RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 24

227 13 0
By ZANE_555

(Amity Colosseum)

Civilians and students alike continue to run and flee in panic as they reach the docking bays of the colosseum. As they evacuate, a handful of huntsmen and armed students, who are watching the doors and standing at the ready to protect the fleeting masses. 

Random Huntsman: "Keep moving!"

Random Armed Student: "Don't stop for anything!"

Hell, the armed students carry random items such as broomsticks, iron pipe, or anything that they can use as a weapon. In the meantime, Atlesian soldiers are seen directing civilians to calmly step into the Air Buses. Suddenly, White Fang bullheads are seen dropping off more Grimm at the docking bay. Two Atlesian Knights escorting General Ironwood as they effortlessly gun down an Ursa. As they proceed forward, the two Knights are suddenly brutally ripped apart by an Alpha Beowolf. 

The Beowolf then notices Ironwood as the general starts to run towards it, gradually picking up speed as he nears the charging Beowolf. He screams a loud battle cry as he pulls out a pistol, Due Process from his coat. Ironwood ducks and slides under the Beowolf's swipe and shoots at it twice. Pivoting as he skids across the floor and using his free hand as a break. The Alpha Beowolf lands and shakes its head then charges at Ironwood again, who fires his revolver three more times before having to duck under another swipe. The old Grimm attempts to swipe at him again with its left claw, but Ironwood effortlessly stops it with his own right hand. The general then fires at the Beowolf's feet, the explosion causing it to get airborne, and still gripping its claw, Ironwood proceeds to swing it back down to the ground with his own brute strength. Ironwood then picks up the Alpha Beowolf, aims the revolver at its skull, and shoots it, causing black blood to splatter from it. Ironwood then watches the body of the Alpha Grimm dissipate into a tar-like skeleton. Y/N and the other students are then shown exiting the arena entrance and gather together in front of Ironwood.

Y/N: "General! What's the situation right now?"

The general turn around at the faces of the eager students before answering.

Ironwood: "Grimm are crawling over the city. The White Fang has invaded Beacon. And worse, some... vagabond has seized one of my ships."

Y/N's eyes widened before asking.

Y/N: "By any chance, it wouldn't be... the ship holding Torchwick would it?"

The general nod firmly. 

Ironwood: "Unfortunately yes."

Anxiety and uneasiness begin to swell up inside Y/N as he ponders over how bad the situation has gotten. 

Ironwood: "Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So, I'm going to take it back."

He then walks towards his airship with determined strides before Ruby call out to him.

Ruby: "Wait, so what do we do?"

Ironwood turn to face the students once more.

Ironwood: "You students have two options. You can either stay and defend your kingdom and school... or save yourselves."

His remark makes the students exchange some looks with one another as Ironwood resumes speaking.

Ironwood: "No one will fault you if you leave."

He then proceeds to climb up on the airship in front of him as he addresses the crowd. 

Ironwood: "Let's move out!"

Soon enough, the airship Ironwood was in fly out of sight within a few seconds as the students look at each other. Y/N then turn around to face his comrades.

Y/N: "Alright then. First things first, we're taking an airship down to Beacon. From then on... well, no one well blame you for whatever choice you make."

Sun: "Are you kidding? Of course, we're not going to leave."

Arslan: "We've all worked really hard to get here. And now, we'll use those skills to do what we came here to do."

Neon: "It's what we enrolled for, duh!"

Nora: "Let's do this!"

A smile form on Y/N's face as he nods at everyone's resolute expressions. They made their way to the nearest airship to head down to Beacon.

(Ironwood's Flagship)

Roman is seen giddily fidgeting around with the controls of the Atlesian airship, callsign as "Blue-2", like a child in a candy store.

Roman: "Hmm... let's see, what does... this button do?"

Once he presses the button, a noise can be heard.

Roman: "Oh, fun! How about ... this one?"

He then presses another button, which cause the airship to suddenly empty its cargo of Atlesian Knights, all on standby, as the robots fall to the ground with a massive thud. 

Roman: "Hm. Alright, nothing."

Neo, still wearing her Atlesian military disguise, hands Roman a scroll with the Blake Queen virus, as he inserts it in the console.

Roman: "Let me guess... Cinder's orders."

Neo nod to him as Roman look the virus infecting the console and the rest of the Atlesian Knights that had been deployed. 

