WEDNESDAY'S TWIN BROTHER

Od Bluephoenix52

What if Wednesday Addams had a twin brother that went to Nevermore? Mortez Addams is Wednes... Více

CHARACTERS
THE TWINS
NEVERMORE
OLD FACES
HARVEST FESTIVAL
SCHOOL CLUBS
SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS
BLACK CATS Vs JOKERS
OUTREACH DAY
SLEUTHING INTO THE PAST
PAYBACK
DANCE FEVER
PARENT WEEKEND
NOTHING BRINGS FAMILY CLOSER THAN GRAVE DIGGING
AN ADDAMS SWEET SIXTEEN
TWO ADDAMS , TWO HALF BRREDS , A FUR &A GORGON GO SLEUTHING

RAVE'N FEVER

290 13 3
Od Bluephoenix52

Wednesday : Dr Kinbott tells us to get out more 

          Mortez : tells us to open our minds to new people and experiences.

     Mortez and Wednesday : who are we to argue with her professional cliches.

           In the dead of night , while most people would be asleep , The  Addams twins and Tyler stood outside the buliding of  Jericho County Coroner - Medical Examiner.

             Each of them wearing different shade of emotions visible on their faces ; Mortez , the oldest of Morticia and Gomez , looked at the building with a huge grin it looked a bit unhinged , very excited in indulging his favorite hobby - breaking and entering. Wednesday, the younger twin , looked at the building with cold dead expressionless eyes under her scrutinous glare but hid her inner excitement. Lastly Tyler Galpin , the hybrid of Nevermore looked more of apprehensive and far from excitement.

              Wednesday turned to her brother , "did you have to put on that ridiculous thing on your head?"

               Mortez , ever immune to his twin's hostile comments , smiled , "can you call it breaking and entering without the beanie? I think I look like a real cat burglar."

          "Ok ,how are you two so calm about this?" Tyler looked at them like they were a species he was still yet trying to understand.

          "Calm your nerves Galpin."  Wednesday retorted with a sneer.

              "Sorry . But when Mortez asked me if I had plans for the evening , I did not think it would be breaking into the office of the town Coroner."

                      Mortez shrugged ,if his vision of his twin and Tyler marrying were ever to come true now would be the opportune moment to set those wheels in motion. Besides ,nothing United two sweet hearts like inflitrating of a institution and stealing important files.

              Wednesday looked up at the taller boy , "you already committed a crime Galpin if I'm remembering correctly didn't you?, surely you wouldn't mind adding a misdemeanor to your resume."

        Tyler looked at her with what was a mix of cockiness and apprehension ,"This is more of a felony here in Jericho more so  when  trespassing into the coroner's as à office ."

        Mortez decided to play mediator before his  'darling ' little sister threw one of her hidden knives at Tyler   "If you're afraid of incuring your father's wrath. You're welcome to go back."

            The taller boy smiled at the oldest Addams , "no thanks , I'm sure Wednesday won't let me live it down if I bail now."

          "Your assumption on not letting you live is very much accurate Galpin. "

               "It's Tyler!"

           Mortez  turned to his bag where Thing , "you're up." The appendage signed an Ok before leaping out the bag and crawling its way inside the buliding. It wasn't long before Thing got them in deactivating the cameras too.

        "Galpin will stay guard, While Mortez and I do the autopsy, you find the files of the monster's other victims and make copies. " The younger Addams instructed thing.  Wednesday gave the hand a deadpan look when he tapped outloud ,, "Don't pout. Your scalpel skills are questionable."

     Tyler made a face , "how is Thing's scalpel skills ' questionable' ?"

       "On our  13th birthday, Uncle Fester gave Wednesday  a cadaver? " The older Addams smiled , "Thing sliced right through that man's carotid.  That was one of the most entertaining events that occured on a birthday."

         "Unfortunately , it came tumbling down when mother and father," Wednesday sneered her face scrunched in disgust , "decided it was appropriate to display their affection for each other." Her parents clinginess to the other was toxic and not in a impressive one.

           The same digust mirrored on Mortez , "there is never an Addams event without neither  mother nor father going less than a minute before they are over each other  ."

         Tyler blinked at the twins before shaking his head , "Ok , nice heads-up by the way."

