A COURT OF SHIFTERS AND SECRE...

By Mk1120

Finding out that your parents, the people that raised you your whole life, weren't your actual parents was ha... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O U R T Y
F O U R T Y - O N E
F O U R T Y - T W O
F O U R T Y - T H R E E
F O U R T Y - F O U R
F O U R T Y - F I V E
F O U R T Y - S I X
F O U R T Y - S E V E N

S I X

1.5K 114 11
By Mk1120

Nova Nyx 🌙

As soon as the smug bastard walked into the tiny room I was held captive in and took a seat across from me, I snarled in outrage as I struggled in my restraints.

"Calm down pawdï" (Little Wolf) "I mean you no harm."

"Bullshit" I growled at him "Where are my brothers?"

"Safe."

"The same way I'm safe?" I motioned to my bound body with my head "Are they locked in the supply closet next door?"

His lips twitched "They've received adequate accommodations."

"They're alone?"

"They're being well taken care of by some of the best nannies in town."

"I don't care if they're being taken care of by Nanny McPhee or Mary Poppins" I growled at him "I need to be with them."

He leaned back in his chair, looking nonchalant "Unfortunately, you are not allowed to leave at the moment."

"Why the Hell not?!"

"Because we have some things to discuss" he leans across the small table and places the same manilla folder I'd seen in the interrogation of my Mom in front of me "I thought you might like to see this."

He flipped the first page open, and like a smack in the face, the DNA results were right there.

The big ass Heading glaring back at me.

I swallowed the thick lump in my throat when my eyes scanned over the Bolded words

No Match Found.

So it was true...Mandy and Matthew St.James weren't my biological parents.

I glanced up to find him solemnly watching me.

"We can run it again, in front of you, if you'd like" he spoke before I said anything "But just so you know, we've ran it six times already and the same result came back every time."

"That doesn't change anything for me" I said, shaking my head "They're still my family. She's still my Mom."

Instead of answering me, he flipped open the next page.

I flinched back when I saw the pictures of an infant version of me, hooked up to oxygen machines and little tiny tubes coming out of my mouth and nose.

"I knew I was born early, but I didn't realize just how early." I whispered mainly to myself but of course Phoenix heard me.

"Human infants don't survive being born that early" he hummed.

My head snapped up from the pictures "What do you mean 'Human?"

His fingers drummed on the tabletop.

"Did you ever wonder why you survived at such a young age?"

"I didn't before" I growled "I didn't even know how bad I actually was."

"Your mother never told you?" he emphasized the word Mother like it left a bad taste on his mouth.

"Mom told me I was in the NICU for a couple of days" I said, shaking my head "But she never got into too many details. It always made her cry to remember my time spent in there."

He snorted at my words.

"Care to enlighten me then?" I snarled at him "Since you're apparently all knowing?"

"It's simple really" he shrugged "You survived because you're not human."

I blinked slowly at his words "What?"

"How else would you survive being born at twenty-one weeks with little to no cognitive or health deficits?"

"Let's say that I believe you" I said slowly "If I'm not human, then whatever the hell am I?"

"You Pawdï, are a Wolf Shifter."

"A what?"

"A Wolf Shifter" he repeated slowly, like I was some kind of idiot "You have the ability to transform into a Wolf at will."

A brief moment of silence.

"You're fucking nuts" I gaped at him "Oh my god, I've been kidnapped by a delusional asshole."

"An asshole, yes" A second voice piped from the rooms door "But delusional he is not."

I recognized that voice...

I swung my gaze to the right and my blue eyes locked with vivid green ones.

"It's you" I narrowed my eyes "Of course you're in on it. Your over interest in me was too suspicious to be true."

He strode into the room, making such an already small space feel even smaller.

"The council's ready for her now" Kassian the deceiver announced as he leaned against the wall, his eyes never straying from me for too long.

The asshole sitting in front of me frowned "I haven't finished debriefing her yet."

"They decided that they're going to do it instead" Kassian said "We're to prepare her for the Academy after they're done."

"Excuse Me" I growled at both of them, making them snap their eyes towards me "You can't just drop the fucking non-human bomb and then have a normal conversation around me like nothing ever happened."

