RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.3) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celti... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Volume 1-3 End Song

Chapter 18

210 11 1
By ZANE_555

(The Next Day)

Walking through the hallways of Beacon, Y/N is hanging out with Neon since most of his team and JNPR are out doing their own things at the moment. 

As he chats with the spunky Faunus, Y/N get a text message from his scroll. 

Qrow: "Meet me at Glynda's classroom for some training, kid."

Y/N: ("Alright then.")

Y/N then turn his head to Neon.

Y/N: "Sorry, Neon, but I got to meet up with someone."

A smug expression form on Neon's face.

Neon: "Oh, is it a girl~?"

The unamused Y/N roll his eyes at her remark.

Y/N: "Haha. Very funny, Neon."

Neon: "I know. Just teasing. Then again, am I really wrong?"

Y/N quickly turns to Neon.

Y/N: "What makes you say that?"

Neon: "Well, from what I seen, you sure know a lot of girls here at Beacon."

Y/N: "Hey, that's not true. I know plenty of guys too."

Neon: "Oh, really?"

Y/N: "Yeah. There's Jaune, Ren, Fox, and Yatsu. There's also Team SSSN too."

This is when Velvet pops in, approaching him with her camera in her hands.

Velvet: "Y/N, check out these photos I took."

Y/N: "Oh, let me see."

The bunny Faunus goes to show Y/N the photos in her camera, all while Neon spectate this, seeing Velvet pressing herself onto Y/N and being a bit close to him. 

Y/N: "Wow, these pictures look nice. Especially that photo of the moon."

This makes Velvet smile and nod happily.

Velvet: "I know. I'm quite proud of it. Oh! I forgot. I have to meet up with my team. See you later, Y/N. Sorry for disrupting your chat."

Y/N: "See you later, Velvet."

Y/N just waves goodbye to her, staring after Velvet for a moment until he turns his attention to Neon, seeing the smug look she has going on.

Neon: "Hmm...~"

Realizing why she has that expression, Y/N quickly retorts back.

Y/N: "That little interaction doesn't count, alright?"

Neon: "If you say so~"

Y/N: "Quit it."

Neon giggles at this.

Neon: "Okay, okay, I'll stop. Anyway, I got to go too. Going to go check up on my teammates."

Y/N: "Sure, bye then."

Neon happily waves back to him before running or roller-skating away as Y/N stare after her. After some walking around and getting his gears and weapons, Y/N head towards Glynda's classroom where he was supposed to meet up with Qrow. Once he opens the door, he finds the classroom empty with Qrow nowhere in sight. Realizing his mentor is not here yet, Y/N sighs.

Y/N: "Of course. Probably getting something to drink first. Might as well wait for him."

After waiting for around five minutes, Y/N hears the door open to reveal Qrow, walking inside the classroom and drinking from his flask. Crossing his arms and giving a deadpan expression, Y/N remarks.

Y/N: "Hm, sure took your sweet time."

Qrow: "Right, right, sorry. Went to get a drink to fill in my flask. By the way, are you using your flask well?"

In response, Y/N take out his own flask, moving a bit to indicate a drink is inside.

Y/N: "Just water, Qrow."

Qrow chuckle to himself as he walks up to the training arena, putting away his flask.

Qrow: "Alright kid, let's get started. Gotta make sure your skills haven't dulled since we last met."

Y/N: "That's why we're here. To have ourselves a sparring match."

Y/N then smirk, taking out Crimson and Violet from their holsters.

Y/N: "I'll have you know, Qrow. I done a lot of training here at Beacon and the rooftops."

Qrow: "Rooftops?"

Y/N: "I'm not the same as I was before. This time, I'm taking you down."

Qrow chuckle to his statement. 

Qrow: "Yeah. Keep telling yourself that, kid. What makes you think you-"

Suddenly, Y/N appear behind his mentor, his blades raised high in the air, ready for a strike. Y/N brought it down with all his might only to hear the sound of metal hitting against metal. He sees Qrow has brought out his longsword, Harbinger and position it behind him in a way that would block his strike. Qrow smile at this, still facing forward and not looking over his student.

Qrow: "Not bad, kid. Wasn't expecting that. But you'll have to do a lot harder than that to win this one."

A smirk form in Y/N's face.

Y/N: "Don't worry, I'm just getting started."

Y/N jump backwards to create some distance between him and his mentor. Qrow finally turn around to face him, holding his blade in one hand, and a big smile on his face. 

Qrow: ("Heh. Just like old times.")

Y/N charge forward as he and Qrow began to engage in a speedy blade combat. The sound of metal clashing against metal is the only thing that can be heard in the classroom as they execute strike after strike, blow after blow.

Qrow: "Hey, you've actually gotten better, kid!"

He moved backwards to avoid a strike then suddenly reach out and grab Y/N's arm. Twisting on his feet, Qrow flung his student to the other side of the arena, and Y/N land hard on his back. 

Qrow: "Your base skills may have gotten better but, you still need some improvements."

