His Favorite Crime • Andy Bar...

By chrissybaeevans

After taking a last minute business trip, lies and secrets of the past slowly begin to unravel. Newton's dis... More

Chapter 1' His Favorite Crime
Chapter 2' Traitor
Chapter 3' Enough For You
Chapter 4' Happier
Chapter 5' Deja Vu
Chapter 6' 1 Step Forward, Three Steps Back
Chapter 7' Good 4 You
Chapter 8' Hope Ur Ok
Chapter 9' Brutal
Chapter 10' Somewhere Only We Know
Chapter 11' Time after Time
Chapter 12' Nostalgia
Chapter 13' Too Little Too Late
Chapter 14' Good Luck Andy!
Chapter 15' New Friends & Shoes
Chapter 16' Color Accents
Chapter 18' I'm All Here
Chapter 19' Heavy Heart
Chapter 20' Void
Chapter 21' Knocked Up?
Chapter 22' Pradalicious!
Chapter 23' Before He Cheats - Part 1
Chapter 23' Before He Cheats - Part 2
Chapter 24' Chamomile
Chapter 25' Rough Patch
Chapter 26' Manila Secrets
Chapter 27' Force of Habit
Chapter 28' Special Guest

Chapter 17' Tick, Tick, Tick.

1.2K 75 37
By chrissybaeevans

...................................
Chapter Seventeen : Tick, Tick, Tick.
......................................

Warnings; fluff, angst, Livvie being a normal crazy emotional toddler, Andy being in love with you but stupid to say anything, Steve being Steve, I have you guys on the edges of your seats for a reason! 😏

Words: 5.0k

• Ari & Lana •

"Olivia. Levinson." Lana repeats as her two year old splashes water on her once more, she was just bathing her daughter when of course Livvie turned it into a game.

"Mamaaa, Mamaa." Livvie grins cheekily, saying her mom's name twice because that's the only name she goes by from Livvie.

Livvie plants her hands down on the water again, it wasn't even that high, just about to her hips as she sat down, but still it was enough to cause a mess.

"Okay, C'mere you little whacko," Lana grabs the toddler her towel with cute little ears on the hood. Putting Livvie in her towel, drying her off before wrapping her in it completely.

Ari had Andy over, the two enjoyed some pizza and some beer while they rewatched last nights Red Sox game. All while catching up. Ari felt so good to have his friend back. To have the real Andy back.

"You know I took Y/n out to a game once, a Red Sox game, when you were..." Ari gulps, "in the hospital, and she would pay close attention to what I was saying so she could impress you. Because according to her the next time she steps foot in the stadium it was going to be with you."

Andy's eyes dimmer down, Ari didn't mean to hurt his feelings, to be honest they aren't hurt, he's just so angry with all the time he lost. With you. With Jake. It's not fair. He didn't do anything to anyone.

Yes, maybe he had an affair with you while still legally being married to Laurie. But was he still together with her? No. Did his father in law care? No.

"Has...has she been back?" Andy wonders out loud, wondering if perhaps Steve brought you to a few games as the years passed.

"Nope," Ari takes another swig of his beer, he knows for a fact you haven't been back because you tell Lana everything, and Lana tells him the majority of things you guys talk about.

"Livvie!" Lana shouts suddenly making the heads of both men turn, just then, a spilt second of a tiny girl running past them, mischievously giggling, butt naked, and then in a blink of an eye she's disappeared into the kitchen. Lana rushing after her.

"Terrible twos," Ari smiles at his friend, taking another sip of his beer as he starts to get up and put some sense into his crazy toddler.

"I remember when Jake was that age. I kind of miss it. Now all he does is be with his friends and play on that PlayStation thing."

Planting a hand on Andy's shoulder, Ari sighs, "can we switch kids? Technically Jake is my son, and Livvie of course is like a daughter for you. No one would know a thing," the long haired brunette jokes making Andy chuckle softly.

• Steve & Y/n •

It's almost bedtime, you're so tired from your work day today, it was a long one. You took advantage that Steve had to stay a few extra hours at work to stay yourself at the office and do a few things you had pending.

You're exhausted, and don't want to do anything else but sleep. And eat for that matter...these days you've been feeling strange. Very emotional, hungry and tired than usual.

A little voice in that back of your mind is telling you that the wish Steve has been dying to have...may just be coming true...it's what you wanted too right?

