The Trickster's Family (Perso...

By deception92

A what if story featuring Persona 5 protagonist, Ren Amamiya (also known as the Joker) who lives with his unc... More

Bio (Prologue only)
Important to note when reading
Prologue - Part 1: The Faith of the Star
Prologue - Part 2: The Idol's Lies
Prologue - Part 3: Clinging to the Past
Prologue - Part 4: I'm here for you
Prologue - Part 6 : Proof of Love and Justice
Prologue - Part 7 : Dancing Star
Prologue - Part 8 : Father and Son
Prologue - Part 9 : The Rain Falls
Prologue - Final Part : Life Will Change
New Bio: Main Characters
New Bio: Side Characters
Persona 4 Guests
Persona 3 Guests
Chapter 1: The New Beginning
Chapter 1.5: The Twins
Chapter 2: The Rock Bottom
Chapter 3: The Reunion
Chapter 4: The Mystery Girl
Chapter 5: Rise Kujikawa
Chapter 6: The Unfriendly Reunion

Prologue - Part 5 : What lies to someone

1.2K 29 12
By deception92

5th June 20XX (Sunday)

After Ren accepts Ai's invitation, he decided to prepare himself and wait for Ai at the train station. He dresses in his usual winter clothes. His clothes consists of an unbuttoned black blazer over a light gray hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and brown, laced oxfords.

(A/N: Ignore the bandage on his face since he wasn't hurt at this time)

Morgana wants to come along as he ensures that Ren's progress on his hangout going smoothly. Of course there will be some inconveniences when it comes to Morgana roaming around as a cat especially when riding trains. To prevent that, Morgana has to hide inside Ren's bag as it helps to keep himself hidden. Ren always carry Morgana inside his bag especially when going outside. At first, it was kinda suffocating for Morgana but he quickly get used to it as the time goes on.

At 10am in the morning, Ren is still waiting for Ai at the train station. He scrolls through social media in order to pass time. He stumbles upon the news featuring the hiatus of B-Komachi idol, Ai Hoshino. Ren sighed in disbelief knowing that there were a lot of fans who desperately wanting her to come back.

Morgana: "Hmmm. It seems like Ai's hiatus has been all over the news. I'm sure her fans became upset when they heard about it."

Ren: "You could say that again. Still, I kinda feel bad knowing that everyone's favourite idol ended up getting pregnant with twins. They might get freak out when they heard that. If that happens, they might trying to hunt her boyfriend down."

Morgana: "*chuckles* I bet they would. Speaking of boyfriend, why do you think Ai break up with him to begin with? Is there any specific reason for that?"

Ren: "That I can't be sure. It could be any things that lead to their breakup. But the cause remains unknown."

Morgana: "I see. Well, I couldn't imagine what will be like raising her children alone without their father. It'll be tough for her to handle."

Ren: "You may be right. But as long as she upholds her priorities of being a parent, then she will be fine."

Morgana: "Oh! Come to think of it. Ren, did you ask Ai about what kind of attire she wore without exposing herself on public?"

Ren: "I did but she didn't told me about what she wanted to wear. We might get to see it when she arrives."

As time passes, Ai finally arrives at the train station along with Ichigo behind her. Morgana quickly hides in Ren's bag. Ai wore in her casual clothes but with glasses on.

Ai: "Yahoo! Sorry I'm late. I was just preparing myself on what I should dress when going out with you. So I go with this. What do you think, Ren-chan? Am I look pretty or what?" She said with a smile.

Ren: "You look pretty fine, Ai. Seems like you have such a good taste in fashion." Ai blushes when hearing Ren's compliment.

Ai: "Ehehe~. Am I?" Ren nodded.

Ichigo: "Alright enough with the chitchat, the train is about to be here soon. I'll go prepare the tickets. Do you want some, Ren?" Ren shook his head.

Ren: "No thanks. I got mine right here." he said as he show his ticket.

Ichigo: "Very well. Then, I'll buy for Ai only."

As Ichigo went to buy the tickets, Ai scoot nearer to Ren grabbing his arm in the process. Ren stunned a little when Ai holds his arm. Ai notices as she starts tease him.

Ai: "Ah! Aren't you nervous when hanging out with an idol like me?"

Ren: "N-Not really. I'm just surprised that you took action initially. You must be quite bold."

Ai: "Ehehe~. What can I say? I always getting used with the male fans out there so this shouldn't be a problem for me."

Ren: "Even with your ex?" Ai's face turns frown when hearing the word ex. Ren starts to apologize.

Ren: "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to bring that up." Ai shook her head in response.

Ai: "Mhmhm. It fine, Ren. I already got over that."

Ai: "But most importantly, we got a lot of places to be. Shibuya is the first on our list."

Ren: "Then that where we headed." Ichigo returns back along with the tickets. He handed them to Ai. As some time passes the train finally arrives. Ren and Ai are about to step on the platform. Ichigo halts them.

