ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš¢šš˜ššžšš—ššššŽššœšš š™æšš˜ļæ½...

By Beaniestorys

š™»šš˜ššŸššŽšš›ššœ ššŠšš šš˜ššššššœ šš šš‘šš˜ šššš˜ššžšš—šš ššŽššŠššŒšš‘ šš˜šššš‘ššŽšš›. š™·ššŠšš›šš›šš¢ šš™šš˜ššššššŽšš›ššœ šš¢šš˜ššžšš—ššššŽšš› ļæ½... More

! introduction !
|songs that remind me of each character|
1. š»š‘Žš‘Ÿš‘Ÿš‘¦š‘  ā„Žš‘œš‘šš‘’
2. š‘‡ā„Žš‘’ š‘Šš‘’š‘Žš‘ š‘™š‘’š‘¦š‘ 
3. š·š‘–š‘Žš‘”š‘œš‘›š‘Žš‘™š‘™š‘’š‘¦
4. š»š‘œš‘”š‘¤š‘Žš‘Ÿš‘”š‘ 
5. š¶š‘™š‘Žš‘ š‘ š‘’š‘ 
6. šŗā„Žš‘œš‘ š‘” š‘š‘œš‘¦
7. š‘š‘œš‘” š‘Ž š‘“š‘Ÿš‘–š‘’š‘›š‘‘
8. ššˆššŽššŠšš›ššœ šššš’šš›ššœšš ššœšš—šš˜šš ššššŠšš•šš•
šŸæ. ššƒšš šš˜ šš ššŽššŽšš”ššœ šš‹šš›ššŽššŠšš”
šŸ·šŸ¶. ššƒšš‘ššŽ šš™ššŽšš—
šŸ·šŸ·. šš†šš‘šš˜ šš’ššœ ššƒšš˜šš– šššš’šššššš•ššŽ
šŸ·šŸø. š™°šš›ššŠššŒšš‘šš—šš˜šš™šš‘šš˜šš‹šš’ššŠ
|songs that remind me of each character|
šŸ·šŸŗ. š™ŗšš—šš’šššš‘šš šš‹ššžššœ
šŸ·šŸ». š™³ššŽšš–ššŽšš—šššš˜šš› š™³ššŽšš–ššŽšš—šššš˜šš›

šŸ·šŸ¹. š™²šš‘ššŠšš–šš‹ššŽšš› šš˜šš ššœššŽššŒšš›ššŽššššœ

110 4 7
By Beaniestorys

"Listen well, learn something from your sister here Harry," He began, "Voldemort is my past, present, and future."~

It had been a little over a week since the whole 'spider incident', and ever since then things have gone quiet. Nothing new had been figured out, nothing bad had been happening, but nothing good had been happening either, just complete and utter normalcy.

For the most part anyway.

Friday, May 14th, Potions class.

"You're scratch is fading." Malfoy said suddenly, causing you to bring your attention back to the real world.

"Yeah, finally." You chuckled slightly, bringing your hand up to your face.

He added another item into the cauldron, "What's next?"

You scanned over your page in the book, "Gillyweed."

He nodded, reaching over the table to grab the plant.

"Pssttt Y/n," A boy called over from the table next to yours, "Y/n!"

You knew what this was about, "Yes Roy?"

"Can I borrow your book, I think I missed a few notes?" The boy asked, which you knew to be a complete lie. Yours and Pansy's theory being that he liked you. It wasn't hard to tell really, between the way he blushed every time your name passed through his lips, or the way his friends would give you little knowing glances, or this, he had done this everyday for the past week. Asking to use your book for notes he had 'missed', then you'd get it back with little doodles in it.

It was sweet, you thought. Obviously or else you would've shut it down by now.

"So do you just never pay attention or?" You teased, passing him your book as he took it carefully from your hands.

"Guess not?" He smiled, getting back to his 'work'.

You heard Malfoy chuckle quietly to himself beside you, "What?" You whispered over, to which he got closer to your ear, "Y'know, I saw him copying the board just a few minutes ago."

You pulled away, chuckling a bit to yourself now too, "I know, me too"

You scoot the blondes book closer to yourself, as to read over the rest of the ingredients, "Next is the oak tree bark."

Silence.

"Malfoy, don't ignore me," You joked, looking up at the boy only to see that he was preoccupied, looking straight at Roy, "Malfoy." You nudged him, gaining his attention back, "The tree bark."

He didn't say a word as he mindlessly added the ingredient into the cauldron.

Odd.

Hogwarts hallway, 10 minutes after dinner.

"No Y/n he definitely likes you, I mean come on now..." Pansy chuckled, giving you the side eye.

"I'm not saying he doesn't, thats the thing," You began, "It's just an odd way to flirt don't you think?"

"No...not really?" Blaise chuckled.

"Oh and you're a master at flirting Zabini?" Pansy teased, nudging the boy.

"He's Definitely not." Malfoy chimed in, smirking to himself.

"And you are?" Blaise retorted defensively.

"Never said I was." Malfoy said, bluntly.

"Malfoy's way of flirting is probably telling you to go jump off a ledge somewhere.." Pansy cackled, laughing over her own joke before it was even finished.

"I don't flirt." Malfoy replied.

"I find that hard to believe." Pansy said, glancing over at you smugly. You knew what she was insinuating, she had been saying this forever, so much so that when she revealed to you that she had a whole case built up in her head with reasons as to why Malfoy was 'secretly in love with you', it didn't surprise you one bit.

You on the other hand, didn't see it at all. Completely oblivious to the story book romance Pansy had falsely seen between the two of you. It just didn't make sense.

"Y/n!" A voice suddenly yelled, snapping you out of your own thoughts. Probably for the better.

Turning around to face the direction it came from, you were greeted by none other than Harry and Ron, worried looks on their faces.

Any leftover tastes you had of dinner almost instantly turned sour in your stomach, you knew something was wrong, something had finally happened.

