Cataclysm // Demon Slayer Deku

By DgamerV

The world is riddled with evil, stretching far and wide, into the hearts of many. But, Pure evil... unadulter... More

Prologue
I'm Sorry...
The Nobody
Grief
Lowermoon
Reality or Illusion?
Light Hashira
Recovery
Understanding
Grueling Trials
The Gatherings
Intrusive Thoughts
Encounter
The Therapist
A Living Hell
Unidentifiable
Connectedness
Final Trial
Sickening Trauma
Coming to Terms
Emerald
Stendhal
The Artist
AFO
Dragon of Hokkaido
Demon King
Eraserhead
Corruption
The Sample
Spider's Web
Winding Ribbons
Puppeteer
Blood Hashira
The Two Kings' Nightmares
Night to Remember Pt. 1
Night to Remember Pt. 2
Interrogation
Trustworthy Pt. 1
Trustworthy Pt. 2
Trustworthy Pt. 3
The Lesson
Demon Hashira
85%
Boiling Point
A Ruler Cannot Be Ruled
Multiplicity
Rampage
Lowers
Ruins
Heroism
Ensnared
Radiance
Jackpot
Focused
Hellfire
Light in the Darkness
Marked
Skyfall
Condemned Are The Wicked
Omni-Hashira
Breath of Life, Pain of the Soul
Devastation
Epilogue
A/N: Information

The Prodigy

380 9 2
By DgamerV

Eraserhead's POV:

I stood still, alone, hands in my pocket as I looked on at the scene in front of me. Detective Tsukaiuchi had arrived minutes ago with his team and were currently inspecting the crime scene within the building.

I pressed my hand against my jaw, still attempting to ease the pain from that girl's attack. "She didn't seem that physically strong... she looked quite slim," I thought to myself. My eyes continued to search the room, glossing over every inch of the rubble, dust, and puddles of blood, but no bodies to associate the blood with. My eyes continued to search the room for anything out of the ordinary, until they eventually landed on Detective Tsukaiuchi who was making his way towards me.

"Eraserhead," the man greeted, tipping his hat. "Tsukaiuchi," I said. A sigh escaped my lips as I realized that I'd definitely have to have a long, exhausting meeting with Nezu once this was over.

"This is quite the scene," Tsukaiuchi said. I nodded in agreement, glancing over at the Detective. "Do you have any idea who could've caused this?" he questioned. "It was one of the 'slayers', likely the one who was seen near the Midoriya family's apartment," I said. The detective let out a small grunt, a facial expression that exuded dissatisfaction. "Any physical descriptions you saw that we didn't have before?' Tsukaiuchi asked.

I shook my head soberly. "I only saw an eye color, it was yellow, but other than that, I was unable to see any other facial features," I explained, getting a slightly frustrated sigh from the detective. I thought back to earlier that day, trying to remember if I was forgetting something... something that we didn't know before... maybe something about her clothing that we didn't know before. But that's when it hit me.

"I do remember seeing a depiction of the sun on the back of her haori, something that we hadn't seen before. It may not be much, but it could indicate that her quirk has something to do with the sun..." I began, until I realized something once again.

The slayer must've been the one who caused those giant bursts of light. "On my way to the scene, there were bright flashes of light. The slayer could have some form of a light manipulation quirk," I concluded. A smile plastered across his face. "That's very useful information. Thank you Eraserhead, I'll make sure to record this new piece of info," Tsukaiuchi said.

"Just one more thing. How skillful would you say this 'slayer' was?" Tsukaiuchi asked. "Must've been at least a little competent if she was capable of escaping you," he continued. I nodded, confirming his theory. "She's more skilled than me," I informed, rubbing my jaw once again.

I watched as the detective went slightly wide-eyed. "Are you sure? That's quite the claim."

"I'm sure. She effortlessly knocked me to the ground and easily destroyed my capture scarf. In terms of combat, she's better," I gruffly determined, bringing my hand down from my jaw. The detective took on a look of contemplation. "That could be troublesome, especially if the other 'slayers' are just as good. No wonder they've never been caught," Tsukaiuchi said.

"I'll inform you of anything of importance we may find here. For now that's all the questions I have for you, so you can go if you'd like,' Tsukaiuchi said, putting his hat back on. I nodded apathetically, and turned away leaving the scene behind, pondering on the many possibilities of what was to come with this troublesome organization.

-------------------------------------------------------

Izuku's POV:

I carefully and quietly got out of bed, landing down onto the floor. It was pitch black out. Owls hooting eerily in the dark night sky. Shimmering pearl-like stars acting as a contrast to the sky.

