Crocodile Hunter | Robert Irw...

trueblvuee

olive and Robert are lifelong best-friends, however, what happens if things start to get rocky as jealousy a... Еще

Introduction
The start of everything...
Unaware
Not a morning person.
When we were young
Khaki Pjs?
Not interested
Jealousy jealousy...
Eventful events
A/N
New year...
New beginnings
On the verge of tears
Payback...
Unreal
Stealing the show
1k

Unfortunate events

262 2 0
trueblvuee

It was day 3 of being in Africa and i had been recruited by bindi, though she had to fight Robert for me... she won of course!

We were off to have a girl day, learning more about the protection the black mambas do for the rhinos, and all species in Africa.

The mission for today was to walk around the tracks and in the grass for any traps.

Bindi ended up finding a big trap thats used to take down a rihno so the hunters could poach them. We looked at the trap in disbelief.

"We see this everday... And we never get used to it" felicia, one of the black mamba member says

"This is horrible" bindi said shaking her head

"Things like this break my heart" i said sadly as i held her heart. "This is just disgusting" I said, shaking my head.

I went up to the trap and started taking it apart, with the help of the girls.

We worked together to destroy the trap and place the traps scrap metal in the back of the trunk.

"It amazes me how so many people don't bother to understand the cruel actions that they contribute in... Damages and kills our earth. It's hurting our animals and our people" i said as we walked further into the grassy area.

"Its just saddening that it's true" bindi said, I nodded my head in agreement. The three cameramen following as well.

A shine had caught my eyes, stopping in my tracks. My sudden stop went unnoticed from the group of girls up ahead

My cameraman, Jonah, stopped to follow me while the other two followed bindi and the black mambas

I looked for where the shine had come from, walking in the direction as careful as possible

"Stay behind me" i told Jonah, " follow my tracks, I don't want you stepping off and getting hurt"

When we had reached the spot where i had saw the random shine, i was met with nothing in sight.

"Thats weird. I could have sworn I saw something over here" i turned and looked past the camera to Jonah, "stay here please"

I inspected the area close, looking at the trees to see if they have any hanging traps, taking my focus off the floor for a second.

I was met with nothing, spending a couple of minutes looking around my surroundings. I was determined to find what ever flashed me down whether it being a trap or a piece of trash, i was going to rid it.

A unsettling feeling formed in my stomach and i blindly took a step forward, a click sound made its way to my ear.

I froze in my spot not moving an inch. once i gained the courage to look down, panic set in as i saw the trap i had just stepped onto.

It had sharp metals around it in a circle, like a bear trap. The pressure of my foot was the only thing keeping it for clamping and cutting my foot off.

Though panic set in for me, i remained calm.
Realizing panic and tears would get me nowhere else but a hospital.

Forcing my tears away i looked up at Jonah, who had froze in shock too.

"Its okay" i said calmly through the fear, "just call bindi.. please" The only thing he could do was nod, taking a couple of seconds to pull out his walkey-talkey to call for the other two cameramen.

We have a situation, pass the walkey-talkey to bindi" he said shakily.

"Whats up?" Came bindi's voice. jonah stepped forward to hand the small radio to me.

"Don't!" I protested, "i don't know if there are anymore traps, for your own safety ...please don't come near me" i said with my arms out to stop him.

"Its Liv" he found himself saying, stepping back to his original spot. The camera was still on his shoulder recording the whole situation. "Come quick she is stuck in a trap"

"What? " we heard from the other end, "when did you guys leave us?? Where are you?" Looking around it was clear to me that Jonah was panicking and lost.

"Just click the button, ill talk" i said, "We are on the same track not too far back, when you reach the blue part of the fence turn right into the bush area." I yelled out.

"Do you copy" jonah asked.

"Copy" they replied.

It felt like a year, I tried my hardest to be patient but i couldn't. I was aware of everything at the moment which made my patience go thin.

My foot had started to hurt, keeping it at the same pressure for such a long time, my leg started to grow tired and it felt like it was going to give out.

Just the thought of my leg giving out and the trap clamping made tears well in my eyes but i couldn't cry.

I was shaking in fear but i wouldn't let myself cry, i was on camera, if someone was in the same situation as me, they would need to be calm and i needed to show that.

I didn't want to freak myself out, i didn't want to freak Jonah out. Hell, we already freaked bindi out.

What sounded like a car pulled up, which confused me because the others were on foot.

Shaking the confusion out, i sighed in relief that someone was here to save me. I heard walking and bushes being moved around.

