Ronny

By oliviaxxwrites

Perfect appearances, perfect grades, perfect manners. Anything less for Adelina Torres and her family kicks h... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Epilogue 1

Chapter 19

55.3K 1.2K 129
By oliviaxxwrites

Aaron Hendrix

Tonight is one of the biggest events in the business world. Everyone makes deals, everyone backstabs one another, and everyone dangerous comes together.

I don't know why she is fucking here. She doesn't belong here, and when I saw her alone in the hallway, I damn near lost it with her.

She looks beautiful tonight, and any asshole here would see her alone and take advantage of that.

Maybe I was a little upset she hadn't texted me for a week, but either way she should not be here. So instead of making deals and enjoying my night, I have been lurking around the table she is at with some girl and keeping an eye on her.

"Ah Mr. Hendrix, pleasure to meet you" A man approaches me and offers me his hand. I recognize him instantly as Nick Torres, Addie's brother.

She says she likes him, so he must not be as bad as the rest of her family. I know him as a well respected lawyer from Harvard, but he's a little too far in the public eye for me to seek out working with him. I shake his hand, wondering what the hell he wants. "I heard you have been doing business with my father?" He asks. I scoff, "Did, not anymore"

Nick laughs, "Can't blame you for that. He has that effect on people"

"I just wanted to introduce myself, and if you ever need a lawyer I would be happy to work with you" Nick hands me a business card. I nod at this, having lots of respect for the man. I have heard lots of good things.

We talk for a little longer, until I spot a man by Addie's table talking specifically to her, and three empty fucking drinks in front of her.

"Isn't that your sister?" I ask, nodding towards the table.

Nick looks and his expression hardens when he sees a man clearly hitting on her. "Fucking hell" He mutters, "Sorry" He excuses himself, leaving me and going over to the table.

I watch as he gets the guy to leave her alone, and I watch as Adelina glares at her brother, then argues with him.

Does she like that guy and is mad he got him to leave?

She gets up and leaves the room, looking angry with her brother. The girl she was with is talking to Nick, seemingly defending Adelina. I slip out of the room after Addie, who I find out on one of the balconies of the venue.

I walk behind her and come up next to where she is leaning over the balcony edge.

"Adelina" I say, her attention turning to me.

"Are you angry with me?" She asks. Fuck.

"No"

She makes a face at me like she doesn't believe me. Her hair is slightly messy and I can tell she is tipsy. "What did I say about being alone?" I say.

She scoffs, "Don't start this too" She says. I look at her for a second, waiting for her to elaborate.

"My brother thinks he can tell me what to do all the time. I am a grown ass woman" She says.

It feels unnatural hearing her cuss, almost making me laugh. "You are" I tell her, putting my arm around her to turn her towards me. "But as a grown ass man, I want to protect you"

She looks up at me, her big doe eyes staring right into mine. She subconsciously chews on her bottom lip, not knowing how much it drives me crazy.

Before I know what happens she stands on her tip toes, puts her arms around my neck, and leans in to fucking kiss me.

I move my head back, knowing she is drunk enough to not know if she wants this. "I-I'm sorry" She moves away from me. "That was--I'm sorry" She says again, taking her hands off my neck.

I am about to say something when the balcony door opens and we both turn to see Nick. "Lina" He says, almost like he was worried he lost her. His eyes land on me, "Mr. Hendrix" He nods to me, "Thank you for going after her"

Addie scoffs, "I'm not a baby" She mumbles. "I know, Lina, but you're drunk. Let's go home yeah?" Nick says. Addie looks at me for a second then just nods to her brother. "Bye Ronny" She gives me a small smile before leaving with her brother.

Nick gives me a curious look as they go, of which I ignore.

Now that Addie is gone, I go back inside and get ready to do what I came here to do: make business deals and a fuck ton of money.

Adelina Celine Torres

When I wake up, I surprisingly feel great. My head doesn't hurt, my stomach doesn't hurt, in fact I am just extremely hungry. After I devour about 1000 calories worth of oat meal and bananas, I feel all set for the day.

That is, until the memories of last night remind me that I tried to kiss Ronny last night. And got majorly rejected.

I put my head in my hands, groaning at the memory. That is so freaking embarrassing. And he saw me having a tantrum because I was annoyed at Nick.

Double embarrassing.

I shower and slip into black leggings and a t-shirt, then lay on my bed and read for a little while until I manage to forget about my embarrassing actions from the night before.

I am never drinking again.

"Adelina" I hear Nick say after he knocks on my bedroom door. I sit upright, confused as to why Nick is home. "Yes?" I ask, and he opens the door and walks in.

"How ya feeling?"

"Fine" I give him a small smile. "I didn't realize Phoebe would give you drinks" He sighs. "She didn't, the bartender did" I say, "And now I feel so stupid" I close my book and look at my brother who looks like he is about to laugh.

