nursing a broken heart | heej...

By luna_nova7

When nurse Sim Jaeyun is left with insecurities and a broken heart, Lee Heeseung comes to turn his world upri... More

1화
2화
3화
4화
5화
7화
8화
9화
10화
11화
12화
13화
14화
15화
16화
17화
18화
19화
20화
21화
22화
23화
24화
25화
26화
27화
28화
29화

6화

1.4K 96 87
By luna_nova7

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

Sunghoon was way on the other side of the city but still told Jaeyun he would be there as soon as possible. And he kept his word, twenty minutes later Jaeyun opened the door to an out-of-breath Sunghoon with two plastic bags in his hands.

"Hi, um, are you okay Sunghoon? Did you run up the stairs when there's a perfectly functional elevator down the hall?" Jaeyun asked a little amused at his best friend's state.

Sunghoon took two deep breaths before saying a word, "I'm fine, I just thought I would find you in a different state when I arrived. I brought ice cream and chips and chocolates."

Jaeyun giggled and let his friend in, helping him with one of the bags.

"Did you put your whole place inside a washing machine or something? It all smells like detergent and lime," Sunghoon said sniffing.

"Yeah, something like that. I just, I couldn't stay still the whole day yesterday and cleaned everything. It went well."

Sunghoon was so sure he would find Jaeyun sad and maybe a little disheveled. At least show that he was disappointed. But instead, it looked like nothing major had happened, just some cleaning. Which was weird because Sunghoon was sure Jaeyun read his texts and saw the videos.

"So the cleaning went well. Is it your parents? Are they coming to visit?" Sunghoon asked.

"No, no. It was just for my own sake. No one's coming soon," Jaeyun answered calmly.

Sunghoon decided to keep on acting oblivious, "well, you really cleaned well. Everything looks as good as new."

Jaeyun smiled and thanked his friend.

They decided on breakfast and cooked together, sitting in the living room while watching TV. The day went by and it was as if no one had cheated and no one had a broken heart. It soon became the afternoon and there was someone ringing the bell to Jaeyun's apartment.

"Ah, maybe it's the chicken!" Sunghoon said enthusiastically while getting up.

"You think? Isn't it too soon? We ordered it like 20 minutes ago..."

"I'll go check, be right back," Sunghoon ran to the door.

Jaeyun paused the movie they were watching and kept on eating chips while Sunghoon went to get the food.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Jaeyun was startled, Sunghoon was way too loud and rude to the delivery guy. The thing is, it wasn't the delivery guy.

"What do you mean? I'm here looking for Jaeyun," Sunjae said from outside the apartment. Jaeyun froze. He didn't want to see him just yet.

"He's busy, get lost," Sunghoon spat.

"Wow Sunghoon, what's with all this aggressiveness?"

Jaeyun chuckled.

"I just texted him and he didn't answer so I came to see if he was home," Sunjae said calmly.

It only angered Sunghoon more, "well, his phone's fine so he clearly doesn't want you here. Like I said. Get. Lost."

Sunjae didn't move. Two seconds later Jaeyun was standing behind Sunghoon.

"It's okay Hoonie, I'll be right back. Keep an eye on the door in case the chicken arrives, there's money on the table," Jaeyun assured touching Sunghoon's shoulder and walking out the door.

Sunghoon was shocked but he couldn't persuade Jaeyun of not talking to him. Once Jaeyun set his mind on something, it was very hard to make him change it.

He sat on the couch aggressively eating ice cream out of the bucket in an attempt to calm down.

Outside the building, Jaeyun was walking ahead of Sunjae.

"Hey, babe, wait up," Sunjae said sweetly.

Jaeyun stopped walking and turned around abruptly.

"What is it, Sunjae?"

Sunjae was smiling. It made Jaeyun sick.

"I was just wondering why the silence treatment. I know I haven't come to see you but I've been busy with work, you know it."

Jaeyun laughed sarcastically.

"I didn't know your 'work' involved kissing other people at parties."

Sunjae was clearly surprised but he wouldn't bend, "what are you talking about?"

"Oh, please Sunjae, cut the crap. I know it all, I saw you and that girl you seduced on Friday at that party. If you really wanted to keep it a secret you should have made sure that Sunghoon wasn't there to rat you out."

Sunjae kept his poker face on, "I'm serious Jaeyun, nothing like that happened! He must have sent you a video of someone else, he had too much to drink on Friday."

"Really? Because I didn't drink a single drop and I know what I saw. He didn't just tell me, there's proof, so cut the crap. Asshole," Jaeyun was shaking in anger.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like, you gotta trust me. It was a drunken mistake and I thought it hadn't happened, I thought it was a dream."

"So now you're blaming this on your drunken state? Sunjae, you're terrible at lying. And stop calling me babe," Jaeyun was about to turn to leave when his wrist was grabbed harshly.

"I-I can explain, please let me, I know it wasn't a good choice but just hear me out."

"Agh, let go!" Jaeyun cried out.

Sunjae wasn't completely aware of how strong his grip was on Jaeyun's wrist, "just let me explain Jaeyun, I did that for a reason!"

Jaeyun was struggling but Sunjae didn't let his wrist go.

"I was trying to understand myself better, Jaeyun. I wanted to be sure that I liked guys and not just 'guys' but you specifically! I know it must sound stupid after all this time but–

He couldn't finish his sentence because a hard shove sent him wobbling backwards, almost falling down but finally letting go of Jaeyun's wrist.