Ichigo: "Ai! Please be careful when you get there. There will be a lot of fans who might notice you so be sure to hide your face properly. If there is any problem, you can call me right away."

Ai: "I'll be fine, President Satou! Besides, I used to hangout with my friends a lot so this shouldn't be a problem." Ichigo's eye twitches upon hearing her mispronouncing the word Satou.

Ichigo: "It President Saitou for you! But most importantly, I'm still worried about you especially with your pregnancy."

Ren: "Don't worry, Ichigo-san. Like I said, I'll protect her and her children and I swear my oath."

Ichigo: "You better be. Well, since you are sensei's nephew I should trust you at ease. But please, don't let anything happen to her. If anything goes wrong, then we're all done for."

Ai: "Relax, President Saitou! Mou! You been worrying me way too much. The train is about to depart soon. Come on, Ren-chan!" she said as she grabs Ren's arm and pulls him into the train. As the train starts to depart, Ichigo remain standing there feeling worried about Ai.

Ichigo: "*sigh* I hope nothing goes wrong when they reach the destination. Still, that boy. He seemed to have a spark that I didn't know of by the time when I first met him. The similar spark with Ai when I first recruited her as an idol." Ichigo begins to think about Ren and the plan on what he could do with him.

Ichigo: "Hmmm. If I'm gonna recruit him, I might be able to make him work and most importantly he might be able to contribute Strawberry Productions as well. Once he do so, he might become famous just like Ai. Heh, this might become very interesting."

Ichigo: "Of course, having a male figure on stage can be a problem since idols at the company are mostly girls. Adding a male figure in a mix can cause a ruckus. But still, having him as the member of our team would become a great asset for the company."

Ichigo: "*sigh* If only I had time to know him more. Oh well, maybe I'll ask sensei to get more information about him." He said as he begins to walk away from the train station.

Somewhere behind the shadows, an unknown figure lurking around waiting for the train to come. He lets out some sort of a malice aura seeking to kill anyone who opposes him. His anger is surging through him.

???: "That must be Ai's boyfriend my friend talked about earlier. He might be the one who got Ai pregnant! Grr! I'll kill him! I'll kill him for impregnating Ai!"

(Meanwhile inside the train)

Ai: "Whoa! It sure is crowded here today."

Ren: "Well today is Sunday. Most people tend to go shopping when not during work so it makes sense why this train become so crowded right now."

Ai: "Do you tend to go shopping before?"

Ren: "Yeah, I went there with my friends a lot. Akihabara, destiny land, museum you named it."

Ai: "Wow! That's a lot of places. Lucky for you I guess."

Ren: "??" Ren stares at her upon hearing her words.

Ren: "Have you been gone shopping with your friends before?"

Ai: "Not all the time. I do hangout with my friends but most of the time I always busy with the idol stuff so I didn't get to hangout very often."

Ren: "That sucks."

Ai: "Yeah..."

Ai notices something moving inside Ren's bag.

Ai: "By the way, Ren-chan. Why is your bag moving?" Ren stunned when Ai points at his bag.

Ren: "Oh its uhhh..." Ren tries to find words to response but just as he is about to answer, the zipper from the bag opens leading Morgana pops his head out catching his breath.

Morgana: "*huff* *huff* as usual this bag is really suffocating. He could at least open the zipper a little wider for the air to come in."

Morgana starts to look at the surroundings and then he saw Ai and Ren who stared at him in shock. Morgana starts to sweatdrop when they saw him.

Morgana: "Oh uhhh.... Hey." he said with a nervous smile.

Ai: "Ren-chan. Why is Morgana inside your bag?" Ren begins to panic as tries to find the correct words to answer her question.

Ren: "Uhh... Well it's a long story." Suddenly a little boy approach them as he spotted Morgana.

Little boy: "Hey mister. Is that a cat that just pops out from your bag? I hear it meowing."

Ren: "Kid, you must be hearing things. This little guy is my stuffed animal." Morgana turns at Ren in disbelief.

Little boy: "But I do hear it meowing. Can you do that again, mister?" But Morgana protests.

Morgana: "Don't be ridiculous. Why would I--" As he is about to answer, Ren presses Morgana's head forces him to make meow sounds.

Morgana: "M-Meow..."

Little boy:"Woweee! Again! Again!" The little boy excited. Ren starts to turn at Ai.

Ren: "Ai, you wanna know why I bring Morgana along? Well, this is one of those reasons." Ai stares at Ren in confusion.

The mischievous grin starts to form on Ren's face. Morgana begins to cower in fear when he saw his grinning face.

Morgana: "Ren, don't you dare." Too late Ren begins to button mash Morgana's head.

Morgana: "MEW... MEOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!"

Morgana: "..." Ren stopped mashing.

Morgana: "...Blearghhh!" Hearing Morgana making puke sounds, Ai and the little boy starts to laugh.

Ai: "Pfft...Ahahahaha!!" Ai laughs obnoxiously.

Ai: "Stop! Oh god! I-I just can't with... ahahaha!" she said as she wipe her laughing tears away.

