A Phoenix Rises From Ashes (A...

By RogersBarnes3000

Y/N "Phoenix" Nash is a firefighter at the 118 in LA. She's got a lot of hardship and trauma behind her, fri... More

Added Characters
About Y/N
Author Note
History Makes Us Who We Are
A Friend And A Rebar
Valentine's Day
The Nash Trauma
S2: E1 Under Pressure
S2: E2 7.1
S2: E3 Help Is Not Coming
S2: E4 Stuck
S2: E5 Awful People
S2: E6 Dosed
S2: E7 Haunted
S2: E8 Buck, Actually
S2: E10 Merry Ex-Mas
S2: E13 Fight or Flight
S2: E14 Broken
S2: E15 Oceans 911
S2: E16 Bobby Begins Again
S2: E17 Careful What You Wish For
S2: E18 This Life We Choose
S3: E1 Kids Today
S3: E2 Sink or Swim
S3: E3 The Searchers
S3: E4 Triggers
S3: E5 Rage
S3: E6 Monsters
S3: E8 Malfunction
S3: E9 Fallout
S3: E10 Christmas Spirit
S3: E11 Seize The Day
S3: E12 Fools
S3: E13 Pinned
S3: E14 The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1
S3: E15 Eddie Begins
S3: E16 The One That Got Away
S3: E17 Powerless
S3: E18 What's Next?
IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT 2.0
IMPORTANT 3.0
IMPORTANT 4.0
IMPORTANT 5.0
S4: E1 The New Abnormal
S4: E2 Alone Together
S4: E4 9-1-1, What's Your Grievance?
S4: E5 Buck Begins
S4: E6 Jinx
S4: E7 There Goes The Neighbourhood
S4: E8 Breaking Point
S4: E9 Blindsided
S4: E10 Parenthood
S4: E11 First Responders
S4: E12 Treasure Hunt
S4: E13 Suspicion
S4: E14 Survivors
S5: E1 Panic
S5: E2 Desperate Times Part 1
S5: E2 Desperate Times Part 2
S5: E3 Desperate Measures
S5: E4 Home and Away
S5: E5 Peer Pressure
S5: E6 Brawl In Cell Block 9-1-1
S5: E7 Ghost Stories
S5: E8 Defend In Place
S5: E9 Past Is Prologue
S5: E10 Wrapped In Red
S5: E11 Outside Looking In
S5: E12 Boston
S5: E13 Fear-o-Phobia
S5: E14 Dumb Luck
S5: E15 FOMO
S5: E16 May Day
S5: E17 Hero Complex
S5: E18 Starting Over
S6: E1 Let The Games Begin
S6: E2 Crash & Learn
S6: E3 The Devil You Know
S6: E4 Animal Instincts
S6: E5 Home Invasion
S6: E6 Tomorrow
S6: E7 Cursed
S6: E8 What's Your Fantasy?
S6: E9 Red Flag
S6: E10 In A Flash
S6: E11 In Another Life
S6: E12 Recovery
S6: E13 Mixed Feelings
S6: E14 Performance Anxiety
S6: E15 Death and Taxes
PLEASE READ
S6: E16 Lost And Found
S6: E17 Love Is In The Air
S6: E18 Pay It Forward
S7 IS COMING!!!!!!!!!

S4: E3 Future Tense

1.8K 25 24
By RogersBarnes3000

This is by far the longest chapter I have ever written, so please try to enjoy it.
Also, I'm going to bed now as it is 1:31am, I just really wanted to do this chapter for you guys, cause you're all amazing.
I love you all.

"LAFD." Bobby rang the doorbell as they walked over to the house.

"Dispatch said the patient was unconscious." Buck looked at Bobby confused as to why he rang the bell.

"They also said it was a smart home." Bobby glanced at Y/N knowing her distaste for robots.

"Welcome Los Angeles Fire Department." A robotic voice opened the front door for them.

"Oh, no. No way. Nuh uh. I'm out." Y/N shook her head at the house turning to leave.

"Am I the only one beside Fi really creeped out right now?" Hen looked at the house.

"No." Bobby put his mask on, as the boys all spoke at the same time.

"Fi, it can't hurt you. And I'll protect you if it tries." Hen reassured Y/N as the others looked at her.

"Come on, let's go." Bobby opened the shower as they got inside.

"Let's see what we got here." Chimney went over to the victim.

