah I know Jim, I told you he's hard to beat. Tolls HES gone I'm sorry but I will be leading the trollhunters. You can be second in command though." She gave him a small smile.

"Yeah sure. I'll see you tomorrow..." he yawned, "see you." And she drove off leaving him on the side walk. He didn't know wether to be happy or to be upset. He lost his role in his group to a girl he barely knew with an amulet that he knew nothing about. "Moon hunter?" was he crazy, but it made sense.

Calia yawned taking off her helmet and turning off the motor bike. She walked into the house helmet under her arm. "You missed dinner." Her aunt spoke from the kitchen. "Sorry I get distracted..." she yawned again. "I'm going to bed..." she sighed, "night."

"Sleep well..."

She walked up to her room changing into a crop top and shorts getting comfortable under her blanket. She sighed looking at the ceiling closing her eyes drifting off to sleep.

Jim on the other hand went straight to Toby's. Toby opened to door, letting Jim inside. "Dude you look awful." He said as they entered his bedroom. "I know Bular just attacked me and Calia." He sighed sitting in the chair Toby had in his room.

"She has a sword but stayed on the roof of some building while I fought him shooting arrows at him!" Jim exclaimed burring his face in his hands. "But I have to thank her she did save us both. She shot arrows into his eyes!" He chuckled.

"Ooh that's gonna hurt in the morning." Toby grimaced, Jim nodded. "theres more about her then any of us know..." Jim sighed, "what do you think she's with the gumm-gumms?" Toby let out a breathless laugh. "I mean she has the amulet of moonlight, but daylight and moonlight are opposites so I see Merlin's point in making them." Jim explained.

"Moon good, she's nice." Aarrrggghh argued giving them looks. "We're not saying she isn't but she was gone for three years big guy..." Toby explained.

Jim stood up with a yawn, "I'll see you later Tobes, I'm tired." He said waving to

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 7K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
98.9K 2.9K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
191K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
140K 5.8K 102
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...