Saved Me; Ryeji FF

Por ryuckyy

Cards were Ryujin's signature. She would place a card in between the stiff fingers of each of her victims, si... Mais

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
end.

nine.

298 17 1
Por ryuckyy

Seated in front of her desk, Ryujin stared intently at the glowing screen of her laptop, scanning through the dark web for knowledge about the women. Her fingers rapidly tapped across the keyboard, uncovering fragments of information- Websites, articles and classified documents unfolded onto the screen, all containing a breadcrumb of information adding to the bigger picture.

She went through police reports on serial attacks that she did not inflict, aiming to find their strategies, their signature, and any flaws in their process. Ryujin took a sip of her dark coffee as she continued with connecting the dots on the screen.

Hours melted away as Ryujin pieced together the puzzles of information, building a comprehensive profile of her adversaries.

Name: NingNing

Age: 20

Specialisation: Hacking and Cyber Attacks

Expertise: Advance Cyber Intrusion, Data Manipulation and System Sabotage

Background:

Ning Yizhuo, operating under the alias "NINGNING" is born with exceptional intelligence and a dark inclination. After leaving China to escape prosecution, she gained a reputation in Korea due to her outstanding ability to hack into the government interface without a trace, spreading information to opposing countries in exchange for cryptocurrency.

Skills:

NingNing possesses an arsenal of hacking techniques that allow her to infiltrate highly secure networks and exploit vulnerabilities for anyone who pays the highest. Specialising in data manipulation, she has the ability to distort information, leaving a trail of chaos and confusion.

When she is not behind a computer, she joins Aespa in their attacks. Highly skilled in martial arts, she acts as the defence, ensuring no harm comes to her teammates. NingNing also bears the role of security, hacking into security systems to disable alarms and CCTV cameras, leaving law enforcement in the dark.

Name: Giselle

Age: 22

Specialisation: Language Acquisition

Expertise: Fluency in Languages, Manipulation and Deception

Background:

Unchinaga Aeri, also known as Giselle, is a Korean-born Japanese with an extraordinary gift to be fluent in all languages. From a young age, she displayed an innate ability to speak languages spontaneously and fluently within a short timeframe. She utilises her skills to manipulate information out of people, but also to take advantage of unsuspecting people.

Skills:

When exposed to an unfamiliar language, she quickly assimilates to the grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation enabling her to communicate with astonishing proficiency. Giselle would frequent social gatherings of rich businessmen, using her charm and charisma, she is able to draw information out for her teammates.

Name: Winter

Age: 21

Specialisation: Armament Engineering, Weapon Design

Expertise: Customising Weapons and Equipment

Background:

Kim Minjeong or Winter is a prolific dealer and engineer in weaponry. Her father was a profound weapons dealer and specialist in firearms and blades. After he met his demise, she sought to carry on his legacy. With extensive knowledge of all things designed to kill, she gains the ability to utilize them in Aespa's attacks.

Skills:

Winter uses her comprehensive understanding of various types of weapons, she caters them to her member's skills and specialities in order to enhance their abilities. She also has an innate ability to blend form and function, integrating top-of-the-line modifications into her designs, resulting in weapons that are aesthetically stunning as they are lethal.

With her weapons, Winter plays a huge role in crowd control and long-distance attacks with her highly modified rifle. Her victims wouldn't be able to spot her until it was too late. She works tightly with the leader, Karina.

Ryujin continued to scroll down the document she made, thinking to visualise their attacks and how to effectively counter them. However, with their skills and their abilities, she knew that taking them out would be a test of her capabilities.

Name: Karina

Age: 22

Specialisation: Rocket Puncher, Fighter, Close-Quarters Combat Specialist

Expertise: Hand-to-Hand Combat

Background:

Yoo Jimin, known as Karina, is a highly trained fighter. Her unique fighting skills are a force to be reckoned with. Her background is a mystery, and Karina's past remains largely unknown.

Skills:

Proficient in almost all styles of combat, she possesses lightning-fast reflexes, exceptional agility, and raw power. With the immense amount of strength, her signature are rocket-powered attacks, enabling her to deliver devastating blows with unparalleled force and precision.

She combines her acrobatic manoeuvres with the explosive force of her punches, overwhelming her opponents with a barrage of devastating blows. Karina is highly intelligent, and able to come up with fool-proof plans along with last-minute strategies that allow her team to reign victorious with their missions.

"What are you doing?" A voice called out from behind her.

Ryujin immediately slammed her laptop shut and turned around to see her sitting making her way over to her bedside.

"Reading articles." She took her laptop and placed it in her drawer. "What do you want, Yuna?"

The younger Shin laid on Ryujin's already-made bed and rubbed her eyes, "Was wondering if you wanted to go clubbing with Chaer, Lia and I."

"I don't drink."

"Right" Yuna dragged out and got up from the bed. "I never asked you; do you and Yeji have a thing?"

The dark-haired woman tilted her head slightly, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I see the way you look at her the other day. And she looked at you the same."

"In what way?" Ryujin took another sip of her coffee to quench her dry throat.

"Wow, you are really blind." Yuna joked. "You never really smile unless she's around. You kinda do it unconsciously, like she is the one that brings this side out of you."

Ryujin looked away, wondering if it was true. She knew that she was comfortable around her, that she felt her guards slightly lowering just from her smile.

"You're thinking about it, aren't you?" The younger stood up and placed her hand on her sister's shoulder. "I think she's good for you, she brings out the light out of you."