I looked out my window, watching as the wind swept through the trees outside, branches swaying from side-to-side. Crickets incessantly chirping in the tall grass.

"I can't fully rely on my training with Agatsuma-Sensei, I have to train as much as possible if I want to become stronger... and those therapy sessions have only been holding me back," I thought to myself.

"It is nice to talk to that nice man though... even though he hasn't told me his name yet... but still, I can't waste time on that."

"Mom wouldn't want me to... right? She'd want me to do this..."

I walked over to the other side of the room, where my wooded katana was currently propped up against the wall. "I can already somewhat use a form of Flower Breathing... the one that greatly enhances vision... it only makes sense for me to learn more..." I muttered, picking up the wooden katana.

"But the only way I can do that is by getting the Flower Breathing guide..... only problem is... it's in the doctor's room. I think she's asleep, but I'll have to be real careful as to not wake her."

I held the katana firmly by my side. "If I'm going to get away with this, I'll have to perfectly conceal my presence," I told myself, quietly opening the door. I lifted up my small backpack and swung it around my shoulders, creating an audible rattling sound. I winced at the noice.

Normally it wouldn't be enough to wake a person up, but I'm living with highly skillful people who have been trained to notice the slightest things. I have to be more careful. I slowly made my way out of the room, peaking my head around a corner, eyeing the closed door to the doctor's room.

A dim light stretched under the crack in the door, indicating that she was probably still awake. "Dang it..." I muttered. I listened closely for any noises coming from the room, hearing running water.

"She's in the bathroom. If I'm quick... I can go in, get the book, and go out, without being spotted," I though to myself, cautiously tiptoeing my way over to the room.

"I don't feel good about doing this, but the doctor and Agatsuma-Sensei are more concerned with my mental health than training me. If this is what I have to resort to, to get stronger, then I'll do it," I thought, carefully opening the door just a little bit, enough for me to barely fit through. I peaked my head into the room, noticing the door to the bathroom was closed.

"Good. This will be easy," I muttered, quickly concentrating on hiding my presence before fully entering the room.

My eyes searched the room, eventually landing on the same bookshelf I had seen the Flower Breathing guide in before. "There it is!" I thought, making my way over to the bookshelf, running my finger across each book until it reached the book I was looking for.

I grinned slightly, carefully removing the book from the bookshelf. I reached into my open backpack, pulling out a book I had created for this very day. It was a decoy in a sense. I remembered what the Flower Breathing guide has looked like when I first saw it.

I slowly put the book in place of the Flower Breathing guide into the bookshelf. I had made a realistic copy of the guide, so that when I took the real one, the doctor wouldn't notice that it was missing. I was probably going to get caught eventually, but that was future me's problem.

Of course the fake copy was full of blank pages, it was the covering that was identical to the real one. As long as the doctor doesn't look in the copy, I'll be fine.

I carefully made my way towards the door, towards the exit. I inched my way through the slightly opened door, and quietly closed it, not creating any noticeable sounds.

I let out strong sigh, releasing a breath I had been holding in this whole time.

————————————————————————

I sat down in the swaying tall grass, stretching my arms and legs in preparation. I placed my backpack on the ground next to me, reaching inside to take out one of my analysis notebooks. Unfortunately, all of my old ones were back at my old home, but I couldn't exactly go back. So I began creating new ones that were mostly focused on demon slayers and their techniques.

Over the months here I've watched many demon slayers train in the training grounds of the Butterfly Mansion, using many different techniques. None of them were exactly the same as another. Sure, there may have been similarities between them, but nothing identical.

I had carefully watched their movements and internalized them, writing down the strengths and weaknesses of every swordsmanship technique I had seen. This didn't really have much significant purpose, just a way for me to pass the time wen I'm not training. Plus, I internalize the movements well enough, maybe I could end up being able to perform them.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled a little at the thought. "Yeah, right. Like I ever could be that skilled," I thought to myself, flipping through the pages of the Flower Breathing guide. Mosquitos were annoyingly buzzing all around me, occasionally landing on me or on the book, to which I would either swat them away or squash them.

I stood up straight, reading an excerpt from the guide. "Flower Breathing: First Form: Prickly Rose Thorns. The user performs a series of of shallow cuts, which will cause significant lasting pain in the opponent," I muttered as I read the instructions on the easiest form of Flower Breathing.

