The Villainess Became The Mal...

By 7SevenFive5

Picture this: I suddenly find myself in a medieval fantasy world, like the ones I used to gobble up in books... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

1.7K 68 4
By 7SevenFive5

'I don't know what's been happening, but lately, Duke Frostborne has been coming around here more often,' Vivienne thought. 'And, besides that, he looks like a sad dog always hanging out with Milo.'

Vivienne observed Milo diligently working while the northern duke folded paper into roses.

'I suppose this is his way of dealing with being rejected. At least now he's not bothering Lady Silverwood,' Vivienne thought with a sense of relief. 'Finally, peace and tranquility are restored.'

Vivienne found it increasingly challenging to focus on her work amidst the northern duke's incessant sighs and the ever-growing pile of paper roses. The distractions were not limited to that alone, as a sense of guilt started creeping in for not aiding the northern duke in his quest for love.

'Maybe peace and tranquility are not restored,' Vivienne thought. 'But why do I feel this overwhelming sense of guilt? Perhaps it's because he appears truly dejected. It makes me realize how little I know about the lives of second male leads after being rejected by the female lead.'

Vivienne discreetly watched the northern duke, noticing how the pile of paper roses grew. His eyes appeared filled with sadness as if he was holding back tears.

'If only I weren't stuck in this isekai romance novel, I would have tried to help the northern duke become Lady Silverwood's partner by now,' Vivienne thought. 'He's much better suited for her, but unfortunately, I don't have enough power to save myself from a beheading. Plus, after what happened, I believe I'm now on good terms with both the main character and the crown prince. I don't have to worry about being killed by him anymore. Poor second male lead... Your sacrifice was not in vain. I may seem selfish, but I never pretended to be a good person. My only goal is to survive.'

A tear slowly trickled down the cheek of the northern duke, catching Milo's attention. With a compassionate gesture, Milo handed Sir Beary to the duke along with a tissue. Appreciatively, the duke accepted the comforting bear and the tissue, delicately using it to stifle a sniffle. Witnessing this vulnerable moment shattered Vivienne's perception of the duke as fierce and intimidating, leaving only a pitiful image in her mind.

'The guilt is overwhelming. Why does he have to cry so beautifully and sadly at the same time?' Vivienne thought to herself, deciding to help the northern duke regain his strong and confident image and move on from the female lead.

"Duke Frostborne, is there anything I can assist you with?" Vivienne mustered up the courage to ask.

"No, there's no need. I'm fine," the northern duke responded, struggling to hold back his tears.

"I believe you could benefit from a new activity. We're running out of paper for you to fold roses," Vivienne suggested while secretly thinking, 'Besides, it feels like such a waste of good paper, even though these paper roses do look quite lovely. Perhaps I could use them for the engagement ceremony.'

"Then what other activity could I engage in?" The northern duke wondered.

'How do people cope with rejection? If only I had access to Google right now,' Vivienne thought.

"I think you should..." Vivienne paused, taking a moment to gather her thoughts. As she glanced at her engagement ceremony checklist and noticed the need to finalize the food arrangements, an idea sparked. "...try your hand at cooking?" she suggested, realizing her response sounded more like a question than a confident suggestion.

"Cooking?" the northern duke asked.

"Yes, indeed! I've heard that cooking is not only great for stimulating the mind but also a wonderful way to exercise your arms," Vivienne said, quickly coming up with justifications. "We could begin by making cookies. Would you be interested, Your Grace?"

"That sounds interesting. I'll be off to the kitchen." the northern duke got up from his seat, but before he was about to go, Vivienne stop him.

"Please be mindful not to bake an excessive amount of cookies. We wouldn't want to waste our supplies. Once you're finished cooking, kindly return to the workroom. There are other activities for you to engage in before your departure," Vivienne cautioned the northern duke.

"Of course, I'll be mindful," the northern duke responded, getting up and heading towards the kitchen.

Vivienne breathed a sigh of relief as she noticed the northern duke's mood had improved slightly. As he exited the room, she could now return to her work in peace.

"Hey, Milo, do you think the Duke is skilled in cooking?" Vivienne pondered, suddenly realizing she had no idea about the duke's culinary abilities.

"I have no clue either," Milo responded honestly.

"Do you think the chef will be able to handle him?" Vivienne inquired.

"I hope so. The chef should be capable of teaching the Duke," Milo expressed his optimism.

The two secretaries exchanged a glance and silently prayed that the Duke wouldn't create too much chaos in the kitchen.

An Hour Later...

"Number One and Two, try my cookies!" The northern duke burst into the workroom with excitement, startling the two secretaries.

'Did he just call me Number One/Two?' Vivienne and Milo thought simultaneously.

The secretaries looked at the beautifully baked cookies and then back at the northern duke, surprised to discover his unexpected talent in cooking.

