The Rubber Hero: My Hero Acad...

By yDave16

This is the story of Y/N. Izukus's best friend and almost brother, and Bakugo's weird rival. See his journey... More

Bio
Origins
Training for U.A.
Love Interest winner
U.A Practical Exam and first day
End of First day / Battle Practice
Class rep / USJ #1
USJ
Prepare for the U.A Sports Festival!
U.A Sports Festival!
Cavalry Battle
Second andThird Rounds / Y/N vs Bakugo/ End of Sports Festival
Hero Names
Internships 1
Internships 2

Battle Tournament starts

1.5K 52 15
By yDave16

Y/N, Deku and Todoroki are seen in one of the many aisles of the coliseum. Shoto stood on one side of the aisle with a serious expression on his face, while Deku and Y/N stood at the other side.

Y/N: "You brought us here. So, what do you want?"

Deku: "What did you want to talk about?"

Shoto didn't answer and just stared at them.

Deku: "If we don't hurry, the cafeteria will probably be really crowded..."

Y/N: "WHAT?! OH, HELL NAH!"

He looked at Shoto.

Y/N: "BOI, YOU BETTER SPEAK NOW OR IMMA LEAVING!! I AIN'T MISSING THE FOOD!!"

A couple of seconds of tense silence went by, until, finally, Todoroki spoke.

Shoto: "I was overpowered. So much so that I broke my pledge."

Y/N: "...Huh (0<0?)"

Deku: "He didn't use it even if it would be to his advantage... His left side..."

Shoto: "Iida, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami, Uraraka... None of them felt it. At that last instant, I was the only one who was overpowered. Only me who had experienced All Might's full power up close."

Deku: "What... does... that mean?"

Y/N: *Heavily sweating* "Ooooh, shiiiit!!! He's gonna figure it out!!"

Shoto: "It means I felt something similar coming from you."

Deku and Y/N gasped.

Shoto: "Midoriya, are you..."

Y/N: "AAAHH!!! IT'S OVER!! I'M SORRY, IZUKU!!" He said while tightening his fist, and getting it ready to knock out Shoto. 

Shoto: "...All Might's secret love child or something?"

Deku: "Secret...?!"

Y/N: "...Love child...?!"

Moments later, Y/N burst out in laughter as he falls to the ground while holding his stomach.

Y/N: "HAHAHAHA!!! SECRET...!! SECRET LOVE CHILD!! HAHAHAHA!!! OH, MY GOD!!! THAT WOULD BE A DREAM FOR IZUKU!! HAHAHAHAH!!! I... I CAN'T BREATHE!!" He punched the ground while laughing and holding his stomach.

Shoto: "Well? Are you?" He asked Deku

Deku: "Th-That's not it! I mean, even if I was, I would say I wasn't, so I don't think you'd believe me, but anyway, that's not how it is... In the first place, let me ask you something... Why do you think that about me...?"

Y/N: *Finally done laughing* "Also, why am I here, Todoroki?"

Shoto: "Since you said 'that's not how it is,' that means there's a connection between you two that you can't talk about, right? Or maybe even you three..." He finished while looking at Y/N.

Shoto closed his eyes for a moment.

Shoto: "Endeavor's my old man. I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero for forever. If you have something from the number one hero, then I... have even more reason to beat you. And you, Y/N, not only are you Midoriya's friend, but I've also seen what you're capable of during the battle practice and the cavalry battle. And know this, I will not let you surpass me."

Y/N looked at Shoto with a serious expression.

Shoto: "My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero, he won a name for himself with crushing force. Because of that, the living legend, All Might, is a great eyesore to him. Since he couldn't Surpass All Might, he moved onto his next plan."

Deku: "What are you talking about, Todoroki...? What are you trying to tell us?"

