Villainous Quirk | Scarecrow...

By Not_EmDub

There are no "Villainous" and "Heroic" quirks, at least... that was Y/n's ideology, despite having the opposi... More

Bio
Chapter 1: Dreams (Updated)
Chapter 2: Big 'ol Ball of Sludge (Updated)
Chapter 3: Training with the big man (Updated)
Chapter 4: Entrance Exam (Updated)
Chapter 5: The Results (Updated)
Chapter 6: Quirk Assessment Test (Updated)
New Book Cover
Chapter 7: Aizawa Does a little bit of trolling (Updated)
Chapter 8: Combat Training (Updated)
A/n: Happy 5k reads!
Chapter 9: The Battle (Updated)
Chapter 10: Class President (Updated)
Chapter 11: USJ Invasion: Part 1
Chapter 12: USJ Invasion: Part 2
A/n: Happy 20K Reads!
Chapter 13: Echoes of a Sports Festival

Chapter 14: Obstacle Race (Happy 50k!)

1.3K 63 34
By Not_EmDub

Present Mic: "The UA Sports Festival!! Where the hero world's inchoate little eggs aim for each other's throats and the top! Our grand yearly melee!"

The voice of Present Mic echoed throughout the bustling arena, every seat was filled with onlookers and professional heroes.

Present Mic: "And let me guess, all your miscreants came to see them, right?? The freshly-formed miracle stars that shrugged off a mass villain assault with wills of steel!"

I swallowed deeply and rolled my shoulders back, preparing to step out into the light.

Present Mic: "The Department of Heroics freshman class!"

I pushed all anxieties out of my body and pushed myself forward with my class.

Present Mic: "You're here for Class 1A right!!?"

We walked out of the tunnel into the light and were met with a humongous wave of cheers.

Midoriya: "W-woah, so many people..." Midoriya shook with nervousness.

Y/n: "Can we really draw out our best performances with so many eyes gazing from all directions?"

Kirishima: "Wow, they're really praising us to the sky. I'm getting nervous now! You Bakugo?"

Bakugo: "No way I'm nervous, you're just getting stage fright wuss."

Present Mic announced the arrival of the other classes, B was the other heroics class, C D, and E were from the general studies, and F G, and H were from the support studies.

I felt hundreds of eyes bore into the back of my skull, not only from the audience but the other classes, The statement made by that general studies boy stuck with me.

I need to prove myself worthy of my place in the heroics department, I need to.

A crack of a whip takes me out of my thoughts as we all look to the main stage, where one of the many pro heroes/teachers stood.

Midnight: "Now now, quiet down!"

Tokoyami: "Wait... The '18+' heroine? Is that really appropriate for a school?"

Midnight: "Quiet!" Another crack of the whip silences everyone. "Now! I must call up the class rep!"

Class rep? Did we have one of those? I haven't heard of this and I'm class vice president.

Midnight: "Katsuki Bakugo from Class 1A!"

What? Bakugo?! Who in their right mind would give such a loose cannon an outlet to be... well... himself

Midoriya: "Ehhh!? Our representative is Kacchan!?"

I pinched my nose in frustration.

Y/n: "There is no way this will go over well."

Bakugo made it to the top of the stage and reached the microphone.

Bakugo: "Everybody..."

Silence filled the arena with anticipation, all wondering what he was going to say to the entire country.

Bakugo: "I'm gonna come first place."

My jaw dropped as all the students collectively yelled in an uproar, Bakugo said nothing else as he dragged his thumb across his neck, and got off the stage, not keeping eye contact with anyone.

A lesser mind would've seen this as a simple act of narcissism, but I noticed small details as we walked past, from what Midoriya told me of Bakugo, he would've shouted at the top of his lungs with a grin.

But he deadpanned it, he's not overconfident, he'd put a target on 1A's back, ensuring we're trying our hardest in this festival, if he wasn't full of himself, I'd call it a noble act.

Midnight: "Now without any delay, let's get the first event started..."

The angry students quieted down and listened for the crucial information, I secretly had my fingers crossed for a event that my quirk would work well in, hide and seek maybe... or tag.

Midnight: "These are the qualifiers! It's in this stage that so many are sent home crying every year!!"

Christ, if she were to stall any longer, I think the spectators will go feral.

Midnight: "And the fateful first event this year is...!"

She points to the giant screen behind her, it lighting up to reveal the words: 

OBSTACLE COURSE RACE

...God dammit.

Of all the possible events to start us off, it's one my quirk has next to zero practical uses for! What? can I use my quirk to prevent others from passing me?...

...

Actually... That's not a bad idea...

Midnight: "It's a race between every member of all eleven classes! The course is a four-kilometer lap around the stadium itself! Our school preaches freedom in all things! So as long as you don't go off the course, anything is fair game."

A sigh escapes my mouth as I think about Aizawa's words.

I mustn't hold back with my quirk.

I fiddle with the numerous gadgets adorning my belt, the circular metal sphere catches my eye and I grin internally.

Midnight: "Racers, to your positions..."

Everyone moves to the closed gate leading outside the stadium, cameras watching our every move.

