Rebel Runners: The Beginning...

By Jess23Anne

Rush City is governed by the powerful Mayor Henderson and his Second in Command, Andrew Anderson. Together th... More

Info
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Part Twenty Five

Part Fifteen

2 0 0
By Jess23Anne

# Sexual Content Warning #

Part Fifteen

Jesse's POV

"We need to go." Cora whispers against my lips.

I nod, pushing forward as she moves to pull away. Her fingers grip my hair pulling me even closer despite the fact we do actually need to go.

She moves restlessly on my lap. I groan, gripping her waist a little tighter. I don't know if I want to help her move her hips against me or stop all friction. I've lost track of how long we've been here, making out in my room.

She grinds a little harder, pulling her mouth away with a gasp. Still needing to be contact with her skin, I drag my lips over her exposed neck nipping at the skin as I go.

"Jesse." She breathes, tugging my hair tighter. It's beginning to hurt, feels like she might just rip strands out if she tugs any harder.

Needing to shift and give her what she wants I lift her up, she whimpers glaring at me. I chuckle flipping her onto her back before moving between her thighs.

Pushing into her, I dive my head into her neck inhaling her sweet scent. "More." She moans, her nails dragging down my back. Hooking my arm under her knee I lift her leg up and move against her harder.

Nipping at the soft skin of her neck, sucking gently before she pulls my head back. "Don't suck...no visible marks."

Her eyes roll into the back of her head, I nod grinning. Focusing on moving my hips against hers I study her face.

Her eyes squeezed shut, her mouth parted as she chases her release. Needing more than just over clothes action, I lean back enough to get my hand between us.

Her stunning green eyes peer up at me as I run my fingers under the band of her underwear. "Yeah?" I ask.

She nods. "Yes."

Leaning forward I press my mouth back on hers, pushing my hand into her underwear. I groan, my fingers meet smooth slick skin.

Pressing further, moving my fingers around her clit before I push a finger in. She groans into my mouth, her nails gripping my back harder. Jesus fuck.

I drop my weight further onto her, dragging my mouth along her jaw. She throws her head back, her back arching off the bed slightly.

"Please."

I add another finger, rubbing my palm against her clit. She releases several profanities in my ear, her nails most definitely drawing blood this time. Ignoring the pain, she clamps around my fingers as she arches further into my chest.

The last thing I want right now is to address the person knocking at my door. Cora gasps, her eyes widening in shock as she comes crashing back to earth abruptly.

"Fuck me." I groan, pressing a kiss to her shoulder before pulling back.

"Yo, you two are going to be late. Don't make me come in there." Josh yells, banging on the door again.

Fucking Josh. Couldn't have picked a better time to interrupt. If he's up for suggestions, might I suggest either in five minutes or how about never.

Cora laughs, the sound muffled by her hand. I wet my bottom lip, watching her as I move off her a little more. Regretfully I pull my hand from her underwear.

She shoves me with her free hand. "I said we needed to go."

I fall onto my back, breathing in deeply. She sits up beside me, pulling her shirt back on before sliding out of my bed. Shuffling around the bed she looks around for her pants, coming up empty.

Lifting slightly, I dig out the material underneath me that I know is her pants before I throw them to her.

"Jesse, get dressed."

Instead of listening to her I watch her pull the pants over her legs. The creamy expanse of soft skin disappears under the material. Her nimble fingers pulling the zipper up and pushing the button in.

"Jesse." She groans.

I lift my hands up, sliding off the bed. "Okay. I was just taking a minute."

She watches me closely, her eyes falling to my chest. "Is there any spare skin?" she asks, reaching out to touch me. her fingers are feather light over my ink covered skin.

"Plenty." Lifting her fingers, I guide them over the skin void of any ink. Mostly around my neck and shoulders.

She smiles, pressing her fingers into the sun sitting over my heart. "I like the colours." Her other hand joins the adventure, brushing over my lower stomach dangerously closer to my shorts.

She glides her hand to join the other one near my shorts, her fingers snapping the band against my skin. She's testing my control and strong desire to ignore the outside world. Very easy to do now that she feels like my entire world.

Grabbing both her hands I pull them from my skin, she peers up at me pouting. "We need to go."

Right on cue, Josh bangs on the door. "That's it."

Without any further warning his head appears inside the room, his eyes finding us before he pulls a face. "Seriously, stop trying to start shit, Jesse. You are going to be late."

My mouth falls open ready to argue but he's gone. Cora giggles, pulling her hands from mine. "Yeah, come on, Jesse. We're going to be late."

I give her a warning look before grabbing a clean uniform from my closet. Needing a shower before I leave this place, there is no way I can function for the next eight hours on a night rotation without rubbing one out in the shower.

Not when I'll be spending said hour with her.

*

Cora doesn't even need me here to show her what to do. For the last couple of nights, she's been running the radio reporting to the officers at main square. Watching her work is amazing. She's vibrant, there's a glow about her that I never noticed before.

I thought I'd ruined everything when I woke up that night from drinking. It was a horrible decision to drink that day, on such little sleep. I spiralled hard.

I remember coming home to find Josh getting ready for a workout and he just knew something had happened.

So many dark thoughts swirled in my head, everything rushes back to me in one go. My brain working overtime to overthink everything. Throwing countless what ifs at me.

I kept circulating back to my father's recent meetings, needing meetings with a doctor and then the enhancements he keeps talking about. Pair that with the idea of his perfection and my childhood was a recipe fit to implode my entire life in a second.

Josh helped a lot. He doesn't really know the extent of it, but he's always been there for me.

He knows when to give me drinks, when to cut me off and when to put me back in line. I can only imagine what he thinks my problem, but it can't worse than what the actual problem is. Nowhere near as dark and torturous.

