RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

Af ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... Mere

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 27

237 10 0
Af ZANE_555

(A Few Minutes Ago)

Outside of Beacon tower, Jaune and Pyrrha run out of the front door. The muffled sounds of Ozpin and Cinder's fight can be heard. During this, Jaune take out his scroll, looking through it.

Jaune: "Okay, I think I have Glynda number. Oh, where is it?"

Pyrrha turns and stares silently at Beacon Tower. Jaune's voice soon breaks her concentration.

Jaune: "Pyrrha? What was all of that?"

She turns to look at Jaune.

Pyrrha: "I..."

Their conversation is interrupted by an explosion, followed by Cinder using fire to fly up through the elevator shaft. The two teens stare at the tower in surprise with Jaune completely stunned.

Jaune: "But... Ozpin..."

Pyrrha, however, look at herself, seeing the dim glow around her, now realizing that she has a tiny shred of Maiden power within her.

Pyrrha: "There's no time."

She shakes her head, then looks at Jaune, quickly adopting a determined tone and look.

Pyrrha: "Go. Get to Vale and call for help."

Jaune: "Huh? What are you gonna do?"

Pyrrha slowly turns her head to stare up at the top of Beacon Tower. Following her gaze, Jaune realizes what she plans to do.

Jaune: "No... no, Pyrrha, you can't. You saw how powerful she is! Pyrrha, I won't let you do-"

Suddenly, Pyrrha pulls Jaune in a hug, silencing him. After a moment of hesitation, he gently embraces it. She then pulls away, and stares into his eyes, one hand on his cheek and the other on his chest, giving a sad expression.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry."

She then uses her semblance on his armor, pushing him directly into a nearby locker, which slams shut from the impact.

Jaune: "Hey! Wait! Stop, stop! Pyrrha, please don't do this!"

While Jaune pleads, Pyrrha walks over to the locker and begins typing coordinates into it. She looks him in the eyes one last time, before stepping back and watching the locker fly away. Once it vanishes into the distance, she clenches her fists and, once again, adopts a determined demeanor as she walks toward the tower.

Once she steps through the entrance, she runs to the elevator and uses her semblance to force the doors open. Inside, she finds that Cinder has left a large hole in the floor and roof of the elevator on her way up. Pyrrha steps inside the elevator, closes her eyes, and begins mustering all of her strength. The elevator begins shaking violently. She focuses her semblance even harder, straining herself, until the elevator begins a quick ascent toward to the very top.

Meanwhile, Ruby and Weiss are on their way back to Beacon campus, taking down some nearby Grimm when Weiss' Scroll begins ringing.

Weiss: "It's Jaune!"

With a single press of a button, she answers the call.

Weiss: "Where are you?"

In the street somewhere in Vale, Jaune has opened a joint call with not only Weiss, but also Nora, Y/N, and Glynda. They can hear the panic in his voice.

Jaune: "Please, you have to stop her!"

Weiss: "What!?"

Nora: "Jaune?"

Glynda: "What is going on, Mr. Arc?"

Jaune: "Pyrrha! She's going after that woman at the top of the tower! S-She doesn't stand a chance!"

Y/N: "What happened to Ozpin?"

Jaune: "Ozpin's gone, Y/N! Just go save Pyrrha!"

Weiss: "Jaune, what are you talking about!? Where are you?"

Immediately, Jaune shouts into his scroll's speaker.

Jaune: "Don't worry about me!"

The blonde boy leans against a wall and lower his volume to normal, his voice full of sadness now. 

Jaune: "Please... someone... anyone... save Pyrrha."

Weiss: "We will."

Nora: "Are you okay?"

Glynda: "Is there anything else you can tell us?"

With one last flare of emotion, Jaune screams and throws his Scroll onto the ground, breaking it. He collapses onto his hands and knees, crying. In his scroll, Y/N leaves the joint call, having heard enough.

Jaune: "Please... I'm begging you..."

Weiss: "Jaune?"

Nora: "Jaune!"

