Pokemon Advanced Omega (Pokem...

By Skylander89

Welcome, to the world of Pokemon. A world brimming with amazing creatures that we still don't completely know... More

Bio
Prologue
All Things Bright and Beautifly! (Part 2)

All Things Bright and Beautifly! (Part 1)

134 2 0
By Skylander89

Rustboro Hall

(Brendan's POV)

It's currently morning and we see Brendan and Eevee on his shoulder walking alongside his Grovyle walking out of the contest hall. It's been a couple of weeks since Brendan started his journey and he has been able to travel around the region battling gyms and competing in contests, now having amassed a new Pokemon to train and compete with. As of now, he has his eyes set on competing in the Rustboro Contest.

Brendan: Well Eevee, Grovyle we're all set for our next contest, why don't we spend the time we have training?

Grovyle: (Nodding) Gro, Grovyle

Eevee: Eievui!

Brendan: (Smiling) Yeah! Why don't we train by giving everybody here a show?

They then begin to run to an open area in front of the contest hall.

(No One's POV)

Now we set our sights on a new group who are currently walking through a crossing. They all stop and see Rustboro Hall.

Max: Hey! I guess that's Rustboro Hall!

Ash: Which means we must already be in Rustboro City!

Max: Huh?

Ash: And I'm Ready for my Gym battle!

Max: But we're still over a day's walk from the Gym, Ash.

Narrator: As they travel through the Hoenn Region Ash and friends are excited to finally reach Rustboro City knowing that the Gym is now within reach!

The group continues to walk toward the hall, as they get closer they see multiple trainers tending to their Pokemon.

Ash: They don't look like they're training for a battle but I wonder what they're doing.

Max: Check it out!

Brock: Hey!

Max: I bet you they're all preparing for that Pokemon Contest.

May: A Pokémon Contest?

As she looks on in wonder a butterfly-like Pokemon suddenly flies right onto her face, knocking her off her feet much to the surprise of the rest of the group.

Outside the Rustboro Hall, Ash and the gang meet Janet and Chaz a pair of Pokemon coordinators who are competing in the Rustboro Contest. They explain how contests work and so Ash and the gang decide that they want to join. Unfortunately, they quickly find out that there are no spots left much to May's dismay. In spite of this May decides to be Janet's assistant during the contest so she can get some experience. As they continue to suddenly hear a lot of commotion, turning to the source they see a large crowd in the middle of an open field in front of the contest hall.

Ash: I wonder what's going on?

Brock: Why don't we go check it out?

The group then walks over to the crowd and makes their way to the front to see a young man in the center wearing a unique costume, on his shoulder is a small fox-like Pokemon, and next to him is a green reptile-like Pokemon trying to amp up the crowd.

Brendan: Ladies and Gentlemen!!! I hope you're ready, 'cause we're about to give you a performance like nothing you've ever seen. To help me out in this mighty endeavor I'd like you to meet my dear friends and partners Grovyle and Eevee.

Back with Ash and the gang, they are left surprised and unfamiliar with this kind of display, Max looks at the young performer and feels as though he's seen him from somewhere. Janet and Chaz however have complete recognition of who this performer is.

Ash: Grovyle? (Pulls out PokeDex) What's that?

PokeDex: Grovyle, the Wood Gecko Pokémon, and the evolved form of  Treecko. Grovyle live deep within forests, known as tree climbers, they jump easily from one tree to the next.

Ash: So that's the evolved form of Treecko, huh?

May: Who's that Pokemon on his shoulder? (Pulls out PokeDex)

PokeDex: Eevee, the Evolution Pokémon. Eevee is a unique Pokémon that can adapt to its environment by changing its form and abilities when evolving.

May: Looks like they're going to put on a show. Wonder what it's going to be?

Max: I can't quite place it but I feel like I've seen this guy before.

Janet: You just might have, that's Brendan. He's a coordinator like us and he's taken the contest world by storm, coming up with the most amazing moves and displays that keep the audience excited.

Chaz: He's not just competing in contests though, he's also going through the gym challenge as well implementing his experiences in both gym battles and contests with one another to improve his skills.

Ash: (Suprised) He does gym battles and contests?

Brock: That must be really challenging having to tackle both at the same time. I can't even imagine how much time he must spend training for not only battles but for contests as well.