              The twins pulled out the drawers untill they found the corpse they were looking for.

                  "Bingo." Mortez smiled eyeing the body like a prize.

     Wednesday grabbed her recorder , "Magnificent hematoma. There you are. Thursday, 7:23 p.m. The body is that of a 50-year-old male."

            "Ok. Why do you have a tape recorder?" Tyler asked.

              "Documentation purpose." Mortez said in an obvious tone but the hybrid still didn't get it.

                 Wednesday ignored the two and contuined her study , " Lacerations and defensive wounds appear on both hands. What remains of the chest and torso indicates a frenzied attack. Subject has been almost entirely disemboweled."

               "Excuse me," Mortez addresses the corpse lifting the tarp to actually see with his own eyes if the homeless man was indeed disembodied.  " This is curious."

                "What is?" Wednesday inquired.

" Subject's left foot is missing." He said instead  , " It appears to have been chewed off at the ankle. That too surgically." That didn't make sense to the elder Addams, why would a monster amputate foot that too with careful precision.

           "My dad's coming." Tyler said , the three quickly rushed to find a hiding place, while the boys hid in the supply closet , Wednesday  opened a morgue freezer inserting herself in.

                   Mortez listened attentively to the conversation between the sheriff and doctor.

     ".... The killer cut off two toes from the victim's left foot. Best guess, they used a surgical saw. " The coroner said.

           "I was right." Mortez murmured to himself.

             "But why would the monster need toes and a left foot for?" Tyler whispered, "I doubt it's using the saw in it's reptilian form."

       "Unless the creature multitasks in between slashing it's vicitms with it's claws while surgically amputating body parts-." Mortez stopped talking when the Sheriff eyed the closet he and Tyler were in. Thankfully , the man didn't pay much attention to them.

              Honestly Mortez was getting irritated by the coroner's unnecessary chatter about where he was spending his retirement. At this point , he was certain even the Sheriff wanted nothing more but leave.

               "Doesn't he shut up?"

           Tyler shook his head , "not according to what Dad says."

        They had to wait a few more minutes untill the sounds of footsteps left the room and the switch turned off. Mortez was the first to get out the closet , "no offense Tyler , but I would rather not be cramped and suffocated in a closed tight space with you."

              "Why? You've a phobia or something."

       "No. It was just uncomfortable and you're too tall you took up most of the space in there  ." He deadpanned .

       Tyler raised his hands and chuckled ,  "Noted."

                Mortez opened a freezer and smirked , "enjoying yourself in there?" With how pale his twin was she really did fit being with the other corpses.

              Wednesday stared up at her brother without blinking , "Five more minutes. " A smirk formed , "I was just getting comfortable. "

            "So I see ," Mortez smiled and happily obliged shoving her back.

        "Isn't five minutes in there too long?" Tyler asked looking concerned.

           Mortez brushed his worries off ,  "Don't think too much about it. Our uncle Fester has placed in these before longer than five minutes."

         And exactly five minutes later , the trio escaped taking the copies Thing had been able to obtain. They returned to the premises of Nevermore in the early mornings. Honestly Mortez  believed the school's security , especially with them aware of a unidentified outcast prowling  , would be tight . However it seemed Weems didn't think so.

        The next morning , Mortez woke up to Wednesday suffocating him with his own pillow before she ordered him to meet in her room.  When he arrived ,  "Tierra Rica" by Carmita Jiménez  was playing. Apperantly his assistance required him and Thing to set up the murder board she had set up.

             His morning immediately brightened when Enid graced him with her presence.  He flashed his most charming smile at the werewolf ,"Salutations Enid."

           "Hey Mortez!" The chirpiness on Enid's face quickly morphed into disgust and looked at the younger twin, "When I suggested giving your side of the room a makeover, I did not have Ted Bundy's Pinterest in mind. "

               "Still not as creepy as your stuffed unicorn collection." Wednesday replied - those things were horrendously and brightly  vivid.

              "Is this why you snuck out last night? "

             "Exactly." Mortez replied.

    "Mortez, Thing and I made an unsanctioned trip to the morgue to copy the files of the monster's victims. " She purposely excluded Galpin , not that she cared if Enid assumed the half human half outcast was getting into mischief with her and Mortez , it was no secret at Nevermore that if Tyler got into any trouble he would be immediately face expulsion.

