Heroes, Vigilantes, and Villa...

By seaskate

What if Deku stayed longer on the roof? What if he never saved Bakugo? What if he decides to become a invento... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four

Chapter twenty-three

1.2K 55 50
By seaskate

Shinso POV

The first field trip of the year was announced only a few days after school had started. Not that it could really be called a field trip seeing as now we are supposed to be staying on campus but are going to a new training facility at the edge of it that's to be used by both hero students and even some of the newer heroes in Japan. The facility itself was something that I was more excited to see than actually participate in. It's supposed to be some type of rescue training facility... without any people that I can actually use my quirk on.

At least the girl in my class with the invisibility quirk can turn herself into a human flashlight and help with the darker areas, I can't even do that much.

"Line up in an orderly fashion according to your I.D. numbers and fill in the seats," Ida screamed out, his arm moving in the typical robotic fashion that he tended to use when over excited by the situation.

"Does he know...?" One of the girls in the class, a girl with brown hair and cheeks much too pink for it to not be some type of quirk thingy even if not directly related to her's, whispered into the crowd of students.

Another girl with a costume much too revealing for a high school student, seemed to have been able to follow the other girl's train of thought easily enough as she turned around a bit to answer her. "No," she whispered, "but he'll see it soon enough."

Everyone piled onto the bus, completely ignoring anything that the boy with the engines in his legs had said. Not that it had mattered as the boy himself yelled out in frustration only moments after he had gotten onto the bus, telling everyone that it had been a different model than he'd expected.

A girl with pink skin and little horns coming out of her hair patted the boy enthusiastically on the back as Ida hunched over in his seat, though I think she meant it to be comforting in some way but was just much too overzealous with the delivery. "All that for nothing," she remarked.

I got landed between the girl with the frog quirk and the boy that intakes sugar to become stronger, every doctor's worst nightmare.

It wasn't long before the students all got talking about their quirks, something that I largely tried to stay out of so as to not draw attention to the nature of mine, but stayed tuned in enough to hear what the others said about theirs. Something that I learned after years being on the other end of children's quirks was to at least listen to what they are before they're aimed at me, especially when they're giving the information up for free.

"My hardening is good in a fight, but it's really boring," the boy with tall red hair and shark-like teeth. He held up his arm and showed off the way that it turned into flesh toned rock.

"It should be more than enough to go pro though," the girl next to me said, not to be nice, but to just state the fact. She seemed like someone that didn't bother with telling pretty little lies to make other people feel good about themselves.

The conversation got worse from there as one of the girls pointed out that heroes have to have a popular appeal to them and the boy with the navel laser started raving about his own quirk. Getting the quirk that I did, I hate it when people talk about theirs like this. I hate it when kids that are blessed and know it don't even bother having an ounce of humility to their character.

I guess being around Izu has made me forget that assholes still exist in the world.

"You want to talk about strong and flashy quirks," one of the other students said, joining the conversation, "that would be Bakugo and Todoroki."

"But Bakugo is so unhinged that he could never be popular," the girl with the frog quirk said, Asui I think, making my impression of the girl ten times better than it had been before.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, FROG FACE?!" The shitty bastard yelled from his spot in the back half of the bus.

Asui turned to me and pointed at Bakugo over her shoulder. "See," she said, as if his outbursts explained it all, which it really did.

"No arguments on that observation here," I told her, fiddling with the voice modifier hanging around my neck.

"Call me Tsuyu," the girl decided. I only nodded in response.

"No one wants your shitty opinion, Mind Freak!" The blond screamed, turning his anger on me.

"Hey, beat up any quirkless kids lately?"

"SAY THAT AGAIN! I'LL POUND YOU!" the explosive teen screamed, standing up and grabbing onto the railing in front of him to yell at me.

It was my turn to look to the girl with the frog quirk and point at Bakugo with a 'see' motion.

"We're here," Ida called out, his arm moving in a robotic motion. "Everyone look sharp now!"

We all filed off of the bus in the same organized chaos that we had used to get on before with everyone pushing and shoving as pieces of their costumes knocked into one another. I just stayed in my seat and waited for all of the idiocy to pass by before following the last of them out, and into the facility.

I couldn't stop the way that my breath caught at the sight before me. We were on a higher level and had a clear view of all of the disaster zones from the moment that we walked in. There were floods and rocks, wilderness and fire, and even a small collapsed city. And I felt so small looking at it all, so inconsequential in the face of it all.

"Every disaster and accident that you could possibly imagine, it's all here," a new voice said. I spun at the sound of the voice and found what looked to be a walking astronaut coming towards us. "I built this facility myself. I call it the 'Unforeseen Simulation Joint'."

USJ, cute.

I could hear the sarcasm in my thoughts.

While the zero gravity girl gushed about the space hero, the two pro heroes whispered to one another, something that Mr. Aizawa didn't seem to like it as the teacher's expression became decidedly more upset than it had been before. "Whatever, let's just get started," he decided.

"Before we do," the other Pro Hero started, "I have one or two points," the hero said, holding up two fingers, "... or three... or..." I stopped listening as the fourth finger went up.

