Cataclysm // Demon Slayer Deku

By DgamerV

The world is riddled with evil, stretching far and wide, into the hearts of many. But, Pure evil... unadulter... More

Prologue
I'm Sorry...
The Nobody
Grief
Lowermoon
Reality or Illusion?
Light Hashira
Recovery
Understanding
The Gatherings
Intrusive Thoughts
Encounter
The Therapist
A Living Hell
The Prodigy
Unidentifiable
Connectedness
Final Trial
Sickening Trauma
Coming to Terms
Emerald
Stendhal
The Artist
AFO
Dragon of Hokkaido
Demon King
Eraserhead
Corruption
The Sample
Spider's Web
Winding Ribbons
Puppeteer
Blood Hashira
The Two Kings' Nightmares
Night to Remember Pt. 1
Night to Remember Pt. 2
Interrogation
Trustworthy Pt. 1
Trustworthy Pt. 2
Trustworthy Pt. 3
The Lesson
Demon Hashira
85%
Boiling Point
A Ruler Cannot Be Ruled
Multiplicity
Rampage
Lowers
Ruins
Heroism
Ensnared
Radiance
Jackpot
Focused
Hellfire
Light in the Darkness
Marked
Skyfall
Condemned Are The Wicked
Omni-Hashira
Breath of Life, Pain of the Soul
Devastation
Epilogue
A/N: Information

Grueling Trials

398 11 0
By DgamerV

Izuku's POV:

I frantically started to put my clothes on. I should've been paying more attention as I nearly fell over onto my back when attempting to put on my pants.

"Whatever this high-ranked demon slayer throws at me... I won't give up until I over come it!" I thought to myself.

"Hey brat! The demon slayer's here!" Doctor called out. "Coming!" I yelled back from my room. "Where's my notebook?" I muttered, dashing around the room in an attempt to find it. "There it it!" I thought, quickly grabbing the notebook and pencil inside of it.

I ran out of my room, holding my notebook & pencil under my arm. "I wonder what I'm going to learn from the demon slayer... maybe I'll be taught Flower Breathing since I can already somewhat use one of the techniques?" I pondered.

"Ah, There you are..." the doctor said. I looked up at her, not realizing that I had gotten to the entrance room already. She gestured to her right, introducing the demon slayer.

My eyes went wide, I didn't expect Hina Agatsuma... the one who saved me to be the one to train me! I had completely tuned out the doctor. Agatsuma-San seemed to still have some bandages here and there. Probably from the last few scrapes and scratches that haven't fully closed up yet.

I quickly bowed, slightly surprising my new trainer. "Th-thank you for saving me! I'll forever be in your debt," I proclaimed. I heard the doctor start to snicker, not caring to hide her amusement.

"Please, you don't have to bow," Agatsuma-San stated. I stood up straight, looking back up at her. She gave a bright and assuring smile. "You don't have to repay me or anything like that. And I'm... sorry about you mom," she said.

I smiled sadly at the thought of mom... but I'm done mourning, I have to stay strong.

"Alright, I'll leave you two to it," the doctor said, as I watched her walk away.

Agatsuma-san cleared her throat, bringing my attention back to her. "So... I've never really taught someone the art of demon slaying before, but I'll do what I can," she informed. I nodded in appreciation despite this.

She began heading over to the front door that led outside, gesturing me to follow, which I complied. "I heard you've done a bit of training while here, right?" She questioned. "Yes," I responded.

She continued to lead me out into the backyard training grounds. I hadn't gone to this area yet as this was for more advanced training that I couldn't handle yet. I had only caught slight glimpses of demon slayers training here... it honestly looked extremely painful and difficult. I gulped in nervousness and slight fear. No matter what training she puts me through I'll push through it, but I was still terrified of what the training would entail.

"Alright, before anything else, I want to discuss where your strengths are," Agatsuma-San stated. "Strengths?" I asked. She nodded. "What you're physically or mentally good at. That way I can build off your training starting off of that," she explained.

I thought for a moment. "What am I good at?" I thought to myself. "I'm not the best in terms of physical strength... all I'm good at is running away..." I admitted. Agatsuma-San only smiled at my statement.

"That's alright! That's why we're here, to get stronger," she assured. "Right!" I replied. "If your good at running away then you must be decently fast, yes?" She questioned. I nodded in confirmation.

"Great, we can build your skill set from that! Besides, you're going to have to be extremely fast if you want to learn my Breathing style in the future," she informed. "Are you sure that there is nothing else you're good at physically or mentally?" She questioned.

