PJO Victory Is Within (Annabe...

By Foxspiritdragon

"I always win, I think" It's been a rough time for young Y/n living alone, he's been on the run from disgust... More

Book 1:The Lightening Thief
On The Run
I Get Drenched in Water
He's bowed to but I'm called abnormal
I joined his quest to prove myself
The sky's the limit!
Ares is scared of a Tunnel of Love? Weird
Next Stop Lotus Hotel and Casino
We take rides and slide down to our death
Hades Tells Us The Truth Sort Of
Beating Ares. Saying Goodbye. And meeting my mom?
An Awkward Tea Party With A Sad Tale
TRAITOR
Book 2: Sea of Monsters
Too Much For One Day
Tyson's(NOT SO)Welcomed home
Not The Pigeons Please
Percy Accepts Gifts From A STRANGER
We Board The Princess Andromeda
Worst Family Reunion

Struck by Lightning, and Old Ladies Really Want Us?

1K 36 54
By Foxspiritdragon

I really hope you enjoy this everyone. I am hope you also enjoy the reference from a movie I added. Also thanks for the 600+ reads!!!! I really appreciate the love and support! <3

Argus drove us out of the countryside and into western Long Island. It felt weird to be on streets again, Annabeth and Grover sat in the middle row while me and Percy sat at the back of the SUV. After two weeks at Half-Blood Hill, The real world seemed like a nightmare again. While Percy was staring out the windows staring at every McDonald's I was staring back in the direction of Camp

I already felt home sick.... 

Turning back towards the front Percy and Annabeth are having another great chat. She gave him an irritated look. "it's bad luck to talk that way, seaweed brain."

"Remind me again--why do you hate me so much?" 

I looked at Grover who shrugged his shoulder eating an aluminum can. 

She was fidgeting with her cap of invisibility "Look . . . We're just not supposed to get along, okay? Our parents are rivals." Looking at the cap it reminded me of someone, but the figures face was obscured.(I really hate my head sometimes)

"Why?" Percy asked 

She sighed and explained the rough past Poseidon and Athena have. Something about a girlfriend and the god being caught in the goddess of wisdom's temple. Another incident was them competing to be the patron god for the city of Athens. Which the god of the sea lost.

"They must really like olives."

"Oh, forget it."

"Now, if she'd invented pizza--that I could understand." he sassed 

"I said, forget it!" 

In the front seat, Argus smiled. He doesn't say anything, but one eye on the back of his neck winked at Percy. Seeing as she was done talking to Percy from her sudden attention outside the window. I really wanted to know more about the goddess that are my mothers.

"Hey wise girl, do you know anything about my mothers?" I asked and she turned around facing me so fast I thought she would break her neck. Her cheeks were flushed but she sighed 

"Well not much can be said for Tyche, she's not one of the major gods, she likes to keep to herself most of the time. Sure she's had her few moments with heroes, but not much is said about her."

I nodded I never met her but she seems okay for just a voice in my dreams.

"Now as for Nike, from what we have written down in the history books. She only just become a major goddess recently a thousand years give or take. The other gods only ever needed her when it came to wars, and even then she never got recognition" 

I looked at her dumbfounded, as for another voice in my dreams, from my guess she was the voice with more authority. She sounded confident and fearless.

"Wait she only recently became a major god? How?" I asked

"Well it said she had a hero do a quest for her as she betted Zeus for a chance to have a throne in Olympus. From the looks of it the hero was successful. It's odd though there is no info on this hero, absolutely nothing it's like they never existed." she stated almost sounded disappointed my guess as a daughter of Athena she wanted to know more about this strange hero 

Traffic slowed us down in Queens. By the time we got into Manhattan it was sunset and starting to rain. Argus Dropped us at the Greyhound Station on the Upper East Side. Stepping out of the SUV, I was hoping for the rain to be nice and cool. No it was not anywhere near of cool, it felt warm maybe it was signaling the anger of Zeus.  

Percy had ripped a piece of paper from a mailbox and tossed it in the trash. I saw the look on his face it was mixed with sadness and then their was anger. I wanted to ask him what was wrong, but she smiled at me and went back with Argus.