"Y/n,"Harry said, "Look uhm, we don't have much time to explain, we'll explain on the way but we have to go.."

"It's about the chamber isn't it?" You asked, to which Mcgonagles voice over the intercoms answered for you, "All students are to return to their house dormitories at once, all teachers to the second floor corridor immediately!"

"Merlin..." Blaise sighed, looking between you and your brother.

"Harry, what the hell's happened?" You asked, slightly panicked.

"We have to go," He reiterated, "Do you have Tom Riddles pen?"

You reached in your back pocket to feel it, nodding. You've been carrying it around ever since Pansy urged you to, now forevermore thankful that she did.

"You guys should uhm," Harry hesitated, looking towards your friends, eyes glued on Pansy, her being the only one he didn't particularly have any problems with, "Head back to your common room, I'm not exactly sure what the announcement was about but I know it's not good."

She nodded, taking a deep breath, "Y/n." With a tug to your wrist you turned your attention back towards your bestfriend, "Please, be careful. I mean it."

You were terrified, she could see it in your eyes, "I will be, ill be back later, don't worry ok?"

She nodded, letting go of your wrist to pull you into a hug instead. No one else said anything, not exactly sure of what they could even begin to say,

And as you head down the hall, following behind your brother aimlessly you found yourself lost in thought again.

Entirely too much had happened, and it was only your first year. You wished you could go back to the moment on the train when you first met Pansy, and Willow. You wished you could go back to the first day of potions class, you wished you could go back to Christmas morning with Malfoy, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyal. You wished you could go back. Harry and Ron seemed as if they didn't care, as if they were prepared for anything, you weren't sure how. Maybe they were just braver than you, or better at acting as if they were anyways.

Zoning back in you noticed you had made it up to the second floor corridor,

"Look, they're over there." Ron said, motioning towards the professors who were all crowded around something written on the wall.

"...It's in blood again." You said, more so to yourself as the three of you crept around the corner.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster Lockheart, your moment has come at last." Snape said, staring the man down.

"Someones been taken into the chamber?" You whispered, looking between the boys.

"Read this.." Harry whispered, passing back a piece of crumbled up paper, "We found it with Hermione..it was in her hand."

You unraveled the paper with shaky hands, reading it over.

There it was, she had it figured out, thats why they were in such a hurry to find you.

A basilisk, that was the monster.

It didn't take you long to put two and two together, the basilisk kills upon looking someone in their eyes, but no one had looked it in it's eyes. Hermione had determined that as well, the mirror she was found with gave that away. She was on her way to find Ron and Harry no doubt, using the mirror to round corners.

"Very well, uhh" The man hesitated, "I'll just be in my office getting uhm, getting ready!"

With that, he turned to take his leave.

"Don't tell me they're trusting him with this?" You whispered, folding the paper and stuffing into the front pocket of your jeans.

"Unfortunately...they seem to be" Ron sighed.

"Shhh" Harry whispered.

"Who is it the monsters taken Minerva?" Madam pomfrey asked, concerned.

It was obvious that your professor hesitated for a moment, "Ginny Weasley."

At that moment you took back every prior bad feeling you have ever had, every bad feeling that you had deemed to be the worst, because this was by far the most your stomach has ever twisted and your heart has ever dropped.

"Her skeleton will lie in the chamber forever.." Ron began, reading off of the wall as everyone cleared out of the room, "Ginny."

"W-we have to go find Lockheart..." You stuttered, nervously stumbling over your words, "look I know hes probably worthless but we have information he may need, we have to go, now."

Your body began to move on its own, without thinking a single thought you grabbed Ron's arm and began running down the hall with him, knowing Harry was following close behind.

And once you made it to the classroom, you practically broke the door down, swinging it open, running up the stairs barging into the professors room.

What you saw next had you breathless, at a loss for words until the complete and utter disgust filled your vains.

"Are you serious?" You asked, not expecting any answer from the cowardly man.

"Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked, and you could easily tell from his tone that he was just as equally disgusted as you.

"Well yes uhm, you see," Your professor began, "Urgent call, unavoidable, gotta go."

"What about my sister?!" Ron asked.

"Well uhm, as to that," He said, stuffing some random articles of clothing into various different trunks, "Most unfortunate, no one regrets more than I."

"You're the defense against the dark arts teacher, you can't go now."You said, eyeing him up and down.

"Well I must say when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about-" He began, making his way towards the door.

"So, you're running away?!" Harry asked, blocking the man, "After all that stuff you did in your books."

"Books can be misleading...." Lockheart defended.

"Well you wrote them!" Harry argued.

"My dear boy do you use your common sense?!" He asked, setting his things down on the table, "My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think i'd done all those things!"

"You're a fraud..." You said, finally being able to realize it. Everything making perfect sense in your head now.

"You've just been taking credit for things other wizards have done!" Harry said.

"Is there anything you can do?" Ron asked.

"Yes..now that you mention it, I'm rather gifted with memory charms, otherwise all of those wizards would of gone blabbing and I never would've sold another book," He said, turning his back to you three, you could already see where this was going, reaching for you wand in your pocket, locking eyes with the boys, "In fact, I'm uh, I'm going to have to do the same to you!"

It was too late by the time he had turned back to face you, wand in hand. You, Harry and Ron already had yours drawn directly towards him. His lowered his arm in surrender, letting out a huff of disappointment in himself as he did so.

Hogwarts, Second floor corridor.

"Remind me as to why we think the chamber is in the second floor girls bathroom?" You asked, still holding your wand up to your professor.

"Remember when Aragog mentioned the girl that died in the bathroom fifty years ago?" Ron asked.

"....Moaning Myrtle," You began, piecing the story together in your head, "You think it's her?"

"It's our best bet," Harry mentioned, entering the bathroom cautiously, moaning Myrtle could already be heard sulking somewhere, "Oh, who's there?" She asked upon seeing the four of you, "Oh, hello Harry~" She giggled, "What do you want?"