Little boy: "Ahahaha! It makes such a funny noise, I wanna hear it again!"

Morgana: "Why me?!!"

Ren: "Heh. You deserved a credit."

Announcer: "*BEEP* *BEEP*"

Announcer: "The next stop is Shibuya, Shibuya. Doors will be open on the left side."

Ren: "Well, that's our cue. It nice meeting ya kid but we gotta go now."

Ai: "See you later. Bye-bye!"

Little boy: "Mm-hm! Bye-bye!"

(At Shibuya)

As Ren and Ai finally arrives at Shibuya, they take a quick look at the surroundings as they saw many people roaming around the streets.

Ai: "Whoa! They're sure a lot of people around here."

Ren: "Today is a busy day, so that explains why." Ren turns at Ai.

Ren: "So, Ai. What's gonna be in the bucket list? You know since you invite me out and all."

Ai: "Hmm let's see here." She take a quick look at the surroundings to see if anything caught in her eye. She spotted an arcade that is nearby to their location.

Ai: "Ah! That one the arcade place." she said as she points at the arcade area.

Ren: "Huh? I never thought you're into games, Ai."

Ai: "Ehehe~. Well, I went to arcade with Ichigo before and let me tell you I crush him on any game that we played."

Ren: "Huh? I can't wait to see that."

Ai: "Have you went to arcade before, Ren-chan?" Ren nodded in response.

Ai: "Then, let's go!" Just as Ai and Ren about to go to the arcade, Ai notices Ren wasn't moving. Feeling questionable, she decided to ask him.

Ai: "Hmm? What's wrong, Ren-chan?"

Ren: "I just realize, Ai. When we hangout, it kinda feels like we're on a date." Ai blushes when Ren mentioned about dating.

Ai: "R-Really? I didn't noticed that." But then she starting to tease him.

Ai: "Ah. Could it be that you were intentionally wanting to date with an idol like me? Mou! You're so bold, Ren-chan!" Ren shocked when hearing Ai's words as he begins to deny.

Ren: "What? No I just--"

Ai: "*giggles* I am just playing with you, Ren-chan. I know you're not the type of person who does that." she begins to look away while blushing.

Ai: "Although I wouldn't mind if it was you." she whispered to herself.

Ren: "Huh? Did you say something?" Ai shook her head.

Ai: "Oh! Uh... nothing. Let's go, Ren-chan!" she begins to walk to the arcade first. Ren follows along.

(At Arcade)

As they arrive at the arcade, they took a quick look at the surroundings admiring the area filled with arcade machines. They begin to inspect which machine they should try first. Ai spotted one as she tells Ren.

Ai: "Ren-chan! Look over there!" she said as she points at the crane machine. Ren notices as he and Ai walked at the crane machine. The crane machine filled with jack frost dolls. Ai admire them in cuteness.

Ai: "Aww! They look so cute! Hey Ren-chan, do you think you can get one for me please?"

Ren: "Sure, Ai. I'll get one for you." He said as he slot in 200 yen to play. Morgana came out from Ren's bag as he watches him trying to score a Jack frost doll from the crane machine.

Morgana: "Since you have done this before, this shouldn't be a problem. I mean what could possibly go wrong?"

Ren tries to grab the Jack frost doll using the claw from the crane machine but for some odd reason, the claw couldn't grab the doll at the different angle. Ren tries to grab a doll but the doll keeps falling due to weird angle. Ai confuses as to why Ren couldn't grab a doll.

Ren: "Huh? Something is not right. I managed to grab it just like last time. So why couldn't I grab it now?"

Ai: "Uhm Ren-chan. Is something wrong?" Ren shooked his head.

Ren: "N-Nothing wrong! I'll try and get it for you this time."

Ren begins to try another attempt and sure enough the result remains the same. Morgana starting to feel embarrassed whenever he saw Ren making fail attempt on grabbing the doll. He begins to whisper Ren.

Morgana: "Ren. What's going on? You kept slipping off the doll every single time."

Ren: "I don't know. But for some odd reason, I couldn't even grab it properly. Is it because of the machine or am I getting rusty?"

Morgana: "Well whatever you do, keep trying. You're going to embarrass me and Ai here."

Ren: "I know." He said while feeling distressed.

Ren wastes 1000 yen into the slot machine in order to get a Jack Frost doll for AI but after several attempts he still couldn't get one. Feeling defeated, he decided to stop playing.

Morgana: "How on earth could this happen? What happened to the first attempt you did last time? Was it all just pure luck?" He said while feeling disappointed.

Ren: "..." Ren says nothing as he remained silent. Ai notices his disappointment so she begins to cheer him up.

Ai: "Cheer up, Ren-chan. I am sure you're gonna get it next time. It's not the end of the world"

Ren: "..." Ren still remains silent. Ai begins to panic by his reaction. So she tries to find another way to cheer him up. She suddenly had an idea.