But something is stopping you from taking a test. Something doesn't want you to believe it.

It's been about two days since you last saw Andy, you were seeing him tomorrow though. But meeting Lana for breakfast first though. You couldn't wait to show Andy all the things you plan on getting to make his house come to life.

You're also planning on seeing Roxie tomorrow, late evening, before taking off for a few days so you could visit Steve's family in New York.

You read your book on your side of the bed, Steve's in the shower, he wanted you to join him but you were way too exhausted for any sexy time. He actually respected that and showered alone while you completed your skin routine.

Steve's phone keeps buzzing on his side of the nightstand, you push your brows together, someone was really blowing his phone up. Maybe it was Bucky. Whenever he gets drunk, Bucky starts calling and texting Steve like crazy, repeating how much he loved and missed Steve over and over again.

Peeking a quick look over to his nightstand, you pick his phone up, with a shaky hand, afraid he'd catch you, it was a random number.

-I'm back in the city.

-Just landed tonight.

-I miss you.

-Could we maybe get together?

-I really want to see you.

Steve mentioned how he had cousins from New Jersey who would occasionally go and visit him in the city.

You hear the water stop in the bathroom and your heart races, as you rush to push Steve's phone face down how he left it.

Going back to read your book, not a minute later Steve walks out with a towel around his waist, and a smaller one in his hand as he dried his hair, "was my phone ringing?"

Steve thought he heard something when he was in the shower, and he was more than pleased to see you just reading your book, on your side of the bed.

"Yes, baby, it's been buzzing. But I didn't want to—"

"—thanks, honey." Steve gets it. He knows you aren't nosy or would snoop around in his phone. That's why he loves you so much. You're so obedient.

Picking it up, you watch as he heads to the closet, probably to change into his sleep shorts since he slept shirtless.

You could hear the keyboard sound on his phone, consistently too, which only meant he was texting back whoever texted him in the first place. You don't throw too much mind into it.

It's probably family, or who knows someone he works with. So you fold your book back and take your glasses off, setting both on the nightstand and you fall asleep.

Steve will be annoyed you fell asleep without trying for the baby, which you've both been doing every morning and night. Sometimes even a quickie throughout the day.

But you're just too exhausted tonight, and if you know Steve well he won't have the heart to wake you up.

• Nat & Bucky •

Nat huffs a strand of her hair away from her face, her head is still pounding from going out and getting drunk two days ago...

It's late at night and Bucky has called her in for a meeting...in the living room.

"You do know we aren't at work, right?" Nat points out, "which means you don't have to set up a meeting in our living room."

Bucky paces back and forth, Nat's eyes following him as he did so. A concentration face on, his hand over his mouth as he walked back and forth, back and forth.

Nat hasn't really mentioned what she revealed that night at the club. Not a word has she said to Bucky, or even an explanation at that. Well, he's about up to here with her, and he's going to find out absolutely everything...right now.

"I'm going to go shower, and get out of this skirt, it isn't as comfortable as you think," she tells Bucky, pushing the fabric down her thighs as it had ridden up, Nat starts to get up before Bucky pushes her down by her shoulders. Keeping her on the couch.

He continues to pace in front of their coffee table. Nat watches as he walks around, deep in his thoughts, stopping at the window, before walking around her on the couch.

"How long?" Bucky finally stops right in front of Nat, his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes narrowing in on her as he pays every ounce of attention. Not wanting to miss one detail.

Nat throws her hands up in confusion, blinking nonchalantly at her friend.

Bucky rolls his eyes and scoff, throwing his arms down in frustration, "how long have you been in love with Steve!"

"Oh," Nat says quietly, her eyes drifting away for a second as she thinks of the first time she met Steve. They were both late to work, rushing on the subway to catch the last one for Manhattan, he offered her the last seat and he stood beside her holding on to the rail.

They smiled at each other a lot, Nat's never seen a man more handsome than him, so tall and strong.

When they arrived to Manhattan, they both headed in the same direction again, come to find out that the guy Nat was supposed to start working for...was him.

After that a beautiful friendship bloomed, but along the way, Nat fell flat on her face for the blonde hottie. And his motorcycle, and the way he crinkles his nose when he sleeps, and the way he laughs at all her jokes.

