My Heart & Soul || Sebastian...

By Rivey778

cross-posted on ao3 @mrssallow "I thought this would be nostalgic. There's barely anyone on the grounds so we... More

hi!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Note!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Note :)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Note :))
Chapter 29
another note lol
Chapter 31
note
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Note
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Note!!!!!
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 30

1.2K 26 13
By Rivey778

(feral, that's all I have to say)

August 18th,

                                                                      --Sebastian's POV--

Summer had always been my more favorable season. It was the only time of year when Anne, Ominis, and I spent our hours on countless adventures. We would stay up until the sun rose playing with spells or telling stories. We could pick wild berries from around Feldcroft, and even sometimes Anne would make some sort of dessert out of them.

Now, I am not only reminded of those long-gone memories, but that isn't the only reason Summer is not my favorite anymore.

The trees change from their bright green shade to their light orange and yellow pigment. The flowers begin to dry out, so does the grass, and the air drops from its alarming, high heat, to a soft, cool breeze. Reminding me of her.

The first time I met her was in the fall. When I thought I didn't care for the carved pumpkins that were scattered throughout the school and Hogsmeade, or the piles of leaves that were raked by the house elves, that feeling went away when she embodied the season.

Her eyes held the palette of colors that rested upon the mountains, and her warmth resembled the leaves on each tree.

It was during those months in the fifth year that I found myself battling the idea that she had swooned me. That finally after all of these years, a girl had finally claimed my once cold heart.

Maybe it was just the love that was making me believe this, making me reside a season with her. But as I sit here in the middle of the autumn breeze, I sense that every leaf that blows in front of me carries a small part of her. That she is the season itself. She is the warmth that people claim to have after eating or drinking anything that contains pumpkin. She is the laugh that children howl when asking for candy on the 31st of October. She is the beauty of nature when its plants begin changing colors.

Fall was approaching quickly this year. I was still expecting summer to be in full swing for at least another week or two. I wasn't complaining though, now each moment that I sat outside I could feel her presence even though she was miles away.

"Hey, Ominis?" I called out to the blonde-haired boy who sat a few feet in front of me.

"Hm?" He turned his head toward my direction.

I found it a little funny that we had a routine. Wake up, eat breakfast, sit outside for a few hours, eat lunch, read or practice spells, sit outside again, have dinner, then sleep. 

If Anne were here, she would call us old men. 

"Do you recall when I took Y/n, on that date last month?" 

"Yes, I do"

I cleared my throat, feeling the rush of uneasiness soak through my skin as I began to relive that night.

"And when we had that encounterment with that man..."

"I remember that as well, yes?"

His fingers traced over the small lengths of grass and picked at their ends. Like he was using that as a distraction during my small pauses. 

"The...man, who attacked Y/n, do you think there are more like him that will be after her?"

Ominis sighed as he heard the expression of worry behind my voice. 

"Hard to say, really. If there are, I wouldn't take them to be as, confident, as that man was, considering it is known how well-trained Y/n is" 

I nodded, hoping that he is right. Hoping that, that man who attacked her was made of pure stupidity and just acted on the moment when he saw us. 

"Another thing..." I added. His head turned from its titled position that was angled at the sky, now toward my hesitant face.

"And what might that be, Sebastian?" His hands paused their movements with the grass. 

"I didn't tell her who he was with, I-I couldn't bring myself to let her worry anymore." It felt like my words echoed through the small village. 

Ominis held a blank expression while nodding his head slowly, "I don't blame you for that, just wish you would have told me sooner because what if I would have mentioned it to her?"

I sighed in relief as Ominis rarely agreed with my decisions. He always was the one to think about his choices whereas I acted out immediately on mine.

"Yeah, I know" 

"I wouldn't worry too much about it Sebastian." He paused, parting his lips before speaking again, " It's best to let her live in a state of innocence so she can focus on the things that are important right now. Which will then allow her to finally have a normal year at Hogwarts." 

"That's what I was thinking" 

I felt a bit of tension rise off of my shoulders since Ominis agreed with my decision to not tell her, finally we see eye to eye on something.

"But"

I knew it was coming.

"If it gets worse, if someone else tries you or her again, you must tell her."

I cringed at the thought of speaking his name to Y/n. I hated being the barrier of bad news, let alone to her.