The ground shakes, alerting Ruby and Weiss to the danger that approaches them. The Wyvern flies into view, circling Beacon Tower with black ooze dripping from it. It perches on one of the arches stemming from the tower and utters a screech. Ruby draws Crescent Rose, shifting it into its scythe form in preparation for the Grimm spawning from the ooze.

Ruby: "I have a plan."

In response, Weiss draws out Myrtenaster.

Weiss: "You always do."

(Ozpin's Office)

At the top of the tower, a large amount of smoke flows out from the elevator, masking the entrance of Cinder Fall. She confidently strides to the window across the room, a smirk on her face. As if sensing her presence, the Wyvern climbs up to the top, peers at her through the window, and screeches. In response to this, Cinder gives a gentle, comforting tone. 

Cinder: "Shhhh... This is your home now." 

The Wyvern stares at her and utters a shorter, quieter screech. Cinder backs away from the window and holds her hand out to the side, creating a fireball in her palm. The sound of sparks distracts her, and she looks over her shoulder at the elevator, her fireball vanishing.

Cinder: ("Now... where are those files and the relic...")

 After a few moments, the sparks come to a stop, and immediately upon the elevator doors' opening, Pyrrha's spear flies toward Cinder, who casually leans to her right to dodge with a smirk on her face. The spear is soon followed by Pyrrha's shield, backed by Pyrrha herself, and Cinder puts her arms up, blocking it and pushing it away. While Cinder uses fire to hover in the air, Pyrrha calls her spear and shield back to her with her semblance, staring down her opponent. Cinder spot the small amount of maiden power within Pyrrha as a small speckle of gold around her skin.

Cinder: ("Guess the files and relic will have to wait.")

 Cinder gains a fiery glow around her eyes and swipes her hand through the air, attacking Pyrrha with an arc of fire. She then shoots a stream of fire, which Pyrrha dives over. Six small fireballs form in a circle behind Cinder, and she sends another streak of fire toward Pyrrha, who barely avoids it. Once again, Cinder sends a stream of fire the young redhead's way, but this time, Pyrrha blocks it with her shield. She leaps toward Cinder, powering through the flame, and as soon as the fire stops, she spins around and slashes Cinder's arm with her spear. However, Cinder catches the blade and pulls, turning Pyrrha around. Cinder slams her palm into Pyrrha's stomach, and fire bursts forth, blasting Pyrrha away. Pyrrha slams into a wall and falls to her hands and knees. She then stands back up and faces Cinder with determination still in her eyes. Cinder propels herself forward with flames jetting from her hands, smirking once again. She attempts to slam into Pyrrha's abdomen, but Pyrrha leaps into the air above her and wraps her arm around Cinder's. As Cinder slows to a stop, Pyrrha positions herself to place her feet on the wall behind her and pushes off, flipping herself over Cinder. She uses the momentum to flip and toss Cinder across the floor. Cinder lands on her front and, as she slides, she pushes off the floor to get back on her feet and perform a back-handspring. Her smirk turns into a look of slight concern upon the sight of Pyrrha charging forward to slam her shield into Cinder's abdomen and push her over. As Cinder stumbles backwards, Pyrrha hits Cinder's right hand with the blunt end of her spear, then slashes Cinder's left hand with the spear's blade. She then spins around and slashes across Cinder's abdomen and legs. Pyrrha spins around to attack again, but Cinder performs a backflip whilst kicking Pyrrha, with flames trailing behind her foot. The kick knocks Pyrrha into the air, and Pyrrha quickly rights herself. She flips her spear in her grip, holds it back, and then tosses it toward Cinder while firing the gun mechanism. Six fireballs appear around Cinder again, but they dissipate when Cinder backhands the spear away. Pyrrha's shield then flies toward her, and she hits it away, as well. After being momentarily distracted by the shield, Cinder returns her attention to Pyrrha and gains a look of slight surprise, then annoyance. 

Cinder: ("So, she has a sliver of maiden power. All the more reason to dispose of her.")

