Kurapika x Reader One-Shot Co...

By bera_senpai

Kurapika x Reader One-Shot Collection All Kurapika x Reader one-shots will be inserted here. I will place an... More

My Personal Bodyguard*
Don't Leave Me*
A Special Announcement*
A Special Announcement Version 2 (Same story minus the lemony bits)
A Letter From Kurapika*
You Are Mine, Only Mine*
A Special Announcement Part Two
Beautiful Blossoms of Demise (Lime)
Beautiful Blossoms of Demise* Part Two
Waves of Passion*
Prisoner of Love* Part One
Prisoner of Love Part Two
Prisoner of Love* Part Three
Fragile* Part One
Fragile* Part Two Kurapika's POV
The Diary
Sleepless Night* Kurapika's POV
Cemetery Walks Part One
Cemetery Walks Part Two
Happy Halloween! (Lime)
The Dragon's Secret*
My Everything* Part One
My Everything* Part Two
My Everything* Part Three
I'll Be Home For Christmas
The Roomate*
My First and Only*
The Dragon's Secret* Version Two
Question from Author
The Roommate* Part Two
Stay Alive for Me* (Kurapika x Male Reader)
Stay Alive for Me* (Kurapika x Female Reader)
The Roommate* Part Three
You're Enough For Me*
K-Dream: A K-Pop Idol Story
Broken Promises*
The Solemn Vow
The Solemn Vow* Part Two
Shelter in the Prince* An AU Story
The Best Man*
Beautiful Lies*
Beautiful Lies* Part Two
Beautiful Lies* Part Three
One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader)
One Minute in Heaven* (Kurapika x Male Reader) Part Two
Lights* (Kurapika x Male Reader)
Lights* (Kurapika x Female Reader)
The Priceless Item*
I Wish I Could Have Loved You Longer* (Kurapika x Male Reader)
Some Bruises Never Heal*
How to Love a Loser* Part One (Kurapika x Male Reader)
How to Love a Loser* Part Two (Kurapika x Male Reader)
Don't Vanish From Me*
Spells of the Heart* Part One (A Medieval AU Story)
Spells of the Heart* Part Two (A Medieval AU Story)
Spells of the Heart* Part Three (A Medieval AU Story)
How to Love a Loser* Part Three (Kurapika x Male Reader)
The New Hire* (An AU Sex Worker Story)
Voices* (Kurapika x Male Reader)
Don't Vanish From Me* Part Two
I'd Tell You I'd Kill For You, But I've Done That Already*

K-Dream: A K-Pop Idol Story Part Two

456 13 103
By bera_senpai

I'm completely exhausted by the time our last fan exits the arena. I sigh as I relax into my seat. As tempted as I am to reschedule my plans with Leorio, I'm excited to see all of my friends.

I stand up from my chair. "I'm going to find some coffee. I'll be back to help clean up."
"Don't worry about cleaning up. Go out and have fun. You've earned it," Junsu says, patting me on the shoulder.
I smile. "Hey, thanks! Everyone did an excellent job. I'm looking forward to our next tour."
"Yeah. It's going to be bigger." Junsu stands up with his arms open wide, grinning from ear to ear. "Maybe we'll even make it to America!"

I bow in front of the other members before exiting the arena.

I walk to the dressing room to change before meeting my friends. I try to remove as much makeup as I can. Did they put actual paint on my lips? This stuff won't come off! I sigh in defeat. Hopefully, my friends won't notice.

It's going to be nice to just be Kurapika again. I put on a face mask and beanie to avoid detection on my way to see my friends.

I rest a foot up against the wall and cross my arms while I wait for the train. I hear girls giggling to my right. There's no way they recognize me. If they do, then I'm in trouble. The last thing I want to do is cause a scene in the middle of the train station. If there's one thing I hate about this job is the fact that I can't make all of my Infinities happy. I usually have a guard with me, and they never allow me to sign autographs unless we are at an event.

I turn my head to glance at them. They aren't giggling because of me. They are simply out having a good time like normal girls their age do. I smile under my mask. I've been away from my friends for so long, I forgot what it was like to be around them.

My attention is drawn to one of the girls. Not wanting to look like a creepy stalker, I casually walk toward a vending machine close to them. I purchase an iced coffee while catching glimpses of her.

We all board the train when it arrives. I sit down in front of them, keeping my head down. My stop is next. I notice they aren't getting out so I decide to stay. Okay...now I am acting like a creepy stalker. I just need to know where I know this girl from.

A few stops later, they get out. I follow behind them. I hear one of her friends call her name as we stand outside the station.

(Y/N)! That's right...the beautiful girl from the fan signing. What are the chances of us bumping into each other again? I take my mask off so as not to appear like I'm up to no good. I can't stop my legs from walking up to them.

"(Y/N)?"

Her two friends stare at me like I'm from another planet. Right...I'm not K-Dream at the moment, and my beanie has bunny ears attached to it.

(Y/N) squints her eyes at me. "Uh...can I help you?" 

I want to talk to her in private, but I quickly realize I didn't think this through. Her friends aren't going to allow her to walk alone with a stranger.

She walks closer to me, tilting her head to the side. I offer her a K-Dream smile. Her face brightens as soon as she recognizes me. I just hope she doesn't tell her friends.

She turns around to talk to them. She's probably telling them who I am. That's okay. I can handle three fans. Besides, this stop isn't as crowded as the last one.

To my surprise, the two girls walk away from (Y/N).

My heart rate accelerates as she walks toward me. Why does she have this effect on me? A cool breeze blows through her hair, sending her sweet scent my way.

"Kang Dae?" she whispers.

I nod.

She gasps. "Oh my goodness!" Her arms shake. "What are you doing here?"

I close the distance between us. "I was on my way to meet my friends, but then I saw you. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to you again."

Her face contorts as if she's about to cry. "Am I dreaming?"

I hold back the urge to touch her arm. "You are dreaming...K-Dreaming." I really need to stop using these cheesy lines.

She wipes away her tears with the back of her hand. She lets out a soft laugh. "But...why me? You can have any girl you want."

I can't suppress the urge anymore. I reach out to touch her arm. She jumps back as if I shocked her with electricity. "I don't want just any ordinary girl." What the hell am I doing? My contract clearly states I'm not allowed to date. "Look...I'm not even supposed to be here. Please keep this between you and me."

"Of course. I'd never do anything that would jeopardize your career. But...you didn't answer my question. Why me?"

I press my palm against my forehead. "I honestly don't know. I'm curious as to why I feel this way about you. Please...give me time to figure it out."

She furrows her brow. It's adorable. "So you want me to be your science experiment?"

I wave my hands in front of her. "No...no...no." I hang my head. "I'm not good at this."

She rests her hand on my arm. I understand why she jumped back earlier. The sensation does, in fact, feel like electricity. 

"I'm only kidding, Kang Dae. But...I know how strict the rules are. You can't be seen like this with a fan."

I stare into her eyes. They're full of innocence. I know in my heart that I can trust her. "You leave that part to me." I pull my phone out of my pocket. I hand it to her after unlocking it. "Input your contact information. I have a twelve-hour choreography session tomorrow and filming the next day, but I'll text you whenever I get a break."

Her jaw drops as she takes my phone. She types in her information before handing it back to me.

"Can I take your picture?" I tap on the camera icon on my phone.
"Uh...sure." She tousles her hair before posing for the picture.
"Got it." I stare at her picture before saving it next to her name on my contact list. "Perfect."
She looks up at me with sadness in her eyes. "Are you really going to text me?"

I grab my chest in an attempt to stop the stabbing pain in my heart. The last thing I want to do is lie to her. I grab her arm. "Walk with me." We walk until the light from the station fades. We stop under a cherry blossom tree. I look around to make sure we're alone. I turn her so her back is against the tree. "(Y/N), I can't promise anything right now. I'm not in control of my own schedule. But...I want to leave you with one thing in case we never see each other again."

"I don't like that answer. And I don't need another photocard. Trust me...I have dozens."
I shake my head. "It's not another photocard."
A look of confusion crosses her face. "Then...what is it?"
"Shh. Close your eyes."

I rest my hands on her waist. She closes her eyes and I suddenly realize I have no idea what I'm doing. I place my lips next to her ear. "Can I kiss you?"

She sucks in a breath of air. "Y...yes."

Since when did I allow my heart to make decisions for me? I've never kissed anyone before so I have no idea what I'm doing. Not only that, I drank that damn iced coffee on the train. She's probably envisioned kissing me before. I'm going to ruin her fantasy by giving her a sloppy kiss that tastes like stale coffee.