Nat makes a deep sigh, all that is worthless now, she's too late. It's too late, and Steve wasn't the guy for her. It's fine. There's plenty of fish in...Manhattan?

"Since I met him on the train my first day at the firm." Nat reveals and Bucky gasps again. Being shook all the way down to his toes.

"Oh yeah," Bucky snickers sarcastically, "eight fucking years ago?! You're shitting me!"

Nat smiles as she remembers again, sighing dreamily as she remembers all the good times she had with Steve, "okay, Barnes, now that that's over with I'm getting out of these clothes and going to sleep. So stop bothering me with pointless questions." Nat stands and makes her way to her room, bare foot and with her heels tucked in her hand.

"Pointless?!" Bucky is quick to follow her, "you're telling me that you're going to continue to keep this a secret? Nat, this is eating me alive! I can't live like this!"

She chuckles at her friend, opening the door to her room and stepping inside, leaving the door a bit open as she emerges through the space, "I did...for 8 years..." and she closes the door leaving Bucky out in the hall.

• Andy & Jake •

"Three buttermilk pancakes," Andy lays a plate of delicious warm pancakes in front of Jake.

It's been hard ever since it's just been the two of them. Andy now has the juggle the role of mom, dad, friend, chef, nurse, teacher...all by himself.

Andy never even cooked so much as his own eggs...Laurie used to do that for him and for Jake, and after he met you, you would always cook for him.

But, those tutorials on YouTube sure come in handy. They're easy to follow. But at the same time very complex, kind of like any case he works. Each recipe is unique and has their own set of ingredients and times, like cases he works they're all different.

Jake scrolls through his phone...an app called Tik Tok if Andy remembers, Jake's addicted to it and Andy, like any parent, is trying to limit his time on there.

"Jake, come on, put your phone away the bus should be here soon."

"Sorry," Jake mumbles and devours his breakfast, and drinking all his orange juice.

"So..." Jake says while he plays with his empty plate, Andy was just sitting down to eat his breakfast.

"So..." his father chuckles while echoing, cutting into his pancakes, and putting it into his mouth, Andy chews as he watches Jake's facial expression.

"Do you like Miss Y/n?"

Andy absorbs the question in, staring into Jake's eyes for a few seconds before looking down at the plate before him.

Like isn't even the word to describe the way he feels for you. He's in love with you. You consume his thoughts day and night, he adores you. The woman who makes his heart race and makes him feel like the only man in the world.

God, what he'd do to be taken back to the night he met you.

"Well, uh, we have a lot of history, son," Andy says, not really sure what to say, but thankfully he's saved by the bell, the bus appears and honks, letting Jake know it was here.

After saying their goodbyes, Jake walks out the door with his bag on his shoulder, and Andy smiles as he begins to tidy things up...because you were on your way again to see him.

• Y/n & Steve •

This morning you didn't feel too good, you felt like you had to throw up but nothing would come out. Still, you forced yourself to put your work clothes on so you could head to the office. And see the clients you needed to today.

But seeing Steve's packed luggage in the foyer tugged a distressed frown on your lips. As you were getting ready to leave to Andy's to finish up the details of his home.

"Is the car here, doll?" Your husband appears and his hands on your hips, bringing you in closer.

"Stevie....um....what....happened...." You can't seem to find the words to speak. He chuckles at you being adorable, and kisses your lips.

"I figured I'd visit Nat and Buck on my own, and finish up some loose ties I have over there at the firm. I'll only be gone the weekend, baby." He explains, but it just doesn't sit right with you. This is too confusing.

You have a pout on your lips which he kisses off, he knows you're upset about him leaving, "but...we were supposed to go together. I-I canceled my meetings scheduled for work." You look into his eyes, they are only a bit apologetic.

"I know, baby, I know, I'm sorry." He wants to say more when the car honk rings through your home, "I'll be back and we can look into flying together a few months from now. Hopefully with the news that we have a little one on the way?"

His dashing smirk makes the butterflies in your stomach bloom, as he presses his hand into your belly, and kisses your lips - flashes of a giggly chunky little baby invading your mind, anytime Steve is with his friends he tends to go a little crazy.

"Stevie," you put your hands to his chest while his hand remain on your hip, and the other on your belly, "no drinking..."

The look on his face says it all, you find the confidence to keep reprimanding him, "please, Steve, just take it easy okay?"