(Beacon's Courtyard)

Qrow and Glynda are escorting Ozpin to the docks with the goal of traveling up to the Amity arena to fetch Pyrrha. As they rush out of campus, a bunch of Atlesian Knights are at the docks, taking down some nearby Grimm. Once they reach the cliffs, overlooking Vale where Glynda's scroll begins to ring. The blonde woman takes out her scroll to see that it's Port.

Glynda: "What is it, Port?"

Port: "I'm here to inform that Pyrrha Nikos, Y/N L/N, and the rest of the students have been instructed to evacuate and I believe they have already left the Colosseum."

This makes Qrow groan about having wasted time.

Qrow: "I could've just flown up there myself to find her."

The moment he said this, the LED on the nearby Atlesian Knights turn red, they quickly turn their weapons on them. They catch the three adults off guard and shoot Glynda off the cliff. Qrow immediately take down the robots as Ozpin tells him.

Ozpin: "Follow after Glynda. I'll find Miss Nikos myself."

After killing a few robots, Qrow nod to the headmaster before jumping off the cliff after Glynda.

__________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, the oblivious general Ironwood, still on route to the airship, gets a nasty surprise when the Atlesian Knights on his airship suddenly activate, with red LED, and turn on him as he spots them. 

Ironwood: "No!"

As Ironwood reaches out, the dropship suddenly loses altitude, plummeting from the ground as two flashes can be seen from the cockpit. 

As Y/N and the other students make their way to Beacon, they watch in horror as they see airship Ironwood was in, fall from the sky while on fire. 

Y/N: "No... No!"

Next to him is Ruby, who decides to run to the back of the airship they're in. And before anyone could stop her, she jumped off the airship.

Y/N: "Ruby!"

He moved to go after her, but Sun and Jaune hold him back.

Sun: "Y/N, she'll be fine."

Y/N turns to glare at them.

Y/N: "You don't know that!"

He keeps trying to break free from their hold before Jaune adds on.

Jaune: "Come on man. You know as much as I do that Ruby can take care of herself. Just trust her on this."

After a couple of moments of silence, Y/N sigh, relaxing his muscles as Jaune and Sun slowly let go of him.

Y/N: "Fine..."

Y/N could only do is stare after the spot Ruby jumped off from before he walk back to his seat.

Y/N: ("Ruby... please be safe...")

Back with Ruby, she uses her speed semblance to safely land on the runway after freefalling in the sky. As she runs to the center of the arena, she finds it nearly empty and full of dirt, where she sees a locker. She punches in the code, latches on with Crescent Rose, and immediately takes to the skies. After a few moments later, both Ruby and the locker land on top of Roman's stolen airship with a thud as the locker cause substantial amounts of damage to the ship's hall with its impact. 

Flagship Announcer: "Warning! Notable damage to vital systems."

Red lights begin to turn on and off repeatedly as Roman exhales at this before gesturing to Neo.

Roman: "Ugh... go see what that is."

Neo simply nods at Roman's command and leaves the control room as the crime boss ponder to himself.

Roman: ("Hope that's the last order she give us...")

(Outside of Beacon)

Weiss is still chasing after Blake. Blake, meanwhile, has made it even farther ahead and dives into a whole squad of White Fang. She fights them off before using her Shadow Clone semblance to dodge a dual sword-wielding soldier and more White Fang members charge at her but, Blake manages to cleave her way through them. Weiss tries to catch her breath, still staring after Blake.

Weiss: "Blake... wait..."

While the heiress is near a group of Atlesian robots that are fighting the same White Fang that Blake is only for the robots' LED turn red and quickly turn their weapons to the nearby Weiss, which she notices this. The hacked Knights fire until they are cut up by a flurry of slashes. Weiss is seen taking down a sizeable group of the Knights using a combination of strikes as well as her using her Glyphs. 

Weiss: "Blake, wait!"

She finds herself on the disadvantage, unable to follow after the running Blake and force to fight off the hacked robots.

Weiss: "Oh, come on!"

Back with Blake, she's running just outside the school's dining hall, very adamant to confront Adam. Her attention is then drawn to the sound of a wounded scream inside the burning interior of the dining hall. Blake gives a look of horror, her composure beginning to crash when she sees a familiar figure throwing an injured Atlesian soldier.

Blake: "No..."

Adam slowly turns his attention to Blake in front of him, giving a deadpan expression. 

Adam: "It's good to see you again, traitor."