May: Yeah, but why is he performing? The contest hasn't even started yet.

Janet: You see May, Brendan is all about the performance and entertaining people. Whether in gym battles or contests he wants everyone to have fun and smile throughout it all. It's just the way he tries to accomplish his dream.

Max: Oh now I remember, he stopped by Dad's gym a while ago. If I remember correctly he was able to win and get a badge.

May: (Shocked) He actually managed to beat Dad!

Brendan: Now it's showtime!!! Groyvle, let's start off with Bullet Seed straight into the air and Eevee use Shadow Ball!

Grovyle: (Nodding) Groyvle.

Groyvle begins to fire Bullet Seed into the air as Eevee intercepts it with a Shadow Ball. The resulting explosion lets off a mix of purple and green lights that shower down on the crowd, completely stunning them.

Brendan: Grovyle use Bullet Seed once more, followed by a Leaf Blade! Eevee use Shadow Ball on Grovyle!

As Grovyle fires Bullet Seed again it then leaps as Eevee follows this by firing a Shadow Ball directly in front of Grovyle who then flies through it with Leaf Blade, resulting in its attack becoming shrouded in a greenish purple glow. Grovyle then collides with the Bullet Seed resulting in another shower of lights impressing everyone in the crowd, especially Ash and the gang.

Ash: Wow! That was awesome!

Max: I had no idea you could combine moves like that!

May: Amazing!

Grovyle lands and Brendan then smirks as he and his Pokemon bow, and the crowd begins to applaud and cheer for the performance.

Brendan: Now how about we bring some excitement to this display? I invite any of you spectators to come and challenge me to a battle, more specifically a double battle. Now who thinks that they can take me on?

A few seconds go by and soon a large man dressed in a sailor's uniform approaches from the crowd grinning, next to him is a slimmer man also dressed in a sailor's uniform.

Cash: Hey, I accept your challenge. Names Cash and I've been raring for a battle. You've got me all fired up, so let's throw it down. My buddy here will act as the referee.

Brendan: Alright, now I'm feeling the excitement, so let the battle commence!

Referee: Now the battle between Cash the challenger and Brendan will now begin. Each side will have two Pokemon out, and the battle will be over when both Pokemon on either side are unable to battle. Now send out your Pokemon.

Cash: (Throws PokeBalls) Alright Machamp, Poliwrath let's go!

Machamp: Machamp!!!

Poliwrath: Poli!!!

May: Wow! Check it out. (Pulls out PokeDex)

PokeDex: Machamp, the Superpower Pokémon. Machamp's four arms move reflexively, which makes it very fast and allows it to deliver rapid-fire punches.

PokeDex: Poliwrath, the Tadpole Pokémon. Poliwrath is an excellent swimmer and its powerful muscles make its attacks extremely effective.

Brock: Those are some tough Pokemon, it's going to be a big challenge to beat them in a head-to-head fight.

Brendan: Alright Eevee, Grovyle your up.

Grovyle: (Nodding) Grovyle.

Eevee: Eie, Eievui.

Ash: He's using Eevee?

Max: But Eevee is a normal type! It's gonna be at a huge disadvantage against those fighting types.

May: Maybe he's got a plan. Guess we'll just have to find out.

Referee: Now, battle begin!!!

Cash: Poliwrath use Hydro Pump!

Poliwrath rushes forward and launches a Hydro Pump right toward Grovyle and Eevee as Brendan only smirks.

Brendan: Eevee counter with Shadow Ball!

Eevee fires a Shadow Ball that collides with the Hydro Pump, causing a huge cloud of smoke to erupt from the center of the field.

Brendan: Now Grovyle use Bullet Seed!

Before Cash and his Pokemon could even react a barrage of Bullet Seed comes straight out from the cloud hitting both Poliwrath and Machamp.

Brendan: Grovyle use Leaf Blade, Eevee use Shadow Ball!

Grovyle then leaps forward and slashes both Fighting Types with Leaf Blade, before jumping back to evade the Shadow Ball that instead lands on both Fighting Types. 

Cash: (Grunting) It's not over yet, Machamp Dynamic Punch, Poliwrath Double Slap!

Brendan: Eevee use Quick Attack, Grovyle use Detect!

Eevee sped around Poliwrath dodging Double Slap, meanwhile, Machamp unleashes a barrage of Dynamic Punch but Grovyle continues to evade each punch using Detect.