"...To ask you how you died?" Your brother asked, hesitantly.

"Ohhh, it was dreadful, it happened right here in this very cubical,"She began, motioning towards the stall she was hovering over, "I'd hidden because Olive Cornbee was teasing me about my glasses, I was crying and then I heard somebody come in."

"Who was it Myrtle?" Harry asked, trying to dig deeper, you were so close to getting the full story.

"I don't know, I was distraught," She said, reliving the memory, "but they said something funny, a kind of made up language and I realized it was a boy speaking so I unlocked the door to tell him to go away, and I died."

"Just like that...?" You asked, "How?"

"I just remember seeing a pair of great big yellow eyes over there by that sink." She motioned towards a particularly rusty looking sink, before floating away, back over the cubical.

You walked over to the sink, inspecting it, feeling on the spout you noticed something, "A snake.."

"What?" Harry asked, grabbing your shoulder.

You tilted your head, looking at the design, "Harry theres a snake on this sink."

You backed up, allowing him to take a lot for himself, "This is it," He said, feeling it for himself, "This is it guys, I think this is the entrance to the chamber of secrets."

"Say something, Harry say something in parseltongue." Ron said.

Your brother took a deep breath, before speaking something you couldn't quite understand. It gave you chills, you remembered Malfoy telling you about your brothers gift the day the incident happened, you then heard it from Harry a little bit later, but you had never actually heard him speak it.

As he spoke all of the sinks opened up, the one with the snake design sunk into the ground revealing a deep dark whole, there it was, the entrance to the chamber, there was no going back now.

"Excellent Harry," Lockheart sighed nervously, "Good work, well then i'll just be uhm, theres no need for me to stay!" He added as he tried to run out of the bathroom.

"Stop!" You shouted, casting a spell right in front of the mans feet, causing his whole body to jolt back with fear, "You go first."

He turned back to face you, creeping back over towards the entrance, "Come on, what good will it do?"

"Better you than us." Ron said bluntly, holding his broken wand up to the man.

"Well..obviously yes," He said, turning to meet his fate, looking down the deep whole, "Sure you don't want to test it out first?"

You were done with this, choosing to kick him in his back, pushing him down the hole, "Y/n!" Harry said, shocked as the man screamed, until a loud crash was heard, "Really quite filthy down here.."

"See, he's fine." You shrugged.

"All right then, let's go." Your brother said, looking between you and Ron.

"Oh Harry, if you die down there, you're welcome to share my toilet." Myrtle smiled.

"Uh, thanks Myrtle." He replied, earning a chuckle out of you.

"Got a ghost girl flirting with you now?" You joked, nudging your brother.

"Not the time.." Harry sighed, faint smile on his face.

"Theres no better time than now actually." You said, taking a deep breath to clam your nerves before jumping down into the hole.

It wasn't straight down like you thought, it was more like a slide, and coming down behind you, you heard non other than Ronald's screaming. Once you landed at the bottom the disgust almost instantly found itself back into the pit of your stomach. Bones, everywhere. Locking eyes with your professor you saw the same disgust in him, and you almost let your guard down, if it wasn't for the slight twitch of his fingers as he reached for his wand, he would've gotten you.

Once Harry and Ron reached the bottom they were met with that same disgust, as well as you mouthing multiple profanities under your breath at Lockheart as your wand was practically held against his throat.

"Y/n..?" Harry said, inching towards you.

"Keep an eye on him, slimy git almost got me." You scoffed.

Ron nodded, holding his wand back up to the man as you backed away, looking down the multiple pathways, "Now remember, any sign of movement close your eyes straight away." Harry said, making his way down one of the holes.

You all followed behind him, silently hoping he had some idea of where he was going, not wanting to get lost. All of your doubts melted away once you were met with a large snakes skin in one of the corridors.

"What's this?" Ron asked.

"It's a snakes skin.." You said, watching your brother closely as he examined it.

"Bloody hell, whatever shed this must be sixty feet long, or more." Ron muttered, and just as that happened your professor fell straight to the ground.

"Has he fainted?" You asked, stepping closer.

Ron nodded, "Heart of a lion this one.."

Before you had any more time to think, Lockheart suddenly jolted up, grabbing Ron's wand out of his hand, rising to his own two feet as he pointed it directly at you.

"The adventure ends here children," He began, "But don't fret, the world will know our story, how I was too late to save the girl, how you two tragically lost your minds at the sight of her mangled body, so you first ms. Potter, say goodbye to your memories."

Think. Think. There had to be something you could do, you couldn't forget, you wouldn't.

"Obliviate!" He shouted as you pulled out your wand, hoping to maybe block the spell somehow, however, that wasn't needed. Ron's wand, it was broken.

The spell backfired, shooting your professor into the air and up against the wall, but that was the least of your concerns at the moment, as the walls started shaking and rocks started falling you were faced with a decision.

Harry or Ron, who needed you more in that moment?

You looked towards your brother, and seeing the panic in his eyes as the rocks that began to fall were right above you, your decision was made.

"Y/n!" He shouted as you ran over, and as soon as you made it into arms length of your brother he engulfed you into a hug.

Your breath was shaky as your arms wrapped around his body, "I-Ron are you ok?" You shouted, pulling yourself out of his grip.

No answer.

"Ron," Harry screamed, climbing up some of the debris, "Ron say something!"

"I'm okay!" Ron shouted, causing your nerves to settle slightly.

You could vaguely hear Lockheart from the other side, speaking to Ron, "Lockhearts memory charm backfired, he hasn't got a clue who he is!"

You then heard a thud, trying to peek past Harry onto the other side, "What do I do now?" Ron asked.

"You wait here and try and shift some of this rock so we can get back through, Y/n and I will go on and find Ginny!" Harry shouted, climbing back down to look at you.

No words were needed as you nodded, following your brother down the path yet again until you reached an odd looking door with more snakes on it.

