Meeting the Family | FaYi| Bo...

Jcfuntime द्वारा

Fang goes to meet Ying's extended family in China one Chinese New Year as her boyfriend. Will he win them o... अधिक

Anniversary
You Have A What?!
Explanation
Decisions
Back Home
Hesitation
Coming for New Years
Unpleasant Memories
Fitting in
AN Family Tree
AN Family Tree P2

Birthday

212 5 4
Jcfuntime द्वारा

Mandarin: []
Malay: Nothing.

Ying is in her room, asleep. She always wakes up at around 6:30, except when she's on the TAPOPS station when she has to wake up earlier. But today was a special day; her 17th birthday. Her mother let her sleep in and also turned off her alarm. They were having a surprise, Chinese style birthday party in the park for her, they had started setting up the party since last night and they are planning to keep her away until sundown. It was around 8:45 already when Ying stirred.

Ying: *yawns* Hmm... the suns out high... what time is it?

She tiredly turns her head over to look at her electronic clock.

Time: 8:48am

Ying:Huh?! That late?!

She leaned over in surprise only to fall off her bed onto the floor.

Ying: Ack! Oww...

The Chinese girl lifted her head up from the ground and rubbed it while trying to shake off her tiredness.

Ying; Uhhh... wait what day is it.

She got up and used her dresser for support and when she glanced over at where she had her hand, there was her calendar. December 18th.

. . .

Ying: It's my birthday! I'm 17! WOO HOO!!!
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Grandma Ying: It seems that Ying's awake.

Yang: Oh! I've gotta get these out the house and to the park.

Yang had multiple trays of goods her arms for the party and was just about to take them to the park. Grandma Ying was sitting in the living room on her armchair.

Yang: Mom! Distract her!

Grandma Ying: Alrighty.

With that Chinese woman rushed the food out of the house. Ying came downstairs in her pajamas a minute later and slides into the living room.

Grandma Ying: Hello Ying. What's got you in such a hurry?

Ying: Grandma! Don't you know what day it is?!

Grandma Ying: Wednesday?

Ying: Hah?! Grandma!

Grandma Ying: I'm messing with you dear, Happy Birthday.

Ying: Thanks Grandma! I'm finally 17! ... Where's Mama?

Grandma Ying: She ran out to do a quick errand.

Ying: Oh okay. I'm gonna go get dress and go to Tok's to find the others!

Grandma Ying: Ahh- Ying wait!

Ying: Huh?

Grandma Ying: I... want to give you your first present!

Ying: Ooh! Okay!

Ying sits down on the couch and her grandmother hands her a small wrapped box. Ying opened it and picked up a knitted Blue and yellow winter beanie.

(Pretend it's blue and yellow)

Ying: It's adorable!!! [Thank you Grandma!] (Xièxiè Zǔmǔ!)

Grandma Ying: [Your welcome dear. Made it myself. I thought you'd like this one for winter since your old one's thinning. ]

Ying: Yeah...

Her iconic beanie was something she treasured and has had for exactly 8 years. She got her old one as a birthday present for her 9th birthday... from her dad. It was the last thing she got from him before... she didn't like to think about it.

Grandma Ying: You know, your mother never wanted to tell you this, but your dad made you that beanie.

Ying: He did?!

Grandma Ying: Yep, I taught him myself. Took him weeks and a lot of sore hands.

Ying: Huh...

Grandma Ying: It was nice to have a little thing to bond with him over.

Ying: Yeah...

Grandma Ying: I could teach you too if you want dearie.

Ying: Really?! Okay then...

Grandma Ying: Alright! Then that'll be my second gift to you!

Ying: Heh, heh, heh!
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
Yang had gone to any errands around the island and it was now 1 pm when she got to the park, where most of the party was already set.

Yang: I'm here!

Tok Aba: Good! The tables over there!

Yang: This set up looks amazing!

Mr. Kumar: This took forever...

Gopal: Huuuii!!! My legs hurt...

The father and son were on the floor complaining about their sore arms and legs. The girls just rolled their eyes at the two.

Mrs. Yah: You two have hardly done anything!!

Yaya: Lazy bums!

Shielda: Dear lord...

The shield twins were there too, so were Nut and Kei, who were helping to decorate by setting up the Chinese lanterns.

Kei: These are so pretty...

Nut: Yeah! They way their made are so interesting. Humans in China have been using this types of lanterns for centuries!! They're a little primitive though...

Kei: Well I think they're more for looks than for technicality Nut.

Nut: Yeah your right. Now lift me up so I can reach up to hang this lantern!

Kei: Alright!