          Wednesday just didn't feel inclined to tell her roommate he was involved because Enid for some insane reason  and a good number of Nevermore believed she was in a love triangle with Thorpe and Tyler and the ravenette would not want to listen to fuel Enid's delusions.

      The werewolf looked at Mortez who nodded with a smile , "Okay, there are so many levels of ew in that statement, I don't know where to begin. "

          "I need to get inside its head. Discover any patterns or anomalies. I've already made a big discovery. "

           Mortez frowned, "don't you mean we?"

             Wednesday ignored him going into detective mode like her character Viper , "
Turns out all of the monster's victims have had body parts surgically removed. The first one a kidney, the second a finger..."

             Mortez observed the color quickly fading from his beloved's face , "Enid are you ok? You seem a bit queasy."

           "Yeah, I don't feel too good. Wednesday... "

            Wednesday went on , "Third a gall bladder. And the bearded man from the meeting house, two toes. Do you understand what this means? "

              Mortez wasn't sure if she was addressing him or Enid but still replied nevertheless , "These murders aren't mindless. He's collecting trophies like a seasoned serial killer."

             Wednesday tilted her head in a sign of confirming her twin's theory , "It's impressive, actually. " Both twins found Enid had collasped onto the floor.

           Mortez tucked a strand of hair away from Enid's face smiling at her , "I don't think she could handle the excitement of our conversation."  For someone hailing from the lycanthropy community , Mortez was oddly amused by Enid.

         Wednesday eyed her roommate with a frown  "I didn't think werewolves would be so squirmish."  She turned her attention back to the board , "Thing.Fetch the smelling salts. Again. "

    "How's Ajax doing?"  Allen asked while putting on his jumper

            "He survives to see another day." Mortez smiled while taking care of the swarm of bees tasked to him.  "I do hope he doesn't petrify himself again as amusing as it was destoning him I would rather not go through that again."

                Before his little crime spree with Wednesday and Tyler , Mortez had found the Gorgon had petrified himself in their bathroom. Even with his expert and efficient tools , destoning Ajax was a long excruciating process that he had to require assistance from Allen and the other boys in Sliver Hall.

           "I agree there ," Jeri said while adjusting his dark shades. "That boy is good but damn he stones himself way too frequently than I can count."

              "Don't you have class?" Eugene asked the fang

.             "Don't you three ." The vampire retorted.

            Allen smiled and shook his head tending to his own hive, "Principal Weems let us skip because we have to collect the honey from the bees."

            "She's our biggest customer ." Eugene grinned .

                "Well ," Jeri shrugged , "I'm here to avoid this crazy chic whose hunting me."

                That got Mortez's attention , "hunting for what? Your fangs? A study and research about the antomoy of a vampire?"

              "No. She's been on my case since last week about asking me to the RaveN."

             "Oh." Mortez's disappointment was so evident it made Allen and Eugene chuckle . "Being Hunted for sport would have been more interesting."

              "I'm going to ask Enid if she's considering taking me as her escort."

        Once again , Mortez was impressed by Eugene's determination to win over Enid. He didn't know if it was determination or just delusion.
"Young Master Ottinger, I hardly doubt Enid has any intentions of ever becoming a cougar."

               "There isn't much of a age Gap between us." The younger boy refuted.

          Allen looked at Mortez wondering how to ask him to the dance exactly  , "so Mortez I assume you're going."

                Mortez raised a brow , "what would you give you that idea?" Dances were never his cup of tea and dash of poison. Besides a girl would have to ask him to this dance and although he would like to believe Enid would ask him the likelihood of that was  very low.

            "Oh," Allen scratched his neck awkardly, "I thought.. Wednesday's going. So you are too , since you guys are pretty much together all the time."

           The eldest child of Morticia and Gomez did a double take . "What made you think Wednesday's attending ?"

            "She's going with Xavier." Jeri replied instead.

               Mortez wasn't sure if he was hearing correctly , "I beg your pardon?"

           "She's going with Xavier. He wouldn't shut up about it ,"  Allen rolled his eyes on that , his cousin definitely had his ego boosted . "She asked him ."