Shoto: "You've heard of Quirk marriages, right? That thing that became a problem for the second and third generation after superpowers appeared. Choosing a spouse based only on strengthening your own Quirk and passing it onto your children, forcing people into marriage. The old-fashioned way of thinking brought about by a lack of ethics. He is a man with both accomplishments and money. He won over my mother's relatives and got a hold of my mother's Quirk. He is trying to fulfill his own desire by raising me to be a hero to surpass All Might.
It's so annoying... I won't become the tool of scum like that." He spoke with venom in his voice.

Shoto: "In my memories, my mother is always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly' my mother said as she poured boiling water on me."

Deku and Y/N widen their eyes, shocked to hear what he had just said.

Shoto: "Basically, I picked a fight with you to show him what I can do, without using my damn old man's Quirk. . . No . . . I'll reject him completely by winning first place without using it."

None of the three boys present had noticed that Bakugo was behind a corner nearby, listening to the conversation with a bit of shock.

Todoroki begins walking away.

Y/N: "Todoroki!!"

Todoroki stops and slightly turn to Y/N. Y/N's eyes were shadowed by his Straw Hat.

Y/N: "I won't lie to you by saying that I understand what you went through. I could never get it. As far as I remember, the first years of my life, I was always alone, without any parents, or a family. Or at least I was, until I met Izuku when I was 4 years old. Ever since then, they've supported me, and they're the reason that I've decided to go down this hero path. I'll be honest with you, I don't know what my dream or final goal is, besides becoming a hero. But, I do know that I have to keep on getting stronger, so that I won't lose any of the people that I care about. Whether they be family or friends. So know this..."

Y/N walked towards Shoto. He grabbed his hat and raised it a little, allowing Shoto to fully see his face.

Y/N: " I won't be holding back in the finals, Todoroki."

Deku looks at Y/N in shock.

Deku: "If this were a comic, they'd be the main characters. That was some backstory they had. Compared to that, what could I say...?"

As Y/N and Shoto were staring down at each other, Deku walked up to them.

Deku: "I...!"

Y/N and Shoto turned towards Deku.

Deku: "I have always been supported by others. That was the case earlier, too. I am here because of the people who have supported me. Saving people with a fearless smile, the greatest hero... All Might. I want to be like him. In order to do that, I have to be strong enough to become number one. My motivation seem trivial compared to yours, but I can't lose, either. I have to live op to the hopes of those who supported me. That declaration of war you gave earlier... I'll return that. I will beat both of you!"

Deku clenches his fist with determination.

Todoroki stares at Midoriya, while Y/N smiles widened a bit. Todoroki then continues to walk away. Midoriya turns towards Y/N.

Y/N: "You'll beat me, huh?"

Deku: "Y-Yeah!!"

Y/N: "Shishishi!! I'm excited to see that!" 

Y/N extended his fist and Luffy answered by connecting fists with Y/N.

Y/N: "Now, even if we fight each other, there are other priorites right now. FOOOOODDD!!" He ran off.

Deku: "AH!! Y/N WAIT FOR ME!!" He quickly followed Y/N.

 - Time Skip brought by Izuku holding onto Y/N's arm, and getting dragged towards the Cafeteria-

P.M: "Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last game! But before that, there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals! This is just a sports festival! So we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too! We even brought real cheerleaders from America to liven things up! Huh?"

Aizawa: "What are they doing?"

For some reason the girls of Class 1A were wearing cheerleader outfits

P.M: "What's the matter, class A? What kind of fan service is that?"

Kaminari and Mineta give each other thumbs up as they tricked the girls.

Momo: "Mineta!! Kaminari!! You tricked, us didn't you?! *Falls to the ground* Why am I always caught up in Mineta's schemes? I even used Creation to make the outfits. . ." She lamented, while Uraraka rubbed her back.

Jiro: "Those guys are so dumb!" She threw the pom poms to the ground.

Hagakure: "Well there's still time before the finals, and it'd be a pain if things got tense. It's fine! Let's do it!" She said while dancing.

Jiro: "What?!" She blushed in embarassment.

Tsuyu: "Toru, you like this, huh?"

The girls heard someone laughing, and they turned towards Y/N, who was walking towards them, while eating a piece of meat.

Y/N: "Hahaha! So, you all got tricked, huh?"