"You're feisty after you drink" He laughs, "You got mad I shooed away the 35 year old guy hitting on you"

"Don't remind me...." I groan.

"So you know Mr. Hendrix? Or should I say Ronny?"

My eyes widen at this, "Um...yes?" I say.

"He's the friend you told me about the other day"

"Maybe"

"Don't do that with me, I don't care. It's Mom and Avery who will throw a fit."

"I know." I sigh.

"I don't approve by the way" Nick adds, making me frown. "He's dangerous, and I've heard he's an asshole"

"He's not. You two got along last night, why are you talking bad about him now?"

He shrugs, "I like the guy, as a business partner. Not for my little sister."

I roll my eyes, "We are friends, and I don't remember asking you for permission to have friends." I say, a little annoyed he insulted Ronny like that. He doesn't even know Ronny.

He is nice, and would never hurt me.

"Relax, Lina, I won't tell you what to do. But he better watch his back"

"You can't beat me in a fight, how can you beat Ronny?" I tease. Nick makes an offended face, "Where did you get the idea that I can't beat you in a fight?"

I shrug, "Not an idea, facts"

"Get up" Nick says.

Oh gosh what did I start....

"Not now, Nick, I'm tiredddd" I whine to my brother who is stretching his arms to fight me. "No, no baby whining. You made an obscure claim now let's prove it wrong."

He takes my arm and drags me off the bed. "Fine, but just know I am not at 100%, so if I lose that is why." I ramble.

"Go!" Nick says, then lunges at me. I barely dodge him, then turn to his back and five star him extremely hard. "That's off limits!" He yells at me. I just shrug, "Sucks to suck."

-----

The next week passes so slowly. I text Ronny a few times, but he doesn't respond. The jerk took off his read receipts too, so I can't even see if he has seen my texts.

I am scared he is mad about my attempted kiss last week, and that I ruined our friendship.

Yeah I may have a little crush on the guy, but I don't think it is reciprocated and I do not want to mess things up with my best friend.

I take out my phone and decide to call him, since he has left my three texts on delivered. Yeah, that's right I triple texted him. I'm desperate what can I say.

Just as the phone is about to ring out, he does. "Ronny!" I exclaim, probably too excited that I am talking to him for the first time all week. The last time we actually hung out was two weeks ago, before Papa hurt me and I ignored him.

"What" he says harshly.

Oop.

"Hi" I say, wanting to smack myself for not having planned what I wanted to say to him. "How are you?" I say, but it comes out like I am unsure what I am asking.

"Fine" He says.

Ugh dude, "That's good. Did you want to do something tonight? Maybe watch a movie or--

"No"

I frown at this, since he hadn't been this blunt and rejecting since when I first met him. "Oh ok. Is everything alright?" I ask. "I have to go" Is all he says before hanging up.

Ok then.

I put my head in my hands, feeling defeated and rejected. I don't understand why he is being so distant and straight up avoiding me. Is it really because I tried to kiss him? Was it that repulsive to him?

"Okay what is wrong with you?" Alyssa asks after walking into my bedroom while I am sitting with my face in my hands.

She was downstairs taking the cookies we baked out of the oven, and I had stayed back to call Ron. "I tried to kiss Aaron." I tell Alyssa, making her mouth drop.

"And why did you not tell me this before now?! What happened!"

I sigh and tell her my embarrassing story, ending with being pretty much absolutely ghosted. "That little bitch." She tells me, "He is obviously into you, he rejected you solely because you were drunk, and now he is avoiding his feelings." She says all in one breath.

I raise an eyebrow at her theory, "How do you know?" I ask, a small part of me hoping she is right. "Because he may be extremely attractive and wealthy and powerful, but he is still a boy. And boys are stupid."

I think about what she is saying for a second, "So what do I do?" I ask.

"Nothing. Live your life and he will come crawling."

I frown at this, "But--

"No but, tonight me and you are going to go out to dinner with my brother and some of his friends."

"I really should study for the test next week--

"Nope, we will grind that later. For now, we have fun." She cuts me off. Since I am not in the mood to study, it doesn't take a whole lot of convincing to coax me out tonight. Mama and Avery also have some fashion event, and I am terrified to be alone with Papa.  "Fine, but I can't be out late." I cave, making Alyssa squeal with excitement.

1899 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 42.8K 60
Highest Ranks- 1# Mafia 1#hostage 1#happyending 1#complete 1#good girl 1#italian 2#happy ending 2#opposites 3#Mature 4#morallygrey Rosie didn't h...
Arcadian By Elijah<3

Teen Fiction

4M 82.1K 36
Arcadian (adj.) idyllically innocent; simple and untroubled by fear or worry. Harper Flores is the human embodiment of a ray of sunshine. She's kind...
73.1K 1.9K 50
When a mother took her quadruplets away from their older siblings and father to never see them again. The four grow up not knowing anything about the...
349K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...