Dimension Danger

By GhostStory_13

The spiders are back! It's been two years since the five spider-themed heroes were blown into Miles Morales's... More

Chapter 1: Across Dimensions
Chapter 2: Miguel
Chapter 3: Friend Date
Chapter 4: Pizza Time
Chapter 5: Break and Enter
Chapter 6: Swooning
Chapter 7: Interesting
Chapter 8: The Meeting
Chapter 9: Scarlet
Chapter 10: Angel
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 11: The Fall
Chapter 12: Anger and Arguments
Chapter 13: Day Out
Chapter 14: Great Responsibility
Chapter 15: Hero or Villain?
Chaprter 16: Until the Multiverse Falls Apart
Chapter 17: Sick
Chapter 18: Chase
Chapter 19: I'm Not Going Anywhere
Chapter 20: Fight
Chapter 21: We'll Find Her
Chapter 22: Silence
Chapter 23: Promise
Chapter 24: Pain
Chapter 25: Disaster in the Sky
Chapter 26: The Best
Chapter 28: Chance
Chapter 29: The Plan
Chapter 30: Finally
Chapter 31: Gwanda
EPILOUGUE
A/N

Chapter 27: The Theory

1.3K 40 40
By GhostStory_13

Gwen had a theory.

Miles Morales had a crush on her.

It wasn't exactly concrete, but she there had seen so many signs recently.

The first was what Adrian said to her. She didn't believe him at first, but the more she payed attention, the more she thought that maybe he knew what he talking about.

She had pushed off Miles's awkward behavior as part of his personality, but what if it went deeper than that? His strange actions had only increased as time went on.

Gwen knew Miles cared about her- sometimes even to an annoying extent, but could it be possible that there was something else behind it?

She remembered the way he held her hand when he held her hand as they studied the picture of her mother and the affection and care that radiated from his eyes. She thought of the way he had always gone out of his way to spend the day with her, even though his schedule with school was hectic. She remembered his genuine concern for her getting sick and then how he brought her favorite ice cream once she did. She could recall how easily he forgave her when she forced him away from the fight. She was sure he would have stayed angry with her, but he acted as if it had never happened. He even kept trying to reach out to her after their argument, even though she was in the wrong.

Miles was to good for this world- for any world.

This couldn't all be by coincidence... right?

"Gwen, were here."

The girl stopped her swinging as the two landed on nearly rooftop. They ducked down, hugging low to the ground, trying to keep the best balance she could with only one hood hand. She peered over at Miles's house across the street. The nearly black sky gave Gwen an ominous feeling.

She really hoped his parents were okay for Miles's sake.

Miles didn't waste a second, slinging himself over to his open bedroom window and slipping inside. Gwen checked to make sure none of the creatures were around before following suit.

Once inside, the two teens locked gazes and Gwen lifted up a lone finger, placing it lightly against her mask. Miles nodded in agreement.

He crept out of the room and Gwen was right on his heels, listening for any sign of his parents. They tread down the stairs and Gwen winced at the loud creaking of the floor boards.

They reached the final step and Miles suddenly jut out a hand, halting her movement.

Gwen's brows furrowed. Confused, she poked her head around the corner and her breath caught in her throat.

There sitting in the silence. Was a burly figure. It sat at the kitchen table with the morning paper lifted to its face, obscuring Gwen's vision of its face.

"I..." Miles seemed to be too scared for words, "Officer? Is that you?"

"No," a raspy voice hissed. Gwen shuddered, her eyes widening in freight. "He's not here." Miles took a step back as Gwen took a protective step forward. The monster lowered the paper, showcasing its pearly white fangs that formed a sinister smile. A pair of aviator rested just under its eyes. His fingers dug into the table as he dragged them back, leaving jagged streaks across the wood. Gwen winced at the gruff sound. The creature's tongue whipped against it's teethe. "Only Venom!"

The pile of black goo, lurched forward knocking over the table in the process. Gwen reacted instantaneously. She swung her right arm, landing a blow to the side of it's head, sending it crashing into the wall. She spared a glance back at Miles. He was frozen in place. The eyes of his mask were enlarged- petrified.

Gwen grit her teeth as she fixed her eyes back on the creature. She wouldn't let that thing get anywhere near Miles.

Venom snarled- it's teethe bared in anger. Gwen grimaced as saliva dripped from its mouth, "And Em Jay wants to give me a makeover."