Uraraka: "Yeah. . ." She answered with her head down in shame.

Y/N: "Shishihsi!! Doesn't matter. You all look great in those outfits, especially you, Mina."

Mina: "Huh?!" She was caught off-guard by Y/N's comment, and a small purple blush made its way to her cheeks.

Y/N walked away while chuckling and still eating. Mina kept looking at Y/N while he walked away. Meanwhile, Uraraka and Tsuyu began whispering to each other.

Tsuyu: *Whispers* "Did I hear that correctly, kero?"

Uraraka: *Whispers* "I heard it too! Do you think he's...?"

Tsuyu: *Whispers* "He might be. And, it looks like his words had an effect on Mina."

Uraraka and Tsuyu looked at Mina, who had her face hidden in her pom poms; However, if you looked closer, it would look like there was a small nervous smile on Mina's face.

P.M: "All right, everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games! When that's over, the sixteen from the four teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style, one-on-one!"

Y/N: "WOO-HOO!! THINGS ARE GETTING EXCITING!!"

Mina: "Was it a tournament last year?"

Sero: "It's different every year, but there's a one-on-one competition every year. Last year, it was a sports chanbara match."

Midnight: "Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket. Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now, from the first place team--."

Ojiro: *Lifts arm* "Um..! Excuse me. I'm withdrawing."

Everyone was shocked to hear that.

Deku: "Ojiro, why?"

Iida: "This is a rare chance for pros to see you!"

Ojiro: "I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end. I think it was that guy's Quirk. I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it..."

Deku: "Ojiro..."

Ojiro: "But-- Everyone here competed by giving their all! I can't... I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened."

Hagakure: "You're worrying too much about it! You should just make sure you produce results in the finals!"

Mina: "If you're gonna say that, I didn't do anything either."

Ojiro placed a hand on his face.

Ojiro: "That's not it... I'm talking about my pride here... I can't..."

Iida, Deku and Y/N seemed to understand.

Ojiro: "Also, why are you guys wearing cheerleader outfits?"

Class 1A girls: *Depressed aura* "Gulp!"

Shoda: "I'm Nirengeki Shoda from Class B. I also want to withdraw for the same reason. Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of this sports festival for those who didn't do anything to move onto the final round?"

Kirishima: *Tears in his eyes* "What's with these guys?! They're so manly!"

Y/N:"..."

The students waited for Midnights response.

Midnight: "Youthful talk like that is something. . .I like! Shoda! Ojiro! I accept your withdrawal!"

Everyone "She decided based on her tastes...!"

It was decided team Tetsutetsu would be fighting in the final round. And now, the students facing of against each other was decided.

Tetsutetsu vs Kirishima

Kirishima/Tetsutetsu: "Again?! This is too redundant!"

Y/N vs Yaoyorozu

Y/N: "Noice! Let's give it our all, Yao-Momo!" He grinned at her.

Momo: "Th-That's what I want!"

Ashido vs Aoyama

Aoyama: "Merci. Too bad you got me as your opponent." He winked at the camera.

Mina: "You mean, too lucky!"

Shinso vs Midoriya

Sero vs Todoroki

Bakugo vs Uraraka

Bakugo: "Huh? Uraraka?"

Uraraka: "EEEEEEEEEHHHH!!" She gasped in fear.

Iida vs Hatsume

Hatsume: "Are you Iida?" She walked up to him.

Iida: "Hm? Indeed, I am Iida."

Hatsume: "Oh good! Actually..." Her eyes began shining like stars.

yDave: "Let's skip the match!!"

It was the moment everyone was waiting for. The tournament round of the sports festival. The first match was Deku vs Shinso, with Midoriya being the winner. Y/N was screaming and panicking the whole fight, seeing that Deku was about to walk out of the ring, but he was able to breathe easy when Deku won.

Deku made it back to the Class 1A seats in the crowd. The next match was Shoto vs Sero. Midnight starts the fight as Sero uses his tape and swings Shoto around. Y/N pulled out a piece of meat while watching the fight. He opened his mouth, ready to bite the food. However...