"Open up.." Harry said, which you knew to be in parseltongue, but for some reason you could understand it.

Taken aback for a moment, you gasped as the door began to open, "What?" Harry asked, concerned.

You paused, "Oh, n-nothing sorry," You lied, choosing to keep it to yourself for now, not wanting to alarm him anymore than he already was, "Just a bit spooked."

He reached for your hand, smiling slightly as to comfort you, "Don't worry, it'll be ok" He said, leading you through the door, but no amount of comforting words or touches could of prepared you for what you saw next.

A long dark and damp hallway, snake heads on each side leading to a sculpted face of some man at the end, and on the ground in front laid Ginny, seemingly lifeless.

"Ginny.." You muttered, running off in front of your brother, crouching down next to the girl, "Ginny please, please don't be dead, wake up please wake up!"

"Ginny please, come on we've got to go, wake up!" Harry said from his position beside you now.

"She won't wake.." A familiar voice said, coming from your left.

The voice alone was enough to send tears into your eyes, it was Tom Riddle.

"Tom, Tom Riddle," Harry said, standing. It was obvious he hadn't had the same experiences with the boy as you had, and as your eyes met his, the tears you were so desperately trying to hold down came flowing out, "What do you mean she won't wake, she's not-"

"She's still alive," Tom began, "But only just."

"Are you a ghost?" Harry asked.

"No, he's not..." You pipped up, rising to your feet aswell now.

Tom eyed you for a moment, "A memory, preserved in a diary for fifty years."

Harry moved to touch Ginny's hand, "She's cold as ice."

Your eyes however, remained on the boy as he leant down to pick up Harry's wand he had dropped, "What are you doing?" You asked, reaching for your own.

Harry looked up at that, "Give me my wand Tom.." He said cautiously, reaching out his hand.

"You won't be needing it, as well as you Y/n," He turned his direction towards you, "I'd appreciate you lowering yours."

"Listen we've got to go, we've got to save her!" Your brother yelled, but it was to no prevail, as you could already tell what was going on.

"Harry he's-"

"I'm afraid I can't do that Harry, you see as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger," Tom interrupted, "Yes Harry, it was Ginny Weasley who opened the chamber of secrets."

Your grip on your wand tightened, looking around every possible corner of the chamber, watching for the snake.

"No she couldn't...she wouldn't." Harry said, defending the girl.

"It was Ginny who sent the Basilisk on the mudbloods and Filch's cat, Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls." Tom explained.

"Why?" Harry asked, stepping back.

"Because I told her to," Tom answered simply, "You'll find I can be very persuasive, not that she knew what she was doing she was, shall we say in a kind of trance, still the power of the diary began to scare her and she tried to dispose of it in the girls bathroom, and then who should find it but you, the very person I was so anxious to meet."

His attention was then directed towards you, "But you Y/n, you see I was anxious to meet you as well, but seeing as you ended up in Slytherin house I knew there was going to have to be another way, thats why, I presented you with the pen."

"And why did you want to meet us?" You asked, stepping face to face with the man.

"I knew I had to talk to you two, meet you if I could." Tom explained, stepping back.

"You framed Hagrid, didn't you?" You asked, "Showed Harry some stupid false memory!"

"I needed to gain his trust, knew you would never trust me fully.." Tom said, ghost of a smirk on his face.

"Hagrid's my friend!" Harry yelled, "And you framed him?!"

"It was my word against Hagrid's, only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent." Tom scoffed, looking down at Ginny.

"I bet Dumbledore saw right through you." Harry smirked, eyeing the boy.

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that, I knew I couldn't open the chamber again while I was still at school, so I created a Diary, " He began, looking towards you, "And a pen, preserving my sixteen year old self into it so that one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherins noble work!"

"Well you haven't finished it this time, in a few hours the mandrake draft will be ready, and everyone who was petrified will be returned to normal." Harry said.

You reached for the pen in your back pocket, feeling it and sighing, Pansy as the first thing to come into your mind, you could only hope she wasn't worrying too much. You could only hope you would see her again.

"Haven't I told you?" Tom asked, "Killing muddbloods doesn't matter to me anymore, for many months now my new target has been you two..."

That was all you needed to hear for something in your brain to click, you knew what he was, knew who he was, feeling rage course through your vain's, wanting to act on it, wanting to shut him up, wanting to kill. Yet, all you could do was watch, completely frozen in fear as he admitted exactly what you were scared of.

"How were two babies with no extraordinary magical talent able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time, how did you both escape with nothing but a scar, while lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?!" Tom preached.

"He's...Harry he's Voldemort.." You muttered, unable to raise your voice as Tom walked towards you.

"Ah see, she's got it figured out, go on tell your brother what I am." Tom smirked, holding Harry's wand up to your scar on your neck.

"He's Voldemort..." You said, forcing your voice out of your throat.

Harry's eyes grew wide, watching in terror as the man held you at bay with his own wand, "No....no you can't be.."

"Listen well, learn something from your sister here Harry," He began, "Voldemort is my past, present, and future."

As he backed away from you, you released a breath you didn't know you were holding in, immediately running towards your brother as Tom walked off into a different direction.

He began spelling his full name into the air, then rearranging it, 'I AM LORD VOLDEMORT' it read.

You knew it, but for once in your life you didn't like being right.

"You are him..?" Harry said, breathless.

"Surely you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy muggle father's name, No I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world!" He chanted, egotesticle look written all over his features.

"Albus Dumbledore Is the greatest sorcerer in the world!" Harry argued.

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle from the mere memory of me!" Tom yelled.

"He'll never be gone!" You defended, "You think because he's gone now you've won, I didn't take you for being stupid, Tom."

"As long as those who remain are loyal to him, he'll never be gone!" Harry chimed in, looking the man directly in his eyes.

It went silent for a moment, and any fear you previously had in you had completely vanished, it was flight or fight, and your body chose fight.