Venom pounced at her and Gwen ducked out of the way. She leapt to the ceiling, before firing two webs down on either side of the beast's head. She used the velocity to propel herself down feet first as she bashed the things head into the floor.

"Stop!" Miles wailed. Gwen head whipped over to face him, her feet now positioned on the monster's back. "Don't hurt him," he begged.

Miles felt her heart ache at the brokenness in her words. Yes, she had expected this, but she had hoped for a better outcome.

Gwen felt a sharp pain as she was knocked to the floor. Her arms splint taking most of the force, but pain still spewed from her arm. Inky feet stood over her as another Venom, looked down at her before lifting it's head and screeching an terrifying cry. This creature looked more feminine. It's body less bulky and more defines. Gwen instinctively lifted her arms up to guard her face.

"Why didn't my spider-sense-"

Presume was placed on her throat as a cold gooey hand slinked around, enclosing tightly. Gwen coughed and sputtered as she clawed at the hold to no avail. A long, snakelike tongue shot out from it's mouth and, quickly swiped across her face, leaving her mask damp. Under normal circumstances, Gwen would have gagged. It's breath reeked of rot and decay.

"Gross! Gross! So gross!"

Black spots lined the girls vision as she wheezed for breath. With the limited movement she was aloud under the she-monster's grip Gwen spared a glance at Miles, silently pleading for help.

She watched as the boy's wide eyes narrowed and his fists clenched at his side. His voice came out dark and strained, "I don't care who you are. I won't let you hurt her."

The larger one finally raised back to its feet a sickening smile plastered on its face. "Puny boy," it hissed, "We are-"

"I couldn't care less," Miles interrupted. His voice raised to a scream, "Let her go!" A small spurt of electricity jumps from his hands, Miles
paused before staring at his hands wide eyed.

Gwen instantly felt the tension on her neck slip away and she gasped for breath as both of the creatures took cautious steps back. Even through her panting, Gwen squinted in confusion. They looked almost... scared?

The two creatures shared a glance before turning on their heels and darting away. They leapt through an open window in the Morales kitchen and in second they were gone. It was like they were never there.

Gwen turned to Miles to find his sitting on the floor, his masked clutched tightly in his hand as his glistened with unshed tears. She made her way to his side before plopping down next to him.

The two just sat there in silence. There were no words to be said. There was nothing Gwen could say to make this better. It was impossible.

"We have to go to Visions." Miles rasped, his voice broken and tired, "I need to find Ganke."

Gwen frowned, "Miles, I think we should head back."

She watched as his lip quivered and Gwen's frown deepened. "I know we should," the boy whimpered, "You're right and you can go back back if you have to... but I can't."

Gwen stood abruptly, trying to reason with him, "Miles, those things could have killed us."

He stood as well, his teeth clenched, "Those things are my parents." There was a fire in his eyes.

A joke briefly came to Gwen's mind about how she could see the resemblance, but she bit her tongue. This was serious.

"Your parents are in there, Miles, but... that wasn't them." She was so glad she still had her mask on. It was a shield from her current emotions.

He turned away from her and mumbled, "So my parents are gone and the Venom's ruined my mom's table! You've got a broken arm and I can't..." he looked down at his hands before hanging his head, a defeated sighed falling from his lips.

Gwen places a hand on his shoulder, "At least we know that they're scared of something."

"What does it matter? I can't use it!"
Miles wailed. He gulped, shaking his head, "I'm not... strong enough."

"Miles, that's not-"

"Come with me," the boy said abruptly, "I-I mean, please come with me."

Gwen titled her head to the side, "What?"

"Spider-man's not strong enough to save everyone. I'm not strong enough, but if I'm with you maybe... I can."

"Miles you're not making any sense."

"Come with me," he whispered his voice gentle, "I feel... stronger with you."

There was such a raw sight of intensity and sincerity in his eyes and Gwen was drawn to it.

Suddenly, a thought hit Gwen like a ton of bricks. With the snap of a finger, everything made sense.

"I can like text you... right?"

"I knew you'd catch me,"

"Always for you, Gwanda."

"I'm not going anywhere, Gwen."

"You're all I have. You know?"

"I promise I won't leave you."

"Until the multiverse falls
apart."

"I know something is wrong... Just talk to me."

"I really want to... hug you,"

"I will get you out of here. I promise. And I always keep my promises.

"That doesn't mean I can't still be your knight in skintight armor."