Qually was helping set up the food with Tok Aba and Ochobot.

Qually: All of this looks so good! You're a great cook Tok Aba!

Tok Aba: Why thank you Qually. The food you made looks good too!

Qually: Yeah, I don't know much about Ying's food tastes so I tried to make what I've seen her eat.

Ochobot: Are these... seaweed balls?

Qually: Yeah, I saw Ying bite into one!

Tok Aba: I think that was a rice ball Qually. You wrap it in seaweed.

Qually: Ohh...

the Zolas seemed be practicing some sort of Dance. The other students from TAPOPS were there too.

Aaema: What... are you doing?

Pipi: A celebratory dance for Ying!

Papa Zola: She's one more year before she's a true adult!

Lyrah: But Teacher Fang and the others are all turning into adults next year too. By Earth standards anyway.

Kahal: Yeah, Teacher Ying is the youngest because she was born at the end of the Earthen year right?

Mama Zila: True! Oh how time flies...

Papa Zola: Ahh...

Otoi: What's wrong Papa Zola?

Papa Zola: I'm getting old...😨😭

Saadiya: Oh dear...

Even Moichi and T'kanna the Aruleans had just gotten there too with their baby sister Ira, but their parents had business so they couldn't come.

Yaya: Moichi, T'kanna! It's great to see you!

T'kanna: Hi guys!

Moichi: Hi Hi!!

Yaya: Ooh and little Ira!

The baby Doewa (what Arulean call their infants) was giggling happily in her older brother's arms, reaching out for the hijab girl whom she recognized.

Boboiboy: Hi guys! Where's Sun'bai and M'dori?

T'kanna: Dad has a really big conference and for some reason the council wanted Papa there. They send congrats for Ying for her birthday though.

Moichi: And presents!

A few others from space, and from TAPOPS( Koko ci, Tarung, etc...) were there too. The only ones Yang didn't see were...

Yang: Where are Fang and Kaizo and- ?

...: Hi! I'm sorry are we late?!

Another feminine alien walks up to the party set up with a infant almost identical to her clung onto her in a big sling.

Yaya: Zari! There you are!

Zari was Kaizo's wife and the infant was their daughter Kimchi. She was a Cellophyn (species created by Quillwriter on TikTok) and was once childhood friends with Kaizo, Fang and even Kira'na.

(This is Zari)

Boboiboy: Hey Z!

Yang: Where are the boys?

Mrs Yah: Yes they said they'd be here half an hour ago with the other decorations!

Zari: Umm... there was an... issue back on Gogobugi that Kaizo had to deal with and Fang stayed back with him. They won't be here for at least another hour or two.

The Cellophyn looked exhausted and not at all like her usual upbeat, optimistic self. The four in-front of her exchanged concerned and confused looks. They had seen her that mourning and she was completely fine.

Boboiboy: Is everything okay...?

Zari: Yeah of course.

Yaya: Are you sure-

Zari: Yep! Everything's good. The issue is nothing serious! I've got the other decorations here Mrs. Yah!

She completely changed the subject and walked away before anyone could say anything else.

Boboiboy: What was that about?

Yaya: I'm not sure...

Mrs Yah: At least we got the decorations!

Yaya: Mom...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ying: I didn't realize how much fun knitting and crocheting is! And so useful, look what I made!

Grandma Ying: Oh how cute!

Ying and her grandmother have been in the living room for a few hours. They had made a lot of stuff. Scarfs, hats, little booties ( mainly for Cattus) and even plushes. Ying had made a black and purple bat with crochet and was showing it to her Granny.

Ying: I'm going to give this to Fang as a gift!

Grandma Ying: Ahhh the seeds of youthful love. So beautiful ~

Ying: Grandma!

Ying turned red at her grandmother's poetic remark, making the old woman laugh heartily. The newly turned 17 year old then glanced at the clock.

Ying: It's almost 2 pm already! I wonder where Mom has been got so long...

Grandma Ying: Ahhh...

Yang: Hey! I'm back!!!

Grandma Ying POV: Oh thank god...

Ying: Mama!

Yang: Hi honey! Happy birthday!!

Grandma Ying: Where have you been?!

Yang: Sorry I ... was getting somethin' for ya but things got hectic. Here.

Yang hands her daughter a present in a turquoise wrapping and a white bow.

Ying: Ooohh!!

Grandma Ying: *Your lucky I was able to stall her for this long!*

Yang: Heh, heh ...

She opens up the present and gasp. It's a beautiful birthday outfit.

Ying: It's amazing!!! I love it!! [Thank you mama thank you!!]