"We are over here" Jonah yelled. The people moved faster, the last leaf moved only to reveal a frantic Robert... my boyfriend.

"Are you okay, love? Wheres the trap? What happened? Why did you leave the Bindi's side? I knew you should have stayed with me" he said walking fast towards me.

"Watch your step" I said in a pleading tone,
"im okay, the trap is on my foot... How did you even know I was stuck in a trap?"

"All of the walkie-talkies are on the same radio, we heard. Mom's are frantic back at the house" he said as he finally reached me.

"They aren't the only ones frantic" I said, "is no one with them???" I said looking up to find a worried chandler

"They told me to help Robert get you out because they didn't know how bad it was" he said, i nodded

Robert squatted down to look at the trap, examining it in every way.

"Chandler, what are you doing here" I heard bindi say out of breath. Looking up to find a panting bindi.

"Robert speeded us over here as soon as we heard the radio" chandler answered as bindi.

"Have you found a way to get her out" Felicia asked one of the black mambas.

"No. not at all, I don't know what way to put pressure on the lever, it's confusing." Robert replied.

"Please hurry, my leg is about to give out" I whined.

"Felicia, do you know how to take this trap off" bindi asked

"I've never done it myself but I've watched our director do it many times" felica explained

She squatted to Robert who was hesitant to move out of his spot. He was unsure and only hoped that I comes out of this safe from any harm. he ended up moving from his spot allowing felica to take it.

"When I say go, move your foot as quick as possible. Are you okay with that?" felicia asked, i nodded her head and let out a small yes.

I worked in silence, examining the trap before doing anything. I noticed the lever on the side of the trap that was slightly risen.

If I puts enough pressure down, I could get my foot out and once I let go it will snap.

"Okay" Felicia said wrapping both her hands around the lever

"1, 2 .. 3, GO" Felicia yelled and she pushed all the weight she can down onto the lever.

I moved my foot out the trap as fast as i could, as soon as my foot was out i was engulfed in a hug, seconds later the trap went off.

I melted into the arms around me, holding the body tighter than ever. Trying to calm my breathing that i didn't even know was uneven.

"Your okay" i heard Robert say as he petted my hair, holding me tight. "Your okay"

After the incident Robert, me, and chandler went to the house we were staying at for the week.

I walked into the doors of the house where i was crushed in tight hugs by my mum.

Though i was safe, as much as i reassured everyone, my energy was low. I went off to mine and Roberts shared room and sat on the balcony floor.

Thinking back on my situation, my eyes watered with tears, It felt overwhelming. The feeling of being scared but having to stay calm, being in such a situation was never something i thought of.

I felt emotionally drained from this experience.

It was late and i found herself staying in the same position. Robert walked inside the room to find Me where he had last saw me, He walked to the balcony and sat on the floor facing me and putting a hand on my knee.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat?" He asked, rubbing his thumb against my skin. I just nodded my head, looking forward at the view.

"Your okay Liv" he said reassuringly as he reached up and tucking my hair behind my ear.

Just hearing those words made tears fall from my eyes all over again.

"I'm okay but the situation is not. The more I sit here and think about it the more I realize what it felt like to be the the animal. I was living in the animal's point of view, feeling the fear they felt. It's sick. They don't understand what the trap is and once they lift their foot, it's already too late" i cried, letting Robert wipe my tears away, and pull me into his lap for a hug.

"... I'm sorry, I'm just tired and I guess I'm being dramatic" i sniffled

"You're not dramatic, I understand. It was a horrid situation and if I could I would switch the roles. I'm sorry you had to go through that and It sucks to know that the animals experience that all the time but that's why we are here... To reduce that pain and save their lives. I'm so proud of you, and I'm glad your okay" he said hugging me tight, wiping any remaining tears.

I turned to face Robert, wrapping my arms around him and laying my head between his neck. They stayed like that for a while until i was able to calm down.

"Come on, let's get changed and go to bed. We had a long day today"

Once we were on the bed and snuggled up in each others arms, i whispered a quite, "i love you" before i drifted off

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

138K 4.4K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
3.1K 123 11
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝑴𝒊𝒕𝒔𝒖𝒌𝒊...𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒔𝒎" ~𝘽𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙘𝙧𝙪𝙚𝙡 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙~...
1K 30 12
(Completed) Lucas has had a major crush on his bestfriend since middle school. But what will happen when his crush finds a out. And what will happen...
We Were Just Kids mani

Любовные романы

10 0 11
Amira has been best friends with Chris half of her life. They stick together no matter what. Through lies, betrayals, boyfriends and girlfriends. She...