There's no backing out now. She's waiting patiently for her kiss. My heart pounds against my chest as I trace her buttery-soft lips with my thumb. I close my eyes as I press my lips against hers. She doesn't move. I slowly glide my tongue across her lower lip. I pull away, swallowing hard. She still has her eyes closed, expecting more.

I pull her closer to me. I tuck some of her hair behind her ears. While resting my hand behind her head, I press my lips against hers again. This time, she parts her lips. I try not to panic as I invade her mouth. She begins to caress my tongue with hers. I feel her shudder beneath me. I tighten my grip around her, deeping our kiss. Maybe it's instinct because I feel like I know what I'm doing. Or maybe it's because it's her.

I want to sing to the world about this moment. Wait...I can! I'm going to write a special song for (Y/N).

I open my eyes as I pull away for air. She stares at me, tears falling from her cheeks. We don't say a word to each other.

Seconds later, she rests her hand on my chest. "Kang Dae, I love you. I've loved you since the first time I heard you sing. I want you to know, I'm more than your fan. I know it sounds like an obsession...but I know everything about you."

I hold back the tears that are threatening to stream down my face. This girl doesn't know me at all. She's in love with a lie.

Guilt consumes me. It takes every ounce of strength to keep from telling her the truth about me. She loves Kang Dae, but will she love Kurapika?

I look up to the sky, hoping I can find an answer within the stars.

"Do you see that star up there?" I point to the sky.

She looks up. "Which one? There's so many."
"That tiny one...it's by itself, away from the others. That's you."
She crinkles her forehead. "I don't understand."
I smile. "You see...I've met so many people. People who say they're my number one fan. They are grouped in with the large clusters of stars. But you, you stand alone. You truly want to know the real me."
"I...I do."
"Every night, I'm going to search for that little star. The earth might move me farther away from it, but I'll always be looking. No matter how long it takes. Will you do the same and pick out a star for me?"

She looks up. "Hmm...how about that one?" She points to another lonely star.

"Perfect." I look back at her, taking her hands in mine. "Let's just pray the galaxy will one day align our stars."
She gives me that beautiful smile of hers. "I'm going to pray every night."

My phone vibrates in my pocket, interrupting our moment. I pull it out and slap my forehead. "I have to go."

She tilts her head and waves at me. "O...okay. Take care, Kang Dae. I like your beanie, by the way."

I pull the bunny-ear beanie off my head and hand it to her. "Take it. I'm sure it looks better on you."

She takes it as if I just gave her a key to a treasure chest. "Thank you!"

I start to walk backwards. "Good night, nae sarang."

(Y/N)

I watch as Kang Dae runs off to meet his friends. I never thought about how hard it must be to be a K-Pop idol. His days are packed full so he has to squeeze in time to see his friends. Poor thing...does he ever sleep?

I bet his friends are sad. They don't get to spend much time with him. I hope they are supportive of his career choice. I'm sure they are. I mean, I can't imagine anyone being upset with the precious ray of sunshine that is Kang Dae.

I turn around when I no longer see him. I bring my fingers to my lips. That kiss...it was...perfect. I just wish I didn't eat that kimchi wrap when we left the arena. Luckily, he didn't seem to notice.

My knees start to shake as I think about him so I take a seat on a bench under a streetlamp. I look up at the star Kang Dae chose for me. How lucky am I? Even if I never see him again, I still shared a special moment with the man I have been dreaming about for almost a year.

My heart breaks when I come to the realization that we can't be together. I run my hand across the beanie on my lap. I'll never actually wear this since I want it to smell like him forever. I bring it to my nose hoping I can smell his shampoo. To my delight, a masculine scent with a hint of apples fills my nose. I smile, placing it back on my lap. I notice a strand of blonde hair on one of the bunny ears. I pull it, giggling like a girl who just kissed her bias, because that's exactly what I did.

Kurapika

"You're late!" shouts Leorio as I walk into the restaurant.

I can't help but smile. He's with Gon, Killua, and Alluka. I walk over to their table and greet them with a bow.

"What's with the formality? Come here and give me a hug!" Leorio wraps his arms around me, lifting me in the air as he hugs me.

I feel the sweat drops forming on my forehead. "Uh...you're attracting too much attention," I say, looking around the restaurant.

He sets me back down on my feet. "So? Trying to hide from someone?"

We take our seats at the table. I sit next to Leorio. Gon, Killua, and Alluka sit in front of us.

Gon greets me with one of his heartwarming smiles. "Kurapika's always in hiding. I bet he's in the middle of a big mission right now."

Killua gives me the side-eye. "Is that true? You didn't call us all the way out here to help you out...did you?"

I shake my head. "No. However, Gon is correct. I am in the middle of a mission."

"Oh, yeah?" Leorio says, perusing the menu. "Tell us about it."

I pick up my own menu. "I'm afraid I can't share any details with you."

Killua rolls his eyes. "It's probably boring anyway."

We all set down our menus as our server approaches. She takes our order and leaves. My friends stare at me with their mouths parted open.

"What's the matter?" I say.

"Since when do you speak Korean?" Killua says.

I scratch my head. "Uh...well...I've been living here for over a year now. Not to mention I'm a fast learner."

Killua stares at me suspiciously. "I think you're keeping something from us. Something important."

"Uh...uh," I say, sweat drops forming on my forehead.

Alluka giggles.

Killua turns to look at his little sister. "What's so funny?"

She points at me. "He's K-Dream!"

Dammit...she figured me out!

Killua contorts his face. "Huh? You mean from that band you're always making me listen to?"

Alluka gently punches Killua in the shoulder. "Oh, please. You know you enjoy their music just as much as I do."

A hint of pink flashes across Killua's cheeks. He crosses his arms in front of his chest. "I do not."

Leorio and Gon each give me a puzzled look.

I place my index finger on my lips. "Shh...keep it down."

"Wait!" Killua says. "Is my sister right? Why the hell would you keep something like that from us?"

I hang my head. I feel everyone's eyes on me.

"I guess...there's no point in lying to you. I've told you all my dark secrets before. What's one more?" I take a deep breath. "Alluka is correct. I am a member of the K-Pop band, YOUinverse. I was scouted on the streets while purchasing my morning coffee. I declined the offer at first, however, the manager has intel on where I can find a pair of scarlet eyes. He said if I agreed to work for him, he'd help me find them when my contract was over."

Leorio grins from ear to ear. "Wait...so you're telling me you can hook me up with one of those K-Pop girls? I heard they're in our area!"

Leorio laughs at his poor attempt at a joke.

I shake my head. "Honestly, Leorio. I just told you about my important mission and all you can think about is how to get a girl to go on a date with you." I sigh. "I guess it shouldn't surprise me."

It's Gon's turn to chime in. He stands to lean in closer to me. "Can you teach me how to dance like in that one video? You know, the one where you're in that deserted amusement park?"

I laugh. "Of course, Gon." It feels nice knowing my friends are familiar with my work.

I face Killua. "What about you? Anything you'd like me to do for you?"

He shakes his head. "Nah...just give my little sister backstage passess to your next concert."

Alluka claps her hands together. "Yes! I didn't get the chance to ask JM all of my questions during the fan signing."

I smile. "You got it."

So...Alluka's bias is JM. I see that. Both of their personalities match. He's worthy of trust and devoted to both the band and his fans. He also has the ability to tell if one of us is having a bad day. He'll do whatever it takes to make us feel better.

Killua leans his head forward, staring me in the eyes. "I see that look on your face. You better not be thinking about hooking my little sister up with that guy."

I wave my hand. "Of course not. There's quite an age difference. Besides, we are not allowed to date."

Leorio raises an eyebrow. "You're not? Damn. I wouldn't sign that contract."

Images of (Y/N) flood my brain. I sigh. "It's not like we have extra time for relationships. More importantly, we couldn't do that to our fans."

The server brings our food to the table.

Killua stuffs his mouth with japchae noodles. "So what you're saying is...you guys fill their heads with delusions? That sounds healthy."

I cringe at his sarcasm. Guilt forms in the pit of my stomach. Suddenly, I have no appetite. Am I filling (Y/N)'s head with delusions? Or am I filling my own head with them?

(Y/N)

Finally, after almost a month of waiting, I get a text from who I believe is Kang Dae.

Meet me at Han River tonight. -KD

My heart skips a beat. Is this his personal number? Do I text him back? I kind of need to know the time and exact location of where to meet him. I bite my lip, contemplating whether or not to text him back. I don't want to get him in trouble.

Time? And where? Han River is big.

It takes him a few minutes to reply. I can't help but imagine what he's doing.

9. And just be there. I'll find you.

He must have been reading my mind because he texts me back within a few seconds.

Sorry. That sounded creepy. I'll explain everything later. I have to go.