Ying sets down the box and pulls her mom for a big hug which Yang happily returns. Ying's grandmother looks on at the two and smiles.

Yang: Well go try it on honey!

Ying: Okay!

As Ying ran past with the open box, her grandmother caught a glimpse of the outfit. She grinned at the realization.

Grandma Ying: Isn't that -

Yang: Yes~

Grandma Ying: You little sneak!

Yang: *giggles* we need to get ready to!

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
A bit later.

Gopal: I don't see why we have to dress up for this.

T'kanna: It's Ying's birthday that's why!

Kei: I like dressing up!

Saadiya: Me too!

The decorations had been put up, and everything is ready to go. Everyone had changed into new outfits that were Chinese style.

Mrs. Yah: And where are Fang and Kaizo?! Zari?!

Zari: Oh umm...

Fang and Kaizo still hadn't shown up. Zari was still it saying anything, more focused on Kimchi, who was fussing a lot since the two had gotten there,while helping out. T'kanna ended up persuading her to let Kimchi and Ira play. It calmed the blind infant but she was still agitated.

Moichi: What's going on with Zi-Zi?

Yaya: I'm not sure... could it also be the reason why Fang and Kaizo are so late.

They all suddenly hear a loud laugh. It was Kimchi, she had heard something as her ears were perked up and she was reaching out for someone in a different direction.

...: Hi Kipo!

Boboiboy: Fang! Kaizo! You guys are finally here!

Kopi: Hey! What am I? Chopped liver?!

Fang, Kaizo and Kopi all walk up to the party. The two brothers looked drained while the Evan looked agitated. Kimchi had heard them coming, and both she and Ira reaches up for Fang, who ended up picking both of them up. Kimchi clings onto his back, while Ira climbs up onto Fang's head.

Fang: Ha ha... hi girls.

Mrs Yah: What took you so long?!

Fang: That's... a long story.

Kaizo: Apologies for being late...

Kopi: ....

Just like Zari, the three who arrived were dodging questions. Yaya then shoved clothes into their arms.

Yaya: Nevermind that, get dressed!

Fang: Huh, oh okay... can someone...

Zari: Ive got them.

Zari walked up and took the two off him. Kimchi immediately start fussing again. Zari and Kaizo made eye contact for a moment but the both quickly look away from each other. Everyone noticed this but no one said anything.

Zari:...

Kaizo: ... Fang let's go change.

Fang: Mm hmm.

The two go and change while Kopi stays.

T'kanna: Kopi... so you know what happened?

Kopi: Ahh...

Kahal: Did Teacher Kai and Mrs Z get in a fight?

Kopi: Not exactly-

Aaema: The why's she mad at him?

Kopi; She's not mad! I mean I don't think she's mad at him...

Pipi: Then what happened?

Kopi: ... let's just say Kaizo kept some  information from her.

Yaya: Was it another injury-

Kopi: No surprisingly. This was... different.

Moichi: What is it?

Kopi: That's for them to tell guys, sorry.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Fang: This is a nice outfit!

Fang was wearing matching outfit to Ying!

Kaizo: Not bad.

Fang: Yours kinda looks like the outfit Zari was wearing.

(What Zari was wearing)

Kaizo: Yeah...

Fang: You should talk to her Abang. About Sia-

Kaizo: Please don't say that woman's name... Her screechy voice is still echoing in my head.

Akuma: Y'all are lucky that I didn't come out and uppercut that whiny brat!

Fang: Akuma...

Kaizo: Plus, I'm pretty sure she's still upset with me...

Fang: She's not upset with you Kai, more that you didn't tell her...

Akuma: If you say like that it still sounds like she's upset with Kaizo-

Fang: Akuma!

Akuma: What?

Fang: The point is, from what I saw she's more uncomfortable with the situation than mad. You should go talk with her still.

Kaizo:  Maybe...Come on, let's go before Mrs Yah starts yelling at us again...
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ying: Mama, What's going on?

Yang: Nothing~ Just keep walking Ying!

Grandma Ying: He he he!

Ying was being led in a blindfold somewhere. All she knew is that her mother and grandmother had a surprise for her but she didn't know what it was. They were walking though the park towards the party and Yang already alerted the other so they'd hide before they get there.

Ying: Are we almost there?

Yang: Yes~ Almost.

Yang lead Ying for a little bit longer before making her stop and starts to take off the blindfold.

Yang: Alright 3...2...1

Happy Birthday Ying!!

Ying: *gasp* Wow!!

Yang releases the blindfold and everyone leaps out and wishes Ying a happy birthday!

Ying: This is amazing!