__________________________________________________________________

All across Beacon Academy, various students battle the many Creatures of Grimm: Jaune is seen charging at an Ursa then delivers a slash that knocks it back, while Neon rollerblades away from a Boarbatusk. Coco opens fire on a Griffon as it lands, while Arslan is seen fighting an Ursa Major before it runs off to attack Nora, who fires at it with her grenade launcher. Ren is seen firing his guns at a retreating Beowolf before it drops dead. Y/N, meanwhile, is pushing back the incoming Grimm, slashing and dashing before head back to Jaune and the others to assist in their fight. 

On the top of a nearby building, away from everyone's sight, Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury standing on the rooftop, with Mercury filming the entire chaos before them with his scroll. Cinder can't help but smile upon all of this. 

Cinder: "Beautiful."

Emerald gives a sorrowful look on her face upon witnessing the battle.

Emerald: "It's almost... sad."

Cinder pretends to look upset as well.

Cinder: "I know, it's so horrendous."

Immediately, Cinder turns to Mercury.

Cinder: "Focus on the Atlesian Knights."

The smirking Mercury continues recording as he replies back.

Mercury: "Oh, I'm getting all of it."

Cinder: "Good. Continue the broadcast until the end."

Suddenly, a tremor rocks the three of them before Cinder resumes.

Cinder: "And do not miss what happens next."

Cinder walks off as Mercury continues filming with a grin on his face, while Emerald's expression only grows more worrisome.

Mercury: "Will do..."

Back in the city, Glynda and Qrow continue fighting off the Grimm and hacked Atlesian Knights, before they too are shaken by another tremor. Qrow stabs his sword into the ground to keep himself standing.

Glynda: "No..."

Qrow: "That's not good."

Another tremor shakes as Jaune and Y/N battles an Ursa Major, with Sage and Scarlet with worried expressions on their faces.

Y/N: "What the hell...?"

Elsewhere, a mountain starts to violently shake and crumble, as various body parts of a monstrous-looking Grimm are revealed, before the mountain completely breaks apart, releasing a titanic Wyvern. 

The Wyvern roars and flies over the abandoned Mountain Glenn, heading towards Beacon. As it flies, it exudes a black, tar-like substance which drops to the ground in the city of Vale and spawns various Grimm fledglings. The students watch this unfold while the massive Grimm fly past.

Nora: "What... is that?"

Eyes widen, Y/N is left utterly stunned at the sight of the large flying Grimm as he goes to slowly answer the question.

Y/N: "A Wyvern..."

The massive, winged Grimm excretes more of the black substance, which drops to the ground and spawns more Grimm fledglings near the base of the CCT before ramming itself into the CCT, destroying it and causing catastrophic levels of damage to the surrounding city.

Meanwhile, Mercury is still streaming the chaos and unrest with Emerald beside. He then gives a confused look as the stream becomes local only.

Mercury: "What the hell? Why did-"

Only for him and Emerald turn their attention to the still collapsing CCT as it crashes down to the ground.

Mercury: "Well, that's a bummer."

And with that, Mercury decides to end the stream, much to his disappointment.

Mercury: "Oh well, we got enough footage."

As the giant Grimm charge forward to the school, it drops more of the black substance from its body, hitting the pavement. Once these drops land, Grimm fledglings of various types start coming out, roaring and screeching. Before long fledglings of Beowolves, Creeps, Ursas, and Boarbatusks filled the campus ground with the remaining Grimm.

Sage: "There's more of them now."

Scarlet: "Doesn't matter, we keep going either way."

Members of Team SSSN and Team JNPR and the other teams lineup as they prepare to battle the incoming Grimm, with Jaune and Pyrrha exchanging a smile with each other as she adopts a pose similar to his. Pyrrha pause as she caught sight of Ozpin, standing by the entrance of Beacon tower, gesturing her and Y/N to come over. Pyrrha then turn to her teammates.

Pyrrha: "You guys keep fighting, Y/N, come with me."

The moment Pyrrha grab the still-stunned Y/N by the hand, he quietly snaps back to awareness as he turns to see Pyrrha gesturing to Ozpin, not too far away from them. Realizing this, he nods and ran off with Pyrrha to meet with him. While Team SSSN and the other teams runs off to continue fighting the spawned Grimm fledglings, Jaune and the rest of JNPR are confused as to what Pyrrha and Y/N running off to the headmaster. 

Nora: "Where are they going?"

Jaune: "I'll go find out. You two go join the others."

Ren and Nora nod to him as Jaune left to meet with Pyrrha and Y/N, who are now talking to Ozpin.

Ozpin: "The time is now or never, Miss Nikos. What is your decision?"

Jaune: "Huh? What decision?"

