Keep Your Enemies Close (Rema...

By myneighbourisloud

Hello! This is a Clexa story! Lexa Woods is a detective and Clarke Griffin is a criminal. Lexa's job is to ca... More

1) New Case (Remastered)
2) Plans (Remastered)
3) The Stealing (Remastered)
4) Consequences (Remastered)
5) Evolving (Remastered)
6) Preparations (Remastered)
7) Reckoning (Remastered)
8) Halloween (Remastered)
9) Surprise, Surprise (Remastered)
10) Are You Fucking Kidding Me (Remastered)
11) Yes Ma'am (Remastered)
12) The Fine Art Of Cheating (Remastered)
13) The Games I'd Play For You (Remastered)
14) Chapter Jealousy Part One (Remastered)
15) Keep Your Enemies Close(r) (Remastered)
16) I'm Not Ready To Die, Not Yet (Remastered)

17) Reparations (New Chapter)

136 8 0
By myneighbourisloud

Clarke's POV

(( remember the beginning of the last chapter? she was brought to a building where her friends watched her confused/distant ))

As I entered the dimly lit room the officers were taking me, I realized I was under investigation.

On the other end of the table I was sat at were Lucifer and Chloe. During the process, they were unusually serious and stoic, even while asking their questions.

I completely understood their mood, since it was their coworker who got injured and they were looking for a culprit.

I explained them how I had nothing to do with what happened to Lexa, I shot her of course, but it was in the sense of a paintball game, and the bullets were replaced to be real.

However, it didn't matter that I named Roan, since he skipped town, and was nowhere to be found. The only way my story can be corroborated is if Lexa wakes up.

I guess I just have to wait then, although I would have liked to be by her side in the meantime.

Lena's POV

As soon as I heard that my sister was between life and death, I hopped into my helicopter (which I normally hate to use) and flew to the hospital.

There is another way I could have gotten there faster, but Kara was on the other side of Earth, and was already flying at full-speed to where I requested.

Still, the helicopter was the fastest option.

As I arrived, some of Lexa's coworkers were already in the waiting room, and as soon as I entered the premises they smothered me with hugs and comforting words.

I asked at the reception if I could see my sister, but while I was doing so my girlfriend whooshed into the room, wow she really is fast.

We spoke without saying any words, and her hug gave me more safety than all of the other hugs combined before she arrived.

Since only family could see Lexa at this time, I went to see how she's doing alone.

Lexa's POV

I don't know what the doctors gave me, but I woke up almost immediately after they stitched up my wounds. There was a burning sensation on my abdomen, and I was feeling weak as hell, but I was conscious when a raven-haired woman entered the room.

- Oh, hey Lena.

- Lex, what are you doing awake? Didn't someone shoot you in the stomach?

- Yeah, well I can say goodbye to the ab workouts for a while. But other than that, I'm managing. They might have given me the blood of your girlfriend, since I feel like a new person.

Lena gave me a sympathetic smile, and caressed my hand. - Not possible, when Kryptonian fluids meet a human's, there's another type of chemical reaction. - She chuckled.

I closed my eyes in disbelief, I did not want to hear this.

- Sooo. Did that blonde girl really betray you? Last time I saw her she didn't seem like the type, I mean the way she was looking at you..

- No way! I was asking Clarke to shoot me, but I didn't know there were real bullets inside. That little bitch Roan must have compromised her gun. - I thought loudly.

- Well, then you should give a statement while you're awake to the other detectives, cause they are holding your lady until they can prove her innocence. But I'm so glad you're gonna live!

We spent some heartwarming minutes bonding, and then after letting the others in the waiting room visit me and shower me with compliments and gifts, I did what I had to.

Clarke's POV

Hours later

I was set free yesterday from the tiny, depressive room that I was kept in, and I immediately went to see Lexa.

It was past midnight, and I was walking down dark streets that are not for the faint of heart, but I pushed through my fears and continued my journey.

The parking lot of the hospital was completely empty, and the whole building was black except for the corridors. I met some nurses on my way to the reception, and I asked around about Lexa's location.

In front of her room, there was Lena and a blonde, very fit woman i didn't recognize, so I went to greet them.

