Sand In My Boots - Morgan Wal...

By glaurensisladybug

When 22 year old, single mom, Aubrey Farrell meets country singer Morgan Wallen at a local baseball game she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (smut)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (smut)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 (smut)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Final Chapter
SEQUEL

Chapter 9

1.8K 22 2
By glaurensisladybug

I got to work the next day and Jared was waiting for me next to my desk.

"Hey," I mumbled.

"You're late," he said.

"I know, I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep last night-"

"I don't need to hear any excuses from you, you're fired."

"What?! Jared, are you serious?! I am 6 minutes late! You're seriously going to fire me over 6 minutes?!"

He grinned.

"Look on your desk," he said, pointing to a piece of paper he had printed out.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Read it," he ordered. I grabbed the piece of paper and brought it closer to my face, slightly unsure of what was going on.

"Plane tickets? Why?"

"I spoke with Morgan last night. I know you're only staying here because of me. Look, I know you're afraid that our friendship will be ruined if you leave, but I'm telling you; it'll be fine," he said, seemingly genuine. "You're my best friend, Aubrey. I know you like him and I know he likes you and I don't want to stand in the way of that. So, you go and see if that's truly the life you want because if you don't you'll end up resenting me and I don't want that."

"I won't resent you," I mumbled.

"I don't want to stand in the way of your happiness. Or even his for that matter. I know everything you've been through in the last couple of years and you deserve the break. You should get to be happy. Even if it doesn't involve me," he said looking down.

"I'm happy here," I stated.

"So, you want me to get a refund on the tickets or...?"

"No," I admitted.

"Now let me give you some eye drops, you look like you cried all night," he said, pulling out a small vial from the cabinet behind us. I looked down, slightly embarrassed he had noticed.

"So, why are you firing me? I was kinda hoping I could get my job back when I'd come home."

"The severance package," he whispered, winking at me.

"Oh, Jared you don't have to-"

"I want to. Morgan mentioned how you didn't want to give up your financial independence and I totally get that, you shouldn't have to. And you won't. Or at least, not for a little while," he smiled. I didn't know what to say. I knew Jared well and his pride often got in the way of things. For him to come out and do this for me meant a lot. I knew he didn't want me to leave. I knew he probably was still wary of Morgan and would have preferred if I stayed here, in Vermont, with him. But he still made the arrangements for me to go and do my thing. He wanted me to be happy and he chose my happiness over his own. Not a lot of people would've done that, even for a friend.

"I don't know what to say, Jared."

"Then don't say anything. No goodbyes, no tears. Go get Ellie and head to the airport, your plane leaves at 12."

"Jared, I-"

"Go! Before I change my mind," he teased. I smiled at him.

"Okay," I whispered, swallowing back tears of joy. "Thank you, Jared," I said as I walked away.

***

I got home and grabbed the bags I had packed the night before. I was ready to go pack the car when I checked my phone. No texts. No missed calls. Nothing. What if he doesn't want me to come anymore? I decided to call him before making any drastic move. It rang twice before he picked up.

"Aubrey?"

"Hey, um, am I bugging you?"

"Not really, what's up?," he asked. I heard a girl giggle in the background and my heart sank.

"Um, you must be home by now."

"I am, why?"

"Who are you with?"

"Like that's any of your business," he said dryly.

"You're right, nevermind I shouldn't have called, I-"

"My sister," he interrupted. "I'm with my sister, Ashlyne."

"Oh."

"What do you want, Aubrey? Besides to monitor who can and can't spend time with apparently."

"Do you still want me to go on tour with you...?" I asked, almost embarrassed by my question. He didn't answer right away. The line went silent for a while, almost as if he was pondering.

"Why?" he finally asked. "It's not like you actually want to come so why mess with me like that?"

"Jared bought plane tickets for Ellie and I," I admitted. "We squashed whatever that was and if you'll still have us, we would love to come see you."

"Are you for real this time?" he said, still unsure of whether or not I was messing with him.

"That would be a bit of a cruel joke, don't you think?" I giggled. He sighed and I swear to god I could hear a smile in that sigh.

"What time do you land? I'll have someone pick you up."

***

We landed in Knoxville at 11 o'clock at night after two flights and a 6 hour layover in Washington. Ellie was exhausted and so was I. I had spoken on the phone with Morgan during the layover and he had assured me that there would be a driver waiting for us as soon as we got off the plane to get us to his parent's house in Sneedville. I got my bags from the baggage claim and looked for the driver. There were a couple of them, each holding a sign with their client's name on it. I scanned the room looking for our sign and finally found it. I rolled my eyes. Mrs. Aubrey Wallen & Ms. Ellie. I waved at the driver who immediately came to help me with the bags.

"I'm guessing you're Mrs. Wallen and this must be Ms. Ellie," the driver said, shaking my daughter's hand.

"I like your hat," she said.

"And I like your shoes," he answered, looking at her little glow in the dark Frozen sneakers. She giggled. "My name is Andrew, and I will be driving you out to Sneedville tonight. It will be about a 90 minute drive, and Mr. Wallen has requested some snacks for Ms. Ellie and champagne for you Mrs. Wallen. If you have any other requests or would like me to make an extra stop, don't be shy, I am at your disposal," he added formally while carrying our luggage towards the car.

"Thank you, Andrew, that is very nice of you. Unnecessary, but very kind," I smiled. "Also, please call me Aubrey because if I hear you call me Mrs. Wallen one more time my head might explode," I joked. Ellie giggled.

"Very well, Aubrey," he answered, opening the door for Ellie and I to get in the car. And of course, the minute I got in the car I noticed a bottle of Dom Perignon in an ice bucket along with a whole bunch of snacks for Ellie. I took a picture of the bottle and sent it to Morgan.

MORGAN 11:37 PM

?

AUBREY 11:38 PM

THAT IS A 300$ BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE, SIR

MORGAN 11:40 PM

345 actually, but who's counting ;)

AUBREY 11:41 PM

Are you insane??? I can't drink that!!

MORGAN 11:42 PM

It's not like imma return it if you don't lmao

I rolled my eyes at the text and opened the bottle. Ellie jumped.

"Sorry baby, I should've warned you."

"It's okay," she said, too busy shoveling down cheese puffs to really care. I poured myself a glass and sent him another picture.

AUBREY 11:45 PM

Thank you then, Mr. Wallen ;)

MORGAN 11:47 PM

You're welcome Mrs. Wallen, how did you find my sign? ;)

AUBREY 11:48 PM

Slightly disturbing

MORGAN 11:49 PM

Claiming my territory, baby. And as soon as you get here and little Miss Ellie falls asleep, I'll show you that you're all mine now ;)

I felt my cheeks turning red and my heart started beating faster.

"Hey Andrew, any way we can go a little faster?"

-------

Hello lovelies! So, I was thinking of writing a little smut in the next chapter. Do you guys like that? Or would you rather I stick with drama/romance type of stuff? Please don't be shy and feel free to give feedback, that's how I know what you guys like and how I can adapt the story to please my readers! 

XO

LadyBug

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 3.3K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...
68K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
1.5M 53.4K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
11.5K 90 12
[Book 2 of the Country Love series] Harper Wallen loves being Morgan Wallen's little sister. She loves her older brother's music and loves working as...