Later that evening, I sneak out of the apartment. I don't want my roommates to question where I'm going all dressed up. It took me almost an hour to figure out what to wear. I finally decided to go with a sundress and natural looking makeup.

I look around as soon as I arrive at Han River.

"(Y/N)!"

I spin around. "Kang Dae? How did you find me so quickly?"

He runs up to me, pulling his mask off. He places his chain covered hand on my arm.

"Walk with me. I have so much to tell you."

I tilt my head to the side, noticing the strands of his hair poking through the bottom of his bucket hat. "Did you...color your hair?"

He places his index finger over his mouth. "Shh...it's a secret. It's for our new music video."

"Well...can I see?"

He looks to his left then his right before taking his hat off.

I jump back. "It's...blue!"

He tousles his hair. "Do you like it?"

I walk closer to him, taking a few blue strands in between my fingers. "Of course I like it. I just prefer your blonde hair."

He plants a kiss on my head. "Don't worry. It's only until we're finished filming." He takes my hand in his and we begin to walk.

"Did you miss me?" he says.

I bite my lip. He steps in front of me, stopping me in my tracks.

"I see you biting your lip. Don't you dare try to hide that smile," he says.

Heat rises to my cheeks. I look down and smile. He lifts my chin.

"That's better. You just made the world a better place." He rests his hand on my waist and we walk until we reach the railing.

We both look out to the river. "This place is beautiful," I say. "But...isn't this where people come to commit suicide?"

"Yeah. But if I see anyone try to jump, I'll save them."
I give him a puzzled look. "And how will you do that?"

He raises his right hand in front of me. A small metal ball drops from his ring finger.

I take a few steps back. "What's...that?"

He must see the fear in my eyes because he immediately puts it away. "Hey, don't be afraid. I'd never hurt you."

My eyes widen. "How did you do that?"

He looks out to the river.

"Kang Dae?"

He turns to face me, sadness in his eyes. "That's not my real name."

Shock flows through me. "It's...not? What is it then?"

"It's...Kurapika."
"Kurapika?"

He nods. "I know you won't, but please, keep what I'm about to tell you to yourself."

He goes on to tell me how he's really a hunter and only took this job to retrieve a pair of his deceased clan's eyes. I've heard the tragic story about the Kurta Clan before, but I was too young at the time to realize how sad it was.

He looks at me with misty eyes. "Do you still like me?

I raise my eyebrows. "Like you?" I give him a tight hug. "I love you, Kurapika."

He pushes me forward making eye contact with me. Sweat drops form on his forehead. "You...love me?"

I look away, feeling embarrassed. "I'm sorry...I'm sure you weren't expecting that."

He touches my cheek. "I...I feel the same way about you. That's why I told you my secret."

We lay on the grass in opposite directions. We face each other with our lips almost touching.

"I want to know everything about you," he says, playing with my hair.

"There's not much to tell. I'm just an ordinary girl trying to make it through college while working at the local cafe."

"You're not ordinary in my eyes. I'm going to try my hardest to make us work."

He presses his lips against mine. The butterflies return. Even though our lips are in opposite directions, I feel like we could ignite fireworks.

Kurapika

After another thirteen hours of dance practice, I'm ready to call it a day. I've been secretly seeing (Y/N) for the past six months. I'm about to text her when Junsu grabs my shoulder.

"Ready to celebrate?" he says.
"Uh...celebrate what?"
Confusion crosses his face. "Our comeback tour."
I scratch the back of my head. "Oh...right. Sure."

Damn. That means I can't see (Y/N) tonight.

___

I change into comfortable clothes as soon as we arrive home. Junsu enters the room as I pull on my shirt.

He pinches my abdomen. "I want you to know...your dancing has improved a lot since you joined. We're lucky to have you," he says.

"Thank you. That means a lot coming from you. You're an incredible leader."

The corners of his lips move upward into a proud smile. "You mean that?"

I ignore his question. Instead, I stare at my phone. Disappointment fills my heart as I cancel my plans with (Y/N).

His smile fades. "Is something wrong?" he says.

I throw my phone aside and return my attention to him. "Oh...no. I just..." I sit on my bed, resting my elbows on my thighs. "Junsu, have you ever been in love?"

He sits on his bed across from me. "In love? Ha! I've been a trainee since I was thirteen. No time for love."

I stare at the floor.

"Kang Dae? Is everything all right?"

I look back up at my friend, shaking my head. He gets up from his bed to sit next to me. He places his hand on my knee.

"Tell me what's on your mind. I promise...I won't say a word to anyone."

If there's anyone in this world I can trust, it's Junsu. I start to tell him about (Y/N).

Before he gets the chance to give me advice, we hear a loud thud coming from downstairs. We immediately get up to check on the other members.

Our eyes widen when we get downstairs. "What the?" I say.

"What do you guys think you're doing?" Junsu says, frustration in his voice.

Sun Daewon runs to Junsu. "It was JM's idea!" He points to JM, who is lying on the floor.

Junsu rests his hands on his hips like a father scolding his children. "Idea for what?"

Sun Daewon looks at the floor. "Uh...well...we made a bet. I told JM the ceiling fan wouldn't hold his weight so he tried it." He looks back up at Junsu. His face brightens. "And guess what? I won the bet!"

"Yeah? And what did you win?" says Junsu.

"The last Choco Pie!"

Junsu places his hand on my shoulder, shaking his head. "Kang Dae, do you want to be the new leader?" He walks toward JM to check on him. "Are you hurt?"

JM stands up, dusting off his clothes. "No, that was awesome! I was spinning around the room for a good ten seconds before the blade broke."

I can't help but smile. This band has taught me that no matter how busy life gets, it's important to make time for fun.

The eight of us spend the rest of the night drinking soju and playing games. The room spins around me as I sit on the floor. I feel someone brushing my hair. I turn my head over my shoulder. Yoon gives me a huge smile.

"Your hair is so soft. I'm going to style it for you," Yoon says.

I'm too drunk to protest.

"Hey, what conditioner do you use?" he asks me while parting my hair down the middle.
"Uh...I don't know. The one in the brown bottle," I say.
He moves his face close to mine. "That's my conditioner!"

My heart rate accelerates...he looks like he's about to attack me over using his hair conditioner! "Uh...I'm sorry."

He continues to style my hair. "I don't care that you used it. It's just that my hair isn't this soft. Not fair."

I feel him tie half my hair on top of my head. "I just followed the instructions," I say. "It says to squeeze the excess water out of your hair after shampooing then leave it on for five minutes." I'm surprised at myself for actually remembering that.

"Ahh...I guess I didn't follow the instructions. Thank you. I'll try that next time." He ties the other half of my hair up. "All done!" He hands me a mirror. "You look incredibly handsome. I think we should change your name to Dreamsicle."

I stare into the mirror. I crack up when I see the two pigtails sitting on my head. "Yoon, you should do this professionally." I fall back on the floor. I feel a tinge of guilt in my stomach when (Y/N) comes to my mind. She'd find this hilarious.

"I have a fun game to play!" Yoon shouts, interrupting my thoughts.

I sit back up. JM hands me another shot of soju. I throw my head back and down it.

"What's this game of yours?" I say.

"Let's see who can resist kissing you!" Yoon says.

My eyes widen. "Uh...what?"

I feel two other members pick me up off the floor and sit me down on a chair. They make a single file line in front of me; all of them laughing.

Why am I laughing with them? "Good luck. I'm pretty irresistible," I say, puckering my lips.

I must admit, this is the craziest game I've ever played. It does, however, beat playing, guess her bra size with Leorio when we go out drinking.

Each member takes turns facing me, trying not to kiss me. None of them actually want to kiss me, it's just a silly game Yoon made up so he could make videos on his phone. Some of them caress my cheek, play with my pigtails, and one actually brushes his lips against mine. I'm too intoxicated to notice who it is.

I fall off the chair. "I guess I'm not as irresistible as I thought. None of you actually kissed me."

I walk into the kitchen and my mouth salivates when I see a Choco Pie sitting on the counter. I grab it and tear it open with my teeth. I take a bite, and the marshmallow filled cake crumbles in my mouth when Sun Daewon comes running into the kitchen.

"Hey, that's mine! I won that fair and square," he says.

I wipe chocolate from my mouth. "I'm sorry. I'll buy you a box tomorrow...I promise."

He tries to snatch the rest of it from my hand. There's no way I'm letting him have it. I lick the cake so he won't want it anymore.

He makes a disgusted face. "Fine, take it. But you owe me two boxes," Sun Daewon says.

He stomps out of the kitchen while I finish enjoying the rest of the cake.

When I walk back to the living room, I notice some of the members have already fallen asleep on the couch. I decide to stumble upstairs to my room.

