The bond I'll never break

By anonymous_AT

TO BE CONTINUED ON JANUARY 15, 2024. Suguru, upon his death, only had one thought: If only..... A regret he w... More

Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05

Chapter 01

30 4 1
By anonymous_AT

"Eh? Did you just get stronger - no, was it your aura?" Toji's smirk grew bigger as he stared at Suguru intensely, his eyes filled with piqued interest.

Where..? Tombs of the star corridor? ...how?

"Don't get distracted now" Toji switched his gun with a split soul katana as he dashed towards Suguru.

Suguru immediately snapped back to reality and dodged the incoming slash from the scarred man. Suguru immediately moved farther away from Toji, glancing at the dead body of Riko. 

4 hours. a heart stops beating 4 hours after death. If I could reach her now and use reverse cursed technique.... 

"Tsk tsk, getting distracted in a middle of a fight is a bad habit, kid" a bullet was shot towards Suguru, thanks to his reflexes, he managed to dodge most of it, but not enough as it still went past his skin, and that was enough to inflict a wound and make it bleed.

Suguru reached out to his cheek, and sure enough, there's blood. I just need to hold this guy back, or maybe knock him out, or just kill him. Suguru raised his hand and summoned his strongest cursed spirits to hold Toji back while he gather all of his curses and turned it into one.

"Extreme Quantity Cursed Spirit Manipulation: Tornado"

Toji dodged and grunted, that brat surely gave him one hell of a headache. He took a quick glance at Suguru who seemed to be conjuring its powerful attack, and that's one bad news to him. Especially when he couldn't even get closer to that brat, or to the vessel.

Maybe I should just grab that vessel and run away. There's no reason for him to stay longer, he already achieved the goal of his mission, all he need is the body and he's good to go. 

Toji immediately took out the playful cloud and attacked all side at once to make at least a space before bursting to one side, he just need to make a hole and he could escape, grab that vessel on the way too.

The rainbow dragon was tossed to one side, Kuchisake-Onna and Smallpox Diety tried to keep Toji in their domain and coffin but failed as Toji busted it open with his continuous attacks, Tamamo-no-Mae's Avatar stared in disappointment at it's team mates before bending the ground they are standing at by it's will and swallowed half of Toji's body. This attack took Toji by complete surprise, there is a cursed spirit possessed by this brat that is not in his profile. Toji tried using his innate physical prowess to destroy the soil bind that the cursed casted on him, but disappointment soon followed as the ground didn't even budge. Just when he was about to use cursed tools to break free, a chill suddenly went rampant in his body. His 5 senses were shouting at him to run away, when he looked up, he saw Suguru smirking at him.

"In 2 or 3 years, my kid will get sold to the Zen'in clan, do-" Splat!

Suguru sat breathless on the ground, staring at Toji's dead body. Fuu, this body is still to weak. Suguru took a deep breathe before using reverse cursed technique to restore the vitality of his body. As he approached Toji's body, his eyes took in how Tamamo-no-Mae's Avatar still have it's usual expression, Rainbow Dragon laying on the ground tiredly, Smallpox deity staring at Tamamo-no-Mae's Avatar in disbelief, and Kuchisake-Onna muttering to herself as usual. 

[A/N: I decided to give the cursed spirits and Shikigami's some life] 

Suguru merely shook his head. Ignoring Toji entirely, Suguru grabbed the Inventory Curse and took out all of Toji's weapon, exorcised the Invetory curse, consumed it to make it as his own, and stored all of Toji's tools back inside. Still taste as disgusting as usual.

[A/N: I am not that clear on how Suguru took possession of this curse spirit so I decided to take the usual path]

Suguru took back the summoned curse spirits as he reached out a hand towards Riko and healed her, he only managed to breathe normally once he felt the warmth of an alive body of a human.

"Let's go home, Riko" Is Kuroi still alive?

In the end, Suguru handed Riko and Kuroi for Nanami and Haibara to be sent off, he also sent the remaining curse spirits he have in his arsenal to guard them, they might get attacked. Right now, his first priority is Gojo Satoru. Been a long time.

SNAP               BLINK              BLINK

Gojo stared blankly at the wooden ceiling, he's back? how?

"Is he awake? why isn't he talking?"

"Ever heard of post traumatic amnesia?"

"That's Gojo Satoru, no way that could've happened to him?"

"Maybe he fried his brain after using it during the fight earlier"

"That.......actually sound plausible"

"Should we call a doctor?"

"Shoko, you're the one we have closest to a doctor?"