Ai: "H-How about this? I'll play it and get the doll for you? Would that make you feel better?" Ren begins to stare at Ai in confusion.

Ren: "Are you sure? Have you ever done this before?"

Ai: "Y-Yes! As a matter of fact, I have done these countless times before so this should be a piece of cake!"

Ai: "That's a lie. I haven't played crane machines before. Oh god I'm such an idiot! But I can't disappoint Ren-chan right now since I'm the one who invited him out." She thought to herself.

Ren: "Hmm... Ok then Ai. I'll leave it to you." He said as he let Ai to play the crane machine. Ai begins to step in as she begins her attempt to grab a doll.

Ai: "Ok. Here goes." Feeling nervous, she tries to grab a doll for her first try. Turns out she was able to get one! Ren and Morgana became shocked when they saw Ai managed to get it in her first attempt.

Ai: "YES!! I got it!" Ai giggles in excitement.

Morgana: "Impossible! How on earth did she do that? There's no way she able to grab it on her first try."

Ren: "I couldn't believe this. She actually did it." he said while feeling impressed by Ai's first attempt. Ai grabbed the prize and tries to handed over to Ren.

Ai: "Here." She showed Jack Frost to Ren.

Ren: "What for?"

Ai: "Well I thought it would be a great idea giving it to you since you failed so many times on getting this doll for me."

Ai: "What I mean is... I just want to cheer you up that's all." Ren stares at the doll and then Ai.

Ren: "Thanks for cheering me up, Ai. But I think you should keep it since you deserved a prize after all. I'll be ok." he said with a smile.

Ai: "Really? Are you sure you want me to keep it?" Ren nodded in response.

Ai: "Thanks Ren. You're so generous." She said while she blushes herself. Morgana begins to whisper Ren behind his shoulder.

Morgana: "Well at the very least she is happy right Ren?"

Ren: "Yeah. I mean she deserved a prize so that's all good."

Morgana: "Still, seeing Ai making first attempt on getting a doll and somehow won. That was crazy when you think about it."

Ren: "What can you expect? She is everyone's favourite idol after all. Luck must be on her side."

Morgana: "*chuckles* I doubt that." Ren turns at Ai.

Ren: "So what else you want to try next?" he asks. Ai begins to look around the surroundings as she saw the machine with the toy guns holstered.

Ai: "How about that one?" She pointed at the machine for Ren.

Ren: "The Gun About?" Ai nodded.

Ai: "That a machine that me and Ichigo played. And I beat him countless times before."

Ren: "Sounds like you got some experience. You must have been played that machine all the time."

Ai: "Not all the time. I only played it whenever I feel bored. But I do come here if I want to."

Ren: "I see."

Ai: "What about you, Ren-chan? Have you played it before?" Ren nodded.

Ren: "I have. Remember I told you yesterday that I asked a kid to teach me on how to deal with the cheaters? Well he teaches me a lot of stuff so I got some good experience when it comes with my gun skills."

Ai: "That sounds crazy. Is this kid really good at playing 'Gun About'?"

Ren: "Oh yeah. You should definitely see his play style. He is really good at it.

Ai: "I should see him when I have a chance. And maybe I should get some tips from him."

Ai: "Anyway. Wanna come and play alongside me? I wanna see your skills that you learned from him."

Ren: "Yeah that would be a nice of change after that nightmarish attempt at the crane machine."

Ai: "Ehehe~ I hope you get ready because I am about to take you on."

Ren: "Bring it" he said as they begins to play 'The Gun About'.

(A/n: Just imagine Ai instead of Makoto here.)

(After playing)

Ai: "Ahhh I'm beat. That was a good play, Ren-chan. I didn't expect that you have such skills when playing. Even I couldn't match up with you."

Ren: "Yours too. I think your gun skills were a top notch. Besides, I can see you barely miss your shot when fighting against the enemies."

Ai: "Ehehe~ Thanks. Maybe I should keep practicing if I want to be at your level."

Ren: "Heh. I bet you should."

Out of nowhere, a boy with a cap notices both Ai and Ren at the arcade but mostly on Ren.

???: "Huh? Is that? Could it be?"

He decided to approach them a little to give a better look. He became shocked when he saw Ren.

???: "I knew it! It is him!" he begins to run towards them.

???: "Oi!!! Onii-san!"

Ren begins to hear a familiar voice which it came from other direction. He turns around to see where the voice coming from until he spotted a boy who came running at his direction.

Ren: "That boy with a cap. Could it be?"

The boy finally approaches them as he saw Ren face to face.

???: "Onii-san, remember me?"

Ren: "You must be... Shinya right?" Shinya nodded.

Shinya: "It's been a while, onii-san. Boy, am I so glad to see you again."

Ren: "Same here, Shinya. You look a bit taller than the first time I met you."

Shinya: "Ehehe~ am I?" Ren nodded as they shared their brofist.

Ai: "Ren-chan, do you know this boy?" Ren nodded.