Y/N got up from his spot, a bit irritated from that fall he had taken. As he does, Y/N puts Crimson and Violet away as he unsheathes Grimm Slayer.

Y/N: "Alright then, now I'm done with the warm-up."

His mentor is quite surprised to see him take out that sword only to smirk, getting in a fighting stance.

Qrow: "Then let's see what we're working with here."

Qrow and Y/N dash at each other again, resuming their combat with last almost an hour. This time Y/N is able to keep up with Qrow, though it doesn't seem that the huntsman was really going all out. Y/N arched backwards to evade a strike aimed at his chest and then retaliate with a strike of his own. Qrow spun to the side to avoid it, and using his momentum, brought swung his leg upwards, delivering a swift kick to Y/N's jaw. This makes Y/N stumble only to manage to balance himself. Y/N then turn to glare at Qrow with his red crimson eyes.

Qrow: "Good. Now, attack me with your slashes. Let's see how much of that power you can draw out within yourself."

Y/N grip his blade tightly with both of his hands, and slash with all his might, sending an arc of a shockwave straight at Qrow. Using his longsword as a shield, Qrow block the strike completely, though the force of the attack makes him move back a few feet. Once the attack end, Qrow looks back at his student.

Qrow: "Impressive. Didn't think you can do that with that sword of yours."

Y/N: "Yeah, I didn't think I can do that either."

Qrow: "But you need to add more power to the attack."

Y/N: "Like what? My aura?"

Qrow: "Heh, yeah. We can do that, considering you have a lot of aura."

The huntsman then points Harbinger at Y/N.

Qrow: "Come on kid, you can do better than that."

With a mighty shout, Y/N gives another swing of his blade, and out comes another arch of a shockwave heading towards Qrow. Eyes widen a bit, Qrow block it once more with Harbinger, but the force of the slash sent him flying off the arena, but he ultimately landed on his feet with using his longsword to support him. Y/N walk up to him with a smirk on his face.

Y/N: "So, how was that?"

Qrow returns the smirk with his own, putting away his blade.

Qrow: "That last attack was on point."

Y/N also put away his Grimm Slayer.

Y/N: "Well, I think I'm done with training for the day."

Qrow then look over to the training arena, seeing multiple cracks scattered in it.

Qrow: "Yeah, we certainly showed the arena who's boss."

After a moment of silence, Y/N speaks, jumping off the arena to stand before Qrow.

Y/N: "Glynda's going to be mad about this."

Qrow: "Meh, she's mad about a lot of things."

Y/N turn to Qrow and asks.

Y/N: "Does she?"

Qrow: "You don't think so?"

Y/N: "Not really."

They stare at one another before they share a good laugh for a few moments before it slowly dies down. Qrow walk over to Y/N, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

Qrow: "But seriously Y/N, you did well today. We're making good progress with your skills."

Y/N smiles confidently at his mentor's remark.

Y/N: "Well, I always was a fast learner."

Qrow: "Heh, that you were."

Y/N: "Uhm, Qrow..."

Qrow: "Yeah?"

Y/N then point at his head, gesturing him to pat him on the head.

Qrow: "Y/N?"

Y/N: "Just this one time... okay?"

Qrow roll his eyes but smiling as he places his hand on his head.

Qrow: "Good work, kid..."

After a few moments of silence and Qrow patting Y/N on the head, Y/N's scroll suddenly started ringing loudly. Y/N move away from Qrow's hand as he goes to pick it up to see Pyrrha's name flash on the screen.

Y/N: "Hey Pyrrha. What's up?"

Pyrrha: "Y/N... we need to talk, it's really important..."

Y/N can hear the urgency in her tone and her voice sound shaky, like she had been crying. Concerned, Y/N goes to respond.

Y/N: "Pyrrha, what's wrong?"

Pyrrha: "Just... meet me at the school rooftops... please."

Just like that, the call ended. Y/N quickly turn to Qrow.

Y/N: "Sorry, but Pyrrha needs some help with something. I gotta go and see what it's about."

His mentor just shrugs.

Qrow: We're pretty much done for today anyway. Go check up on your friend."

Y/N nod to him and race out of the classroom and head to the rooftops. Once Y/N fully left, Qrow can't help but chuckle over this. 

Qrow: "Well, he sure knows a lot of girls. Heh, my charm must've rub off onto him."

As he said that last part, Qrow goes to take out his flask and take a sip from it before walking out of the classroom. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 12 5
This is my first story. I hope you enjoy it.
21.9K 272 39
[UNDER HEAVY REVISION] Hey, Atlas here. I'm currently rewriting this story. As such, the original description no longer applies, so I put it down at...
70.7K 2.1K 48
Fangs as sharp as swords. Wires so strong that rumors said he could trap gods. Poison so strong that it could kill or paralyze Grimm. The most wanted...
35.3K 849 34
It's been a long time since Y/N step foot in Vale. He was searching for information as best he can. Until he heard that an old associate of his, Adam...