A screeching noise had interrupted said silence, causing your attention to be drawn to behind you, only to be greeted by Dumbledores phoenix, Fawkes. Carrying what seemed to be the sorting hat in his beak. He dropped it down onto the ground before continuing to circle above you and Harry.

Harry quickly reached to grab the hat, "So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defenders, a song bird and an old hat."

You snatched the hat out of your brothers hand's, examining it carefully as you heard Tom Riddle begin to speak behind you. You knew what was about to happen, looking over at your brother, you grabbed his arm.

"The snake, Harry he's calling the snake!" You explained, looking behind you.

"How did you-"

"Let's match the power of lord Voldemort, heir of Salazar Slytherin against the famous Potters!" Tom said as the mouth of the sculpture slid down.

"Harry..." You pulled on his arm, "Run!"

His whole body shook as he nodded, letting you pull him back down the long hall, you wouldn't dare to look behind you as you could practically feel the snake right on your trail. Suddenly you were halt to a stop as your brother tripped, almost pulling you down with him.

"Harry!" You screamed, looking down at him, continuing to tug on his arm.

That was it, you thought, you were dead. Until you heard the same screeching again as Fawkes swopped down, digging his claws directly into the snakes eyes.

"No!" Tom yelled, "Your bird may have blinded the Basilisk but it can still hear you!"

You looked back down at Harry, quickly pulling him up off of the ground, carefully stepping away from the snake, trying to be as quiet as possible, that was until Harry stepped on some sort of bone, causing an awful cracking noise to echo off of the empty, dark halls. Both of you, having no time to think ran to your right, down another pipe like hallway, and as you reached a dead end there was either right or left, Harry took right, you took left, with no time for communication you only realized you two had split once it was too late to turn back, and you watched in terror as the snake went directly down your brothers path. You continued running, that's all you could do as you hoped you would find another path leading you to Harry.

After a couple of minuets, you realized you were lost, no sign of Harry or the snake, but you could hear, you could hear just about everything, and once you heard the terrible deep hiss of the snake, you knew Harry had been found, and it was only a matter of seconds before he was dead, impulsively you let out a shaky sigh before whistling as loud as you possibly could, only hoping it would draw the monster away from your brother as you continued to run down the pipes as fast and as loud as possible.

After a couple of absentminded turns and twists, the snake had found you again, and you were running for your life, mind completely empty as you struggled to keep your feet moving. That was until, you reached the same room as before, the snake seemed to slow down, but only ever so slightly, giving you time to analyze your surroundings, you were living straight off of adrenaline in that moment.

Harry, Tom, Ginny, Sorting hat, and sword.

You saw a sword.

You had no idea in that moment that it was the sword of Gryffindor, you didn't even allow yourself to think about it as you leant down to grab it out of the hat, tossing your wand on the ground next to Harry, "Y/n!" Your brother shouted.

"Use my wand!" Was all you had time to say as you quickly began to climb the statue, trying to gain the high ground against the snake. You were going to end this, you didn't need Harry's help, he had done enough, been hurt enough, been through enough. It had to be you, you thought.

The Basilisk continued to dive straight into certain parts of the carved stone, missing you completely, but only ever so slightly each time, until you made your way to the top, Harry's screams of your name being drowned out by your own heartbeat in your ears.

And as the Basilisk dove towards you, you swung, striking it very harshly, yet it didn't seem to have an affect on the monster in the slightest. Swing after swing after swing, absolutely nothing. You grew frustrated, restless, and before you knew it, you lost your footing. Sliding down the statue, dropping the sword as it began sliding as well. "No!" You screamed to yourself, feeling as if you were losing your mind, you forced yourself up as you leaped to grab the sword, and as the snake dove down for its final attack, you hastily stabbed the sword through the top of its mouth. Screaming in pain as you did so, your adrenaline could only keep up for so long, and all it took for it to completely vanish was the electrifying feeling of pain that shot through your body as the Basilisk's fang dug deep into your arm.

Your body swayed for a moment as your vision began darkening, you were going to faint, you felt it, but little did you know that it was actually the poison of the beast coursing through your vain's. You reached your free arm up, supporting your now bloody one as you pulled the sword out of the snakes mouth.

"Y/n!" Harry shouted, running towards the base of the statue as the snake fell to the floor.

You carefully began making your way down to your brother, stumbling over your own feet towards the end, toppling into his arms and dropping the sword on the ground.

"Y/n, please...no please be ok." Harry began, dragging your almost completely limp body over to Ginny.

"Please be ok," Tom Riddle mocked, "Remarkable isn't it, how quickly the Basilisk venom takes its effect...not to worry Y/n, you'll be with your dear muddblood mother soon."

Your heart dropped, this was it, you were going to die.

You looked over at your brother as he grabbed Tom Riddles Diary out of Ginny's hands, "Harry..." You said weakly, not failing to notice the tears that streamed down his face. You reached into your back pocket grabbing the pen, and passing it to him.

His shaky hand took it from yours, carefully opening up the book, and setting the pen straight inside, "What are you doing?" Tom asked.

Harry didn't say a word as he reached behind you to grab the Basilisk fang, pulling his arm up only to slam it back down directly through the notebook and pen. Tom Riddle screamed as beams of light shot through his body, and all you could do is watch through hazy vision as your brother continuously stabbed the fang through the book until Tom Riddle was nothing more than a memory.

That was about the time you lost consciousness, the last thing you remembered seeing was Harry looking back at you over his shoulder, then everything went dark, but only for a split second.

-

Suddenly, there was a bright flash of white and you found yourself in a room you didn't quite recognize. Parts of it seemed familiar, yet you knew you had never been there before. Just then two people came into view, a man and and woman, and once they got closer, you almost couldn't believe your eyes, "...M-Mum, dad?"

"Y/n, dear?" Your mother asked, running to engulf you into her arms, "Oh sweetheart, you were so brave.. so so brave."