"All right, what are his vitals?" Bobby watched Hen and Chimney.

"Pulse is steady. Scalp is lacerated. Probably a concussion. Anthony, can you hear us?" Hen raised her voice looking at the victim.

"Looks like first or maybe second degree burns from the water. His veins are collapsed. Probably hypovolemia. We'll need a line in his ankle." Chimney looked at Bobby as Y/N glanced around uneasily.

"There's still shampoo in his hair. He fell down with the water on. So, who turned it off?" Bobby frowned at them confused.

"Probably the same thing that let us in here and that is watching us as we speak." Y/N gave Bobby a forced smile making them all turn to look at her.

"What? Can we please hurry this up so that we can leave?" Y/N frowned wanting nothing more but to get far away from this house.

"That thing just said my name and brought up a list of coffee makers. All because I mentioned the coffee machine I wanted to get." Eddie whispered into Y/N's ear not wanting Hildy to hear.

"Okay, I tried. I can't stay in here. I'll be in the truck." Y/N turned and walked back outside.

"Why would you tell her that?" Chimney looked at Eddie in disbelief.

"I don't know. I'm freaked out." Eddie shrugged glancing around the room.

"Hello, Fi. Here is a list of psychiatrists that specialise in robophobia." Hildy turned a screen on as Y/N walked past.

"No, no, no. No, no, no, no." Y/N ran out of the house, climbing into the truck and throwing her jacket over her head to hide from Hildy.

"Hey, Fi." Buck frowned as he opened the truck door.

Eddie climbed into the truck, taking her jacket off her and holding her close as she buried her face in his chest.

* After Shift At Eddie's Place *

"So, you've got your dress?" Eddie looked at Y/N as they sat at the table.

"Yes, dresses and suits are all sorted. Cake has been chosen, flowers are decided, rings are agreed on. Venue is all sorted. Invites have been sent out..we've discussed the wedding roles. I feel like we're missing something." Y/N nodded along as she listed everything.

"I'm sure we'll figure it out." Eddie reassured Y/N as he tested her hand on his.

"Yeah. Yeah, we will. Have your parents decided if they're coming or not?" Y/N smiled at Eddie softly.

"Yeah, they're coming. I'm still not sure I want them there, but it's too late for them not to come." Eddie frowned at the thought of his parents.

* Later That Night *

"Come on, Buck. I'm beating you." Christopher glanced at Buck as the two played video games on the couch.

"You're cheating." Buck looked at Christopher with a frown.

Y/N and Eddie were sitting at the table, going over the wedding details, when Eddie got up and turned off the video game.

"Dad, I was beating him." Christopher looked up at Eddie.

"Well, we're taking a little break from the internet, right now." Eddie put his hands on his hips as Y/N glanced over.

"But how am I supposed to talk to my friends?" Christopher smiled at Eddie confused.

"You're talking to people on these things?" Eddie frowned at Christopher's worried words.

"Kay, hey, um, you know I was kidding earlier about the spying?" Buck frowned as he watched Eddie look at the headset.

"Were you? Cause ever since that call, every time I go online, there's an ad for coffee makers. Read the news, coffee makers. Check the weather, coffee maker." Eddie looked up as one of the twins started crying.

"I got them." Y/N went to check on the twins.

"Yeah, it's uh, it's called targeted advertising." Buck watched Eddie concerned.

"I didn't even want a new coffee maker! The one I have is fine! Fi doesn't even drink coffee. And I only mentioned it infront of you...and Hildy." Eddie looked at the ground.

"Hildy? Are we getting a Hildy?" Christopher's face lit up in excitement.

"No, we are definitely not. Fi's already terrified of those things." Eddie shook his head at Christopher.

"Buck, can we go to your house and play video games?" Christopher turned to Buck as Eddie crossed his arms at Buck with a look.

"Uh, sorry, kid. I think we're gonna be playing it old school for a while." Buck looked at Eddie and then Christopher as Eddie walked out of the room.

"What's old school?" Christopher frowned at Buck confused.

"Have you ever heard of Scrabble?" Buck smiled at Christopher.

"Hey." Y/N turned to Eddie as he walked into the room.

"Are my precious babies all right?" Eddie looked at the twins.

"Yeah, they're all right." Y/N smiled as she watched Eddie with the twins.

"Hey, so where are you two going for your honeymoon?" Buck looked up at them as they came back into the lounge room.

Eddie and Y/N both turned to look at each other.

