Ben 10: Hero and Predator

By Yukihara_813

Y/n L/n, a regular kid from Bellwood is going for a road trip across the country in summer vacation with his... More

Chapter 1: And Then There Were 10
Chapter 2: Washington B.C.
Chapter 3: The Krakken
Chapter 4: Permanent Retirement
Chapter 5: Hunted
Chapter 6: Kevin 11
Chapter 7: The Alliance
Chapter 8: Last Laugh
Chapter 9: Lucky Girl
Chapter 10: Side Effects
Chapter 11: Secrets
A/N
Question
Chapter 12: Truth
Chapter 13: The Big Tick
Chapter 14: Framed
Chapter 15: Grudge Match
Chapter 16: The Galactic Enforcer
Chapter 17: Camp Fear
Chapter 18: The Ultimate Weapon
Chapter 19: Tough Luck
Chapter 20: They Lurk Below
Chapter 21: Ghostfreaked Out
Chapter 22: Dr. Animo and the Mutant Ray
Chapter 23: Back with a Vengeance
A/N (2)
Chapter 24: Godly Being & Evil Beast
Chapter 25: Ben 10,000
Chapter 26: Midnight Madness
Chapter 27: Benwolf
Chapter 28: Under Wraps
Chapter 29: The Unnaturals
Chapter 31: Be Afraid of the Dark
Chapter 32: The Visitor
A/N (3)
Chapter 33: Divided We Stand
Chapter 34: Don't Drink the Water
Chapter 35: Big Fat Alien Wedding
Chapter 36: The Secret of the Watches
Chapter 37: The Negative Ten
Chapter 38: Trouble Helix
Chapter 39: Monster Zero

Chapter 30: The Return

1.8K 66 20
By Yukihara_813

The team are relaxing in the Rv. Max is watching the Tv while the kids are on the dining table. Ben is playing his video game, Gwen is reading her spell book, Y/n is revising his journal while sharing music using an earphones instead of his old headphones with Ciel who is looking into photo memories in the camera, and Groot is eating M&Ms.

She scrolled the photos, recalling the adventures she had experienced with the team with a smile of joy on her face.

In Salem, Massachusetts, they encountered Charmcaster and Ciel defeated her in her first try. When the air conditioner in the Rv busted in the middle of a desert, they encountered elves in a magical Christmas theme park. In the middle of a heavy rain, Y/n and Ciel had to save Ben and Gwen from being trap inside a video game. In the Planetary Studios, they met a show creator who claimed that the boys' aliens are his creation. And finally, they visited a music festival in Chicago where they got the autograph, pictures and watched the performance of AC/DC.

"Kids, listen to this." Max called.

The kids stopped their doings and turned their attention to the Tv where a weather man is reporting from a space station.

"Today's launch of the Noven spacecraft has been delayed by a freak electrical storm. I've covered bad weather from the four corners of the globe, and I've never seen anything like this purple lightning." The weather man reported.

As soon as the weather man mentioned the purple lightning, the team perked up.

"But we have." Ben pointed out.

"In the desert with that werewolf." Max recalled.

"And on the farm with that mummy." Gwen added.

"This is Steve Cummings, reporting live from the Kennedy space center." The weather man ended his report.

"Next stop, Cape Canaveral." Max started up the engine and drove away.

"You think we're gonna meet a Frankenstein's monster this time?" Ciel teased Y/n.

"Who knows?" Y/n shrugged.

"Frankenstein?" Ben repeated.

"What are you guys talking about?" Gwen asked the two.

"Y/n has a very interesting theory about the connections between the werewolf, the mummy and the purple lightning." Ciel said to the cousins. "Come on, tell them."

The cousins gave Y/n a gaze of curiosity. The Nemetrix wielder also noticed that Max is intrigued with his theory. He let out a sigh to calm himself down.

"After cross referencing all myths and legends with all of our encounters in this summer, I believe an alien in a form of Frankenstein's monster will be our next opponent. My reason is the three of them are known as spiritual creatures in many bed stories..." Y/n elaborated and paused, letting the Tennysons sinked the information. "Including ghost."

The Tennysons' spines shivered the moment Y/n mentioned ghost, recalling their horrible encounter with a certain Ectonurite.

"Wait, so Ghostfreak has something to do with this?!" Ben panicked.

"It... still a theory, Ben." Y/n tried to reassure him.

"I hate to break it to you, Y/n." Max interjected. "With my experience as a Plumber and our encounters in this summer, I have a feeling all of your theories are coming true."

Y/n gulped nervously, fearing of the incoming fight or perhaps an unwanted reunion.

.
.
.

After what seems to be hours of driving, they made it to the space center. They entered the facility as visitors without problems. Once they're inside, they encountered the flight director of the space center who is coincidentally Max's old friend.

"Max Tennyson!" The director greeted. "What's it been? 40 years?"

Max chuckled. "Give or take."

