Elysian

By Elijahtheshagger

From the outside Juliet Kingston seems to have the perfect life. She has popularity, beauty and a famous dad... More

Characters <3
Playlist
Masquerade
Fate
Devine intervention
The calm before the storm
Like father like daughter
Lamb to the slaughter
Red handed
Deja vu
Deadline
Comfort zone
The promise
Downhill
Breaking point
Falsity
Veracity
Almost
Close quarters
Four down
Last friday night
Pulling back the curtain
Realisation
Regrets
Bail
Escape
Paranoia
Bejewelled
Panicked
Revenge
Trial
Intimacy
Outcome
Time's up
Crimson
Confessions
Epilogue

Upstate

16.7K 399 106
By Elijahtheshagger

"Wait here," I tell Dex, entering Juliet's room and shutting the door behind me. 

Juliet lays asleep on top of the light grey sheets, her body illuminated by the bright fluorescent lights above. 

"Family member?" A voice questions, startling me. My eyes were so trained on Juliet that I didn't even notice that there was someone else in here.

"Yeah," I lie, now making eye contact with the nurse. She furrows her eyebrows, looking me up and down.

"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to see some evidence, due to the nature of this patient's status there may be people impersonating relatives," She says suspiciously, beginning to adjust Juliet's bandages.

I stand completely bewildered for a moment, not having thought of a solid lie.

"I'm her brother," I blurt out, not sounding very believable. "I know of the Kingston family and I also know that Juliet is an only ch-" She begins but I cut her off rudely.

"Listen," I state, approaching closer. "There's nothing you could do to make me leave this room so just get on with your job and pretend i'm not here okay?" I suggest, my voice laced with hostility.

"Okay," She nods begrudgingly. I hum in approval before walking over to Juliet's bed and collapsing into the chair next to it.

"Fill me in," I request bluntly, still staring at Juliet's peaceful looking face. The nurse sighs heavily before replying, "Miss Kingston lost a lot of blood so she underwent a blood transfusion," She explains, still adjusting her bandages.

"Additionally, two of her ribs were cracked due to the cpr she received so we've bandaged her abdomen in order to stop them from moving," She concludes.

"So she's going to be okay?" I ask, that being the only answer I need. 

"Physically she should heal pretty quickly," She nods. "Her mental health will be the priority when she wakes up, she will be sectioned," She adds. 

"What?" I question, feeling the anger rising. I knew Juliet would need help but it never occurred to me to have her sent to a psych ward. Her going away for god knows how long fills me with anxiety, call me selfish but I don't want to ever let her out of my sight after this.

"Personally I think our therapy service and being surrounded by friends and family would benefit her more but Mr Kingston specifically requested our facility in Coventry," She reveals, the distaste in her voice evident at the mention of Marco.

"What?" I repeat, much louder this time. "He should be in fucking prison why is he still able to dictate what happens to her?" I question angrily. 

"I agree but the rumours have no solid evidence yet and if he hasn't been charged there's nothing we can do," She says regretfully, packing up her supplies.

"But Juliet is eighteen, an adult so can't she be in charge of her own care?" I question, hoping that if she wanted to go to a facility she'd choose one closer to London.

"Under the Mental Health Act she can legally be made to attend any facility her father sees fit," She hurriedly explains before rushing out the door to her next patient.

"Her father is a piece of shit he shouldn't be deciding anything," I yell after her, not being able to control my anger.

I suck in a sharp breath and sit utterly still when I notice that my shouting has caused Juliet to stir.  She shifts around for a few moments, trying to get comfortable on top of the scratchy sheets. 

She eventually gives up, her eyes peeling open. 

Her eyes, slightly squinted under the harsh lights scan the room in confusion before landing on me. "Carter?" She questions, her voice quiet and croaky.

"Yeah," I sigh. "I'm sorry for waking you," I apologise, leaning over to peck her forehead. "It's okay," She yawns, a confused expression still adorning her face.

"Why am I-" She begins but abruptly stops her sentences when her eyes are drawn to her bandaged wrists. "Oh," She whispers, staring down at them.