Argus was an awesome guy? Whatever he was, he was grand He unloaded our bags, made sure we got our bus tickets, he checked us once twice even three times to make sure we had everything. Then drove away, even then he was keeping an eye on us literally the eye on the back of his hand was looking towards us. I waved my good bye to Argus and mouthed thanks which he reponed with a thumbs up.

I felt a tug on the back of my shirt, it was Annabeth getting my attention to follow them. I shouldered my backpack and followed. Percy was staring down the street I followed his gaze, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

"You want to know why she married him, Percy?" I tilted my head in confusion that is one way to start a conversation.

Percy stared at Grover  "Were you reading my mind or something?"

"Just your emotions." He shrugged. "Guess I forgot to tell you satyrs can do that. You were thinking about your mom and your stepdad, right?" I felt the cords of my heart constrict. I had forgotten about that night we arrived to camp Half-Blood. Percy's mom she ... It was hard to even think about. He lost the most important person in his life. He must be going through so much.

Looking at his face, it was hard to read, but behind those sea-green eyes of his I saw lots of hope and gratitude. "I will make sure we come back" kept ringing in my head. I meant it and I will see it through. 

The rain kept pouring but we were fine under the stations patio. We were all restless waiting for the bus to arrive. We decided to play Hacky sack with one of Grover's apples. Annabeth was unbelievable. She could bounce the apple off her knee, her elbow, her shoulder. Percy was okay he managed to pass it me a little too hard it smacked me on the forehead giving me a bump and the apple some air time before being chomped out of existence by Grover.

He was blushing. He tried to apologize, but we were to busy cracking up. He quickly sniffed the air like he smelled his favorite food out in the open. I half expected to him to start floating like a cartoon character after smelling a fresh baked pie(What I had time to watch cartoons back when I was on the streets alone. It was free from the window)

"What is it?" Percy asked

"I don't know" he said tensely. "Maybe it's nothing."

But the way he was shaking was definitely saying there was something. We all relaxed as we boarded the bus finding our seats the trio sat together, while I sat on row beside them. They had put their bags at the top compartment. I really liked my backpack too much to take it off(What it was a gift) I decided to sit with on not uncomfortable besides the canteen pressing against my back. 

The moment the last passenger got on the bus, my body went into fight or flight mode. The hairs on my nape stood on end and my bracelet was vibrating. It took all my will power to stop "Parádeisos" from morphing into any of it's forms worse case the spear.

My guess the other caught on as well that last passenger wasn't a mortal. The old women wore velvet dress, lace gloves, and shapeless orange-knit that shadowed her face, and she carried a big paisley purse. She titled her head up and all I saw was pure black eyes and leathery skin. What's worse two more of whatever the heck she was came behind her.

They sat in the front and the two that followed her sat side by side crossing their legs creating in X in the walkway. The bus pulled out of the station, and we headed through the slick streets of Manhattan. 

"She didn't stay dead long" I heard Percy say, he fought this thing was my first thought my second was stop as I grabbed my wrist holding down "Parádeisos" from vibrating so much. "I thought you said they could be dispelled for a lifetime" He continued 

"I said if you're lucky," Annabeth said. I couldn't hold in the joke "You called" I whispered they both looked at me like was crazy. "sorry bad time" 

"All three of them," Grover whimpered "Di immortales

"It's okay." Annabeth said, obviously thinking hard. "The Furies. The three worst monster from the underworld. No problem. No problem. We'll just slip out the windows." Somehow I didn't believe this ugly old hags were the worst the underworld could offer. 

Grover looked at the window his eyes had turned all goat like side slits "They don't open" he moaned

"A back exit?" she suggested 

"There isn't one" I voiced and even if there had been, it wouldn't have helped. By that time we were on Ninth Avenue. heading for the Lincoln Tunnel curtesy of giant green signs

"They won't attack us with witnesses around," Percy asked. "Will they?"

