thelxiepeia | s.stilinski

By elsiecherry

lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other be... More

before you read
contents
graphics
part one
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
part two
cast list
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
interlude
part three
cast list
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six

chapter four

1.4K 62 74
By elsiecherry

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 1.04 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'stiles. i don't think bullet wounds are contagious. if it makes you feel better though, i have a face mask in my bag?'

✧༺♥༻✧

After a sleep that Lottie couldn't help but feel was unsatisfactory, she found herself back in school, sandwiched between Scott and Stiles who were talking across her.

"If Derek's not the Alpha- if he's not the one who bit you- who did?" Stiles asked.

"I'd like to point out, I did tell you this weeks ago. At least about him not biting Scotty anyway." Lottie butted in raising her hand.

"I don't know." Scott sighed.

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?"

"I don't know."

"Does Allison's dad know about the Alpha?" Stiles continued to press until Scott snapped.

"I DON'T KNOW!" He shouted, causing the entire class to turn to look at the trio making the boys sink into their seats whilst Lottie smiled and waved at everyone that looked.

"Dude, you need to study more." Stiles added unhelpfully, leaning over Lottie to see that Scott had got a D minus on their latest exam.

"I think he has a lot on his plate, don't you?" Lottie pointedly asked Stiles.

"That was a joke. It's one test. You need help studying?" Stiles continued, smiling at his friend.

"I'm studying with Allison at her house after school." Scott explained.

"That's my boy." Stiles jeered immaturely.

"It's just studying."

"No, you're not." Stiles refused.

"I'm not?"

"You are, Scott. Ignore him, massive horn dog." Lottie rolled her eyes.

"You're not studying if I'm forced to live vicariously through you. If you go to her house and squander that colossal opportunity I'll have you professionally de-balled. Got it?" Stiles explained as Lottie slammed her head onto the table, failing to make a hard impact as Scott slid his books under her head.

"Yes. If you stop with the questions."

"Done. No more talk of Alphas or Derek. Especially Derek." Stiles agreed, sending a positive thumbs up to the boy.

"Lord, please let Stiles get laid soon. I can't cope." Lottie mumbled.

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie was walking alone to her locker, glad for the peace which was quickly disturbed once when she saw the most peculiar sight. A very pale and sweaty Derek talking to Jackson. Knowing this was probably something to do with Scott she headed over to the boys.

"Okay, tough guy. How about I help you if you tell me what you're selling him?" She overheard Jackson blackmail Derek, she smiled, knowing it was going to piss off the werewolf. "What is it? Dianabol? HGH?" Jackson pushed.

"Steroids." Derek deadpanned.

"No, Girl Scout Cookies. What do you think I'm talking about? And by the way, whatever else you're selling? I'd stop sampling the merchandise. You look wrecked."

"Please tell me you don't seriously believe Scott is on roids, Jackass?" Lottie interrupted.

"Well there's no other explanation."

"Practise and lots of it. Now scram, the smell of desperation is making my nostrils ache." Lottie smiled sweetly.

"We're not done here-"Jackson started, getting cut off as Derek lunged for him and pushed him against the lockers by his neck.

"Okay! Time to go." Lottie said, tugging on Derek's arm as he reluctantly let go. "You okay, Jackass?" She asked, turning back to face him. She didn't hate the guy, she just hated how entitled he was, it's not like she actually wanted real harm to come to him. When she received a stunned nod she grabbed Derek by the arm and tugged him towards the exit. "So Clifford, why the long face?"

"I need Scott." He muttered through gritted teeth.

"That's cute. Any reason why?" She asked as he fell into her side. She slung his arm around her shoulder as she led them to where Stiles' Jeep was.

"Just get me to Scott." She stopped walking and turned to give him a pointed look. "Please." He grunted.

"Much better. Let's go." She guided them to Stiles' jeep, standing in front of it as he began to pull away causing him as well as every car behind him to slam their brakes. Lottie waved at Stiles as she struggled to hold Derek's weight.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked as he made his way over from the bike rack, trying to tug him off Lottie who just held on tighter, shaking her head at the boy.

"Dude, he's not looking too good." Stiles added, sticking his head out the car window.

"I was shot." Derek panted.

"What? Why didn't you say that, you idiot?" Lottie gasped out.

"Why aren't you healing?" Scott asked.

"I can't. It was a different kind of bullet-"

"A silver bullet?" Stiles asked eagerly as he got out of the car.

