The Dragon and the Princess...

By SM_book_anime

Lucy Heartfillia is a sixteen year old princess that likes to bend her father's rules. She is the princess of... More

One - The Encounter
Two - This is War
Three - Marking
Four - Chamber Days
Five - I Love You
Six - The Bite
Eight - War
Nine - Happy Endings

Seven - Denial

3.6K 95 14
By SM_book_anime

Pretend Natsu has dragon wings in the top picture. Or imagine his Shield is really strong and you can't see them because we're all just humans.

_________

Natsu

Yeah, so, Lucy and I went back to our home to get a death glare from my father. And nobody could have stood emotionless about that. "YOU GO AND MATE WHILE WE'RE AT WAR?! WHAT KIND OF SICK SON ARE YOU?!" Igneel booms.

My face turns red, not sure if its embarrassment or rage. "You've told me if I couldn't hold my feelings then I were to bring my lover to the cave!" I yell furiously. Igneel smashes his large claw straight in front of me, making a long cut across my chest. I don't flinch, now not scared of his glare, but glaring back. "You were the one that said that I were to bring the woman I love, and want to be my side until death, to that cave! I'm sorry that it dragged out, but Lucy was born in the human world and it was a change! I wanted to make her feel at home, I wanted her to feel that I was her home, I needed to show her that we aren't the monsters that her father might've told her about!" I raise my hands, using large gestures to explain everything.

Igneel stays silent, making my palms sweat. "You really love her?"

"Is there a problem with following my heart, father?" I sneer, showing my sharp teeth.

My father's eyes widen, but then he sighs, a smile coming over his face. "Fine, your mate is to be moved into your room." He says softly before waving his paw for me to leave.

I rush out and come around the corner to see Lucy chatting up a storm with Erza, and I stop in my tracks scared of what Erza might think...

And the scarlet-haired girl turns to me, and... SMILES?! "You really treat your woman well, it seems, or maybe she sees through that idiotic aura."

I sweat-drop. "Nice to see you too, Erza." I mumble, dragging my feet to stand beside Lucy. I slip my arm around Lucy's waist. "So, how're you and Jellal?" I ask, a smirk playing on my lips.

Erza's cheeks turn red. "W-what are you talking about? We were never a 'how are you two?'!" She huffs, her cute side showing.

We hear foot steps coming down the hall, and we look sideways to see Jellal and Meredy. Erza jumps slightly and I smile more slyly. "Oi, Jellal, we were just speaking about you. Erza was saying how h-" OWOWOWOWOOWOW! SHE HIT ME IN THE HEAD WITH THE BUTT OF HER SWORD!

Jellal comes to a stop with Meredy beside her, his eyebrows raised. "What was that?"

"Never mind... I don't want to die." I grumble.

Lucy and Meredy giggle at the same time, but all I can hear is Lucy's cute laugh. I smile at her, and when she notices this her face turns red. "Baka! You're staring weirdly again!"

"I can't help it!" I complain, and get another hit in the head. "You know what Erza?! I met my manly side over the past few days-" I pause, feeling someone pull my hair. "OWOWOW!"

Jellal chuckles. "Not as manly as-" Meredy is amazing sometimes... "OW!" He screeches, stepping away from the pink-haired girl. "Meredy! What the heck?!"

"Did I embarrass you in front of your girl friend?" She hums teasingly.

At the same time, Erza and Jellal scream, "We're not together!"

Lucy smirks. "First stage is denial."

"We've been in that stage since we were kids!" Erza bellows, crossing her arms. "Nothing will change, and men are a distraction on the battle field! I already have my nakama in my mind, I don't need favoritism!"

Jellal looks taken back, but nods in agreement. "We're no more then partners."

"In love~" I sing.

Both their faces light up. "NO WE'RE NOT!" And Erza hits me again.

~+~+~+~

I kinda regret letting Erza hit me. I feel dizzy, yet I need to go to the battlefield in an hour. Yes. We're doing a sneak attack on the kingdom... though I don't want to. When I nervously explained this to Lucy, she looked so sad that it made my heart hurt. These feelings are never going to wear off are they... oh well I love her and that's not going to change. EVER.