"That's for anything curse related, frying your brain for thinking is scientific, we need a non-shaman doctor for it"

"...really? but what if he fried his brain for real? just try your reverse curse technique on him"

"I might actually kill him if I overdo healing him"

"That's possible?"

Satoru sighed, it seems like everything ended well. 

"What happened?"

"Ah you're fine"

"So you're brain didn't get fried after all"

Satoru scowled.

"My brain will never get fried!"

Seems like he's doing fine. Shoko sighed in relief as she watched the two banter like usual.

"......well ain't that great!? We're still the strongest!" After a moment of silence, Gojo Satoru went back to his usual self, beaming as he engulfed Suguru with his arms.

Shoko and Suguru had just explained to Satoru the following events after he 'died', though Suguru explained the most as he is the one at the scene, Shoko merely helped with the events that happened when the school was informed of what took place in their mission.

"Ah, have you talked to Master Tengen?" Gojo Satoru turned towards Suguru and asked. Since they have sent Riko away from here, Master Tengen must've been angered.

"I haven't, and I don't intend to any sooner" Shoko heaved a sigh hearing Suguru's answer, currently, their problem is not Master Tengen, but the higher ups. Oh  well, at least I'm not involved, good luck to these two idiots

"I'm glad you're finally awake, the higher ups would like to have a word with you, you too Suguru" Yaga entered the room unannounced and dropped the most disgusting news Suguru and Satoru could ever receive in their life.

"Ugh/Haa"

A 'word' with the higher ups was anything but pleasant, and this one is not that different, only that Gojo seemed to despise this one the most.

"Can't they understand that we're partners? We're the strongest, especially when we're together, what's up with them!?" Satoru grumbled. Suguru merely gave wry laugh, while Shoko rolled her eyes.

"The only reason we couldn't disobey them because they're more powerful, in the aspect of influence that is, we just need to get stronger, at least strong enough that they couldn't control our actions" Suguru comforted Satoru with his words, however, he was glad and thankful internally. He need to do a lot of things without Satoru's knowledge - a preparation at most. He has seen it, for some reason, the one that sent him back in time, whoever or whatever it is, showed him the future, a future without him. Even though he tried to deny it's existence, and think of it as a mere illusion or hallucination, he cannot fully ignore it's word.

After Satoru recovered, he was sent to a mission, mostly alone. Same happened to Suguru, though in Suguru's opinion, his was a lot easier compared to Satoru's, though that gave him a leeway to do extra things.

"Why would you want these missions?" Yaga stared at his student, Suguru, as his hand clenched onto the rejected mission files - these types of mission are mostly missions that hasn't stayed in the danger zone for too long, like a passing storm, hence most sorcerers rejects it and takes the most crucial missions, those that need immediate attention. These types of missions are mostly called as the disposed ones or the forgotten ones.

But in Suguru's opinion, these missions are time bombs. Generalization is truly a pain in the neck, just because the sorcerers who tried 5 consecutive rejected missions failed to detect danger, they considered all rejected missions to be in the 'safe zone'. Thankfully, Suguru knew better, in his past life, with killing all the non-sorcerers in mind, he used these rejected missions and collected most of his strongest cursed spirits. Right now, he's planning of doing the same, but with a different purpose in mind.

"I merely wish to sate my curiosity and for stretching, I'm afraid serious mission will cause damage to my body" Suguru merely smiled and came up with an excuse. His teacher doesn't need to know.

Suguru stared at the abandoned temple, he could  feel it, the disgusting amount of anger, jealousy, all sort of negative emotions is enveloping the temple. There might be not only one cursed spirit inside, and based on the energy leaking out, the cursed spirits inside is at most a Special grade. Suguru dare not think of his own survival, he merely decided to come and put his life on the line, it is usually when he does this that he manage to obtain strong Cursed spirits. How come no one detected such enormous energy leakage?

"Suguru, when did you get suicidal? should I call a doctor?"

Suguru shook his head once Shoko's words resurfaced, he's not suicidal, he merely lost his fear of death. He fears being alone, and that fear helped him overcome anything.

A shiver immediately run throughout his body once he took a step inside the temple, this will definitely not end good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 2K 11
👹🏅#1 sukunaxreader The Goddess of Death, out of boredom, came once again to this odd reality full of curses and chaos. She left in the Dark A...
52K 1.5K 21
Geto, hopelessly in love with gojo. Gojo, an oblivious friend. They're friendship progresses, but Geto starts to get overwhelmed by the curses, and G...
3.6K 156 9
04 · suguru geto &&. satoru gojo |
19.9K 373 17
Satosugu love story. Satoru got married to the love of his life and he's still wondering if the love of his life loves him still. It's hard figuring...