𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 | 𝐡𝐰𝐣

By x_Atti_x

Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɴᴇs ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴀᴅ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʙʟᴜʀʀᴇᴅ... More

A/N
𝖢𝖺𝗌𝗍
𝐢. 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐢𝐢. 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝐢𝐯. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐱𝐞𝐫
𝐯.𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭
𝐯𝐢. 𝐋𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐲
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩
𝐢𝐱. 𝐀 𝐜𝐲𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧-𝐣𝐮
𝐱. 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?
𝐱𝐢. 𝐏𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐱𝐯. 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐀 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠?
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐟
𝐱𝐢𝐱. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐱. 𝐈𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝
« 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 »
𝐢. 𝐖𝐚𝐫
𝐢𝐢. 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐫
𝐢𝐯. 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐯. 𝐓𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬
𝐯𝐢. 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐀 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐢𝐱. 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲
𝐱. 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲
𝐱𝐢. 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞
𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐅𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐥𝐞
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞
𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐓𝐰𝐨
𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬: 𝐍𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬
𝐀/𝐍

𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐀 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞

3.3K 178 27
By x_Atti_x

The next morning, they had received a call from Mr Moon telling them Mr Choi wanted to have a chat. Biting down on her nerves for the sake of her family, they had met up with Woo-jin and made their way to a sushi restaurant.

Entering the restaurant, they bowed in greeting as the owner ( Mr Hwang ) rounded the counter, approaching them, poised, arms crossed behind his back.

"You were introduced by Mr, Moon, right?" he said as they nodded. He eyed the two siblings who stood behind Woo-jin before directing them to a booth. "This way please"

They bowed gratefully, Seon-woo and Geon-woo taking a step forward before his hand shot out, halting Woo-jin in place as he told the sibling to move ahead, confusion plastering their faces but Woo-jin subtly nodded his head as she glanced back at him worried. The boy just waving his hands encouragingly.

Geon-woo noticed her hesitance, placing a hand behind her back as heslid open the door, bowing in greeting at the elderly man already sat at the table waiting for them.

So, this was Mr Choi she thought.

"Hello, I am Kim Geon-woo and this is my sister Kim Seon-woo" he introduced as she bowed, her smile showing through her mask as her eyes crinkled. Mr Choi grinned slightly, ushering them to the already prepped table opposite him.

"May I speak freely?" Mr Choi asked as Geon-woo sat pin straight in his seat. Seon-woo just as nervous as she nodded, hoping to ease their worries a little. "Yes, sir"

The man chuckled at the young siblings. Their nervousness radiating off the two, yet they still sat poised and respectful. They needed this, otherwise Seon-woo was certain they were screwed.

"Did you hurt your face?" Mr Choi furrowed as saw the bruises and bandage on Geon-woo.

"I got hurt trying to stop the landsharks who were destroying our mother's café." He said as Mr Choi sighed remorsefully.

"I was once a loan shark myself. It has been a while since I quit" he said as she gave him a small smile. "Now I am in the business of offering zero interest loans to sick people who can't afford treatment."

"That's very noble sir" Seon-woo said as Mr Choi sent her a warm smile, wrinkles crinkling at his sides as he smiled.

"I'm looking for a person. There's a young kid who's learning the business from me. We're not related by blood. That kid's the only family I have. I worry she might get hurt while getting around alone. So, I was hoping for a good person to be by her side and keep her safe" he said glancing at Geon-woo before meeting her stare." Someone who she can confide in. A friend"

"It's not debt collection, right" Geon-woo asked as Mr Choi immediately shook his head. "No, it's not debt collection" a visible sigh of relief leaving the two.

"It's personal security" he confirmed and the two felt lighter.

"You might find this offensive but I've done a little digging on you two" he said as Geon-woo glanced at his sister before shaking his head. "Not at all. We're not offended at all."

"I heard that even in hardship, you didn't lose the goodness in you" he said fondly as he glanced at Seon-woo "And that you've lived a diligent life. Seeing you both in person like this. I see you have a strong gaze. You seem trustworthy" he said as they thanked him.

"Seon-woo" Mr Choi called as she perked up. "Yes sir" she said.

"Can I speak to Geon-woo for a bit. But not too long, there's something I'd like to say to you too" he asked kindly as she nodded, patting her brother's shoulder lightly, she bowed to him and made her way out the door, closing it quietly as she turned her back, a deep sigh leaving her.