Pyrrha launches herself toward Cinder and puts her arms around her, tackling her. The two turn each other in mid-air, fighting to be the one on top. Upon their landing, the room fills with a white cloud. When the dust settles, Pyrrha has Cinder in a choke hold, and Cinder is barely managing to hold Pyrrha's spear away from her neck. 

Cinder: "Is that all you got?"

The Wyvern flies away, and Cinder's eyes begin glowing as she applies heat to the spear in her hands. Her grip tightens as she heats the spear more and more, staring over her shoulder at Pyrrha. Upon hearing a loud screech, Cinder turns her gaze ahead and smirks, while Pyrrha gains a look of fear. While Pyrrha sets her focus on the Wyvern that is flying toward the tower, Cinder finally snaps the spear's melted blade into pieces. Just before the Wyvern slams its wing into the roof of Ozpin's office, Cinder elbows Pyrrha in the abdomen. The room fills with a green glow as the windows shatter and Pyrrha goes flying across the room. Giant cogs and debris come crashing down in the office, and the structure containing the transmitter falls to the ground outside, in pieces.

(A Few Minutes Ago)

Y/N slash and dash some Grimm away from him, still clutching the bloody stump where his left arm used to be. He finally reaches the base of the Beacon Tower, catching his breath. Upon doing this, Y/N spot the entire roof being blown away by the Wyvern crashing into top part of the tower.

Y/N: ("I need to get up there. It's now or never.")

Taking a deep breath, Y/N's red eyes glow a bit and goes to leap and it's followed by a red glyph being formed, which he lands. Soon enough, Y/N slowly hop on one red glyph after another, trying desperately to get to the top of Ozpin's office.

Meanwhile, Cinder forms an obsidian bow in her hand. As she raises it up and draws back an obsidian arrow, Pyrrha charges forward, spins, and throws her shield at her. Cinder shoots the arrow, which shatters upon impact with the side of the shield. However, as the fragments part ways above and below the shield, they glow orange and rejoin each other on the other side. The fragments melt into each other and cool into the shape of an arrow, which continues on its path directly into Pyrrha's ankle. Pyrrha collapses in pain. She attempts to pull herself to her feet, but the pain is too much. Both ends of the arrow break off, making removal impossible. She turns over onto her hands and knees as Cinder moves to stand in front of her.

Cinder: "It's unfortunate you were promised a power that was never truly yours. But take comfort in knowing that I will use it in ways you could never have imagined."

Pyrrha turns to Cinder.

Pyrrha: "Do you believe in destiny?"

Her question makes Cinder frown, narrowing her eyes.

Cinder: "Yes."

Before Cinder can approach Pyrrha, she and Pyrrha turn their attention to Y/N, leaping into the ruined office with them. Y/N looks over at Pyrrha, injured, being on all four, and seeing an arrow sticking of her left ankle. Enraged, Y/N turns to Cinder as he slowly gets up with Grimm Slayer.

Y/N: "Cinder! Get away from her!"

Pyrrha: "Y/N...?"

Cinder: "What the...?"

A bit surprised to see him and missing an arm, Cinder then looks at him with an amused smile on her face.

Cinder: "Well, well, Y/N L/N. Wasn't expecting to see you here but, you just save me the trouble of finding you."

Y/N: "Why... why are you doing this, Cinder? I... I thought..."

Cinder: "Aww, you must have some feelings for me, didn't you?"

Y/N is seething over her remark, seeing the smug, mocking tone she's giving.

Cinder: "But how naive you can be. Didn't I told you not to trust others so easily?"

Y/N: "You, Emerald, and Mercury... you've all been behind this from the start. The illusions, forcing Roman and Neo to work for you, the White Fang, Adam, the Grimm attacks... everything was all because of you."

Cinder claps her hands for a bit.

Cinder: "Wow! We got a genius over here. And right under your very noses too. I'm quite glad to be getting some recognition for my work."

Y/N quickly snaps back at her, pointing Grimm Slayer at her with his only arm.

Y/N: "This isn't some game, Cinder! People have died! The kingdom and school are in shambled!"

