cut through the quiet - hp va...

By melatonin_07

in which y/n l/n's life was always quiet - until it wasn't. ~.~.~.~.~.~ not following the canonical plot char... More

loverbirds
silence
the hairy potter
friends, maybe
goodbyes to s'mores
the crusty-musty, sort-of-smart sorting hat
huffity puffity
the fake and the real
hogwarts should get some clocks
god bless america (and all the beautiful women in it)
oh my goodlooking boy
the quiet
quidditch and other less important things
¿rea?reality¿lity?

snakes and vampires

2.6K 108 61
By melatonin_07

"BOO." the voice that came from behind me was deep and gravelly, booming throughout the corridor.

i jumped, spinning around. i frowned as i recognized the guy from earlier that morning - the riddle guy. he grinned cheekily upon seeing my reaction.

"scared you, did i bumblebee?" he had a smug look on his face, seemingly proud of his feat. "you ran off pretty fast earlier. or should i say buzzed off?"

"yeah, i guess..." i shrugged, trying to stay polite despite my growing annoyance. plus his pun gave me second hand embarrassment. "you're riddle, right?"

his grin grew. "so you do remember me..." he cooed, tilting his head at me. i felt heat flush to my face despite myself. "how adorable."

"thanks, i guess." i swallowed whatever was in my throat, eyes looking everywhere but at him. fuck, there were too many hot people in hogwarts. "well, i should go..."

"go where hufflepuff? there are no more classes today." riddle stepped in front of me. "plus, i haven't got your name yet. let's hang out."

"it's y/n. y/n l/n. and i have to go study, so if you could just..." i gestured for him to move over, but it just seemed to make him more excited.

"i'll come with you. i don't mind waiting." he slung an arm over my shoulder. i guess he had a habit of doing that to people. "where are we headed? library? hufflepuff common room? your dorm?"

my answer was interrupted by some calls of "mattheo" and "riddle" from behind us. by the way the boy perked up from next to me at the names i assumed his name was mattheo. 

"fucking hell, riddle!" mattheo let go of me as he got smacked in the head by another boy i didn't recognize. the louis patridge boy and a boy i'd forgotten the name of but who was significant in the original story were soon to join our now-growing group. "we were looking for you everywhere! the fucking staircase changed right after you ran up them, you dick!"

the louis patridge boy seemed to recognize me from earlier - much to my horror in remembrance of the awkward encounter - and sent me a nod. the other boy, a tall and fit guy with a short buzz cut and chocolate brown skin just took me in, head to toe. i stiffened at their acknowledgments, feeling my face warm up.

"and who's this?" the boy who had previously been interrogating riddle stopped, finally noticing me. he looked from mattheo to me, and back and forth. "fuck, you playing mess with the hufflepuff without us?"

mattheo grinned. "not just any hufflepuff. look how cute this one is, nott." he nodded over to me, his gaze moving with the other boys to look at me. i became uncomfortable at the sudden attention.

"you think i haven't noticed already, riddle?" the boy scoffed and moved to tilt my chin up to look at him with a hand. my heart did a somersault in my chest against my will. fuck fuck fuck this is hot - what the fuck??? "what's your name badger?"

"uh..." i cleared my throat, my eyes darting to look at something other than the four hot-ass men in front of me. the nott boy let go of my chin, seemingly satisfied with my reaction. "y/n."

"you're the l/n girl draco's been talking about, aren't you?" the unidentified but super familiar boy finally spoke up, a ghost of a grin on his lips. "he and riddle couldn't stop talking about you. for completely different reasons, of course."

"why... why was malfoy talking about me?" i suddenly became a little self-conscious. not that i cared about what draco thought of me. no, of course not. "and why were you talking about me?"

mattheo grinned at my question. "because you're so adorable." my breath hitched, and i looked away from him. i heard chuckles at my reaction.

"you're the american pureblood girl malfoy was talking about?" louis patridge spoke up, his eyes bearing into me. 

"of course she is, don't be stupid. there are barely any other americans here dumbass." mattheo wrung his arm around the former's neck, leaning heavily on him.

"well, i should go..." i gestured to a general direction. i didn't really know where the library was, but i was sure i could find it. maybe.

"you don't even want us to introduce ourselves, puff...skien?" the nott boy finished off his nickname, seemingly proud of what he came up with. i didn't even know what it was. i let out a little laugh against my will, looking down to compose myself before looking back up.

"might as well." i sighed, still trying to stop smiling. i pursed my lips and the smile fell off my lips. "introduce yourselves then, so i can get going."

"i'm theodore, theodore nott. you can call me theo." he winked at me. "that's mattheo, mattheo riddle, that's blaise zabini, and then there's enzo- lorenzo berkshire."

so that's what his name was! fucking blaise zabini. i knew he had a z in his name. the louis patridge guy must've been a side character though, because i did not recognize his name at all.