"Mortals don't have good eyes," Annabeth remined him "Their brains can only process what they see through the Mist." I continued. She nodded her head

My brain really had to have another weird image flash of another figure. "Y/n the Mist is very powerful use my training well and it will help in any tight situations." I shake my head and snap back to reality

"They'll see three old ladies killing us, won't they?" Percy asked

Before Annabeth could answer I closed in the distance and the Lincoln Tunnel shadowed my movement 

"I have an Idea, but it might get their attention on me, I won't let those hags hurt these mortals." I whispered  "Annabeth I need your help keeping Percy safe using that great head of yours" her brows furrowed and then the light bulb turned on

The moment it did though the old hags all decided to attack in the dark, by going to the restroom? Annabeth forcibly put her hat on Percy and I pulled his arm. As they stood up, I pushed the now invisible Percy in front me in the direction of the back of the bus. 

As we made it to the back I pushed Percy in an empty seat by the restroom. I heard him grunt "dude" I heard and I whispered "sorry", I pulled out two arrows from my quiver. This thing was awesome Chiron really knows how move around with fashion, the quiver when not in use it is hidden in the form of an old fashion watch.

The old hags were distracted with Annabeth and Grover. I had to work fast I summoned "Parádeisos" in bow form I notched one arrow and let it fly into the ground it had pierced with only the back end sticking up. I did it again but warned Percy to move his feet from my next location. Again the next arrow followed and did the same to the opposite side. 

"Don't make look like an idiot dreams, Please work, Please work" I thought to myself. Taking a deep breath I snapped my fingers on both hands. The Mist gathered around the arrows and I shouted "Fire Fire Fire there's a fire back here!" I was pushed to the side 

I don't know what Percy did, but all I remember is slamming my head on the side of the bus. As it slammed against the side of the tunnel grinding against metal. The old hags came flying in my direction now in their true forms. I ducked and let them crash in the back of the bus. I ran forward, but the idiot I call friend found the E break on the bus. I slammed face first on the walk way and my nose was runny.

That wasn't even the worse part, the bus spun a full circle and I think in trying to steady myself I smashed my left hand on the metal holding the seats in place, breaking my pinky and ring finger(not fun.)

The Furies regained their balance, brandishing their flaming whips. Annabeth pulled out her Knife and yelled in Ancient Greek, telling them to back off. While our nature expert was throwing his favorite snack tin cans.

"Hey!" I heard making me roll my eyes Percy had taken off the hat and got the all the hags attention. Percy pulled out the ballpoint pen from his pocket and uncapped it. Riptide sprung into its full glory and again looking at the blade made my head pulse.

I missed some of the stand off conversation but I did hear something about better as a math teacher.

"Submit now," the main Fury hissed. "And you will not suffer eternal torment." 

"Nice try." He yelled back

I raised my left hand and snapped my fingers once more the Mist gathered around the arrows surrounding some of the seats, creating an even bigger fire for the mortals "Everyone OUT! NOW!" I shouted and everyone rushed out pushing the old hags around and me I hit my head again on the window. Once everyone was out I felt relived the mortals weren't in harms way anymore. 

"Percy, Look Out!" I heard Annabeth cry out

My body stood up on it's own now glowing a soft gold hue, I stood protectively in front of the fury's whip. She would have grabbed Percy by the arm, but with me standing all of a sudden. It had nabbed me by the neck wrapping around tightly. The flesh around my neck was burning, but I bite my tongue to keep from losing focus to the pain.

"I really hate being the human shield, Now you Get Over Here!" I yanked on her whip, pulling her towards me the moment she was close enough. I uppercut her right in the chin no holding back, she slammed into the ceiling of the bus. Holding my arm in front of me her face came down onto my hand, but before she could come into contact I summon "Parádeisos" in spear form piercing her head right through. Or so I thought one of her sisters pushed her out of the way taking the blow.

Dust covered the area for a bit and the main fury was holding her face in pain her eyes widened seeing my golden spear. She snarled at me then at Percy "Zeus will destroy you!" She promised "Hades will have your soul!" 

"Braccas meas vescimini" Percy yelled tossing his sword into the fury but she managed to move in time. Though it did hit the last sister dead right in the head. 

"Great Insult Bud" I though, (really eat my pants?)