"No, you idiot-" Derek sassed.

"Hey, don't call him an idiot, idiot. Only I can call him an idiot." Lottie defended, adjusting the giant of a man leaning on her as he began to get too heavy for her to hold. "Can someone give me a hand?"

"Wait a second. That's what she meant when she said 48 hours." Scott said.

"What? Who said 48 hours?"

"The woman that shot you."

Derek sucked in a sharp breath before exhaling and letting his eyes glow a fluorescent blue... in the middle of the packed school parking lot.

"What are you doing? Stop that." Scott continued.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you. I can't."

"Can someone please help me hold him up, my back is starting to hurt." Lottie complained, completely disregarding the fact she was holding up a man who had been shot. People had started to blast their horns at Stiles' jeep at this point which was making the situation far more stressful.

"Help me put him in your car." Scott said to Stiles, taking Derek off Lottie's hands.

"Him? My Jeep? No way." Stiles refused.

"Stiles. He looks like he's dying, come on." Lottie insisted. She climbed into the passenger seat as they put Derek in the back.

"I need you to find the same kind of bullet. I have to know what they used." Derek told Scott as he shut the door.

"How am I supposed to do that?" Scott asked.

"She's an Argent. She's with them-"

"Why should I help you?" Scott queried, not convinced by the demands coming from the older werewolf.

"How about because he hasn't actually done any of the stuff you thought he did? Oh and we kind of owe him for getting him arrested?" Lottie rolled her eyes, she felt like they at least owed him an attempt at saving his life. Derek sent her a quick look, one might have described it as a smile but it was so fleeting she couldn't catch it.

"Because you need me." Derek answered.

"Fine, fine. I'll try. Get him out of here." Scott instructs Stiles.

"I hate you for this." Stiles mumbled as Lottie buckled up and chuckled.

✧༺♥༻✧

The trio had been driving around for a while when Stiles decided to call Scott for an update, to which Scott declined. Every. Single. Time.

"Stiles, stop. You're cockblocking the poor boy. He'll let us know when he's got it." Lottie sighed.

"Fine. Look, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." Stiles said as he looked back to see Derek was clutching his arm as it continued to bleed.

"Almost where?" Derek asked.

"You're house."

"No. You can't take me there."

"Yeah what if the person that shot him is there?" Lottie added.

"I can't protect myself." Derek reminded Stiles, who decided it was the best time to slam his brakes, causing Lottie to jolt forward.

"What happens if Scott doesn't find your magic bullet? Are you dying?" Stiles impatiently asked.

"Not yet. I have a last resort."

"Which is?" Stiles pushed as Derek turned to look at his which had now stopped bleeding. Instead black veins were slowly crawling up his arm. "What is that? Is that contagious? Maybe you should just get out."

"Stiles. I don't think bullet wounds are contagious. If it makes you feel better though, I have a face mask in my bag." Lottie said, rummaging through her backpack handing Stiles a surgical mask.

"Start the car. Now." Derek demanded weakly at Stiles who had put on the surgical mask, glaring at Derek.

"I don't think you should be giving orders the way you look. In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your werewolf ass out to the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles snarked, slightly muffled due to the mask covering his mouth and nose.

"Start the car or I'm going to rip your throat out with my teeth." Derek threatened, making Lottie snap.

"Both of you. Stop. This pissing contest isn't getting us any nearer to being out of each other's presence. Stiles the quicker we get the bullet the quicker Lassie leaves. Lassie, the nicer you are to Stiles, the easier and quicker this'll be over. Stiles please start the car." Lottie told the boys who both looked down in their lap as Stiles started the car. "Thank you."

They continued to drive around aimlessly, waiting to hear from Scott as Derek continued to get paler, turning in her seat Lottie started a conversation with him, determined to keep him conscious.

"So, Beethoven, have you always been a moon lover?"

"Are you asking if I've always been a werewolf?"

"That's the one."

"Yes. My whole family was." He grunted.

"Cool, what was that like? How was going through all your puberty as a werewolf?"

"Distracting."

"Man of many words I see."

"My turn. Why all the dog names?"

"I'm trying to find one that fits you. Haven't found one yet."

"What am I supposed to do with him?" Stiles interrupted, having finally got through to Scott, Lottie turned around rolling her eyes with a smile at Stiles' distaste for the omega in the backseat.

"By the way, he's starting to smell." Stiles retched, looking back at Derek. "Like death." He answered Scott.