Ren: "Ai. I would like to introduce him to you. His name is Shinya Oda. He is the one who gave me some tips on how to be good at playing Gun About. He is like a teacher to me."

Shinya: "Oh. I'm not just his teacher, but I'm also known as the 'King' in the Gun About. You should probably seen the high score that I tackled on."

Ai: "Now that you mentioned it. I saw the rankings last time after we finished playing and the one who achieved high score named 'King' as well." Ai begins to realize at what she meant.

Ai: "Wait. That was you?!" Shinya became pleased with a smile.

Shinya: "Yup that's me. It nice to meet you uhm..."

Ai: "It's Ai. Ai Hoshino. That's my name." Shinya became silent when he heard Ai's name.

Shinya: "Ai? Where have I heard that name before?" He begins to think about Ai's name until Ai removes her glasses showing her face to him. Shinya became shocked when he saw Ai's face.

Shinya: "A-Are you? Couldn't it be?" Ai begins to place her at her mouth showing the quiet sign.

Ai: "Shhhh... This is our little secret. Will you promise me not to tell anyone about this?"

Shinya: "I-I won't! I promise!" he said with still feeling shocked.

Ai: "Good boy." she said while putting her glasses on. Shinya turns at Ren.

Shinya: "Onii-san, I didn't know you had an idol like her as your girlfriend. You must be very lucky."

Ren: "Shinya, she's not my girlfriend actually. She just wants to hang out with me in order to lift the heavy burden off my shoulders." Shinya stared at Ren in confusion.

Shinya: "Heavy burden? Is there something going on back in your hometown?" Ren became frown when hearing Shinya's question.

Ren: "Well, yes. But I can't explain it since it was too complicated for you to understand. It not the pretty one I tell ya."

Shinya: "Oh..." Shinya became sad upon hearing Ren's words.

Ren: "But aside from that, what brings you here, Shinya? Did you came here all by yourself?"

Shinya: "Uh-huh. My mom got some work today at Shibuya even though today is Sunday so I'm pretty much out here by myself."

Ai: "Aren't your mom worried that you went out alone?"

Shinya: "No worries. I used to be out here alone when my mom is going out for work so this shouldn't be a problem."

Ren: "And how things going on between you and your mom?" Shinya smiles when Ren wants to confirms Shinya's relationship with his mother.

Shinya: "I was hoping you're gonna say that. Well to tell you the truth, things have become a lot better lately."

Shinya: "Ever since you helped me change my mom's heart, she became a lot more friendlier to me. As the matter of fact, we both became an actual family now!"

Ai: "Change her heart? Ren-chan what does he mean by that?" she said in confusion. Ren starting to sweatdrop as he tries to find a better excuse to make up.

Ren: "Uhm it uhhh...." but then Shinya notices his mistake and begins to interrupt.

Shinya: "Oh by changing hearts, I mean he was having a chat with my mom. Ren was very sociable when it comes to talking to someone so he was able to change my mom's heart by having a wise conversation. Right onii-san?" Shinya winks at him with good luck.

Ren: "Uh yes. That's right. That what I normally do back when I was working at the hospital."

Ai: "Wait. So does that mean you can help other people outside from the hospital too?"

Ren: "Something like that."

Ai: "Wow. That must be kind of you for helping people out there even when you're not in hospital. Ehehe~ Well that makes me like you even more now!"

Ren: "Right..." Ren begins to whisper to Shinya.

Ren: "Thanks, Shinya. You really save me back there."

Shinya: "Don't thank me. I'm the one who slip that up. In any case, I should be the one apologizing."

Ren: "Don't be. At least you make quick thinking."

Shinya: "By the way, what were you guys doing at the arcade?"

Ren: "Oh we're just came here to find anything to play around and we only did the 'Gun About' and..." Ren's words suddenly begins to trailed off.

Shinya: "And?"

Ren: "Ugh. Crane machine..."

Shinya: "Crane machine? What's wrong with the crane machine?"

Ren: "..." Ren stays silent.

Shinya: "Uhm, Onii-san?" Ren still remains silent so Ai decided to talk in his place.

Ai: "Well you see, Shinya-kun..." Ai begins to explain about what really happened.

(After Ai's explanation)

Shinya: "Snrrkk.... Ahahahaha!!" Shinya begins to laugh obnoxiously when he hears Ai's explanation.

Shinya: "What was that?! To think that... you lose to... some crappy... crane machine. I thought you can do better than that?" he said while he slows down his laughter.

Ren: "It can't be helped you know? I already done it for the first time last year so I don't know why I can't do the same thing again."

Shinya: "Dude, crane machines known for being busted. They always kept making players fail by placing the dolls at the weird position and angle. Or rather making the cranes unable to grip the dolls properly so they kept falling off every single time."

Shinya: "What you did last time was more like a pure luck."

Ren: "Is that what really happened? Oh god." Ren become embarrassed at what he just did. Ai tries to cheer him up.

Ai: "C-cheer up, Ren-chan. I'm sure you're gonna get it the next time we visit. Okay?"