"Harry...." You chocked out through broken sobs, "Harry, is he ok? I-is there anyway you can tell me-"

"He's fine dear," Your father added, coming to wrap his arms around you and your mother as you continued to cry into her chest, "What you should be worried about, is how you are going to get back to him."

You froze, last thing you remembered was getting stabbed by the basilisk and seeing your brother destroy the diary, then everything went dark, and cold, you died in that chamber, that's why your parents came to you, so then what was your father talking about? Suddenly none of this was making any sense.

"W-what?" You asked, wiping at your damp eyes as you pulled away from them both, "Get back to him, How? Haven't I died?"

"You can always find a way back Y/n," Your father said, running a hand delicately under your chin, swiping away at any stray tears.

"Then, why couldn't you two get back?" You asked, "None of this is making any sense."

"It wasn't as simple as that for me and your father," Your mother said, wrapping an arm around his, "But we're making it simple for you sweetheart, we will greet you again someday when the time is right, but now is not your time."

"Making it simple for me?" You asked, just then you felt a tingling sensation through your whole body as your parents gradually began to fade out of view, "No, Mum, dad please i'm scared, what's going on?"

"Don't be scared dear," Your mother comforted, small smile on her face, "Everything is going to be ok, trust me Y/n."

You nodded as they were almost completely invisible now, her voice echoing throughout the empty room, "Ok, I do."

"We love you, so much," Your father said, "And your brother too, tell him for us will you?"

"I will," You promised as the room began to go dark, "I will, I love you."

-

"You're still up here?" Pansy asked, walking into the infirmary, fresh flowers in hand as she spot Malfoy, sitting by your bed.

"I went to go eat with Blaise earlier," He shrugged, "Decided to come back I guess."

Pansy eyed him as she carefully swapped out the old flowers for the new ones, disposing of the curled up wilted roses into one of the trash bins nearby, "Has she," She hesitated, "Moved at all or anything?"

"No," Malfoy replied, "Not an inch."

She had half the mind to tease him, ask him why, out of everyone, he'd been up there the most. But, she couldn't force it out, one because she felt like asking would get her no answer, not a real one anyways, and two, she felt in her heart that she already knew the real reason, adding this to her case she had built up in her head.

Three, the most important reason, is that the girl she would be teasing about had happened to have been in a coma for a little over two weeks now.

And to say she was devastated was an understatement. The scream of absolute terror she had let out when the news was dropped on her by professor Snape was glass shattering, even more so once she found out you were originally supposed to be dead, but Fawkes's tears worked some sort of miracle.

No one understood it, you were dead for a whole two minutes, the birds tears only bringing back a faint heartbeat, and it's been like that ever since.

"Y/n," Pansy began, crouching down next to your bed, "Please, please wake up, I know you're in there."

-

"Y/n....." A muffled voice said, it was followed by other words, although you couldn't hear them.

You were now in a dark room, nothing could be seen or felt, so in all honesty you weren't even sure if it was a room, more like a space maybe.

But you could think, so to you that had to have meant you were physically there at least, or so you thought, "P-pansy?" You asked, only just then being able to feel your mouth.

"She...." The voice said, "I think she ——— Malfoy,———- Moved didn't she?!"

"Pansy?" You asked again, panicked, "Hello?!"

"Y/n!" You felt a warm sensation on what you knew to be your arm, "That's it, wake——— Come on Y/n!"

You were starting to gain feeling back, and quick, you began to feel your legs now too, "Pansy!" You yelled, "Pansy yes I can hear you, i'm here!!"

"Y/n—"

"Hello?!" You screamed, "Please i'm here!"

"Y/n—"

"Pansy!!!"

-

"She was moving, I swear" Pansy said, looking back at Malfoy, "You saw her right?!"

"P-Pansy?" You asked, slowly blinking your eyes open.

In that moment, her heart stopped, she could've sworn she was dreaming until she turned to look back at you, only to see that you truly were awake, "Y/n..." She began, tears immediately streaming down her face as she gently leaned over you, getting as close to a hug as she could get as you weakly wrapped your arms around her, "Oh my god...oh my god," She cried, pulling away, "I-I have to go get Madam Pomfrey, i'll be right back ok? Malfoy please-"

"I got her..." The boy muttered, eyes glued on you as Pansy nodded, running out of the room. You had heard her mention Malfoy, but you hadn't actually noticed him up until now, "Shit."

"I'm.." You stuttered, "I'm guessing by the reactions that uh, I was out for a while?"

"Yeah..." Malfoy sighed, "Two weeks."

"Merlin..." You muttered, allowing it to go silent for a moment as you thought, "And uhm, why am I not dead?"

"I'm not sure i'm the right one to explain that.." Malfoy said, glancing off somewhere else.

You nodded, anxiously awaiting your friends return, as well as several other people you presumed. You had so much to ask, deep questions, and them some dumb ones, but for some reason, the one that was so desperate to leave your lips was, why was he here?

You expected Pansy, knowing that she was probably at your bed everyday, for hours on end, and then probably your brother, but him. It made no sense to you. You knew you two weren't exactly on terrible terms anymore, sometimes at least, but you didn't know you were on terms to where he'd be at your hospital bed when you woke up.

"Y/n?!" The sound of your brothers voice immediately snapped you out of your own head, turning towards the door you saw him, teary eyed, followed by Pansy, Ron, Blaise, Ginny, and Madam Pomfrey entering the room, "You're awake, oh thank god!"

He ran over, wanting nothing more but to pull you into an embrace, "Potter, careful let me check her first please." Madam Pomfrey urged, stopping your brother dead in his tracks.

He looked you up and down, almost as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing, just like Pansy, and after what Malfoy had told you, you figured that something like that was a normal reaction, "Right... sorry."

Madam Pomfrey checked almost everything as everyone stood around impatiently waiting for her to say something, anything about how you were doing.

"Odd.." She said to herself, scribbling something down onto a piece of parchment.