"What about your boss?" He sighed at Scott's plan.

"He's not really suggesting?" Lottie muttered to Stiles who shook his head as the two turned back to look at a slumped over Derek.

"You're not going to believe where he's telling me to take you." Stiles said to Derek, who leaned forward and took the phone off Stiles and put it on speaker.

"Did you find it?"

"How the hell am I supposed to find one bullet? They have a million. This house is the freaking Walmart of guns." Scott replied anxiously.

"You don't find it, I'm dead."

"I'm starting to think that wouldn't be such a bad thing." Scott mumbled.

"Scott McCall! Not nice." Lottie scolded.

"Think about this... the Alpha called you out against your will. He's going to do it again. And next time you either kill with him or you get killed. You need me. Find the bullet." Derek grunted hanging up.

"Chin up Toto. We're taking you to the vets." Lottie smirked back at Derek.

✧༺♥༻✧

"Does northern blue monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asked as he read from his phone whilst Lottie sat on the metal examination table of the veterinary clinic, kicking her legs.

"It's a rare form of Wolfsbane. He has to bring me the bullet." Derek replied, opening his eyes slowly as he leant against the wall.

"Why?" Lottie questioned.

"Because without it, I'm dead."

"Why can't it ever be 'because I'm a collector' or 'because I miss my wolf buddy'?" Lottie complained quietly.

Derek stood, flicking on a light and taking off his shirt, revealing black veins and a disturbingly yellow arm oh and a cracking set of abs too.

"Woah." Lottie muttered.

"Hey- Hey!" Stiles said, snapping his fingers in her face. "Eyes off the abs."

"I don't know about you but I was looking at his zombie arm, but now that you mention it." She trailed off, glancing round Stiles to look at Derek's abs, she raises her eyebrows, impressed. Stiles sighs, turning to face the dying man.

"Well, that doesn't look like anything some Echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care of." He said optimistically.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me."

"Positivity just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles retorted. Derek made his way to the various drawers pulling them all open, looking for something.

"What are you looking for?" Lottie asked.

"A last resort. If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time we're gonna need one."

"Which is?" Stiles asked, confused as Derek paused at a drawer, having found what he needed.

"You're going to cut off my arm." He replied, pulling out an electric bone saw.

"I'm going to projectile vomit everywhere." Lottie groaned as Derek began searching for his shirt, tying it round his arm as a tourniquet. Stiles looked down at the bone saw with a gulp.

"What if you bleed to death?" Stiles asked, the bone saw feeling heavy in his hand.

"It'll heal." Derek replied, tying his tourniquet tighter.

"If it works." Lottie mumbled, disgusted by the messy plan. "Seriously, is there no other way of doing this?"

"I don't know if I can do this." Stiles said.

"Why not?" Derek paused.

"Because of the cutting through flesh, the sawing of bone, and especially the blood."

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek glared.

"No. But I might at the sight of a chopped off arm." Stiles shouted.

"He might, and I might not faint but I will definitely throw up. Like everywhere. Have you seen Pitch Perfect? It'll be like that opening scene. Everywhere." Lottie rambled as Derek stared in disbelief at her spiel.

"No. No I haven't. Look Stiles. How about this: Either you cut off my arm or I rip off your head."

"I'm not buying your threats anymore." Stiles threatened, only to change his tune as Derek grabbed his collar. "Okay, bought, sold, I'll do it, I'll do it."

"I'm less put off by the threats and more put out by the fact he hasn't seen Pitch Perfect." Lottie mumbled, pulling Stiles out of Derek's grip as she hopped down from the table.

"Lotts, now isn't the time." Stiles started. The two shared a look before Derek started gasping like he was choking. Hunching over, he proceeds to vomit a black ink like substance all over the veterinary clinic floor.

"Holy God, what the hell is that?" Stiles asked, covering his mouth and nose, patting his pockets for the mask that he'd taken off earlier. "Don't breathe it in, Oh my God." He warned Lottie who rolled her eyes for what felt like the one thousandth time.

"I take it this is a bad sign?" Lottie asked, guiding Derek to a seat.

"My body... trying... to heal." Derek slurred.

"It's not doing a very good job." Stiles groaned, retching as he looked at the gunk pouring out of the wound and the black veins travelling further up Derek's arm.

"Now... You have to do this now." Derek instructed as he dragged the chair to the examining table and put his arm on it as his eyes glowed.

