My Vampire Mate: A Wild Love

By foreignbeat

Vinnie Monarch lives in a world where humans are aware that vampires and werewolves exist along with other su... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Dreams in the Dark
Chapter 2: When Trouble Starts Brewing
Chapter 3: Chance Encounters
Chapter 4: Cake and Apologies
Chapter 5: Falling Apart
Chapter 6: It's You?
Chapter 7: Party Time
Chapter 8: Reassuring Promises
Chapter 9: The Perfect Gift
Chapter 10: Bittersweet
Chapter 12: Ball of Fire
Chapter 13: A New Life
Chapter 14: The Fire Within
Chapter 15: Forever and Always
Chapter 16: Promises
Chapter 17: Locked Inside
Chapter 18: An Unexpected Visit
Chapter 19: Want You More
Chapter 20: Caught
Chapter 21: Stressed Out
Chapter 22: Tension
Chapter 23: Blood Sucker
Chapter 24: Family Reunion
Chapter 25: Moving In
Chapter 26: More than Friends?
Chapter 27: Commitment Issues
Chapter 28: Taken
Chapter 29: Come Back To Me
Chapter 30: Found
Epilogue

Chapter 11: Lust and Confusion

6.6K 282 9
By foreignbeat

Francine's POV:

When I walked into school Monday morning, some of my classmates kept staring at me. Some seemed surprised while others showed their attraction very easily. I guess it had something to do with dyeing my hair back to its original dirty blonde and wearing clothing that I actually liked. No more all black apparel. In its place, I was wearing light blue jeans with a white t-shirt underneath my red plaid hoodie. It wasn't hard to change back to how I used to dress since I finally realized that I shouldn't have changed myself for a guy. Alex liked me all along and I shouldn't have tried to impress him over a stupid rumor.

I hadn't seen Alex all day since I arrived at school and it was now third period, almost lunch time. I was beginning to get impatient and I didn't know if he had come to school or not. I couldn't smell his scent at all anywhere. I put my stuff in my backpack and put it on, sitting on the edge of my seat like a few other people around me. I tapped my fingers against my leg as I stared at the clock, waiting for the bell to ring. As if on cue, it rang and I shot out of my seat, pushing in my chair and heading out. I shook my head and kept my eyes straight ahead until I saw my locker. I walked up and put in my combination before sliding off my backpack from one arm. I left it on my other and unzipped it, taking out some of my things that I wouldn't need to take home.

There was an appreciating whistle behind me before a hand grabbed my ass. I whipped around, pushing away whoever it was. I scowled at the wimpy boy who stood there smirking, his dark ruby eyes dancing with flames. Justin Blake was a guy who we all had a bit of disdain for, especially Danny considering she was a water element. To me and all of the girls, Justin was the most annoying person on the planet. He always hit on each one of us without taking the hint, yet him and Alex were still some type of friends. I guess that would change if he didn't stop doing this. He scanned me top to bottom with his eyes and I shuddered. Justin gave me a lazy smile before leaning against the locker next to mine. 

He had on another one of his oversized long sleeved sweaters with a pair of baggy black sweatpants. I never understood his style. I glared at him and finished putting the stuff in my locker before turning to look at him. Justin's eyes ran over me again and my anger began to bubble up. I knew I had to keep my cool so as to not create a scene.

"What do you want, Justin?" I huffed, crossing my arms. I met his eyes for a split second and noticed discomfort and urgency in them. I shrugged it off and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Your number?" Justin wiggled his eyebrows. I smirked at him and started to laugh.

"I have a mate now and if you don't want him to kick your ass, you'll stop hitting on me. Actually, all of us because we all found one at the mate party." I smiled but he just rolled his eyes.

"I don't smell him on you. He definitely didn't mark you yet. But I'm not trying to hook up with you, I just want to ask you something." He slowly locked his eyes with mine. I narrowed my eyes and he raised his hands.

I was starting to get uncomfortable so I glanced around to see if I could get out of this situation. I didn't see many people or anything I could use since most people were heading to the cafeteria or the outside area to have lunch. I heard a low growl and saw Danny with her head peeking from a classroom door. She locked eyes with me, raising her eyebrows. I sighed a breath of relief and looked back at Justin who seemed to be already looking at her. A small smile tugged at his lips as she started to walk over to us. There was a glint in her eyes as she stared at him, making me wonder what she was thinking about. I glanced between them both before realizing that Danny was in a "mate call" with her mate. I remembered that there was a way for you to talk telepathically with your mate after they mark you or... intercourse happens.

She stopped in front of us and fixed one of her blue striped white knee high socks. She had on a blue long sleeve shirt and her black track shorts that she used during her practice after school. She must've been heading to practice her sprints. I smiled at her, thanking the heavens that she came at the right time. Danny rubbed her hands in front of her and sighed.

"You remember Justin right?" I patted her shoulder. She cut her eyes at him and he flinched. He pushed himself off the lockers and raised his shirt a bit to put his hands in his pockets. I frowned as I caught a glimpse of his stomach.