"I told you we were missing something." Y/N gave Eddie a look.

"Buck. I think they forgot." Christopher looked at Buck with a smile.

"Wow. You guys are unbelievable. That would be the first thing I'd organise." Buck watched them in surprise.

"Yeah, of course it would." Eddie glanced at Buck.

"Oh. We could go to Texas! You could show me around and teach me how to ride a bull." Y/N looked at Eddie with an excited grin.

"I want to ride a bull." Christopher looked over at them.

"Nobody is riding any bull. I'm not a cowboy." Eddie looked at Y/N.

"Yes you are." Y/N smiled as if he was joking.

"I'm not." Eddie looked her dead straight in the eye.

"Well, you are now." Y/N shrugged at him making Christopher laugh.

"You are from Texas." Buck chuckled at Eddie's defeated expression.

"I don't want to spend our honeymoon in the same place as my parents." Eddie glanced at Buck before turning back to Y/N.

"Well, where do you wanna go?" Y/N watched Eddie.

"I..don't know." Eddie shrugged at Y/N.

"Okay, as your best man, I will find you guys the perfect place." Buck reassured them.

"You sure?" Y/N turned to look at Buck.

"Yeah. I've already got some places in mind." Buck nodded with a smile.

* At The Grant Residence *

"So, what is this meeting about? And why don't Fi or Eddie have to be here?" Chimney looked at Buck confused.

"Fi and Eddie forgot to plan a honeymoon. So, I said I'd organise it for them, but I've got no ideas whatsoever." Buck looked around at them all.

"So, then why volunteer to do it?" Karen frowned at him confused.

"Because Eddie's stressed about his parents coming and Fi's..well Fi. She's probably going to bake all the food for the wedding. So, ideas, let's go." Buck nodded at them all to give ideas.

"What about a cruise or something?" Maddie looked at Buck with a slight shrug.

"A cruise? Eddie and Fi?" Buck frowned at the idea.

"Hey, I don't know Eddie as well as you guys do." Maddie raised her hands up in surrender.

"Are you sure they even want a honeymoon? I mean, if they forgot about it, maybe it's because they don't want to go." Athena suggested to Buck.

"I don't care what they want. It has to be perfect. The pre wedding, the wedding and the period after the wedding. So, if you're not going to be helpful get out." Buck turned to Athena.

"Excuse me, Buckaroo, you're in my house." Athena looked at him amused.

"Right, right. I'm sorry. I just want for them to have a good time. They've both been through a lot and.." Buck apologised to Athena.

"Oh, I know what this is about. You want quality time with Christopher and the twins." Bobby smiled at Buck.

"Well, yeah, that is a bonus." Buck shrugged at Bobby.

"And you think they'll choose you to look after them? I am their grandpa." Bobby watched Buck in amusement.

"I'm their best friend. Besides you're not as spry as you used to be." Buck turned back to the others before wincing in realisation of what he said.

"You're on a roll there, Buck." Hen chuckled as Bobby gave Buck a look.

"Disney World!" Chimney jumped to his feet, clapping his hands together loudly.

"What?" Buck looked at him confused as Bobby frowned.

"Not for you, guys. For Eddie and Fi. They always watch movies together." Chimney looked at them all.

"Oh, that's a good idea." Hen nodded along in agreement.

* On Call The Next Day *

"Los Angeles Fire Department. We got a call from this address." Bobby knocked on the apartment door.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Ow." A woman banged into something.

"Cap, battering ram." Eddie handed the ram to Bobby.

"Ma'am, step away from the door, we're coming in." Bobby took the ram from Eddie.

"Let's get her up off the floor. Come on. Help her up." Bobby looked at Eddie and Y/N.

"Let's get you to a chair, okay?" Eddie and Y/N helped the woman to sit down in a chair.

"Can you tell us about your symptoms?" Hen looked at the woman as she sat down.

"Well, it's really just the one symptom. I can't see anything." The woman tried looking around as Eddie glanced at Y/N.

"Have you been having trouble with your vision before today?" Eddie looked at the woman.

"No, always been 20/20." The woman shook her head.

"And this morning just completely gone?" Hen frowned looking at Eddie.

"I woke to greet the world, and it wasn't there." The woman frowned panicked.

"Ma'am, have you been using any new skin care or makeup products, anything like that , that may cause an allergic reaction?" Bobby watched the woman.