"nice to meet you guys. i should get going now, so i'll see you guys around, i guess." i nodded at them, taking a step away. 

seeing that they hadn't made a move to stop me, i took it to my advantage and swiftly turned and left. i heard chuckles behind me.

now to find the goddamn library.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

"hogwarts is too confusing," i whined as i took my seat next to ivy in the great hall. a couple of weeks had passed since my first day, but i still couldn't find my way around well. "why couldn't they have given out maps or something?"

ivy laughed, her sweet voice filling my ears. i smiled, finding her joy infectious. "i think you need one. if not for me, you would be late to every one of your classes!"

"it's not my fault." i groaned, scooping up some food onto my plate. "fucking hogwarts and its magic staircases and its exactly the same corridors. how is anyone supposed to get anywhere on time?"

kiana laughed from in front of me. "you're right. and since they don't have clocks anywhere but at the dorms, it's incredibly stupid. and also, language."

"did you finish the essay professor snape assigned us?" ivy asked as i took a bite of food. my eyes widened as i shook my head no.

"when was that due again?" i asked after swallowing my food. fuck snape and his stupid ass essays.

"on friday." i sighed in relief. it was wednesday, so i had a while until i had to finish it. ivy stared at me, clearly knowing what i was thinking and very disappointed. "you should finish it today! don't procrastinate like you did before. last night you were up till three writing your report for muggle studies! you're only going to get more stressed."

kiana frowned, agreeing with ivy. "yeah, you've been pretty stressed lately. you need to relax, honey." she took a sip from her goblet. "you know what, you should go to the fifth floor to the prefect's bathroom and take a nice bath."

"i don't know... we've got a test friday in dada i need to study for..." i shrugged. it was tempting but i wasn't quite sure.

"well, you'd have to go after curfew so that no one knows you're using the prefect's bathroom anyways. you don't have to go if you don't want to though." kiana reassured me. "the password is mint cool if you want to go."

"i'l... think about it." i pursed my lips. "so, what'd you guys do today?"

*:・゚✧*:・゚

i stretched from my spot in the library, notecards for the test in front of me and all studied. i yawned, the lack of sleep from last night catching up with me. i had spent two and a half hours studying and writing up little bits of my potions essay. so far i had written around a third of my essay. i could get the rest done later. plus, stupid 1996's hogwarts has no computers, so i have to handwrite it by quill. like, what the fuck? get some typewriters at least.

my whole body felt stiff and heavy, even after stretching. as i packed up my things kiana's advice came back to mind. maybe i should go to the prefect's bathroom and soak up a bit. it would be nice.

being tired and having made up my mind, i hurried back to the dorms - with a little struggle - and got my bathroom kit. ivy was at her own desk, doing some type of work. she nodded when she saw me, a silent understanding. i nodded back and left the room.

i slipped quietly out of the common room, as it was ten minutes till curfew. i went to the staircase, and after figuring out exactly which stairs to go up to get to the fifth floor, i was able to climb all the way to the fifth floor and to the prefects bathroom.

"mint cool." the words rushed from my lips and were gravelly from my lack of talking. i cleared my throat as the door opened and i was able to enter. there were two doors after getting past that first one, one of which was opened. i went through that one, assuming the other one was locked.

i looked around, seeing rows of lockers. they were small gym lockers, but lockers nonetheless. i slipped past them into the bathing area, where there were stalls. i slipped into one and changed out of my clothes, wrapping a towel off my body.

i felt a little exposed as i stepped out into the spacious room, and i hugged the towel closer to me. the bath was huge, the size of a pool. seriously, it could fit at least eight people. the bubbles were multicolored, a large mermaid-stained window that i recognized from the movies.

"hey!" i jumped, immediately searching for the source of the sound. what was it with the people in here and scaring others? "what are you doing in here?"

i found the source of the words, my mouth dropping open in shock. 

there was a fucking vampire in the bath.

i love lana del rey. also im reconstructing my room and im gonna make it so aesthetic and slay (hopefully) anyways i have a lot of motivation for this book - not tryna jinx it tho - and i'm literally on a roll bro i have only 6 chaps posted but there are 5 more and counting now so im slaying through this. anyways yall can prob guess who it is. if you can't i love you but you're uncultured. 

as always, i love you, and i will always love you and thanks for reading my book <3 XXO

i jinxed it so fucking bad. also posting early cause i love making more work for myself 😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 525 14
your name is y/n swan. you're a part of the swan family, infamous for it's wealth and power. you're 12 years old- just starting hogwarts. before hog...
374K 8.4K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
192K 3.5K 100
Hermione and you scenes Heh, I do all *Title of chapter* - this shit means mature content Y/N - your name L/N - last name I take request :) Pls vot...
402K 8.9K 62
"tell me potter, is that all i am to you?" •••••• harryxreader they/she pronouns will be used:) •••••• y/n l/n, starting their fourth year at hogwar...