She glanced up where Woo-jin was sat at one of the tables. His back to them, fidgeting with the chopsticks, before they slipped, clanging to the ground as he looked up panicked, hoping no one saw. The sashimi chef shooting him a glare as Woo-jin gave him an apologetic look, placing the chopsticks down and lowering his head with a sigh.

Seon-woo pursed her lips amusedly as she leaned against the wall. Maybe it was her last shred of hope that things would turn around for them but a part of her believed Mr Choi would be able to help them. He didn't seem like any of the others they had met, he seemed genuine and kind hearted.

"Seon-woo" she turned as her brother slid open the door, nodding his head as she smiled, taking his place as he walked out, spotting Woo-jin as he rejoined his friend.

Seon-woo sat opposite him, her heart in her throat as Mr Choi gave her a warm smile in reassurance.

"It must be hard being the oldest" he said as Seon-woo shook her head slightly, a small smile playing at her lips. "I have a good family" she said as he hummed.

"Geon-woo told me about your father" he said as she tensed, her gaze slightly wavering. "I see" she said awkwardly.

"Do you mind sharing?" he said as she hesitated before nodding, her hands clasped in her lap tightly.

"My father was a good man. Well, that's what I had liked to believe, for someone as soft hearted and kind as my mother could've fallen in love and marry him. There must've been some good" she said as she took a shaky breath. "Geon-woo took after our mother in that sense. He has a good heart, too good and when my father changed it scared me."

Mr Choi didn't reply instead, his eyes softened slightly as she squeezed her hands to stop them from shaking.

"He used to drink but it had never gotten so bad until after he lost his job. When we went bankrupt after our family lost the court case. He would beat our mom, I always tried to keep Geon-woo away. He and my mother never liked violence but one day "she said as she bit back tears.

"I came home, and my dad was over my mom, she was screaming and was, well. He reeked of alcohol, and he had this crazed look in his eye. I thought he was going to kill her. Geon-woo was in middle school at the time, he was at a study café. I told him I was going to walk him back I just needed to fetch something from home. "A tear slipped down her cheek as she brushed it away, sniffling, she glanced up at him before her eyes darted back down to her hands.

"I remember screaming when I saw my dad, a smashed bottle in his hand as he grabbed my mother. So, I did the only thing I could do at the time, and I rammed into him. I tried to get my mother away from him, yelling at her but she wouldn't leave me. The next thing I know there's sirens and my brother and mother hovering over me. Geon-woo walked back when I didn't show up, you can only imagine what he saw when he walked through those doors. "she said as she took a deep breath.

"From that moment Geon-woo told me he wanted to get strong, to do boxing so he could protect us. I didn't want to take that away from him so I encouraged it. When I turned 18, I started doing part-time to pay for us. My parents divorced then. I did whatever jobs I could, to fund our rent, start my mother's café, pay for Geon-woo's training. I should've been in university but I, I had a family to look out for. I wouldn't change that. "she said as Mr Choi sighed.

"If you're looking for someone who can fight, Geon-woo is perfect ad I even trained so I could help him be the best. We're good people Mr Choi, please help up'" she begged as tears slipped down her cheeks.

Mr Choi reached over, squeezing her hands as she lowered her head.

'' We really appreciate your help with this".

Seon-woo smiled as she placed a bow of rice in front of Woo-jin, her mother handing him her famous kimchi stew as she took a seat opposite him.

"Don't mention it. Your children are dear friends of mine" he said as Seon-woo rolled her eyes lightly.

"Ya, Woo-jin. Just accept our gratitude" Seon-woo said as she pointed her chopsticks at him. He nodded giving her a salute as Geon-woo smacked his shoulder lightly.

"Please dig in '' their mother said as the two boys wasted no time, all but inhaling the food.

They paused when they heard the door, Seon-woo glancing at them confused as they shrugged.

"Eat" she said as she waved them off " I'll get it".

"Hello?" she asked kindly, opening the door slightly where she was greeted by an old man, smiling slightly as she furrowed a bit. "Can I help you sir?"

"I work for Mr Choi" he said as her eyes widened slightly, sparing a glance behind her where her family was still sitting, laughing at a joke Woo-jin made as her mother insisted, they eat, shoving more rice into Geon-woo and Woo-jin's bowls.

She nodded, bowing respectfully as she took a step outside, closing the door.

"Here. It's a hundred million won" he said handing her a brown gift bag.

"What?!" she exclaimed, her eyes round in disbelief as she inhaled sharply.