I fall asleep as soon as my head hits my pillow.

The next morning, I wake up to my phone vibrating.

I feel around my bed for it. I tap on the accept button.

"Moshi moshi...hello...yeoboseyo?" Damn. I'm so hungover, I don't even remember what country I'm in.

"Kurapika? Are you okay?" (Y/N) says.

I sit up at the sound of her voice, suddenly hit with vertigo.

I clear my throat. "Uh...yeah. You?"

"Did I wake you?"

I run my tongue across my teeth, my mouth dry from all the alcohol I consumed last night.

"Yeah, I was dreaming about you," I say.

"But...it's eleven o'clock."

"It is?" I've never slept this late in my entire life. Well, if you don't count the times I was out for three days straight from overusing Nen.

"Are we still on for tonight?" (Y/N) says.

"Of course. Nothing can keep me away from you for another night."

"Okay. I love you, Kurapika."

"I do as well. I'll text you the details later."

I end my call, groaning as I fall back on my bed. I rub my temples.

I hear Junsu stir awake in the bed next to mine.

"Was that her?" he says.

I turn to his direction. "Huh? Oh...yeah."

"I won't say anything to the rest of the members. Just please...be careful. One slip up will ruin us."

"Right," I say.

"And don't forget...you have that fan call tonight."

I wince. My headache is getting worse by the second. "Right. I have the reminder on my phone. I promise I won't be anywhere near (Y/N) when I accept the call. Infinities take priority."

I close my eyes, thinking about (Y/N) as I fall back asleep.

(Y/N)

I clutch my purse as I wait for Kang Dae, I mean, Kurapika to pick me up. I check the time. He's running a little late, but that should be expected. He is, afterall, a K-Pop idol. Just when I'm about to take a seat on the bench, a black luxury car stops in front of me. I see Kurapika walk out of the driver's seat. He smiles at me before opening the door to the passenger's side. He motions toward the door. I stand and bow before walking to him. He greets me with a kiss.

I hop into the seat, and he secures the seat belt for me. He closes the door. I watch as he walks back to the driver's side. What am I doing? His suit probably costs more than my entire wardrobe. And this car...I bet it costs as much as a small house. He doesn't belong with someone like me.

He opens his door and fastens his seat belt. "Is something wrong?" he says.

I shake my head. "No. Uh...you smell nice. What cologne are you wearing?"

He turns on the engine. "Um...I think it's called, 'City of Stars.' Do you like it?"

I smile. "I love it."

"Mind if I smell what you're wearing?" he says.
"Huh?"

Before I have a chance to answer, his lips are already pressed on my neck. He inhales my scent. I feel sweat drops forming on my forehead. I honestly don't remember what perfume I put on. It's simply a sample that came in a catalog.

"Mm. It smells nice, but I like your natural scent better," he says as he pulls away from me.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Uh...this is a nice car." I change the subject.

He puts the car in drive, looks over his shoulder, and pulls out of the spot.

"Thank you, but it belongs to a friend. I don't drive."

I shoot him a nervous look.

He laughs. "Relax...I'm being facetious. Of course I drive. I just don't have the need to own a car."

I laugh with him. "You're in a good mood tonight," I say.

He watches the road ahead of him. "Yeah. I have some news for you. And a gift."

"You do?"

We get to a stop light, and he searches for a song. It starts to play. I recognize his voice, but not the song.

"What's this?"

"Just listen," he says.

I gasp. "Is this YOUinverse's new song?"

He nods.

He parks the car when the song is over. "Do you like it?"

"Are you kidding me? It's my new favorite!"

Kurapika throws his head back and laughs. "Are you just saying that because I have the most solos?

"No, seriously...it's awesome! It's got that classic YOUinverse trap-pop sound mixed with your soft vocals. Play it again!"

We sit and listen to his new song a few more times. I move to the music. He pauses it half-way through.

I give him a confused look. "Hey...why did you stop it?"

"Because...I still have another surprise for you."

"You do?"

He types something into his phone before answering me. "Check your email."

"Uh...okay." I pull my phone out of my purse. My mouth falls open as I read my email. "Kurapika! No way."

"Yes. We are going back on tour. The best part is...I'm taking you and your friends to the debut."

I feel tears falling down my cheeks. "Floor seats?"

"Only the best for you."

I allow my phone to fall on my lap. I climb over the console and wrap my arms around Kurapika. Our lips meet. We're both wearing lip gloss, making for a slippery kiss.

He pulls his seat back, placing his hand on the back of my head. His phone pings.

Out of breath, I pull away. "Aren't you...going to...answer that?"

He pants. "You're probably right." He reaches for his phone. His eyes widen as soon as he sees his screen. "Dammit!"

I tilt my head to the side. "What's the matter?"

He runs his hand through his hair. "I completely forgot...I have a fan call in less than five minutes."

I know all about fan calls. Jealousy forms in the pit of my stomach. I climb off of Kurapika and back into my seat.

"(Y/N), this will only take three minutes. I just need you to sit there...don't say a word."

I look out the window. "I promise."

He combs his hair and wipes the lip gloss from around his mouth.

I listen as his fan screams on the other line. I cross my arms, rolling my eyes.

"What's your name, beautiful?" I hear Kurapika ask.

She answers with some common name.

"Hm...that's a lovely name, but how about we change it to Gongjunim?"

Really? He just called her Princess. She screams even louder.

Kurapika gives her that charming smile of his. "Is there anything you would like to ask me?"

"Yes," she answers. "Will you marry me?"
His smile grows wider. "You want to marry me?"
"Yes!"
"Let's see," Kurapika says. "When should we have the wedding?"

I glare at him, but he's too focused on his call.

"Tomorrow!" she shouts.
"Tomorrow? But...don't weddings take time to plan?"
"Trust me, Kang Dae. I've been planning our wedding for over a year."
"Wow...in that case...I better check my schedule."

What is Kurapika doing? I hope he plans on sending her a big bottle of anti-delulu pills.

They talk about some more nonsense before he finally ends his call. He turns to face me, but I refuse to make eye contact with him.

He reaches over and tickles my ear. "What's the matter?"
"Hmph. Shouldn't you be getting ready for your wedding?"
"Are you upset about that?"
I finally turn to face him. "How many fans have proposed to you?"
"(Y/N), please. You know how this business works. I'm obligated to make Infinities happy."
I play with the hem of my shirt. "But...you have a girlfriend now."

He takes a deep breath. He looks out the window and points to a tall building. "See that building over there?"

I look up, expressionless. "Yeah. That's the Lotte World Tower."

"Would you like to visit?"

I give him a puzzled look. "Yeah, but...you'll get spotted immediately."

He reaches to the back seat. He grabs a long white wig and a beret hat. "Not if I wear this."

I smile. "Are you serious? We can go on an actual date?"

___

Kurapika takes me to the top of the tower. The entire city of Seoul sits below us. The lights brighten the sky above. The view...it's fascinating.

"Kurapika, this is incredible!"

He rests his hands on my shoulders. "I knew you'd like it."

I turn around and stand on my tiptoes. I don't care what anyone around us thinks. This is a once in a lifetime moment so I kiss Kurapika on the lips. "Thank you. I love it."

Kurapika

All eight of us are standing inside a circular lift that's supposed to safely drop us once the song starts. I hear all of our Infinities screaming. They must know we're in here. More importantly, does (Y/N) know?

We start to dance as soon as we land on stage. We are opening with the main song to our newest album. I can't deny the fact that this is our most complicated dance. Not to mention, this stage isn't big enough. We practiced all day. Regardless, I still don't feel confident. Maybe I'm just considering the fact that I know (Y/N) will be watching me.

My pants look like they've been fed to a shark before they were given to me. My shirt is a little cropped so when I lift my arms, you can see my abdomen. The men and women in the audience seem to scream louder when we expose skin.

I take my place at the front of the stage. Fans wave their handmade signs at us. I raise my right arm up while thrusting my hips, noticing someone familiar out of the corner of my eye.

Hi...Hisoka?

I spin around, raising my arm up and down, hitting JM in the shoulder. We play it off, dancing like it was part of the choreography. I can feel his glare on me.

We transition to another song before introducing ourselves to the audience.

I smile as I wave. Through all the voices, I can only hear (Y/N)'s. She doesn't know this, but, with the help of Junsu, I wrote my own song for her. Tonight will be the first time I'll be performing it.

Halfway through the concert, the lights around me turn red. Four members leave to take a break while the other three stay to be my backup. I raise my microphone to my lips.