"Okay" 

"Okay?" he questioned

"Mhm"

"Hm" he rose his eyebrows, "Didn't expect you to agree so quickly on that"

I chuckled lightly, "Well, you are finally right about something Ominis"

I watched as his eyebrows scrunched together and his eyes squint. He did that on occasions when he was upset or so confused that he would get frustrated.

"I'm taking a nap" he spoke blankly while now laying on his back.

Though Ominis and I did bicker a lot, I was still grateful for him, I put him through hell and back, and he was still here. So was Y/n. I couldn't understand why both of them were still by my side, why they chose to accompany my presence, but I was nonetheless thankful.

                                                                                    --Y/n's POV--

I better have passed this bloody damn quiz.

I sat at the end of the hall, where the charms classroom was. I found myself continuing to wipe the nervous sweat from my palms onto the hem of my skirt while I waited impatiently for Professor Weasley to grade my O.W.L'S. 

"You passed, calm yourself" I whispered as I rested my head along the cold stone wall.

I had been studying my ass off for this test, hoping and wishing that I'd pass with the little knowledge that I was able to gather upon my return back to school.

"Waiting for your results, I presume?" 

A cocky tone interrupted my nervous spiral.

Garreth now was standing above me, his hands were placed on his lips while a small grin was plastered along his freckled face.

I sighed, laying my head back on the wall.

"Yes, been waiting for too long"

He laughed, now sitting on the bench that was beside me.

"We only finished an hour ago, it'll probably take them all day, or the next, or..." He spoke in a remarking tone.

I rolled my eyes, "Weasley I don't need your negativity at the moment" I placed my palms on the side of my legs as I slid them down from their bent position.

He raised his hands, "Sorry, just telling you" he smiled still.

I blinked, holding my eyelids shut for a moment before opening them again.

"Do you think you passed?" I turned my head toward him.

"Who knows, maybe, maybe not" 

"Well did you try?" I shook my head.

He laughed again, " Um- does using my wizardly intuition count as trying?" 

I laughed, nervously, "We'll see" 

He squinted his eyes, "You're clearly worried that, you, didn't pass"

I shrugged, "Well I did have to cram nearly 6 months' worth of lessons into only 3 months" 

He looked away for a moment, and a look of pity grew on his face. 

"I think you did alright, you are the Hogwarts hero." He smiled, pushing my arm.

I let another laugh escape from me, "I feel like you are the only person on the entire grounds who even calls me that" 

"I did come up with it" 

I furrowed my eyebrows while turning my face back toward him. 

"You did?" I spoke in confusion. I never put into much thought who came up with the nickname, but Garreth being the one who did never crossed my mind, even if he did always call me that. 

"Mhm, and you like it so that's all that matters" his voice echoed as the livelihood of the hall began to simmer down.

"Says who?" I titled my head.

"Says the smile on your face when I call you that" His eyes scanned my face.

I placed my hands over my mouth, covering the friendly smile that I once had. 

"What smile?" 

He chuckled, "Suppose it's gone then, Y/n"

"Miss Y/l/n, and-oh! Garreth." A low voice called out.

I turned my head toward the words, noticing Prof Weasley walking out of the charms classroom.

Garreth and I stood up quickly as she began approaching us.

A large smile grew on her face as she held two papers in her hands.

"Your grades" She spoke in a low tone, handing us the parchment.

"You both did quite well" She smiled, "But, next year won't be as easy." she rose her eyebrows.

"Yes professor" I nodded, holding the paper toward my chest.

"Garreth, suppose your mother will be happy" She nodded before turning away from the two of us.

Garreth turned toward me, "Well? You're going to have a look aren't you?"

"Oh-yes" I nodded, now looking down toward the paper.

PASSED (94)

A smile grew on my face as cheer began to flood my body. The once nervous sweat, evaporated away as my hands grasped the passing quiz.

"I take it that you passed?" 

My eyes turned to the boy, "I indeed did" I sighed with relief as a large grin grew over my lips.

He darted his eyes down toward his paper, "So did I, barely" he turned his paper toward me.

PASSED (71)

"Hey, you still passed" I spoke with enthusiasm.

"Must we celebrate with butterbeer then?" 

For some reason I found myself frozen at his question, "Oh, um." I stuttered. "I'd love that but unfortunately I can't leave the grounds, right now..."I looked away.