The hero started by explaining their quirk, how it can suck and tear anything apart. The space hero went into a long rant about the dangers of quirk, how they can save but just as easily kill, but I didn't listen as much as I probably should've. Really the quirk balance that they were talking about was the premises that villians operated on. Most of them have quirks that could easily save people or be used in jobs if they chose to use them that way, but they don't. Villains choose to use their abilities to hurt others. As someone with a quirk that everyone already thought to be villainous, I was probably one of the only hero students in our group that didn't need to listen to speech.

The space hero had just finished their speech with a bow when a sick feeling crept down my spine and I saw Mr. Aizawa turned violently to the side.

"Huddle up and don't move!" Our teacher screamed out.

I followed the man's gaze and found a fast growing swirling purple mist opening up in the middle of the courtyard at the center of all of the disaster zones. Tens of strangers surged out of the warpgate before it even had time to open all of the lway, each of them dressed in ratty clothes and most of them wearing masks. Those that didn't seem to have quirks that worked well with combat either on their own or at all, had some type of crude weapon in their hands.

"Don't move," Mr. Aizawa instructed, "These are-"

Villians.

"-villians."

The one at the front of the pack was a scrawny man in his earlier twenties with hands plastered all over his body. I couldn't hear exactly what the man was saying, but I could understand the last few things that he said. "All Might, the symbol of peace, is he here...?" The villains asked with a voice as grating as sandpaper against our ears. "I wonder if some dead kids will bring him here?"

...Shit

—-

Shigaraki POV

Looking up, I scanned the crowd of wannabe heroes, making damn sure that I didn't recognize a single face there. I knew from the information that we had our spy steal on the second day of school that I wouldn't, but knowing something and seeing it for yourself are two different things. I wanted to make sure that I didn't see the little brat among the other brats his age.

Someone that I did recognize was the hero charging towards all of the mediocre villians that I had brought with me, taking down everyone that came within range of his person or the captive weapon that he was wearing. Watching the way that the pro hero moved, I was reminded why Izuku and I liked him so much.

The students all started making a mad dash towards the entrance of the USJ facility as I predictably had known that they would. Everyone in games runs when faced with a set of opponents with stats much better than their own, and while I knew that these children could easily hold their own none of them have the guts to do so. Their courage and experience stats are almost as low as they can go without becoming self-deprecating and even more of a liability than they already are to the party.

But all of their running was useless when I already had a fail safe in play that could move much faster than any of their still growing bodies could hope to.

"Go," I ordered.

Kurogiri was in front of them and between the brats and the door before they even had time to make it halfway there. The warpgate user spoke to them for a few moments. Two of the students lunged at him and tried to land a hit, not that it worked. After the futile attempt at civility that I'm sure my caretaker had attempted, he sent all of the students to different parts of the facility where our forces were lying in wait.

Check, now all we have to do is wait for All Might to come and it will be a checkmate.

—-

Shinso POV

Water flooded into my mouth before I even completely understood what had happened, but I knew better than to stay where I was, slowly drowning in what I assumed to be the flood zone.

I let out a small breath of air and watched as it floated up the opposite way that I had been planning on going just moments before. I knew that sometimes when people are disoriented underwater, they can get confused as to which way is up and which is down. They'll drown thinking that they were swimming towards the surface when really they were only going even further downwards.

Following the bubble, I started to swim to the surface on the man made lake, only to have something yank me farther back down. When I looked down at my leg, there was a villian with a shark-like quirk holding onto my ankle with a sharp row of teeth that rivaled the boy with the hardening quirk's. Blood pooled into the water as an intense pain shot up my leg worse than anything that the bullies at my school had ever been able to do. It hurt even more as the teeth violently tore down the rest of my foot as something knocked the villain away.

Asui!

The girl with the frog quirk hit the villain in the head, knocking him away and breaking the grip that he had on me. She kicked off of the villain and slung her tongue at me, wrapping it around my middle pulling us to the top of the water. She pulled us to the boat that was in the middle of the flood zone, slinging me over the side of the haul and onto the boat with her tongue before following me up.

"Thanks," I winced. When I landed, my whole body had slammed against the floor of the ship, knocking the breath from my lungs and sending a lightning strike of pain up my leg.

"No problem," she answered, crouching down out of view of the villains slowly rising to the surface of the water below us. "But we seem to be in trouble here."

I peeked over the edge of the railing and saw that the villains were slowly swimming towards us with obvious hesitation. Asui yanked me down, but I cut her off before she could chastise me for being seen.

"They don't know our quirks," I told her, "that's why they're not attacking already despite there only being two of us and one is hurt."

Asui nodded, seemingly seeing the logic in my words.

"So then what do we do?" She asked. "Cause I know we can't stay here."

I glanced down at my leg and knew that I wouldn't be any good to her in a fight right now... at least not in the traditional way.

"I have an idea, but I'm going to need you to trust me."

Asui nodded, making a small frog noise as I held onto the railing and pulled myself to my feet.

"Hey assholes, I've got a pretty little frog here! Who wants her?!"

"Huh?"