Ren: "T-Thanks, Ai. I appreciate it." Ren smiles weakly.

As some time passes, Shinya begins to ask.

Shinya: "Well since you're already done playing those games, is there something else you want to try?"

Ren: "Well not really. We're planning to go somewhere else to visit. Besides, Ai wants to hangout with me."

Shinya: "Is that so?" He turns at Ai as she nodded.

Shinya: "Uhmm, Onii-san."

Ren: "Hmm?"

Shinya: "I know it sounds stupid but can I come along with you?"

Ren: "Huh?" Ren became surprised when Shinya said that.

Shinya: "I mean we haven't seen each other for a long time so I thought it will be nice if I want to get to know you more."

Ren: "I don't think it a good idea to hangout with us right now, Shinya. Your mom might get a wrong impression if she thinks you're going to hangout with some random strangers. Besides your mom doesn't like my first impression when I first met her."

Shinya: "No worries! I already asked my mom everything about you and she said it okay. She also said that she wants to thank you for helping her and me back together."

Ren: "Did she?" Shinya nodded.

Ren: "..." Ren begins to think at what he should do. Shinya begins to look down with regret.

Shinya: "Sorry. I probably shouldn't ask this. It was selfish of me to say that."

Ren: "Shinya I--" But then Ai cuts him off.

Ai: "You can come along." Ren and Shinya's eyes widen when Ai said that.

Shinya: "Eh? Really?"

Ren: "Are you sure about this, Ai?"

Shinya: "He is your long time friend wasn't it? Any friend of Ren can be a friend of mine. Plus I might need to get some tips on how to be good at 'Gun About' so I can be at your level. Right?"

Ren: "Well that's true but--"

Ai: "Then, it's settled!" Ai turns at Shinya.

Ai: "Wanna come along with us?"

Shinya: "Really? Thanks onee-chan!"

Ai: "Ehehe~ Onee-chan? I feel like I am a big sister now!"

Ai: "But promise me that you need to go back to your mom after this, ok? I don't want her to be worried because of us."

Shinya: "I will."

And so Shinya decides to come along with Ren and Ai as they decide to walk around Shibuya.

(At Shibuya)

As Ren, Ai and Shinya walking around Shibuya, they decided to talk each other about things that happened for the past few months and what does Ren do after his return to hometown.

Shinya: "Ehh?!!" Shinya almost screams as Ai and Ren hushes him. Shinya began to talk softly towards Ai.

Shinya: "Onee-chan, you were pregnant this whole time? Is that the reason why you went hiatus?"

Ai: "That's right."

Shinya: "Then, who was the father?"

Ai: "That I couldn't say."

Shinya: "Why? Did something happened?"

Ai: "Not really. It just that it kinda complicated to say the least. A lot of things happened between me and my ex. Things weren't go easy as it seems."

Shinya: "I see. And that how you and Onii-san met each other at the hospital right? Talk about the turns of fate."

Ai: "*giggles* maybe." Ren smiles when hearing Ai and Shinya's conversation.

Shinya: "So when are you gonna give birth to those babies, Onee-chan?"

Ai: "Around September. That will be my due date."

Shinya: "I see."

Ai: "Uhmm Shinya-kun."

Shinya: "Yes?"

Ai: "Do you love your mom?"

Shinya: "Of course, I love her! She took care of me and love me a lot at home. We're like a family after all."

Ai: "I see, that's good to hear." Ai smiles weakly.

Ren notices that something was bugging her whenever he asks Shinya her question. But just as he is about to ask his question, he suddenly felt an uneasiness within him. He begins to stop walking and so as Ai and Shinya. Morgana notices as he pops out from his bag.

Morgana: "Ren, what's wrong?"

Ren: "I don't know. For some reason, I felt like someone is watching us from the distance."

Morgana: "Really? Where?" he said as Ren starts to check around to see where the enemy is at until he spotted a stalker hiding behind the pole. He didn't noticed that Ren has possessed an ability called third eye which allows him to detect enemies from hidden areas as well as from further distance (Yes this happens in the game as well if you use it outside of the metaverse). Ren spotted him as he asks Ai and Shinya to follow him.

Ren: "Ai, Shinya. We have to go. We've got trouble." Ai and Shinya stared at him in confusion.

Ai: "Trouble? Where? Where is it?"

Shinya: "Yeah. Where is it, onii-san?"

Ren: "Just follow me." he said as Ren persuades Ai and Shinya to follow him behind the building. The stalker notices that they went to the building so he quickly chases after them until he realizes that no one is there.

Stalker: "Huh, that's weird? I am pretty sure they went this way."

Suddenly out of nowhere Ren begins to surprise attack on him.

Ren starts to grab his face and begin to pull it out.

Ren: "Show me your true form!!"

(Last Surprise plays)

As Ren tries to pull his face out, the stalker starts to yell in pain.

Stalker: "WHAT ARE YOU PULLING MY FACE FOR?!!!"