"Hm" he hummed, "In trouble I take it?"

I laughed, "No-no. I had a run-in with a poacher, or a thief, whatever it was, last month."

"Oh-I'm sorry to hear that. You managed to escape in one piece though? I don't see why they won't let you leave." 

"Well, thanks to Sebastian I was. But you know how Black and Weasley are."

"Sebastian? Sebastian Sallow?"

His voice was full of confusion and his facial expressions screamed it as well.

"Yes?" I spoke in confusion.

He stood silent for a moment while he thought of what to say next.

"I'm confused" I laughed.

"Well I just didn't know that you two were hanging out like that again" 

"Garreth?" I laughed, "We're dating" 

He rose his eyebrows as a look of shock drew over him, "Oh..." he trailed, "Sorry, I didn't know that"

I was confused by this entire interaction, I also could have sworn that I told him.

"Yeah," I spoke, still holding the awkward smile.

"Well, cheers to the both of you then" he smiled, "Anyways" he rubbed the back of his head. "Suppose you will find a way to celebrate without leaving?"

"I'll manage to" I smiled lightly, "You still go though" I patted the side of his arm.

His eyes watched my hand before looking back toward my face, " Maybe I can manage to sneak you one back" he smirked.

"That'd be lovely, considering how many times I have snuck items for your 'brews'. " I joked.

-

October 13th, Fifth Year

"What is going on between you and Sallow?" Natty nudged my arm

"Hm?" I rose my face from the book that I was just buried in.

She had a playful grin written across her face, "What?" I laughed nervously while looking around the flying class lawn.

Her eyes batted toward our right, and I followed. Sebastian Sallow stood next to the summoner's court platform, beside Ominis. His eyes were scanning over me, looking down at the book that was resting in my hands, then back to my face.

A small laugh escaped from Natty once he and I locked eye contact, but he looked away.

"He's been eyeing you since Professor Ronen brought us out here" She smiled and then looked down.

"Well," I paused, feeling an odd heat rise onto my cheeks, "Probably because a few days ago we had that run-in with goblins," I spoke, brushing off the tension.

"Oh please Y/n, even before then he could never keep his eyes off of you."

"Well, then maybe because I was the reason he got detention" I spoke with a fake smile before looking back down to my book.

There was no denying that Sebastian stared a lot, and also no denying that it made me feel a certain way.

"And he has never gotten detention for someone before" 

My eyes quickly unlocked from my book and back to her. She still had that playful smile on her face, and she rose her eyebrows like she had just made a good point.

"Natty, I don't know what it is that you are trying to get at, but it isn't anything in, that, way."

She sounded another laugh before looking towards Sebastian's direction, and then back to me.

"And he's staring again" She teased.

I kept my head down, trying to conceal the smile that my face wanted to put on. It was already bad enough how much I was blushing.

"Then let him" I kept my eyes on the book, pretending to act as if I didn't care.

-

"And remember class, please study for your quiz this Friday!" Professor Ronen's voice echoed through the room as students hurried to gather their items. 

"Y/n!" A voice called from behind me as I rushed to be the first who left the room. 

I stopped outside the door, turning to meet whoever was calling for me.

Ominis was approaching me quickly, holding his glowing red wand while Sebastian walked slowly behind him.

"M-may I have a moment with you?" He spoke lowly. My eyes shot toward Sebastian who now stood beside him. He rose his eyebrows while darting his eyes to him, signaling for me to say yes.

"Um-sure" I nodded.

Ominis and I hadn't gotten off on the best start. The last time I had spoken with him, he was quite upset about the entire Undercroft situation, and honestly, I felt like he hated me for it. 

Ominis walked me to a corner of the hall, stopping right under a large painting.

"I wanted to apologize" he spoke first, his voice was soft and he seemed saddened. 

"Apologize? For what?" I scrunched my eyebrows.

"For getting so...ill with you, about the Undercroft. I shouldn't have gotten so upset when Sebastian was the one who showed you it." 

"Ominis, you don't have to apologize. I can understand why you were upset, I mean it is your families after all."

"Yes, I know. But you didn't ask to be shown it. And I trust that you won't tell anyone." 

I bit the bottom of my lip as I watched Ominis keep his head pointed toward the ground. For some reason, I felt somewhat guilty.