The hairs on my nape stood up and the air smelled like ozone, thunder shook the bus.

"Get Out!!" Annabeth yelled at us. "Now!" I understood why and I believe Percy got the idea head on as well. They all scrambled out. but as soon as I turn around the golden glow died out, and in exchange I glowed in darkish green.

My body instinctively used the seats as leverage I managed to dodge the fury, Percy knew as Mrs. Dodds whip from wrapping around my ankle. I land on my bad hand wincing in pain but I swung my right arm back then like a cannon I fired "Parádeisos" right at her. She ducked, but that was enough for me to run out of the bus.

BOOOOOOM!!!!!!

As soon as I got a fair distance the bus was struck by lightning and exploded sending me flying forward. I flipped and landed on my backside (my tail bone was in soo much pain.) I didn't have time to take a breather as I felt two pairs of arms pick me up and pulling me along.

"We have to get out of here!" Annabeth shouted pulling me on my right and I felt furry arms on my left which gave me the impression it was Grover pulling me. He was way kinder in the pulling he was cradling my broken fingers.

I was so out of it I couldn't keep up with the conversation while walking, Grover was letting me use his shoulder. I had lost a lot of blood and my wounds were screaming, My world was constantly spinning and I felt exhausted(Note to self trying to control the Mist takes a lot of you, and not to mention using my natural powers yikes) 

Like how we started Percy and Annabeth were having a bit of an argument, but they stopped as my lower half buckled and I fell taking poor Grover with me. They ran to my side putting me up against a tree. Percy tripped over a root and went face first into the tree trunk, getting a nice size knot on his front.

"Lucky are you okay" I would have smiled at the nickname she gave me if I weren't so tired. 

"Not a god.." I forced a chuckle that turned into a groan. Her brows furrowed "What?" she asked perplexed

I lifted my arm slowly to my nose "Blood not ichor" her nose scrunched I made her mad again, but then her face softened. "Stop joking around Lucky" she said

"Ambrosia" I grunted. They all looked at each other than at me 

"We don't have any, our bags were totaled in the bus" Percy said

"My bag idiot.." They all looked at the black straps on my shoulders. They were in awe for a second or two before both Percy and Annabeth lifted me up just enough for Grover to remove the yellow backpack Luke gave.

They opened it up and pulled out the small Ziplock bag with Ambrosia squares and Annabeth cracked it in half placing it gently in my lips. I ate the healing food of the gods, leaning back on the tree my eyes felt heavy. 

I only slept like 20 to 30 minutes, I felt a wet rag being dabbed on my face, my eyes flutter open and the first thing I see, were her storm grey eyes filled with concern. The Rag was red probably from the blood she cleaned off my face. 

"You that worried about me wise girl?" I smiled 

"If you weren't hurt Lucky, I would have punched you for that" she said pinching my cheek "Luke really set you up with that back pack" she said looking down at the bag in my lap.

She was right the canteen was smaller than the ones they got from the camp, but it still held quite a bit of the healing liquid. First aid kit and of course the ambrosia. My left hand was wrapped in a bandage thanks to Grover. 

"How did you do that with the Mist?" she asked dabbing the rag on my bottom lip. 

"Truthfully I don't really know I just-" I couldn't tell her I see and hear people give me advice i would sound crazy " I just remembered when you explained how the mist works back at camp lessons" She nodded her with small smile growing on her face

"We need to keep moving" I said and Annabeth wanted to protest but she knew I was right. She helped me place everything back in the bag. I stood up with a groan everyone was accounted for and we proceeded forward where I have no clue. 

 We hiked about a mile or so and up ahead exiting the forest was a bright sign on an establishment. Everyone stomachs rumbled in hunger. Also we demigods struggled to read the bright sign(Thank you dyslexia what a wonderful trait to have as a demigod) 

Grover translated "Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium" 

Just like the sign said up front were two cement garden gnomes, ugly bearded little runts, smiling and waving, as if they were about to their picture taken. 

We crossed the street, following the smell of the hamburgers, Grover had to catch up to us as we were already at the entrance.

The light's are on inside." Annabeth said "Maybe it's open."