"The one that just touched your ass, right? Yeah. He's an asshole isn't he? A lying one." Danny huffed and he sighed, staring at his shoes. I raised my eyebrows, not expecting her to go in on him like that.

"Uh, I mean you're not wrong... I guess." I swallowed as she nodded. Justin looked up and grabbed her arm, sliding his hand down to hers. She looked up at him. It almost seemed like she was scowling, but it suited her in some way. I never knew tomboy Danny could look so... cute?

"I'm sorry, Isabella. I just wasn't trying to... hit on her. I was just asking for something, but sometimes the fire builds up and things... get misread." Justin stated as I opened my mouth to say something. He glared at me and nuzzled Danny's neck causing me to recoil in confusion. She ran her hand over his brown hair and pushed him away.

"Things aren't going to stay the same. I don't want you hitting on my friends or anyone anymore. If you do it again, I won't hesitate to go to your father." She said and smiled at me before walking away. Justin apologized before following her. What in the hell was going on between those two?

I put my backpack on again and started to get hit with his scent. My heart beat as arms wrapped around my waist and I smiled at the tingles that ran through my skin.

"Where have you been all day?" I turned around and looked into his eyes which were fully black. He swallowed and shrugged.

"Had to... take care of some urges that came up. Important matters. I'm mostly fine now." He placed a small kiss on my lips before doing it again before it was almost a full on make out session. I whimpered as he nipped at my bottom lip. His tongue stopped and he pulled away, eyes back to their original brown but glassy.

I didn't want it to end, but my mind kept wandering to Justin and Danny and the fact that there seemed to be something between them. My ass still felt weird after he grabbed it too. I wondered if he left some ash on my pants or something. It would probably be best though if I left that out though. It would probably just make Alex mad since it seems he's letting this mate bond get the better of him. He tilted his head to the side and frowned.

"Did I hear... that right?" He snapped. Fuck, I forgot he can read minds.

"Yeah, but he said sorry. Plus, I knew you'd just flip out like you are right now. You know how Justin is!"

"I don't care about that shit! We're mates. Us. You're mine now and-"

"Yours? I am not property, Alex! You don't own me you know. I can take care of myself." I glared at him as my eyes started to cool. Yes I was his mate but that didn't mean I had to tell him everything if I could handle it.
"The only thing that belongs to you is my heart Alex."

"I'm not walking you home today. You can leave by yourself. Or maybe just get Justin to go with you." He sneered and stormed off, hitting one of the lockers. I noticed people looking between the two of us as Alex left me standing in the middle of the hall.

I watched as he disappeared out in the courtyard with the other students and I frowned. I didn't need him to walk me home anyway. My vision blurred and my head began to ache. I put my hand over my forehead and felt myself starting to grow hot. A hand touched my shoulder and I sighed, blinking rapidly to see Ryan standing there. He shook his head.

"I told you he wouldn't be a good mate for you. You should've rejected him." He sighed as we walked to the entrance.

"It's my fault." I whispered, rubbing at my chest. It was beginning to burn like hell and I knew it wouldn't be long before my powers took control.

"No, it's not. You weren't trying to start an unnecessary fight, not keep stuff hidden just because you want to." Ryan stated and I nodded.

"It's starting again." I cleared my throat and he stopped me, looking into my eyes. His usual dark blue irises flashed lighter and my head stopped throbbing.

"We're going home right now." He grabbed my hand and led me out of the school, walking down the steps and towards his black Honda. He took his keys out of his pocket and unlocked it with his RKS. I opened the door and looked up at him.

"You sure mom will let me skip?" I chuckled and he started to answer before he noticed something behind me and grimaced. I looked back.

There was a girl with blonde hair laughing with a group of guys, nudging one of them off her as he pulled at her gray hoodie. I squinted and realized it was one of Jake's sisters, Alexandra. He must know her from his classes. She flipped her hair and said something to one of the guys before smirking. Ryan growled. She looked over at us and smiled slightly before directly focusing on Ryan. Alexandra turned away, rolling her eyes. I shrugged and got in the car, putting on my seat belt. Soon after, he got into the car too, frowning. I decided to not ask about it and closed my eyes. I needed to rest and maybe after I'd try to patch things up with Alex. I only hoped he wasn't going to be difficult.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 197 20
Alice, a broken girl who has lost her last hope of ever being rescued by her mate. She has been living in a dungeon for 15 years. She lost family and...
54.9K 1.4K 27
Tera's night hadn't been going all that good, her supposed friend Kane had been hitting on her all night apparently 'no' didn't mean no in Kane world...
263 42 17
Aleia meets her mate. He rejects her and as rare as it can be she finds her second chance mate the same day. She gets kidnapped by someone she knows...
114K 5.1K 35
A girl locked away for several years, finally coming out of the darkness and realizing what she will soon be able to do. *Being edited*