In response, Cinder continues with her smug expression.

Cinder: "Oh but it is. Heh, really brings back memories of home, doesn't it Y/N?"

Immediately, Y/N summon a red glyph beneath him, which boost his dash towards her, striking out with Grimm Slayer. Cinder block it with a flame sword she conjured out of thin air.

Cinder: "Struck a nerve, did I?"

Y/N is angrily glaring at her as the two collide blades with one another. 

Cinder: "And since this is a game and now that you're here, I can finally move on the next level."

Cinder began to slash at Y/N, and he managed to keep up with her strikes, but with difficulty. Her speed has higher than he had anticipated, especially since he's running out of aura, not enough to summon another glyph to assist him. After blocking one of her strikes, he spun low and swept out wide with his right leg, but Cinder steps backwards, avoiding it. Instead, she conjured another blade in her left hand and slash at his chest, making him cry out in pain, turning backwards, and Cinder kick him in the back, sending him down on all fours. 

Cinder: "What's the matter, Y/N? Running out of aura?"

Y/N reach out his hand to touch his chest where Cinder cut him, feeling the blood on his fingers. Growling at her, Y/N got up again and went on the offensive. He swung Grimm Slayer relentlessly at her, but Cinder stopped each and every one of his strikes with a flaming palm.

Y/N: ("She's just toying with me!")

He swung downwards at her, which she dodged, but then used the momentum to spin vertically, and drop a kick at her head. Cinder held out her hand and caught his foot before slamming her flaming palm into his torso, sending him flying. Y/N managed to stick his blade into the ground, preventing him from flying off the edge of the roof. 

Cinder charged forward, flying straight towards him, and Y/N held up Grimm Slayer in front of him as a shield, absorbing the impact from her fiery strike. He then pushed her backwards and quickly executed a couple of strikes which connected with her torso. Cinder goes to retaliate by summoning a fire ball in her hand only for Y/N does a downward kick on her arm, making her shoot the fire ball on the floor. The resulting explosion created a smoke screen. 

Cinder: ("Clever trick...")

Cinder peered closely at the gray smoke before a large object suddenly came flying at her. It was one of the doors of the elevators. She quickly held up her palm and shifted the object to the side until Y/N emerge from behind it as Cinder knock it away. His blade held up high for a mighty swing. He unleashed a powerful strike which connected with Cinder's torso, and sent flying far off into the distance, away from the tower. Cinder balanced herself on the air, clutching her stomach. She frowns at this before flying back to the tower, charging at Y/N with a large blade held in her hands. Both of them clash their blades together, staring at one another with menacing glowing eyes. Before long, Cinder's eyes burn brighter, flame coming out of them and with a movement of her wrist, she used her blade to knock Grimm Slayer away from his hand. For a brief moment, Y/N's attention shifted to his discarded weapon before turning back to Cinder, who slam a fiery punch to his face. It sends him flying but, using that momentum, he rolls over to Grimm Slayer, quickly grabbing it only to stumble for a moment to get back up as his aura run out. Irritated by this, Cinder flew higher and higher into the air, flying above him and proceeds to slam her brining palm towards him with Y/N sluggishly try to move out of the way, but failing.

Pyrrha: "Y/N!"

Thinking quickly, the injured Pyrrha spot one of the remaining large metal gears in the destroyed office. Using what little control she has for her semblance, she moves the metal gear to be in front of the charging Cinder. It doesn't stop her as she slams through the gear. It does, however, stagger her a bit from her charge, giving Y/N enough time to jump out of the way on the floor, coughing out some blood from his mouth. Cinder landed next to him, only cracking a large chunk of the office's floor. Cinder then turns to Y/N, kicking his face, drawing more blood from him.

Cinder: "You actually performed better than I thought. But... I'm getting tired of this."

She turns on her heels and walk towards Pyrrha, conjuring up a blade in her hand. Upon seeing this, Y/N tries to move at best he can.

Y/N: "No! Don't do this!"

