JOURNEY TO LOVE [ONGOING]

By velvetydays

In the fast paced corporate world, Lucas Knight is the founder and CEO of THE KNIGHTS' CORPORATION. He is a m... More

MAIN CAST
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 1
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 2
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 3
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 4
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 5
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 6
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 7
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 8
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 9
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 10
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 11
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 12
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 13
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 14
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 15
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 16
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 17
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 19
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 20
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 21
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 22
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 23
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 24
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 25
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 26
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 27
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 28
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 29
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 30
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 31
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 32
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 33
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 34
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 35
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 36
JOURNEY TO LOVE - 37

JOURNEY TO LOVE - 18

73 8 0
By velvetydays

AMELIA KNIGHT

I cleaned my desk and made my way to his cabin. I was about to knock, when I was recalled of his words. With a deep breath, I slowly pushed open the door, revealing an alluring sight to me, Lucas was reclined on his seat, with his hands folded under his head. His hair was gently tousled, resting on his forehead, impressed with creases, indicating his  deep thoughts.

An urge to run my fingers through his hair and taking away all his stress took control of me.

I slowly entered the room and immediately his eyes flung open, catching mine. His mesmerizing blue eyes shone in the dimly lit room and pierced through my soul.

His expressions visibly relaxed as a radiant smile spread across his lips.

"Nice progress." He muttered, in his deep velvety voice.

"I guess, I don't want to be ignored again." I replied, sitting across from him.

"You seem quite worried. Is everything alright ?" I asked. He leaned forward, and intertwined our hands, drawing  soothing circles on mine.

"Wes and Leo are in town and they want to meet."

His words confused me or perhaps it was the sad tone he was using to describe such a joyful news that did.

"That's such a great news. You should definitely go." I enthused but he still seemed in contemplation.

"Don't  you want to see them ?" I asked, unaware of the reason of his sadness.

"I do but I don't want to leave you alone ?" He responded.

Was he being serious ?
Because he is very well aware that I am very much capable of managing alone.

"Or you don't wanna go to club ?" I jested, having an idea of his dislike towards clubbing, something the other men enjoy.

"I am serious." He stated, gravity masking his face. I sighed and gently squeezed his hands.

"I am gonna be fine. You know, I can manage. Right ?"

"I know. It just doesn't sit right with me anymore."

"Just keep your phone close. And I will call you just like I always used to do." I assured him, recalling the countless nights, I called him when I needed help with Alex.

"And you know what ?" I muttered.

"What ?"

"You should feel lucky, you got friends like them." I told him.

"You don't have friends ?" He further inquired.

"I don't think I can say a yes. I had a friend, whose family moved to UK when we completed high school and the other friend, lives somewhere in California with her family. I have no contacts of them anymore. The only friend I have is Emma, as in Emma Hearts." As I rambled, my eyes darted around. It was only today I realised the kind of loner I had become.

"Don't give me reasons not to go." He remarked, certainly trying to cheer me up. I played along, "I am pretty sure, you are escaping from your visit to club. I might have to call Nathan." He chuckled, gazing at me intently.

"I am so glad I married you." He whispered.

"So am I." For a moment, as we held each other's eyes, the world seemed to have stopped.

"It's already seven. We should head home. You need to change before you leave." He nodded and we exited the company, bidding farewell to the watchmen.

_________

After having dinner together, we were in our room. I was changed in my nightwear, which included leggings and a hand knitted thin peach sweater, it was quite cold tonight.

Thanks to the rainy weather.

He exited the changing room, still not looking at me but his reflection in the huge mirror. He was dressed in a pristine white shirt, and the top buttons of his shirt were open, revealing the view of his firm torso, the sleeves were rolled up, giving a view of his muscular, veiny arms. He paired the look with a black straight jeans, a rolex watch and black shoes while his black ravens were gelled to perfection. To say he looked handsome would be an understatement, he looked out of this works.

I felt my breath hitch at his mere sight. I cleared my throat, looking anywhere but him.

"Too late to look away." He jested, causing heat to creep to my cheeks.

It's embarrassing.

He turned and walked closer to me, before sitting in front of me, close enough for my nostrils to be filled with his manly cologne.

"You don't need to be embarrassed." He whispered, tucking a loose hair strand behind my ears. Unconsciously my eyes closed at his gesture.

"As long as it's me you are looking at." He spoke softly. My heart fluttered with joy as he leaned in, placing a tender kiss on my cheek.

"I'll be back soon, call me if you need me." He instructed before rising up.

"Be safe." I told him, something he usually says. He gave me gentle smile before leaving.

Once he left, there was complete silence in the house. I wasn't all alone if one includes the built guards, guarding the entire mansion and Mrs.Thompson, a middle aged lady, working as a cook for past five years. Though there were people around me, it was after days, I felt alone.