Lord knows whose watching our event, most likely the entirety of Japan.

Everyone is going to see what we're capable of.

They're gonna see what I'm capable of.

I detach the sphere from my belt, feeling the large button on the top, resting my thumb on it.

The top of the gate had three lights on it, the first lights up as everyone mentally prepares themselves.

The second lights up and everyone physically prepares to sprint.

As the third lights up, the buzzer sounds off and everyone begins to run.

Immediately we come across the first obstacle, being the fact that the gate is too narrow, causing a traffic jam of people.

Todoroki sees this as the perfect opportunity to freeze the ground, solidifying the wall of students in place.

I manage to avoid the icy prison, but many others are not as fortunate, being frozen from the ankles down.

Bakugo: "I ain't letting you get ahead that easy Half 'n' Half!" Bakugo screams as he uses his quirk to fly over the frozen students, many others of Class 1A aren't too far behind.

I see this as the perfect opportunity and press the button on the gas grenade, dropping it to the floor as I climb over the frozen students and chase after my fellow students, a laugh emits from the grenade as it hits the ground.

Y/n: "Time to thin the competition..."

The gas spreads quickly as the sound of coughing and shrill 'eeks!' die down.

??: "What is this?... Gas?"

??: "Noo! Spiders!"

??: "I wanna go hooooome!"

Present Mic: "Wow! Look at Y/n L/n from class 1A! He's cut down the participants by at least half!"

His voice sounds on the loud speaker, followed quickly by Aizawa who resides with him in the commentary booth.

Aizawa: "And for members of the audience who thinks this is cruel, Y/n has worked day and night to provide enough antidote to Recovery Lady's clinic, all students effected by his quirk will be well looked after."

I smiled as Aizawa defending me, taking me out of the race for a second and almost slipping on the ice created by Todoroki, I manage to catch myself and chase after my class mates.

Todoroki: "I expected it from our class, but... More made it past than I thought would..."

Unexpectedly, Mineta manages to catch up to Todoroki, pursuing by using his quirk as bounce pads.

Mineta: "Good thinking, staying two steps behind Todoroki. Now it's my turn! How about a taste of my killer-"

Mineta is sent hurtling away as the attacker makes itself known.

0-Pointer: "Multiple targets acquired..."

The zero pointers from the entrance exam, the massive behemoths that Midoriya managed to take down.

But this time, there were at least ten standing side-by-side, towering over Todoroki who has currently stopped in his tracks.

Todoroki: "So these are the faux villains they used for everyone else's test?."

Todoroki crouched low, ice forming on his arm and around him, he mumbles something to himself, I caught a few words, the most important being: "Dad is watching." And with that, he swipes his frozen hand upwards, all three robots frozen still, allowing him to run between the legs and onwards.

??: "He stopped them! We can get through that gap!"

Other students began to catch up to us and witnessed Todoroki's act, but this is a race against everyone, I know he wouldn't beat such a obstacle for his opponents.

My thoughts being confirmed and interrupted as Todoroki says:

Todoroki: "Bad idea. I froze them in pretty unstable positions..."

Loud metallic creaking is heard as the ice falls of the robots, the robots begin to tumble and crash down on the path, blocking it and separating Todoroki from the rest of the participants.

Todoroki: "So they'd fall..."

Present Mic: "1A's Todoroki!! Busting through sabotaging the others in one move!! This guy's COLD!! Amazing!! He's way ahead of the pack!! Almost feels... unfair!!"

I noticed that Kirishima and a Class 1B boy were directly under the robots when they came crashing down, I knew that Kirishima would be alright, but the other one I began to worry for.

As if on queue, Kirishima burst out of the 'chest' of the robot, his quick protecting him from fully.

Kirishima: "That bastard Todoroki! Timing their fall like that! I'd be dead if I wasn't me!!"

??: "Class A's just full of jerks huh?!"

The class 1B boy emerges in the exact same manner as Kirishima, his skin a shiny steel.

??: "I'd be dead if I wasn't me!!"

Ignoring the fact that the two could be possible secret brothers, I climbed over the destroyed robots and was greeted by the other 7, and littering the space between their feet were the 1 to 3 pointers.

I sighed and grabbed the extendable scythe from my belt, extending it and slashing through those I could.

I spotted Bakugo, Sero, and Tokoyami using their quirks to get over the 0 pointers and get ahead of me, I didn't let that deter me and I continued to fight through the smaller robots.

I eventually spot Yaoyarozu creating a cannon and blasting a few of the 0 pointers, whom fall on the rest of the robots, allowing me to put my scythe away and get past, but unfortunately, everyone else as well.

Present Mic: "So the first barrier was a piece of cake!? How about the second?! Fall and you're out!! You gotta crawl across if you wanna make it!!"

Tsuyu is in her element, she uses her froggy attributes to easily crawl across the thin ropes, but my attention is brought away from her as someone familiar laughs to herself.

Hatsume: "Hee Hee Hee, Here we go. My chance to make a splash!"

Uraraka: "She's from the support course!"

Y/n: "Hatsume! You're in your element aren't you!?" I smiled genuinely, something that may have came across as odd to Uraraka and Ashido, who often see me lightly scowling or completely uninterested in class.