"These cookies look absolutely stunning," Vivienne complimented, her thoughts turning to the state of the kitchen. 'He seems quite tidy. I suppose everything went smoothly in there. What a relief.'

"I couldn't agree more. Your cookies are so visually appealing, and they could easily compete with the finest pastries in the capital," Milo added, joining in the praise.

After the compliments, Vivienne and Milo cautiously took a bite of the cookies. To their surprise, the taste did not match their exquisite appearance. The cookies were burnt and had a hard texture inside. Vivienne and Milo struggled to swallow them without showing any signs of distress, not wanting to hurt the northern duke's feelings.

"Did you only make one batch of cookies?" Vivienne asked, hoping that no more supplies would go to waste.

"Yes, I made only this batch, as you instructed me not to make too many cookies. So, how do they taste?" the northern duke inquired.

"I think you should work on the flavor a bit more," Milo gently suggested, careful not to hurt the northern duke's feelings.

"I suggest reducing the baking time for the cookies," Vivienne chimed in with her recommendation.

"I see. I'll make another batch then," the northern duke replied, taking notes and preparing to head back to the kitchen. However, before he could proceed, he was abruptly interrupted.

"No!" Milo and Vivienne exclaimed simultaneously, stopping the duke in his tracks.

"Duke, why don't you give playing an instrument a try? It can be a therapeutic and mentally stimulating activity," Milo suggested, "Have you learned to play any instrument before?"

"I have actually played the violin before," the northern duke replied, and Milo promptly offered his violin to the duke to try playing.

Both secretaries thought, 'Given his noble status, he must have some basic knowledge of playing the violin. It should be interesting to see his skills.'

To their surprise, the northern duke lacked talent in music. The sound produced by the violin resembled that of a tortured lady screaming. Milo and Vivienne struggled to hide their reactions as the northern duke played each note. By the time he finished, the two secretaries felt as if their souls had momentarily abandoned their bodies.

"Thank you for the suggestion. The violin truly is a therapeutic instrument," the northern duke expressed with gratitude.

It was at that moment that the two secretaries realized the northern duke's lack of musical talent as his tone-deafness became evident.

'Come to think of it, I've never come across a character labeled as the 'northern duke' who possesses musical talent,' Vivienne contemplated. 'Perhaps the author overlooked that aspect. Playing an instrument can add to a character's charm and attractiveness. However, considering the northern duke's supposed endeavors of battling monsters and enduring harsh winters, it would be unrealistic to expect him to engage in playing an instrument.'

"I think it's a good idea to explore other activities," Milo suggested, seeking Vivienne's assistance in brainstorming alternative options for the northern duke.

"Yes... um..." Vivienne glanced around the room, noticing the unfinished tasks awaiting her attention. "Oh, Duke! I'm having some difficulty with these documents. Could you please assist me in reviewing them?"

"I'd be happy to help," the northern duke offered.

Vivienne handed him a stack of documents, carefully selecting those that required basic arithmetic checks and condensing of information. She was confident that these tasks would be straightforward for the duke.

'That should keep him occupied. Being a duke, he's surely accustomed to handling paperwork,' Vivienne mused to herself.

In less than 10 minutes, the northern duke completed the documents Vivienne had handed him. She looked at the finished work in astonishment, doubting her own eyes. To be certain, she reviewed the documents again, only to find that the northern duke had truly done an exceptional job. It was at that moment Vivienne decided to embrace her mischievous side.

'I have found a new slav- assistant,' she thought, a hint of amusement in her mind. 'I know he's here to unwind, but I can't pass up this opportunity. After all, as a self-proclaimed villainess, it's my duty to make the most of every advantage. I'm playing my role to perfection.'

Vivienne's plan unfolded seamlessly as she gradually assigned the northern duke various tasks, and it didn't take long for Milo to catch on and join in. The unsuspecting duke willingly embraced the additional workload, immersing himself in the world of paperwork. Little did he know, this shift in focus from his love life to his professional responsibilities proved to be a healing balm for his heartache.

As the day of the engagement ceremony drew nearer, the northern duke's emotions towards the female lead began to wane, allowing him to face her with a newfound composure and engage in meaningful conversations. Though a tinge of pain still flickered in his eyes when he saw her with the crown prince, his interactions with Vivienne and Milo acted as a soothing remedy, gradually easing the ache within his heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 85 13
When a weak superhero meets a morally grey supervillain, who shall triumph? The answer may be something none of them had ever expected. Lol this is...
338K 11.7K 103
⚠️ Warning ⚠️ [There are mention of dark themes in this story. ] A story of a girl, that has woken up inside the body of someone she doesn't recogn...
223K 6.7K 56
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
909 122 17
Blinding lights. The flash of cameras. Dozens of fans cheering endlessly. This is the life Morgan Slate knows of. That all holds true until she's be...