Tolerance ★ Katsuki Bakugou x...

By AriPopsicle

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓ She was the light to his darkness, the sun to his moon, the day to his night-- a mha fanfic whe... More

°•. ✿ .•°Introduction.•° ✿ °•.
☆ 𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦 ☆
✿ 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠! ✿
✦ 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 ✦
● 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐲 ●
✸ 𝐔𝐒𝐉 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 ✸
☁ 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 ☁

★ 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐦𝐞 ★

128 5 2
By AriPopsicle

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Bakugou couldn't believe it, he had been beaten, by two people. not only that, you were one of them. he didn't quite understand what your quirk was nor did he care, it just seemed like a threat. 

then, your eyes travelled to the name at the bottom of the list, only to be met with 'izuku midoriya.' the green haired boy who was only successful with the ball throw. you peered at him to see his sorrow expression as he look at his broken finger below him. you wanted to say something when-

"and i was lying, no one's going home." mr aizawa vocalised. the class's faces went blank, including yours. huh?

"that was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the test." he finished, seeming rather pleased with his trick.

"WHAT!?" many students bawled.

"i'm surprised the rest of you didn't figure that out. i'm sorry i guess i probably should've said something." the pretty girl with black hair tied up in a ponytail voiced.

"yeah you should have." you thought along with everyone else.

"that was pretty nerve-racking huh?" sero mentioned.

"nah, i'm always down for a challenge." kirishima replied, grinning and holding his fist in the air.

"yeah, a little pressure is nothing." you said along with the spiky red haired boy, he grinned at you.

"that's it, we're done for the day. there are curriculum handouts in the classroom. so when you get back, look over them." and with that, the teacher walked away.

★・・・・・・★

you were surprised by how quickly the day had gone. but at the same time glad you had made it through, and you had won something already! well, not won exactly. came first in above everyone else. and that was winning to you,

you had had a small friendly conversation with some of your classmates in the classroom after you had all gotten changed and were ready to go home. and to your shock, they were all eager to know what your quirk was as you had been ranked first. 

"so what even is your quirk?" jirou asked, tilting her head.

"it's called elemental control. y'know, fire, earth, water, air." you explained.

"LIKE 4 POWERS? SERIOUSLY?" kaminari exclaimed, kirishima placed his hand on the yellow haired boy's shoulder.

"YUP! that's my bestie!" mina hollered, throwing her arms around your shoulders.

"and that's my sister." kirishima boasted, grinning his shark-toothed grin.

"step-sister." you corrected him. "what's your guys' quirks anyway?"

"my earphones can detect very quiet sounds when i connect them to surfaces and i can turn my own heartbeats until large sound waves that basically break people's ear drums." jirou explained, rubbing her arm shyly.

"i can dispense tape from my elbows. not even close to being as powerful as yours, l/n." sero said.

"i can make acid! you obviously knew that already, duh." your pink best friend winked at you.

"mine's electricity! i can electrocute people by surrounding my body with electricity and charge things." kaminari bragged confidently, you liked his character. "and what about you, kirishima?"

"it's a hardening quirk. i can harden the surface of any part of my skin making it almost indestructible, not very flashy." kirishima examined his hand as he activated his quirk on it.

"oh come on, that's so cool! it doesn't matter if it's flashy or not as long as it's strong." sero reassured him, you joined in.

"you should be grateful, bro. some people don't have useful quirks at all." you reminded him.

"yeah, like mineta." jirou pointed out, making the whole group laugh at her mean joke towards the purple ball haired kid who was weirdly pervy.

"anyway, what's it like having such an extravagant quirk l/n? must be tiring carrying around all those powers." sero half joked, complimenting you.  

"it's alright, but your guys' quirks are amazing as well! it's so cool to be in a class with such capable people." you commented, holding your fist in the air.

"for real!" kaminari agreed, his hands on his hips. "it's so cool getting accepted into this radical school."

"nobody says 'radical' dude." jirou shut him down in a monotone tone of voice, you giggled at her attitude. it reminded you of bakugou's, only she was less angry.