The car honks again, and Steve steals a kiss from your lips, "alright sweetheart, I'll call you as soon as I land. I'll tell Buck and Nat you say hello."

In a flash he's gone, out the door with the chauffeur rolling his suitcase out for him, he steps inside the car, and it drives away. He left so quickly he didn't even notice you looked physically ill.

You're left feeling odd, a bit relieved you won't have Steve looming over your shoulder every second of every day...but then a bit sad he's going to be away.

But then again...you don't have Steve breathing down your neck every second of every day!

A guilty smile replaces the pout, and suddenly you're filled with this intense confident and freedom. And it takes your mind off the nauseating feeling.

Steve is gone and suddenly the sickness is too...

• Andy •

Andy waits on the couch for you to arrive, but then he feels maybe he should have lunch maybe ready for you? Could you be hungry?

Did you already eat lunch? You have a whole husband, of course you had lunch already.

Maybe you'd like some more wine? He paces around the coffee table thinking of what to do. He's restless. He wants to impress you. He's dying to let you know that he's back.

That he wants to shout off the rooftops that you are his, that he's in love with you, he always has been.

"Are you okay?" Your voice is heard and Andy turns on his feet to see you standing there. Gorgeous as always. With your bag hanging on your arm and some folders tucked in the other.

The puzzled look on his face makes you giggle, "I came in through the open front door."

That snaps Andy into reality, "Jake must've left it open. I'm sorry."

You shake your head, and set the folders and your bag down on the coffee table, "don't apologize....teenagers right?"

Andy's the one to chuckle this time, "please, sit."

Watching your bottom collide with his sofa, he peels his eyes away from his almost favorite thing about you. He can't help it. But stare at it through your skirt. That ass, god, every-time he looks at it, he gets flashes of holding it and touching it.

Clearing his throat he finds confidence to speak again, "did you eat lunch yet? I can order us something."

Us.

That one conjunction in that sentence makes you clamp your thighs a bit more tighter together, unfortunately you did eat. You ate what Steve had gotten for you before he left. So you had a belly full of food.

"Oh I had lunch, yes," you don't know why you're still so nervous speaking to Andy. You know he isn't all there anymore. But sometimes the way he talks and the way he looks at you begs to differ.

You lie though, you haven't had anything to eat expect for saltine crackers and some tea this morning. The thought of food still makes you nauseous so you don't want to think about it.

Now that Steve is probably on a plane to New York by now, it's like you can finally think clearly. And every little gesture Andy makes you're staring to second guess.

Maybe it's just your brain playing tricks on you. The way his fingers sort of levitate towards yours when they get the chance. And the way he's kind of fighting to lean into you...

• Ari & Lana •

"Ari, she won't stop crying," Lana holds her crying toddler in her arms. Her little arms reaching out to her Dad's when she spots him.

She's already fed her, warmed up milk, gave her a snack, tried to play with her, gave her a bath. She's just in an irritable mood.

Ari spins around in his desk chair, taking his glasses off, he opens his arms and Lana sets their daughter down, she's still crying, "baby, what's wrong? You want a nap?"

"No!" Livvie shakes her head, wiping her tears with her hand, but holding her Dada tight.

Lana rubs Livvie's head with her hand, "do you want to go to the park?" Her mother speaks.

Livvie takes a big breath in between a sob, her parents don't understand!

"I miss Unca' Andy, I want Unca' Andy. Jakey." She frowns before more tears fall down, Lana and her husband exchange a look.

Livvie has grown very close with Andy and Jacob, since they're almost always over at the Levinson's home, especially every Sunday for Sunday dinner.

"Olivia, baby, look at Daddy," Ari speaks in a cool regulated voice, waiting for his baby girl's big teary eyes to fall on him, "take a deep breath. Dada is going to call Uncle Andy and see if maybe we can go to his new house? Does that sound good?"

She pants for air, "he has...new house?"

"Oh yeah. A big one too, maybe we can bring some of your dolls," Ari finds relief in calming his baby girl down. After that little tantrum, a bottle of wine is looking so fucking good to Lana right now.

Olivia's eyes lighten up, and suddenly she doesn't feel sad or feel like crying anymore, "sound' good." Her little strained voice calls out.

• Steve •

"So how was your flight?" Nat opens another bottle of wine, pouring into the empty glasses of Bucky, Sam, and Steve.