I remain silent, being unsure if she's ready to speak about it. 

"How did I get here?" She asks, her voice wobbly as she avoids looking at me. "I found you in your bathroom and called an ambulance," I fudge the truth a little, leaving out the whole being arrested part.

This information seems to shock her as she immediately lifts her head, her teary eyes now looking directly into mine.

"I'm sorry," She whispers, her lip quivering. 

"Don't apologise," I tell her sternly, squeezing her hand. "I just wish you would have talked to me," I say, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

In reality I'm a little angry at her, I can't help it. It feels shit knowing she'd rather end her life than talk to me or anyone else but the reasonable side of me realises that it's not her fault, she needs help.

"I would have never wanted you to find me like that it's just-" She rushes out but her sentence is interrupted by a sob racking through her body.

Feeling the overwhelming need to comfort her, I sit beside her and pull her into my chest. Her head is nestled into my shirt for over five minutes until eventually her cries turn into sniffles.

"I'm sorry I put you through that," She says quietly, her head leaning against my chest. "Stop apologising," I scold. "Just don't do that to me again Kingston," I sigh, cradling her shaking body.

Our moment is interrupted by the door swinging open and three unnecessarily loud boys piling in. I immediately shift away from Juliet, not wanting them to see us so close.

"My god it's like a war zone out there," Sylus exclaims, motioning towards the hallway. "Yeah Jules there's paparazzi outside of your dad's room, we had to barge past them," Dex elaborates, slightly out of breath.

"My dad's room?" Juliet repeats, her eyebrows knotting together in confusion. "Ermm," Dex trails off, standing awkwardly like an idiot.

"Carter kinda beat up your dad," Jayden interjects, a sheepish smile adorning his face. "You what?"Juliet asks, her head snapping towards me.

"He got what was coming to him," I roll my eyes. "Carter you shouldn't have done that," She replies anxiously. 

"I won't apologise, I'd do it again," I tell her bluntly.

"You could have gotten arrested and thrown in jail," She scoffs, the underlying worry evident in her voice. 

I glare at the boys, silently telling them not to utter a word. I don't want Juliet to know I was arrested because I know she'd feel bad about my friend having to drop almost thirty grand on getting me out.

"Well I didn't so.." I shrug. "Alls well that ends well," I say sarcastically. She rolls her eyes at me, making a small smile tug at the corners of my lips.

The boys make themselves at home, spreading out over the other armchair as well as the small sofa under the window.

I was nervous at first, unsure if Juliet would want to see anyone so soon but she seems to be doing good as she energetically talks with them. 

Nobody is mentioning the reason we're here or the fact that her bandaged wrists lay openly in view, we all just ignore it. 

I want so desperately to ask her what she was thinking or question her about her dad but my mouth remains shut because even though I don't have a lot, I possess enough emotional intelligence to know that now is not the time.

We mindlessly chat about anything and everything for an hour and I mentally thank the boys each time any of them makes Juliet laugh. At first I was trying to distract Juliet from the situation but I soon figured out that talking to her distracts me. 

When I'm with her I don't feel that intense need to smoke to calm my nerves, it's almost as if she does that herself.

"Hello?" A nurse opens the door, peaking her head through. "Oh good you're awake," She smiles, approaching the bed.

"The hospital is extremely busy and we need to free up beds, so since you're stable we're going to transfer you tonight," She explains, flicking through her clipboard.

"So I can go home?" Juliet asks, the nurses phrasing confusing her. Wanting to tell Juliet this information in a more gentle way, I go to motion to the nurse to stop talking but before I can she opens her mouth again.

"No you're going to be transferred to our mental facility up in Coventry, it has a great psych ward," She elaborates.

"What?" Juliet questions, her voice slightly raised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 36 12
Vienna Laurier-Rhodes moves to Miami with her dad for a fresh start after her mothers death. What happens when no matter how hard she tries the schoo...
8.6K 324 25
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Simone is another victim of the system who ran from foster home to foster home, due to the mistakes of her mother and fathe...
221K 7K 29
❝𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯, 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦...
212K 5.8K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...