Kassian glanced at his friend in surprise "You told her already?"

Phoenix shrugged his shoulders, standing up in his chair and striding towards the door, never once looking back at me.

Kassian sighed, peeling his body off the wall and pulling something from his back pocket.

My eyes fastened on the weird looking knife in his hand as he made an impressive show of flicking it open in a way that made me think this wasn't his first time handling a blade.

I kept my eyes locked with his as he took a brief step towards me and then paused when the tips of his expensive shoes touched my slippers.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he said softly "I'm just going to untie you."

"With a giant ass knife?" I snarked "How do I know you know how to safely handle that thing?"

"Princess, I've been playing with knives since I was six years old" He grinned down at me "I think I know a thing or two about safe handling."

He squatted down on his haunches and quickly slid the blade against the rope, cutting the thick material clean from my restrained limbs.

I rubbed at the red marks left behind.

"Seems pretty irresponsible of your parents to be letting their school age kid handle a knife" I murmured.

He laughed, his eyes twinkling with mirth, as he stood and held out a hand to me.

I ignored the hand, jumping out of my seat quickly before walking out of the door in front of him.

Before I could make it far, his large hand snaked around my thin wrist, pulling me back against his muscular body.

"If you run, I'll have no choice but to restrain you" he murmured close to my ear "I've been given orders to make sure you're compliant."

"Fuck your orders" I snarled, tugging my wrist out of his hand "You don't own me. Neither does any other motherfucker in this building, including that prick you call a friend."

Instead of letting of, his grip tightened fractionally.

"Word of the wise Princess" he nose skimmed my cheek "I might like the way that smart mouth of yours utters those filthy words, but I can guarantee that the council won't. We Heirs have a certain...standard to uphold."

I shivered at his words, cursing my body's response to his husky tone.

"What the Hell is an Heir?" I shot him a glare.

"Why...we are silly" he said, letting me go as he strode past me "You and me. Not to mention Phoenix and Atlas."

"Atlas?"

"The big guy that was with me the night we met" he glanced at me as I caught up to his long strides "The Buzzkill that dragged me away from you right when I was starting to have some fun."

I ignored his words, choosing to focus on what was important.

"I'm guessing that you're a werewolf too" I stated simply "And so is the rest of your little bandwagon of Merry Men?"

"Shifter" he corrected on a laugh "We're Shifters not werewolves."

"What's the difference?"

"The difference is that Werewolves can only transform when the moon is at it's highest peak in the night sky" He explained "They can only transform a few times a month and even then, its only for a couple of hours at most. They also tend to look like those stereotypical horror movie creatures"

"Shifters, on the other hand, can shift at will whenever they please" he said "We don't need the moon to transform and when we do transform, we take the shape of our Wolves.

"Wolves like real wolves?" I paused, thinking back to the big ass wolf in my house before I was kidnapped "Wait...was that wolf in my house one of you guys?"

He inclined his head "That was Atlas."

"He growled at me" I exclaimed.

"No, he was warning you to stay put" Kassian clarified "Because if you ran and Nix got a hold of you, it would have been a lot worse."

We turned right in the large expansive hallway and were soon met with a wide set of double wooden doors.

I gaped at the artistry put into those doors, four different sets of wolves and their stories depicted in equal square corners of the doors panels.

"The Four of the Five Main Packs origin stories" Kassian murmured to me, tapping at one pack in particular "This is my Pack."

I read the small Pack inscription underneath the his panel "The Lykos Pack."

"And the fifth Pack?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 17.9K 6
"What is your name?" He asked. "Nyx." "Nyx what?" "Nyx Evander." "Good." He hummed, "I am going to reject you." He said and I felt a stabbing pa...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
3K 124 36
Michelle's life was almost perfect. Loving family, great college, perfect grades, good friends, and a crush on one of the sweetest guys she's met. Th...
71.6K 3.1K 102
*NOTE: This Story is Complete! When the most powerful Alpha buys me at an underground auction, I never dreamed he would claim me as his Mate. Brenn...