            "And word is going round faster than the plague." Jeri said showing them all his phone. Mortez could barely decipher Enid's blog it really was incoherent to get through but from what he could read on the gossip site hjs little sister was indeed going to the dance with Xavier Thorpe of all people. One of the many people , Wednesday loathed.

               "That sounds odd of Wednesday to do." Eugene said.

                 Mortez shook his head looking a bit mortified , "hell must have frozen over."

       Mortez quickly turned on his heels making his way back to schools. He  looked around Nevermore or his twin and when she did , he found her sulking in her room  , the worst one she ever had. She looked like she had realized she had dug her own grave and now have to lie in it instead of shoving Pugsley in.

       "Care to elaborate why I heard from Allen , you're going to this RaveN with Xavier Thorpe?" Honestly he was half amused by the grown of dispair Wednesday produced but mostly out of curious. He hardly doubted Wednesday had lost her brain cells otherwise what logical reason would his sister avcelt going to a dance? That too with Allen's cousin of all people?

       Wednesday who was still sulking , regretting her life choices sat up from and turned to her twin , "Sometimes intentions melt in the face of unexpected see opportunity. It was my chance to get up close and personal with a potential serial killer," a smirk reached her pale face , " how could I refuse? "

           Mortez was genuinely confused , "Xavier ? A serial killer? Pugsley has a higher probablity of committing mass genocide with his dynamites. "

           "Don't insult my intelligence Mortez." Wednesday snapped at him , "Thorpe is hiding something. I snuck into his art studio , he has various paintings of the reptilian monster . Also I noticed a gush on his neck , one that was caused by very sharp tanlons. Unless Tyler got angry and went Hyde on him , I believe Thorpe is connected to that monster."

         Mortez placed a hand under his chin looking deep in thought it oddly reminded Wednesday of their father immediately. It was most terribly  horrific how uncanny the  resemblance between them was.

              "But why ask him to the dance?"

      "I had no other alternatives." Just the mere reminder of the memory made her want to stab her eye out. The annoying smile on Xavier Thorpe's face when she asked him was  stuck in her head. The fact she inflated his ego made her want to strangle the Thorpe boy.

        Sensing his twin's discomfort , Mortez smirked ; he really wished he had been there to see . "I'm sure it wasn't easy on your end little sister."

         Wednesday could hear the mocking in her brother's voice ,  "Don't. Patronize. Me."

         Mortez was making a pitstop to his room when Edwin, one of Enid's brothers came up to him with Connor.

     "Hey Mortez!" The shabby werewolf said. "How're you doing?"

            "I'm fine. "He noticed them carrying some boxes. "What do you have there ."

             "Oh these?" Edwin flashed a grin so with teeth so white it was almost blinding . "These are for the RaveN we're on decorating committee."

               "Ugh. Is everyone just going to be talking about this the whole day?"  Mortez was beginning to get fed up with the topic.

                "Well , it is one of the litest events ," Connor said earning a nod from Edwin. "But if it discomforts you , how about another discussion. Like joining the Night Shades."

                 Mortez scolwed , "My sister and I already explained we have no interest  joining your cult."

                "We are not a cult."  Edwin huffed.

          "Look," the buffer of the werewolves said looking around for any prying ears before looking at Mortez , "just consider the offer alright? Think about it . Like Bianca said we're a elite social club and you are literally a legacy your parents were members."

            "Tyler's also a legacy ," Mortez neatly adjusted his tie , "his mom was a student and member of the fencing club with my mother , why are you so fixated on only me and Wednesday."

          Connor and Edwin exchanged a look before the former spoke , "I personally like you more than your sister and I'm she'll stab me I ask her to join."

         "Most likely."

       "Tyler , it's complicated , it would be awkward to ask him to join given what went down between him and Xavier." Edwin said.

              That got Mortez's attention , "color me intrigue. Go on."

          Connor cut off the shabby werewolf before he could speak, "doesn't matter. Just consider the Night Shades will you. It won't hurt to think about it. If you refuse we won't bother you."

           Mortez watched as the ywo werewolves left. He remembered the wst his mother had been excited on the prospect of him and Wednesday being approached by the group. However he doubted his mother would still be happy once she learnt her old club was nothing from what she remembered it to be.