 Ominis always kept to himself, he was quiet, and the only person I ever saw him interact with was Sebastian. So I couldn't help but feel upset that he was the one who revealed their secret room, especially considering I was just some new girl who he barely knew.

"I won't, Ominis" 

I soothed, but then my concentration was cut off by the feeling of another presence. 

I turned my head seeing that Sebastian was standing across the hall from us, watching.

"Did Sebastian say something to you?" I spoke, confusion was blasting in my tone and smitten on my face.

"Well yes, but I can understand why. I was out of line."

Curiosity sparked through me.

"I don't understand," I spoke slowly.

He sighed, "Sebastian and I agreed that I was out of line when I confronted you, considering he was the one who showed you the Undercroft."

"Oh-" I paused, "Ominis it's fine, I know you mean well." I smiled. 

He smiled after my words and a sigh of relief escaped from him.

"Good, I'm glad we could settle things. It would have been awkward considering you are always with Sebastian now."

"Yeah," I laughed.

"Well, it was nice talking with you Y/n, I'm sure that we can catch up later." 

"Yeah, yeah definitely Ominis" I nodded. He walked away toward Sebastian.

Sebastian looked at me, smiling a reassuring smile before they walked away together.

The school year was only a little over a month in, and Merlin has it already ran me for my galleons. 

From fighting spiders, trolls, poachers, thieves, and goblins to uncovering the Map chamber and speaking to a 'keeper', to making many new friends, and learning that I withhold ancient magic.

After Fig and I uncovered the map chamber and learned what my magic truly was, he has been quite stern that I don't let anyone distract me while we begin completing my trials. 

Of course, at first, it was easy to obey that, but after some time I have learned that it isn't going to be easy anymore.

I had promised too many people that I'd help them with their issues or accompany them on their quests. It felt as if I was juggling too much weight, but it was too late to stop now. 

Not only was that weighing on my mind so heavily, but- so was something else...

Ever since that night with Sebastian in the restricted section, I've found myself feeling, odd. 

Maybe I just admired him for taking the fall for a girl he barely knew, or perhaps it was something...more.

I don't know why, but every time I catch him looking at me I find myself becoming nervous or blushing, the same goes for when he speaks to me.

It is odd, to say the least.

 All because he got detention, for me.

Present time, August 19th

*Whistle*

I awoke to the sound and movement of Hamlin bringing me a letter. I assumed it to be from Sebastian since that is how he always started my mornings, with a letter.

Hamlin landed beside me on my bed, whistling again as I rubbed my fingers over his soft feathers.

Though I was used to his letters, I still found myself rushing with excitement and adrenaline as I gently tore the envelope.

Y/n, 

I'm beginning to count down the days until I'm back at Hogwarts with you. Who knew I'd be so excited to sit in bloody potions again?

Are the trees changing colors at the school yet? They are here in Feldcroft, and I can't help but let it remind me of you, darling.

I miss you, and I hope you have a day that is just as great as you are.

Yours,

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Only 12 more days, not too much longer. 

I passed my O.W.L.S with a 94! I wanted to celebrate with Garreth over Butterbeers, but Professor Weasley still has me on lockdown until further notice. How shameful.

I can't wait to see you.

Y/n

Hamlin took the letter and flew off into the halls like he did every morning. 

Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled to finally be living the life of a normal teenage girl. I had an amazing boyfriend, great friends, and was finally passing my classes. 

But for some reason, I had this itch inside of me to venture out again. I don't want to say it was the necklace since I hadn't seen it glow at all recently, but I also didn't want to put it on the magic either. Maybe it was me since I do have a lot of ambition to always wonder and I only ever did that during battles.

It was odd, and it seemed to only grow more and more every day.  I would daydream about wandering through the forbidden forest, killing spiders and dark mongrels. Sometimes I'd even daydream back to the first months of this year when I hunted down Crafield and his men. I'd reminisce on the feeling of revenge and how it made my magic feel ten times stronger.

I wanted to ask if it was normal to feel this way, but what if I did and I was deemed as crazy or potentially dangerous? What if they sent me away again? So, I convinced myself that it is normal. 

-

                                                           --Sebastian's POV--

"Weasley?" 

I gripped the parchment tighter as I read the name.