She can't help her heart clench at the sight of him here—and better yet, alone. It feels like old times.

Nat doesn't even process Steve's answer, just staring at his biceps through that tight fucking shirt, that million dollar smile, that contagious laugh. Man, is she in deep.

"I can't take this anymore," Bucky huffs out, and rises from his seat on the couch, eyes locking with Steve, "Steve...Nat has something to tell you."

The boys all look at the redhead sitting way across from them, Steve watches her with amusing eyes, and a playfulness to his lips, only because he finds Bucky's jitters, funny, he's been weird and nervous and anxious ever since Steve walked into his old apartment.

"What's up, Romanoff?"

Avoiding glaring daggers into Bucky's face, Nat remains collected, "we have new neighbors. They're from Brooklyn, maybe you know them?" Nervously Nat reaches for her glass, desperate for a sip of the red liquid to calm her.

"Hmm...I might," Steve doesn't seem to care much, he's more confused on the part to why Bucky is so anxious about Nat telling him about the new neighbors.

Living the majority of his life in Brooklyn, Steve has grown up with a lot of fellow New Yorkers, so naturally he might know the brother of the cousin of the sister, of the corner store owner.

"How's the baby making going?" Sam asks, finishing his wine up, before settling his glass on the coffee table.

"Fantastic," Steve smirks, "I'm positive I've knocked her up already. Shouldn't be long until I'm right back here with her telling you guys we're expecting."

"You guys thinking about moving here?" Sam asks, because Bucky is too busy glaring at Nat to get her to say the truth.

"Absolutely. I want to start a family here, Y/n is on board too. As soon as we find out we're pregnant, I'm putting a down payment on a house I'm checking out tomorrow."

Sam smiles big, "That's wonderful!"

Bucky is just as shocked as he was when Nat told him her darkest secret, "you're moving back?"

Steve takes another sip of his wine, he knows he hasn't brought it up to you, but you'll agree to move since you'd be carrying his baby, "yup, fingers crossed. I'll be back home this fall. Boston is too slow for me. I miss the city."

Steve is happy. Genuinely happy. With being married. With trying for a baby. That's all Nat needs to know for sure she can't ever, ever, let him know her true feelings. And now he was moving closer with his wife.

Which is why she needs to shut Bucky up.

Despite the fact that she's physically queasy thinking of you having Steve's first baby. And his second and third. She remains calm, until she doesn't really want to hear about how good of a wife you are, and how good of a mother you'll be.

So she walks away into her room. Excusing herself from the guys.

• Andy & Y/n •

"What's this one's name?" Livvie hands you a doll, the Levinson's just showed up not too long ago.

With an excited toddler, and two exhausted parents. Lana was so exhausted she's taking a nap in one of Andy's empty spare rooms.

Ari and Andy's conversation is just background noise as they drink a few beers, and you pay more attention to your goddaughter.

Her eyes are still a bit teary, Lana told you she had been irritable and crying all afternoon, moments like these, hanging out with Ari, Lana and Andy felt so normal.

Full of joy.

"That's teacher Barbie," Livvie speaks up, yanking out another doll from her sparkly purple backpack, "she wears glasses."

"She's beautiful," you pet the doll's hair, and sit her properly as Livvie turns to hand Andy the doll she pulled from the backpack.

"Unca' Andy!" The toddler interrupts the two men's conversation, you can't stop the butterflies in your tummy as Andy smiles warmly at Livvie.

Her small hands on his knees after she shoved Astronaut Barbie into his hand, his eyes avert to you, with a gentle crease in his forehead. He looks handsomer than ever.

You always loved that little twinkle in his eye, and envied the fact that his hair was always so perfectly in place. Now you were blushing—and hard, so you force yourself to look away.

Just then Lana comes in, looking very well rested, "Mumma!" Livvie spots her Mom and rushes to hug her.

"Hi baby," Lana picks her up and takes her to where she was sitting, but instead of Livvie sitting there on her knees like she had been for the past hour, Lana takes a seat beside you, holding her daughter.

"Are you having a good time with your godmother?"

"Yah," Livvie responds, finding a way out from her mother's hold and using her little feet to walk to her Uncle Andy.

You watch as she throws her hands up, not to her favorite person in the world - her father - but to Andy, who has a big smile on his face when he picks her up and places her on his lap.

"So you're are working on Andy's house?"