"No. Nothing like that." The woman sat still as Eddie checked her blood pressure.

"What about household cleaners? Anything with fumes or a strong scent?" Bobby glanced at Y/N as she glanced around the room.

"Just some essential oils." The woman was still panicking.

"Yeah, that wouldn't do this." Hen frowned concerned and confused.

"Blood pressure is normal, so it's probably not a circulation problem." Eddie looked at Bobby as Y/N started looking around the room.

"You've got some swelling and minor irritation on the eyelid. Ma'am, I'm gonna open up your eyelid, and I'm gonna shine this light up there, okay?" Hen spoke in a calm, gentle voice.

"Just relax. Diminished pupillary response. Minor clouding on the lenses. Almost like they're covered in a film." Hen looked at her eyes with a torch.

"Cataracts don't just appear overnight. What was that?" Eddie made a sudden movement making Y/N look over.

"What?" Hen frowned as she turned to Eddie confused.

"Thought I saw something move." Eddie watched her eye.

"In my eye?" The woman frowned in disgust and worry.

"Something like a..a worm?" Hen checked her eye.

"Oh, God. Oh, God. I'm gonna throw up. I'm gonna throw up." The woman almost gagged at the thought.

"Just try and stay calm for us, okay?" Eddie reassured the woman.

"Let me grab a forcep and sample jar." Hen went over to her kit.

"Worm? How did a worm get in my eye?" The woman almost started crying.

"Maybe it could be some kind of bug." Hen went back over to the woman.

"Face flies. It's a type of parasite that infects livestock. They feed off the tears, lay eggs in the eyes. You don't normally see it in people, though. Mostly cattle." Bobby looked at Y/N.

"I haven't been around cattle. I don't think I even been in the same room with a burger since 2004." The woman became even more distraught.

"You probably haven't taken a trip." Hen glanced at Y/N for any suggestions.

"Everything's closed." The woman's voice trembled.

"Maybe something in your workspace. What do you do for a living?" Eddie watched her as Y/N thought about it.

"Hey, Dad, can't other livestock get it?" Y/N looked at Bobby.

"I teach yoga." The woman stared ahead.

"What kind of yoga?" Eddie frowned glancing at Y/N.

"Goats?" Y/N frowned at the answer.

"And people pay to do that?" Bobby looked at Y/N in shock.

"Well, people say that baby goats offer the perfect weight and resistance to hold a plank position." Eddie watched as Hen pulled something out of her eye.

"I can know weird stuff too." Eddie defended himself making Bobby laugh.

"I love random facts." Y/N smiled over at Eddie making him try and hide a smile.

"No, it's not weird. Okay, it's a little weird. But people really like the class and..and goat yoga's the only thing that's keeping me afloat while the studios closed." The woman admitted hesitantly.

"Hey, no offense, but if you're gonna stick with goats, you might wanna consider wearing goggles." Eddie watched the woman.

"Maybe it's a sign. My sister keeps telling me to grow up already, get a real job. She might be right." The woman kept as still as possible.

"Or she might be wrong. Who cares about what other people think? Okay, if goat yoga is your jam, your dream, then own your goat yoga. Never apologise to anyone for that, okay?" Hen watched her thinking about something personal.

"Aw. Thank you." She tried to find Hens face with her hand making Y/N hold back a laugh.

"Oh, I can see again. Oh, thank you. Um, do rabbits have worms? Maybe bunny yoga is the future." She gagged at the worms in the jar.

"Do rabbits have worms?"

"Oh, no. Not this again." Y/N picked up the battery ram holding it out toward Hildy.

"Would you like to hear what I found on the internet?"

"No." Eddie stalked over turning the device off as Bobby stopped Y/N from destroying it completely.

"I never want to see Hildy again." Y/N grimaced as they walked outside.

"Neither do I." Eddie put his arm around her.

"You were blushing in there, when Fi said she loves random facts." Hen smirked at Eddie.

"You got a problem with that?" Y/N looked at Hen with a smile.

"I just think you're heavier than a goat." Hen shrugged at Y/N.

"Fi? I think the goats heavier. Fi is as light as a feather." Bobby chuckled as Eddie picked Y/N up on his back.

* Later That Night *

Eddie has gone to get the door and he returned with a parcel.

"What's that?" Y/N frowned at the box.

"I don't know." Eddie pulled out his knife to open the parcel with a frown.

Y/N walked over to find a note saying it was a gift from Hildy, inside was a coffee maker.