"That's-"

"I-"

I took control of the villians that responded to my question, a sick smile that I'm sure didn't help my image spreading across my face. "Attack those around you," I ordered.

I looked down at Asui and saw the confusion on her face. "What?"

"Come on," I told her, motioning for her to stand up, "we don't have time to waste, once they get knocked into or actually hit someone I'll lose my hold on them, them we'll only have maybe a minute or two of them fighting just because that's who they are before they remember their jobs."

Asui nodded and put an arm around my waist to help me walk to the other side of the boat before wrapping her tongue around my waist and flinging us over the side. We were able to make it to the shore before the villains started looking for us.

We looked up and around us.

"If we cut through the courtyard and go up the stairs we can make it back to the others," Asui reported, pointing a gloved hand where some of four classmates were currently gathering at the top of the stairs.

I shook my head. "You can go," I told her, "I'll never make it that far."

The other hero student looked around. She pointed to our left. "The woods, we can hide there until all of the pro heroes come."

I didn't like how cowardly it sounded, but at the same time I knew that I couldn't even walk without help and brain was already screaming at me from quirk exhaustion after controlling six people at once.

"Okay."

—-

Aizawa POV

I took down villain after villain, but I could tell that I was quickly running out of steam. Between looking for the kid at night during my patrol, teaching classes, and being a hero that normally only fights small groups at a time, not large ones, I wouldn't last much longer as it was. But I didn't have to, all I had to do was get to the villain in charge and capture him and have him make all the others stand down, and he was right within my sights.

"Nomu," a raspy voice called out. "Break his legs and smash his head against the ground," he ordered. "Don't kill him."

I looked at the large beast at the man child's side, but he moved like a bullet even with my quirk activated. I barely had time to attempt to move out of the way before my legs bent in a direction that they were never meant to and my face was slammed into the concrete and my vision went dark.

"Little brother would be upset if I killed him," the villain said softly as my consciousness faded to nothing.

...Little brother?

—-

No one POV

The students watched in horror as their teacher's head was slammed into the ground and his legs hit with a sickening crunch that could be heard by everyone around the courtyard. It wasn't long after that the pro heroes arrived and subdued what was left of the villain invasion force that the students watched as the number one hero in Japan fought a beast that none of them had ever seen before, blasting it through the dome ceiling. The hero students were slowly retrieved and brought to Recovery Girl to be looked over after the fights that they all had faced.

Eraserhead and Thirteen were the most hurt of the people there, with all of the other students making it out with minor injuries aside for Shinso who had to be admitted to the hospital.

—-

Izuku POV

I turned off the news and dug my head into my hands. All they have been able to talk about today was the attack on Class 1-A at the USJ facility. Though they said that there were no deaths on either side, I couldn't stop the sickening knots that formed in my stomach. So I went through the information, treating it like a list rather than one mass.

-It has been confirmed that a student was hospitalized.

-I haven't heard from Hito all day.

-Both teachers that were there through the whole attack were injured and one has been hospitalized while the other had been exclusively put into Recovery Girl's care.

-Eraserhead was one of the heroes there.

-The villains attacked the school.

-Tomera was one of the villains there, the one that led the entire invasion.

-They were there because of All Might, which meant that All For One sent them.

-A nomu was there, one much more lethal than any of the ones that I fought, and was designed to kill the symbol of peace.

-The villains knew exactly when to attack and where All Might and Class 1-A would be.

There's a spy at UA.

A frustrated groan slipped past my lips at the conclusion that I had come to and at the work ahead of me. There was no way in hell that I could let the mole stay where they are right now, not just because they got Eraser and all of the kids hurt, but also because when they provide the information necessary to move my father's plans along and he's a bastard that I want to see caught before he got Tomera, Eraser, or Hito killed with his stupid schemes to see the death of the Symbol of Peace.

My phone buzzed in my pocket with one of the ringtones that I knew as well as my own.

"Mrs. Shinso, I just saw the news. Is Hito okay?" I asked before the woman even had a chance to speak. I could hear the desperation and panic in my own voice and knew just how bad it must sound, but I didn't have the energy to care.

"He's fine," she responded, sounding just as tired as I felt. "He's in the hospital right now, there were some injuries that they say probably could have been dealt with by the school nurse's quirk, but he was too tired to meet the quirk requirements so they sent him to the hospital."

A shock of relief went through my body, sweeping over it faster than any emotion ever had before. "Which hospital? I'll be right there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 2.8K 20
Izuku Midoriya was never normal. Rather- his existence as a 'creature' wasn't normal. Being bullied his whole life was just a necessary feature of ke...
89.4K 3.3K 25
Deku was a quirkless boy who nearly gave up on his dream, but Bakugo convinced him to continue. Due to an accident when he was 7, he gave up on becom...
19.7K 568 23
This story is about Izuku Midoriya, a boy with a dream to become a hero and help others but he does not have super strength (quirk) since he was born...
439K 8.4K 59
Izuku Yagi was once a bright and happy kid. Until he was diagnosed quirkless. There his life fell into darkness, neglected by his parents, bullied by...