"What?" Harry asked, trying to peek over her shoulder.

"Everything's perfectly fine," She stated, "It's almost as if nothing ever happened at all..."

"Well, that's good right?" You asked, chuckling ever so slightly to yourself.

"Not saying it isn't," She smiled, "We've just never seen anything like this before."

You nodded, "So, uhm what exactly happened?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" Harry asked, pulling up a chair and sitting next to your bed.

"Killing the snake, and then watching you as you stabbed through the Diary," You hesitated for a moment, wondering if you should bring up your parents or not, "Then uhm, it went dark for a moment, just a moment. And before I knew it I was back here," In the end though, you decided against it, making a mental note to tell Harry later, alone, "At first I couldn't see anything, could barley even feel anything, I could just hear Pansy talking, then eventually it was like all of my senses started to come back to me, until I could finally open my eyes."

Harry nodded, "After you...after you died, Fawkes came down and cried over your wound, it began to heal itself, and that's when your heartbeat came back..."

"How?" You asked, "I mean, I didn't think that was possible, I knew they could heal but, I was..I was gone."

"That's the part we're trying to figure out ourselves Potter," Madam Pomfrey said, "It's unheard of, you're the first person this has ever happened to."

Later that night, 7:53pm.

"Harry..." You said, causing him to look up from the book that he was reading.

He had convinced Madam Pomfrey to let him spend the night with you in the infirmary, vouching to keep and eye on you, "Yeah?"

"I uhm," You weren't even sure how to phrase the words that were about to come out of your mouth, but nonetheless you knew you had to tell him, "When I said it went dark for a moment, and then I heard Pansy, I was lying..."

He set his book down on the nightstand, giving you his full attention, "So..w-what actually happened?"

"Promise you'll believe me?" You asked, sticking out your pinky.

He smiled slightly, interlocking his with yours, "I promise."

You nodded, taking a deep breath, "Before I heard Pansy, there was a white flash, and I saw...I saw Mum and dad..."

It fell silent for a moment as your brother thought, "...You what?"

"I was in this room, i'm not sure where and Mum came running up to me. Telling me how brave I was. Of course the first thing on my mind was if you made it out ok, and when I asked father told me yes, but then he started talking about me getting back to you?" You said, thinking back on the memory.

Harry was in disbelief, eyes wide as he nodded along, "W-What else happened?"

"I was confused, because at that point I knew I was dead, so I asked what he meant and he told me that I could always find a way back," You said, "Then Mum started explaining how they made it simple for me, that was right before they started fading away, telling me they loved me...wanted me to tell you that they loved you too."

Your brother didn't say another word as he got up to pull you into a hug, you two sat like that for a while, until both of you began crying, they weren't tears of sadness, no, neither were they tears of happiness, they were more like tears of relief, of closure.

June 1st, 7 days till the last day of school, Potions class.

It was your second day out of the hospital, and your first day of being back in your classes. You had been given a pass for all of your final exams. Seeing as you had missed most of the review for them anyway. And for the most part, you were feeling a lot better, almost back to one-hundred percent. Before you got out of the hospital you had told everyone that you didn't want them to treat you any differently, knowing that'd be hard, especially for your brother, but hoping that it'd be possible, and so far everything was going good. Luckily, the school kept tight wraps on what had happened, so no one, except your friends, had a single clue of what exactly you had just been through, of course there were rumors here and there as to why you were out of class for so long, but those were easily covered up by the simple lie of some sort of extreme sickness.

"Wait what was next?" You asked, earning a dramatic eye roll from the blonde.

"I just told you." He replied bluntly.

"Well can you tell me again?" You asked, trying to peek over at his book. To which he tilted it up, hiding it from your view.

"You've been reading these potions off to me for months now and you still don't remember how to make them?" He scoffed, chuckling slightly.

"Whatever, you act like you haven't almost accidentally added the wrong thing what, several times now?" You teased, looking over the ingredients on the table.

"Just add the item in." The boy said, completely ignoring your jab.

"Malfoy if this potion blows up in my face I swear-"

"It won't if you add the right thing." He smirked.

"Asshole..." You said under your breath, reaching for what you thought to be the right ingredient, "This one?"

He scanned over the page before looking back up at you, "No."

You sighed, picking up the next item, "Ok then it's gotta be this one?"

His eyes scanned over the book again, "Definitely not."

"Ughhh.." You groaned, rubbing a hand down your face.

Slytherin common room, June 5th, 8:46pm.

"No no no, this is the best one by far!" Pansy laughed, practically crying at that point as she held up a polaroid picture.

"Let me see!" You laughed, clutching your stomach as she passed you the picture, and within moments you were right there with her, tears streaming down your cheeks as Blaise got up off of the couch, shaking his head.

"Guys it's not that funny..." He said, snatching the picture of of your hands.

"Of course you don't think so," Pansy said, "Because this time it's one of you!"

In your defense, the picture was utterly hilarious, and super embarrassing, which made it even better. You and Pansy had stolen Blaise's camera, deciding that it was about time someone had started taking pictures of him, and so you two waited downstairs until he noticed the camera was missing, and caught him right as he made his way into the common room, curious look on his face as his mouth hung opened.

The joyous victory didn't last long however, when you saw the flash and heard the click you knew it was over, snapping your head towards the boy as he smirked behind the camera.

"Blaise!" Pansy yelled, trying to snatch it out of his hands, "You're such a sore loser!"

And once the picture printed out, he found himself joining in on the fit of laughter.

Slytherin girls dormitories, Last day of school, 7:26am.

"Come on Willow please," Pansy begged, trying to force him into his carrier, "We're going home now, it'll only be for a little bit I promise"

"It's so weird how this is actually our last day.." You said, sitting on the edge of your bed, observing the situation that was happening in front of you, "It feels like our first year went by so fast."

"Yeah," Pansy agreed, finally forcing Willow inside, quickly zipping the latch shut and sighing as she plopped down onto her bed, "Next year will be our second year...ew that's so weird."