Shoto: "Apologies."

Shoto used his ice and freezed almost half of the stadium.

Unfortunately for Y/N, the meat that he was about to eat got pierced by the ice, and was frozen.

Y/N: "NOOOOOOO!!!!" He comically cried while holding the frozen meat.

Mina got close to Y/N and rubbed his back.

Mina: "H-Hey. Don't worry it's probably still good."

Y/N: *Sniffs* "You really think so?" He asked with tears in his eyes.

Mina: "Of course I do! Maybe if you just--."

She was suddenly interrupted when the meat in Y/N's hands cracked and shattered into many pieces.

Deku: "Uh oh... Everyone cover your ears!!" He quickly warned his class as he covered his own ears and everyone followed his example.

Y/N: 

His screamed resonated throughout the stadium and some birds nearby flew away scared.

Any who, Shoto won.

The next match was Kaminari against Shiozaki from Class B. Shiozaki won, thanks to her vine-hair.

???: "What's that? Didn't he say he'd settle this in a second? That's strange, he was defeated in a second, wasn't he? Class A is supposed to be better than class B, so isn't that weird?"

Y/N: "Bitch, you looking for a fight or something?!" He yelled comically angry while being held back by Ojiro and Kirishima.

Suddenly, the guy got knocked out by someone a girl of Class B

???: "Sorry about that!"

Class 1A: *Sweat drop*"What was that just now?"

Y/N suddenly fel a chill run down his spine. He turned towards Deku and his fears were confirmed.

Y/N: "Oh, god. . . They're back."

A bunch of "mutters" appeared in the air and began flying around. The source? Deku, of course.

Uraraka snapped Deku out of his trance. The next match was Iida vs Hatsume, and. . . welll . .  let's just say that there was no match. Just a comercial for Hatsume's products, and Iida was the test dummy. Once she was satisfied, Hatsume walked out of the arena.

The fith match was Aoyama vs Mina. Mina won, by melting Aoyama's belt and uppercutting the poor guy. Y/N internally cheered for Mina the entire match and was happy that she ended as the winner. Also, he quickly knocked out Mineta with a punch when he cursed not being able to see Mina with her clothers destroyed.

Y/N: "Welp, looks like it's my turn."

He jumped out of his seat and made his way to the arena. While walking through the hallways, he encountered Mina; However, seeing that his match would soon start, the two, with just their eyes, agreed to high-five and keep walking their own way.

P.M: "A kid with a rubbery body, inhuman levels of strength and durability!! It's (Y/N) (L/N)!! Versus... All-purpose Creation! She was admitted through recommendations, so her abilities are certified! From the hero course, it's Momo Yaoyorozu!!"

At the Class A stands Deku was ready to take notes from the match.

Ojiro: "Midoriya, what do you think of this match?"

Deku: "I'm not sure. Y/N has a wide variety of attacks and techniques. So, it's hard to predict his moves.

Ojiro: "I see..."

Back at the stage.

Yaoyorozu: "It's just as Mr. Present Mic says, I'm up against Y/N. His strength and durability are way above human standards. I've seen a few of his techniques, but he could always have more. If I create a simple shield that doesn't take much time, will it be enough to block Y/N's attack? Maybe, if I just give myself enough time to make a weapon--."

P.m: "Sixth match, start!"

Y/N: "Here I go!!"

Y/N charges towards Yaoyorozu and cocks and arm backwards. Yaoyorozy quickly creates a shield.

Y/N: "Gomu-Gomu no Pistol!!"

Y/N's hand makes contact with Yaoyorozu's shield, leaving a dent in it.

Momo: "Next a weapon--"

She tries to create a weapon; However, Y/N is faster and fires another fist towards her, pushing her backwards and making her drop her shield. Forcing her to create another one.

Y/N: "Gomu-Gomu no Whip!!"

Y/N stretched his leg and swung it sideways towards Momo, who blocked the attack with her shield. Despite blocking the attack, Momo got pushed sideways. Once she stopped moving, Y/N retracted his leg and stayed still.