"We got them." Christopher smiled as he called Buck.

"Thanks, Buck. Real funny." Eddie took the phone from Christopher before hanging up as Christopher laughed.

"Right. Know anyone that would like this? Cause it's not staying here." Y/N looked at Eddie making Christopher laugh more.

"Why not? It's Bucks money." Eddie shrugged at her.

"If you want it, you can have it. Just unplug it when we go to bed." Y/N sat down next to Christopher.

* A Week Later *

"How we doing?" Athena waited outside the door for Y/N as she got into her dress.

"It fits, if that's what you mean." Y/N came out of the bathroom in her dress.

"You look amazing. And how are you feeling?" Athena smiled at
her.

"Hey, Fi." Buck walked into the room.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Eddie?" Athena turned to him concerned.

"Yeah, but I came to make sure Fi was okay. We talked about this." Buck turned to Y/N.

"Talked about what?" Athena frowned looking between the two.

"She's, uh, nervous." Buck watched Y/N with a worried look in his eyes.

"Oh, Fi, trust me, it is normal to be nervous, but you are going to do great." Athena put her hand on Y/N's shoulder.

"I don't know if I can do this." Y/N looked at Athena with tears in her eyes.

"Just..just wait here for a second." Buck looked at Y/N before taking Athena outside as Michael and Bobby walked over.

Hen, May and Karen were standing, by the beach entrance for Y/N, so the wedding could commence.
Hen's Outfit

May's

Karen's

Athena's

Christopher's

Buck and Chimney's

"What's going on?" Bobby looked over at Athena and Buck.

"I think Buck was just about to explain." Athena glanced at Buck.

"Fi's been having trouble with the idea of getting married for a while." Buck looked at them.

"Why? I thought she was excited." Michael frowned at Buck.

"Marcy isn't here." Buck turned his attention to Bobby.

"Oh, I didn't even think about that." Athena frowned, guilty she didn't think about how Y/N would be feeling because of it.

"I'll talk to her." Bobby nodded to Buck in reassurance.

"Fi." Bobby walked into the room.

"Hey, Dad." Y/N gave him a forced smile as she got to her feet.

Bobby stopped, looking at her in the wedding dress.

"You look beautiful." Bobby smiled at her.

"You have to say that, you're my Dad." Y/N gave a small smile.

"I mean it. Fi, I know it doesn't seem like your Mum is here, but I know she's here in spirit. She's here in you, and she's here in me. She'd be proud of you." Bobby sat down with her.

"I don't think she would. I'm still taking after you. I mean, you got married, I'm getting married. You had three kids, I've got three kids. We're both still firefighters. I'm everything, she never wanted me to be." Y/N frowned at Bobby.

"But you are everything you dreamed of being. And if you weren't who you were, none of us would be who we are today, the 118 wouldn't be a family." Bobby put his arm around her in comfort.

"What if I do go out there, and marry Edmundo? Everyone I get close to dies. Bucks almost died more than once. I've lost my family and my friends." Y/N wiped a tear from her face.

"Well, I'm still here and so is Buck. I mean, there's a lot of people waiting out there for you. The people you get close to, don't always die, Fi. You just got the short end of the straw. It's made you who you are. Strong, brave, smart and kind." Bobby reassured her gently.

"Where's Michael?" Y/N looked at Bobby.

"Outside." Bobby glanced toward the door.

"Well, you're both supposed to walk me down the aisle, and Buck really needs to get back to Eddie." Y/N smiled at Bobby and he smiled back at her.

* On The Beach *

Everyone was seated as they watched May, Karen, Athena and Hen walked down the aisle one by one, with Nia and Christopher close behind.
Nia was throwing flower petals as Christopher carried the rings, smiling down the aisle at Eddie.

Everyone got to their feet as the band started playing Here Comes The Bride, and Y/N walked down the aisle with Bobby and Michael on each side of her.

"You may not be my daughter, Fi, but.." Michael glanced at Y/N.

"She is your daughter." Bobby glanced at Michael as they walked past some people.

"I can't believe we're walking you down the aisle and giving you away." Michael sniffled as Bobby tried not to cry.

"Don't cry or you'll make me cry. I don't want to cry infront of everyone." Y/N looked ahead at Eddie as she spoke quietly.

"Hey, Eddie, you're drooling." Buck smiled as he nudged Eddie.