- Hey guys. Is she awake yet?

- Hello Clarke. Right now she isn't. Have you met Kara? She's my one and only. - Lena introduced her "very good friend".

- Nice to meet you. I wish it was under better circumstances. - We shook hands, and damn her grip was very firm.

- You as well. Do you guys mind if I join you until she wakes up?

- Not at all, although Lexa specifically asked me to let you in even if she sleeps, she said she's probably dreaming of you anyways, you might as well wake her up from it.

Jesus, how can Lexa be so goddamn sweet? She really is unreal.

- Okay, but I will probably just sit next to her until she's rested. Does she talk in her sleep? I might get some interesting details.

The girls laughed lightly and sat back on their chair, letting me use the door handle.

After I entered the room, I could see a bed on the left with a bump under the blankets, so I decided to take a closer look.

I only saw her sleep once, last night actually, but now I could actually focus on how beautiful she is doing so. I could even see some parts of her back thanks to the oversized hospital clothes, and the tattoo that covered it was completely new to me. It was detailed and complex, but also spaced out, like a complicated story or an eventful life.

- Lexa, are you awake? - I whispered quietly, just to test the waters.

- Clarke? - She said softly, her mouth smiling slightly at the realization.

- I'm so sorry, I-

- Not your fault. I know you didn't mean it, even though you were a criminal you are a good person. I believe you, and I forgive you, even though there's nothing to forgive. - She opened her eyes, and sat up to lean on the headboard of the bed, while occasionally wincing from the pain. - Plus at least this way we have another incriminating evidence against Roan, so you did good babe.

- Babe hmm? - I came closer, and set on the edge of her bed. - Are you still high from the meds? Or were you such a cutie all along? - I face her, merely inches apart, while she shifts her weight on her left hand to hold herself.

- Careful, if I get a very high heartrate the nurses will start rushing in and we'll have an audience. - She blushes. - Although I'm pretty sure Kara outside already knows what's happening, she is like a walking ECG.

- That's funny. Also, I saw your very very cool tattoo while you were lying on your side, you'll have to show it to me later.

- How come you didn't see it on the beach though? - Lexa furrowed her eyebrows.

- If I remember correctly, the only time you didn't have a shirt on and were in actual bikini is when I had you on your back after I tackled you.

- I'm such a bottom sometimes. - She laughed, but as the laughter subsided, a sharp pain cut through her stomach, a reminder of the wound still healing. The brunette instinctively pressed her palms against her abdomen.

I lowered myself and took her hands off of the bandage, and placed a light kiss on top of it.

I looked up at Lexa, and saw a mixture of emotions in her eyes - - trust, vulnerability and gratitude.

She reached out, her hand finding mine and intertwining our fingers. - Thank you.

Not long after, the brave detective placed her head on the soft hospital pillow, and had some rest while having Clarke by her side the whole time.

End of chapter

Thank you for reading! Many of you wanted an update, but it took me a while, especially because I remastered the entirety of the book. When I started writing it I was around 17 years old, and since then my English improved in my opinion, so now I really recommend y'all to read the whole book again.

I've made some changes, nothing big, just fixing plot-holes, grammatical errors, and making some parts less cringe :D

Also, if you really liked this story so far and have a lot of spare money, then please consider donating 1 USD to this link: https://ko-fi.com/letavia

I don't drink coffee so it would go on cat food. 😺

Please let me know in the comments of your opinions! We will mert again in the next chapter (hopefully not too far away)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.1K 624 84
What will happen when Clarke abusive ex boyfriend escape detention ? What will the repercussions be in her life ? And will she be able to surpass the...
98.7K 4.2K 80
Love always finds its way. Let's witness a blooming, or a tragic story that will make us believe that love is always there, forever. A Clexa Fanfic...
183K 6.2K 70
Popular artsy girl, Clarke Griffin goes to Polis High with her best friends Octavia and Raven. They navigate their happy lives as the get into relat...
19.4K 909 36
Clarke is a lonely fbi agent sent on a mission to catch the criminal Lexa Woods. She didn't know what she expected, but it was definetly not this. Le...