The Italian Devil

By F-CKSH-T

BOOK ONE OF THE DONATI SERIES 12/07/18: #1 in Romance He is a verified playboy with a smirk that makes the la... More

important note from me
zero: foreword
one: welcome home
two: engaged
three: a promise
four: younger donati
five: the future husband
six: future father-in-law
seven: mistaken confession
eight: disbelief
nine: drop out
ten: ex-lover
eleven: mother
twelve: argument
thirteen: older sister
fourteen: sibling arguments
fifteen: gifts
sixteen: email
seventeen: hot
eighteen: care
nineteen: finn
twenty-one: dance
twenty-two: drunken confessions
twenty-three: hangover
twenty-four: camilla
twenty-five: his past
twenty-six: baking
twenty-seven: betrayal
twenty-eight: romeo
twenty-nine: date
thirty: need
thirty-one: dante
thirty-two: photos
thirty-three: returned
thirty-four: harsh words
thirty-five: realisation
thirty-six: found
thirty-seven: trapped
thirty-eight: beautiful
thirty-nine: tease
forty: secret
forty-one: yes
forty-two: bliss
forty-three: greece
forty-four: kokinos family
forty-five: intimate
forty-six: closure
forty-seven: goodbye
forty-eight: wise
forty-nine: nightmares
fifty: hospital
fifty-one: italian devil
Thank you + What's next?

twenty: party

375K 12.3K 933
By F-CKSH-T

nineteen: party

gif of ophelia

not proof-read

"You're right. Italy does have the best ice cream in the world." Finn grins happily as he takes another spoonful of ice cream.

I laugh. "I told you."

Finn rolls his eyes. "Of course, Ophelia Kokinos is always right."

After convincing Marco on the phone for a few minutes, I managed to take out Finn to show him around Italy. But obviously I couldn't actually show him around due to the fact that I still do not know my way around Italy. There are time that I am a little thankful to Marco because he told his driver to take us around.

"Italy is such a great. You should be lucky that you are living here." Finn says to me.

"But the only place you have so far is this ice cream cafe." I told him, narrowing my eyebrows.

"Exactly." He winks,

It's great to have Finn stay here for a couple of weeks. Despite how nice Dante is, I just need to talk to someone close to home. 

"Everyone misses you back home, my sister particularly misses your presence around. She is still moody that you had to leave Greece so quickly." Finn states, taking another scoop of his ice cream. 

I feel a small smile appear on my lips as Finn mentions his younger sister, Aileen. She is 21-years old and currently working as an actress, she is a dear friend of mine and she is almost like a younger sister that I never had. "Well, you can tell Aileen that I miss her too. Is she still working on TV show or has she finally moved?" 

I distinctively remember that Aileen was on some high-school drama TV show, the show was a huge success, which she had been acting in since she was about 16, however as the years grow I realised that Aileen was wasting her talents on that TV show I felt like she could have been on much more bigger film roles with A-list actors! I had offered her an audition to be on a couple film roles, but she has always denied the offer. 

"Well, I think Aileen took your advice and she had left the show a couple months ago. She is new working towards her new role on some historical film." Finn responds. 

I smile at the fact that Aileen is now taking much bigger roles. "I'm happy for her, I'm glad her career is finally start to take off." 

As we carried chatting for a while, the driver walks to the table. "Miss Kokinos, Mr. Donati has requested you and your friend to come back home."

I narrow my eyes at him sceptically. "Really? Why? We haven't even started to explore yet."

"Mr. Donati cousin's party is starting in seven hours and needs you to get ready." He answers. "And he wants Mr. Georgiou to attend is well."

"Me?" Finn pointed to himself with a unsure look on his face. "But I barely know Mr. Donati or his cousin."

"You know Miss Kokinos, correct? So that's fine enough for him." The driver says to Finn.

I sigh. I wasn't in the mood to attend a party for someone I don't know. "See, I would attend but I haven't got a dress for this party."

"Well, now that you mention it, your mother asked me to bring some clothes for you. One is a dress that one of her fashion designer friend's made." Finn tells me.

Just great. What perfect timing. Thanks mother.

"Okay, I got a dress. But I don't even know this cousin. Wouldn't it be...well awkward?" I point out with a smug look on my face.

"You are going to be married to Mr. Donati. His family is now your family."

Great, now I have no choice but to go to this silly party.

What I just needed...

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

"I knew the dress would look beautiful on you." Finn smiles at me as his eyes trails at my appearance.