"Snack bar," Percy said wistfully

"Snack bar," Annabeth and I agreed

Even with Grover's protests we followed Percy inside the smell was so good I wanted what ever was cooking. We had passed by a gnome that looked oddly like a satyr playing the pipes. 

"Bla-ha-ha!" He bleated. "Looks like my Uncle Ferdinand!" 

We stopped at the warehouse door

"Don't knock," Grover pleaded. "I smell monsters"

I didn't care if there was monsters I was just hungry, Grover said something about those being vegetables. I was to busy smelling the goodness that was, again I don't know. 

The door creaked open, and standing in front of us was a tall Middle Eastern women- at least that what we assumed she was. She had long black gown that covered everything but her hands, and her head was completely veiled. Her eyes glinted behind a curtain of black gauze. but that was about all I could make out. Her coffee-colored hands looked old, but well-manicured and elegant, so I imagined she was a grandmother, who was once a beautiful lady.

Her accent sounded vaguely Middle Eastern, too. "Children, it is too late to be out all alone. Where are your parents?"

"They're ... um ..." Annabeth started to say

"We're orphans," I finished which wasn't really a lie  

"Orphans?" the women said. The word sounded alien in her mouth. "But, my dears! Surely not!" 

Percy and Annabeth continued on talking to the women, meanwhile I stared at her curtain. Her eyes seemed to be glowing? Something about her made me feel nostalgic(Yeah I don't know why) I was brought back to the world when Percy grabbed my sleeve and pulled me with them. 

There were so many statues, with a diversity of clothing. even some with gladiator armor. That alone should have told us something isn't right, but something about this nice lady offering us free food made my mind go at ease.  

We sat down on the dining table, my mind was all giddy, especially after she came back carrying trays heaped with double cheeseburgers, something new for me vanilla shakes, and XXL servings of French fires 

I didn't care what the others were doing I was devouring my portion of the free meal I was given. 3 bites was all it took for me to finish the massive double cheeseburger, my fires didn't last long either. The shake was hard to drink at first but once it was flowing I had finished it in minutes. The meal made me feel back to 100% I felt wide awake and ready to continue the quest.

"Two sister?" Annabeth had stopped eating and sat forward

"It's a terrible story," Aunty Em said what a weird name "Not for children, really. You see, Annabeth, A bad woman was jealous of me, long ago, when I was young. I had a. . . a boyfriend, and this bad woman was determined to break us apart. She caused a terrible accident. My sisters stayed by me. They shared my bad fortune as long as they could but eventually they passed on. They faded away. I alone have survived, but at a price. Such a price." 

She looked me up and down she gently placed her hand on my face then moved so fast, her hand was now pulling down the collar of my bloody shirt.

"I see you still have the scar I gave all those years ago" I have many scars that I don't know how I got, but she traced a fingernail on a scar that ran from my collar bone that barely peaked from my shirt collar. 

I heard a hiss and suddenly the foggy feeling I had was replaced with action. I jumped back creating distance from each other "Perseus removed your head, I was there, I'll be glad to remove it again!" I said through my teeth. 

Truth be told I didn't what the heck I was saying, but I didn't open my eyes and if I did I looked at the ground. "Don't look at her! It's the queen of the gorgons Medusa!" 

"That is Uncle Ferdinand!" Grover gasped. 

Percy who was ready to take a power nap was now wide awake. He was paralyzed as Medusa was cupping his chin with disgusting warty hand with claws ready to gouge him. 

"Such a pity to destroy a handsome young face," She told Percy soothingly "Stay with me Percy. All you have to do is look up."

"Don't listen to her!" Annabeth's voice shouted from somewhere in this room.

"GROVER UP" I shouted and he followed my lead with one word "MAIA!" With that goat boy was flying with his shoes 

"Whatever you do! Don't open your eyes everyone, follow the terrible hissing from her head!" I yelled. "Parádeisos" was in spear mode and I was making lots of noise to irritate the snakes on her head it worked they were wildly hissing at me. 

"Silence!" Medusa snarled in my direction I heard her pick something up tossed in towards me. I managed to jump out of the way I took cover with the counter. 