This time got a little out of hand and I think he knew that. In his defence he was trying to get me home. But as fate would have it, we ran into Cora. The last person I wanted to know about the darkness clouding my life.

Except she gets it.

I cannot believe she told me where the small scar on her top lip came from, the lie her family created for it and I couldn't believe my gut feeling was right.

Her father gave it to her.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to control myself around him next time, I see him. Just thinking about it has my blood boiling and the rage knock at the door, begging to be let out.

"So, I got the new schedule for next week, you're doing field work again?" Cora asks, glancing at me before focusing back on the video feed.

I nod, simmering the worries of my mind down. "Yeah, apparently I need the refresher."

She laughs, the noise effectively washing any linger anger at my world away. "That's cute. Well, I'm excited to actually be out there."

"I bet you are. It is a little more exciting than sitting in here with me all night."

She looks over at me, smiling before looking back at the video feed. "I'm not complaining. I like being in here with you."

My insides tighten at little, unable to stop the smile spreading across my face. What did I do at any point in my short life to deserve her to come into it?

"Ohh...Deke!" She leans towards me, speaking into the radio. "Dark haired woman, grey jacket, end of the market stalls. Trading something."

I look up at the video feed watching the woman she's talking about handing over a box of sorts. The other person receiving the box looks familiar. I can't quiet place where I've seen him before, but it doesn't seem all that odd.

There are plenty of reoccurring offenders we bust continuously. He's probably just one of them. Leaning back in my chair I watch her talk to Deke as they flesh out the form she has to fill out. With absolutely confidence she fills all of it, double checking information with Deke before gets me to check it.

Breezing through it I don't see any problem, so I send it off. "This is fun." She comments, bouncing over to the coffee machine.

"Night rotation has never looked so good." I eye her, aware I should be watching the video feed. Or at least glancing at it.

She peers over her shoulder, her eyelids lowering before she looks away. "What are we going to be doing out in the field?" she asks, changing the subject.

Responsibility pricks at my conscious and I turn my attention away from her, looking over the video feed. "Not sure at the moment, we'll either be at main square or just beyond the border."

"I hope it's main square, sounds like more fun."

I chuckle. She's not wrong, it is a little more fun. "Especially weekends, lot of drunk prowlers out."

She laughs sitting down beside me with two cups of coffee. She puts one down before handing me the other one. "I think dealing with drunk people would get old real quick."

I nod. "Thanks. Yeah, it does. Most of them don't mean any harm."

Sipping her coffee, she looks back up at the video feed. She yawns, her eyes crinkling as her mouth widens. Finding myself watching her I divert my attention back to the video feed, again.

"Do you remember the argument I told you I accidentally started between Matt and Belle?" she asks after a little bit of silence.

"Hmm...yeah, I think so."

I kind of remember her telling me about it but I hadn't been fully paying attention at the time. My mind was reeling from other stuff. Unwanted reminders.

"They are seriously still going, and it's been like a week. Don't be alarmed if Belle tries to rope you onto her side the next you see her."

"What side is she on again?"

"Fiction, she thinks its not plausible to exist. Which is crazy. The longer they fight about this, the more I'm on Matt's side." She spins on her chair once before sipping her coffee.

Her bright eyes flash up at me as I look away from the video feed. "About the time travel or the Seeing Door?"

She shrugs. "Both. I mean, if you look beyond reality for a second...is it really so hard to believe that they could both exist."

I've heard the debates about both. It's a topic that has circulated through the ages. Majority of the times it's been works of science fiction but with the creation of T-doors, it didn't seem so science fiction as before.

I hate to say that I might be on Belle's side when I say that the possibility of the Seeing Door is a little too far-fetched. I've read several articles back in the day, the crazy conspiracists that claim the door is real.

"Time travel, I'm totally on board with but a door that makes you see things. I don't know."

Cora gasps, her eyes widening. "Really? So, you are on Belle's side? That's her argument, well the basics of it. Wait, really?"

I shrug. "The idea behind the Seeing Door is creating a physical place to venture that came from your mind, one you can traverse despite not seeing the world from anywhere else but your own perspective. Sounds kind of crazy to me."

She gasps even louder, putting her coffee down. "Oh my god, Jesse. What do you mean that sounds crazy?"

I laugh. "It is crazy. Besides all your arguments trying to say its plausible are mute. Where is the door?" She stares at me, her lips pursing in thought. "I've got you there, haven't I?"

"People have their theories on its location."

I snort. "Yeah, crazy people looking for their crazy door."

She laughs, smacking my arm. "You watch some find it, you'll change your mind real quick. Can you imagine what it would be like? Being a fly on the wall of your own life, seeing things you never saw at the time."

Her words hit a little sore spot. The idea of the Seeing Door, whether real or not, does not sound appealing at all. Living through something once is more than enough if you're life is anything like mine.

Distancing myself from that idea I change the topic back to the time travel aspect of her argument. Now that is something I can actually get on board with.

Technically speaking, when you use a T-door you could argue that you are time travelling. So, on a technicality you could say time travel already exists.

Cora is more then onboard with this argument; she agrees one thousand percent. Still doesn't stop her from pushing that theory back towards the Seeing Door briefly.

**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34 5 10
In the year 2150, emotions are a forgotten language. Feelings, outlawed. Humanity, reduced to an unfeeling, cold existence under the iron rule of The...
269K 17.3K 46
The conclusion of The Runner series. ================================== Half a year has passed since the fall of Babel. In that time, tales of the Ru...
1.5K 150 50
Book 1 of the On the Run Trilogy! Being a teenage girl is hard enough, but it's harder for Jackie since she's on the run from the US government. Jack...
3.5K 91 14
In the year 2184, The United States has split into five nations; one of which, The Plymouth Republic, is cold, mechanical, stark, and bleak. Every tw...