All the kids run up to give her a big group hug.

Kahal, Saadiya: Happy Birthday Teacher Ying!

Aaema: You're finally 17!

Ying: Heh, yep!!

The other lady all start to say their own personal congrats to their friend. Once the crowd had dispersed and the party started.

Fang: Happy birthday Ying!

Ying: Thanks Fa- wait...

Ying only now noticed her partner's outfit when he came in front of her.

Ying: We're matching.

Fang: Huh, oh yeah I guess so.

Yang: He he!

Ying: Mom! Did you do this!?

Yang: Maybe~

Yang had bought the matching outfits and had went to go get them on her errands, she took Ying's and gave the other to Mrs Yah to give to Fang.

Yang: This was more my late gift for you two's anniversary! I hope you like it!

Ying: Mom...💢

Fang: Heh, Thanks Auntie Yang.

Ying: We're you in on this?

Fang: No. I just put on the outfit Mrs Yah gave me.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Ying: Ooh, this stone necklace is beautiful! Thanks T'kanna, Moichi!

T'kanna: You're welcome!

Moichi: Yeah! But it was Papa who beaded it!

Ying was now opening presents, and she had opened the last of the many presents she got from the Aruleans.

Yang: Is that all the presents?

Kaizo: Fang...

Fang: Huh? Oh! Right! Here Ying.

Fang grabbed a long wooden box decorated with flowers carved into it.

Ying: Oh! This is the box you had at the mall! It's a little big!

Ying takes the gift and sets it down as clicks up the latches and opens it up.

Ying: *gasp*

Kids: Whoa!

It was two fans one big one small made of blades and with a beautiful design

And a long one that had a long handle with hidden sword.

Yang: This is amazing!

Kaizo: The design is impressive. Good work Pang.

Kaizo never got to see the gift but knew it was some for of disguised weapon, and that Fang designed it. The said boy turned to the birthday girl.

Fang: Do you... like it?

Ying: No... I love it! This is beautiful!

Ying jumped on Fang and hugged him tight, Fang wraps his arms around Ying, returns the hug and twirls  her around. Both of them laughing. Once Fang set her down Ying gave him a big kiss on the cheek. The poor boy wasn't expecting that and his face went red, prompting Ying to giggle.  Kopi flies up and lands on Fang's shoulder.

Kopi: Happy birthday Ying! Also, I wouldn't touch the Rice balls if I were you.

Ying: Why-

Gopal: Blech! Uugh, Qually! What did you do to these rice balls? There's no rice!!

Qually: I didn't know you were supposed to put rice inside them!

Gopal: Their called RICE BALLS!

Qually: Well I didn't know that!

Ying: Ah...

Fang: 'Guess that's why...

Ying sighs at yet another culinary mix up with Qually. She then notices at the corner of her eye, Kaizo and Zari. They were acting awkwardly around one another.

Ying: Hey Fang, What's going on with Kaizo and Z?

Fang: Oh... There was an incident on Gogobugi. Kaizo didn't tell Zari something about him and it cause a huge misunderstanding.

Ying: With what?

Kopi:... Kai's ex fiancé.

Ying: What?!

Fang: Supposed fiancé. Apparently it was never completely agreed. Back when I wasn't even born yet. Her names Sia, she's a nobleman's daughter.

Kopi: She's also a spoiled brat.

Fang: They were going to have them have play dates and stuff to see if they'd like each other but that didn't even work out.

Ying: So how'd the misunderstanding happened with that?

Fang: Sia and her older brother came when we were about to leave suddenly and demanded that they talk about the engagement. Zari, not knowing about the situation was very confused and it ended up turning into a whole fight.

Ying: So did you guys figure things out?

Fang: Not completely. Kaizo's gonna  have to have another conversation with them. I told him to talk to Z, but it seems both of them are trying to let the other to talk.

Ying: Oh, I hope they can talk to each other.

Fang: Me too...
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
TBC

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.2K 85 11
"From A daughter of Justice to a Historical Hero. How cliché could it get" - Dame Ying/Ying Li Ying Li was a well known Lawyer for putting criminals...
6.1K 307 19
It was coming up Fang's birthday (this is happening after Boboiboy and his Friends met Captain Kaizo that means this happening after Season 3 ep 26...
12.2K 562 26
"I'm just too scared. What if I can't do this, Fang." A mysterious alien captured all of Boboiboy's Friends except him, Ying and Fang. Luckily, they...
11.8K 637 26
In which a boy dreams about a girl, getting slaughtered by his enemies every night. He couldn't sleep with that dream that turned out to be his own n...