"Did you say something?" Ominis called from the other side of the cottage.

I sighed, placing the paper down beside me. I placed my palms on the side of my face while leaning forward, thinking of why out of all people, Garreth fucking Weasley was the one she considered celebrating with.

Had they gotten close over the summer? Somehow I didn't even think to ask her once who she was spending her time with during the day. How could I be so ignorant?

Who knows how many times he has flirted with her and she was too innocent to even understand. Weasley didn't care though, he was that type. A Weasley. Hell, if he knew we were together he'd still try and make a move.

"What's the matter?" Ominis broke my train of thought.

"Nothing" I pushed the paper to the side of the bed, allowing myself to lay back on it.

"It is definitely something"

I sighed, then stayed silent for a few moments.

"I'm jealous" 

Ominis let out a small laugh, "Oh? Of what?" 

I sighed again, "Garreth, Weasley."

"He's been talking to Y/n I assume."

"Yep. Inviting her to Butterbeers, actually." I rubbed my temples, straining myself at that thought.

"I'm sure it's nothing, Sebastian. You do tend to overreact."

"Overreact? It's Garreth fucking Weasley we're talking about here. The scum definitely believes he has a chance with Y/n, and he's the type to try no matter what." I sat back up, feeling myself become angry again.

"Well you trust Y/n, so trust that she would turn him down."

"It's not that simple"

"Why not?"

I stayed silent for a moment, trying to come up with an answer.

"Because it isn't" 

Ominis shook his head, letting out a loud huff.

"You worry me more than you know Sallow"

Who wouldn't blame me for feeling like this? Y/n was mine, not Garreth's, mine. Of course I'm going to be jealous, I know Y/n attracts many, that was something I have to deal with when with a girl as beautiful as her, but I still didn't like it. If I could, I would have every man up who even tries, and Garreth would be first.

There was just something about him I couldn't shake. Maybe it was how overly confident he was when he was actually incredibly stupid. Or how he just straight-up lacked any common sense when it came to anything.

"Suppose I'll say something to him then" 

"Sebastian don't do that. You don't know how to just, say something. Like what happened with Prewett, for example"

I shrugged, "I don't really care"

-

                                                                   --Y/n's POV--

"You do need supplies soon...suppose you make me a list and I can send Deek to fetch some in Hogsmeade?" Weasley chimed through the cluttered classroom.

"But Professor Weasley, I'd like to go like how I had in the fifth year," I spoke with a begging tone as my eyebrows lowered.

She sighed, then clasped her hands together.

"I understand, Miss Y/l/n, but do understand why we are taking such precautions." 

"Professor Weasley, it can be safe!" I spoke with hope, "You can accompany me, and-" I paused, thinking, "We could even have Sebastian tag along again." I smiled.

She expressed a face of pity like it was hard for her to say no.

Another sigh left her again, "I suppose...maybe that could work."

I clenched my hands in excitement, flashing a large smile.

"I can find a day this week that will work for the both of us, I will owl Mr.Sallow and let you know." She nodded.

"Thank you Professor Weasley" I smiled again, now beginning to walk out of the room.

The first day back was inching closer, some professors had already returned back to get ready for the year, and even some students as they are beginning to prep for the Quidditch season.

I was excited about that. Quidditch last year was apparently not as great as it always is, at least that is what Imelda said. Apparently, it wasn't as good since a lot of students who were on the teams didn't practice the year that we didn't have it, and Professor Kogawa was much more strict with them.

So, I'm assuming Imelda may be making her return soon as well.

Natty was supposed to be returning with her mother one day this week, and Merlin was I excited. Garreth had gone home for the remainder of break, so I had no one to talk to, even if he was annoying at times I still missed the company.

August 21st

Y/n,

I hear that I am accompanying you in Hogsmeade again, glad to know that you are still, my new charge. 

Hopefully, Weasley will give us all of the privacy that we need, I need just five minutes alone with you dear, it'll cure the frustration I've felt without your touch.

Can't wait to see you later.

Yours,

Sebastian

Five minutes he says? I hope he's talking about what I think, he is.

We would be going to Hogsmeade this evening at 3. Weasley is going to walk with me there, where I will meet Sebastian in The Three Broomsticks.

-

Weasley and I approached the crowded pub. Students and townspeople scattered the area as they shopped for school supplies.