"Whatever happened to you? One day you were here, the next day you were gone. Had to give your little walk to Armstrong."

"Armstrong? Like Apollo 11's Neil Armstrong? Grandpa, you were supposed to be the first man on the moon?" Ben asked.

"He sure was." The director answered. "Does this guy look familiar?"

The director pointed at a picture of an astronaut behind him who is revealed to be Max when he was younger. Y/n pulled Ben next to the photo and compared them.

"What?" Ben asked.

"Just like the future Ben. But without the beard and moustache." Y/n whispered at Ciel.

"So, what can I help you with, Max?" The director asked.

"Just playing tourist." Max lied. "Wanted to show the youngster around the old stomping ground."

Ben walked forward while admiring the astronaut displays around the hall. Not paying an attention, he bumped into a man in a lab coat who seems to be a scientist.

"Oh, sorry." Ben apologized.

The scientist eyed the boy before noticing the Omnitrix on his wrist. Then, he gazed at Y/n and spotted the Nemetrix.

"You shouldn't be here." The scientist said before looking at the director. "You bring unauthorized visitors into a classified area? Get rid of them."

The scientist walked pass them, and Y/n caught a scent that's not belong to human from him and sensed a malice.

"What's his problem?" Ben asked.

"It's kind of a crazy day, Max. With the delay and all." The director complained. "Maybe we should reschedule your tour. You remember the way out, right?"

The director walked away, following the scientist from the behind. With a smirk, Max and the kids snuck further into the space center.

"So, I never winded up to space with NASA." Max told the kids.

"Bummer." Ben commented.

"But, you winded to space as a Plumber, right?" Ciel asked.

"Right on, sweetheart." Max replied.

"Hey, not to alarm you guys, but I think that scientist, Dr. Viktor is actually an alien." Y/n informed. "He has no human scent at all."

"Alien in human disguise? Is that common in your Plumber days, grandpa?" Gwen asked.

"Not really." Max said. "Thanks for the heads up, Y/n."

The team was able to enter a command room, using Max's Plumber gadget to hack into the door security lock. Luckily, the command room is empty. Max accessed the computer to look into recording that related with the purple lightning.

After awhile searching, Ben had a sudden urge to use the restroom.

"Grandpa, can I go to the bathroom?" Ben asked.

"Sure, just be careful to not to get spotted." Max warned.

Ben nodded in acknowledgment before leaving the room.

Some time has passed, and the team minus Ben found what they're looking for. Spotting a small figure by the launch pad in the footage, Max zoomed it in and found Dr. Victor under the purple storm.

"I hate it when I'm right." Y/n sweated.

"I am Groot."

"Come on, let's find Ben." Max suggested.

They left the room undetected and searched for Ben. By the restroom, they found no trace of the boy but they heard a commotion outside.

They quickly dashed out to the source and found a dust cloud covering large hole on one of the astronaut's training facility. By reflex, Max caught a familiar bandage that flew toward him and yanked it. From the dust cloud, the alien mummy fell to the ground in front of the team.

Although, Y/n noticed the Omnitrix on its shoulder.

"Hold up, Max. It's Ben." Y/n said before aiding Ben as Snare-oh to get up. "You okay buddy?"

"I'm good." Snare-oh said.

"Sorry about that, sport. I thought you were that mummy." Max apologized. "I guess, because you know, you're a mummy."

Snare-oh reverted to Ben. "The werewolf from the Indian reservation attacked me. He's gotta be running around here somewhere."

"If the werewolf is here, I bet the mummy is here, too." Ciel assumed. "The only problem is, where do we go from here?"

"I am Groot!" The walking pointed at a distant sky where the purple lightning struck.

The team followed the source to an old NASA scrapyard where all used or abandon equipment are discarded. Rockets, thrusters, engines, capsules from every mission like Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and so on.

While they're searching around, Y/n tensed up by his sixth sense and the werewolf made its appearance.

"Here it comes!" Y/n alarmed the team.

The werewolf blasted a howl and blown the team away. It dashed at them, but Max restrained its mouth with a muzzle like gadget.

The mummy appeared, too with Corodium inside and pulled Gwen to its direction, but its bandage immediately cut off by Ciel's mana disk.

The boys transformed into Cannonbolt and Ork, and they began to brawl their own respective opponents. Cannonbolt with the mummy and Ork with the werewolf.

Although, the battle wasn't last long. A purple lightning struck both of the boys out of nowhere, stunning them down. The team gathered around the boys and spotted Dr. Viktor.

"I was told of the Omnitrix and the Nemetrix." He narrated. "But you're not the only ones with the power to transform."

Dr. Viktor began to transform and as Ork expected, the scientist is a Frankenstein's monster alien in disguise.

Viktor jumped down and confronted the team, and both the werewolf and the mummy went to his sides.