-

-

-

She dragged her favourite knife across the stone, sharpening it at a specific angle to ensure that it was at its sharpest. The speakers blasted her favourite playlist, the bass pounding all around the vacant apartment. Yuna and Chaeryeong had already left for their clubbing session, leaving her at home to do her chores- preparing her weapons for the next mission.

Her mind wandered back to the group that was coming after her, remembering Karina's eyes glaring back at her in that office. The moment she looked into her eyes; all the memories of the past came rushing back.

Before her solo missions, she was part of a small group that was involved in somewhat minor organised crimes. Ryujin remembered joining the group, Karina standing in the corner of an old office space practising her punches with a worn-out punching bag.

Soon, they became close. Partners in crime. They committed plenty of crimes involving armed robberies on near-bankrupt stories, stealing sports cars to sell to fences and being hired for gang fights. Undoubtedly, Ryujin grew close to Karina. There were numerous moments where they joked about leaving the group to carry on with their crimes as a duo.

Some days, Ryujin would think back to those moments, smiling at all their broken promises and the fond memories they had with each other. But eventually, everything would die out.

After Ryujin killed a store clerk, the group's leader was shocked by her spontaneity and advised her to leave the group for their safety. Karina begged her to stay with her, however, she left without a trace. Without a goodbye.

Karina's admiration that bordered on love was spoiled by rage and hate which ultimately festered into revenge. They could've had everything they ever wanted, the perfect team. But Ryujin threw it all away.

She would be lying if she said that seeing Karina's eyes filled with hostility and resentment didn't hurt her. They used to be friends after all.

Ryujin's phone rang beside her, she left her knife on the desk before picking up the phone.

"Hello."

"Hey, Ryujin. It's Yeji." Her tone filled with a sense of urgency.

"How did you get my number?"

"Chaeryeong gave it but that's beside the point. Do you know where Lia is?"

Ryujin furrowed her eyebrows as she played with the knife. "She went clubbing with Chaeryeong and Yuna."

"No shit Sherlock. They said they would be leaving the club by now, but I got no response from any of them." Yeji said, now panicked.

"They should be fine-"

"What if they are not?! What if something bad had happened to them?!" She yelled through the phone. "I'm coming over to your place, Meet me outside in 15 minutes."

Before Ryujin could reply, the call was hung up. She placed the phone on the table and leaned back into her chair. The last thing she wanted was to leave the comfort of her home.

-

-

-

Wearing a thick coat, she stood outside the entrance of her building as she waited for the cat-eyed woman to pick her up. Ryujin cupped her hands and brought them close to her mouth to warm up her freezing fingertips.

She took out her phone to see that Chaeryeong and Yuna hadn't picked up her phones nor did they message back about their status. As she put her phone back into her pocket, a white car pulled over in front of her.

The driver winded down her window, "Ryujin, get in."

Ryujin opened the car door and hopped into the passenger seat. A whole wave of déjà vu erupted within her. All the memories of sitting in the car with her, spurred a whole range of emotions.

"Which club were they at?" Yeji asked with her phone in hand.

"Somewhere downtown, not too sure which one." She answered, facing out the window, desperately trying to get air into her lungs.

"I think I know where they are." Yeji passed her phone over to Ryujin, showing her an Instagram story that Yuna posted.

"Woooo!!! Let's get fucked up!!!" Lia screamed at the phone while holding Chaeryeong tightly with drinks in hand. Yuna flipped the camera around to show the group of them dancing wildly, with flashing lights and deafening music. Chaeryeong drunk pulled Lia in for a kiss.

The dark-haired woman placed the phone back into the cup holder as Yeji accelerated into traffic.

"I know you're boring, but I expected you would go tonight." Yeji started, tapping her fingers on the leather steering wheel.

"Not a fan of drinking and people touching me."

The driver hummed and signalled to change lanes, "Uh huh... I was about to go tonight but I decided to stay home."

Ryujin stayed silent, wishing to be in her comfy bed. A comfortable silence filled the car, both focusing on the road ahead of them.

"What do you think about our best friends dating?" Yeji spoke up.

"None of my business. Chaeryeong can date who she wants."

Yeji looked over quickly, "You're not curious as to how Lia is treating her?"

The passenger shook her head, "If Chaer has taken a liking to someone, I can't stop her. But if Lia hurts her, I will hurt her too."

"As Lia's best friend, I am very much intimidated. But I think you're a good friend for that."

Ryujin faced Yeji, who was concentrated on the road. She wondered how someone could be so calm and understanding, even though she had threatened to hurt her friend.

The passing streetlight illuminated Yeji's face as they drove. She relished each moment that the light landed on her, a glimpse of her beauty.

"What the fuck." Yeji suddenly spat out.

The car began to roll to a stop in the middle of the road. Yeji tried to turn the ignition, causing the engine to sputter.

She slammed on the steering wheel, "Fucking hell."

"Put the car on neutral and steer the car to that spot." Ryujin pointed at a vacant spot near the curb as she hopped out of the car.

The last thing she was expecting for the night was to push a broken-down car.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

7.7K 529 55
She can never be hers...but she's taking her anyway. Stoic, broody, and arrogant, elite bodyguard Shin Ryujin has two rules: 1) Protect her clients a...
32.4K 2.1K 53
Ryujin; a hitman. Her whole life, she struggled to navigate through her debilitating diagnosis- lacking the ability to show empathy or compassion. Th...
2.7K 187 17
Shin Ryujin and her lost soul works for an organised crime association. Can she handle having her family secrets unfold? Filled with loneliness and l...
8.4K 248 13
// RYUJIN X YEJI // Officer Hwang Yeji has to arrest the wanted criminal, Shin Ryujin. Will she be able to do so? A VERY ANGSTY SHORT STORY CONTAININ...