"I suppose I'll leave you two be, in here. I'll be over speaking with Mr.Pippin, come fetch me before you leave for another shop." Prof Weasley spoke over the loud commotion.

"Yes professor" I nodded. She smiled before walking toward the potion shop.

I stood at the door for a moment, I looked down adjusting the tan skirt that I was wearing.

I had grown to care more and more about my appearance. I wasn't sure why when I knew Sebastian would find me pretty either way, but still.

This evening I had spent nearly an hour deciding on what to wear. For once in my life, I wished Imelda was there to help.

I decided on my matching tan vest and skirt, pairing it with white tights, a white button-up, a mauve-pink bow, and tan boots. 

I decorated my ears with my berry earrings, then placed my hair half up and half down.

After fixing my clothes, I pushed open the creaky, wooden doors. 

The pub was filled with people, many of whom had drinks in their hands while laughing with their peers.

My eyes scanned the area, hoping to spot the one person who always stood out.

Sebastian sat at a table that was pushed against the wall, next to the fireplace. The familiar metal mug was wrapped in his fingers while another one sat directly across him.

I watched him for a few seconds before approaching.

Every other second he would tap his finger against the metal, or wipe the rim of the mug. His elbows were propped on the table, allowing him to lean forward a bit. 

He seemed, nervous? I only say that since he was continuously tapping his foot or adjusting the undone collar of his black button-up.

But Merlin, I was starstruck. The way his brown curls hung over his face made my breathing heavier. How he was tracing his fingers over the metal, made me wish that it was my skin instead. His dark attire was so fitting, but I wanted to rip it off.

Why was he so attractive?

I still recall the first time I felt this feeling. Of course, when I first met Sebastian, I thought he was cute, but I pushed those feelings away. Then, after the night in the restricted section, that was when I began questioning how I felt about him. Then, not much later, was when it really hit me.

-

October 30th, Fifth year

The great hall was buzzing with more students than usual. It was the night before Halloween so the atmosphere was full of laughter and tricks. 

I was sitting with Natty, trying to be discrete since I wasn't supposed to be sitting here during dinner. But most of the professors wouldn't be paying attention as they were continuously yelling at students who were scaring one another for the holiday.

Natty and Garreth were going on about what they were planning to do the following day, but also arguing about what made Halloween such a fun event.

Garreth was stern that it was meant for tricks and brewing potions that you could use to "enhance" the candy that you receive. But Natty says it was meant for dressing up with friends and strolling the town.

"Hey Y/n, maybe you should dress as a Gryffindor, no one would think twice since we all know that's your true house anyways" Garreth laughed, causing me to break my void state.

I laughed, "Shut up Weasley" 

Natty smiled and then began continuing with her argument.

I looked over toward my usual seat, the one beside Sebastian and Ominis.

They were chatting with Imelda and some other students who I didn't know. Usually, I'd look away by now, but I couldn't for some reason.

Sebastian was laughing with the others. He'd squint his eyes whilst throwing his head back and grabbing his abdomen as it presumably ached from the laughter. 

Why did I feel starstruck? Why did I begin noticing things that I had never noticed before?

His hair had small patches of light brown throughout the dark, a few freckles were scattered over his ears and neck, his teeth were perfect, and his clothes were so fitting.

The feelings that I had been pushing away, instantly began flooding through me and doubling in amount. Feelings of strong attraction and nervousness were added, making me feel like I could float from my stool any moment now.

How had I gone this long without realizing how...handsome he was? Before, I never paid much attention to his laugh or the way he carried himself. But now, at this moment, it was taking all of my attention. 

I could feel my cheeks begin to rise in temperature as I kept my gaze on him, and I was honestly probably drooling by now.

What's wrong with me? 

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, he looked up, making immediate eye contact with me.

I know this is going to sound weird, but in that moment it felt as if my body had submerged in ice-cold water. I could feel each hair on my arms stand while I felt weightless.

Even from a distance, his dark-hazel eyes still glowed, piercing right through my soul and into my deepest desires.

Oh, how have I never noticed them before? How have I never admired his lips while speaking with him, or count each freckle on his face?

I could feel myself falling, falling so deeply into his trance. So sudden. It was as if, what I had been pushing away for almost two months had finally resurfaced, making me feel so much at once. 