When Lana and Ari arrived to Andy's they're were very pleasantly surprised to find you already in his living room, working on decorating his home.

It's been a busy couple days, and you feel bad you haven't kept Lana in the loop. Before you'd call her everyday.

Your eyes drift to Andy again, Livvie is pressing her two little hands on each side of his beard, just simply patting. Making the two men chuckle.

"Yeah," you breathe out, and look at the sort of sadness looming in Lana's eyes, "I'm sorry for not calling," you frown and reach for her hand, "it's just with Steve, and work, and trying for the..." you gulp and make sure Andy isn't listening, not that it'd affect him anyway, "the baby. I've been swamped."

"Hey, it's okay," seeing the genuine concern on your face, "I just miss you is all. We miss you."

Your best friend seems worried for you, but she doesn't say it. She doesn't want to scare you. But if Lana knows better, she knows Steve is changing you. Almost shutting your loved ones out so he can have you all to himself.

"Lana..." you speak, "...is it just me...or does Andy seem...different?" You gulp the dryness in your throat.

Lana looks back to see Andy playing with her daughter, making her laugh, "I'm not sure. Does he seem different?"

You were the one to always know him completely. Inside and out. Along with her husband Ari, who been best friends with Andy since college.

The gestures are just so alike, that crooked smile, the eyes. It feels way too real. Just how Andy acted before the accident.

"Who wants wine?" Ari asks, and it makes you and Lana turn around. You realize you never really answered her.

Andy was different...that's for sure.

"Me, babe, please." Lana reaches for an empty glass that Ari was balancing with his fingers, and you pluck the other glass out of his hold.

He pours a generous amount to each of your glasses, again, you shouldn't be drinking, you're trying to get pregnant! Alcohol won't do that for you. And you're feeling under the weather for Christ sakes, maybe wine is what you need to feel better.

Yet the opposing voice in your head isn't strong enough to stop you from taking a sip, which turns into another full glass. Which then turns into four full glasses half an hour later.

"No, baby, this is yucky," Lana is quick to convince her toddler of the red liquid in her glass. Of course Livvie is curious and wants some of what the adults are having.

You support your friend and make a face as you take a sip, "ugh, Livvie, I'm so glad you don't have to drink this!"

"Yuck!" Andy adds in, contorting his facial expression. Olivia watches around her, her little fingers clasped together.

Then her father was shaking his head when Livvie looked at him, just about to ask for some of his wine, "this isn't for sweet babies like you, angel, do you want some apple juice instead?"

Olivia nods excitedly, if she can't have the yucky red liquid she at least wants to be drinking something too.

"She has FOMO," Lana whispers to you, "always has to be doing whatever Ari and I are."

Hanging out with your best friend, your goddaughter and Andy, felt so natural, so calm.

"When are you going to tell her?" Ari whispers to his friend, who can't take his eyes off of you. Your shoes were off and your legs were out, and crossed since you were in a skirt, speaking about something to Lana.

Andy is desperate to tell you. Confess that he's all here this time. That he remembers every. single. thing. Every kiss. Every breath. Every getaway trip.

"I don't know how to." It's killing Andy not to say anything. He doesn't know what's stopping him. He knows for a fact you don't love Steve. You didn't move to New York with him for a reason.

Maybe it's the fact, no, the fear that perhaps the time that has passed you learned how to be without him, which also made you stop loving him.

"You're running out of time, Andy, it's now or never. Trust me. Trust me, before she ends up—" Ari stops himself from saying more. Stupid. Stupid. How is he going to let something like that slip?

Doesn't matter anymore. Andy doesn't have enough time left. You were moving on with your life, and he needed to say something before it was too late. Before you were branded to Steve, forever.

"Before she ends up what, Levinson?" Andy is stressed, Ari could tell by his voice and the crease in his forehead.

You and Lana were chatting away with Olivia, something about the dolls, Ari takes another long sip of his wine.

"Before she can't get rid of Steve, for good, Andy."

Andy's breathing increases, "what the hell is that supposed to mean?" All he sees is red, his body filled with this red hot anger. There's a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, it's making him anxious.

Ari doesn't say anything, but they both look at you.

Time is ticking.

Tick, tick, tick.

• Y/n •

"He wants another baby, my big man of a husband," Lana complains to you, seems like Steve isn't the only one with baby fever, "he wants to try for a boy. And I keep telling him we can't try for a gender, it's whatever it wants to come out as."