Shinya: "Oi, onii-san! What on earth are you trying to do?"

Ai: "Nothing's gonna come off!" Hearing their words, Ren decided to let go of his face and immediately apologizes.

Ren: "Ah, sorry. That was my bad habit."

(Last Surprise ends)

The stalker winces in pain as he looked at Ren in anger.

Stalker: "YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! Trying to ambush me out of nowhere. So you aware that I was tailing you?!"

Ren: "Maybe but you're also terrible at stalking people. So much so that I just noticed you right away."

Stalker: "WAH?!--"

Ren: "And you know what's funny? I know a certain person who done a better job at stalking people than you did. You're just an amateur in comparison."

Stalker: "WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?!!"

Shinya: "You heard him. You're just a messed up adult who was bad at stalking people."

Stalker: "SHUT UP! I don't need some lecture from you, kid!"

Morgana begins to pop out from his bag as he saw a stalker who was blinded in rage.

Morgana: "Looks like he is getting aggressive. Ren, don't let your guard down just because he is an amateur."

Ren: "I know, Morgana. I'll try to be careful. Besides, he doesn't even know who he's dealing with."

Stalker: "What are you talking about and why is there a cat in your bag?!"

Morgana cringes when he calls him the cat.

Morgana: "HYAAA!!!"

Morgana: "I AM NOT A CAT!"

Stalker: "EEK?!" He yelped

Ren: "Whoa I didn't expect Morgana to yell that much." He thought to himself.

Ren: "This here is Morgana. Just to let you know."

Stalker: "I don't give a shit! Most importantly I came here for you!"

Ren: "Me? What did I do?"

Stalker: "Don't even think you play dumb! I known for a fact that you were the one who got Ai pregnant!" Ren, Ai and Shinya became shocked by his words.

Ai: "W-What are you talking about? Ren-chan didn't do anything to me. And he didn't even get me pregnant!"

Shinya: "Yeah. Who told you that? You can't simply accuse him without facts!"

Stalker: "I don't care about that! I saw you both going out together like a lovely couple!"

Ai: "How does that prove anything?! We're just hanging out!"

Stalker: "ENOUGH!! I had enough of this shit! You betrayed me. You supposed to be my idol. You're supposed to be an angel to me. But no! You just went out of the way to get pregnant with some random man! You never love us fans at all!"

Ai begins to tremble when she heard his words.

Ai: "T-That's not..." Suddenly the stalker pulls out his knife as he became hostile towards Ren, Ai and Shinya. Ren begins to take a stand to protect Ai and Shinya.

Ren: "You two stand back! He is too blinded by anger. He ain't gonna listen without a fight. I'll take care of him from here."

Shinya: "But he is armed!"

Ren: " Yeah? Well that doesn't stop me."

Morgana: "Ren, be careful. That guy has became desparate. You better not get stabbed by him."

Ren: "I won't. Now then. Come!"

Stalker: "DIE!!!"

(Will Power plays)

The stalker charges and tries to stab Ren but Ren dodges it perfectly in a swift. Hooded man tries to attack him again but he kept misses his attacks as Ren continues dodging against his slashes.

Ren: "That idiot. He kept attacking while misses every single time. I need to stall him."

Stalker: "STAND STILL!!!"

Ren: "I won't stand still even if you tell me to!"

Stalker: "JUST SHUT UP AND DIE!"

Just as he tries to stab him, Ren dodges his attack grabs his arm in the process. He begins to lift him up forward and slam him into the ground. The stalker tries to get up while in pain.

Stalker: "Argh! Damn you!"

He then turns at Ai and Shinya as they taken step back. Shinya notices Ai's fear as he decides to stop him.

Shinya: "Not gonna let you!" Shinya charges in as he tries to tackle him. But due to the size difference the stalker gains an upper hand as he grabs his body and turns around placing the knife at his throat.

Ai: "Shinya-kun!!"

Ren: "Shinya, hang on!" but just as he approaches him, the stalker halts Ren.

Stalker: "Don't come any closer! One wrong move and I'll kill him!"

Ren: "Tch..." Ren couldn't able to approach him due to the stalker places his knife at Shinya's throat.

Morgana: "This is bad. That stalker got Shinya at the knife point. I need to do something!"

Morgana begins to inspect the area until he saw the platform above the stalker. Along the platform, there is also the stairs that attach to it.

Morgana: "Got it!" Morgana tries to run at the other side signaling Ren in the process. Ren notices Morgana at the other side as he signals Ren to buy him some time. Ren nodded as he tries to distract the stalker.

Ren: "Listen, you don't want to hurt either of us do you? Let's just stay calm and think about it."

Stalker: "FUCK YOU! You're the one who took Ai's purity away! As the matter of fact, you both hangout together! That's fucking bullshit!"

Shinya: "Says from someone who kept throwing tantrum at us for thinking too much about Ai. And you call yourself a fan? Pathetic."

Stalker: "SHUT UP! You don't even know what I have gone through!"