Jaeyun grabbed his own wrist to try and ease the pain of Sunjae's hold. It was definitely bruised.

"Who the fuck?" Sunjae exclaimed angrily.

"Are you okay?" the person that had shoved Sunjae asked Jaeyun.

Jaeyun was in a slight state of shock. He didn't know what to say or do.

"What's going on here?!" Sunjae demanded.

Jaeyun looked at Sunjae and saw his gaze soften. Jaeyun had teary eyes and looked pretty shaken.

"Jaeyun, I–" Sunjae started trying to get closer to him but Heeseung got in the way.

"I think you need to leave. He's clearly not comfortable with you here," Heeseung said calmly.

But Sunjae was desperate to be heard, "dude, back off! This has nothing to do with you so go away!"

Heeseung shook his head and turned to look at Jaeyun for a second.

"Just leave him alone man, you've done enough."

Sunjae looked between Jaeyun and the guy he didn't know the name of for a long while before giving up and walking away.

"Seriously," Heeseung sighed after the guy disappeared from sight. He then turned to look at Jaeyun who was still in shock.

It didn't take two seconds for Jaeyun to start crying his eyes out in silence. Not a single sob was heard, but the tears rolled down his cheeks without stopping.

"Hey, it's okay, you're going to be okay. He's gone," Heeseung said reaching up to touch Jaeyun but hesitating.

Jaeyun noticed and closed his eyes, letting his body rest on Heeseung's, not even aware of his own body. Heeseung wasn't sure how to react, but he hugged him in an attempt to console him better. He started caressing Jaeyun's back and Jaeyun couldn't hold back anymore.

He let his silent cry become loud and trembling, sobbing and burying himself in the taller's embrace.

"It's all good now," Heeseung kept whispering reassuring words and let him cry on him for a long while.

Soon enough, Jaeyun regained his composure to start a conversation.

"What are you doing here Heeseung?" Jaeyun asked, his voice a little rough, without breaking their embrace.

"Um..." Heeseung had been passing by with his friends when he saw Jaeyun talking with the guy, then everything escalated and he lost it once he saw Sunjae grab Jaeyun so roughly.

"I was passing by with my friends. I told them to go ahead and I'd join them in a while, in case you needed someone, which you did... I swear I didn't know you'd be here."

Jaeyun was overly conscious about who was hugging him and suddenly let go.

"It's okay Heeseung," Jaeyun said unable to look at him.

Heeseung was searching for Jaeyun's gaze but he hung his head low and wiped his face from all the tears he had cried. He didn't look up even after he was done.

"Did he hurt you anywhere?" Heeseung asked.

"Um, he just bruised my wrist a little, is all. I'm fine," but Jaeyun still didn't look up.

"Can I see your face?" Heeseung asked in almost a whisper.

Jaeyun hesitated for a couple seconds but looked up at Heeseung eventually.

"What for?" he asked with a slight tremble in his voice.

"Just wanted you to look at me. To make sure he didn't hurt you anywhere else," Heeseung grinned a little and arranged a stray golden lock from Jaeyun's forehead.

Jaeyun would have felt butterflies in his stomach if he hadn't had every ounce of hope in love tarnished minutes back.

How could he have let himself trust Sunjae so much? Why did he sink in the hopes of Sunjae actually loving him after an only physical relationship? He knew he was hurting from the betrayal so badly because he was starting to fall in love.

His stomach churned. The very first guy he ever let in his heart destroyed his trust and abused his feelings. His head ached. His heart grieved.

But Heeseung was still waiting for him to answer. He just nodded expressionless and regained as much composure as he could.

"I'm okay now. You should get going Heeseung."

Heeseung didn't want to oblige, but he also didn't want to overstep the boundaries Jaeyun had already set between them.

"Alright. I'll leave, but only because my friends must be wondering about me," Heeseung said. Jaeyun nodded once more but the older wasn't finished.

"I don't know the whole story, but just know that if he was an actually decent human being, he wouldn't have done something that would definitely hurt you. Much less something that would break your trust on him."

Jaeyun wasn't so sure if he had to respond something. He just felt embarrassed and upset.

"You deserve much better," Heeseung finished talking.

Jaeyun finally looked at him for longer and Heeseung's heart was dancing. He gave Jaeyun a small side smile and went on his way.

The blond man watched the other leave and only when he knew he was gone did he enter the apartment building he resided in.

‎♡‧₊˚✧ ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა ✧˚₊‧♡

How we holdin' up?

I've had a good day today, I hope the rest of it is also good. And the rest of the week. And month. And year...

Hope you all have a great morning/day/evening/night!

Votes and comments are very much appreciated~🥰

-nova<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 1.9K 24
Warning! ⚠️ It's mature.18+. If you don't like HEESUN ship. It's safe if you don't read. Kim Sunoo - "I'm trapped in his endless obsession." Lee Hees...
5.1K 309 14
"Well, Park Jongseong. I simply adore witnessing you in this state; who wouldn't want to watch the best kid in the class get completely destroyed by...
88K 3.5K 54
- ❝ 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞, 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐮𝐧...
48.1K 867 12
you get forced to be study buddies with sim jake. with you guys being together so often you get closer... yeah