Momo: "His attacks have stopped? Now!" She began creating a weapon.

Midnight: "Yaoyorozu! Out of bounds!"

Momo looks confused and looks down to see that she was, indeed, out of bounds.

Midnight: "Y/N advances to the second round!"

P.M: "An overwhelming victory! A completely overwhelming victory!! Y/N's rubbery quirk, could it be the greatest Quirk ever?"

Y/N: "Yosha!!" He cheered before walking away from the arena.

Momo: "No... I couldn't do anything... Nothing..." She looks down with sadness.

At the Class A Stands

Deku: "Y/N's too amazing. I can't believe that just by focusing his attacks on the shields Yaoyorozu made, he forced her out of bounds."

Ojiro: "He was trying not to hurt her? That's how easy it was for him, huh? She must feel really frustrated..."

On the Stadium's Hallways

Momo walked through the hallway, as she looked down in disappointment; However, she heard some steps heading towards her. She raised her head and saw Y/N coming towards her. She stopped walking and tightened her fists, as some tears began making their way to her eyes. Betraying her wish to look angry or at least strong.

Y/N: "Yao-Momo."

Momo: "Are you here to gloat or something?"

Y/N: "..."

The tears began flowing, sliding down her cheeks.

Momo: *Sniffs* "I. . . I couldn't do anything. You. . . You were too strong for me. And I know its petty of me to feel this way! And I'm sorry! But. . . to see how easy it was for you to beat me. It's. . .!!" She covered her face with her hands, trying to hide her face from Y/N.

She was expecting for Y/N to laugh at her, or hopefully walk away. But, what he did, was something she did not expect. Y/N extended his hand and flicked her forehead.

Momo: "Hey!! What was that for?" She reclaimed while holding her forehead.

Y/N: "For being an idiot!" He responded in a child-like manner.

Momo: "I beg your pardon?!"

Y/N: "Why are you apologizing? It's completely fine if you feel angry at me. Just like you said, I beat you."

Momo lowered her head in shame.

Y/N: "So, what are you going to do about it?"

Momo: "Huh?" She looked at Y/N in confusion.

Y/N: "Yao, I'm not gonna apologize for winning. And you shouldn't apologize for losing. I don't think you've realized it yet, but you are incredible!"

Momo chuckled dryly.

Momo: "I appreciate the sentiment. But, you're just saying that to make me feel better."

Y/N: "No. Look." 

Y/N extended his fist towards Momo. Revealing that his hands were a bit red, due to hitting her shields.

Y/N: "I was surprise at how tough those shields of yours were! I usually can hit through a wall of cement without much issue, but the fact that my hand is bruised, shows that you were able to make tough shields in no time!!"

Momo kept staring at Y/N's hand with a bit of surprise.

Y/N: "I don't want our battle to discourage you and make you doubt yourself. I want you to use it as a motivation to train and get stronger!" He said while flexing his arms.

Y/N: "So, I ask again, what are you going to do?"

Momo thought about it for a moment, before taking a deep breath and looking at Y/N with a determined look.

Momo: "I'll get better. I shall keep on training and studying."

Y/N nodded.

Y/N: "Good. And, personally, I recommend that you train your reaction time, and how long it takes you to create an object like a weapon. That way, you can determine what's the best course of action."

Momo nodded, now smiling.

Momo: "Thank you, Y/N."

Y/N: "Any time!" He smiled as the two headed to the Class 1A stands.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405 24 16
Y/n Bakugou, a young hero in the making, with her twin brother katsuki and her best friend izuku by her side will they be able to navigate not only t...
404K 13.3K 97
Burn me twice. Sequel to Burn Me (Bakugo x Reader).
313K 9.4K 6
You spent your childhood defending your best friend, Izuku, claiming that one day the two of you will be a pro hero duo - not caring that your friend...
93 3 5
After his mother's death Akarui Kagayaku had lost his drive to become a hero, until one day he was saved by Izuku Midoriya who inspired him to become...