You chuckle at her, she seems stressed about this, "well, and what do you think? Do you want a second baby?"

She sighs, "I do, because he convinced me that our son would look like him. And now I can't stop thinking of a little boy with his eyes and a little hat to match his Daddy."

"You guys should try for the boy then!" You'd be thrilled to have another baby to spoil, to hold, to love.

"Not you too," Lana groans, "I don't know, babies aren't easy—scratch that, babies are easy, toddlers are anything but easy! Livvie is making me pull my hair out."

"Ahem," a shadow looks over you and Lana, turning you see Andy, and all his glory, just standing there looking at you, when your eyes meet his he smiles, making you smile too.

"Sorry to interrupt ladies, but, uh," he visibly swallows, his adam's apple bobbing, "can I talk to you?"

You look at Lana who smirks at you, you want to tell her to stop smiling at you like that, but whenever Andy is looking at you, words disappear.

Andy reaches out his hand to help you up, and you take it, he's always been such a gentlemen, with you anyway. With a strong, but gentle tug he pulls you up.

And leads you into the kitchen, Ari gives Andy a thumbs up, and so does Livvie trying to copy what her father is doing.

He places a hand at your back, until you're both in the kitchen, you're fully expecting him to ask something about the house... when he catch the look in his eyes, it makes you shiver.

It's almost like your old Andy was here, staring at you.

"I have something to tell you," He breathes out, placing his wine glass down on the empty kitchen island while you nervously held yours, "that I've been meaning to tell you..."

Why was your heart pounding? Threatening to leap out of your chest?

"Okay..." you smile and remain professional. Was he not liking the way the house was looking? Did he want to change interior designers? What was it?!

"I should've told you this when I found out myself, but I waited, because well you're married now, and I didn't want to hurt you, or confuse you." He seemed really worked up over what he was about to confess.

"Andy," you gulp, and reach for his hand which was just about starting to tremble, "what is it? I-I can change the design if it's not what you hoped. I just thought the clean, modern look would—"

Andy places a hand on the side of your face to grab your attention, and your heart stops at the mere touch of him on you again.

Andy's heart is racing, he thinks he might even have a heart attack the way you're looking at him. He just wants to kiss you. And tell you how much he misses you.

It crushes him to know that you think he doesn't love your work. He adores it. He adores you.

"No, baby, the-the house is looking beautiful." His voice is gentle, just like the soft sweep of his knuckles on your cheek, "I'm all here. Y/n," he takes another breath, and suddenly you feel lightheaded, what does he mean?, "I'm here—"

A sharp cry is heard, and both you and Andy turns heads, it's a blood curdling cry, that makes you rush to the living room, Ari was holding a crying Livvie who was holding her forehead.

Lana hovering over her, there's all these emotions running through you, confusion, excitement, anxiety, as you watch the blood trickle down Livvie's baby hands.

"She-she tripped and hit her head on the coffee table," Lana's voice shakes, as she speaks, explaining to a worried you and a scared Andy, "I-I took my eyes off of her for one second."

"Baby, it's not your fault," Ari tries to be supportive, "she's really bleeding, we-we gotta call 911," Ari grabs his wife's hand to get her attention...

Seeing Lana was freaked out, this being Livvie's first scary accident, he looks over at you, seeing you were out of it as well, his eyes avert to Andy.

"Andy please call 911!"

a/n: next part will focus more on what Andy started to confess!!!! We are so so close to finding out. And I also have the next part ready to go, so no more waiting a month or something to read, next part should be up soon!! 😍💚

A lot of time goes into my writing and my content guys, and your comments and votes just make it all worth it 🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 787 14
So, I've been obsessed with Gloxinia from Nanatsu no Taizai (Seven deadly sins) lately, so I decided to make this book. I'm probably going to regret...
321K 5.3K 71
This is a Chris Evans x y/n story. You and Chris star in marvel movies together and you are good friends. But will it turn to more? SMUT WARNING!! D...
56.8K 1.5K 29
Andy Barber, a public name, one many knew, whether the reason was good or bad. When his family life falls apart, rage takes over everything in him, t...
9.4K 472 12
Five boys...five different love stories. Read about Hayden, Andy, Steve, Colin and Johnny love stories and how they realize love isn't at all what t...