I know you've been dreaming for me to be with you 
Did you know I was dreaming of you, too
Without knowing, I always knew you were going to be mine
na na na naaaaaaaaaaaaa
When you look up to the sky, I'll be shining bright for you
Know that I'm always looking for you
Right here, under these galaxies
And I'll call you mine

I finally found my destiny (geulae nae unmyeong)
It's been you, right in front of me (front of me)
Staring at the moon and sun it gets lonely
They way you orbit, you do it so naturally
But you shine so bright, I can't believe you even want me
You don't need to cry, my dear (whisper** jagi)
You know the real me
I'll always be here (neowa hamkke)
Just close your eyes and start to dream
I'll always be here (balo yeogie)
Before you shut those eyes
Geugeosdeul-eul dakkge haejwo
Scarlet-colored teardrops

"And that was called 'Scarlet-Colored Teardrops.' I hope you enjoyed it." I say to the audience. I bow while they wave their light sticks in the air and scream.

Sun Daewon pats me on the shoulder. "That was written by our very own K-Dream!" He faces me. "K-Dream, why don't you share with us your inspiration for your song?"

I lift my microphone. "Our Infinities, of course!" I answer, even though deep in my heart, I wrote it specifically for (Y/N).

___

After the show, the eight of us enjoy a mukbang. I bite into a piece of spicy fried chicken when I hear my name being called.

I wipe my mouth with a napkin. "Excuse me," I say. Nobody seems to hear me as they are all enjoying their meal.

I walk away and notice (Y/N) standing a few feet in front of me. It takes every ounce of strength I have to not pull her in for a kiss.

She offers me a smile while showing me a card hanging from a lanyard. "I...uh...have a backstage pass. I just want to congratulate you on your new song. I enjoyed it very much." She bows.
"Thank you. We all appreciate your support. We wouldn't be here today if not for Infinities like you."

We smile at each other, pretending this is our first encounter.

"Uh...would you like an autograph?"

Someone else appears behind her. "Oh, my. I would love an autograph." he says.

I look up at him. Hisoka.

"Sure," I say.

Hisoka hands me a picture of myself to sign. Annoyed, I sign it.

He takes it from me once I'm finished. "What's with the face? I'm an Infinity, just like everyone else here."

I ignore his comment and focus on (Y/N). He looks at her, licking his lips.

She steps closer to me, fear evident on her face.

"Hey," I say to (Y/N). "Why don't you go mingle with the other members?" 

"Okay!" She runs off.

I watch as she shyly introduces herself to the rest of the band. I return my attention back to Hisoka.

"What are you doing here?"

He raises his palms up. "What? I can't enjoy a good show? I do enjoy your music." He winks at me. "Kang Dae."

I sigh. "Look...you got your autograph. You can leave now."

He shrugs his shoulders. "All right. But...I might have some information you might be interested in."

I look around, making sure we are not within earshot. "What are you talking about?"

"Your manager...he doesn't plan on giving you that information you want easily."

I raise an eyebrow. "But...I signed a contract."

"You might want to reread that contract."

I feel lava flow through my veins.

(Y/N) runs back to me. "Is everything okay? You look a little pale."

"I'm fine," I say through clenched teeth.

Hisoka looks at me then at (Y/N). The corners of his lips turn downward. "Aw...forbidden love. I do hate when two people can't be together."

"Yeah, well...this doesn't concern you," I say.

(Y/N) has never seen me angry before, and I can tell she doesn't like it. I force a smile on my face for her.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the show. Did the other members treat you kindly?"

"Oh, yes. They are the sweetest group of people I've ever met."

"Well...I guess this is goodbye," I say.

(Y/N) walks away with downcast eyes, breaking my heart.

Hisoka pulls her back to me.

"What are you doing?" I say. "We can't be seen like this."

"The concert is over, correct?" Hisoka asks me.

"Yes."

"Do you have any other obligations tonight?"

"No."

"Then simply tell them you wish to celebrate alone tonight. Be with your lover," Hisoka says.

I look over my shoulder. The rest of the members are getting ready to head back to the dorm.

"Right," I say. "I'll let Junsu know."

(Y/N)

I hold Kurapika's arm as we walk behind the strange clown.

"Hey, you're okay," Kurapika says, sensing my fear. "He's just a fellow hunter."

Right...Kurapika's a hunter. That means he's strong. Although it still baffles me...he looks like he was born to be a K-Pop idol.

The clown, if I remember his name correctly, Hisoka, stops when we reach the end of the alley. We stop behind him.

"We're here," Hisoka says.
"Thank you," Kurapika says. "I appreciate you showing us this shortcut. I also want to thank you for the information you gave me earlier. I'm going to reread my contract and have a talk with my manager."

I watch Kurapika. He sounds completely different when he talks about hunter business. Whatever that entails.

Hisoka nods. He looks at me then at Kurapika. "Now you two run off and do what lovers do."

I feel heat rise to my cheeks as Kurapika and I turn around and walk away, ignoring his comment.

We enter Kurapika's dorm. He tells me where the cameras are located so I avoid them. I look around while I wait for him to change. Sadness washes over me as I think about how one day this might be nothing more than a museum. Memories scatter the four-bedroom building. I stare at the shelf full of awards. I remember watching the members receive some of these awards on the television.

I hold my elbow. "Wow...I can't believe I'm standing in the middle of YOUinverse's dorm right now."

Kurapika emerges from his room, interrupting my thoughts. "Who are you talking to? Have the other members returned?"

I spin around. Kurapika washed all of his makeup off and is wearing regular street clothes. "Oh...just talking to myself."

"Oh." He throws his bag over his shoulder. "We better go before they arrive. I'd love to give you a tour, but they should be here soon."

Kurapika locks the door once we're outside. I look at the dark empty streets.

"Where are we going?" I say.
"I don't know." He takes my hand in his and we begin to walk. "A hotel is located up the hill."

My mouth falls open. "A ho...tel?"

Kurapika stops in his tracks. "I'm sorry...did I make you feel uncomfortable? I just can't think of another place where we can be alone at this hour."

I twirl my hair. "Not at all. It's just...won't they know it's you checking into a hotel?"

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his wallet. "Not if I use this." He shows me his hunter's license.

I gasp. I've never seen one of those in real life.

___

I feel all eyes on us as we check in. I don't blame them for judging...besides my purse and his bag, neither one of us is carrying luggage. Why else would a couple check in this late at night?

We don't say a word as we walk into our hotel room.

I take my shoes off. "Do you think they recognized you?" I finally say.

Kurapika shakes his head. "No." He slides out of his shoes and pulls his mask off. "There's no need to worry."

He takes both of my hands and places them against his lips. "It's just you and me."

I smile.

We take a look around the small hotel room. We both blush when our eyes fall on the bed in front of us.

"May I offer you one of the chairs to sit in?" Kurapika says.

I bite my lip. "It's fine. We can sit on the bed."

"Uh...okay."

We both take a seat on the edge of the bed. I pull my knees close to my chest.

"Thank you for the song."

He gives me a proud smile. "You liked it?"

"Very much."

"I can't take all the credit. Junsu helped me a lot. I'm not much of a songwriter."

I stand on my knees and straddle Kurapika. I press my lips against his neck. He lets out a moan as I plant kisses along the side of his neck, across his jawline, and finally, his lips.

"I'll give you all the credit I want," I say against his lips.

He grabs the back of my head, deeping our kiss. I push him on the bed. He runs his hands down my back, resting them on my backside. I can't help but let out a giggle.

He immediately pulls his hands away. He stares at me with widened eyes, cheeks flushed.

"I...I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"Shh..." I place my index finger over his lips. "It's okay. I want you to touch me." I start to unbutton his shirt.

He grabs my wrists.

I pull away, confused.

"No, (Y/N). I did not come here with the intention to...uh...you know."

I feel my lower lip start to tremble. "But...why not? You don't want me?"

He buttons his shirt back up. The weight I feel on my chest makes it difficult to breathe. I climb off of him, hiding my face. Hot tears well in my eyes.

He sits up and places his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, don't cry."

"I'm not crying," I say, still hiding my face.

"Look at me, (Y/N)." He places his hand on my cheek, forcing me to look his way. "I want you more than anything."

"Then why won't you..."

He interrupts me with a kiss. He presses his forehead against mine. "We've only been dating for a little over half a year. I haven't even introduced myself to your parents. It wouldn't be right."

I pull away, slamming my fist on the bed. "We're both adults, Kurapika...none of that matters! You're not even from this country."

He furrows his brow. "It doesn't mean I don't share the same morals."

I cross my arms, looking away. He's making me feel like a hussy.

He rests his hand on my arm. I hop off the bed.

A look of worry crosses his face. "Where are you going?"

I make eye contact with him, attempting to hold back my tears. "Why do you have to be so damn perfect?" I say.

"If I was so perfect then...I wouldn't be making you feel sad right now."