"You better take care of my little sister, or I'll run you over with the ladder truck." Chimney glanced at Eddie through gritted teeth as he smiled watching Y/N.

"Please be seated. Friends, Family, we are here today to celebrate the marriage of Edmundo Diaz and Phoenix Nash. And I believe, Captain Bobby Nash is now going to read a passage from the bible." The officiate gave Bobby a nod.

"Corinthians 13:4-8: Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away." Bobby smiled at Eddie and Y/N as he read the passage but the two were just staring into each other's eyes.

"Thank you. Now, I believe you've both prepared your own vows." The officiate looked between the two as Bobby stood beside Michael.

"Yes. Fi, mi amor. God, I love you so much. I don't think anyone is surprised about how fast our relationship grew into something this amazing." Eddie smiled at her.

"And childish. Sorry." Buck looked at the two.

"It's okay, Buck. And, um, we've been through a lot together and with each other. We've almost lost each other, multiple times, and that only brought us closer together. There has been so many wonderful moments, that I'm glad I got to share with you, because there is nobody else I'd rather share those important moments with. You are the only person that always insists upon calling me Edmundo and I love it when you do. I'm constantly thinking that I can't love you anymore than I already do, but everyday my love for you keeps growing. And hey, Chris loves you, so there's a bonus. I love you so much and I am so glad I was granted the chance to meet you, because I have no idea where I'd be if it weren't for you. I love you." Eddie chuckled at Buck before going back to smiling at Y/N.

"Okay, Edmundo. That's going to be hard to beat, so thank you. When I first met you, I had no idea you'd end up being one of the most important people in my life, or that you'd be the reason Buck and I would become gold stars. But you have made my life so much greater, every single day since you joined the 118. We've been through a lot with each other and for each other. I can't imagine a life without you, you were my boyfriend, the father to my children, my fiance and soon you will be my husband, and I know our relationship is only going to get stronger. You said to me once, that the only time I'm allowed to fall is for you and that I'm prone to falling, and I said that's probably the reason I keep falling for you over and over again, every single day. It wasn't a lie, I keep falling for you every single time I see you. You are one of the best things to ever happen to me, and I look forward to spending every day with you for the rest of my life. Now, I'm not going to name, names, but I was told I need to tell Athena about the theft you committed." Y/N watched Eddie before glancing at Athena.

"What?" Eddie frowned at her confused as he glanced at Athena.

"Edmundo, you stole my heart and now, you can never give it back." Y/N chuckled at Eddie's reaction.

"Who told you to say that?" Buck chuckled looking at Y/N.

"I can't reveal my sources." Y/N smiled as she turned to look at Buck.

"Ring bearer. Please bring the rings." The Officiate smiled looking at Christopher.

"All right." Buck moved forward picking up Christopher who had the rings in his hands.

"Do you, Phoenix Nash, take Edmundo Diaz to be your husband?" The Officiate turned to Y/N as she smiled at Eddie.

"I do." Y/N gave a slight nod as Eddie slid the ring onto her finger.

"And do you, Edmundo Diaz, take Phoenix Nash, to be your wife?" The Officiate looked at Eddie.

"Yes. I do." Eddie smiled and Y/N put the ring on his finger.

"By the power vested in me by the State of Los Angeles, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The officiate gave Eddie a nod.

Eddie kissed Y/N as he pulled her close and everyone got to their feet to cheer and clap.

"Hey, wife." Eddie grinned down at Y/N.

"Hi, husband." Y/N chuckled at Eddie's foolish grin.

"Dad! Mum!" Christopher made his way over to hug the two.

"Congratulations!" Buck hugged the two excitedly.

"Just remember, if you hurt our daughter." Michael looked at Eddie as he hugged him.

"We own hammers and trucks." Bobby smiled at Eddie.

"You did great and you look amazing." May hugged Y/N as Harry ran over to hug her as well.

"Eddie." Ramon walked over hugging Eddie.

"Fi. Welcome to the family." Helena hugged Y/N with a smile.

"Thanks." Y/N smiled at his parents as she hugged Ramon.

"So, when's your last day?" Ramon smiled at Y/N.

"Papi, what are you talking about?" Eddie turned to Ramon with a weary frown as people glanced over.

"You have three kids to look after. I assumed Fi's going to be the one to stay home, while you work." Ramon shrugged at Eddie.

"We're both going to keep working. Getting married didn't change that." Eddie watched Ramon.