Brendan: Now Grovyle use Dragon Breath!

Grovyle unleashes a stream of Dragon Breath, launching Machamp right into Poliwrath resulting in both Pokemon becoming paralyzed.

Max: (Shocked) No way, that Grovyle can use Dragon Breath!

Brock: That isn't something you see every day, not to mention how he lured in Machamp toward Poliwrath and then used Dragon Breath to paralyze both opponents.

Ash: The way he combines moves is like nothing I've ever seen.

Brendan: Now time for the finale! Grovyle use Dragon Breath, and Eevee use Shadow Ball!

Grovyle releases Dragon Breath then Eevee releases Shadow Ball combining together to create an even larger blast. Both Fighting Types are enveloped in the attack resulting in an explosion. Once the smoke clears both Machamp and Poliwrath are defeated.

Referee: Both Machamp and Poliwrath are unable to battle, so Brendan is the winner.

The crowd begins to applaud with smiles as Brendan walks over to his opponent and extends his hand for a handshake.

Brendan: (Smiling) That was an excellent battle, you've raised your Pokemon really well.

Cash: Yeah, but you did better. Watch out the next time we meet it won't be so easy.

Brendan: Then I can't wait for our rematch. Now Ladies and Gentlemen!!! let's give a big round of applause to our challenger and his Pokemon for giving us an amazing display.

Brendan pulls Cash's arm up as the crowd begins to applaud even more, as the crowd begins to disperse Brendan now in his normal attire is approached by Ash and the gang.

Ash: That was amazing, I've never seen anything like that before!

May: Not to mention your performance was just as awesome, you're an expert at it.

Max: The way you combined attacks was unlike anything I've ever seen.

Brendan: Thank you, you are all too kind I've really had to work a lot to get this far. The names Brendan it's a pleasure to meet you all.

Ash: Same here, I'm Ash and this is my buddy Pikachu.

May: My name is May.

Max: I'm Max.

Brock: My name is Brock.

Janet: I'm Janet

Chaz: Names Chaz

Brendan: Oh that's right I thought you two looked familiar we all competed at the Mauville contest. Both of your performances were some of the best that I've ever seen.

Chaz: Yeah, but you were better in the end and won.

Ash: So Brendan, we've heard you're doing both gym battles and contests. How many badges do you have?

May: And do you have any ribbons?

Brendan smirks and pulls out two different cases and opens both of them. One holds three Gym badges, the Stone Badge, Balance Badge, and Dynamo Badge. The other contains two ribbons, the Mauville Ribbon and Fortree Ribbon.

Brendan: I've been able to win 3 badges and won 2 ribbons.

Ash: Wow that's awesome, you must be really strong you've been able to win a lot.

Max: You even beat our Dad so that has to be true.

Brendan: Oh your dad was the Petalburg gym leader right? That was my toughest challenge yet and I'd say I barely won that battle.

Brock: So Brendan are you competing in the Rustboro Contest?

Brendan: You bet, I just finished challenging the Rustboro Gym and made my way here to compete in the contest. Though after that I'm planning on taking it easy for a while, competing non-stop can get really tiring and I think both me and my Pokemon deserve a break.

May: That's great, it's always good to take a break once in a while.

Brendan: (Nodding) So are you guys also competing?

Chaz: Both Janet and I will be competing, unfortunately, they missed the registration and were unable to sign up.

Brendan: Oh sorry to hear that, but I guarantee you'll have just as much fun watching what contests are all about.

Now Ash and friends have met a new face, Brendan a skilled trainer and performer. Now how will things play out in the Rustboro Contest you'll just have to wait till next time.

As the Journey Continues...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 825 18
Your just a simple person, nothing to you. You waited for you two friends, Brendan and May, to finish school before you went on a journey. When they...
119K 3K 23
A major problem occurs, and Y/N gets the chance to fully live in the world just like the video games! But when he is caught up with the task instead...
268K 5.6K 54
Ash and Pikachu along with Cilan, and Iris travel together to a new region where Ash runs into a lot of old friends and rivals. Ash finds himself lea...
356 6 32
Kaley was a normal Pokémon trainer. She knew how to use her team to beat the Elite Four, and the champion. Everything was going amazingly. Until war...