___

I walk down the street wiping the tears away from my eyes. I've never been more ashamed in my entire life.

I hear Kurapika's footsteps behind me.

"(Y/N)! Wait up."

I turn around to face him.

"What is it?"

He reaches up and touches my cheek. "I just want you to know...you're worth more than some cheap hotel room. I want our first time to be special."

I place my hand over his and move it to my lips. He's perfect.

___

A few mornings later, I walk to the kitchen to make some coffee. I look out to the couch. As usual, Haneul is scrolling through her phone.

"Hey, girl," she says. "Have you seen the new dance challenge?"

I wait for my coffee to brew. "What dance challenge?"

"It's to YOUinverse's new song." Her eyes widen. "And look! Your hype boy is doing it with one of the girls from that girl band. She's good."

My heart rate accelerates. "What?" I practically run to her. "What are you talking about?"

She shows me a short clip of Kurapika, or rather, Kang Dae, dancing next to a gorgeous K-Pop idol. My jaw clenches.

"(Y/N), calm down. You're acting like he's your real-life boyfriend," Haneul says.

If she only knew. "Let me watch it again."

It's not like they are touching each other, but still...I don't like the way that girl is smiling at him.

I stomp out of the living room, leaving Haneul confused.

I grab my phone as soon as I enter my bedroom. I find Kurapika's number and press the phone against my ear.

"Yeoboseyo, nae sarang," he answers.

I jump back. His phone usually goes straight to voicemail. I'm surprised he answered it on the second ring.

"Uh...Kurapika? Are you busy today?"
"I was actually going to call you. I have singing practice at noon, but I'm free after that. Would you like to spend some time with me?"
"Oh, you actually want to spend time with me?"
"Huh? Of course I do. Is something wrong?"
I press my palm against my forehead. "No. Just text me when you're finished with practice."

___

I sit on a bench next to the spot we agreed to meet at. I look around for Kurapika. Now I can't see a darn thing. Someone is covering my eyes with their hands. I smile. I can smell Kurapika's cologne. He kisses the top of my head. Wait...I'm mad at him. I quickly wipe my smile away.

"I missed you." He hangs his head over my shoulders and plants a kiss on my cheek.

He narrows his eyes when he notices I'm not smiling. He walks around the bench until he is standing in front of me. "(Y/N)?"

I look away from him.

He places his hands on my arms and gently lifts me up. He takes my head and rests it against his shoulder. "Your tone earlier...you sounded upset. Have I done something to offend you?"

I don't answer.

He pulls me away. "This isn't about the other night, is it?"

I shake my head.

He holds my chin between his thumb and index finger. "You know I'm not a mind reader, right?"

Fire runs through my veins. He really doesn't know.

"Why don't you ask Eun-Ji?"

He jumps back. "Eun-Ji? From Sparkle Girls Four?"

I used to like that group. Now I despise them. "Exactly. I saw the dance challenge you did with her. Why didn't you tell me about it yourself?"

A soft smile spreads across his face. "That's what this is about? A meaningless dance challenge?"

My heart rate accelerates. "Meaningless?"

He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back. "You have no reason to be jealous. She's not my type. We simply did that challenge together because we work for the same entertainment company."

"Hmph. I saw the way she looked at you."

He runs his fingers through my hair. "(Y/N), please. I was just doing my job. Nothing more."

"You have eight members in your band. Why did it have to be you?"

He takes a deep breath. "I have a surprise for you."

"Do you really? Or are you just trying to change the subject?"

I feel his abdomen flex as he starts to laugh. "Both."

I pull away from him. "What is it?"

___

He holds my hand as we walk into the train. He won't tell me where we're going.

I can't help but notice the stares he's getting from other passengers. Even though he's wearing a hat and face mask, they seem to recognize him.

Sweat drops form on his forehead. He must notice them as well.

I start to make conversation with him, calling him a random name. I make sure to say it loud enough for everyone to hear. They quickly lose interest in him.

"Thank you," he whispers.

Once we get off the train, we walk the rest of the way to our destination. He stops in front of a tall building.

"We're here," he says.

I look up at the building. "What is this place?"

"I'll show you."

We walk up the stairs and he presses a code into the keypad at the front entrance.

He smiles at me while we take the elevator all the way to the top floor.

We step out of the elevator and he pulls a key out of his pocket. He hands it to me.

"What's this for?"

He motions towards one of the doors. "Unlock it."

My mouth drops open when I step inside. "Kurapika, is this your apartment?" I slide out of my shoes and walk around. Instead of walls, floor to ceiling windows surround the apartment. I run up to one of them. The sun is setting over the beautiful city of Seoul, changing the color of the sky to a bright orange.

He takes off his shoes and walks behind me, resting his hands on my waist. "No, this isn't my apartment."

I spin around to face him. "Then...whose is it?"

The corners of his mouth move upward into a huge grin. "Yours."

I gasp. "You...you bought me an apartment?"

He nods.

"I can't accept this." I look to my left then my right. "This place must have cost a fortune."

He shrugs. "It's just money. Money I don't need. To be honest, I donate most of it to children's hospitals around the world."

Right. He's both a K-Pop idol and a hunter. I can only imagine what his bank account looks like. But what's more important is the size of his heart. The fact that he donates to children's hospitals makes me fall more in love with him. I'm suddenly ashamed of myself. Why did I believe he was cheating on me?

I walk around the empty living room. "But...my friends will wonder how I got this apartment. They know my part-time job at the cafe doesn't pay much. That's why I have roommates."

He grabs my hand. "We'll figure something out. Would you like a tour?"

We walk through the apartment, saving my new bedroom for last. I open the door and stare at the only piece of furniture in the entire apartment sitting against more floor to ceiling windows. A bed.

I turn to face Kurapika. He reaches down and presses his lips against mine. He lifts me up and walks to the bed. He breaks our kiss, sitting me on the edge. He locks his eyes with mine. I scoot back, making room for him. Butterflies flutter in my stomach as he continues to kiss me.

It's my turn to break our kiss as I gasp for air. He presses his lips against my ear and begins to sing the song he wrote for me. Tears well up in my eyes as fire fills my heart.

He caresses my cheek with the back of his fingers. He moves them down my neck and stops at the notch.

Instead of falling, I'm now floating as Kurapika shows me just how much he loves me. All of my senses are heightened as I smell the faint scent of his cologne, feel the warmth of his breath as he glides his tongue down my skin, see the passion in his eyes when he looks at me, and taste him as he kisses me.

He doesn't weigh much, but I feel so protected when he's on top of me. I reach up and touch his flushed cheeks. I thought I was in love with him when I knew him as Kang Dae. But I didn't know what love felt like until I met Kurapika. He's more than just a beautiful person dancing and singing on stage. He has his own goals. Goals he's willing to put on hold for the sake of making other people happy.

My body suddenly feels like a tight ribbon that was just pulled free. I look up at Kurapika. I can see the reflection of the city lights in his eyes. What a sight...the most fascinating city on the planet inside the eyes of the most beautiful person.

Kurapika balances his weight on his forearms as he looks down at me.

"Thank you for being the reason my heart beats," he says.

___

Kurapika

I've never done drugs, but being high is the only way I can describe this feeling. I practically skip back to the dorm after walking (Y/N) home. It's a little past midnight, but all the lights are still on. There's something strange about the aura in the house.

I take my shoes off and walk to the kitchen where I see Sun Daewon standing with his back against the refrigerator. I can't tell if he's sleeping. His arms are crossed in front of his body and his bangs are covering his eyes.

I put my bag on the counter. "Hey. I finally bought you that box of Choco Pies I promised."

He lifts his head up, looks at the bag, then at me. He pushes himself off the refrigerator and walks away. I watch as he slowly ascends the stairs. He can't possibly be mad at me for fulfilling my promise late. The store is literally down the street. If he wanted them so bad, he could have walked to get them himself.

I shake my head. I know him better than that. Something else is going on.

I walk up the stairs to my room. Yoon walks down and gives me a disappointed look.

"It's nice to see you care enough to come back," he says.

I furrow my brow at him. What the hell is going on here?

I open the door to my room. I jump back when I see the rest of the members crowded around Junsu. The sound of cries fill my ears.

They don't seem to notice my arrival.

"Is everything okay?"

They look at me while stepping aside, leaving me a path to Junsu. I walk to my friend and sit down beside him. He stares at the floor, allowing tears to fall down his cheek. I wrap my arm around his shoulders. I don't say anything. I simply wait until he's ready to talk.

He lifts his head and looks at me with reddened eyes. "My grandma...she passed away."

My heart sinks to my stomach. I wrap my other arm around him and allow him to cry into my shoulder.

"We were so close, Kang Dae. She was the only one in my family who supported my dream."