She ignores his plead, pointing her blade at Pyrrha, who's still on all fours, but now looking over at Y/N with a sad expression on her face. Y/N, with some difficulty, got up and drag himself with Grimm Slayer in hand. Catching Pyrrha's gaze, he held out a finger and point at it. Lifting Grimm Slayer, Y/N flung it at Cinder with all his might, but Cinder notice what he's doing and simply moved her head and dodged it, smirking as she does.

Cinder: "So much for that."

Y/N: "Pyrrha! Now!!!"

Cinder is left a bit confused at his brief shout, not noticing that Pyrrha extending an arm and took control of Y/N's blade with her semblance, spinning it a bit as it boomerangs back towards her. The moment she hears the sound of the sword coming towards and she turn her attention, the blade makes a large slash at Cinder's left eye. Cinder scream loudly in agony, clutching the wound on the left side of her face. Desperately, Y/N catch his sword in midair and take this opportunity to slash at Cinder's left arm, injuring it. In retaliation, Cinder kick him away and he fell down, but the damage had been done. She yells in utter anger and frustration.

Cinder: "You bastard!!!"

She rushes towards Y/N, stabbing him in the shoulders with two burning blades. 

Pyrrha: "No!"

Y/N yell out in pain at the sensation. Cinder drove the blades deeper for a moment, with fury plastered all over her face. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, on the ground below the Beacon Tower, Ruby and Weiss fight off Grimm.

Ruby: "We've gotta hurry!"

Weiss looks around for a moment, before casting a series of glyphs up the side of the tower.

Weiss: "You can do this."

Ruby runs forward, then uses her semblance to propel herself up to the first glyph. She then sprints up the wall, the glyphs propelling her forward and keeping her from falling off.

__________________________________________________________________________

Eventually, Cinder stops, retrieving her blades and making them vanish. She briefly held her two new wounds and hiss in pain at the touch.

Cinder: "You... are extremely lucky... that 'she' needs you alive..."

She soon composed herself again only to turn to Pyrrha, now kneeling at this point.

Cinder: "Unfortunately, this one isn't needed at all."

Immediately, Cinder conjured up a bow and arrow, firing it directly into Pyrrha's chest.

Y/N: "No!!!"

Suddenly, Rub came up over the edge.

Ruby: "Y/N!? What's-?" 

The two watches in shock, seeing Pyrrha gasps in pain, the wound in her chest emits a small golden glow. Cinder approaches her fallen foe and places a hand on Pyrrha's head. There was a flash of orange light as the golden glow goes to Cinder as Pyrrha's body disintegrated into glowing ashes, leaving only her headgear and gears behind, which fell to the floor with a loud clang. Sadness and rage are plastered over Y/N's face as he desperately tries to attack Cinder only to fall to the floor once more.

Y/N: "You fucking bitch!!!"

Ruby's expression is filled with despair and sadness as tears form in her eyes as her mind remembers all the moments, good and bad, she had with Pyrrha. Ruby clenches her fists, curls her arms to her body, and then suddenly flings her arms out to the sides, beginning to levitate slightly off the ground. Brilliant white light flows from her eyes as she screams out the name of her dear friend.

Ruby: "PYRRHAAAAAA!!!!"

The white light envelopes her, spreading out to the Wyvern and Cinder, shocking her.

Cinder: "What!?!"

The blinding flash of light envelopes Y/N as well, who is completely stunned to see this happening to Ruby. Soon enough, pain is the only thing his entire body is feeling right now, seeing nothing but the white light, and his ear beginning to ring loudly. 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

156K 3.5K 71
he's here, he's there, he's everywhere, who ya gonna call? your cat friend Y/n! ( I don't RWBY or any pictures in this fanfiction)
111K 2.3K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...
21.9K 272 39
[UNDER HEAVY REVISION] Hey, Atlas here. I'm currently rewriting this story. As such, the original description no longer applies, so I put it down at...
33K 329 19
You are Y/N L/N, a Huntsman who graduated from Atlas Academy. His team had gotten killed on a Search and Destroy mission and he was the only one who...