        The twins , in an effort to escape the RaveN fever  that had seemed to have plagued their school made their way into Jericho on their way to meet the sheriff.  Wednesday had shown Mortez a composite sketch of the reptilian monster - one of the many she had seen in Thorpe's shack. They decided they were going to pull in all msn power if yhey were to find this particular species of the Outcast community.

               "Wednesday Mortez hey."

          Mortez put up his most pretentious smile when Kinbott addressed them , "Doc. What are you doing in Uriah heap?"

            "collecting more exotic trinkets for your office?" Wednesday added .

           "Those are souvenirs from my travels. That's how I step outside of my comfort zone. " The blonde explained and looked at them with excitement , "Speaking of which, are you both going to the Rave'N this weekend? " She then gestured to the black dress looking at Wednesday, "That dress will certainly turn some heads."

      Mortez  saw the dress on display and sd much as it tasted like poison on his tongue , Kinbott was correct. The dress would surprisingly fit his little sister.

            He was about to respond but Wednesday beat him to it as if reading his mind  , " we're not required to answer your questions out in the wild, are we?"

       Kinbott merely smiled at them , " I look forward to talking about it at our next session."

               Mortez turned to Wednesday with a scowl on his face while adjusting his suit , "I still don't like her."

              "Same."

       The Addams twins then matched over to the sheriff's office. They both barged in as if they owned the place.

       "Mr and Ms Addams. What can I do for you?" The Sheriff looked at them as if they ruined his entire day. This made Mortex smile.

         "We both know that there's a monster out there. " Wednesday said before snapping her fingers at her brother.

             Mortez understood and displayed the picture of said monster on his desk , "If we're going to stop it, I think it's time we put our differences aside and work together." He said

            The sheriff eyed them both suscipiously whilst observing the drawing , "And this is your stake for me to deal you in? I'm sorry, you two gotta do better than that. You got some nice detail though.

          " I didn't draw it." Mortez said.

      "And neither did I." Wednesday added.

         "  I need to know who did."

          " Unless we're exchanging intel, neithter of us are  not at liberty to say. " The twins said in unison.

       The man looked at them with barely concealed irritation on his face ,"Why would I share information about an ongoing murder investigation with a high school kids?"

         Mortez smirked , "how about  because we go to Nevermore and you don't."

                 "Don't you want eyes and ears behind those ivy-covered walls? To confirm that it's not really your son whose doing this?" Wednesday said knowing the last part purposely struck a nerve in the man. She knew the Sheriff wouldn't risk his son and reputation if meant light being shaded on the actual Dangerous monster that was not a Hyde.

           "Listen, Bobbeys why don't you  stick to your homework and leave investigating to the professionals"

          "Professionals rarely get the job done , it's why they are so many unsolved cases and counting ." Mortez said engaging in an intense stare off

        The Sheriff sighed , "Hey, Addams. Let me see that sketch again."

             Mortez smiled and left the drawing with the sheriff . He and Wednesday left his office .

           "I don't think Tyler will be too happy to know we made a detour to his father." Mortez frowned , Tyler was determined to clear himself and Hydes  all by himself without his father's input.

           "  Galpin will be fine." Wednesday said walking faster , "this will be a good lesson for him if he's sleuthing with us ; It's neccessary to be objective in your investigations."

               The Addam twins made another detour but this time to the Hummer's shade fortunately Eugene was the only one present.

          "Not one word. " Wednesday warned the younger boy referring to her murder board, " Enid wouldn't let me keep this in our dorm. "

          "No worries. Mi colmena es su colmena. " Eugene said and Mortez smiled when he sliently translated the words , "I assume this is the creature that's been rampaging in the woods."

       Mortez was surprised to hear the boy knew about this , " You've heard about it before? "

         Eugene shrugged , "Rumors. Mr. Fitts banned me from bug-hunting until further notice. Claimed a bear was on the loose, which I knew was a lie. Didn't match their hibernation schedules."

            "Of course ," Wednesday said this time looking at the murder board and the bodies of the mutilated vicitms. Only fools would believe a bear would attack during this time of the year , and they were bigger fools to believe a bear can cause such glorious Carnage. What was this reptilian creature that saved her and Mortez from Rowan.