"You can't leave your children with complete strangers, especially not the twins, they're not even two years old yet." Ramon looked at Eddie.

"We're not leaving them with strangers. We're leaving them with family. Carla, Abuela and Pepa have all agreed to help take care of them." Eddie glanced at Y/N concerned.

"I just don't understand why you both need to work. Eddie, you've already lost one wife, do you really want to do that again?" Ramon looked at Y/N as Eddie clenched his jaw in anger.

"Ramon. Enough." Pepa looked over from where she was taking care of the twins with Abuela.

"I never should have invited you to the wedding." Eddie glared at Ramon.

"Oh, you want to talk about the wedding? You didn't ask your sister to be a bridesmaid, and you didn't ask us our opinion on anything. Not the cake, the venue, the decorations." Ramon was getting mad.

"It's our wedding! Not yours!" Eddie raised his voice.

"You started over, you are happy again. But if Fi dies too, you won't be able to make yourself a new life." Ramon turned back to Eddie.

"I want you to leave. I don't want you here anymore. It was a mistake inviting you in the first place." Eddie watched Ramon trying to contain his pain and anger.

"Eddie.." Helena looked at Eddie in protest.

"Let's go." Ramon glanced at Helena as he walked away from Eddie.

"Fi, I'm sorry. I should have known." Eddie turned to Y/N worried about her.

"Are you okay?" Y/N put her hand on his cheek with a frown.

"Uh, yeah, I will be." Eddie nodded wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

"Fi! You've gotten so big!" A woman smiled making her way over with a small group of people.

"Hi! I'm so glad you could make it. This is Edmundo, Buck and you remember my Dad, right?" Y/N looked at them with a smile.

"Yes, of course. How are you Bobby?" A man hugged Bobby.

"I'm good, Frank. How have you been doing?" Bobby smiled at him.

"Eh, you know. But hey, Fi's married. That must feel strange." Frank grinned at Bobby.

"Edmundo, Buck. This is Harper's parents, Jasmine and Frank. Jemma's parents, Holly and Phil. And Jays Dad, Eric." Y/N introduced them to each other.

"Hey, I've heard a lot about you." Buck gave them a nod.

"Likewise." Holly gave a smile.

"They would have loved this, Fi." Jemma smiled at Y/N sadly.

"Yeah." Y/N gave a forced smile.

"We'll let you talk to other people, we'll come back around." Phil gave both Y/N and Eddie a nod.

"You okay?" Eddie glanced at Y/N as they went to greet other people.

"Got to move forward, right?" Y/N gave him a smile.

"Hey, Fi." A familiar voice made the two look up.

"What are you doing here?" Y/N glared at him as a few people looked over.

"You have got to be kidding me." Athena watched him before making her way over.

"Haven't you heard of good behaviour letting you out early?" Jackson smiled at Y/N.

"Haven't you heard of a restraining order?" Eddie put his arm around Y/N protectively.

"There's no cops here, by time they get here if you decide to call them, I won't be here." Jackson shrugged at the two.

"You're wrong about that. Cause I'm right here. Now, get away from my daughter." Athena pulled her gun out.

"That's Christopher and the twins, over there? Huh?" Jackson looked between them as he raised his hands in surrender and Athena cuffed him.

Eddie punched Jackson as Buck and Bobby made their way over.

"Nice punch. You're under arrest for violating a restraining order." Athena gave Eddie a slight smile.

"I really hate that guy." Buck watched as Athena took him to her car.

"Me too." Eddie glared after him Bobby gave Y/N a reassuring smile.

The Cake (Obviously if you wanted different dress, flowers or cake you can pretend they're different, however there might be reference to the rings in future, but I'm not sure).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 2.8K 14
"NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN HER, AND NOT EVERYONE SUPPORTS HER, BUT HER GOD GOES WITH HER AND THATS WHAT SUSTAINS HER." 9-1-1 season 1 OC x Evan 'Buck'...
8.9K 162 20
Evan Buckley moves to LA and becomes a firefighter for LAFD, station 118. While at work, he meets new coworker Eddie Diaz and is immediately attracte...
5.5K 246 11
A former hotshot firefighter from Houston, Texas relocates to LA. Finding a new Station with the 118. She makes some of the closest friends she'll ev...
11.3K 289 18
After being given a second chance at life, Marina Cruz decides it is time for a new change. With the help of her cousin, she drops out of college, mo...