"Natsu-nii, you need to go get equipped for battle." Wendy's small voice brings me back to reality.

I nod hesitantly and grin like a maniac. "I'm going to show the humans how much stronger we are! The only sane one apparently is Lucy..." I laugh and walk towards my warrior chest, and place a hand on it, not bothering to open it. I hear padding of feet behind me, and the smell of Wendy fills my nostrils. I sense her come to a stop beside me.

Her smell lessens as I get used to her. I haven't been near her in so long that I have to get used to how people other than Lucy smell. Damn it. Wendy stares at me, I can feel her eyes staring at the side of my face and I can see her at the corner of my eye. "Natsu-nii... I-I wanted to tell you something." She says quietly.

I look at her slowly, lifting my hand off of the chest. "What is it?"

Wendy fiddles with her fingers. "My mum said th-that I would be able to help on the battlefield." She quietly admits, making my eyes widen.

"Wh-what?!" I almost scream. "You can't! You'll get hurt or worse-"

She gives me a determined look, making me shut up. "I want to help our fellow nakama! People die while fighting or because they don't have someone to heal them! I can save people's lives, Natsu-nii!" Wendy takes a deep breath. "I knew you would say no right away, but this is my choice."

I let a giant smile cross my face. "I never thought you'd say that, Wendy." I ruffle her hair playfully. "Go get ready then, eh?" I watch her nod and skip out of my room. My smile falls and I crouch on the floor, my face in my hands. "So many people important to me... they're all getting put out as targets to die..."

As I take another big whiff of air, I smell Lucy. She must be coming back to our room. I stand up and try to look like nothing's bothering me, but fail. As she walks in, Lucy takes one look at my face and narrows her eyes before walking up to me and hugging me. "What's wrong?"

I wrap my arms around her and take in her smell and presence. "I'm worrying about the people that are going out to serve their lives." I whisper.

"They're doing it because they're also worried. They're worried that this kingdom is going to get taken over by puny humans, and that their loved ones are going to be killed." She snuggles deeper into my arms. "Imagine me, I want to go-"

"Hell no." I snap with no hesitation.

"-but there's a fine line between can and can'ts in this world." Lucy continues like I never spoke.

I bury my face in her neck and breath her in more. "This war shouldn't have started."

Her frame shudders as she laughs, her angelic laugh. "It was bound to happen. Any mistake would make us go to war." I feel her hands tangle in my hair, making me grumble a small 'I love you.' Lucy then pulls away much to my distaste, and she points to my chest. "Want some help?"

"I don't understand why I need it, I end up taking it all off while fighting anyways!" I complain cockily.

She shakes her head, a small smile on her face. "It's more to represent which kingdom you're from, as much as the wings show that and all, but its the thought that counts." Luce explains, making me understand.

"Ohhhhh..." I open the chest and stare at the suit meant for a half dragon.

I see Lucy rub her hands together, though fear clear in her beautiful eyes. "Now, to get you ready for life and death."

_________

A/N: Damn. I feel like such a meany. This is so short. But you guys wanted an update. So it's a shitty short update...

I'm so damn sorry minna!! I just might put this thing on hold- I'm thinking about it because all July I'm not really near computers or have much access to writing. And no I can't write on my cellular device because it's messed up as shit.

Just again! I'm soooo sorry! And if anyone has any ideas then pleeaaase comment!!

Thank you for reading!!! ~Sarah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 62 13
Lucy Heartfilia lives in modern day Fiore, but not all people are equal. She is a celestial mage and can't tell anyone about it but other wizards. Wi...
72.6K 2.6K 18
Lucy's breath hitched. "You saved mine, so I'll have to save yours. That's just how it works. So, naturally, I can't leave until that happens. I'm be...
33.4K 1.1K 32
Princess Lucy Heartfilia, first and only princess of the Celestial Kingdom ran away from her castle to escape her caged life. When she suddenly met N...
25.3K 1K 28
Lucy Heartfilia, the 17 year old legacy that follows her mother's footsteps in becoming a Guardian. Her mother was protecting the Dragneel clan while...