"Oh God." Stiles gagged, moving the saw to line it up against Derek's arm. Lottie put a hand on Stiles' shoulder, hoping to comfort him in some sort of way as she rested her head in the spot between his shoulder blades, unable to watch.

"Stiles?" Scott calls out as he bursts into the room, baffled by the sight in front of him. The room let out a collective sigh in relief at the sight of the young werewolf. "What the hell are you doing?"

"You just prevented a lifetime of nightmares." Stiles replied.

"For the both of us." Lottie added, smiling at the boy.

"Did you get it?" Derek asked.

"What are you going to do?" Stiles asked as Scott handed Derek the bullet.

"I'm going to... I'm going..." Derek trails off, falling off the chair, collapsing onto the floor and dropping the bullet. The three teenagers lunge for the bullet as they watch it roll down a metal drain.

"Fuck!" Lottie shouted as Stiles ran over to Derek.

"Derek? Derek, wake up! Scott, what the hell are we going to do?" Stiles shouted as he shook Derek trying to wake him up.

"I don't know--the bullet--I can't reach it–"

"He's not waking up! I think he's dying. I think he's dead." Stiles panicked. Lottie ran over and rested her head against Derek's chest, taking his wrist in her hand feeling for a pulse.

"He has a pulse. Albeit, a very faint one but it's still there. Scott, you need to get that bullet."

"Just hold on!"

"Get your claws out!" Lottie shouted. Scott did as he was told and felt his claws grow, giving him that extra length to reach the bullet.

"I got it!" He cheered, running over to the group.

"Please don't kill me for this." Stiles mutters.

"What are you-" Lottie started to ask, only to be cut off by Stiles punching Derek in the face. "Wow." She mumbled, glancing at Stiles with a gleam in her eye.

"Give it to me." Derek demanded as Stiles lunged back cradling his hand.

Scott tossed Derek the bullet as Lottie helped him stand. Derek then cracked the tip of the bullet open and pulled out a lighter from his pocket, igniting a flame and holding it to the contents of the bullet. Sparks flew slightly as the wolfsbane set alight. As ashes began to appear, Derek took a deep breath and ground it into his gunshot wound, shouting in agony as he fell to the ground. Lottie clutched onto Stiles and he wrapped an arm around her as Derek's cries of pain turn into growls. Seconds after Derek hit the floor, the wound began to heal itself, until it completely disappeared.

The trio glanced at each other in shock at what they had just witnessed, until Stiles broke the silence.

"That. Was. Awesome. Yes!"

"Are you okay?" Scott asked Derek who was slowly starting to sit up.

"Except for the agonising pain."

"I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a sign of good health." Stiles added, sarcastically with a smile.

"You sure you're good?" Lottie asked, smiling slightly when Derek nodded at her.

"We saved your life. That means you're going to leave us alone. You got that? And if you don't I go back to Allison's dad and tell him everything-" Scott began.

"You're going to trust them? You think they can help you?" Derek interrupted Scott with an incredulous look on his face as he stood up and pulled his shirt back on.

"Why not? They're a lot freaking nicer than you are."

"Scott they're hunters, as a werewolf, maybe trusting them isn't the brightest idea you've had." Lottie said, resting a hand gently on his shoulder.

"I can show you exactly how nice they are."

"What do you mean?"

"Okay guys, I think it's time for me and Stiles to tap out." Lottie said, glancing at said boy who nodded at her. "Rover, I'm glad you're alive. Scott, call me later, don't think you've escaped. I wanna hear all about Scallison. Stiles, can we get Starbucks please?" Lottie said as she linked her pinky with his and dragged him out of the room.

"Scallison?" Derek asked.

"Trust me, it's best not to ask questions." Scott replied.

✧༺♥༻✧

Lottie sat in her swinging egg chair as Scott and Stiles sat tucked up in her bed, Stiles grinning maniacally, Scott looking terrified.

"Is this necessary?" Scott asked.

"Absolutely. So tell me everything." Lottie grinned.

"Urm okay. I guess I tried to start studying but she had other things in mind."

"Ha!" Stiles shouted, pointing his finger at Lottie. "I was right. Not just a horn-dog eh?" He said, nudging Scott with his elbow who looked unimpressed.

"Anyway, we started talking about hobbies and stuff and she took me to the garage. You'll never guess what she's an expert at."

"Knife-throwing?" Lottie guessed.

"Close. Archery. Like, so good her dad thought she'd make it to the Olympics."