I missed Alex.
I missed our chirpy Emily.
I missed mom.
And it was only a couple of minutes, and I had already started to miss Lucas.

Sighing, I closed the door, and laying down on the bed, I decided to read a book. Something I used to do quite a lot as a teenager but it is years after, I actually got time to do it now.

______

I woke up to the sound of loud bangings on my door. I jerked up, dread and fear crawled the back of my spine.

Definitely no one can break in here.

I was about to go in my defense mode, when I heard the only voice that I needed to hear. Lucas.

I rushed to the door and opened it, revealing a very concerned looking Lucas.

"What the hell took you so long ? Do you even realise how worried I was ?" He asked, louder than intended. He sure was very worried but I was more taken aback by his appearance. From top to bottom, he was drenched in water. Before I could answer, he sneezed.

"You need to change right now. I'll get you something hot to drink. Perhaps a masala tea." Side stepping his question, I muttered and began to walk past him to go to kitchen. When he held me by my arm, pulling me closer to him.

"Are you okay ?" He asked. As his warm hands touched me, I realised he also had fever.

He was burning in fever and he needs to know if I am okay ?

"I am okay. I just dozed off. Now change. You are burning." He nodded, letting go of my hand. If I wasn't in a hurry, I would have felt the loss of his touch.

When I returned, he was changed in his sweat hurt and sweat pants, while drying his hair with a towel. I grabbed a medicine along with the tea, and approached him.

"I'll dry you hair. Eat your medicines and have your tea.

He handed me the towel as I climbed on the bed, behind him. Much to my satisfaction, he ate the medicines and sipped on his masala tea.

"What's this ? It's quite bitter." He muttered.

"It's called Masala Tea. My mother had and Indian friend. Mom learnt it from her and I learnt about it from mom." I explained. "It's helpful in cold." Thereafter, he peacefully drank it and once he was done, I stopped my task so he could lay down comfortably and I covered him with the velvety duvet.

"How did you end up like this ?" I asked sitting, next to him. His eyes which were previously closed, fluttered open.

"I was just having fun." He muttered, giving me a faint smile. Confusion clouded my mind but I didn't push as his eyes were already drooping.

"I am glad you had fun. Good night, Lucas." I whispered, before laying down next to him.

"Good night, Amelia." He whispered back.

I was soundly asleep when the sound of faint gasps and breaths reached my ears.

Lucas. My mind alarmed me.

My eyes shot open as I woke up to find him twisting and turning, still half asleep, sweat dampened his body. I pulled out a thermometer before scooting closer to him.

"Lucas, let me check your temperature." I mumbled. He hummed.

A minute later, the machine beeped, I pulled it out of his mouth. 102°F, it read. My eyes widened. The temperature was quite high. Restraining myself from panicking, I whispered, "I'll  be right back."

I swiftly slid out of the bed and dialled his personal physician. The middle aged man picked up within a few seconds, despite the fact that it was almost three in the night.

"Hello, Mr.Williams, it's Amelia. I apologize to disturb you at such an hour."

"No problem dear, how may help you ?" He asked, his voice sounded sleepy.

"Lucas has fever. Temperature is quite high, 102°F. I gave him paracetamol earlier but it doesn't seem to work. What do I do ?"

"Any idea how he got sick ?" He inquired.

"He was drenched by rain water." I informed.

"When did you give him medicine ?" He inquired.

"Perhaps 3 hours ago." I informed him. There was a moment of silence between us.

"Don't worry, just keep a cloth on his head soaked in chilled water. It will help.  It certainly is due to weather. Tomorrow  give him the medicine again. And he will be fine."

That is certainly something I knew myself but hearing it from his mouth was a relief.

"Sure." I said, before hanging up.

I rushed to the kitchen, and returned with a bowl of icy water and clean white hand towel.

He looked so vulnerable that it was making my heart break.

I placed his head on my lap as I settled down and began to keep the cloth on his face. I repeated it a couple of time stand the temperature had gone down and he seemed to have gone in a deep sleep. His soft breath fanned my thighs, sending the tingling sensation. I tried to move but it was quite difficult.

If he is comfortable why do I have to disturb him ? A thought came to my mind, before, I leaned back against the head rest and soon succumbed to sleep.

___________________________________________

Hey Guys !!

It's Friday, and the new chapter is here.

Please let me know how do you like the characters in the story.

Please vote, it motivates.

Stay healthy.
Stay safe !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 267K 69
Cassie, a famous singer tossed into an arranged marriage with a powerful billionaire to save her reputation, finds herself developing an unexpectedly...
248K 1.9K 6
Alison Smith escaped her oppressive past, leaving behind a home that felt like a dungeon. In the City of Light-New York City-Alison sought refuge, lo...
47.3K 2.8K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
429K 17.3K 49
Christopher Knight is the C.E.O of knights industries, typical workaholic . He is a family man. He loves his little sister Sophia the most. He is ver...