Was this, love?

-

Present time

I pondered the previous thought of how much my perspective on Sebastian changed within seconds. It was funny how I still felt that way when I looked at him.

I pushed through the people, keeping my line of sight on him as I approached.

It was like he sensed me. Within a few feet away from the table his face turned to meet mine. The resting, smug look he always carried, shot into an expression of joy. 

I loved it when he smiled, the corners of his eyes would wrinkle and his eyes would instantly light up.

He stood up, adjusting the bottom of his vest.

Without hesitation or any words, he wrapped his arms around my back, pulling me tightly into his chest. 

"There you are" his voice muffled into the top of my head. 

"Hope I didn't keep you waiting long" I replied, still smothered into him.

"I don't mind waiting on you" he soothed

I pulled back, admiring the soft glow on his face.

"So, my charge, where are you taking me?"

I giggled, thinking back to the first time he had called me that.

"Everywhere, Sallow" I teased

"Everywhere, hm?" He rose his eyebrows, speaking in a low tone. "Now, I'm intrigued" 

"Oh stop it" I blushed.

We had been dating for over a month now, and seeing each other for nearly two. But Merlin did I still get nervous and pump with butterflies.

He pulled the empty chair back, allowing me to sit.

He sat down next to me, placing his hands back against the mug.

"Suppose this could be your celebration for passing, hm?" He looked up toward me through his eyebrows, and a small smile sat on his lips.

"I guess it could be, yeah. Definitely the best one that I could've asked for."

Sebastian laughed lightly. "I would hope so" 

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I spoke with curiosity.

He shrugged, flashing a smile with his teeth. "Just saying I hope that celebrating with me is better..."

"Well of course it is. What would compare to it?" 

"Celebrating with Garreth" He looked up.

His tone had gotten slightly deeper as he spoke of Garreth. I tilted my head, confused for a moment.

"Garreth? I don't..." I trailed, realizing the letter that I had sent him.

"Oh! You mean when he asked to get Butterbeers when we passed the test?" 

Sebastian nodded, now keeping his eyes low. 

"Surprised he even passed" He raised his head back up, his tone was now normal again.

"Yeah" I scoffed, "Not sure how" 

He stiffened in his seat.

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing"

I couldn't help but let a smile escape onto my face as I watched him try to deny that something was wrong.

"What is it Sebastian?" My tone softened.

He shrugged again, "Has Garreth been bothering you?"

There it was, I should've known since Sebastian is the jealous type. I mean, I am as well. 

"I wouldn't say bothering, why?"

"Because that's all he has ever done to you. Weasley can't stay away." 

His tone lowered again, as he spoke his name.

I stayed silent, I wasn't sure how to respond.

"But, if he isn't bothering you, then I have nothing to worry about."

 His hand slowly slid from the metal mug and grazed over toward mine. His pointer finger lightly wrapped itself over my pinky, while his thumb gently rubbed my palm.

"He hasn't, Sebastian"

My eyes wandered back to his face. His gaze was dark, but soft while his eyes shot signals that I could sense were lustful.

"Good." He spoke sternly.

I glared at him for more than a few moments as I watched multiple different expressions dance on his face. I couldn't tell how he was feeling in the moment.

"You have nothing to worry of about him" I comforted.

I watched him breathe in deeply, then as he exhaled his body became loose.

"I miss you" He frowned, "Wish I could have been there with you over the summer"

"I know, I miss you. Only a few more weeks." 

Suddenly, the thoughts that I had been enduring were creeping back through my mind. The urge to battle again, to release my magic. 

I wanted to tell him, but why make him worry? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 435 36
Sebastian Sallow, one of the most handsome, eligible bachelors at Hogwarts (and certified player, next to his bestie Ominis Gaunt), develops a crush...
116K 3.9K 99
Note: If you like this story, go and read my Ominis x Reader fanfic titled 'No Choice But You'! ---------- After everything that happened in your fi...
72.3K 2.2K 47
As the reader a hufflepuff and Sebastian try to understand and navigate new found feelings for each other that grow in intensity. Sebastian also stru...
6.8K 301 32
" 'Promise me,' I said, as I started to notice his body just inches away from mine. He frowned as he looked down on me. 'Promise you what, Ava?' That...