The dress is gorgeous. Praises to my mother's friend. It is a grey sequence dress with lace at the arms and at the skirt of it with a grey fabric wrapped at the abdomen, which trails to the ground. I pair the dress with grey heels and gold earrings. 

And as for Finn...He looks ridiculously handsome in his grey suit. 

The driver takes us to the hotel that Marco's cousin rented for the whole evening for his birthday. Finn opens the car door for me and offers his arm, which I accept. We walk arm-in-arm to the ballroom, which workers of the hotel shows us to.

The crystal chandlers is the first I notice as soon as I step into the ballroom. Bigger crystals along with smaller crystals drape the chandlers along with bright bulbs. Tables are decked out in the ballroom already with plates and wine glasses.

The room itself is already filled with actors, actresses, politicians and business owners.

"Wow, he rented this space for the whole evening? This is amazing, I have heard that this hotel is very difficult to rent out for two hours yet alone a whole evening."

I shrug, never taking my eyes off the ballroom. "That's the Donati's for you, they are practically the rulers of Italy."

"Ophelia! Is that you? You look gorgeous!" I hear Rita's perky voice. 

Rita walks towards us with a grin on her red lips. She looks stunning in her simple black gown, which the end trails after her; a sheer lace fabric sneaks a peek at her cleavage.

"I am going to leave you two." Finn whispers. "I can see a friend of mine here, I'll go say hello." 

I frown, but nod none the less. Finn has a...habit of getting lose. It doesn't how big or small the area is, you can always count on him to get lost. He once got lost in a small café when he was finding a way to exit out of the bathrooms. Who does that?

"I didn't know you will be here." I say. Does this woman know all the Donati's? She seems to know everyone.

"I used to see the birthday boy a lot when I was around Marco. Also we hooked up once when we were drunk. I haven't seen him since." Rita comments.

I laugh at her bluntness. "Well, he appears nice."

"Speaking of men, who was that with you?" Rita asks mischievously. "A lover of yours?"

My eyes widen at her question. "No!" I shout frantically.

Rita chuckles at my reaction. "Look, honey. I know you're engaged to Marco. But it's fine if you want to hop around, I understand. There are a lot of sexy men and sometimes you can't stick with one." 

"It's nothing like that!" I cry. I could feel myself blushing. "He's a childhood friend of mine. He is like my brother."

"Oh, well then you must quite dirty if he is like a brother to you." She winks. "I get it. That boy is fine!" 

I sigh. "Okay, I am going to walk away and pretend that this conversation never happened." 

I walk away from Rita who is laughing hardly at me. This girl just lovea to tease, didn't she? I was deep in my thoughts that I didn't know that I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaim

The man laughed. "It's fine, no harm done."

I laugh nervously. Tonight really wasn't my lucky day. Bumping into people and acting flustered. What is wrong with me? Ophelia Kokinos is never like this. 

"I'm sorry." I repeat again, feeling embarrassed.

"It's fine, my dear. But how about you make it up to me."

I narrow my eyes at the man questioningly. Make it up to him? My dirty thoughts started to take place.

"Dance with me?" He held a hand towards me.

Oh, so that's what he meant.

"Of course." I accept his hand with a shy smile.

We barely make it two steps because a certain Italian stopped us.

"I think my fiancée would like to dance with me instead."

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

SHIMMIE SHIMMIE KO KO BOP I THINK I LIKE IT

okaaaay so it's been maybe a couple of weeks since i last updated BUT I HAVE A SORT OF LEGITIMATE REASON! 

so every time i go out i just feel so tired and lazy to do anything, so when i'm suppose to update i just don't because i'm tooo tired. i originally planned to update like 3 weeks ago? but the night before i got a bit...well drunk? and i just cba to do anything the day after and that laziness just started from there. 

i tried at the beginning but my brain was like "NAAAAAH" soooo i just didn't update? i can't promise it won't happen again cause u never know it might but i'll try to kick back from this habit of mine. 

anywhooooo...a certain italian? i think we both know who it is.

DANTE U SLY DOG HOW DARE U?

jk jk jk...

see you in the next chapter!

have a lovely day or night!

nat xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 44.9K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
240K 6.6K 104
MASSIMO ALEJANDRO ROMANO, a well-known name in the mafia world. He is an Italian mafiosa capo (mafia boss) and is the most strongest, powerful and th...
1.1M 39.2K 45
Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both our lives. My decision might make OR ruin...
4.7M 123K 59
(Completed) Carrying the bag pack, I run. I run from the man I love. The man who is the father of my unborn children. I brush past the security check...