"Because... I care about you."

"You shouldn't have to ask me that."

"What do you mean why? You're amazing."

"You're the best. You know that?"

"I feel... stronger with you."

Gwen felt the air escape her in a breath. Had he been... trying to flirt with her this whole time?

She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed it. Even tonight- the way his eyes fell when she objected the thought them dating. The way his eyes went down to her lips when Peter annoyingly gave the suggestion that they kiss. Gwen wasn't stupid. She had noticed.

But... how had she not realized sooner?

There was one question that swat around Gwen's mind- ran laps.

"Why?"

Why would he pick her? It made no sense? She was... nothing.

"Gwen? Are you okay?"

"No..." she needed to be alone. She need to process... everything. Panic and fear swirled around her mind.

Concerned, eyes studied her and Gwen couldn't recall ever feeling so small. His hand cupped her cheek and Gwen flinched out of his grasp. He couldn't do that- not now that she knew it could mean something. It's not that she didn't like him... but he shouldn't like her. He didn't know her... not really. She couldn't tell him about her past. She was too scared- scared of what he would think of her.

If Gwen couldn't be honest with him... how could she be with him.

Hurt flashed across Miles's eyes as he took a cautious step back.

"What have I done now?"

Gwen was angry- at herself and at this whole situation. She had gotten what she wanted, but there was always something standing in the way.

It's like she just wasn't allowed to be happy. Nothing ever went right.

"I'm sorry," she spoke in a hushed voice.

"What do you-"

"Let's go find, Ganke."

"But Gwen, I-"

"We're losing daylight, Miles."

Miles rose a brown as he cast her a confused look, "It's like three A.M. It's pitch black out."

Gwen took a glance out the window, "Aw man, we lost it."

Yes, Gwen fell back on humor when she was upset. Really broken humor as she now could tell.

The girl eyed Miles, hoping he'd take the bait. She watched as his concerned features only intensified and she gulped.

Miles sighed, turning his back to her. He slipped his mask over his face. "Look, I won't push." With that he zipped away, leaving Gwen with a frown resting on her face.

It was a silent swing to visions, both teens lost in their own thoughts.

"This is just like last time."

Gwen could help, but realize it. This was the same problem that had pulled them apart before and she knew that she was the root of the problem. She wished she could do something, but they were fine. They would be fine. Miles was a forgiving person and while Gwen didn't want to abuse that fact, she wasn't ready to come to terms with, well... everything.

After a few more minutes, the duo landed outside Miles's dorm room. They stuck to the wall as they peered through the glass.

Gwen peeked over at Miles. His posture was rigid and his muscles tense. She knew he was afraid that the same thing might have happened to his friend. He was scared of the possibility that this was all for nothing.

Gwen wanted to ease his worry, but there wasn't much she could do. What could she do?

The girl nervously placed a hand on top of his. The boy glanced over to meet her gaze. Gwen could see the edges of his mask quirk up in a small smile, before he refocused his attention on the window.

Gwen cared about Miles- she really did and it was evident that he cared about her. If she told him about Peter- about how the press painted her- maybe he would listen to her side. Miles wasn't like everyone else. He was caring. He understood her in a way no one else could. They just... They clicked.

"I feel...stronger with you."

That warmed her heart. Now, Gwen knew.

Miles Morales was her strength.

"I hope that's he's not been... taken," Miles spoke softly. His voice sound so small and gentle. He wasn't upset with her. He understood.

Maybe should could trust him with her secrets- with her heart. Right?

Gwen pursed her lips as she let out a shaky breath a decision placed in her mind. "Only one way to find out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 632 30
Quickly after the events of 'Into The Spiderverse', Miles is contacted by Gwen seemingly out of nowhere. After agreeing to meet up and talk about wha...
All of Me By zwa!

Fanfiction

6.2K 325 13
"I'm supposed to save the world, Peter." "Well, there's your problem right there. You can't think about saving the whole world. You have to think ab...
28.3K 809 19
HOBIE BROWN x OC ~> ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ ᴏʀɢᴀɴɪꜱᴍ. ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱɪᴛᴜᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ʜᴏʙɪᴇ ʙʀᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇʟɪᴢᴀ ʙʀᴏᴏᴋʟʏɴ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛᴏ...
132K 1.7K 29
What if things had gone differently? What if the blond Peter Parker of Earth 1610 got to train Miles like he said he would? What if Miles had already...