"she's right." you added. "what are you? 60?"

everyone laughed at your sarcasm, kirishima nudged your arm to catch your attention. "we should get going, dad will wanna know how our first day went." he conveyed.

you rolled your eyes, you were in too good of a mood to talk to kenji. "sure, i guess. see you guys tomorrow!" you waved goodbye, getting off the desk you were sitting on and leaving behind kirishima.

"bye kirishima! by L/n!" everyone waved back.

"bye bestie, text me later!" mina called out, you showed a thumbs up as a response. 

ˎˊ˗

"hey eijirou?" you asked the red head as you two headed down the halls. he hummed in response. "my quirk isn't the only good thing about me, right?" you quietly asked, stopping in your tracks.

kiri stopped in front, turning to face you. "of course not sis! people just admire it. you're also kind, funny, and super loud!" you punched his arm. "ow! that's a good thing. being loud makes you popular."

"yeah.. i just hope i don't get used." you let out a breathy laugh.

"you won't, y/n. i'll make sure of it." he promised, smiling.

"thanks bro." you said.

"what're step brothers for?" he grinned.

"i'm gonna stay behind to do some training behind the school, i'll be home later." you told him, continuing to walk side by side.

"want me to come? we can do some one on one fights." kirishima supposed, seeming thrilled.

"nah. maybe next time, i'm gonna do some solo. see you at home, eijirou!" you said, giving him a small smile as if to say 'i'll be fine.'

"see you! try not to break anything." he called out, disappearing down the stairs. you sighed, looking down at your pe uniform.

"so you and weird hair are really siblings, huh?" you heard a gruff voice behind you, it scared the shit out of you you almost activated your quirk when you jumped. turning around, you realised it was the familiar blonde.

"he's my STEP brother, yeah." you corrected him. "why're you still here?"

"I CAN BE WHEREVER I WANNA BE!" he defended himself aggressively.

"never said you couldn't." you laughed out loud. "if you don't mind blondie, i'll be leaving-"

"what's your stupid quirk?" bakugou blurted, making you slowly turn around to face him once again.
"pardon?" you asked cautiously.
"you heard me, what's your dumb quirk that somehow got above me TWICE!" he repeated himself, getting frustrated.

"ohh, so you're mad i beat you." you smirked, purposely winding him up.

"YOU DIDN'T BEAT ME DAMNIT! now tell me, HOW'D YOU CHEAT?" he accused you, getting closer.

"i didn't cheat! jeez you're such a sore loser explosion boy." you insulted, stepping back.

"call me that again and i'll blow your ass up." he threatened. "now tell me, what's your damn quirk?"

"how about we have a one to one so you can figure it out, blondie?" you offered in a teasing voice, not knowing he was actually taking it seriously.

"oh, it's on shorty." he grinned determinedly, now standing roughly 2 feet from you. you clenched your fists, time to show this jerk.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

you both stood in the pe grounds you were earlier when doing the quirk apprehension test. also where you had allegedly 'beaten' bakugou, which is why you were here again.

"get ready, loser. 'cause i'm about to break your winning streak." bakugou boasted cockily, stretching his arms across his chest.

"whatever makes you feel big and tough, asshole." you remarked, setting the boy off.

"DIE!!" he screeched, lunging himself at you with explosions in his hands. you used the ground and lifted a pillar in front of you before he could reach, hitting him in the jaw. this only made him angrier. 

"YOU!! QUIT BEING A WUSS AND FIGHT ME FACE TO FACE!" he warned loudly. you smirked and propelled yourself up with a gust of air, shooting a fire ball over bakugou's head as it landed in front of him. while he was distracted, you landed on his back and sent him to floor with you on top.

but he wasn't having it. jumping up, he threw an explosion your way, sending you flying backwards. while you were still in the air, bakugou jumped at you and landing on top of your back, holding your wrists to the floor.

"that... that all you got?" he mocked, out of breath. you smiled, though he couldn't see it.