"Well, fuck. Not ideal." Stiles mumbled.

"Yep. And then her aunt and her dad came in and caught us in the garage and made us help carry groceries. Then her dad tried to make me leave, but Kate - her aunt - insisted I stay for dinner. And yes, before either of you interrupt, it was as painfully awkward as you'd expect. There's something... eerie about her aunt. She got way too enthusiastic about the violent side of lacrosse."

"Well she is a hunter. I suppose wanting to tear things apart is in her nature." Lottie interrupted thoughtfully.

"Anyway, getting off track, so then I was on the phone to you and got caught-"

"Obviously."

"Lottie! Like I said Kate caught me but I lied and said I was going to the bathroom, that's when I detoured and got the bullet, I found one in Kate's bag. Then I went back to the dinner table to listen to them talk about their father putting down a rabid dog. Horrifying. And then I went to leave and Kate came out after me accused me of stealing from her bag. Allison was mortified, like completely humiliated. She asked me to turn out my pockets, Kate not Allison. That's when Allison jumped in - you won't believe this - she said she'd been going through Kate's bag." Scott explained.

"Why would Allison go through Kate's bag?" Lottie asked.

"That's the best part, when Kate asked her the same question, Allison pulled out a condom!" Scott smiled, excitedly as Stiles bounced up and down on the bed next to him, slapping his arm.

"My man!"

"Oh dear lord. I need girlfriends." Lottie muttered.

"I know. But I don't want to rush. She's special."

"She must be if she brings the condom." Stiles said.

"Stiles, that's so misogynistic and archaic. Why wouldn't girls carry condoms? I have a some in my bedside table." Lottie scolded.

"You- you have- in your- why- who?" Stiles stuttered as he leant over Scott and started going through her bedside table, gulping as he saw exactly what he was looking for.

"Nobody as of right now. But it doesn't hurt to be safe. Too many guys these days like to use the excuse that they 'forgot' to bring one. I'm not being stuck with a child or in a shitty situation because a guy 'forgets'." Lottie explained, she was still a virgin, but like she told Stiles, it was better to be safe than sorry.

"Lesson learnt." Stiles mumbled, his face an alarming shade of red as he leant back to his side of the bed.

"Now before Stiles' head pops off, tell us about what Derek showed you." Lottie told Scott as she climbed into the bed, settling between the two boys, unaware of the nervous gulp Stiles took, all he could focus on was the foil packets in her bedside table.

"He took me to see his uncle. He's in the hospital covered in burns and I don't mean a little burn. I mean burnt to a crisp, unrecognisable. He was caught in the fire. The fire Derek claims the Argents set." Scott explained as Lottie gasped.

"Derek and his sister were at school at the time, eleven members of his family were in the house and Peter, his uncle, was the only survivor. He was a werewolf but now? He's barely human. Derek's adamant that it was the Argents. They must have had a reason." Scott tried to justify. It was the wrong move as Lottie sat up and turned her attention to the boy.

"A reason?! Scott they lit up a house full of people, we've lived amongst the Hale's for years, never once hearing of an animal attack or murder, not once. Even still, there's no justification for murdering a whole family. I understand you like Allison, but you cannot justify that." Lottie scolded disappointedly.

"Okay, I fucked up. There's just something about Derek, he gives me the creeps. But anyway, after that a nurse came in and Derek just left." Scott admitted, never fond of being the victim of Lottie's disappointment. The trio sat in silence for a little while until a voice piped up.

"Guys? Can we watch Hemlock Grove? It has werewolves in so, you know, research purposes."

"You're only asking because you have a crush on Bill Skarsg​​ård." Lottie replied, rolling her eyes with a smile as she reached for the remote and Scott burst out laughing.

"So do you!" Stiles retaliated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 645 42
β—€ β—₯ In which a girl who almost have nothing left, meet a cute, sarcastic boy in the midd...
182K 4.3K 94
"You fell in love with the feeling. But you didnt fall in love with me." She was the confident girl, he was the awkward boy. Could it be anymore obv...
13.1K 390 17
πŸπŸ“ 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 π₯𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐒𝐫 𝐧𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐀𝐞𝐧𝐬 Riley Winters and Stiles Stilinski had been living happily ever since th...
1.3K 41 11
【Book Two ---- Season Two】 In a world where everything is falling apart in secrecy, ThaΓ­s faces the fact that the truth comes out one way or another...