"I know your only 7, but-" Before she could finish I quickly answered. "I can take a lot of hits," I stated. She blinked a few times before answering. She had a look of concern for a few seconds. "Hmm... Alright. So your probably pretty durable for your age... you probably have a decent amount of endurance... perhaps high pain tolerance..?" She muttered, but I hear every bit of it.

For some reason my other sense have been acting strangely too... I can hear things that I shouldn't be able to sometimes... I'm not sure why, but I assumed it to be another accidental breathing technique, so I didn't ask the doctor about them after learning what the vision was.

"What's that in your hands?" Agatsuma-San asked. This snapped me out of my train of thought. "O-oh this? I just wanted to write down whatever I could learn from you...!" I explained. She nodded with understanding. "Smart," she remarked.

"Let's test out your speed, Midoriya-kun," she said. "Come on, try to keep up with me. We'll be running for a while, so this will also be a test of stamina."

"Okay!" I agreed, placing my notebook and pencil on the ground to have nothing hold me back. "I'll run slower than I usually would to make this possible for you," she stated, only to begin to immediately dash off.

I blinked a couple of times before running off after her. "She calls that slow? She's at least already nearly out of sight," I thought to myself.

————————————————————————

I could barely keep running anymore. My lungs were burning up and my legs felt like they'd fall off. My breathing was heavy, closer to panting than normal breathing. Mass amounts of sweat coated my entire body.

"Come on we're almost there! Don't let up now!" she cheerfully called out. I looked up and out dozens of meters ahead of me, seeing Agatsuma-Sensei had already made it back to the Butterfly Mansion, only sweating slightly.

"Come on Izuku! Tough it out! If I can't do finish the run... there is no where I can be the strong hero mom wanted me to be!" I proclaimed to myself. I began to pick up the pace, sharp pains in my legs, hips, and everywhere else.

I attempted to steady my breathing... I fully concentrated on bringing it to a steady pace. I felt my speed begin to grow... feeling less exhausted than just a few seconds ago. I dashed forward, aster than I had ever ran before, finally reaching the Butterfly Mansion.

Unfortunately, once I attempted to stop myself, I ended up pathetically tripping over myself and falling face first into the ground. I began wheezing and panting heavily, unable to catch my breath. Agatsuma-Sensei rushed over to me with concern.

Before she could ask if so was alright, I answered her unasked question. "I'm f-fine... M-may I have some w-w-water... please...?" I struggled sat. Quickly, she rushed off, coming back not even 30 seconds later with a full bottle of cold water.

I chucked down the entire bottle in one go, spilling some on my body, which felt nice as the cold liquid cooled my hot and sweating body.

Agatsuma-Sense I offered a light smile. "You did great! You were able to make it first try!" she congratulated. I only offered up a small grin as I wiped some sweat off my forehead. "We ran for a little over 1 hour... about a quarter of an average marathon," she informed me.

My eyes widened in shock. "That was only a quarter of a marathon?!" I thought to myself. "That should be enough for today-" she began.
"No!" I argued. "Huh?" was all I could say in response.

"S-sorry for y-yelling.." I apologized timidly. "B-But... if I want to get stronger then I have to push myself even more than this," I informed her. "I don't want to stop until I pass out!" I proclaimed.

She let out a light, but amused chuckle. "Alright, fine. We'll keep going... but I do think it's best we move on from speed and stamina. We can continue those tomorrow," she suggested. I nodded in agreement.

"Let's work on strength training..." she said, gesturing me to follow her over to a corner full of weights, rocks, etc. I was filled with determination at the sight of a gigantic boulder, 5 times my size. "One day I'll have to be able to move that..." I thought to myself, narrowing my eyes.

"Let's start off with something small. You slowly build your way up over time from the lighter weights to the heavier ones. You do this regularly each day for the next couple of months, and you'll be stronger than the average adult male multiple times over. This and speed are what I want you to work on the most, even when I'm not here," she instructed

"Hai!"

Author's Note: So Deku's true training has started. Next chapter will, imho be quite an interesting one. Also, the doctor that takes care of Deku does have a name, however she prefers to just be called "Doctor". This is my way of saying that I don't want to reveal her name just yet. It won't be a huge, crazy reveal, just a fun one. Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you stick around for the next ones.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.7K 1.3K 23
"People born into this world can feel joy, sadness, rage and other emotions so strongly they tremble. But that's all a mystery to you isn't it? You'v...
228K 2.7K 34
This my first fanfic and description sorry if terrible: After Quirks first appeared changing the world were superheroes and supervillains exist, peop...
983 38 7
Izuku Midoriya was quirkless even though he wants to become a hero, and a certain sage decided to help his far descendant with that. I don't own the...
330K 13K 51
(I do not own the cover picture or MHA/BNHA or most the characters in this story, I just own the plot and writing) (This story includes triggers, se...