Shinya: "You're right. I don't. And it not like I even know you."

While the stalker distracted, Morgana finally reaches the platform as he waited for the stalker to move towards the right position waiting for the moment to strike.

Ai: "Please. I know that my actions betrayed you and my fans but that doesn't mean that I didn't love you all. I love all of my fans and it includes you."

Stalker: "STOP LYING!! How can I believe your words if you truly forget about us? You never loved us at all!"

Ai: "That's not true! I never forget everyone! Even you, Ryosuke-kun!" The stalker became shocked when hearing Ai calls him his name.

Ryosuke: "W-What?"

Ai: "Your name is Ryosuke-kun right? I remember you. I remember that you always came to one of my concerts. I also remembered that you gave me so many letters at that time and gifted me a container filled with stars. I couldn't be any more happier." she said while her tears starting to pour out from her eyes.

Ryosuke: "Ai..."

Ai: "I know that my actions really hurt you all and I am truly apologize for that. But I only did that because I want to understand the meaning of love! I know it doesn't make sense but that's why I decided to have a family of my own in order to understand what it feels like to be loved."

Ren: "Ai... you..." Ren begins to understand Ai more clearly due to her speech.

Ai: "Ren-chan has nothing to do with this and neither with Shinya-kun. So please don't do this, Ryosuke-kun. Don't do anything to hurt them." She said while begging Ryosuke to stop.

Ryosuke: "Ah..." Ryosuke suddenly became agitated as he started to scream.

Ryosuke: "ARGGHHHH!!!!"

Ren: "No!" Morgana notices as he begins to jump from the platform.

Morgana: "Not on my watch!!" Morgana landed on Ryosuke's head as he uses his claws to scratch his face.

Ryosuke: "ARGHHH!!! GET OFF ME YOU FUCKING CAT!!!"

Morgana: "I AM NOT A CAT!!! It not like you can hear me no matter how many times I said it!"

As Ryosuke releases Shinya from his grip, Shinya quickly kicks him at the back causing him to lose balance.

Shinya: "That what you get for messing with us!"

Morgana quickly jumps off from Ryosuke's head after countless scratches.

Ryosuke: "This... This can't be happening!" he said while in pain.

Ren: "NOW!" Ren and Morgana begin to execute the all out attack.

(Will Power ends)

After the attack ends, Ryosuke laying on the ground unable to move due to heavy damage from Ren's all out attack. He begins to regret after what he had done. He is starting to cry.

Ryosuke: "*sob* What have I done? Where have I gone wrong? This can't be real." he said as he slowly passes out.

Ren begins to check the others to ensure that everyone is in good condition.

Ren: "Shinya, are you alright? Are you hurt?" Ren begins to worry.

Shinya: "I'm fine. Thanks for saving me, onii-san. You were amazing back there."

Ren: "Heh. Same to you. That was quite brave of you. For standing up against the stalker. But you were too reckless to take him on."

Shinya: "I know. I should have known my limits. Sorry."

Ren: "Don't be. At least you're unharmed so that what matters. I gotta say you're quite strong for your age. You must be tough." Shinya smiles when he heard Ren's compliment.

Shinya: "Thanks!" But then his smile turns frown.

Shinya: "Well, I can't say the same for her." he said as he turns at Ai who is standing there crying.

Ren notices as he approaches Ai followed by Morgana and Shinya.

Ren: "Ai..." Ai hears him as she looks up at him.

Ai: "Ren-chan... I... I... *sobs* *sobs*" she tries to answer but she still crying.

Ren comforts her by wrapping his arms around her body.

Ren: "Shhh. It's okay. Everything is going to be okay. You can cry now. I'll never leave you."

Hearing his sweet words, Ai begins to cry loudly as she embraces Ren in a hug. The cries goes on and on until everything goes silent.

End of Prologue - Part 5

Hey guys. KaitouLupin here. I just wanna say that I am very sorry for all the delays in the past few weeks. You see, I for some reason almost lost my motivation to write due to other stuff that I focused on so that why I constantly delayed the progress for the next chapter. But now I got my motivation back, I can finally back to write more.

Oh another thing. You guys may wondering why I decided to bring Ryosuke earlier rather than later. Like I said, I decided to make some alterations on oshi no ko storyline but with some additional events that will help to strengthen the bond with the characters. So that's that.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I'll try my best to keep you guys updated. You can follow my profile to know more. See you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 215 13
A man named Satoru Mikami is killed during a botched mugging and finds his soul reincarnated into the body of a Slime. But he finds himself not alone...
212K 8.6K 13
He cheated on me right before the NFL draft. He blew up our dreams and for three years, I refused to talk to him or talk about him. Then one summer...
4K 171 53
After a strange encounter with a mysterious man, Berry goes from the freak at school to the girl with a hot man tailing behind her. Has she found som...
1.6K 60 9
What if the Leveling system from Solo Leveling was granted to another person, only it helped them grow into the power of Jinwoo Sung and Hagoromo Ots...