        "Speaking of monsters with sharp claws, could you give this to your roomie? Put in a good word for me? I hear she's still sans date for the Rave'N."

           Mortez shook his head while Wednesday looked at the honey jar with skeptism. "Eugene." The ravenette said but her eyes were clear enough to explain everything.

          "I know the chances of her asking me are next to zero, but I don't care. I'll keep putting myself out there until Enid finally... sees me."

       " And if she never does? " Mortez couldn't help ask. Oddly enough he was in the same boat regarding his feelings .

         The younger smiled , "She will. I'm playing the long game. My moms say people will appreciate me when I'm older. They're probably just trying to make me feel better, but... ,"

         "Listen, people like me and you, we're different." Wednesday said glancing at her brother who was also under Enid's lovespell too . She had to remind him who they were . " We're original thinkers, intrepid outliers in this vast cesspool of adolescence. The three of us  don't need these inane rites of passage to validate who we are. "

         Eugene adjusted his glasses ,   "I thought you were going with Allen's cousin Xavier ?"

         "It's not like I like Thorpe. " That would never happen in her life time , "I just have ulterior motives. Sketches are the closest thing I have to a lead to try and stop this thing."

       "That circle... I think I know where that is. "

        The twins stared at Eugene I'm shock and spoke in sync as always , "Show us. "

         The three arrived at some cave Eugene had directed them to. It looked like the same one from Xavier's sketch.

         " I'm not a huge fan of enclosed spaces. I'm claustrophobic." Eugene said but Mortez could see the boy was also scared of the darkness of the cave which made it all alluring .

        "Don't worry young master Ottinger. If you hear us screaming bloody murder

"there's a good chance we're just enjoying myself. "Wednesday finished .

             The twins made their way inside the cave shining their sources of light around the cave.

         " This is definitely its lair." Wednesday said.

          "Are those human? " Eugene asked referring to the many bones around them.

   "No, I think it's got a taste for venison."

         Mortez was hit with deja vu the more he examined the cave and his suscipions were proven right when he saw chains. "Wednesday. This cave...it's the one from my vision."

           Wednesday noticed the awestruck expression on his face ,  "What vision?"

       "I told you once I found the monster's claw marks against a tree. When I touched them it pulled me into a vision."

          "Oh I remember that." Eugene said , "Enid had called Allen and I when you started shaking ."

            "Exactly." Mortez said , he further recalled that vision had let him see through the monster's eyes as well.

         Wednesday hummed thoughtfully recalling Mortez telling her this particular detail Was his premonition of this cave one of the past or was it this event they were living.

            "You're absolutely sure this is the cave you saw?"

        "Affirmative." He replied shinging his light on the chains , "why would there be a need for those? Unless to mannacle someone or something."

          "Guys." They all turned around when they saw Allen standing outside the cave , "what are you doing in there?"

        "Not a word." Wednesday ordered Eugene who quickly nodded.

    "Thing." Mortez called out to the appendage who tapped out his bag once it was clear." I need you to deliver this to Tyler, going by the time , He's most likely  at the weathervane." He gave the hand a piece of paper.

         Your sister will kill you  Thing gestured

          A small smile of accomplishment  painted itself on Mortez's face , "I know."

I know I know I've not worked on this story in months but I've been so versed in writing Kdrama fanfictions and writing for a particular fandom gets boring sometimes. Anyway , hope you enjoy this chapter .

For those unaware, The Bobbsey Twins  are siblings  who solve mysteries and are pretty young. They were books for clarity sake and two sets of twins , the older twins Nan and Bert   , the younger twins , Freddie and Flossie .

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

91.5K 1.9K 13
"What's your favourite colour Isabella Addams? And don't give me some bullshit by saying black." "My favourite colour isn't Black, crusty the clown...
17.1K 587 23
A fairy and a vampire becoming a duo no one saw coming, not even them. WEDNESDAY SEASON 1-? OC x OC (little bit of Tyler) Very losely follows plot
84.1K 2K 23
the Addams's and Grayson's always had a strong bond and Wednesday Addams and Y/N Grayson have been close since they were babies After Y/N's parents w...
37K 1.5K 14
In which a Stoner and a Werewolf fall in love whilst trying to defeat a murderer. Or Where Alina accidentally confesses to her crush while high on E...