"nope, now i'm getting real." you replied, bakugou's eyes widened, before he had time to react, you used your earth quirk to lift a boulder from the ground, throwing it at him. bakugou dodged, causing him to lose grip of you and fly to the ground.

you stood and started repeatedly throwing fireballs at full speed, bakugou dodging each one as he came sprinting at you, before he could reach you, you created a strong wind shield in front of you that blocked each of his explosions. 

he used your shield to kick off of, sending him up, you sent yourself up to his height and created one final tidal wave behind you towards him, forcefully washing bakugou back to the ground as his back hit a wall firmly. you landed on your feet a couple metres away, watching the boy as he had his back against the wall, making sure he didn't do any surprise attacks.

slowly, bakugou lifted his head, sending you a piercing death stare. you carefully approached, holding out your hand to help him up. instead, he faced his hand at you and formed an explosion, a strong one. you were sent flying a couple metres to the floor, causing your nose to leak red.

"i win." bakugou growled, standing up and walking your way.

"are you stupid? that doesn't count, you were just knocked down. i win, and you can't admit it." you stated, standing up and wiping your bloody nose with the back of your wrist.

"DON'T YOU EVER SHUT UP?! I WON! YOU'LL NEVER BEAT ME AGAIN!" bakugou shouted, but it was a different type of angry. so he just really hates losing.

"bakugou, you never lost. there's a big different between not winning and losing." you said more softly, he seemed to take in your words for a moment.

"you're a moron." he scoffed, looking away. there was something about you, that lit up a new feeling inside. he saw you not as a threat now, but as an equal.

"let's call it a draw, 'kay? no winners, no losers." you proposed the idea. bakugou just gently nodded in response, a calm scowl spread across his face. "um, also, do you maybe perhaps have a tissue?" you asked laughing slightly, holding a hand under your dripping nose.

he chuckled, you barely heard it. "c'mon dummy, let's get our stuff." 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"so, an elemental quirk, huh?" bakugou clarified, exiting school premises alongside you. 

"yup." you confirmed. "and yours is explosion?"

"mhm." he simply hummed. "mine is way better than your boring ass quirk." 

"ha! you weren't saying that when i was totally kicking your butt earlier." you teased, leaning in.

"YOU DIDN'T KICK SHIT! no matter how many powers you have i'll still be the best and become number 1!" he barked, attempting to elbow your head but you ducked.

"we'll see about that." you shrugged, looking straight forward.

"WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!?"

"hey, you live on my road, right?" you questioned, already knowing the answer of course, but you just wanted him to stop yelling.

"tch, yeah." bakugou spat, slightly annoyed you hadn't noticed him like he had noticed you. not that he wanted you to be obsessed with him or something.

"cool! we can walk to and from school together." you suggested joyfully, almost skipping beside him.

"HAH? no way i'm walking anywhere with you anytime soon!" he barked, even though he was walking with you right now.

"not just me, eijirou too of course. or as you call him, 'weird hair.'" you giggled at the last part, knowing if you called your step brother that he'd chase you around the house. "why d'you think his hairs weird?"

"i just do. though come to think of it, yours is weirder, weirdo." he expressed, your smile immediately disappearing.

"SHUT UP! at least my hair doesn't look like a pomeranians fur." you joked, an evil smirk making its way onto your face.

"YOU WANNA DIE?"

"oh look, it's my house." you quickly interrupted, stopping in the middle of the road and turning to bakugou. "see you tomorrow!" you winked, smiling warmly, his stomach twisted at your smile.

"whatever, see you moron." he grumbled, walking backwards towards his house on the other side of the road, watching you enter your home and the sound of kirishima's voice could be heard before you shut the door.

"heh, l/n. you're not too bad." he muttered to himself, entering his own home as his mum began shouting about where'd he been.

【☆】★【☆】

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 48.4K 35
𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗘 Bakugou and (y/n) annoys each other but eventually became insomniac buddies 🗒 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 08/30/20 🗒 𝘧𝘪𝘯 09/30/20 ⌨ 𝘉𝘕𝘏𝘈; Kohei Ho...
23.2K 717 8
[Soulmate AU!] A story of two lovers bound together by the universe but brought together by chance on one frigid, fateful day.
691 18 21
As the sun sets the evening before their graduation from U.A. High, a group of heroes-to-be gathers for a night like no other- their last before step...
126K 3.2K 77
*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ♪ 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚍𝚎. ♪ She is the light that brightens his worl...