"Do you really want to help the gods?" Medusa asked. "Do you understand what awaits you on this foolish quest, Percy? What will happen if you reach the Underworld? Do not be a pawn of the Olympians, my dear. You would be better off as a statue. Less pain. Less Pain."

"Percy!" Grover yelled from above coming into a nosedive. "DUCK!" he yelled. 

Thwack!

Grover landed a hard hit on Medusa that made her angry

"You miserable satyr." she snarled. "I'll add you to my collection!"

"That was for Uncle Ferdinand!" Grover yelled crashing into a bear?  

I saw Annabeth appear next to Perseus and look down at the chain that hung on my neck. "Please mother guide my companion" I thought. I took it off and turned towards an older maybe 17 years old blonde with deep blue eyes standing by Wise girl. I felt a warm feeling in my chest and tears threaten to escape but blinked them away.

"Perseus like old times friend, I distract you do the rest" I said he looked at me confused. I tossed him my chain, he nodded and  wrapped it around his sword arm. 

Now I charged forward at Medusa, I followed her breathing her hissing, and her movement. I managed to smack her with the butt end of my spear. She recoiled from the hit and spin my spear and graze her leg. She howled in pain 

"That was for Solon!" I yelled I ducked changed my weapon into a dagger. Rising with a slash I cut a few snakes from her head.

"That is for Ixas!" I followed my slash with a right hook sending her to the ground "For what you did too Eusebios!!!!" I gritted my teeth I felt that warm glow around my body. She ran at me ready to attack, but I stood still. She was so distracted with me she didn't realize Perseus was behind her. With one slash from Riptide her head fell to the ground 

"Finally that one was for Draco" I said kicking her head away from me. Perseus walked up to me, I squinted my eyes and I saw the scrawny boy I arrived with. He passed me my necklace back and he looked at me funny "Dude please don't call me by full first name" I chuckled

"Yeah sorry I don't know what came over me" I sat down on the ground catching my breath "I need a break do what you will with the spoil of war" I said closing my eyes taking steady breaths. 

I heard some plastic bag rustling my guess they placed Medusa's head in a grocery bag. Then there was a weird conversation of Percy's dad being lovey dovey with Medusa. I heard Percy going through the cash register. I stood up finally having caught my breath.

Percy had a box on a table with a slip? Hermes Overnight Express I read. Percy began to fill out the slip and couldn't believe what I read.

The Gods

Mount Olympus

600th Floor,

Empire State Building

New Your, NY

With best wishes, 

PERCY JACKSON

"They're not going to like that," Grover warned. "They'll think you're impertinent." 

He poured some golden drachmas in the pouch. As soon as he did it closed. There was a sound like a cash register. The package floated off the table and disappeared with a pop! 

"I am impertinent," he said 

Annabeth and Percy looked at each other as to egg the other. 

She didn't fall for it. She seemed resigned to the fact Percy had a major talent for ticking off the gods. She looked at me and behind her Storm Grey eyes I knew she wanted answers of what happened. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head. 

"Come on," she muttered. "We need a new plan"

What was that about? Why did Y/n see someone else instead of Percy? What did Medusa mean by you still have the scar?? Why does it seem his power makes him tire easy? Why did Y/n talk so formal addressing Percy's full name? Things are shaping up to reveal themselves for Y/N! Hope you enjoyed and continue the support peace out everyone!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 8.9K 138
I could give you a sob story about how tough Cressida Lynn's life has been, but you're not here for that. You're not here to hear about how terrible...
235K 8.6K 114
All's Fair in Love and War The Lightning Thief: Complete The Sea of Monsters: Complete The Titans Curse: Complete The Battle of the Labyrinth: Compl...
33.2K 629 32
🏁HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY🏁 🚩TW: Blood, rape, swear words, suicidal thoughts, self harm, panic attacks, needles, death, natural disasters, slight...
1.2M 49.6K 148
In which the group from the past watch how their decisions changed the future. [Book 1- Part 1:Philosopher Stone] [Book 1- Part 2: Lightning Thief] [...