Hatsume: "Yes! And I'm gonna show my babies to the world!!" 

Spears fire from her equipment, launching her to another platform.

Hatsume: "Eyes on me all you corporations out there!! Check out my adorable babies!!"

As she disappeared from ear shot, Ashido turns to me.

Ashido: "You know her Y/n?!"

I nodded.

Y/n: "Yes, she helped developed the gadgets on my belt, now lets not stop for too long!"

I grabbed the scythe from my belt, but didn't extend the blade out, instead using it as a balancing bar as I began to tightrope walk the ropes.

It's not as fast as most people, but it's safer than others.

I began to sweat as cameras began to swirl around everyone, moving past us each, as it got close to me, my nerves shot up and I almost lost balance, but it moved away and I regained my confidence.

I repeated this for each and every rope I could, eventually making to the end, far from Todoroki and Bakugo, but I noticed Midoriya right next to me, lugging around a hunk of metal likely taken from one of the robots.

Present Mic: "The leads keep breaking ahead, while the rest of the pack is bunched up! Our racers don't know how many will get to move on, so all they can do is aim for first place!! And you leader has reached the final barrier!! That is to say..."

Present Mic: "I should mention... our mines don't pack a deadly punch, but... They're flashy and loud enough that you might need a change of underwear afterwards!!"

Aizawa: "Depending on the individual of course."

Crap, they've made it to the final obstacle? I need to catch up, I contemplate dropping another gas grenade to buy me time, but realize I only brought only one as all other prototypes would explode prematurely.

I've wasted enough time and begin sprinting toward the minefield.

Bakugo and Todoroki are neck and neck, about half-way across the field, Bakugo barely pulling ahead.

I decide to risk everything and full sprint into the field, passing Midoriya who was pilling mines upon each-other with the scrap metal. 

Before I could contemplate what his plan was, he jumps on top of the mines, using the metal as a brace and the monstrous explosion sends him over everyone, directly past Bakugo and Todoroki, if we weren't opponents, I'd have cheered for him.

But those two aren't going down without a fight, quickly caught up with the still airborne Midoriya, who, using his quick thinking, flipping and slamming the scrap metal down before he hits the ground, causing a smaller explosion that launches him ahead of Bakugo and Todoroki.

Present Mic: "And Midoriya blows off the competition with no time to lose!! Your class is something else, Eraser Head! What're you teaching those kids?"

Aizawa: "This isn't my doing. They've been spurring each other all on their own."

Present Mic: "Well, who could have predicted such an incredible turn of events so early on?! The one who made it back to the stadium first is..."

The loudspeaker's announcement filled me with enough vigor that I pushed forward through the exhaustion and made my way to the finish line back inside the stadium, right behind Yaoyarozu and Mineta, the latter using his quirk to stick onto the back of the exhausted girl.

Mineta: "Two birds, One Stone. I'm a freaking genius!"

Yaoyarozu: "You're the absolute worst!!"

If I had been less exhausted, I'd have gassed him.

I look up and spot All Might in the crowd, he looks down at me with a smile and a thumbs up, I return both gestures.

I made it, and now my quirk is known to the world...

Friend or foe, it's public now, and there's no going back...

???, Unknown Location.

A large computer is projecting the live coverage of the Sports Festival.

Y/n is shown on a large computer screen in the center of three, two others show freezeframes of Y/ns gas cloud and his ID photo.

A man shrouded in darkness sits infront of the screens, resting his chin on his entwined hands, another man walks in with a tray of food.

??: "Oh, watching the UA Sports Festival are we Sir? Any Students caught your eye?"

The sitting man sits up and continues to observe the screen, as the second man places the tray of food infront of the sitting man.

??: "Yes, this student, Y/n L/n."

??: "Oh really? I wouldn't have been able to guess." The second man says with a hint of sarcasm, staring at the ID photo on the monitor. "Are you considering a internship?"

The first man ignores the comment and watches as Y/n walks over to greet Midoriya.

??: "How fast can I get to UA?"

??: "Depends on whether you're going as you...

...

...

...

...

...Or as the Batman..."

A/N

Well... Hi

It's been ages hasn't it!

I'm truly sorry for abandoning you all for so long, this year has been horrible and I've had no time to write.

But now, School is over!

And I have a new laptop, meaning more chapters are on the way!

I appreciate each and everyone of you for getting this book to 50k reads! It's insane!

But now I must once again leave, but rest assured, another chapter is on the way.

Stay Groovy yall, and have a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.2K 31
f/n l/n was accepted into UA, even though she didn't pass any entry exam or physical test. The class who supposed to only be composed of 20 students...
51.4K 2.2K 27
If it wouldn't be for my undercover identity I would have given it all up. nothing ever changed and I am about to lose it. it is hard keeping up the...
44.6K 2.1K 29
Y/N L/N son of two small time villains. With his quirk idle transfiguration, he can change his body to his will using up energy in return. After his...
2.5K 64 8
For many being born into the my hero world was hell as all the woman had quirks but the men didn't so they were treated like shit even Y/n, some men...