My problems are suddenly meaningless. Maybe if I wasn't so concerned about finding a way to be with (Y/N), I would have known his grandmother was sick. I feel like a terrible friend.

"I'm...so sorry, Junsu."

He pulls away from me, wiping his tears away with the sleeve to his pajama top. He sniffles his nose. "We are scheduled to go to America next week. What am I supposed to do?"

"We simply reschedule our American tour. Infinities will understand," I say.

"What kind of leader would I be if I did that?"

He reminds me of who I used to be.

I place my hand on his shoulder. "A leader who puts family first."

He clasps his hands together. "But...you guys are my family, too."

I nod. "That's why we support you. Have you told Manager Kim yet?"

He shakes his head. "No. To be honest, I'm afraid to tell him."

"Then leave it to me," I say.

Junsu starts to cry again. "Thank you, Kang Dae." He looks at the rest of the members standing in the room. "Thank you, everyone. I couldn't ask for a better group of friends."

JM holds his hand out in front of Junsu. "Brothers."

A soft smile forms on Junsu's face as he shakes JM's hand. "Yes. Brothers. Forever...the eight of us."

Guilt forms in the pit of my stomach. My initial plan was to leave the band after fulfilling my contract to retrieve a pair of my brethren's eyes. I reread my contract just like Hisoka advised me to do and it turns out he just enjoys giving me anxiety. I have almost fulfilled my part of the deal. I'm going to bring it up to Manager Kim in the morning after I tell him about Junsu's grandmother.

___

(Y/N) calls me on my way to see my manager. A smile forms on my face when I hear the excitement coming from her voice. That smile fades as soon as I look up at the entertainment company's building.

"(Y/N), something came up and I have to go to Jeonju next week."
"Wait...I thought you were traveling to America for your tour," she says.

I've already said too much. But that's okay. I can trust her.

"Unfortunately, Junsu's grandmother passed away and we all will be attending her funeral instead of continuing our tour. I'm actually on my way to let our manager know."

"Oh...that's so sad," she says.

"Please...keep this between you and me." I know I don't need to remind her.
"Of course. Be safe. I love you."
"I love you, too."

I take a deep breath before knocking on my manager's door. I slowly open it once he tells me to come in.

He raises his arms in the air once he sees me. I close the door behind me before taking a seat in front of his desk.

"The one and only K-Dream! How can I help you?"

I tell him about Junsu's grandmother and how we would like to support him by attending her funeral. He sympathizes with us and agrees we should reschedule our upcoming tour.

I bow to him and turn around to leave. Before I walk out the door, I turn back around and move my eyes across the office to him.

"Looks like you have something else on your mind," he says. He motions for me to take a seat again.

I swallow hard before walking back to him.
"Sir, may I trouble you for one more favor?" I say as I sit back down.
"Of course, Kurapika. What's on your mind?" He leans back in his chair, giving me his full attention.
"Sir...I..."

Wait. He called me Kurapika and not Kang Dae. He must know I'm going to ask him about our contract.

"Sir, may I remind you that our contract is almost over? You agreed to give me intel on my clan's eyes."

He stares at me with a serious expression on his face before curling his lips upward into a smile. "What? You want to leave already? Give it one more year and YOUinverse will be as big as BTS."

I lean forward in my chair. "But...sir. I have fulfilled my end of the deal."

His smile slowly fades. "Have you?"

I nod.

He opens one of his drawers and pulls out a folder. He opens it in front of me, distributing its contents over the desk. My eyes widen as I rise to my feet.

"Explain this," he says.

"Sir..."

He slams his fist on the desk, interrupting me. "I believe the contract clearly states no dating allowed."

My eyes fall to the pictures of (Y/N) and me. I try to think of a way out of this, but I can't. He even has a picture of me kissing (Y/N). Damn.

I close my eyes and sigh. "Yes. I started seeing someone. But may I remind you...I contributed a lot to this band. I even wrote a song."

"That's your job as an artist." He points a finger at me which is considered an insult. "You're lucky I'm still keeping you in the band. You owe me your life, kid."

I clench my jaw. There's so much I want to say to him right now, but I'm smart. If I want to get closer to the scarlet eyes, I need to respect him. Even if that means being his puppet.

I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, sir. You're right. I'm lucky to be here."
He throws his arms behind his head, crossing them behind his neck. "I like you, Kurapika. That's why I'm going to make you another deal."

I raise my eyebrows. "Yes?"

"It's simple. Leave the girl, give me another year, and I'll take you straight to the owner of the scarlet eyes."

Leave (Y/N)? Is my heart capable of doing that?

(Y/N)

Kurapika promised to call me as soon as he got back from Jeonju. I leave my donation after visiting a nearby temple to pray for Junsu's family. Even though I only met him briefly, I can tell he's a wonderful person. Besides, Kurapika thinks the world of him. To be honest, he used to be my bias wrecker.

The smile returns to my face as I walk down the stairs outside the temple. It's the same smile that hasn't faded since that special night I shared with Kurapika.

I look out to the river as I lean against the railing. I never stopped long enough to appreciate the beauty of my surroundings. Now that Kurapika has filled my heart with a feeling I can only describe as magic, everything around me looks ten times more beautiful. From the blossoms that fall from the trees to the way the telephone wires hang over the street, I appreciate every little detail.

I smell the rain as it suddenly starts to fall from the sky. Instead of taking shelter, I look up and smile at the Heavens. I lift my arms up in the air and allow the rain to soak me.

"(Y/N)?"

I spin around. Kurapika looks at me with downcast eyes. There's no smile on his face; however, he did just come back from a funeral. I hold in the urge to run and jump on top of him. I don't know if he is in the right headspace for a happy hug.

He puts his hands inside of his pockets and walks toward me. It's been a few weeks since I've seen him so I'm a little breathless when he reaches down and plants a kiss on my cheek. I grab his arm for balance. His suit is wet from the rain.

"Kurapika, I missed you so much."

He takes off his suit jacket and places it over my head. I can barely hear him through the rain so I watch his lips.

"Can we go somewhere to talk?" he says.

He wrings out his jacket before we enter the small cafe at the end of the street. He holds the door open for me as I walk inside the quaint coffee shop. The walls are lined with bookshelves. I can see Kurapika hiding out here.

He pulls out a chair for me at the back of the cafe.

"I'll be back with some coffee," he says.

I watch as he walks away. He slouches as he waits in line. When it's his turn to order, it looks like he's forcing a smile on his face.

He returns to our table with two mugs of coffee. He sets them down.

"I'll be back with your cake," he says.

I blow the steam away from the top of my coffee and take a sip while I wait for Kurapika.

He sets down a plate with a huge piece of cake on it and settles in his seat.

"I missed you, too," he says.

I smile while drinking my coffee. I set my mug down, wiping the corners of my mouth with a napkin. "How's Junsu?"

Kurapika looks off to the side, making sure nobody can hear us. "He's taking it hard."

I lower my eyebrows. "I'm sorry."

He reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "Thank you. I know you care deeply about all of us."

He takes a sip of his coffee. The muffled sounds of conversations and rain pouring outside the window fill my ears as I wait for Kurapika to continue talking.

"I spoke with my manager." He places his mug back on the table.

His eyes are swollen and I can't tell if it's from crying earlier or if he's trying to hold back fresh tears.

"How did it go?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Not well." His voice cracks.

I feel my heart rise to my throat. I swallow hard in an attempt to push it back down.

He stares at me like he doesn't want to tell me what was said. Hell, I don't even know what he told his manager besides the passing of Junsu's grandmother.

"He knows," Kurapika says.

I furrow my brow. "He knows what?"

He runs his hands through his hair. "He knows about us."

I gasp. "What? How?"

"I don't know, but he has pictures. People are always watching, (Y/N). Hell, we're probably being watched now."

I lean forward, talking softly in case other ears are listening. "What did he say?"

He takes a deep breath. I look into his eyes. Those are definitely fresh tears he's holding back. "He threatened to fire me."

Guilt consumes me.

He wipes away a tear. "He's making me choose. If I leave you and give him another year, he'll take me straight to the owner of the scarlet eyes."

That's right...he only joined the band in order to get closer to finding the eyes of his people.

I hang my head. "And what did you tell him?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Nothing yet. He told me to focus on Junsu before making any big decisions."

I can hear my heartbeat in my ears. "What are you going to tell him?"

He looks at me like he's surprised I don't know the answer. "I choose you, (Y/N)."

I get up from my seat. His eyes follow mine. "You're an idiot, Kurapika."

I run out of the cafe, not caring if I make a scene.

I keep running until I'm out of breath. I run out of breath quickly because it's hard to run and cry at the same time.