Viktor aimed his hand toward the heroes and fired his purple lightning at them. With a quick reflex, Gwen deployed a mana barrier and deflected the attack. However, the attack hit a decommissioned rocket thruster behind them. The thruster toppled over on top of Max and the kids.

Fortunately, Cannonbolt's armored shell was able to protect everyone. The team crawled out of the rubble, and Viktor and his lackeys are no where to be found. Cannonbolt and Ork reverted back to human.

"I have a bad feeling that they're taking the Corodium out of that spacecraft." Max assumed.

"I am Groot?"

"We'll have to split up." Max suggested. "The girls and I will stop the launch while Ben and Y/n deal with the good doctor."

"Alright." Y/n nodded.

"If any of you need help, we'll be there as fast as we can." Ben said the team.

"Groot, take a good care of Y/n, okay?" Ciel requested.

"I am Groot!" The walking plant nodded with a great determination.

Max and the girls headed off toward the space center while the boys and Groot trailed Viktor and the werewolf. Using Y/n's keen sense of smell, they were able to track them down to a hidden underground lab under the scrapyard.

They carefully climbed down a stair and found the villains. Viktor and the werewolf climbed up into an elevator with a large machine made out of rocket and shuttle parts on it and ascended, not knowing the boys and Groot grabbed hold onto a loose wire below the elevator. The elevator stopped and from below the boys and Groot watched the large machine plugged itself onto Viktor's back.

The machine started up, and purple lightning began to emitting wildly. In front of Viktor and the werewolf, a portal opened to a desert and the werewolf is sent through it. The portal is closed, and the heroes climbed up and hid.

While Viktor is busy tinkering with the machine, the watches on the boys have recharged.

"Ben, go Xlr8 and hit him first. I'll follow up." Y/n suggested.

With a nod, Ben transformed into Xlr8 while Y/n transformed into Buglizard. The speedster peeked out while Buglizard sneaked around the back. Eventually, Buglizard is hanging on top of Viktor with Groot hanging on his collar.

Xlr8 began his attack, dashing toward Viktor in high speed. However, Viktor detected the speedster and backhanded him to a pile of scrap. Buglizard immediately jumped down and attack Viktor while holding onto him.

Viktor struggled to get Buglizard off of him as the later relentlessly attacked him with claws and bite. Groot followed suits, pulling Viktor around the room with a war shriek.

Viktor was able to grab Buglizard's tail and stunned him with his electricity. He tossed the lizard away to a pile of scrap before throwing Groot away to the air.

Before the walking plant crashed the ground, Xlr8 caught him in air. Viktor opened the portal again to get rid of Buglizard. He walked away from the scene as the giant lizard held onto the floor with his claw while being pulled into the portal.

Xlr8 came to the rescue, throwing a barrel into the portal and was able to close it. Buglizard crashed to the floor, and Xlr8 came to his side.

"You okay?" Xlr8 asked before earning a soft growl.

He placed Groot onto Buglizard's collar before they noticed that Viktor is standing up on a platform above them.

"You are resilient. But your presences changes nothing." Viktor held out a switch. "All is ready. Observe."

The ground shook violently and the heroes could hear a rocket ignition alarm from a far, indicating that the rocket has launched to space.

"Grandpa, and the girls!" Xlr8 exclaimed.

Viktor held onto two wires near him and channeled his electricity on it.

"We don't know your plan is, but it's over, Frakenfreak!" Xlr8 declared.

"Oh, it's not my plan. It's the master's. It always was." Viktor corrected.

The electricity around Viktor shot at a machine above them. The machine began to run wild and engulfing a what seems to be a part of a building that floating in the air with electricity.

Chill ran up on Buglizard's spine. He recognized that part of the building as his sixth sense kept alarming him of a great danger.

"The master's?" Xlr8 repeated. "Who's the- Wait a minute, I know that building."

"Yes. It is where you believe you destroyed my master." Viktor clarified. "You were wrong."

From the gap of the stone tower, black ooze emerged and gathered around. The purple electricity struck at the ooze and from it, Ghostfreak returned.

"I LIVE!"

"Master, all is prepared for your return." Viktor kneeled down in front of Ghostfreak.

The watches reached their time limit, and alien heroes reverted back to human.

Ghostfreak floated closer to the boys. "We have a score to settle boys!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 285 14
Living in a world with heroes and villains, a young Ben always aspired to become a great hero. One day a meteorite is sent to planet Earth and found...
421 11 2
Plot: Meet Alexander Primus, half human, half Galvan, and was the first of his kind, the Galvans of their home planet, Galvan Prime to ever bore the...
15.3K 389 7
Y/N Forger, a 15 year old boy, who's a friend of Ben Tennyson. When Maxwell "Max" Tennyson asks him if he wants to go on a summer trip with him, Ben...
2.3K 122 12
For the time being, [name] would just like to have a few moments to herself- a vacation would be most appreciated. The only issue is that she isn't u...