"It's two years pay in advance" he said, nodding his head encouragingly as she accidently took a step back.

"Sir I-"she stuttered as her eyes trailed down to the bag. He gently grabbed her hand, his smile never faltering as he placed the bag into her hold and guided it towards her.

"Work starts at 10am tomorrow. You and your brother." He said as she clutched onto the bag, tears filling her eyes as she nodded. "I will text you the office address".

Seon-woo's eyes watered, bowing deeply as she felt gratitude explode in her chest.

"Thank you sir" she said beholden. " Thank you so much"

"You should thank Mr Choi" he said, giving her a smile before bowing as she rapidly nodded.

Seon-woo watched him leave, her head bowed until he was out of view before straightening, glancing down to the pile of money staring back her. A shaky breath past her before she cupped her mouth with her hand, a rattling sob building up in her chest as tears poured down her cheeks. She buried her face into the crook of her arm, muffling her cries before she spun around as the door opened.

Geon-woo peaked through the door, seeing the bag in his sister's hand before meeting her tear-stained face.

"Seon-woo" he said concerned as he took a step forward, she let out another cry as she opened the bag lightly, showing him its contents as his eyes trailed from her watery ones, widening when it landed on her hands.

"Is that-"he drifted as she nodded, a watery chuckle leaving her as Geon-woo lurched forward, wrapping her in his arms as he let out a tearful laugh. Setting her down she handed him the money, tears in his eyes he placed his arm around her shoulder, guiding the pair back into the house.

"Who was it?" their mother said as Seon-woo smiled, Geon-woo holding the money close.

"Mom, the thing is, we got a job through an acquaintance of Woo-jin" he said as Seon-woo gave Woo-jin a grin. "We're kind of like bodyguards for a family member of a rich businessman. He thought highly of us" Seon-woo continued as Geon-woo lifted up the bag. "He gave us the 100 million won as advance on two years' worth of work".

"Really'' she said as the two nodded.

"Seon-woo, what about your other jobs "she said as she reached over, holding her mother's hands she smiled warmly. "Don't worry about that mom, Let's pay our debt first so it doesn't accrue interest okay" she said she squeezed her hands. " I told you it would work out" she comforted.

"It feels like I've ruined your future Seon-woo" she said as she cupped her daughter's cheek, glancing up at her son. "You as well Geon-woo"

"Mom" Seon-woo said, shaking her head "You didn't". Geon-woo nodding in tune with his sister's words. "Living happily with you matters more than anything to me" he said as Seon-woo turned her head slightly to her brother, her eyes shimmering with adoration. ''I can train hard while working. I'll start boxing again once the pandemic is over. It's okay" he reassured as Seon-woo brushed her mother's tears away.

"Let's smile, okay? This is a good thing" Geon-woo said as he hugged their mom.

Seon-woo stood up, glancing at Woo-jin who smiled softly at the pair as she made her way to the man, tapping his shoulder lightly, she nodded to the room next door a she allowed Geon-woo to comfort their mother.

"You saved my family Woo-jin" she said as she glanced up at him, biting down hard on her lip as he merely waved her off, his smile warm.

"Nah, you saved your family. I just lent a helping hand" he said as they stared at each other. Her heart soaring in her chest as he opened his arms slightly. She chuckled, her nose tinted red as she took a step forward, his arms enveloping her as hers crawled around his waist while her hands rested on his back.

"Thank you Woo-jin" she said, her eyes fluttering shut as his hands ran gently along her spine

"Thank you"

I'm so ill, it's also freezing so if there's mistakes it's prob because I can't feel my fingers 😭

Yall are for real tempting with this mass upload. 💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 693 64
;𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤?; 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙖𝙨𝙠𝙚𝙙. ;𝙮𝙚𝙨 𝙞 𝙙𝙤, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮...
11.5K 332 32
"𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑔𝑒𝑡 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛?" "𝑃𝑜𝑟𝑞𝑢𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑛𝑎, 𝑛𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑦 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑜 𝑒𝑙." "𝐵𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑑𝑜 𝐼 𝑘𝑛�...
71.8K 3.4K 24
18+ || bloodhounds. + original character. ⎯⎯⎯ "what you're feeling isn't pain. it's weakness leaving your body." + includes: angst, violence...
144K 7.5K 35
★彡 🅒🅞🅜🅟🅛🅔🅣🅔🅓 彡★ 𝐀 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐉𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰�...