I gasp for air once I reach a covered bridge. I hear the sound of girls laughing. I look over my shoulder and see a group of fans surrounding Kurapika. He smiles while he signs autographs. I can tell he loves to make people happy. Moments ago, he was holding back tears. Now, he's grinning from ear to ear as he gets to know the group of girls who found him.

He waves at them with both of his hands while they skip away happily. I take the opportunity to escape. I run away before he notices me.

I hop on a train and stay on until I reach my destination.

I run straight to my bed as soon as I enter the apartment Kurapika bought me. I bury myself under the sheets and cry into a pillow. Each atria and ventricle of my heart are being pulled apart, making it difficult for me to breathe. Or maybe I can't breathe because I'm crying harder than I ever have in my entire life. Has anyone ever died from this? If so, I pray that it will be a quick death.

I hear the front door open. Footsteps echo throughout the empty apartment as someone walks to my bedroom.

"(Y/N)?"

I don't move. I feel the extra weight on my mattress as Kurapika sits down.

I sit up and stare at him. I'm sure I look like an absolute mess.

"How did you know where to find me?"

He drops his dowsing chain and catches the ball in his hand like a yo-yo.

"Why did you run away from me?" he says.

Kurapika

I turn to face (Y/N), waiting for her to answer my question. Tears fall down her mascara-stained cheeks as she stares at nothing.

She finally brings her eyes to mine. "Because you are making a mistake."

"A mistake?" I pull my legs up on the bed. "How is choosing you a mistake?"

She hits me with a pillow. I grab it out of her hands.

She throws her hands down on the mattress in defeat. "Do you realize what you'll be giving up if you chose me?"

I take her hand into mine. "Of course I do. I'd give up my life for you. Why are you acting like that's a bad thing?"

She pulls her hand away. "Because it is. You love being a member of YOUinverse. And you want your clan's eyes back. Allow me to make it simple...I'm breaking up with you."

My heart feels like it's been shot. The pain radiates throughout my soul, leaving me breathless.

She pulls her knees to her chest, breaking eye contact with me.

I stand up and throw my fist down. "(Y/N), I didn't ask to fall in love with you. It was out of my control. In fact, I wanted the complete opposite. I had no room in my life for you. But you know what? I sacrificed a lot to be with you. And now you want to break up with me?"

She buries her face in her knees and starts to cry. Maybe I shouldn't have yelled at her.

"Just go," she says. "I'll leave the key to this apartment on the counter before I leave."

I get on my knees. "No...I'm so sorry. I'm just hurt. Please."

She lifts her head up. "We both know this can't work. We knew it from the beginning."

She's right. I can't leave YOUinverse now. They need me. More importantly, Infinities need me. I struggle to get back on my feet.

I reach down and press my forehead against hers. "I love you, (Y/N). I love you so damn much."
I press my lips against hers. I kiss her deeply, hoping this kiss will erase our problems.

She pulls away. "Kurapika, stop. We're only making things worse."

I tuck some of her hair behind her ear. It's so soft. I just want to bury my face in it. I want to bury all of myself in her.

I kiss the top of her head.

She doesn't say anything as I walk out of the room. I glance back at her when I reach the doorway. She's staring at the ground, not once looking my way.

___

Silence fills the air as I walk inside the dorm. We've all had a long week so I didn't expect much to be going on here.

"Kang Dae?" Junsu says as I close the door to our room.

With the curtains drawn closed and the storm outside, I can't see him.

"Sorry, were you asleep? I didn't mean to wake you."
"No...not sleeping." He sniffles his nose. "Just thinking."

I sit on the edge of his bed. "I see. I've been doing a lot of that myself lately."

He sits up and closes the gap between us. It's his turn to comfort me.

"Is this about (Y/N)?"

I tell my friend about the conversation I had with Manager Kim and the pictures.

"I'm so sorry, but...you're not leaving us, are you?" he says, concern evident in his voice.

"No, Junsu. You needn't worry. She wouldn't even give me that option. She knows how much this band means to me."

He lets out a soft laugh. It makes me smile because I haven't heard him laugh in weeks.

"I knew she was a good person when we met after the concert. Not to mention, gorgeous. But you know what?" He wraps his arm around my shoulder. "That string the two of you hold is strong. It won't break. Years from now, when the rest of the members and I join the army, you'll find her. You'll pick up right where you left off." He taps on my heart.

His words bring me comfort. No wonder he's good at writing songs.

"Thank you for that. But...I don't want her to have to wait for me."
"I never said anything about her waiting for you."

I feel my brow furrow. "But..."

I can tell he's shaking his head. "You're not understanding. What I'm trying to say is, no matter which path she chooses to take, she'll somehow find herself back in your arms."

I smile. I'll remind myself of that everytime I think about her.

___

Two years later

We're number one in over ten countries. Junsu fulfilled his goal of making it to the top in America. He's not the only one who fulfilled his goal. With our success, Manager Kim was more than happy to give me the intel on the scarlet eyes. After retrieving them, I focused on improving myself as an artist.

I'll admit, some days are harder than others. I don't know how the other members do it. I'm a professional hunter and sometimes I'm the last one to get out of bed in the morning due to the long dance practice sessions. We start at five in the morning and sometimes don't end until after ten at night. We make it look easy on stage, but in actuality, it takes a lot of time to get eight members to dance in sync with each other. Not to mention singing at the same time.

Seeing everyone's smiling faces and reading their letters motivate me to push through. We no longer have any empty seats at our concerts. No matter what country we're in, Infinities sing along to our lyrics. They take the time to learn a foreign language just to communicate with us.

The lights fade and all I can see are light sticks waving in the crowd. I haven't sang Scarlet-Colored Teardrops in a long time, but Junsu insisted on including it in our setlist.

I stand at the front of the stage. I read the handwritten signs around me, smiling when I see my friends waving at me.

One sign in particular catches my eye.

I still look for our stars every night. You're still in my dreams.

I look at the person holding the sign. I wipe away a tear with the back of my hand as I sing. (Y/N) is still my biggest fan.

___

We sign autographs for the fans backstage once the concert is over.

"Will you sign this picture for me?"

I look up and my heart skips a beat. (Y/N) tilts her head to the side, giving me the smile that melts my heart.

I take the picture from her. "Of course. What's your name?"

She lets out a laugh. "(Y/N)."

"That's a beautiful name." I sign the photograph and hand it back to her.

(Y/N), I look for our stars every night as well. My hope is that one day your dreams of me will become a reality.

Love, K-Dream

The End.

___

Meet YOUinverse

Junsu is the leader and the band's main songwriter. He's a perfectionist, never afraid to show emotion, and is always willing to lend a hand. He has a passion for inspiring others and spreading positivity. He's also not afraid to be assertive, which is an important trait for a leader.

JM is one of the lead singers of the group. He's trustworthy and loves to make the other members laugh with his strange humor. He says the negative part about being in the band is that he doesn't get to see his cats everyday.

Sun Daewon, or Sunny D, is the main rapper. He loves to prank the other members, however, he's probably the biggest softie of the group.

Yoon is also one of the rappers. He likes to act shy, but don't let him fool you. He's the most energetic of the group and never fails to show it while he's performing.

Duri is probably the member you would call your oppa. He's always trying to keep the other members in line when Junsu can't. His sweet personality also makes him the type you want to hold in your arms.

Ye-Jun, or YJ, is the most talented dancer of the group. He's a romanticist and loves to write love songs for the group. He's emotional, and like Junsu, he isn't afraid to discuss his feelings. There's more...he's also considered a drama queen and loves to be the center of attention.

Min is the curious one of the group. He's an introvert, but not when it comes to Infinities. He is often found staring out of the window, daydreaming about the lyrics he wants to write.

And lastly...

Kang Dae, or K-Dream, has the most beautiful singing voice of the group. He cares deeply about the other members and Infinities. He never rushes fans when they are asking him questions. They are his motivation and his reason for being a member of the band. He is also considered the counselor. He helps others reach their full potential and will stop whatever he's doing to allow them to cry into his shoulder.

Who is your bias? Or are you OT8?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 108 17
you can see the title said Kurapika X Reader oneshots. So, basically it's about you have some fun with this Kurta boy. You can request some scenes t...
25.6K 385 39
This is a (𝙆𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙪𝙖 𝙭 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧) 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙨 fanfic but its one shots. I'll try to post as much as i can <3. Thanks for reading my s...
33.3K 348 9
|| HunterxHunter x Reader Oneshots || [Mostly Kurapika] Status- Hiatus/Finished Word count- 29.5k (6 stories) Also including: headcannons My shit p...
108K 3K 17
A series of hunter x hunter one shots and short stories based on one of the cutest ships. Leorio X Kurapika