"I know," You giggled, "Promise you'll write to me over summer?"

"Of course!" She smiled, "Maybe we can even have a sleepover!"

"Definitely not at my house." You laughed, dreading the fact that you'd have to go back to the Dursleys.

"Guys come on," Crabbe shouted from the common room, "We have to go!"

"Oh crap what time is it?" Pansy asked, rushing up to check the clock you two had in the room, "The train leaves in thirty minutes, we've gotta go!"

Hogwarts express, 40 minutes into the ride.

"I'll take two pumpkin pastries please, a chocolate frog, and-"

"A licorice wand..?" Blaise added, looking up at you with a smile.

You rolled your eyes, "A licorice wand, and bertie bots every flavor beans please!"

"Why the hell are you getting those?" Malfoy asked as you pulled your money out to pay.

"I like the candyfloss flavored one...?" You said simply, handing the trolly witch over the coins in exchange for the sweets.

"Yeah but most of them are gross." He said as you sat back down, passing the licorice over to Blaise, as well as the pumpkin pastries over to Pansy.

"Well i'll make sure you get those ones then." You replied smugly, opening up the box.

"Thank you!" Pansy smiled, biting into the treat.

"Of course, I did owe you remember?" You chuckled, referring back to when she gave you the bracelet for valentine's day.

"Thank you as well." Blaise said, opening up the wrapper.

"No problem." You smiled, hunting through the box for the specific flavor you liked.

30 minutes later

"I asked A or B and you said B!" You laughed as Malfoy began to down his water he had brought with him, desperately trying to rid his mouth of the disgusting taste.

"And B was earwax?!" He asked, wiping his mouth.

"Guess so?" You teased, stuffing another good flavored one into your mouth.

Kings cross station, platfrom 9 3/4.

You pulled Pansy into a hug, "I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too," She said into your shoulder, "I'll write ok?"

You nodded, pulling away, "Me too."

Just then you felt a tap on your shoulder, turning around you were met with, "Oh, hey!"

"Hey," Adrain smiled, "Uhm just wanted to come say bye before, Y'know."

"Oh yeah, uhm," You shifted awkwardly, why did this feel so weird.

Just then you could hear Pansy's parents calling her name, "Oh uhm, I gotta go." She said from behind.

"Ok," You looked over your shoulder, "Have a good summer, love you!"

She waved, making her way to her parents, "Love you too!"

"Sorry," You chuckled, facing him again, "Uhm here," You began, pulling a piece of parchment out of your pocket, handing it to the boy, "Its my address, write to me ok?"

He looked down at it, smiling to himself, "I will, look for a brown owl."

"I will," You smiled back, "Have a good summer Adrian."

"You too Y/n." He said, turning to take his leave, heading towards his parents.

You said your goodbyes to a couple more people. Making sure to give Blaise your address, as well as Crabbe and Goyal, but as you looked for Malfoy, you realized he was no where to be found. It was fine you thought, not like you'd be writing to him anyways. And with that you began making your way towards Harry, Ron, Fred, George, Ginny, and Hermione.

You all talked for a moment, catching up and saying your goodbyes to them as well before they had to go and greet their parents, Harry knowing that Uncle Vernon was going to be waiting outside. He hated anything like this, you both knowing that better than anyone.

"Ready to go?" He asked you.

"Yep" You smiled, taking one look back at the train, then the crowd, before making your way out of the station with your brother.

Feeling sad that the year was over, but also feeling a sense of relief. Your first year at Hogwarts being nothing less than chaotic, but also being one of the best years of your life. You had met so many great people, made so many memories, learned so many things. You wouldn't trade it for the world, and if that's how your first year went, you could only wonder what the next year would have in store for you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

389K 9.5K 105
š—œ š—¹š—¼š˜ƒš—² š˜š—µš—² š˜€š˜š—®š—暝˜€, š—Æš—²š—°š—®š˜‚š˜€š—² š˜š—µš—²š˜† š—°š—®š—»š—»š—¼š˜ š˜€š—®š˜† š—®š—»š˜†š˜š—µš—¶š—»š—“. š—œ š—¹š—¼š˜ƒš—² š˜š—µš—² š˜€š˜š—®š—暝˜€, š—Æš—²š—°š—®š˜‚š˜€š—² š˜š—µš—²š˜† ļæ½...
102K 2.8K 82
šƒšØš§'š­ š­š”šž šŸš„šØš°šžš«š¬ š–š”šØ ššš«šž š­š”šž š¦šØš¬š­ š›šžššš®š­š¢šŸš®š„ ššš§š š„š¢š š”š­ š‘šžš š«šžš­ š¬š”š¢š§š¢š§š  š¬šØ š›š«š¢š š”š­š„š² ...
1.7K 18 30
"š˜›š˜©š˜¦š˜³š˜¦'š˜“ š˜Æš˜°š˜µ š˜¢ š˜­š˜Ŗš˜Æš˜¦, š˜Ŗš˜Æ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜øš˜°š˜³š˜­š˜„, š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜µ š˜ š˜øš˜°š˜¶š˜­š˜„ š˜Æš˜°š˜µ š˜¤š˜³š˜°š˜“š˜“ š˜§š˜°š˜³ š˜ŗš˜°š˜¶" š‘°š’ š’˜š’‰š’Šš’„š’‰ š’•š’‰š’† š‘ŗš’š’šš’•š’‰ļæ½...
497K 8.9K 72
[š‚šŽšŒšš‹š„š“š„šƒ āœ“] 怎āšˆ š°ššš§š­ š²šØš® š›šššœš¤ š¢š§ šØš§šž š©š¢šžšœšž,āž š¬š”šž š°š”š¢š¬š©šžš«šžš š­šØ š”š¢š¦. āš‹šžš­'š¬ šŸš®šœš¤ šžšÆšžš«š²ļæ½...