I read through the instructions a couple of more times in order to truly internalize what it was telling me. I stared at the drawings and visual artwork that showcased the posture I needed to perform this technique. I got up, placing the book on the grassy ground next to me, wind sweeping through my messy, green hair.

I brought the katana up and over my head, just like Agatsuma-Sensei taught me, carefully wielding the wooden katana.

I breathed in and out... in and out... concentrating solely on my steady breathing. "Total Concentration..." I muttered, as I turned to face a tree in front of me.

"Just focus.... concentrate... think of nothing else but performing this technique..." I though to myself. I closed my eyes, one breath in, one breath out.

My eyes shot open, as I got into a fighting stance, feet planted firmly into the dirt, katana by my side ready to slice.

"Flower Breathing: First Form: Prickly Rose Thorns!"

I shot my body forward, letting out a series of slashes onto the tree in front of me, kicking up a large amount of dust and wood chips from the bark of the tree.

I let out a small breath, waiting for the dust to settle to the ground.

My eyes narrowed, squinted as I tried to get a better look at the damage I caused to the tree. My heart began pounding faster than normal as excitement took over. A huge smile spread across my face as I stared at the several shallow cuts I had made all over the tree.

"I did it!" I thought to myself. Of course, it likely wasn't perfection, but I did it exactly how the book told me to. I felt that the intrusive thoughts... that belittling voice in the back of my head wanted to ruin this moment. Wanted to ruin my excitement and pride.

But this time... I didn't let it. I wouldn't let it work this time. Right now I just did something that I didn't think I could ever be able to do. It may not be much... but I had only recently began learning how to use a katana... and I had stopped being taught for the past week in order to focus more on my mental health.

I had only trained with a katana once before this, and I had just successfully performed a form of Flower Breathing. I wasn't about to let the voices ruin it for me!

I turned my attention to back to the guide, carefully reading through each and every page, internalizing everything as well as I possibly could. I was going to succeed. I was going to learn Flower Breathing. I was going to become stronger. I was going to become the strongest.

————————————————————————

The Doctor's POV:

I stood there wide-eyed at what I had just witnessed. After the kid had snuck into my room, expecting me not to sense him, I had grown curious at what he was up to.

I got out of the shower, got dressed, and tracked his path, tracked his residuals like scent and footprints to where he was now. I should have been mad, I should have been furious at what he had done. But I couldn't bring myself to be, not after what I had just seen.

Some random brat... a 7 year old brat, comes out of no where and perfectly performs the first form of Flower Breathing on his first try. I hadn't seen anything like it. This was never seen before... this was unprecedented!

It had never been done before. No one has ever successfully performed a form of any breathing style on the first attempt, with out any formal training. Never.

I felt... shocked... proud of the little brat for what he had just accomplished. I was still relatively angry at him for stealing the book and sneaking off hear without my permission. But for the first time in my life, my anger was drowned out by a mixture of other emotions.

I couldn't help but be... a little horrified at his potential. If he can do that so easily... who's to say he couldn't do it for every other form of Flower Breathing. Who's to say he couldn't instantly learn forms from other Breathing Styles.

This kid might very well be a prodigy. Possibly the greatest prodigy seen in the Demon Slayer Corps. While he does need to get better at concealing his presence, he seems naturally adept to breathing techniques.

But how? Is he a descendant of an old demon slayer? Perhaps a reincarnation of a past slayer? I couldn't know for sure. I couldn't know for sure...

The only thing that I did know, was that this kid was going to be a real monster in the future. A terrifying thought as I watched the prodigy continue to practice the first form over and over again even though he had already perfectly performed it.

Author's Note: Hey everybody. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was mostly focused on Deku's natural talent and potential as a demon slayer, instantly learning the first form of Flower Breathing before even touching Light Breathing, which is what he is supposed to be learning with Hina Agatsuma.

However, this chapter also develops the subplot of the heroes and police force gaining more information on the the "slayers".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 54 12
This story contains triggering things, such as abuse, bullying, harm, and etc. If you are uncomfortable with any of these, then please do not read. R...
164K 4.2K 113
(No romance) In a world where quirks exist and two sides fight named heroes and villains where one side fight for the good and one side fights for th...
47.8K 812 51
😈💀😈 Part I- In the lower grounds of UA, where the students are directed to not explore in, seven children along with three mentors occupy the area...
51.1K 1.2K 17
New name: To Be A Hero (BNHA X KNY Male Reader) What happens when you put a kid who finds being a hero troublesome, but still somewhat finds himself...