Ignoring his question, Pyrrha quickly replies back.

Pyrrha: "I'll do it."

Y/N: "A-Are you sure, Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha: "Look around us. The time for indecisiveness is gone. Like Ozpin said, it's now or never."

Y/N sigh to this before nodding to her.

Y/N: "As long as you're okay with it."

Jaune finally manage to cut in.

Jaune: "Okay, is anyone going to tell me what's going on here?"

Ozpin then addresses to Jaune.

Ozpin: "There's no time to explain, Mr. Arc. We need to get to the vault."

Jaune: "What vault?"

Y/N: "Just go with them, Jaune."

Pyrrha: "Wait, what about you?"

Y/N glances over Grimm Slayer, still sheathed behind him, then at the Wyvern, still spawning numerous Grimm fledglings. 

Y/N: "I'm going to do what I can."

Ozpin: "That may very well be a foolish endeavor... but I wish you luck."

Y/N nod to the headmaster.

Y/N: "Thanks, I will."

Y/N then turns to Jaune, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Y/N: "I know you may not understand what's happening right now. But you're brave, more than you know. Do me a favor and look after Pyrrha. Can you do that, buddy?"

Firmly nodding to him, Jaune responds.

Jaune: "Of course."

With a two-finger salute, Y/N head back into the battlefield before them, while Ozpin lead both Pyrrha and Jaune into Beacon tower, heading to the Vault. Y/N marches forward with Grimm Slayer in hand, examining and glaring at the flying Wyvern as it continues to produce more black substance on the ground which spawn more Grimm fledglings. He couldn't help but ponder over all the chaos he has witness and that has been happening so far, overlapping it with what happened to his hometown.

Y/N: ("This can't be happening... not again... not again...")

With a single blink, his normal eye color turn into crimson red as gives a disgusted look on the mere sight of the roaming and attacking Grimm, gripping Grimm Slayer.

Y/N: ("How many more of you disgusting parasites do I have to keep finding and killing? All you do is take and take and expect people to roll over and be killed... because you earn the right to. Just because you're smart... powerful. And that makes you entitled to do whatever you want?")

His large sword begins to glow bright red a bit around it.

Y/N: ("Everyone has something of value to offer, not just Huntsmen. You disgusting pests don't deserve anything except a slow and painful death!!!")

With a loud battle cry, the red-eyed Y/N swiftly stab the slightly glowing Grimm Slayer into the ground. Upon impact, a large red and black substance begin spreading out from Grimm Slayer. A couple moments later, numerous amounts of similar-looking, medium-sized creatures begin rising and walking out of it on all four. Before long, the red-eyed Y/N is now standing and completely surrounded by a small army of shadow-like wolves, all looking at the horde of Grimm before them with none of students seeing this.

The moment Y/N lift Grimm Slayer up, the large red and black puddle underneath him quickly fade back into the sword as the red glow around the sword begin to fade. He then points his sword at the horde of Grimm and Wyvern, which his small army begins to loudly growl.

Y/N: ("The only good Grimm is a dead Grimm.") "Charge!!!"

In sync, the shadow-like wolves begin to thunderously roar before dashing towards the horde of Grimm with Y/N following behind with Grimm Slayer in hand. Before any of the other students could react, Y/N's small army begin dashing past them and towards the Grimm. Some lunging towards their throats, slashing at their chests, and some even pin the Grimm down just to bite and rip them into pieces, leaving them as skeletal remains. 

Y/N, meanwhile, is slashing and dashing his way through the horde to help his comrades. Soon enough, Ren, Nora, and the other students were quite stunned at the presence of these shadow-like wolves attacking killing the Grimm in front of him. 

Nora: "What the...?"

Ren: "What are-?"

Y/N jump backward in front of the two, turning his head to them and the others.

Y/N: "I made them! Don't worry! Focus on killing the Grimm!"

Upon saying this, he dashes forward to stab a charging Ursa in the chest, making it fall on its back, lifeless. Ren and Nora share a quick look before nodding to him as well as the nearby students. The battle continues on as Y/N ponder over his team.

Y/N: ("I hope they're okay...")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

240K 4.8K 91
It's Ruby Rose's birthday, so a strange, powerful fan of the girls decided to give Ruby a gift in the form of allowing Ruby herself, her team, her un...
35.5K 850 34
It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he heard that an old associate of his, Adam...
2.1K 12 5
This is my first story. I hope you enjoy it.
209K 3.4K 62
This story is discontinued ( I don't own rwby or any picture in this fanfiction)